NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Gaelic Football Association (NSGFA) OOC

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

NationStates Gaelic Football Association (NSGFA) OOC

Postby United Vietussia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:35 pm

After two Gaelic Football World Championships in the books, I figure that the sport is quickly growing, so I felt it right to start up a discussion thread here for any questions related to the tournament to be asked out of character instead of in signups or the everything thread. Feel free to ask anything about the community, and it will most likely be answered by a fellow nation. Don't be shy to ask.

On The Floor: Champions-League type competition (suggested by Oisinistan)

On the Docket: Empty

Constitution:

I through III. Terms of Membership
I. Must have participated in at least one GFWC.
I.2 In that championship, you must have posted a roster and at least 2 RPs.
II. All members will be voted on for confirmation by current members.
III. When approved, be prepared to vote on different things regarding the NSGFA in the NSSports Community.
III.2 If found inactive as a member, you will be sent a telegram asking if everything is going good and the reason for less activity.
III.2.2 If the TG is not responded to in 1 week, the member will be temporarily removed from membership until the next championship cycle.
III.3 Members must participate in 2 of every 3 NSGFA championships.
III.4 Any member at any time may propose to hold a vote to suspend a nation.
III.4.2 The nation under discussion may not vote in their suspension vote.

IV. Elections
IV. Presidential elections will be held after each GFWC.
IV.2 Any member of the NSGFA may run.
IV.3 Voting takes place for 48 hours.
IV.4 The winning president must appoint a VP.
IV.5 If no candidate reaches 50% of the vote, a runoff between the top 2 commences.
IV.5.2 In the event of another tie, the incumbent president would choose the president with the other candidate being named VP.
IV.5.2.2 If the incumbent is running for re-election, then the Vice President will choose the VP, and under IV.4 would pick a VP.

V. Legislation

V. Legislation may be presented at any time.
V.2 If the floor is empty, legislation moves immediately to the floor.
V.2.2 If a piece of legislation is on the floor, then the new piece will be placed on the docket in a queue.
V.3 A tabling motion may be made for any piece of legislation at any time. If a simple majority carries the motion, the legislation will be tabled and removed from the floor.

VI. Presidents and Vice Presidents

VI. The president shall be elected by members of the NSGFA after each Gaelic Football World Championship.
VI.2 The president must appoint a vice president.
VI.3 If the president steps away, the vice president will act as a president in the absence.
VI.3.2 If the vice president steps away, then the members will have a 24 hour vote period in which to nominate and confirm a member to become president until the president or vice president return to occupy the office.
VI.4 A president can be impeached if a motion is made and is carried by a 2/3s majority of members.

Current Members:
Frenline Delpha
Oisinistan GFWC I and II Runner-Ups, GFWC III Champs
United Vietussia PRESIDENT GFWC I Champs, GFWC II and III 3rd
Ethane VICE PRESIDENT
Hamitltonia Voted into suspension due to inactivity.
AlphathetaFailed Activity Check, membership is suspended
Silvacometopia GFWC III Runner-Ups
Noksentin GFWC I 3rd CTEd
BeardedAndroidia

Forum Rules:
I. No vulgar language.
I.2 No offensive behavior.
II. Be serious. Don't ask a stupid question.
III. Only post if the question has to do with the operations of the NSGFA.

The NSGFA official rankings (post-GFWC III) can be found here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15WtZK_-adyMMPQNXBIlxP6lQEUCuHtCuZGMUMJDqoyw/edit?usp=sharing

Official Challonge site: http://nsgfa2016.challonge.com/
Last edited by United Vietussia on Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 am, edited 27 times in total.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:04 pm

4th, Pretty good!
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:05 am

How were these calculated?

Caermine
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caermine » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:51 am

I'm had such a good time with this tournament! I'm sorry I was busy in the last half and couldn't RP.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:01 am

Also, if this is going to be called an association, we need to write up a constitution regarding membership and such.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:26 am

I'd say go for a similar membership condition to those of other sporting tournaments on NS Sports. Sort of like roster and rp in 2 straight editions?
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:37 am

Yeah. Any ideas? You guys can draft in this OOC.

For the idea of RP and roster in both tournaments, current members:

Silvacometopia
Frenline Delpha
Oisinistan
Ethane
United Vietussia

All I can think of off the top of my head. Post any you find. Draft a constitution.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:38 am

Oisinistan wrote:How were these calculated?

I used a template then used the nation names. If you want the nitty gritty, look at the settings for most of the calculations.

Noksentin
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Noksentin » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:37 pm

I didn't even know there was a second tournament.

I should really pay more attention to this stuff :p
The Noksen Federation

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:55 pm

Will there be a GWFC III?
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:47 am

Silvacometopia wrote:Will there be a GWFC III?

I'd say wait a bit. Our first move should be to get Meski Sports to make a logo for the NSGFA account.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:32 am

Wait until at least after the world cup and the Olympics?
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:25 pm

I plan on starting one up after getting a logo, letting huge NSSports events die down, and really setting up this association. Give it 2-3 weeks maybe.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:06 pm

United Vietussia wrote:

I plan on starting one up after getting a logo, letting huge NSSports events die down, and really setting up this association. Give it 2-3 weeks maybe.

Or maybe wait until the Olympics are over?

Alphatheta
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alphatheta » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:52 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:

Seconded. It'll definitely be a long wait, but I'm sure there's good organizing to be done between now and then.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:20 am

Frenline Delpha wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:

I agree. I for one intend to take part in the Olympics. If we wait until after the Olympics, then I'm sure we will be able to get more roleplaying going.
Esportivan and Proud.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:

I too agree. We should get a lot of organising done during this time period
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:29 pm

Regarding Point 3, sub-rule B and C:
III. When approved, be prepared to vote on different things regarding the NSGFA in the NSSports Community.
III.2 If found inactive as a member, you will be sent a telegram asking if everything is going good and the reason for less activity.
III.2.2 If the TG is not responded to in 1 week, the member will be booted from membership until the next championship cycle.

Is this really a good idea? If you are on holiday or something for a few weeks (as I will be for 4 weeks this summer) or cannot access Nationstates for some other reason, is it really fair to boot someone from the association.

Also, might I suggest that if someone doesnt get involved in 2 consecutive championships, then they are removed from the association?
Esportivan and Proud.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Ethane wrote:Regarding Point 3, sub-rule B and C:
III.2.2 If the TG is not responded to in 1 week, the member will be booted from membership until the next championship cycle.

Is this really a good idea? If you are on holiday or something for a few weeks (as I will be for 4 weeks this summer) or cannot access Nationstates for some other reason, is it really fair to boot someone from the association.

Also, might I suggest that if someone doesnt get involved in 2 consecutive championships, then they are removed from the association?

If you are going on holiday, you should tell another member of the association.

Your second idea is great. We do need a system to assure participation in tournaments.
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Perhaps announce a leave of absence?

How about 2 out of 3? 3 straight seems kinda harsh. Heck, I'd already have to kick out Noksentin for that rule. He TG'ed me he didn't know it was going on. Let's give 2 of 3 maybe?

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:59 pm

United Vietussia wrote:

Perhaps announce a leave of absence?

How about 2 out of 3? 3 straight seems kinda harsh. Heck, I'd already have to kick out Noksentin for that rule. He TG'ed me he didn't know it was going on. Let's give 2 of 3 maybe?

Seconded.
Esportivan and Proud.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:18 pm

My ideas for a new NSGFA format:

3 divisions. Current teams that have played are top division. Every two championships, top 5 teams go up, bottom 5 go down.

Current rankings are considered Division I.

Every 3 months:

First month: First Divison III and II championship.
Second month: First Division I and Second Division III championship.
Third month: Second Division II and I championships. Promotions/demotions.

Division III format: Bracket only
Division II format: 1 group stage and bracket stage
Bracket I format: 2 group stages and double elimination stage.

I want to start this in March with the first month championships. Any changes/objections?

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:50 pm

United Vietussia wrote:My ideas for a new NSGFA format:

3 divisions. Current teams that have played are top division. Every two championships, top 5 teams go up, bottom 5 go down.

Every 3 months:

I want to start this in March with the first month championships. Any changes/objections?

I don't get it, what do you mean by First/Second division championships? And how are the divisions initially decided?
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:24 am

Silvacometopia wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:My ideas for a new NSGFA format:

Every 3 months:

I don't get it, what do you mean by First/Second division championships? And how are the divisions initially decided?

First/second division championships...what I mean is something like what they use in England. No, I don't live there, mind you, but here is what the format looks like. Use only the first 3 to see my plan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system#The_system

With my plan, people have to start out on the third division (with the exception of the startup) and work their way to the top. Division III teams will have one group play with the top 4 into division 3 to replace the relegated. Every 2 championships, teams move up/go down.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:29 am

On the note of this new format, I feel we should reset rankings when we promote/demote. We could keep an all-time standing, but for each cycle of championships, I say we reset our standings for the new cycle. Any objections?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports