NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy - (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Fulgen
Secretary

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Mana Academy - (IC)

Postby Fulgen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Mana Academy
IC Number 1

link to the OOC

August 7th - First Day of School

The sun pulsed and glared invitingly amongst a cloud-filled sky, and the small, green island on Lake Superior was filled with peels of laughter, discussion, and joy. The light gray stone roads leading up to the doors of Mana Academy were filled with students both new and old, as was the green courtyard, perfectly cut and primed for display. Today wasn't an average day at the academy: no classes were being taught, and no students hustled to and fro in groups, reading a book diligently or discussing their classes of the day. Today was different. Today was day number one.

Few in the crowd wore anything more than modern clothing, as to avoid detection. Only a select few were wearing robes of the house they had been sorted to the past years, or their family's traditional wizarding robes. But every first-year, regardless of age, was dressed in simple shirts, jeans, and sneakers, or something similar. They had yet to be sorted into their house, and could only speculate and hope for the house they desired.

Lio Talway had arrived at Mana Academy 10 minutes prior to this moment, and currently walked alone through the courtyard. With a grin plastered across his face, he observed the sights, sounds, and smells before him. To him, there was music in the air, something he could feel. Had he been assigned his dorm room already, he might have begun a painting to express his feelings right then and there. But all he had done was arrive, and the various suitcases he had were being carried or were strapped behind his back.

He continued to admire the scenery, taking it all in. A couple of girls walked past him and waved invitingly. Lio waved back, and continued walking. He had been dreaming of this place for years, and so far it was exactly what he had dreamed of. His brisk pace faltered as he approached the massive stone fountain, ornate and ancient in its design. It spit forward clear water in a crisp and elaborate flow, and filled Lio with a sense of contentment. Snapping his fingers in realization, he surged his hands and thoughts forward, creating a small seat of faintly glowing air inside the fountain. To the average passerby, it appear as though an invisible force that looked like a small seat was forcing water to move around it. Dropping his bags, Lio hopped inside the fountain's base, and kicked his legs back, resting against the sturdy mast. He sighed contently.

"This is gonna be great."
//////THE CONTROL//////

The Dystopian Isles of Frisct
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dystopian Isles of Frisct » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Jack had just been hired this year as he had finally gotten a teaching license. He walked through the gates and into the familiar courtyard, breathing in the fresh air as he did so. He had no briefcase, nor did he have anything on hand besides his clothes. He looked around at the nostalgic scenery with his purple eyes. They hadn't always been that color, but since he had been involved with certain things, they changed with his magic, taking on a new appearance entirely along with the rest of his body and clothes. He was dressed in a suit that was various hues of purple along with a long cloak that was a deep velvet color. He walked to the front of the doors, taking in everything that he had missed about the school and even things that had changed as he greeted all of the students, whether they be old or new to Mana Academy.

He didn't look like his age at all. In fact, he looked to be about the same age as most of the students that were attending the school since it hadn't been too long since he himself had graduated. As he passed the fountain, he noticed the boy that was floating at the base of it and greeted him as well. "Good morning to you student, I hope you have a great time here at Mana Academy." He then said this in a hushed tone, down to where only the boy could hear him. "I suggest not doing that for very long, as you may or may not get in trouble with the staff and supervisors of the school, trust me, I've been in that boat before." This wasn't said in anything like a threatening manner or to make him have any less fun than he was having. It was just a piece of genuine advice by one of his soon to be teachers.

He then walked into the school, pacing through the hallways that he had seen so much of only a few years earlier. He had missed this place even with the reminders of how hard the curriculum was or what he had to go through to graduate in the way he had. He noticed his classroom that he would be teaching from and decided to head on inside, starting on his lesson plans when he was settled down and comfy.

Company Paradis
Envoy

Founded: Aug 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Company Paradis » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Marty had arrived at the academy a few hours before it opened to students, as he usually did. He spent his early hours of the day in the academy garden where he took stock of how well the plants were doing. During the school break, he had only come to check on the plants a few times, unlike every day when school was in session. The staff had done an ok job caring for the plants, but there was definitely some mistakes done. Everyone can't be an expert botanist I guess, Marty thought to himself as he walked back to his main classroom.

Walking through the halls, Marty looked around and recognized nothing noticeable had changed since last year. It brought back some memories of his first year teaching. Of course, there were some things he could have done better, looking back it, but he felt that his students had actually learned something useful. That was the only reason he started teaching at Mana Academy in the first place.

Marty arrived at the classroom where most of his instruction would take place. He walked in, took off his dark green cloak that he had on, and prepared for his first class. Marty was excited to get the day started. He found out last year that he actually enjoyed teaching and even more, he enjoyed conversing with other teachers. During his life outside of high school, he had only talked to people who were in the same field as him. He found it enlightening learning about different subjects. He almost thought he was a student sometimes talking to the different teachers.

After Marty set up everything for the next day, he went out to the courtyard to greet students and teachers alike.
Last edited by Company Paradis on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redern
Attaché

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Redern » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Akio felt like he was going mad. So many people everywhere, chatting and going to there own destinations. It just felt crazy, in a good sort of way. He looked around staring at each of the beautifully designed robes. If he was Ignis he could be a portable oven, if he was Aquo his robe would look really flipping cool, and if he was Venta he could do whatever the heck he wanted. Akio couldn't wait for the house ceremonies, he couldn't wait for there fancy magic ovens, he couldn't wait for the dorms, really the only thing he could wait for was class. He walked around with his small leather sandals, khaki shorts, a backpack, and his T-Shirt of Sukiyabashi Jiro. Akio had lived in Hokkaido and embraced the supposedly warmer American climate. He grew up on stories of the American surfer dude and had made the unfortunate plan to dress like one, expecting all Americans to look that way. Akio felt like he was freezing to death.

He walked quickly to the dorms in a desperate search for warmth but made sure to give a huge smile and wave to everyone he saw. Despite the fact that he had been freezing to death, he had gotten heavily distracted. By the time he had actually gotten to the dorms he had rushed off to look at a moose, a group of beavers, and chased a red squirrel around campus. The dorms seemed less fancy than the main building, but he wasn't too sad by that. Akio walked into the main building and embraced the warmth. Noticing all the people walking by he took off his backpack and opened it. He began lounging in the main hall, giving out some small donut hole like desserts called Sata Andagi. Akio decided to give the sweets out to whomever wanted it, taking the opportunity to talk to whomever appeared.
If anyone really cares:
Hello, I am a hyper-sexual bisexual somewhat on the feminine side male. I enjoy activities such as fencing, playing video games, watching political debates, and movies. If you want to be homophobic, racist, sexist or a donkey-hole in any other way, good for you talking about you beliefs. I still don't like you, but good for you.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dystopian Isles of Frisct » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 am

Jack soon realized that there wasn't much planning that had needed to be done, as his class was almost entirely learning about combat and how to use magic for offensive purposes. He left his room and walked around the halls a bit, reminiscing at the things he hadn't seen for such a long time. There really was nothing quite like this place, and he felt much more at home here than he did anywhere else, which is probably why he felt the urge to return as a teacher.

He soon walked into the main lobby, and spotted the boy handing out some strange sweets. At first glance he looked like some random person that had not studied the culture of America correctly, but he also looked quite foreign to everything here so it wasn't a big deal. He walked up to the boy and began to talk with him. "Hello there, are you a new student here?" Jack himself didn't look to be any older than most of the students that were attending the school, but he was quite a bit more mature than what he looked. The sleeves on his velvet cloak were longer than his arms were, making him seem just a little bit child-like. He had silvery hair and deep purple eyes that were calculative and analytical.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Henry Von Kressel

As always,I was late. My parents refused to take me to the Academy,as this was a tradition followed by family mages that got in the Academy "to show our pride". They accepted the fact that I was going to the Academy,but did not endorse it. But as always,Sarah made me feel calm,and took me near to the academy.

She and Vladimir were different of the rest of the family. Even the way the looked at the people was different: it wasn't accusing,it was an affective,caring way. Just like she was looking me. She wished me good luck and good strength,just like she always did in every day. I received a long,dark red cloak with the family's symbol to use in that time of the year. If wasn't a gift from the two people that watched me for a long time in my life,I would not have used it.

And so I entered the main building of the school,to find myself completely lost in such a big place. Some members of my family had mansions,but nothing compared to that. And so I saw a man with silvery hair,talking to one of the students. Maybe he could give me some information,but this would mean that he would discover about my family. I'm already hating this cloak.

And so I approached him,one step at a time.

"Sir,excuse me,but can you tell me where the dorms are?"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dystopian Isles of Frisct » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Henry Von Kressel

As always,I was late. My parents refused to take me to the Academy,as this was a tradition followed by family mages that got in the Academy "to show our pride". They accepted the fact that I was going to the Academy,but did not endorse it. But as always,Sarah made me feel calm,and took me near to the academy.

She and Vladimir were different of the rest of the family. Even the way the looked at the people was different: it wasn't accusing,it was an affective,caring way. Just like she was looking me. She wished me good luck and good strength,just like she always did in every day. I received a long,dark red cloak with the family's symbol to use in that time of the year. If wasn't a gift from the two people that watched me for a long time in my life,I would not have used it.

And so I entered the main building of the school,to find myself completely lost in such a big place. Some members of my family had mansions,but nothing compared to that. And so I saw a man with silvery hair,talking to one of the students. Maybe he could give me some information,but this would mean that he would discover about my family. I'm already hating this cloak.

He turned around quite exaggeratedly, his knees bending and one of his arms raised slightly above the other. He looked at him with deep purple eye, taking in the student. He had remembered when he was in the same exact situation that this boy was in. He didn't want any of the new students to not know where they were going, so he would help everyone he could that asked him anything.

"Oh, a new face we have here! Just follow this sprite and you will reach the dorm hallway. If you have any questions about something, come and find me at the combat room."

A small ball of what appeared to be bright purple flames appeared in his hand, and then floated into the air. It whizzed around the students head for a few seconds, and then slowly took off down one of that hallways, making sure that it stayed within eyesight of him.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:58 pm

The Dystopian Isles of Frisct wrote:

He turned around quite exaggeratedly, his knees bending and one of his arms raised slightly above the other. He looked at him with deep purple eye, taking in the student. He had remembered when he was in the same exact situation that this boy was in. He didn't want any of the new students to not know where they were going, so he would help everyone he could that asked him anything.

"Oh, a new face we have here! Just follow this sprite and you will reach the dorm hallway. If you have any questions about something, come and find me at the combat room."

A small ball of what appeared to be bright purple flames appeared in his hand, and then floated into the air. It whizzed around the students head for a few seconds, and then slowly took off down one of that hallways, making sure that it stayed within eyesight of him.

Henry Von Kressel

A teacher that helps,and without asking of which branch of the family I am? Not a single question about my father,and sending regards? This place must be hell disguised of heaven,or I'm dreaming.

And so I left,following the sprite through the corridors and stairs of the large academy,until finding my dorm. I left my bag on a bed,placing my many books around,and picking one to read while in the peaceful gardens. "Dragon's Firebreathing: A Study on the Ancient Art of Breathing Fire,by Vladimir Von Kressel". It was a book that one of my family teachers made,an advance on the camp,and always helped me while training.

I took the book,passing through the main building,thanking the man that showed me the way,and proceeded to the garden,sitting myself in the grass and laying my back in a tree,to start my reading and studying of the subject.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dystopian Isles of Frisct » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Henry Von Kressel

A teacher that helps,and without asking of which branch of the family I am? Not a single question about my father,and sending regards? This place must be hell disguised of heaven,or I'm dreaming.

And so I left,following the sprite through the corridors and stairs of the large academy,until finding my dorm. I left my bag on a bed,placing my many books around,and picking one to read while in the peaceful gardens. "Dragon's Firebreathing: A Study on the Ancient Art of Breathing Fire,by Vladimir Von Kressel". It was a book that one of my family teachers made,an advance on the camp,and always helped me while training.

I took the book,passing through the main building,thanking the man that showed me the way,and proceeded to the garden,sitting myself in the grass and laying my back in a tree,to start my reading and studying of the subject.

Jack waved to the student as he left and then turned back to the entrance, waiting for any new faces that may come through those doors. He had been through them numerous times, and was most certainly proud of all the hard work he had put into his school career. He did put a whole lot of work in, but there was something else he had worked on while he was enrolled there that wouldn't be so accepted by today's society of magicians. He would only every let it come to lit should the proper situation arise, and even then there were only a select few instances in which it might be okay to use it. Although he knew this, he wasn't going to take any chances with it for now as it was far too dangerous for any people that would be nearby.

As he stood there and waited he began to play around with his lightning magic, which was quite different from others to say the least. It acted like a ball of fire in physical appearance only, but in everything else it did it appeared as lightning. He was the only magician able to pull of something like that, and quite frankly he liked that. He felt like giving the new students that came through the door a surprise, so he continued to use magic in a safe way while they filed in through the doors.

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:29 pm

As Aria walked through the gates, she felt a strange sense of nostalgia. It had been a long time, it seemed, since she had been in the family manor on the seaside. The well kept courtyard, the blue water, and the crisp cool air already felt like home to her. A new country, new people and the prospect of new secrets to be unearthed made Aria extremely optimistic about her tenure at Mana Academy. She had heard a great deal of stories from her brother. It would be great, he had said. No having to worry about letting go, and embracing our abilities as we learned about the world around us. Reading I, Claudius as she walked, she kept thinking about how grand the Academy's library must be, and how many more great works she would find there.

No time for that. Focus. Get to the Dormitories first, then we can continue our studies. Maybe there will be someone to show me the way...There! she thought as she saw a man holding a purple fireball. He must be a magician! she thought to herself excitedly.

Walking quickly to where the man stood, Aria rather formally asked, "Good day sir. Would you happen to know where I might find the school dormitories? Unfortunately, I am only a first year, and I am not familiar with the layout of the buildings."

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dystopian Isles of Frisct » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:39 pm

Rhomaia wrote:As Aria walked through the gates, she felt a strange sense of nostalgia. It had been a long time, it seemed, since she had been in the family manor on the seaside. The well kept courtyard, the blue water, and the crisp cool air already felt like home to her. A new country, new people and the prospect of new secrets to be unearthed made Aria extremely optimistic about her tenure at Mana Academy. She had heard a great deal of stories from her brother. It would be great, he had said. No having to worry about letting go, and embracing our abilities as we learned about the world around us. Reading I, Claudius as she walked, she kept thinking about how grand the Academy's library must be, and how many more great works she would find there.

No time for that. Focus. Get to the Dormitories first, then we can continue our studies. Maybe there will be someone to show me the way...There! she thought as she saw a man holding a purple fireball. He must be a magician! she thought to herself excitedly.

Walking quickly to where the man stood, Aria rather formally asked, "Good day sir. Would you happen to know where I might find the school dormitories? Unfortunately, I am only a first year, and I am not familiar with the layout of the buildings."

He suspended his magic in the air, making it stop in the middle of its motion. A piece split off from the ball of purple energy and floated around the new student, staying there for a few seconds before heading towards one of the hallways at a walking pace. It would stay within eyesight of her for the entirety of her trip to the dormitory. Jack looked at her with his purple eyes, and motioned for her to follow it.

"Just follow that sprite and you'll reach your dorm as long as you don't deviate. It'll stay within eyesight of you so you shouldn't have any problems with keeping track of it. If you have any questions regarding the layout of the school or classes, come back and talk with me. I can give you directions to almost all of the places contained within this school and maybe even some advice in any classes you might struggle in."

Vesperis
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:57 pm

Roxanne loved the first day of school almost as much as she hated it. She thought of hating it on the same level as being mildly annoyed with it. Like many others her age, vacations or breaks between school was a precious time that should be properly lamented when lost. Grumble as she may about not being able to sleep in every day anymore, she was filled with an indescribable mix of anxiety and excitement. It felt like a different world here, like the place was completely separate from the rest of the world, especially different from the last school she had attended, one for normal students. It was there that she discovered the true difference between her magic influenced family and the rest of the world. Within weeks she was begging to attend the Academy like everyone else in her family, and her parents obliged.

Now here she stood, somewhat awkwardly observing her surroundings. She felt like she didn't belong, event though she was already dressed her family's traditional robes. She left them open, casual clothes peeking out from underneath. Her face only displayed that she was a little out of place, maybe somewhat nervous, but on the inside she was dying however mildly. She tugged her bags along behind her, trying to get a grasp on the whole place. She needed to find someone to talk to, and fast, otherwise she might very well loose her mind. It had only been five minutes,.

She did her best to walk with some purpose, pretending she wasn't basically lost. Suddenly something caught her eye, in the glimmering light being reflected off of a huge fountain, she could see an odd shape in the center. It wasn't symmetrical, so definitely not a part of the architecture. As she approached the edge of the fountain, she spied a boy simply lounging in the center. Such control over water baffled her, she was confused of controlling such a slippery element. She tilted her head as the world passed by them, incredulous. "Hey!" She called out awkwardly over the sound of rushing water. "Having fun in there?" The words rolled off her tongue with a dry humor.
Hi I'm Ves and I'm always a slut for Aona roleplays

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Female
I live in a hovel in P2TM and I don't leave
I RP girls because no one else will
Pacific Standard Time UTC - 8
Have an RP you think I'd like? TG me

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Rhomaia wrote:As Aria walked through the gates, she felt a strange sense of nostalgia. It had been a long time, it seemed, since she had been in the family manor on the seaside. The well kept courtyard, the blue water, and the crisp cool air already felt like home to her. A new country, new people and the prospect of new secrets to be unearthed made Aria extremely optimistic about her tenure at Mana Academy. She had heard a great deal of stories from her brother. It would be great, he had said. No having to worry about letting go, and embracing our abilities as we learned about the world around us. Reading I, Claudius as she walked, she kept thinking about how grand the Academy's library must be, and how many more great works she would find there.

He suspended his magic in the air, making it stop in the middle of its motion. A piece split off from the ball of purple energy and floated around the new student, staying there for a few seconds before heading towards one of the hallways at a walking pace. It would stay within eyesight of her for the entirety of her trip to the dormitory. Jack looked at her with his purple eyes, and motioned for her to follow it.

"Just follow that sprite and you'll reach your dorm as long as you don't deviate. It'll stay within eyesight of you so you shouldn't have any problems with keeping track of it. If you have any questions regarding the layout of the school or classes, come back and talk with me. I can give you directions to almost all of the places contained within this school and maybe even some advice in any classes you might struggle in."

Giving a small bow to the man and saying "Thank you.", Aria followed the sprite down the academy's stone paths and hallways for about 20 minutes before finally reaching the Dormitories. A large and beautiful building with with imposing white walls and blue shingles on it's roof, it was clear that work had been put into the building's design. The building was a good three stories high, enough to make anyone, even the heir to a royal family, feel small and insignificant. Yet Aria did not come to such a prestigious school to gawk at the pretty architecture. No, she had come here to learn the secrets of the Stormcallers. Walking with a sense of focus, she went through the ornate doors of the building, her hands glossing over their cool bronze handles.

The inside was just about what Aria had expected to see from the Academy. Clean white tiled floors and paintings of great wizards of old, complete with gold frames. Near the entrance hall, just above the doorway, the four symbols of the Academy's houses, Solum, Ignis, Venta, and Aria's own Aquo, were prominently displayed, seemingly to instill a sense of pride within their students. Small groups of students walked with one another as they made their way from their rooms to the outside, or vice versa. Four colored pathways, one for each House, led the way to the student dormitories. Aria took the blue path to the Aquo dormitories, knowing exactly what to do next.

After walking up the stairwell, she reached her room. Good. Now we're on the right track. All that's left now is to see what's inside., Aria thought to herself. Taking out the key that had been given to her when she first came to the island, Aria slid the key slowly into the lock, opening the door. A medium sized room with two beds, a desk, blue wallpaper and wooden floors, Aria sat herself on the nearest bed and lie down. "Time for some practice. Just remember; Harmony Within, Hurricane Without. Mother's own words." she said to herself with a nervous excitement. Putting her hands together to channel the flow of energy in the room, Aria created a baseball sized orb of energy that pulsed and emitted a soft blue glow throughout the room. Now for the good part. Not satisfied with just making a ball, she started experimenting, creating a variety of different shapes as she used her hands to 'sculpt' the new object. A crown, a sword, the Cross, even creating what looked to be a human face out of magical energy was not beyond Aria's skill level. As glad as she was to finally be able to practice in peace, the process was draining for Aria's body, exhausting her pool of energy. Combine this with the fact that Aria had not slept well the previous night did not exactly help with her tiredness. Content with her safe arrival at the Academy and her practice session, Aria had the final shape she created, a chiro, dissipate back into the air and passed out on her bed, a smile on her face.

Fulgen
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulgen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:32 am

Vesperis wrote:She did her best to walk with some purpose, pretending she wasn't basically lost. Suddenly something caught her eye, in the glimmering light being reflected off of a huge fountain, she could see an odd shape in the center. It wasn't symmetrical, so definitely not a part of the architecture. As she approached the edge of the fountain, she spied a boy simply lounging in the center. Such control over water baffled her, she was confused of controlling such a slippery element. She tilted her head as the world passed by them, incredulous. "Hey!" She called out awkwardly over the sound of rushing water. "Having fun in there?" The words rolled off her tongue with a dry humor.

Lio opened one eye lazily, to catch wind of a tall blonde-haired girl. He smiled warmly. "Well, it's a pretty hot day, wouldn't you say? Nice to catch a break in some cool." He waved his fingers erratically, letting the light breezes flick droplets of water to and fro. This made him giggle, and he outstretched his hand towards the girl invitingly.

"Care to join me?"
//////THE CONTROL//////

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:23 pm

Fulgen wrote:
Vesperis wrote:She did her best to walk with some purpose, pretending she wasn't basically lost. Suddenly something caught her eye, in the glimmering light being reflected off of a huge fountain, she could see an odd shape in the center. It wasn't symmetrical, so definitely not a part of the architecture. As she approached the edge of the fountain, she spied a boy simply lounging in the center. Such control over water baffled her, she was confused of controlling such a slippery element. She tilted her head as the world passed by them, incredulous. "Hey!" She called out awkwardly over the sound of rushing water. "Having fun in there?" The words rolled off her tongue with a dry humor.

Lio opened one eye lazily, to catch wind of a tall blonde-haired girl. He smiled warmly. "Well, it's a pretty hot day, wouldn't you say? Nice to catch a break in some cool." He waved his fingers erratically, letting the light breezes flick droplets of water to and fro. This made him giggle, and he outstretched his hand towards the girl invitingly.

"Care to join me?"

Roxanne blinked incredulously at the boy. Her eyes wandered around for just a moment, wondering if anyone else was witnessing the weird-ass shit she was looking at right now. As it appeared, a grand total of nobody cared. She let an awkward smile form on her face. This one was officially weird, which wasn't necessarily bad, right? She took a look down at her clothes, robes that had been passed down through family members for quite a few generations.
'
"Sorry...I don't think water would be good for these-" She started, holding up the edge of her robes. "Or uh, me for that matter."

Female

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Vesperis wrote:
Fulgen wrote:Lio opened one eye lazily, to catch wind of a tall blonde-haired girl. He smiled warmly. "Well, it's a pretty hot day, wouldn't you say? Nice to catch a break in some cool." He waved his fingers erratically, letting the light breezes flick droplets of water to and fro. This made him giggle, and he outstretched his hand towards the girl invitingly.

"Care to join me?"

Roxanne blinked incredulously at the boy. Her eyes wandered around for just a moment, wondering if anyone else was witnessing the weird-ass shit she was looking at right now. As it appeared, a grand total of nobody cared. She let an awkward smile form on her face. This one was officially weird, which wasn't necessarily bad, right? She took a look down at her clothes, robes that had been passed down through family members for quite a few generations.
'
"Sorry...I don't think water would be good for these-" She started, holding up the edge of her robes. "Or uh, me for that matter."

Henry Von Kressel

I was reading Vladimir's book when a scene caught my attention. A young lady to be more precise. And to be completely precise,her eyes caught my attention. She was talking to a mage that was playing in the fountain,and got her robes and herself wet. I closed my book,getting up from the surprisingly comfortable garden,and carrying my cape in the hand. Soon as I got near her,I extended my hand,offering my dark red cape to her.

"It is sort of cold here lady. Take this,it will help you get warmer. No need to hurry for giving it back to me. By the way,what's your name?"

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:36 pm

I was reading Vladimir's book when a scene caught my attention. A young lady to be more precise. And to be completely precise,her eyes caught my attention. She was talking to a mage that was playing in the fountain,and got her robes and herself wet. I closed my book,getting up from the surprisingly comfortable garden,and carrying my cape in the hand. Soon as I got near her,I extended my hand,offering my dark red cape to her.

"It is sort of cold here lady. Take this,it will help you get warmer. No need to hurry for giving it back to me. By the way,what's your name?"

Roxanne stood thinking about the strange boy in the fountain for only a moment before someone appeared at her side. In fact, he started her a little bit. She gave the same unsure smile she had given to the guy in the fountain moments before. His voice had a distinctly proper sound to it. She had never heard anyone of her age speak this way, another strange one? Maybe everyone here was that way, she thought. However, she distinctly remembered her older siblings who came to the school being the same obnoxious apathetic beings as any other teenagers at normal schools. Maybe it was just going to be her class.

"Oh no don't worry about it I-" She dropped the corner of her robe that she was holding and felt it slap against her leg with the weight of water. A shiver ran up her spine. Fountain guy was crazy when he said that it was a warm day, even to a person who had cold tolerance above her own, it wouldn't be considered warm. She hadn't noticed before, but all of the spray kicking off of the fountain due to the boy within it had been silently soaking in to her clothes. She was a little damp, no real problem, but a soft breeze ran by and she immediately felt an uncomfortable chill. "Actually I'll take you up on that, thank you." She took the cloak in her hands and awkwardly held it against herself, warding off the breeze. The cloak itself was luxurious feeling, soft and warmer than any garment had any right to be naturally, like blankets fresh out of the dryer. It took all of her willpower to not immediately snuggle up in the thing. "I'm Roxanne." She said with a polite smile, wondering if she should mention how warm the cloak was.
Last edited by Vesperis on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Female

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Vesperis wrote:

Roxanne stood thinking about the strange boy in the fountain for only a moment before someone appeared at her side. In fact, he started her a little bit. She gave the same unsure smile she had given to the guy in the fountain moments before. His voice had a distinctly proper sound to it. She had never heard anyone of her age speak this way, another strange one? Maybe everyone here was that way, she thought. However, she distinctly remembered her older siblings who came to the school being the same obnoxious apathetic beings as any other teenagers at normal schools. Maybe it was just going to be her class.

"Oh no don't worry about it I-" She dropped the corner of her robe that she was holding and felt it slap against her leg with the weight of water. A shiver ran up her spine. Fountain guy was crazy when he said that it was a warm day, even to a person who had cold tolerance above her own, it wouldn't be considered warm. She hadn't noticed before, but all of the spray kicking off of the fountain due to the boy within it had been silently soaking in to her clothes. She was a little damp, no real problem, but a soft breeze ran by and she immediately felt an uncomfortable chill. "Actually I'll take you up on that, thank you." She took the cloak in her hands and awkwardly held it against herself, warding off the breeze. The cloak itself was luxurious feeling, soft and warmer than any garment had any right to be naturally, like blankets fresh out of the dryer. It took all of her willpower to not immediately snuggle up in the thing. "I'm Roxanne." She said with a polite smile, wondering if she should mention how warm the cloak was.

Henry Von Kressel

I must admit to myself that seeing Roxanne wearing the cape was a beautiful sight to behold. The fact that she was almost snuggling the thing in her was fun,but pretty as well. I really hoped that she ended up in the same house as me or something.

"Beautiful eyes Roxanne. I'm Henry Von Kressel. Pleasure to meet you."

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Vesperis wrote:

Henry Von Kressel

I must admit to myself that seeing Roxanne wearing the cape was a beautiful sight to behold. The fact that she was almost snuggling the thing in her was fun,but pretty as well. I really hoped that she ended up in the same house as me or something.

The face Roxanne made at Henry's comment would have made her friends back home break down laughing. She tended not to be awkward with boys, but this one was more than she had ever learned to handle. Her face said smile but her eyes held the look of complete confusion. Even she wasn't this blatant, ever. And she was the one who tended to scare guys away. "Thank you." She sounded nearly taken aback. "Your eyes-" She started awkwardly, just now realizing their odd color. "Are something. Something else." She nodded, mentally affirming that the stupid comment had just come out of her mouth. She sounded less actually impressed and more like she was fishing for a proper reaction.
Last edited by Vesperis on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Female

Fulgen
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Fulgen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Lio stifled laughter, giggling at the man presenting a cape towards the girl he was talking to. "Jesus, man." he giggled, grinning brightly. "I mean, I'm all for the expression of emotions and romance, but you almost sprinted over here...!" He covered his face, and fell into the fountain surface, making a large splash. Lio didn't notice.

"I mean...nice language, but you're being a bit up-front, aren't you? Like, usually your dick and your brain aren't so quickly confused, heehee!"
//////THE CONTROL//////

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:45 pm

Vesperis wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

The face Roxanne made at Henry's comment would have made her friends back home break down laughing. She tended not to be awkward with boys, but this one was more than she had ever learned to handle. Her face said smile but her eyes held the look of complete confusion. Even she wasn't this blatant, ever. And she was the one who tended to scare guys away. "Thank you." She sounded nearly taken aback. "Your eyes-" She started awkwardly, just now realizing their odd color. "Are something. Something else." She nodded, mentally affirming that the stupid comment had just come out of her mouth. She sounded less actually impressed and more like she was fishing for a proper reaction.

Henry Von Kressel

Thank Vladimir for such lucky cape. I'm already loving it. Turns out that walking with your family cape isn't that bad after all.

"Thanks Roxanne,I will take that as a compliment,I guess. If you need anything,you can search me at the dorm,as I will probably stay there."

Fulgen wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Lio stifled laughter, giggling at the man presenting a cape towards the girl he was talking to. "Jesus, man." he giggled, grinning brightly. "I mean, I'm all for the expression of emotions and romance, but you almost sprinted over here...!" He covered his face, and fell into the fountain surface, making a large splash. Lio didn't notice.

"I mean...nice language, but you're being a bit up-front, aren't you? Like, usually your dick and your brain aren't so quickly confused, heehee!"

Soon as I stopped talking to Roxanne,a water splash hitted me and her.

"Roxanne,don't worry about the cape. It's made to be dry and warm,and it will stay that way. So,man,don't splash more water in me."

And then I went back to the dorms,slowly drying myself with heat in the way back. I needed a rest and a time to gather my thoughts I guess.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dystopian Isles of Frisct » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Having seen no students walk through the entrance doors to the main building, Jack decided to go outside and see if there were any stragglers in the courtyard. As he was walking toward the doors, he cut off the flow of the magic that he had been using previously and put his hand on the oh so familiar door that he had walked through so many times before. He would walk through them for many years to come from now on.

Opening up the door, he stuck his head outside and peered around the courtyard for any students that may be standing around outside or near the fountain-a place that had been popular for gatherings in the past-at the front of the courtyard. Upon seeing the three students who were gathered there, one who was walking away while drying himself from some incident, he stepped out onto the lawn and called out to them.

"Are you guys just going to stand around outside and never figure out the layout of where you'll be living for the next few years? Or would you like me to show you around so that you know where you go and when you go there?"

He had his eyes squinted, just to where nobody would notice his eyes that had been affected by a certain incident from the past. He approached them, and restated his question in a different manner, all the while being friendly.

"Do you students need a guide to your dormitories, a tour of the school, or would you like to just loiter about until the school calls it a day and sends you back to your rooms?"

Saint Kitten
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Kitten » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Saitten Murilega entered the wizarding school as he would for any formal event: in his family's traditional "robes," although it can hardly be called such considering it had devolved into a simple black suit and cape. He was holding a bundle of assorted, tattered maps in one hand and a briefcase full of test outlines and study guides in the other. He looked nerdy sure, he even felt nerdy, but it was the last of his things and he couldn't leave his walls bare and his room disorderly right before school starts.

He entered the main building, up to the third floor, and eventually to his room. After a few minutes of hanging up the maps and reordering his desk again he felt ready for class. The class was mainly suited for his history classes, however his "Controlling the Flames" class would probably feel a little out of their element (pun intended).

"Perhaps taking a fire related class outside was for the best," he reasoned, considering the maps, books, and wooden floors. Nonetheless, everything was settled and he was ready for whatever the day, or rather the year, had in store for him. For now he decides to find out where all the other faulty is, and whom exactly his prospective students are in the courtyard.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."
-Mark Twain
I Side With
Political Compass
Dear Future Generations

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:21 pm

Thalia continued to trek through the trees, on her way to the supposed Mana Academy. She'd had a lot of time to think while taking numerous buses from California to the Midwest. Too much time, she would think now. But it would all finally pay off, as now she felt she would be somewhere where she finally belonged. The trees opened up to her, revealing a large building reminiscent of a castle on the shores of Lake Superior. She smiled, lightning arcing across the hair on her head without her even noticing. As she pushed a final branch out of the way, she left a scorch mark on the bark. The damp branch had just been struck by handheld lightning, and the mark looked like something from an electrical burn. But Thalia didn't even notice, as she ran up to the building in her traveling clothes of: a black tank top, jeans, and a backpack with meager belonging and supplies inside.

Through the front door, Thalia practically snuck her way in by hiding amongst a horde of more well dressed, probably better off students. A lot of them were wearing cloaks. Too many, she thought, as she exited the entryway into a beautifully groomed courtyard. Thalia continued to walk until she heard someone with an air of officiality speak to students about the campus.

The Dystopian Isles of Frisct wrote:"Do you students need a guide to your dormitories, a tour of the school, or would you like to just loiter about until the school calls it a day and sends you back to your rooms?"

"I'd like the first two, if that's OK?" Thalia said from behind the man. "This is the right place, right? Mana Academy?"
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Vesperis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vesperis » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:29 am

Fulgen wrote:Lio stifled laughter, giggling at the man presenting a cape towards the girl he was talking to. "Jesus, man." he giggled, grinning brightly. "I mean, I'm all for the expression of emotions and romance, but you almost sprinted over here...!" He covered his face, and fell into the fountain surface, making a large splash. Lio didn't notice.

Roxanne felt a hot wave of embarrassment flood over her as the fountain boy suddenly jumped back in on the conversation.At least Henry hadn't been downright obnoxious. Her jaw dropped at the sheer audacity of fountain boy and she jumped back to avoid getting wet once more, pulling the warm cape away from the splash. Even so it still got to her, and her temper immediately flared. She opened her mouth, ready to call him out on how much of a dick he was being when Henry excused himself and left. Left mid sentence, mouth agape and still clutching the cape, she turned back to fountain boy. "Look here, Shamu, that was totally uncalled for. That was awkward and you fu-" She was stopped again by a voice calling out to them from the lawn. Her mouth snapped shut and she stood there, still pouting as furiously as she knew how.

It was a teacher, and she managed to hold her composure somewhat well around them. She bit her lip and attempted a friendly look, even though she was very much no longer in the mood to look friendly. "Hi there...that might be nice." Another girl approached, asking for the same thing. Roxanne nodded at her. "Yeah, this is the place." Inwardly, she wondered if weird stuff like this always happened.

Female

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse