NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED]Act Antics

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
United Sandvich Federation
Attaché

Founded: Sep 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED]Act Antics

Postby United Sandvich Federation » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Validity: Only for nations with high political freedom

After "The Sexytime Act" was given the green light for the legislature by independent government processes while you were away in the more remote areas of @@NAME@@, citizens have been in an uproar in @@CAPITAL@@ over the standards of what can pass through the legislation.

[option]"Look at this!" exclaims protester @@RANDOMNAME@@."The Sexytime Act is the exact reason why we should have more standards in the legislation! I mean, This requires citizens to get it on once per day! And what about the children? We need to have a majority vote in the national assembly whether or not the law is practical enough to be of any use to our nation before it actually gets considered, and lets start with this absurd act!"
[effect]Many laws are vetoed because they are "impractical for the nation".

[option]"Preposterous!" interjects one of your more experienced party members."The Sexytime Act will do wonders for our nation! In the long run it will turn our nation into an economic powerhouse due to the influx of new workers! Plus, it will increase happiness with some of our, eh, more unappealing citizens.
[effect]STD rates and happiness have hit an all time high after The Sexytime Act was allowed to pass.

[option]"I don't see a problem here", says one of your many cousins while picking corn out of his teeth. "what if you had complete control over what laws are a-okay? That way, @@NATION@@ is always happy n' whatnot, if not, the you can just send 'em to the slammer!"
[effect]@@LEADER@@ is the person who arranges the laws.
Last edited by United Sandvich Federation on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 19 times in total.
W H O T O U C H M Y G U N ?

don't run! it's just ham!
NationState's resident Team Fortress 2 fan.

If you have any problems with my posts, please call at 1-800-POO-TIS

All praise Lord Gaben

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Maljaratas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:11 pm

I would suggest adding effects, especially for option 2. Option one says to have every bill be considered before it is allowed to be debated, but obviously the bill has already passed, meaning it would be considered practical. Option 2 at least in my opinion should elaborate more on how this will benefit the economy (why does this improve it?).
"There are decades when nothing happens. There are weeks where decades happen" -Vladimir Lenin

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Sandvich Federation » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Maljaratas wrote:I would suggest adding effects, especially for option 2. Option one says to have every bill be considered before it is allowed to be debated, but obviously the bill has already passed, meaning it would be considered practical. Option 2 at least in my opinion should elaborate more on how this will benefit the economy (why does this improve it?).

Okay, I changed up some things for option two to tell how the economy benefits and worded the description and option 1 a little better to let people know the bill hasn't passed yet.

All praise Lord Gaben

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:17 am

A good validity item would be very high political freedom. Otherwise, it'd be somewhat out of keeping for many nations to be told legislation has been passed without their direct say so.

I'd also consider making the description explicit in that the legislation was passed without any involvement from @@LEADER@@, and perhaps qualify that by mentioning "independent governmental processes"
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Sandvich Federation » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:A good validity item would be very high political freedom. Otherwise, it'd be somewhat out of keeping for many nations to be told legislation has been passed without their direct say so.

I'd also consider making the description explicit in that the legislation was passed without any involvement from @@LEADER@@, and perhaps qualify that by mentioning "independent governmental processes"

Okay, i edited the validity and hopefully the changes to the wording of the description made it so it sounded like there was no involvement from @@LEADER@@

All praise Lord Gaben

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:01 am

United Sandvich Federation wrote:Validity: Only for nations with high political freedom

After "The Sexytime Act" was given the green light for the legislature by independent government processes while you were away in the more remote areas of @@NAME@@, citizens have been in an uproar in @@CAPITAL@@ over the standards of what can pass through the legislation.

[option]"Look at this!" exclaims protester @@RANDOMNAME@@."The Sexytime Act is the exact reason why we should have more standards in the legislation! I mean, This requires citizens to 'get it on' once per day! And what about the children? We need to have a majority vote in the national assembly legislation whether or not thea law is practical enough to be of any use to our nation before it actually gets considered, and let's start with this absurd act!"
[effect]Laws about the environment are often labeled as "impractical for the nation".

[option]"Preposterous!" interjects says one of your more experienced party members."The Sexytime Act will do wonders for our nation! In the long run it will turn our nation into an economic powerhouse in the long run due to the influx of new workers! Plus, it will increase happiness with some of our, eh, more unappealing citizens, disregard the fact that STD rates may hit an all time high.
[effect]STD rates and happiness have hit an all time high after The Sexytime Act was allowed to pass.

[option]"I don't see a problem here", says one of your many cousins while picking corn out of his teeth. "what if you had complete control over what laws are a-okay? That way, @@NATION@@ is always happy n' whatnot, if not, the you can just send 'em to the slammer!"
[effect]@@LEADER@@ is the person who arranges the laws that descend upon the people.

Some suggested redlines, some spelling / grammar related, others suggestion regarding flow and structure. Use or not, your choice of course.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Yymea
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yymea » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:06 am

Some of it sounds awkward, especially the effect lines, but otherwise it is fine.
Linnuis wrote: There's nothing at all stupid about the all leftists under twenty-fives online football challenge match... against the fascists.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Sandvich Federation » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Okay, I finally got around to editing the issue, removing unnecessary sentences and fixing grammatical errors.

All praise Lord Gaben

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Sandvich Federation » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:31 pm

Well I submitted the issue considering that nobody is replying to edit anymore, and I edited in some things before i pressed the submit button, wish me luck!

All praise Lord Gaben

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?