NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision 45 | Lavington, The Sarian | Contest Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

WorldVision 45 | Lavington, The Sarian | Contest Thread

Postby The Sarian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:57 am

Discussion Thread | Bid

The Executive Office for Sport and Culture
in association with
The Sarian National Network
welcomes you to

The stage is black, the crowd silent, nervous energy filling the grounds of the Presidential Palace. The announcer had just asked everyone to be quiet and the crowd, nearly 80,000 strong, had obliged. A video began to play across the screens on the stage, on monitors around the grounds and on the television screens of the world wide over.

.:: Opening Act ::.
.:: Vidi - Sing Together (WorldVision 45 Version) ::.

.:: Language(s): English ::.

To the tune of: Emmelie De Forest - Rainmaker

Vidi entered the stage to a dazzle of light, as the song began to play, lyrics began to show on monitors across the venue, encouraging fans to take the message of the song and 'sing together'. Vidi opened her mouth and began to sing the song she first performed in WorldVision 32.

Way-a way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way

Divided, that's how we die out
Division, that's what hates about
United, we sow the seed of love
United, we're stronger, no doubt

As the song progressed, fans - five each from every competing nation began trickling onto the stage, dressed up in their countries national flags. Nothing except the timing had been practised, each fan was instructed to go out, show energy and enjoy themselves. The organising committee had hoped that this edition would be a return to the grassroots, and this was one way in which they hoped to do it.

Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans, louder
Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans...

Oh, I sing, I sing for unity
It's in our hands, join the world band
Oh, I sing, I sing my favourite song
United we sing, divided we fall

Let us sing, let us sing together
oho oho
oho oho

As if the steady streak of unprepared fans acting as backup dancers weren't enough, around a hundred balloons, again coloured in national flags, were dropped onto the stage. It might've been chaos, but it was managed chaos and it looked good.

One voice, carried in the wind
One voice, coming from within
Join us, join our melody
I said, join us, sing for eternity

Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans, louder
Beating borders, louder
Crossing oceans...

I sing, I sing my favourite song

oho oho
oho oho

The monitor at the back of the stage began filling with thousands of small images - and the sound - of people singing along, from around the world.

Way-a way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way

Way-a way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way-a
Way-o way-o way

I sing, I sing my favourite song

The hosts moved to the front of the stage, whilst Vidi quietly moved to the back, directing singing occasionally but generally allowing the song to be taken over by the combined forces of the fans on the stage, the fans in front of the stage and the pre-recorded fans played from the speakers.

It's in our hands, join the world band!
Oh, I sing, I sing my favourite song

oho oho
oho oho

oho oho
oho oho

oho oho
oho oho

As the music ended, the crowd on the stage began to quietly disperse. The host, one of the best known media personalities in The Sarian, Wil Cousins stepped forward, "Welcome to the grounds of the historic Presidential Palace here in Lavington! Let the 45th WorldVision Song Contest BEGIN!"
Last edited by The Sarian on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:59 am

COMPETING NATIONS

01. Nightom
Performance | Postcard| Commentary

03. Dreamplanet
Performance | Postcard | Commentary

04. Frenline Delpha

06. Venkatanaras Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska

07. Britonisea

08. Missus X

09. Mitoland

10. Ekoz

11. Polkopia

12. Normandy and Picardy

13. Gregoryisgodistan

14. EDO and Gregoryisgodistan

15. The Sword Bloke

16. Antahbrantahstan

17. Oisinistan

18. KwaDai

19. Owner-osity

20. Adab

21. Lactatia

22. Electrum

23. Yttribia

24. Arioslavia

25. Anonymous Islands

26. The Sarian

Nations are asked to send the Organising Committee an image of an historic building from their nation for the postcards.
Last edited by The Sarian on Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Nightom
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Act #1 : Nightom, ABEN

Postby Nightom » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:04 am

01. Nightom
Vickey Jones-Sterling - Forgiveness

Vickey: Her during rehearsals; this is what she will wear.

Vickey Jones-Sterling had no plans to join the WorldVision Song Contest at first. Vickey was an innocent girl who had a large passion for musical arts "Music & Dramatic Music" at her Nightomiton school in Knightinghamshire. Vickey Jones-Sterling also had a great passion when performing on stage, too. She signed up for the Nightom Got Talent contest where she won with a resounding victory. Please click on this link to find out her winning song in Nightom Got Talent. Then one day, Vickey was surprised to find out that she had been selected to represent Nightom on it's debut; Something not even Nightom's government wasn't prepared for. Vickey signed up to the biggest contest in the Multiverse. And here she is today. Here is Act Number XX, Vickey Jones-Sterling with Forgiveness.

As the audience dies down from clapping after the debutant ABEN Member, a small female figure was spotted in the middle of the audience with a dress on...Which was black. She was playing a violin and was looking at the ground as the stage was flodded from the smoke machines. This ominous mood was met with her starting to play the instrument with ease. She then started to sing whilst playing the violin.

(0:14)
Lying in the cold
No one to heal, to heal my soul

Mountains were projected on to the screen as she started to move around the stage. She smiled to the camera before the camera moved out and witnessed this happening from a far. The audience whooped when she started moving around.

Illusions in the sky, unseen by the naked eye,
Though I can see light

The smoking machines intensifies as she did a pirouette with the violin at hand. She then smiled as the stage flashed a purple light in to the audience.

(0:41)
The bite of the harshest storm,
Doesn't blind, doesn't stop me from seeking for the gold
I hate it when you look at my this way, but hold your hands, we must pray for forgiveness.
Forgiveness!

Suddenly, in the middle of the stage, a ball with a woman wearing plain white clothing appears. The audience turns to the ball in the middle of the stage. Also focusing on the giant ball, the camera swerved from left to right.

(1:08)
Wash away our sins, in the holy water
Look at the clouds, as the day gets older
Following the directions of the shooting star
Pick me up, dust me off, help no other.

The camera looked at this event happening from the back and the front. The lights then started flashing on the stage at a fast pace like stars in the night sky. She started to do multiple pirouettes as she finished the last part to the chorus.

Think about the world, look at this art,
Step by step, following your beating heart,
Worlds colliding will set us apart,
Causing a pain; no escape from the dart

The audience then clapped as the woman in the ball, the gymnast went higher in to the ceiling of the stage. Lights focused on the glowing gymnast and Vickey as well, who was directly under the ball.

But we’ll be okay, we’re protected
There is no reason not to believe, what he says.
Follow the book and read it right, and never give up the fight
Let's get some rest, a new day starts again

Vickey then twirled around at any one time she could, though still kept her singing on point. The audience was really interested on the semi-acrobatics show they were given, something that WorldVision hadn't previously offered for them. Vickey looked at the audience.

(2:04)
Drifting away, outer space.
In the milky way.
The Multiverse, is to large

The gymnast then opened the door of the big bulb and tried to reach out for the woman, Vickey Jones, who was directly under her. The audience clapped at the woman dangling from the ball but no one knew what would happen next.

Washing the pain.
The pain, the pain, it hurts so bad!
I can't breath

Still dangling from the ball, the gymnast acted as though this took no strength. Vickey kept on spining and singing proudly while playing her violin to extreme tests. The staging was still repeating its flashing of the white lights but the smoke machines started to die down at an even faster rate.

The bite of the harshest storm,
Doesn't blind, doesn't stop me from seeking for the gold
I hate it when you look at my this way, but hold your hands, we must pray for forgiveness.
Forgiveness!

Like a cacoon, the gymnast curled back in to her transparent bulb and shut the door. The bulb then was whisked in to the air and rotated while Hovering above the audience. The audience looked at the ball in glee as she acted trapped without any way to escape.

(2:52)

-

Following the directions of the shooting star
Pick me up, dust me off, help no other.

As the bulb came back to the stage, Vickey looked at the bulb like an incoming spaceship. The camera looked at Vickey on a sideward angle before zooming out and inside sparklers were set off shooting in the sky. Suddenly, snow drops started to fall from the sky. It was a pretty sight and she smiled in glee at this.

Think about the world, look at his art,
Step by step, following your beating heart,
Worlds colliding will set us apart,
Causing a pain; no escape from the dart

The audience applauded for the last time as the song came to a slow ending. Vickey, in her head, was proud of the song that she had worked so hard for. WorldVision 45, Nightom's debut.

(3:33)
But we’ll be okay, we’re protected
There is no reason not to believe, what he says.
Follow the book and read it right, and never give up the fight
Let's get some rest, a new day starts again
We start a new!

The gymnast then started to descend from the highest point of the ceiling of the stage to the stage floor behind Vickey. The gymnast then opened the door of the stage and walked towards Vickey. Vickey turned to her. The camera focused on this point in time. Only a blue light on the pair.

(4:00)
Lying in the cold
No one to heal, to heal my soul

Let's hope for forgiveness.

The gymnast then formed in to a tree statue before she touched Vickey. She stops and poses for the camera. The crowd then roars as she bows. "Thanks WorldVision! Thanks to The Sarian, so welcoming!" The Gymnast also bows and hugs Vickey "Thanks!"
Last edited by Nightom on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:19 am

02 MISTER X

Chris David - "A Bad Time Together".
Tune: Faithless - "Insomnia"

The stage is pitch black. Chris David is in a bad place in his life. Wearing a black shirt, black trousers, black socks, and black shoes, he stands in the centre of the stage, in the extension leading out to the audience, although he could not be seen, owing to the lack of light. As the music starts, the spotlights, pointing in different directions, begin to fade in at an incredibly slow pace, before the lights all start to move to point at Chris David - this performance is all about him. As the beat kicks in and the lyrics start, the main body of the stage becomes illuminated in half-light, and four dancers make small, sharp movements on every beat. It's dramatic. It's haunting. And above all, it's somewhat mysterious.

You can tell from Chris's facial expression that all is not well. He doesn't want to open his eyes. His mouth doesn't move very much, only as much as is necessary. Some things are best left unsaid. But not today. People need to know Chris's situation. He doesn't want to do it. But he's going to. He begins to open his mouth with these words. They hurt.

You used to punch me all the time, it's not right
We always used to fight
You hit everything within your sight
Within the night
Your eyes were a scary light
It's called fear
And so we had

A bad time together

The spotlights focused on Chris switch off, as do the lights that were putting the backing dancers in half-light. At the same time, the backing dancers' clothes light up around the seams of the clothing, and in the instrumental break, dance as a unit: they do a small on-the-spot jump, before moving quickly to their left hand side, then a quick jink to their right before coming back to their left. They then, without any hesitation, do one roll to their right hand side, and spring up into a small-on-the-spot jump, before repeating the sequence back to the left hand side.

As the beat becomes less pronounced, they slow down, and dance expressively, no longer as a unit, with very slow movements, complete with wafting arms to seemingly nowhere to create atmosphere. Complete with the lighting, it looks mysterious; there's a sense of mystery, of fear. But as Chris started to sing once more, the dancers' light-up sections suddenly turn off, and at the same time, the beams of light that were shining earlier on Chris suddenly switch back on, all pointing at Chris once more. Shrouded in light, the lights cause Chris to flinch and to react almost scared. He doesn't understand what the lights mean. They mean a way out - a literal light at the end of the tunnel. But he doesn't understand it. They scare him.

Come on and kill me
Think you are going mad, makes me worry
You're so bad, I was mad, mad, mad to marry you

At the back of the stage two people come on and, in half-light, act out what Chris is saying. Chris himself is struggling to hold back the tears, and it has quickly become apparent to the audience that this is a true story that he is telling, and people begin to feel sorry for him.

No, please, please don't kill me,
Something's all over me,
You, me,
So don't kill me, please release me and let me marry
Someone that I love like someone you are not,
Killing my eyes with your stare,
But there's no release, no peace,
You won't divorce me, so kill me,
It's a curse, so let me leave, even break my teeth,

Chris punches himself in the side of the mouth, although only lightly, when he asks for his teeth to be broken in the song. As soon as his fist makes contact with his mouth, he goes into slow motion with his movements, shrivelling up slowly, dragging his fingers through his well-groomed hair. It reminds him of the pain he had experienced. And he didn't want to be reminded of it.

At least then I'll be free from painful hurt, think you are evil,

Chris snaps on the word "evil". His shoulders rise up, his hands have become claws, and he grips his head, almost as if he is trying to pull it apart. His mind is in a bad place. He wants to forget all of this. Surely there's no way out of this. This endless cycle of torture. He is still shrivelled up, and the audience can sense that he is imagining the literal lyrics - a knife, stuck inside him, being slowly and sadistically twisted. Make it stop.

But now I have to go there,
Deeper still, your knife, endless torture of my life,
I find in sight an end to all of it

When you attack, you're a maniac,
Attack and attack and attack,
Keep me alive just so you can go and hit me again,
I think we had

The lights suddenly were switched off. No one could see anything. The stage was in pitch blackness, and Chris sang the next line rather eerily, almost as if there really was no one on the stage and the voice came out of the darkness. The mystery deepened. Chris was struggling to hold back the tears. It was such a stark reminder of his life that he didn't want to sing about it any more. Please make it stop.

A bad time together...

All of a sudden, the lights burst alive, shrouding the stage in light, and finally Chris realised what the lights were indicating - that there was a light at the end of the tunnel for Chris' torment in his life. He spun around to look at the main body of the stage - and there it was. An army of dancers all waiting to welcome him amongst their ranks. Chris felt a warmth within himself, and smiled. He stood, motionless, as if he couldn't quite believe that there were this many people who were able to support him in his torment.

As the additional layer of drums kicked in, Chris sprinted to the main body of the stage and greeted himself amongst the dancers. He smiled again. Some of the dancers lifted him up. He was elevated above the dancers. There was a way out of his endless cycle of hurt, punctuated by an occasional burst of singing from a backing singer at the back of the stage. Chris' hurt was over.

(I'm leaving you now)
(I'm leaving you now)
(I hate you, so I'm leaving you now)
(I hate you, so I'm leaving you now)

Chris eventually stopped being overwhelmed and started to dance in unison with the dancers, and he kept doing it, embracing his new life, away from his old one. It does get better after all. Chris continued to dance as the lights and music slowly faded out, and Chris moved on to his new life.
Last edited by Mister X on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:24 am

3-Dreamplanet-3

Anna after her 2001/2015 Dreamplanet Tour.

Anna Dos Santos - Coming Back For More

After Dreamplanet's suprising retirement out of WorldVision 44, this was seen as a turning point for Dreamplanet's selections, Dreamplanet were this time hoping for more of a oriented optimistic/neutural song, contrary for what Dreamplanet is known for, and definitely the opposite of WorldVision 43's entry, which was a complete shock 10th place after such a event which based the song, Anna Dos Santos was a known singer in Dreamplanet and had great success in the Charts worldwide, but one thing that shocked her was that Dreamplanet never called her up to represent Dreamplanet in WorldVision, and even more shocked when Dreamplanet retired in 44. She called up DTV and presented her new song, RTV sent her tickets to The Sarian and now she's here and she wants to make herself known, here she is, for song number 3.

As she entered the stage, you could see in her expression that she was as cool as a cucumber, totally not worried about the huge crowd in The Sarian. She was ready to give it all she's got, she knew it was all or nothing, from a country that has been bashed for lack of choreography and staging, but that was not what Dreamplanet really cared when it came to songs, Dreamplanet has always cared about song message, but this time, they would atleast try, The lights went dark, a single red spotlight followed as she walked with her black dress around the stage with the smoke machines and wind machines on full blast, it was her time now, and there's nothing you could've done about it.

Darling, Darling,
Where have you gone now?

Running, Running,
Like you'll never be back

Missing, Missing,
Knowing that others don't care, care.

The smoke rised up to her chest as if she was drowning in water as the background changed from nothing to a empty road in the desert in the sunset as the spotlight changed from red to blue to once again add to the water affect.

No single person left to blame,
While everyone begins the fame.

And you're gone, gone now,
Your success was excellent.

But after all, you all knew,
That, i'd still be going on.

She carefully enunciated each word, her unique phrasing drawing each syllable out. The camera made a slow rotation around her as the smoke disappeared and the wind blew at full blast with her walking around the stage, as the background once again switched to nothing, but before she sang the first verse, there was a explosion of colours all around the stage and it changed from being illuminated by only the spotlight but every light now was doing a explosion of colour.

I used to rule the world, but now i'm left behind,
Watching others fall, oh-oh-oh.

Wave out to the crowd, left behind again,
But now you all know,

I'm coming back for more.(x4)

As the instrumental played, the wind and the background were completely cut out as the smoke was on full blast, covering her whole body as she changed from a dark dress to a sparkling, red dress which was underneath her black dress, so pretty much all she did was remove her black dress, use the smoke to her advantage and toss it away to the backstage, the crowd cheered as the instrumental ended for her to sing her next verse as she walked around the stage, she was with her back to the crowd, making the camera face her back, she turned around to the audience to sing the next verse.

I'm comming back for more.

Darling, Darling,
Just let it happen now.

When recovering,
i'd always knew i'd be back.

We're hidden, hidden,
But do not make a sound.

She repeated the verse in the exact same way and manner, smoke rised up to her chest as if she was drowning in water as the spotlight changed from red to blue to once again add to the water affect, except that the background was of Libon in the sunset. But she gave a twist to the end of the verse.

No single person left to blame,
While everyone begins the fame.

And you're gone, gone now,
Your success was excellent.

But in the end, you all knew,
That, i couldn't go on.

To finalise the song, the background showed Libon going from sunset to night, She walked really close to the audience again, to finalise the song, the explosion of light ended and it was back to the way it started, a singular spotlight following her in the darkness.

I used to rule the world, but now i'm left behind,
Watching others fall, oh-oh-oh.

Wave out to the crowd, left behind again,
But now you all know,

I'm coming back for more.(x3)

During the instrumental, the smoke came back and during that she came back to the center of the stage, once again had the back faced to the crowd, as well as the camera facing her back as she turned around to say the final words of the song.

I'm coming back for more.

"Thank you Lavington!" She said as the crowd roared, she knew that she had done something groundbreaking in terms of Dreamplanet WorldVision entries, she was very proud with her performance and maybe it is the beginning of a new era in Dreamplanet entries, maybe Dreamplanet had figured out staging, who knows? WorldVision was always difficult, but overtime things should get easier in WorldVision, Dreamplanet is known for being very simplistic, but they sure tried this time.

Next up, it's (insert nation here)
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:26 am

#4 Frenline Delpha
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:48 am

05 - Talvezout
Firespark - Second-Best Heaven

(Tune is Tame Impala, The Less I Know The Better)

Onstage is just the band, some glowing neon tubes, and a troupe of female dancers. In accordance with the psych rock feel of the song; the all female troupe is dressed in various pastels of medium-length dresses, with each of them armed with batons, pom-poems, ribbons, etc. The band itself is dressed in muted pastel suits; Firespark consists of lead singer and bassist Michelle DuBois, drummer Taylor Richards, keyboards Thor Berketïl, and guitarist Samuel Ryans.

Someone said they ran together
We were running until never
Were holding hands forever
Maybe the best feeling ever

Michelle steps away from the rest of her group, main focus being placed on her. The female dancers starts swaying out from behind the band, twirling, spinning, and making their way to the sides and the front of the band. One dancer, in particular, stands out due to her wearing a more darker outfit then the rest of the girls.

Maybe pull yourself together
Gotta try my luck, now or never
Do I hope it'll last forever
It's only my second-best heaven
The second-best heaven

The neon, floating tubes now start changing colors in rhythm of the drumbeat; the dancers also move in rhythm as well. Michelle walks backwards, back to the group, still singing all the meanwhile. A couple of the dancers fall into the floor, having seemingly fainted; however, they're not fainting and are in fact performing part of their routine, as they continue their rhythmic movements while on the floor.

Oh my god, I don't know what I'm doing
It's no wonder why it work, I know deep down inside
Oh my god, can you help me out of this blight
I won't believe it, I won't deserve it, I won't change my mind
So a last goodbye

The dancers all move back from their positions, just leaving Michelle and the rest of Firespark. The neon tubes stop glowing, just leaving the band onstage.

I want it now or never
For the 60 years we'll be together
Why can't it be now forever
I guess I'll just rot forever
I know I'll just rot forever
I know I'll just die forever

The band continues performing as the dancers stream past them; some of them stay behind, seemingly hanging around with the other band mates. Now, all of the dancers are performing the same routine with pom-poms, batons, and ribbons, all together simultaneously. Near the end of this part of the song, a pair of dancers start doing their own thing; this continues down the line, now leaving just the dancer in the darker outfit performing her routine.

Oh my god, why can't I see you at my side?
I know it'll never happen, but I'll try as hard as might
The world was perfect until I found you, now I can't imagine, now I can't erase
I'm just wallowing in this bullshit
Is this who I am, is this who I am?
The world was perfect until I found you, now I can't imagine, now I can't erase
I'm not going, I know you're not going

Michelle walks forwards, from her position with the rest of the band to the front of the stage with the dancer in the darker outfit. She stands there, simply watching and singing while the dancer continues her routine. At the end, the other dancer notices Michelle. They both smile, and move in for a kiss as the song ends.

Come on super girl, just say your little line
Come on crazy girl, just say your little line
Come on stupid girl, say your fucking line

The rest of the band, Michelle, and her girlfriend, are now all at the front of the stage.

Thank you Lavington! Gracias Lavington!
Last edited by Talvezout on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Venkatanaras Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Venkatanaras Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:53 am

06 - Venkatanaras Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska
Amphibia, One More Time

(Tune is Seoul, Stay With Us)

The arena is dark; the only things illuminating the arena is the lights near the audiences and various sirens onstage. The group themselves are dressed in regular street clothes, with neon lights embedded within them. As the lead singer, Victor Arÿîsúússútïl starts to sing, the lights all slowly turn on, just enough for the group to be visible, with only the occasional beam of light from the sirens illuminating the group.

I don't want to face the light, and not for the first time
Oh my, and, I really don't want to see what's right
Just close my mind, one last, one more time

The camera gets surprisingly close with Arÿîsúússútïl, with him leading the camera as if he was holding it's hand; the camera then "flys away" at the end of this part, as if Arÿîsúússútïl was letting a bird free.

Oh no
I know, I want to be fair and want to be free
Oh no
All I have is enough yet I still can't stop

The lights fade back now, with only some dull lights on the floor illuminating the band. The occasional siren flashes over them, illuminating their faces as they performed.

I don't want to see the night, hold on tight
Oh my, and I'll just take like a bird of night
Try to fly away one more, one more time

Arÿîsúússútïl, with the rest of the band, starts walking forwards; the lights within their outfits slowly turn on, with them turning on and off like the sirens behind them.

I'll wait, walking ever so slowly
Try to delay the last thing
Just so I can smile
And as, the world gets darker
All that I could find was my own fears, oh

The lights are now back on, with the sirens growing stronger; the lights are now finally back on; with the group now clearly visible. The floor lights, while still a dull brightness, are flashing with the song's beat.

I tried to run away for the last time
Oh my and
I know that it'll happen, sometimes
Just sometimes

All of the lights onstage fade out as the song fades out; the sirens all fade out, one by one as the song is ending as well.

Just once, just close my mind for the last time
Just once, I'll close my eyes for once more
Just once, just stop my heart for the last time
Just once, I'll die for the last time, one more time

Thank you Lavington!
Last edited by Venkatanaras Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Act #7 : Britonisea, ABEN

Postby Britonisea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:55 am

07. Britonisea
Evangeline Hope - Omnibenevolent (Avoiding You)

Evangeline: She thinks she's omnibenevolent! Are you?

Evangeline Hope signed up for Mehlodhifehstivalhen de Brityunik (Britonish Music Festival) in an attempt to represent her country, Britonisea, in either the world Hit Festival or the WorldVision Song Contest. Each time someone wins the Mehlodhifehstivalhen, the announcer then tells the performer whether they will be performing in WHF or WV as they happen one after each other. Luckily for Evangeline, she was picked to represent Britonisea at the 45th Song Contest here in The Sarian. After winning Melodhifehstivalhen, the singer-Songwriter expressed a desire of a top 5 win, hopefully stopping the trend of Britonisea getting fifth place. She said, "I [Evangeline] don't want to be the fifth fifth, I don't think anyone wants to be the fifth fifth. If I didn't get first, which will be extremely hard this contest in comparison to previous Contests, I'd be happy to get fifth. But, I just have to make sure I give it my all...That's why I am here on the WorldVision Stage!"

Evangeline was fairly new to performing in front of an audience larger than 4,000 people. She walked on stage with no facial expression. Evangeline wore a black cat suit and stood and looked at the audience for eight seconds before the first sounds of the song started playing. The crowd started to raw loudly at the woman as she opened her mouth to sing the first line of the song, the diamond-encrusted microphone glistening on the camera as it contrasts with her dark outfit.

I keep on avoiding you,
Reticent about our past affairs.

Three women wearing the same outfit as her came walking out in dark catsuits from the left side of the stage while three men, with unbottened shirts, came walking out from the other side. These men weren't walking, though. They were swaying from side to side focusing their eyes on the three women with the catsuits on.

Crossing the avenue,
I was quiescent at the time of night.

The camera swung around from one side of the stage as the men touched hands with the women. Evangeline walked forwards, towards the audience and gave off a bit of a wink. An eighth person, a male, came walking on the stage and set eyes on Evangeline while she was singing. He admired her for a moment.

I know I once lusted you,
Only when we were under the covers.

When she sang about "under the covers" the man smirked and proceeds towards her. The other six people started to dance and sway along with the song. The crowd wooed at the eighth hopeful who came quietly behind Evangeline.

I keep on avoiding you,
I guess I like your attention.

The male reached Evangeline and grabbed her from behind. As he did this, she smiled and did a backflipped over the male. Wondering what she just done, he looked at the audience wondering how she did that. One of the women and the men quickly stepped off the stage, the camera focused on Evangeline, the singer as she walked to the other side of the stage.

Ooh,
Writing to that handsome fella,
Praying that you were swell, and,
Hoping you were smart.

The man quickly ran to Evangeline as another couple walked off the stage. Evangeline turned her body around before the man reached her and she put her hand on his shoulder and pushed him back, though still singing towards the audience. He looked very entertained and was very happy to follow the physical orders from Evangeline.

You think I won’t be able
To keep this relationship stable
But I know what you’re up to you...

Evangeline stopped pushing him back as she was in the middle of the stage. The stage then went bright red as she finished singing the pre-chorus.

I’m Omnibenevolent
A God Sent
I’m Omnibenevolent
With maximum stealth

Evangeline was singing the chorus to the man who was following her. When she spoke of herself being Omnibenevolent, he then got on the floor and started to circle her on his knees. The crowd roared at this man getting on his knees. White camera-flash lights flashed across the stage.

I keep on avoiding you,
Spilling my coffee hastily.

Evangeline walks to the right side of the stage and winks before sitting down on a sudden chair...which was randomly but there. All the men that featured on the stage came running from all corners of Evangeline and circled her likena crowd of sharks. A strong white light was on Evangeline as she tried to give the men no eye contact; but you could tell she loved the attention.

Are you my true vertue?
I wouldn’t know nor do I want to.

With the men still on he floor swooning over the dashing Evangeline, the camera zoomed out and looked at the crowd before zooming back in to the performer. Evangeline smiled before turning suddenly to the other side of the stage.

Ooh-oh,
Watching the hands of my watch tick,
Waiting in the thick fog,
I doubt, doubt, doubt you...

The other women came from that side that Evangeline was looking at. She got up from the seat hastily and ran away from the men. Unaware of their female counterparts looking for them, the men ran after Evangeline in a seductive way and as they reached her, the girls turned around.

I know you may call me naive,
I might be easy to deceive,
But, I’m much more than you believe...

Evangeline turned to the audience as the men, which were on one side, and the women, on the other side, were shocked in go a freeze frame. Speaking directly to a few in the crowd, she pointed her arm at them then pointed her index fingers to her head.

I’m Omnibenevolent
A God Sent
I’m Omnibenevolent
With maximum stealth

The other men were still in a freeze frame but the male who was with Evangeline at the start came to life and came behind her. When the man hugged her from behind, Evangeline sighed in relief. She looked as though she realised that what she was doing was wrong. The camera zoomed in on to the faces of the male her as the colour of the stage turned to a bubbly pink.

Omnibenevolent!
It gets me high, looking at your attempts.
To try and rope me back in. (Omnibenevolent)
But I learnt, a lot, from my mistakes.
I’ve paid my price

Now singing to the man, and the others still in a freeze frame, Evangeline looked confused. Giving up her normal life to go to a life she'd always wanted. She thought that this would be an easy job for her, but it isn't easy to give up your whole life for something you believe in. The pros and the cons came to her and she sang the next bit sadly;

At my cost.
Avoiding you, ooh.

The stage turned from bubbly pink in to a much more dull grey.

Suddenly, it changed. The camera zoomed in as she belted out the next line, the lights came back up and she ran to the people in a freeze frame. Those people, however, weren't in a freeze frame. They were about to take a strike at Evangeline.

I’m Omnibenevolent
(I know I’m not, but I am when I’m with you!)
A God Sent
I’m Omnibenevolent
You are within my clench!

Luckily, the man at the start saved her and ran away with her in his arms. They ran towards the audiencs. She started waving her hands in the air at the audience as they clapped along to the song. Also, they sang along with Evangeline which made her smile.

Being together only caused torrent fights,
I’ve learnt a lot of mistakes.
Yet, going back to you at my expense,
Won't show my benevolence.

As she finishes her song, the crowd erupts in enjoyment. Evangeline smiled and thanked the audience, "Thank you so much! Merci! Thanks The Sarian." Evangeline then walked off the stage with a sense of achievement. She hoped she could keep up her nation's previous success.
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:08 am

08 Missus X

Rick Leg - "A Condom"
Tune: "The Mobil 1 Song" - Alexander Armstrong feat. Jenson Button, Sergio Perez, & Tony Stewart. (starting at 0:22)

Rick Leg promised in WV38 to only enter serious entries. Like any politician, he'd broken it, and so wished to keep to his pledge. However, he had a different interpretation of a "serious" entry to the rest of the world... so he decided to sing a song about safe sex.

A giant condom, with a happy, smiling face on it, is on the stage.

Hit it!

The condom flashed different colours in time to the music, as Rick stood in the middle of the stage.

It's made of latex and it is a useful toy
For any sort of sex that you would love to have
It reduces lots of friction and improves your slippery-slidey-ee
As shown by this simple equation...

About 10,000 model numbers fall from the roof, showering Rick in a numerological avalanche. There is an awkward pause as he brushes off a 0 from the top of his head.

It operates superbly, and it's really versatile
For anal, oral, handjobs, or vaginal,
But if you're doing anal sex then you really have to know -
It will be important for you - ooh -

The condom starts "singing" and swinging from side to side, with the face appearing to move and sounds coming out of it.

A condom
Put it on your penis
A condom
Yes, it's true
A condom
Quite cheap, really, really,
And make sure you
Use lots of lubeeeeeeeeeeeee
ricant

(Oh dear, that's not very good)

The condom "stands" still once more.

On the other side of the stage is a table, with various brands of condoms on it. Rick moves over to that side.

And now we have to decide which brand is the best one
But here's a little test that we did earlier
And we couldn't decide which one was the best
But we found the best lube, oh yeaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There's an awkward pause, as Rick was expecting a lot of applause for that note. Which didn't occur. Again, the condom repeated its antics from the previous chorus.

A condom
Put it on your penis
A condom
Yes, it's true
A condom
Quite cheap, really, really,
And Pjur has
Really great lubeeeeeeeeeeeee
rication

(I don't think that's particularly good either.)

Then the condom deflates as Rick starts acting really odd and stands stone dead still, apart from his mouth, somewhat robotically.

Condoms
Insert penis
Condoms
Insert penis
Insert your penis

And with that, Rick's finished. And it seems not a moment too soon.
WV32: 35th
WV33: 10th
WV34: 13th
WV35: 22nd
WV36: 34th
WV37: 16th
WV38: 23rd
WV39: 30th
WV40: 18th
WV41: 22nd
WV42: 18th
WV43: 13th
WV45: 18th
WV46: 23rd
WV47: 27th
WV48: 29th
WV49: Withdrew
WV50: 17th
WV51: 17th
WV52: 19th
WV54: 26th
WV55: 20th
WV56: 21st
WV57: 13th
WV58: 23rd
WV60: 20th
WV61: 18th
WV62: 13th
WV63: 10th
WV64: 21st
WV65: 27th
WV67: 18th
WV68: 18th

Puppet of Mister X.

Mitoland
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mitoland » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:29 pm

09 - MITOLAND

MITOLAND - SOMETHING SPECIAL
By: xSay feat. Eryka Mondìlô
Tune - James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado
Time - 4:14

xSay, real name Hìmans Répos, is a 28-year-old who entered Voccelâmitolia (A Voice for Mitoland) to try and fill the hole in his heart caused by recently breaking up with his ex-girlfriend. He was so affected that he actually wrote a song about his breakup and got popstar Eryka Mondìlô to feature as his ex-fiancé, who cannot be named for legal reasons, for the competition. Little did they know, they would be performing in WorldVision 45 three months later! After winning by a landslide in the competition, winning 208 points, more than 2nd, 3rd and 4th put together, Répos stated, "I didn't want our breakup to be publicised. I didn't want my ex to hang her head in shame as she walked through the streets. But I've always wanted to be a popstar, and, here I am, about to become an entrant for WV!" Répos is very confident, almost a bit cocky about the competition. MBO One, yet again, will be broadcasting the competition at 8pm on February 22. The show will be the first aired under MBO's new rebrand, with all MBO channels closing from 8pm the night before until WV starts.

*xSay is the stage name for Hìmans Répos

-THE ACT STARTS-

The stage casts a pale glow over the arena, and focuses on xSay, who appears to be sat in what looks like a hotel room. The music starts and he begins to sing very gently.

0:08
Wouldn't tell me, for the first time.
For the last time, lost myself again.
She sank my heart, sank my heart -
She'd do it every day.

A few guitar strums also come into the song, giving the song more background as xSay continues the verse. He picks up a guitar

0:25
I'd give her my love,
She'd ignore me and rain,
Rain down on my happy town
She was the evil,
She was my pain,
That just took my feelings down (and down)

He looks at himself in a mirror and breathes into it. With his finger, he spells out the words 'BROKEN HEART' in it.

0:42
Woah, she took my life,
She cut straight through it with a knife.
She'd shout every day, couldn't do no more days
It really wasn't okay,

Suddenly, as the drums join in to lift up the beat, Eryka joins in too. They sing in perfect harmony. xSay's guitar sets on fire, but does not get damaged. It's part of the act.

0:59
You can't love with a broken heart,
You can't feel when the taste is tart;
But when you find another love,
There's something special (about you, babe)

All our love's words have never hurt
More than any the others uttered to me;
And I love you amazingly more,
Than I ever have...[/box]

Now, it's Eryka's time to shine. Her clear voice fits in with the song as the instrumental part reverts back to the first verse.

1:33
Well, my heart sank, when you left me,
Life was unclear as a foggy day.
Yeah, I let the worst of me slip
Outside of the love, I tried.

She is also pictured in a mirror. The camera pans until it hits a right angle. Both people can be seen, both pressing their hands against the mirrors, which makes it seem lile they can see each other through the wall, but they cannot. xSay joins back in.

1:51
Running back through,
The corridor,
Of love that took me through this way.
Yes I'm happy
Got one lover more
Now you've left me alone,
Woah, you've taken my life,
And sewn it back together now it's right.
And now our lives are gonna thrive -
We're together...

A broken heart that appears and disappears made of circular pixels appears as the chorus begins again. Without warning, rainbow strobe lights shine across the arena and shock the crowd, and a 3D animation leaps out of them without actually doing so!

2:24
You can't love with a broken heart,
You can't feel when the taste is tart;
But when you find another love,
There's something special (about you, babe)
Than I ever have...

-At 2:59 quiet instrumental to 3:35-

The animations become stonger than they ever have as their voices do too.

3:36
Than I ever have...
Woah, I gotta say I love you amazingly more,
Then I ever have...

Then the music quitens down to how it was when the song began, with only the guitar playing. Only xSay is singing and the glow narrows to include the original hotel room. The impressive guitar fire dies out. He sings gently.

4:01
Now you tell me, for the first time,
And I'll never lose myself again...

The crowd go wild! This could actually be a serious contender compared to last year's flop. Anything could be better than that condom song - at least let's hope so...
Last edited by Mitoland on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.45
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28
I'm a Libertarian Socialist. That's good.

Current month: December 1994

News of Mitoland this week:
- The government scraps tuition fees for public universities.
- Planned Christmas Day terror attacks on the Marktplatz in Rheine are discovered and foiled. Eight arrests have been made in connection.

Apart from capital punishment, this nation represents 95% of my views. Some NSStats are slightly wrong.

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

10. Ekoese

Postby Ekoz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Friedrik Zaal in the music video for 'Soaring' courtesy of Universal Music Ekoz. (C) 2016

Friedrik Zaal, 26, remains one of Ekoz' most exported and successful DJ's and arguably the biggest DJ within Ekoz's region. Responsible for the biggest rave within Carnise, Zaal has built a credibility within the music scene like no other. His single, Soaring was submitted to the STE and was chosen to represent the country internally. Zaal himself submitted the single into the STE to not only release his music to a wider audience, but to show the World the booming Ekozian music scene. Soaring debuted at number one on the Ekozian iTunes chart and currently reigns atop of the Ekoesestoplistann.

Zaal, although a hugely popular figure within and outside of Ekoz, he remains extremely shy and private in regards to his personal life, and often refuses to do interviews or public events, thus, the announcement that Zaal would be representing Ekoz at WorldVision came as a great surprise and shock to the general public. Zaal's song "Soaring" is about his teenage and early twenties lifestyle. Zaal was brought up in the heavily urbanised area of Maanarsgatt (now a thriving economic area of Carnise), a deprived area of Carnise famous for its drug and drinking culture, even to the present day. Zaal's childhood wasn't that of a normal child; both his mother and father were incarcerated for drug-trafficking and are still serving in Ekozian prison to this day; Zaal writes about his escapes as a young adult, and how he often depended on said escapes during his every day life.

Zaal's performance style is reflective of that; he prefers the audience to appreciate the music and lyrics, rather than the performer. He often features dancers, lighting and various other mediums to express his music and will no doubt feature many of these mediums within his WorldVision performance.

As the end of the postcard finishes, the camera pans onto the stage with the crowd roaring. The stage is dark, with a circular podium in the centre of the stage. Directly behind the circular podium, but more towards the back of the stage, is a DJ box, in which a figure of a man (Friedrik) can be seen.

Atop of the podium is the figure of a long haired female and a mic-stand. As the first chords of the piano start to play, the podium and the DJ box begin to slowly light, never revealing the face of the female figure. Thin spotlights surround the out circle of the podium and the DJ booth.

All Consciousness begins to fade,
I am falling,
I'm letting go, into the dark,
The room is closing around me, yet I feel free, feel right.

As the beat begins to take over from the piano, the camera pans around to behind the DJ booth, revealing Friedrik's muscular back. He is seen tweaking and changing controls on the DJ booth.

I'm flying now,
I'm flying now,
I'm flying now,
A sense of freedom, relief,
So faded now,
Can't take this away from me,

As the beat kicks in, water falls narrowly around the podium and the LED screen flashes white, before then returning dark. Strobe lights are then placed directly onto the waterfall and lighting to the beat of the music. The female figure begins moving her arms around creating splashes within the waterfall. See here (2:01-2:35) for visual of waterfall/patterns

I'm flying now (Feel so free)
Euphoric high; can touch the sky.
Not coming down,
Euphoric dream; no one can catch me now, finally I'm free,
I'm soaring.

As the female figure begins to sing "I'm soaring", the waterfall begins to pattern, and a wider waterfall in a semi-circle around the back of the stage begins to fall, alighting a deep aqua blue atmosphere on stage. Friedrik can be seen getting wet and DJ'ing.

I'm soaring,
can't stop,
I'm soaring.
I'm soaring,
can't stop,
I'm soaring

The waterfall then stops and the camera pans centre stage onto the female figure on the podium, who's identity still hasn't been revealed. She begins to sing. As the beat starts towards the end of the verse, a flash of white light hits the back of the stage and behind the podium, creating a shadow effect on both Friedrik and the unidentified female.

A psychedelic trip too high, too relieving,
I can't say no, one happy pill,
A boundless ride is all I need, no feeling, tonight.

As the beat hits, specifically on "the flashing lights" onwards, a spray of water arises from the ground around the podium and can be seen falling back onto the stage. This is then repeated on each beat.

Still flying now,
Not coming down,
The flashing lights, blinding my eyes,a heightened reality,
Still flying now,
Not coming down.
Flashing lights, free, blinding eyes, free, heightened reality

The waterfall then re-appears, creating a circular patterned effect around the podium and around the DJ booth. Friedrik is seen clapping and spurring on the audience. As the beat continues, the camera pans from the back of the stage looking at the audience to reveal the extent of the water effects before panning around the audience and returning back to centre stage.

I'm flying now (Feel so free)
Euphoric high; can touch the sky.
Not coming down,
Euphoric dream; no one can catch me now, finally I'm free,
I'm soaring.

As the song begins to slow down, the waterfall begins to stop. On the final few "I'm soaring", only droplets of water can be seen.The camera pans onto the floor of the stage, focusing on a puddle that reflects the silhouette of the female figure, before panning onto Friedrik as the camera begins to zoom back out centre stage.

I'm soaring,
can't stop,
I'm soaring.
I'm soaring,
can't stop,
I'm soaring
Last edited by Ekoz on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:03 pm

UCRTV- Live Coverage

Live coverage of the 45th WorldVision Song Contest in Lavington, The Sarian due to the bid from The Executive Office for Sports & Culture in association with The Sarian National Network.

With Mini and Daniel.

Mini: Hello! We are live in the Sarian, Lavington. I love The Sarian, I am Mini from the Serpentents. And yes, before you wonder, it is meant to be spelt like that, and said like that. So please....OK.
Daniel: Well, hello. I am here. I am Daniel Richards and I will be co-presenting with Mini, here. How are the people in The Sarian?
Mini: Oh My Gosh; I thought that none of them would know me! They didn't. But, I did think they were going to be quite rude and you know, abrupt but no!!! They're such lovely people. I am so sorry, The Sarian.
Daniel: I like these people here also! They're very...opposite to jocky kind of people.
Mini: Jocks, as in yum yum Jocks.
Daniel: Ummm...Yep? Anyway, The Sarian won with 200 points; Britonisea won with 24! 200 points is amazing; it showed that a lot of nations voted. Mister X came second with 188, 12 points behind! 12!
Mini: The Sword Bloke?
Daniel: They came third, last but not least.
Mini: They did get the least...
Daniel: Okay, thanks...Performing first is debutants Nightom. Britonisea performs 7th, stealing the spot from Ekoz.
Mini: Fun Fact, for the past 4 editions (including this one), Britonisea and Ekoz has been taking the 7th spot in rotation.
Daniel: Cool! Anyways, it's starting.

00- Opening Act

Daniel: You have got to love a bit of The Sarian?
Mini: I loved that opening act. That song is one of my favourites that WorldVision has produced.
Daniel: It was really, good.
Mini: Also, that video was new, wasn't it?
Daniel: Not every contest you have those! Had in last in, what, WV42 or even WV41!
Mini: Yeah, next up is Nightom.
Daniel: Nightom, as opposed to Aloquirbe and Estogium?
Mini: Yeah! Neither countries got higher than 49 points.
Daniel: Why 49, though?
Mini: Aloquirbe got 49 points on their debut and it is kinda our target. Since Aloquirbe got those 49 points, only five songs out of 12 failed to get 49+ and about 2 of which was in the 40's band. A huge improvement.
Daniel: Ready?
Mini: Ready.
Daniel: Act 1, Nightom.

01- Nightom
Mini: Right. I think that this song is amazing. Whoever hated it are haters. Don't listen to them.
Daniel: It deserves enough points to float. 49 points.
Mini: Its a great new start to WorldVision. Good.
Daniel: To vote for Nightom, please call 777-701, or text VOTE to 777-001.
Mini: Next up is.!!!! Urgh.
Daniel: Mister X. Why are they called Mister X!? That is a bit sexi-
Mini: Oh, not again.

02- Mister X
Mini: Mister X, I didn't like it.
Daniel: It's the songs they choose. The lyrics are fine but the song is just...eh.
Mini: Antique.
Daniel: Yeah. Also, Mister X could've hosted this contest, you know.
Mini: I have a feeling that Mister X hates Britonisea and the rest of ABEN so they wouldn't have given us any good camera angles. Nor luck.
Daniel: I agree. To vote for Mister X, please call 777-702 or text VOTE to 777-002
Mini: Next up is Dreamplanet; apparently they are better than the ABEN songs, so we need to check this out.

03- Dreamplanet
Daniel: I didn't like the sound of the song but everything else was great.
Mini: Staging! They used staging! Oh MY LORD!
Daniel: Finally, they got it in to their nuts.
Mini: Nut. I like nuts.
Daniel: You nasty girl.
Mini: I am an independent woman, don't call me a girl, you filthy boy. Call 777-703 or text VOTE to 777-003.

04- Frenline Delpha

Mini: Next up, we have Talvezout, the hosts of the previous WV Song Contest. Let's see what they can do for us.

05- Talvezout

Daniel: The song was really crazy. The sound of it scared me!
Mini: I agree. Very creepy. Very crazy.
Daniel: Nevertheless, good lyrics.
Mini: To vote Talvezout please call 777-705 or text VOTE to 777-005.
Daniel: Next up, we have a long name I ain't bothered to say. Let's call them VIR.

06- VIR

Mini: Interesting start. I actually quite enjoyed I, you know.
Daniel: Me too! Too much whispering, but I loved it.
Mini: The lyrics aren't too much nor less. Just good enough.
Daniel: Well, we have a guest in the box today, Tess Philipa!
*Tess Enters*
Tess: Hello, Mini and Daniel.
Mini: Hello, take it away!
Tess: To vote for VIR, call 777-706 or text VOTE to 777-006.
Mini: Next up is...
ALL: Britonisea.
Daniel: Who have been getting a lot of stick towards their song. Let's see.

7. Britonisea

Tess: Obviously, she isn't omnibenevolent.
Daniel: She even says it in the song; maybe the haters had temporary hearing loss.
Mini: More like selective hearing.
Tess: Personally, this song is the best so far!
Mini: Much different to other songs.
Daniel: We can't have a repeat of WV44; both nations not reaching the 49 point target.
Tess: We'll see. Also, Britonisea is going to have to change it's formula.
Mini: I agree. Standalone women have represented Britonisea in WV32, Tess, WV38, WV40, WV41, WV42, WV43 and WV45. That's seven out of 12 songs Britonisea has sent. And girl groups, including mine, can take 35 and 36.
Daniel: 9 out of 12 songs represented by women. Last time we had a male(s) was ages ago.
Tess: Next edition!
Daniel: No voting for us. Next up is Missus X.

8. Missus X

Daniel: Viewers, I am so sorry.
Tess: Thank god it was short.
Mini: *Laughing* Sorry, I can't stop!
Daniel: 777-708 to call or text VOTE to 777-008.
Tess: Right, up next is Mitoland.

9. Mitoland

Tess: It's alright, I guess.
Mini: I have nothing against it, I guess.
Tess: He won Voice of Mitoland, with such a landslide. I doubt it.
Mini: I know right.
Daniel: 777-709 to call and text VOTE to 777-009 if you'd like Mitoland to win. Lines open at the end.
Tess: Ekoz, next!

10. Ekoz

Daniel: What was the horrible noise at the start?
Tess: Dunno, but the rest is okay.
Daniel: This is always their genre though.
Mini: Hopefully, we can match this one day.
Tess: Yeah. The song wasn't amazing but it was good. Top 10?
Daniel: Probably.
Mini: Call 777-710 or text VOTE to 777-010.

11. Polkopia

Mini: Personally, I didn't really like it. It's a typical song from Polkopia- they need to change up.
Tess: Regardless, this song will probably get some Britonish Votes! I think it sounded nice.
Daniel: But do we want nice?
Mini: I am not sure what WorldVision wants.
Tess: Me neither. Call 777-711 or text VOTE to 777-011

12. Normandy and Picardy

Daniel: Well, I don't really like this band.
Mini: But, they're very successful so they've returned this year.
Daniel: I didn't really like them last year...That song, however, was better.
Tess: I am not sure about this one.
Mini: I like it...
Daniel: It seems like the commentators are mixed. Call 777-712 or text VOTE to 777-012 to see who you agree with!

13. Gregoryisgodistan

Daniel: That was actually better than their usual songs, you know.
Mini: I have to agree. Although it isn't the best song, it is one of their best songs.
Tess: Yep. I agree there. At least it's less violent than usual.
Daniel: Forget the smashing.
Tess: Yeah, Call 777-713 or text VOTE to 777-013!
Mini: Next up is Electrum Diplomatic Offices and...Grego-
Tess: That must be wrong!
Daniel: Oh...it's the Lord! Let's shut up!

14. Electrum Diplomatic Offices and Gregoryisgodistan

Tess: Okay...then.
Mini: It's interesting.
Tess: Did you here about the EDO/Gregoryisgodistan/Electrum mixed voting. That's going to be hectic. Electrum usually votes for serious entries and Gregoryisgodistan votes for...bombing compatriots. Electeum is going to made looking like the bad guy!
Mini: Indeed! Call 777-714 or even text VOTE to 777-014.
ALL: It's The Sword Bloke!

15. The Sword Bloke

16. Antahbrantahstan

Daniel: This song is quite interesting. The lyrics are a bit haunting but it sounds quite beautiful.
Mini: A very strong contender to get 12 points from Britonisea. It is brilliant.
Tess: I have to agree with you, this song is probably the best song so far- surpassing our own entries.
Daniel: Let's not go that far!
Tess: Call 777-716 or text VOTE to 777-016 if you want to see this masterpeice win!

17. Oisinistan

Tess: I didn't like that.
Daniel: It was all over the place.
Mini: I agree. Absolutely hectic.
Mini: Text VOTE to 777-017 or call 777-717!
Tess: KwaDai is back!

18. KwaDai

Daniel: They're back since Quickenden '41...without a bang.
Tess: The song was alright but it's so repetitive.
Mini: I need to take some pills, I have a bit of a headache.
Daniel: It was alright, it might get one or two points from Britonisea.
Tess: Nightom might like this.
Daniel: Well, we are half way in to finding out. Call 777-718 or text VOTE 777-018.
Tess: Next up, it's Owner Osity.

19. Owner Osity

20. Adab
Daniel: Him, again...
Tess: He is getting a bit tedious.
Mini: Nevertheless, I quite liked it. It's a bit awkward but, it's nice.
Tess: I don't really have anything to say other than well done.
Mini: Call 777-720 or text VOTE 777-020!

21. Lactatia

Tess: That was just disgusting. I am so sorry to the viewers. Look how many complaints we will get!
Mini: Filthy. I will be contacting the organisers of this contest for an explanation.
Daniel: *chuckles* Call 777-721 or text VOTE to 777-021! It's Electrum, next!

22. Electrum

Tess: It was a bit boring, no?
Daniel: I like the song, Electrum but this is WorldVision...
Mini: It has to have good harmonies or upbeat music!
Daniel: It was alright, nothing special.
Tess: Please call 777-722 or text VOTE 777-022! Next it's Yttribia!

23. Yttribia

TBA

24. Arioslavia

Tess: I like his accent.
Mini: Me too. But I hate it when it changed.
Daniel: I like Arioslavia. They're cool!
Tess: I like the change!
Daniel: Yeah! Call 777-724 of text VOTE 777-024 if you want Arioslavia to win.

25. Anonymous Islands

Tess: Another silent song? What is with these people?
Daniel: They aren't going to win this year.
Mini: Grand lyrics, Grand Staging...No sound.
Tess: Call 777-725 or text VOTE to 777-025 if you like a bit of silence.
Mini: Up now, it is the host, The Sarian. Let's hope they have something good.

26. The Sarian (HOST)

Mini: I am not sure about the harp. I hated the harp in fact. But I loved the song. Really good. I was just as good as their WV41 song, and I loved that song.
Tess: A strong contender to win! I think this is the best song since Act #16! Very good. Host nations always need to give it their all when they host; that's what The Sarian did.
Daniel: Well done to them. I hope they do well tonight, I think they're tired with mediocre results. Time to get in to the top 5!
Mini: Call 777-726 or text VOTE to 777-026! Next, we have Kuala Lumpia. Another new nation to the contest. Let's see what they're all about!

27. Kuala Lumpia

Daniel: At least they're having fun with the songs. Britonisea is quite...straight forward these days. More serious. We can't send joke entries again and all of that.
Tess: I liked the song, it's funny and reaches real life issues.
Mini: Well, I think it was okay, I doubt a top 8 finish. But regardless, I would vote for it. Not as good as acts #16 or #26. Both sizes! 66-
Daniel: TO VOTE KUALA LUMPIA....call 777-727 or even text VOTE to 777-027. It's easy and cheap!

28. Bloodbath Generation

Tess: It's okay, not as good as it's previous songs. I usually like BGEN's songs.
Daniel: It's okay...Top 15 song, definitely on the left side of the scoreboard...hopefully.
Mini: That would be a shame if it wasn't like that. If they didn't achieve that.
Tess: Call 777-728 or even text VOTE to 777-028!
Daniel: It's Vettrera next, we haven't heard from them in a while. Let's see what they're up to.

29. Vettrera

Mini: Seems very upbeat. I like upbeat songs!
Tess: It was alright. It is like BGEN's song, really. Top 15 song. It's not a type of music Britonisea would send nor vote for but hopefully as could change that.
Daniel: I have to agree with both of you. Nice and upbeat but something Britonisea isn't used to.
Mini: 777-729 to call them and text VOTE to 777-029.
Daniel: Next up is Todlichebujoku!

30. Tödlichebujoku

Daniel: Okay, then. Well this is different.
Tess: Sounds so modified, I didn't like it, ToBu.
Daniel: It will do well...Todlichebujoku can send a talking rat and still win.
Mini: Ratatouille!
Tess: Yeah, well that's disgusting.
Daniel: To call for ToBu, please call 777-730 and to text, text VOTE to 777-030! Right, we have Brittanny! Let us see what they're up to!

31. Brittanny

Mini: It is a cute song!
Daniel: I liked it, personally!
Tess: Me too.
Mini: It felt as though something was missing though. Not sure what.
Tess: Well, let our viewers decide so, to call for Brittanny, it's 777-731 and if you wanna text, text VOTE to 777-031. Good luck because up next is Nekoni.
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:52 am, edited 6 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:35 pm

11. Polkopia
Oksana Babič - "Try Again"
Language: English/Polkopian
Tune: Louane - Nos Secrets

After taking first place in the previous Worldvision Song Contest, the PNB had hundreds of submissions for the Landa vu Polkopiya, but in the end, only one could win. That winner was Oksana Babič and she would fly the Polkopian flag in the Worldvision Song Contest, this time, held in The Sarian.

As the Ekozian performers took leave and the roar of the crowd died down, Oksana took her place on stage, standing in the very center, holding a microphone in its stand. She was accompanied by three backup singers, who stood on a large, black, rectangular pedestal which was slightly angled so that the singer to the left was slightly higher than the other two. Oksana wore a blue blazer, khaki pants, and a blouse underneath and her hair was tied up behind her head. The chimes of the first introductory notes kicked in, and the stage lit up, with stars illuminating the background screen in tune with the beat. Oksana closed her eyes and narrowed her brow as she sang the opening notes.

Just try again, just try again
Avairi tovo plaksa mi akha moert. (Birds who give up fall to their death)
Dorivi ne tah yota heano. (Wishing won't do you any good)

As the beat started up, Oksana opened her eyes and looked directly into the camera. In the background, distorted images of random objects seemed to appear and disappear on the background screen, and fog crept up along the stage, covering Oksana's feet and most of the pedestal in the back.

You've fallen down again.
You can always get up.
You've failed once more.
Try harder next time.

You blame everyone else.
What does that solve?
Dust yourself off and move on.
It's not the end of the world.

An explosion of different colors ranging from blues, to greens, reds, oranges, and any other color on the spectrum flooded the background screen and the fog turned a brilliant pink as the chorus started back up.

Oh oh oh oh oh...
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Just try again
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Just try again

Oksana extended her arms, and the color disappeared at once, bringing about black and white thundering clouds which loomed in the background, ominous and intimidating.

Make something with your life.
You've always dreamt it.
Make dreams a reality.
Not just empty words.

Oksana then raised her eyebrows, and in that instant, the clouds swirled together and brought about more colors, almost looking as if though chalk dust was flying in the background.

Oh oh oh oh oh...
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Just try again
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Oh oh oh oh oh...

After each line she sang now, sparklers would light up from the perimeter of the stage and continue on until the pause in the song (2:52)

See what you can make
Of that beautiful life you have.

See what you can make
Out of those empty words.

See what you can make
Of that fighting spirit.

See what you can make
It's not over yet.

Oh oh oh oh oh...
Oh oh oh oh oh...

The pause made everything dim down, but only for a second. When the pause was gone, all four sparklers rose up even higher than before and the color returned. Confetti fell from the ceiling and onto the stage and Oksana extended her arms, looked up at the falling confetti and sang the chorus. The background singers sang the "Oh oh oh's".

Oh oh oh oh oh...
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Just try again
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Oh oh oh oh oh...
Just try again

The song ended and Oksana smiled, called over her background singers and hugged one another. "Thank you!" Oksana screamed into the microphone before departing.
Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:42 pm

TRT PRESENTS: WORLDVISION 45
Your commentators for the evening are Michael del Granado and Luisa Qhaltïl.

Michael: Hello, ladies, gentlemen, sapient worms and parrots, this is World vision 45! Coming to you live from Lavington, The Sarian, we'll be seeing many different acts from a round the multiverse. Your commentators for the evening are me, Michael del Granado-

Luisa: And me, Luisa Qhaltïl. This contest, and indeed, year, makes the tenth anniversary of Talvezout competing in Worldvision. Tenth!

Michael: Heck, I remember back ten years ago when I first met my boyfriend, and when you and I became friends.

Luisa: Yep, that was the year when I got my first job, we first entered Worldvision, Queen Maryîa celebrated her 80th birthday, and Michael finally got laid.

OPENING ACT

Michael: Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that.
Luisa: I did too. Favorite part was the chanting.
Michael: If it was released as single back home, it would probably sell well. Heck, if it was a entry in this contest it would probably do well.

1 - NIGHTOM

Michael: Violins. Nice.
Luisa: Alright, the smoke machine didn't malfunction this time. Good.
Michael: It's a rather nice song though, violins and dubstep. We need more genre mixing now.

02 - MISTER X

Michael: You know what I've always wondered about?
Luisa: Hmm?
Michael: Why there's a nation called Mister X. I always wonder how that came about.
Luisa: Eh, it's certainly better then Insert Usernames Here.
Michael: True. By the way, nice song.
Luisa: Sad one. Visceral, but sad.

03 - DREAMPLANET

Luisa: That was rather different song from Dreamplanet, no?
Michael: It was meh.
Luisa: It was nice.
Michael: Still probably gonna get some good points from us though.

04 - FRENLINE DELPHA

05 - TALVEZOUT
Luisa:..... We're gonna do bad.
Michael: The performance and song didn't match up. Eurgh.
Luisa: Someone's gonna bet getting fired ager this...

06 - VENKATANARAS IMHARAJUVARIPIETA RDRASKSKA

Michael: For those of you who don't speak Venkatanarasumharajuvaripietardraskskavenkatanarasum Script-B, this nations name means "Place where the great one lies in his rest".
Luisa: I think I prefer this one over the Talvezian entry. More low key, better performance.
Michael: I hope it does well.

07 - BRITONSEA

Michael: I've been to Britonsea once, on a vacation. Nice place.
Luisa: Was that the one where you got food poisoning, or was that a different one?
Michael: Different one.
Luisa: Right, that was when we went to Jerry Republic.
[bMichael:[/b] Yep.

08 - MISSUS X

Michael: .....
Luisa: For those of you that, uh, have children, sensitive family members, small dogs, or tampons with you, please press the blue button to access a more family friendly Worldvision.
Michael: The fûck was that?

09 - MITOLAND

Luisa: This seems to be the theme of the night no? Love songs?
Michael: Eh, as long as they're good I don't think the subject matters.

10 - EKOZ

Michael: Ekoz is kinda like the perennial nation in Worldvision, aren't they? They always do good but never win.
Last edited by Talvezout on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:52 pm

12 - Normandy and Picardy
Desmat - Fly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sRQkidI7PE

After finishing 5th in Talvezout in WV44, BNRT were much relieved, believing the recovery from WV43 had only taken one edition. However, they would have to stay in the Top 10 again, and so they began in earnest their search for the next song. However, they were unable to choose from 5 of the submissions, including one from Desmat, the act that had taken them to 5th last edition. This, of cause, is testament to the amazing Normand music scene, incredibly vibrant and home to every genre of music imaginable, and more. Of cause, they couldn't send all five songs, as they knew from experience stitching together songs has never really been a good tactic in WorldVision. So, they created a new NF, Jèviñé, which would be decided using the Normand public and international jury votes. The 5 acts were presented to the public a week before the competition, and no one could wait for the NF to take place. Some had expected the same as in the last couple of editions to take place; that BNRT would suddenly council or nullify the result and send a totally different song, but this time BNRT were going to stick with the song that won. It was deadly close between Desmat and Marco Geren, both with very different songs. However, Desmat won by 4 points, aided by the International Juries on their way to the song contest.

As you'll know from last edition, Desmat are a group from Bayeux, in south-west Normandy. Since the contest, they have released a second album, entitled "Kolin Mûttekke" (The House of the Night, which climbed to number 1 in the Normand charts instantly, as well as having some success elsewhere. They have had an amazing time since returning from Talveout, with TV appearances every week, the opportunity to make new music and the lead singer, Tamar, is now a judge on the TV show "Téol" ("Star", the Normand equivalent of Britain's Got Talent), on which the group came second during its second series. However, nothing - for them - has compared since with the euphoria that came with their performance at the 44th WorldVision Song Contest, and they were even more shocked to find out how well they did. This is why they wrote "Fly", their entry for this contest. Tamar told ACTUER, the Normand news service, "I can't wait to get back onto that amazing stage, wherever it is, and just play our music like before. I had such a fun time last contest, I just can't wait for it again". This will actually be the first time an act has returned to the stage for Normandy and Picardy at WorldVision, and although everyone had expected the Subtle Swords to be the one to do it. However, they sort of have been back, with their lead singer Andrew Martin having co-written, "Fools", as well as ,"Fly".

"Fly", is a song of childhood lovers who are parting, seemingly for the last time. Although there is a lot of love between them, we learn that the man in the relationship, who in this song is represented by Tamar, is letting the love of his life go, as he doesn't feel that he can love her properly. However, other interpretations of the songs, such as this being a Father-Child link, have also been suggested. Some have even analysed the song and seen links to the Normand play, "Er Giarðon" (The Boy), the story of a foreigner in Normandy and Picardy during the 1700s who falls in love with the daughter of Guildmaster Gerad of Caen, and goes mad over her love before killing himself. Thus, one interpretation of the song is that he is letting her live her life and he is going to sacrifice himself for her. Whatever the song is about, Desmat will perform it in Lavington, and they hope that you'll enjoy it.

As the song, the lights fade on and the image on the cameras fades in slowly, almost as if a veil was being lifted of the camera, to reveal the face of Tamar, the lead singer of Desmat, as he begins to sing the chorus. The lights are lightly tinted with blue, only just noticeable, and only Tamar is lit; the rest of the stage is pitch black. Tamar almost looks shy as he begins, looking away from the camera but in that sort of way which allows him to still appear as if he is actually performing. As the verse goes on, he seems to grow in confidence and the lights, which weren't very bright at all up to this point, intensify slightly. Just before the bridge begins, the camera begins to zoom out from its view of Tamar, but he still looks into it, as if he is singing directly at someone at the other side. The background shows an old wall which is flaking away to show a clear sky behind it, and by the time the verse has ended the wall has fully gone.

I've seen
Everything we've been
I've watched you blossom
I've seen you become so much more
I know dear
My love ain't enough
So spread your wings
And fly to someone who'll love you more

As the chorus begins, the lights turn on fully and the full stage is finally visible with the rest of Desmat playing on. The background shows an origami bird, like this one, flying around; this can be assumed to be a representation of Tamar's former love flying of to find someone else. As the instrumental is about to begin, the cameras move from the view of the band, around which they have been panning, and show the bird, before fading out.

There's a world out there for you
Just forget me and go for a ride
There's nothing that you can't do
So go on and fly away from me

Woaaah
Woaaah

The camera feed switches to a camera once again showing the band, who play throughout the instrumental Tamar is quite expressive in his movements throughout this section, staggering backwards and forwards with the movement; not as if he is about to fall over, mind you, but he is just going along with the emotion and the music. The rest of the band also "sway" along to the music, if it can be called that. As the next verse begins, the lights fade again and the cameras closer to the band, and Tamar begins to sing again, carrying on with his expressive movements which help bring to life the emotions this song conveys. In the background, a sketch-like image of a hillside, like the one Tamar sings about, with a singular tree on top of it and bright, vivid greens and blues for the grass and the sky respectively.

Those nights
On that old hill with
The grass on our clothes
And love flowing in our veins
I remember
Everything clearly
You will too one day
But by then you'll be happy too

As the chorus begins again, we are reintroduced to the bird in the background we saw before, which flies around the scene behind, before flying out. The band carry on singing, and Tamar is pretty much fully immersed in the music, if a bit too much. All of this is again leading up to the chorus, and as this is the case the lights begin to intensify once more.

As the chorus ends, the lights flash one again and Tamar looks like he's about to go mad, but he is still restrained and he doesn't look totally out of place. The background seems to become a vortex through which we see the bird fly, with Tamar's face faint, but visible, at the 'bottom' of the vortex. As the second chorus bit carries on, the cameras turn back to Tamar and follow him from the outside of the stage back to the middle of the stage.

Go and carve your own memories
Make someone smile like you make me

During the bridge, the lights are dimmed and the cameras are focused on Tamar, just at the beginning, who has finally calmed down. It could almost feel as if Tamar was recording a message using an old camcorder to record a message to the girl he is talking to throughout the song. As the second half of the bridge begins, the lights begin to pulsate, becoming lighter and softer, foreshadowing the final chorus that is to come.

So many memories, so many little talks
I'll look back and be glad your gone
Because I love you, you will go
Fly away and leave me behind
I was never any good
At loving you like I should
So go on and fly

As the bridge ends, there is a short burst of pyrotechnics and the background changes to show a general night sky, with the stars - pulsating - spelling the word "Fly" faintly, as the crowds dance along, and Tamar once again dances around as he has, the cameras panning around the stage as the final chorus is sung.

Woooaah
Woooaah
Go on and fly

Make someone smile like you make me

As the song ends, the lights turn off and the stadium descends into darkness. As Tamar and the rest of Desmat leave the stage, saying "Marci Esa" and "Thank You" as they go, the lights turn back on and the preparations for the next song begin.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:34 pm

COMMENTARY on MRX ONE with Sam Smith and Robert Baxter.

Robert: Good evening, Mister X, and welcome along to the 45th WorldVision Song Contest, coming to you live from Lavington, in The Sarian. Lavington... not to be confused with "lavatory". Alongside me is Sam Smith, singer-turned-commentator. Good to have you along once again, Sam.
Sam: Oh, thanks, Robert, it's an absolute pleasure. Chris David is back on the WorldVision stage for us, but the standard of entries was so utterly dire last year that we can only hope for better this year.
Robert: I think it will be hard to not better last year's dreadful standard. We didn't do particularly well, did we?
Sam: No, we just scraped into the top ten for the fourth year in a row. Throughout the voting, it looked like it was going to be just outside, but we had a late surge in votes for a change. That never happens.
Robert: I meant to ask what that big lever arch file was...
Sam: Yeah, it's a stats file that was given to me earlier to make me look like I know what I'm talking about, even though I don't. All I do know, however, is that tonight, I will be categorising the songs into four categories. They range from super-soft to hard, passing through soft and medium. A soft, mushy song is, er, a soft, mushy song, for example. Think of it as jam, butter, bread, and knife as they get harder.
Robert: The first song tonight is the opening act - what else?

OPENING ACT

Sam: That was entered on their debut back in WV32.
Robert: Says quite a lot that I'd completely forgotten it, then.
Sam: Indeed. I didn't remember it, either. Didn't their broadcaster block out the least extreme Missus Xian entry ever that edition?
Robert: No, he had the one about being "Into You", but yes, they did block that one out. Anyway, we'll tell you how to vote as we go along. So, let's go! First up is Nightom.

01 NIGHTOM

Robert: Yet another offshoot of The Grand British Kingdom, or whatever they're called these days.
Sam: I'm going to change my name every edition and see how they like it. The song was absolutely dreadful too. Violin and dubstep really, really doesn't work.
Robert: I'm dubstep-a-phobic, so I was never going to like it. But those lyrics... come on, this is WorldVision. We're not trying to win the Nobel Peace Prize here. To vote for Nightom, dial 9 12 12 01 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 01 from a landline. By the way, you can turn over to MRX THREE and have sing-a-long lyrics appear at the bottom of the screen. You can sing along-- well, I say can, but whether you actually can do so... good luck singing along to some of the later ones...
Sam: I thought that entry was bread, and now we have Chris David for Mister X!

02 MISTER X

Robert: The feels.
Sam: Innit.
Robert: I didn't realise it had all gone so badly for him...
Sam: Me neither. Great entry and song though.
Robert: What more could you ask for?
Sam: See, look, Nightom, that is how you "break down" a song without dubstep. Not too hard, is it? That was a knife from us. I'm afraid you can't vote for Mister X.
Robert: Right, then, no time to talk, because we're about to go onto the Dreamplanet entry.

03 DREAMPLANET

Sam: Ah! No... I haven't been this disappointed since Shrek 2! That was... gah!
Robert: What?
Sam: I was loving it right up until the instrumental kicked in. Instead of bamboo flutes, the song really could have found another gear and it just didn't take off, did it?
Robert: Actually... you're right.
Sam: Because it doesn't "go off", I can't give it a knife. I just can't. I'm going to have to give it bread. And to vote for it from a mobile, dial 9 12 12 03. From a landline, dial 01721 12 12 03.

04 FRANLINE DELPHA

05 TALVEZOUT

Robert: A, erm, tribute to cheerleading there. Other than that, I thought it was rather forgettable.
Sam: The lyrics didn't really match up with the concept and the staging for me? Is it about someone looking for a long-lost cheerleader to marry? I'm confused. It's bread, anyway.
Robert: From a mobile, it's 9 12 12 05. From a landline, it's 01721 12 12 05. Next is... oh, god help us.

06 VENKATANARAS IMHARAJUVARIPIETA RDRASKSKA

Sam: I just wanted to get out and push that song along for most of it. But better than Talvezout....? I'm not sure. Bread, and it's 9 12 12 06 from a mobile and 01721 12 12 06 from a landline.
Robert: And next, it's Britonisea. At least I can get that one right.

07 BRITONISEA

Robert: Is she being stalked?
Sam: Quite possibly. Or just playing hard to get. I have to say I loved the song "going off" about a third of the way through it.
Robert: As did I. Although omnibenevolent really isn't the right word to use, otherwise she wouldn't be avoiding the man on the stage. It's only a language. Not difficult to master.
Sam: Either that or the lyricist has just started a Philosophy course. Anyway, I think it's somewhere between bread and knife, but because, unlike Dreamplanet, it did "go off", it's a knife.
Robert: To vote for Britonisea, dial 9 12 12 07 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 07 from a landline.

08 MISSUS X

Robert: Ugh. That's stuck in my head now.
Sam: Yep, me too. It's ridiculously catchy. Which I guess, er, underlines the severity of Rick's messages, getting it into people's heads--
Robert: Nice.
Sam: What?
Robert: "Getting it into people's heads." Great pun.
Sam: On wh-- ohhhhhhh. No. No pun intended.
Robert: Anyway, back to Missus X....
Sam: Erm, yeah, knife, and it's 9 12 12 08 from a mobile to vote for it or 01721 12 12 08 from a landline.

09 MITOLAND

Robert: Yet another song about love? Oh for Thatcher's sake, clearly I didn't get the memo.
Sam: Me neither. Nor did Chris. Nor did Rick Leg for that matter.
Robert: But I found it instantly forgettable. I don't think that will be bothering the top half.
Sam: Yep. Bread.
Robert: 9 12 12 09 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 09 from a landline.

10 EKOZ

Robert: Took a while to get going, but when it did, oh my...
Sam: That's really the first song that I see as a potential threat to us tonight.
Robert: Yep.
Sam: That's a knife, and it's 9 12 12 10 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 10 from a landline to vote against a Mister Xian victory. So don't.

11 POLKOPIA

Robert: Very lazy lyrically, it was about 50 words over and over again.
Sam: Yes, it was very lazy lyrically, it was about 50 words over and over again.
Robert: Very lazy lyrically, it was about 50 words over and over again.
Sam: Yes, it was very lazy lyrically, it was about 50 words over and over again.
Robert: STOP! Right.... erm, the song was otherwise OK.
Sam: Yep. Don't think they'll be ahead of us, but this is Polkopia, so they'll do well. They always do. They're always there or thereabouts, aren't they? Knife.
Robert: And it's 9 12 12 11 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 11 to vote for it.

12 NORMANDY AND PICARDY

Robert: Yet another song about love?
Sam: Love the melody though.
Robert: Yep, as do I.
Sam: But it's not the fact the lyrics are bad, which they aren't, it's just that it's yet another love entry tonight... knife. It's 9 12 12 12 from a mobile or 01721 12 12 12 from a landline to vote for them.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:05 pm

13. Gregoryisgodistan
Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrappy Smashy
“Smash The Xylocarps”
Tune: “Jingle Bells”

Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrappy Smashy steps onto the stage carrying a large gym bag filled with props. He then steps up to the microphone to give a speech before singing. “In Gregoryisgodistan, there is a certain fruity word that must not be said.” He is then interrupted by a random person in the front row of the audience who screams “COCONUT!” Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrappy Smashy shoots him and sets him on fire before continuing his speech. “Yes, the word is what that heathen said, but here in Gregoryisgodistan, we call them xylocarps. Xylocarps are evil, both the sapient and the non-sapient. We must therefore dedicate our lives to destroying them in the name of Lord Almighty Gregory.

Then he removes 300 coconuts/xylocarps from his bag along with a large hammer begins to sing while smashing them in beat with the song.

Smash the xylocarps
Smash the xylocarps
Smash the xylocarps
Smash them all to bits

Don’t ever say the word
That is a synonym
Unless you want to be all smashed up
Just like the xylocarps!

Xylocarps! Xylocarps!
Smash the xylocarps!
Oh what fun
It is to smash
Those stupid fruits to bits!

Xylocarps! Xylocarps!
Smash the xylocarps!
Oh what fun
It is to smash

Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrappy Smashy sets the smashed xylocarp/coconut pieces on fire, removes 300 more xylocarps/coconuts from his gym bag, sets them on fire, and smashes them to bits in beat with the next verse while they burn.

I like to smash those fruits
Those stupid xylocarps
We will destroy them all
And break all of their parts

The xylocarps are dumb
The sapient and non
We will blow up Xylocarpstan
And nuke them and kill them!

Xylocarps! Xylocarps!
Smash the xylocarps!
Oh what fun
It is to smash

Xylocarps! Xylocarps!
Smash the xylocarps!
Oh what fun
It is to smash

Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrappy Smashy takes 200 sapient xylocarps/coconuts which the Gregoryisgodistani Military kidnapped from Xylocarpstan/Coconutstan and sets them on fire, and they scream in pain during the final verse.

The xylocarps will burn
And then they’ll be destroyed
The heathens never learn
Their rights are null and void

Let’s hear them scream in pain
Like infidels they are
Don’t call yourselves that stupid word
That stupid fruit, you turd!

Xylocarps! Xylocarps!
Smash the xylocarps!
Oh what fun
It is to smash

Xylocarps! Xylocarps!
Smash the xylocarps!
Oh what fun
It is to smash

Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Xylocrappy Smashy shoots the sapient xylocarps one by one, and they all blow up as he shoots them to death. The blown up pieces are still on fire, causing it to spread. Then he walks off the stage leaving the janitors to clean up the xylocarp/coconut mess and put out the fire.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

EDO and Gregoryisgodistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby EDO and Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Lord Almighty Gregory and Gertrude Pullman
That's Gregory
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69O4PXzAQ5Y

Note: When the man sings, that’s Lord Almighty Gregory. When the woman or the chorus sings, that’s Gertrude.

Gertrude Pullman walks onto the stage holding a large handbag and begins to sing. Lord Almighty Gregory is nowhere to be found, yet.

0:00

(When Gertrude Pull-man sinned last time
There's one true god that'll clear your sins)

Lord Almighty Gregory walks up onto the stage and grabs Gertrude by her hand and do-si-dos her as hundreds of slaves do a line dance in the background while being watched by the Secret Police.

0:20
When sent to grammar school and you eat some gruel
That's Gregory
When your last drink is prune juice before hanging by noose
That's Gregory
Chimes will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll scream "I'm a sinner"
Bones will crush crunchy-crunchy-crunch, crunchy-crunchy-crunch
Cause of the cutter of death

Gertrude and Lord Almighty Gregory pour each other glasses of prune juice and start to toast each other, but are disturbed by one of the slaves deciding to scream “COCONUT” for no reason. Appalled that the slave would say a forbidden fruity word for no reason, Lord Almighty Gregory orders the Secret Police to execute him via the Brownie Cutter of Death. The Secret Police handcuff the slave to the stage and grab the Brownie Cutter of Death, which slices through the slave’s skin, bones, and organs, slowly slicing him into thousands of pieces as blood gushes all over the stage and the slave howls in pain, begging for death. Finally, he dies, the slicing finishes, and the happy couple continues to sing, 45 minutes after they took the Execution Break.
1:00
Don't make the enemy list he'll make sure you won’t exist
That's Gregory
When you dance with a llama or call people "sheeple"
You are dead
Having critical dreams about the state is death, seniore
Scuzza me, but not speaking English is death too
That's Gregory

Lord Almighty Gregory and Gertrude take turns burning flags of nations on the Enemy List and throwing them into the audience. When one of the audience members curses in her native tongue after being hit with a flaming flag, Gertrude removes a flamethrower from her handbag and sets the heathen on fire for cursing and speaking a foreign language. Then she starts to sing.

1:41
GERTRUDE:
Who made me V.I.P whilst I had a sore knee
That's Gregory (That's Gregory)
Who is the one true god and is in no way flawed
Chimes will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
Slaves will sing "I'm here to serve" (I'm here to- I'm here to serve)
Skin will welt whippy-whippy-whip, whippy-whippy-whip
When they misbehave (don't be naughty)

Lord Almighty Gregory hands Gertrude a Gregoryisgodistani ID card stating her official name as “Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Gertrude Pullman”, then snaps his fingers and two slaves wheel out a giant cake made entirely out of gruel, with “LAG and Gertrude #1 WorldVision” written on it in gruel dyed with pink food coloring. Lord Almighty Gregory and Gertrude feed each other the gruel like it’s a wedding cake and they’re getting married, and then dance some more, before the two of them sing in beautiful tandem the final verse.

2:18
Who destroys Iesus Christus and celebrates Gregmas
When he has valentines with his many concubines
He's in love
Our leader is so brave that he'll crush every slave
They deserved it
Scuzza me, but you see, that's our Gregory
That's Gregory, (Gregory)
That's Gregory

Gertrude throws what remains of the gruel cake on the audience, covering them in gruel, before she bows to Lord Almighty Gregory and he proceeds to carry her off the stage to thunderous applause.
Last edited by EDO and Gregoryisgodistan on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:50 pm

15. The Sword Bloke

One Hit Jimson + Marcus Melton - The Trouble With Your Bombs
Tune - Chet Faker & Marcus Marr - The Trouble With Us

Before the Swordean performance, a giant concrete Shop Owner statue was moved onto the screen. Boos were heard as this happened, due to Shop Owner bombing some arena in Talvezout in WV44, killing 7,000 people in attendance. Loud gunshot noises were then heard, as three people were shot in the stomach by a Swordean Soldier, killing them all immediately.
To avoid further booing following the postcard, the artists started straight away.

One-Hit Jimson appeared wearing a Swordean Detectove suit, with Marcus Melton in his station at the back of the stage. Four backing dancers were on stage. Dressed up as AK-47s, they were doing backflips and all that stuff to garner some more votes for he Moherland. And so the song started...

I'll wonder about your death
I wonder how it will come?
Let's go b-omb this place
Right here; right now

I'd like to make this some mess
We'll take this back to our land

More gunshot noises are heard, as the AK-47s fall to the ground.

You should be making reasons to kill us
Or your land will be gone

You got us
Doing this calmly keeping our cool
How the hell can we possibly lose?
You should be having scary nights
Because there's one thing you do not have!

A backing dancer dressed as a bomb comes on stage, and then he instantly falls off the stage, to the laughter of the audience. Jimson continues.

I look at the bombs in yo' land
Nothing good I can see
I see the borders of your place
You can't make it any safe

A curtain is revealed, with the Swordean 86 Member National Orchestra appearing, and joining in the act for the chorus.

Ooh Owner what's the Trouble With Your Bombs
You're losing, give us the win!
Ooh Owner that's the Trouble With Your Bombs
I need the trouble of war

Marcus then makes a quick move before the next verse.

MARCUS: I see no bombs in your place

Jimson then throws on a top hat for the next verse.

Maybe you're going to win
That's what you're thinking right now
But when you playing the Swordeans, in sport or war
You know that you are completely wrong

You try a think of a plan
Boy you know nothing (so) get stuffed

We're in the long period of arson attacks
So I'd really get stuffed

You got us
Doing this calmly keeping our cool
How the hell can we possibly lose?
You should be having scary nights
Because there's one thing you do not have!

I look at the bombs in yo' land
Nothing good I can see
I see the borders of your place
You can't make it any safe

A Swordean flag is raised in the air, as the chorus starts.

Marcus then makes another play before the end of the song, with the Swordean act getting a large amount of applause; the largest amount so far, in fact.

MARCUS: I see you hoping to win
I hope you know that ain't gonna happen...

One Hot Jimson then pulls two bunnies out of his top hat. The backing dancers are shot dead straightaway, as 30 other people in the crowd fall dead from poisoned salmon sold by Swordean dealers at the event (They were hired by Shop Owner to kill some more people). Roses are thrown onto the stage, as Marcus and Jimson bow.

Shop Owner can than be heard with chewing tobacco in his mouth, muttering "We need a magician in every bloody song. There ain't no f'n enjoyment anymore. Only us, Greg, Kasanova, Gertrude and Rick do good anymore. Bloody hell, man."
Last edited by The Sword Bloke on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:14 am

16. ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

Festivalis Del Memoria-Morning Light

Alya (Left), Deandra (Center), and Cornelia (Right), Members of Festivalis del Memoria

Festivalis del Memoria is a girl group founded 4 years ago, the group is composed of Alya Suhaini Karim, Deandra Rosalia Karim and Cornelia Suherman, the group is considered antimainstream at that time since they have a very different style, compared to other girl groups, since their first hit "Eternality", FDM is now a very popular girl group in Antahbrantahstan. WIth their new single albums, mini albums and full albums sold out at every music stores, either online or offline, and their albums always peaked the AMA (Antahbrantahstan Music Association) Chart, They said that their extraordinary success is because of their fans, or as they call it, Memoriars.

The band's composer, Eliana Karim, sometimes inserted a string of beautiful gibberish at the lyrics, she calls it "Esmari", she said that she loved foreign languages and are always amazed by it, she said that it's a mixture of Italian, Latin, Spanish, and made-up words. Although it's not used in this song.

Key:
Red: Deandra
Green: Alya
Blue: Cornelia
Yellow: Deandra & Alya
Magenta: Deandra & Cornelia
Cyan: Alya & Cornelia
White: All Members

The stage is dark, and we can't see anything, exceptwhat appears to be four lamp posts and the members, standing still, the instruments then start, and as the camera zooms in, a spotlight shines above Deandra, who is wearing a sleeved, simple white dress, white feather headbands, black shoes, black "not-transparent" stocking, and a butterfly necklace. The LED screens are covered with a gate, She has a pretty sad expression, and she sings with a saddened tone.
"
The morning light
Soft and gentle it touches my cheek
That makes me wake up to enjoy this
Beautiful sunny day
I loved it back then
I wish i can experience
It again, at this time
But now, i can't even see the world

After Deandra sings, the camera zooms back a little and spotlights shine above Alya & Cornelia, also wearing the same attire like Deandra, except that Alya wore flower necklace and Cornelia wore bee necklace. The stage brightens a bit and the lamp posts turns on, although the LED screens are still covered by a gate. They also have a sad expression, although Cornelia's expression is more sad than the others.

"
But sadly now
I can’t feel your soft, shining ray
And your warmness is now just
A weird feeling on my own skin

Now I can only feel
Million needles piercing me
And also feeling of knives
Slicing my own rough skin (own rough skin)
Sometimes I just wish to fade away
But you gave me the strength to be
alive

The camera then pans above them, after that, the camera goes below them and shoots them from the left side, slowly going to the center as the song progresses.
"
The morning light
(The morning light)
I had a beautiful dream two nights ago
I saw rivers made of milk, honey, and water
Is that a
Sign for me
That I will fade

and fly
away

The gate covering the LED screen then opens, and the stage fills with angelic white light, the LED screen itself, shows a white-colored city, the skies are white and the buildings are also colored white. Their emotions began to show, with themselves singing powerfully.
"
It's time for me to go

Fade away
And then I’ll fly to heaven's skies
(Heaven's skies)
I just want to see
Beautiful rivers
In the clouds made of
Water, milk, honey

All of them then sang powerfully, sometimes one of them have higher voice than the others, and sometimes one of them have lower voice than the others, still, their facial expression is full of emotions and their gestures indicates that they feel sad.
"
That’s what mother (That’s what my mother)
Said to me
About a world above our world
That she call’d it
The field of dreams
I can’t wait to see
My mother in heaven

The camera then zooms in on Alya, she began to sing a line, and after she finishes singing, her expressions and gestures indicate that she wanted to tell the audience something, but then she decides not to.
"
It's time for me to go...

The camera then zooms back, and Deandra now sings with gentleness, the others are still silent, but they still have some sadness in their facial expressions.
"
The morning light
So soft and gentle it touches my cheek
I’m now flying in the sky

As the instrumentals continue a bit, the audience then gives a huge applause to them, after the instrumentals finished, they bow to the audience and say, "Thank you, everyone!, Thank you, The Sarian!" and as the stage darkens, they go backstage as the stage is prepared for Oisinistan's performance.
Last edited by Antahbrantahstan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:09 pm

17-
Nation: Oisinistan
Artists: Al Kohl and The Gingerbread Men ft The Ballyacklee Children's Choir
Song Title: I Love You (But Not As Much As I Love Porridge)
Writer: Al Kohl
Real Songs Used:
1. Glenn Frey- Lover's Moon (For Al's part)
2. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis- Downtown(For The Gingerbread Men's part)
3. Glenn Frey- Lover's Moon (For Al's second part)
4. Lionel Bart- Food Glorious Food (for the Ballyacklee Children's Choir's part)

Al walks on stage and sits down on a stool. He begins to strum his guitar, to the tune of Glenn Frey- Lovers Moon. A string sound effect can be heard.

A burst of light appears behind the screen, Al continues to play, but the string sound effect ceases as he begins to sing. His words are passionate.
Now my dear, I'm here to make it clear to you,
That I love you oh so dearly,
You're worth almost everything to me, yes it's true,
And you aren't just another girl, merely,
I promise to be your man forever,
And put in time any other man devotes,
I'll stay with you- will I leave you? Never,

A trumpet sound effect occurs. All the music cuts as Al sings his next line.
As long as you give me those porridge oats!

Suddenly, Rick, Shred and Bailey from The Gingerbread Men come out wearing tuxedos. 3 gymnasts come across the stage doing cartwheels. The music changes to the beat of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis- Downtown. Rick begins to rap.

Yo, guys, I'm Rick, and I won't argue,
But a hot bowl of porridge is good for you,
Get a bowl of porridge and eat it up,
Eat it in a bowl, a mug, a cup!

Bailey takes the mic.

Rick's lines are cheesy, but let's get down,
To the sound of the Gingerbread Men now,
We're rappin 'bout porridge, but don't get me wrong,
The Oisinistani Board for The Sale Of Porridge is not in any way sponsoring or helping us with the Worldvision or this song!

Shred grabs the mic

Bailey, you dropped the flow, it's gone!
Just cos your last line was way too long!
But back to the subject, back to the song,
Thought you knew about girls? Well you knew wrong,
To know if this one's a keeper,
You gotta test it out, by trying to feed her,
A bowl of porridge, and if she completes it, you're
Sure now that you should be keepin her,
Now for another 50 or so-

Al grabs back the mic again, as the beat changes back into that of Glenn Frey- Lover's Moon. The Gingerbread Men sing an accompaniment to this, which is just the last word of it, in a melodic key.

So all that I'm trying to say,
Is never take my oats away,
I'll be your man, I won't be mean or cruel,
I'll do anything that you want,
I'll take you shopping twice a month,
If you just give me that delicious-

A choir of angelic children, the Ballyacklee Children's Choir, appear on stage and start singing. For the fifth line, all the children make funny faces.
Gruel, glorious gruel!
Dished out by the bucket,
We'll eat every scrap,
Oh porridge, we love it!
'Oh, I don't like porridge. BLEUCH'
Stop acting the fool!
Eat gruel! Wonderful gruel! Delicious gruel! Fantastic gruel! Fabulous gruel!
Glorious.....

A drumroll is played. The drumroll stops and the music plays loud, passionate and triumphant. Al, the Gingerbread Men and the Choir sing the last word together.

GRUEL!!!!!!!!!

During this last word, acrobats, tightrope walkers, clowns, and scantily-clad young women in aprons with 'Keeper of the Porridge' written on them, come on stage. The video of a firework shooting into the sky is played. Then, with one last blast of brass, the light goes dark.
Last edited by OIsINiSTAn on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:51 pm

Worldvision 45, MondeVis 45, Velmendént 45

WorldVision Coverage with| Réporége pau MondeVis avé|Faþalträssvé Velmendéntøn Tañi Michejo Jartu

Hello, and Welcome to the 45th WorldVision Song Contest, live from Lavington, The Sarian. You know, I'm glad The Sarian won, because otherwise it would have been really awkward, especially with us and Mister X having differing views on a number of different issues I won't elaborate on, despite the fact they've calmed down recently. But, I digress. Welcome to this, the world's largest music contest, in its 45th edition (Can you believe it?), and our 12th entry! Will we win this time? Probably not, our song is okay at best. But, who knows? Just to let you know, this is going to be a very truthful commentary, but don't mistake some of my comments for apathy; I love this annoying freak show of a contest. So, the opening is about to begin. Let's get watching!

Opening Act
It's nice to see a lovely video that they have put together for us to start a night, let's hope its a sign of things to come. However, the opening was passable at best, and nowhere near the masterpiece that was last editions. I mean it's inspirational and has a good rhythm, but there have also been better openings. Also, its nice to see the fans representing the countries, a good edition from the organising committee. But, I'm certain that song has been used before... beside from that, it's an agreeable opening to what I imagine we all hope will be a wonderful contest. The first entry is Nightom, who are about to perform now.

1. Nightom
I can't keep track of all these Britonish acts, and after this first one I can tell you I won't bother either, as I didn't care much for this. They're trying the same thing Izmedu did a few editions ago; the difference is that Izmedu's was good and it won, whereas this doesn't have a chance in hell, or anywhere else for that matter. Expect this to languish at the bottom of the table.

2. Mister X
Two songs in and I'm already losing the will to live. The song is dreary and boring at best, sleep-inducing at worst, and the lyrics become absolute drivel as the song goes on. I wonder if MRX put everything into their host bid, leaving this as the best they could send. That, or they're as apathetic as they're making they me sound. Let's hope something is better next.

3. Dreamplanet
What is this? Dreamplanet have learnt staging? Hooray! Finally, they seem to have listened to the rest of the multiverse. And it helps compliment the first song I have liked tonight, and after the previous two this seems like a contender. Sure, the lyrics are a bit weak at times, but this is a good entry and I can see this doing well. It seems they did well to take a break, because they have come back strongly.

4. Frenline Delpha

5. Talvezout
Now, this is my type of music. And I msut say Talvezout have sent another brilliant entry. However, judging by the overly harsh reaction to it this won't do well. If I was back home, I would be voting for this like mad. And actually, I don't mind the whole cheerleading thing, which actually seems to work somewhat for me; maybe its the Normand Literature and Theatre degree I did.

6. Venkatanaras Imharajuvaripieta Rdraskska
Don't ask me to pronounce their name, ever. However, I feel sorry for our spokesperson who will almost certainly be giving votes to these lot, with there really good entry. I finally think I've recovered from the disaster that was the first two entries, and I feel like a new person because of it. Its dreamy and I love it.

7. Britonisea
Welcome to "Britonisea teaches you words, but not necessarily in the correct context", and may I say how much I didn't like today's show. Sorry, but I just don't get the song. I imagine it will do well, but it really isn't for me. It turns out we may have just left the oasis of good entries and returned to the dry, inhospitable desert.

8. Missus X
What even...what was that? However, no matter how much is saddens me to say this it is one of my favourite songs so far. I don't know whether to laugh or to curl up into a ball and cry...what sort of reaction can you possibly even have for this? Oh Missus X, you never seem to amaze me.

9. Mitoland
This is an inoffensive pop-ballad-esque song, exactly the type that doesn't normally appeal to me. This is nice enough, but is by no means a winner, and actually it sounds a little dated, and not in a good way either. There have been worse entries tonight, but there have been, and certainly will be, better.

10. Ekoz
I'm not sure about this. I can imagine Ekoz could win with this considering the songs we've had tonight so far, but it isn't my favourite. Its pleasant enough, and it's obvious a lot of work went into this entry, but there's something that doesn't quite work in my opinion. Don't be surprised to see this do well, however.

11. Polkopia
It's been a long while since I've truly loved a Polkopian song; I think WV39 is the last one I liked. You won't be surprised to learn I didn't like this. Don't expect this little, compact and mind-numbingly repetitive entry to be outside the Top 10 because it's Polkopia, and not because the song deserves it.

12. Normandy and Picardy
An odd theme based around flight seems to have built up tonight, with the occasional lyric and bits of staging, but we seem to have gone all out on that theme and produced what is a half-decent attempt. This does seem to be an incredibly poor edition so far so we may have a shot at the podium places, but who knows?

13. Gregoryisgodistan
Why do they even bother? No one really cares anymore and yet the so-called god 'Gregory' is as crazy as ever. I don't know why I even bother with wasting my breath commentating on something like this. Next up its...oh my lord, its Greg and his new best friend, Gertrude Pullman.

What did I do to be forced to watch this? As if Gregory wasn't bad enough, now he's got a crazy old hag to help him in the form of Gertrude Pullman. The tune of the song, however, was nice. But, once again I'm wasting my breath. We'll move swiftly on.

15. The Sword Bloke

16. Antahbrantahstan
I liked the little tune these lot sent last time. This time however... let's just say it's a whole different story. I don't whether to go into some sort of weird trance or whether to run for my life from what seemed like some sort of ritual, all hidden behind their charming faces and inoffensive lyrics. Whatever, its alright, but not brilliant.

17. Oisinistan
Well, at least they've got some music this time. However, it is all over the place, and was never really coherent. I was at home, I would've just returned to my living room after having a toilet break or getting a cup of tea. The lyrics and the staging... I don't even know what was going off. We've had enough of gruel already tonight!

18. Kwadai
Kwadai seem to be trying to 'improve', if that's the right term, on Polkopia's repetition, and the result is, unsurprisingly, an even more boring song. Really, the song is nothing to right home about, the lyrics even less so. I'm still looking for that "wow" entry, but it doesn't want to materialise.

19. Owner-osity

20. Adab
I like this. I've liked Adab's last two entries which are markedly different to this, but I like this just as much. Sadly, I don't see this doing well but its a nice bit of fresh air in what has been a decidedly downbeat and, really, a quite dreadful contest. I can't remember when it was this bad... But, this is a good entry.

21. Lactatia
... What is this pile of utter rubbish? I have the words to describe this, but I can't use them on TV, or anywhere really. I'm sure whatever the singer's name is wouldn't have been out of place in Rick's performance earlier. The difference is, though, that whilst Missus X's entry still had a tiny shred of a song in it, I don't think this has ever seen music. That's the only time I'll ever defend a Missus Xian entry; I think that alone shows you how bad this was.

22. Electrum
The music was alright, but not my style. But, its a decent entry, better than many tonight, although the quality hasn't been that great so far. Yet, fter that last...whatever that was, this seems like a masterpiece. But, the theme of the songs, just like its title, is very clichéd. However, its admissible considering the amount of love songs we've had tonight.

23. Yttribia

24. Arioslavia
And Arioslavia are finally back! I loved this, with the fusion of two vastly different styles to give us this. However, I imagine this won't do well with the WorldVision community, and thus it won't do well. Now that I come to think of it, something didn't seem right but I don't know what.

25. Anonymous Islands
Darling, I wish you'd stayed anonymous; how many times do we have to tell people a capella doesn't work? These notes mention basslines and electronic sounds, but unless I'm deaf,I don't know what they're on about. Unless, of course, we're meant to imagine the sound...

26. The Sarian
Considering the standard of this contest, this anthemic boomer of a song could easily win, or at least be Top 5, and is very evocative of the sort of act Izmedu have sent in the past. However, for me personally there's something not right. But, I won't be annoyed if this wins.

27. Kuala Lumpia

28. Bloodbath Generation
Wow! I think this may be our winner tonight, at the moment by miles. The lyrics perhaps were a little drab, but overall it was simply stunning; it sounds modern, the singer is brilliant and is just, in general, a great entry. I'm not normally into these sorts of ballads, but this has something about it which makes it stand out, especially amongst the rubbish we've had to endure tonight. We may have a winner on our hands.

29. Vettrera

30. Todlichebujoku
I was hoping Todlichbujoku would send a good act, because when Todlichebujoku brings a good song it is really good, and it would have helped me forget earlier on in the show. However, I have no other way to say this over than this is a pile of utter %!&! That's the problem with Todlichebujoku; their good songs are very good, but their bad songs are very bad. I would be surprised if this got above 20th place, and that is my honest opinion; however, they will do better than that simply because it's Todlichebujoku.

31. Brittanny
I never thought I would say this sentence, but after Todlichebujoku this is a godsend. Yes, it most likely won't do well; it's not the right style for WorldVision, but I certainly enjoyed it; it's a little breath of fresh air, and was fairly enjoyable. There isn't much to say beyond that.

32. Nekoni
I feel like I've seen this before. Oh wait, it's because I have seen it before. The lyrics and the overall message of the song are so cliché simply saying it's cliché is becoming cliché in and of itself. I mean, the music was alright, and the guy singing seems like a nice guy. Expect this to possibly reach the Top 15,but not much higher.

33. Ethane

34. Porterno

35. Kasanova-Korotica
Well then... I have no words for this... Probably for the best as well, because I don't think I could say anything about this without losing my job. Let's just pretend that this never happened.

36. Izmedu
Trust Izmedu to come along at the last minute with a decent entrant. I only say decent, mind you. The strong point is the music, asit has always been. But, if there is one thing I don't like about the song it is the lyrics; they are good, don't get me wrong, but nearly every single Izmeduan entry is the same. That doesn't take away from the quality of the song. In fact, this could win.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:17 am, edited 13 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:13 pm

KWADAI WORLDVISION 41

May Ohayon

Artist: May Ohayon
Title: Can We Go To The Stars Now?
Melody: Taylor Swift - Out Of The Woods

Kwadai returns after a break since WorldVision 41, this time with a representative of the country's Jewish community. Her name is May Ohayon and she will be performing "Can We Go To The Stars Now?"

The stage turns silent, with Kwadaian flags waving silently in the crowd. Suddenly a bright explosion of light appears, clearing to reveal a dark forest illuminated by the moonlight. The music begins and May can be seen lying motionless, sprawled in a white dress on the stage floor, designed to reflect her lyrics, by becoming the floor of a forest. Her hair shines with a mystical glow.

There was once a time
When I told all my secrets
On that cold forest floor
I remember
We stared up to the universe
But never understood...
Why it looked so close, yet so far
And here's us down on ol' earth
And I thought of your promise...
Can we go to the stars now?
Can we go to the stars?
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
Ready when you are
Can we go to the stars?
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
Ready when you are

The scene changes to show a vast night sky of constellations and planets. May is lifted up by dancers who due to their costumes are hardly visible, making it appear as if the young woman is floating.

Thinking of it now
The cold, mysterious night
Watching them so silently
Like some euphoric dream
The night we loved so dearly
All its memories
And we said
We'd watch each other eternally
Like two gods in the heavens
Just us up there breathing, breathing, breathing..
And I remember wishing...
Can we go to the stars?
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
Ready when you are
Can we go to the stars?
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
Ready when you are

Now, the Kwadaian singer is carried to the front of the stage, still as if she is floating and continues her song.

Then as I reflect, the clouds came through
The tension of the everlasting mist
Then the darkness came washing over
Along with silence too
But then the storm was surpassed
I was staring up too
I thought it was just that dream
I looked up though, to set us free
Now the clouds had past
You were staring up too...
You were staring up too. Oh
You were staring up too...
Can we go to the stars?

I remember.
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
Ready when you are

Oh, I remember.

Can we go to the stars?
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
Ready when you are
Can we go to the stars?
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
I'm ready when you are
Let's go now!
Last edited by Kwadai on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Owner-osity
Secretary

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Owner-osity » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:08 pm

19. Owner-osity
owner01band - Born To Die
Tune: Redlight King - Born To Rise

the band owner01band are composed of longtime best friends in lead singer and electric guitarist Oh, drummer Na, bass player Rul and keyboard player Ah. They originally made a band called OhNaRulAh, but they changed the band name to owner01band so that they sounded half decent. They were chosen to participate in WorldVision 45 with Owner-osity. After their original song plans were destroyed, they made this song.

By either side of Oh are his backing dancers, 2 men who are 6'11 and 270 lb. They are wearing gridiron helmets with a chefs hat on top, they have ripped guns with tattoos of the Owner on them, and they are completely naked, with a machete covering their privates.

The song starts, with the two men shooting the ground.

You were Born to Die...
You were Born to Die...

What do you know about yourself when you commit a crime?
That your death will be nearby
You remain in a state of waiting for the moment
Where you'll forget all about what's happened

You'll be a criminal forever, there's no second life for you
And on and on you wait because the moment is tonight!

Two people are then randomly hit by missiles that came into the outdoor arena, killing them, and the chorus starts.

You are the ones who were Born to Die!
You should know that on the inside!
Your fanily, well we'll kill them too
They'll be quite lonely otherwise without you
We are the ones who will Bring the Pain!
Your appeals are like Nick Young making it rain!
When you're dying, there's nobody stoppin' us
Shop Owner will make sure you get on the bus

As the Nick Young line is mentioned, video of Nick Young attempting a three point shot against New York when he celebrates early, only to find out that the shot was a miss. A video is then showed of Shaquille O'Neal laughing at the attempt.

Do you like it when I compare you to Nelson Muntz
If it doesn't hurt, then you're mental
It's like a school shooting, in Rupp Arena
'Cos Ohio State are beast!

The backing dancers, who have been doing stuff hot men do the whole dance, then get an Ohio State football each, which they throw into the crowd to two lucky fans.

You'll be a criminal forever, there's no second life for you
And on and on you wait because the moment is tonight!

The naked men are then thrown some speedos to wear, as they shoot the machete. A fan attempts to catch the bullet, but gets shot in the head, his dead body falling on that of a 10 year old boy, who is also killed.

You Were Born To Die!
And don't think of stoppin' us, no stopping us!
Born To Die!
'Cos there ain't no stopping us, no stoppin' us!

Fireworks are let off inside the arena for the chorus, with the crowd singing along to the chorus, as well as cheering very loudly.

Born To Die!
Born To Die!

Born To Die!
Born To Die!

And with that the song ends. The fireworks continue as the backing dancers run off the stage to roses being thrown onstage. They throw everything off bar their Denver Broncos helmets into the crowd, as Denver has apparently won the a Super Bowl (We don't broadcast that stuff over here). Using their machetes to cover their privates, the backing dancers join owner01band to bow, and yell out, "Ownerism!", before leaving the stage. People clap, cheer and yell "Encore" for about 5 minutes, delaying the next song.
Last edited by Owner-osity on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**THE SWORDEAN TERRITORY OF OWNER-OSITY**

Please send all telegrams intended to this nation to The Sword Bloke.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates