NATION

PASSWORD

Blades of The People: A Story of Assassins [It has ended]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Which one would you like to be the theme song of the RP?

Rebellion Anthem, by Yousei Teitoku
67%
Clattanoia, by OxT
33%
Let Me Hear, by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
No votes

Total votes : 3

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Blades of The People: A Story of Assassins [It has ended]

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 am

Blades of The People: A Story of Assassins

Special Thanks To:

TriStates, for allowing me to copy his template.

Something You Would Need to Know

The Lore
Like every story, there is always an Empire. This Empire, in particular, was built as a result of a hundred years of warring clans, and one universal threat from a species, known as the Dread Beasts. Unified and led by the man that would become the First Emperor, The Empire prospered for years. But one day, The First Emperor grew restless. He knew that like every other man, his life would soon meet its end. Fearing that the prosperous Empire he had unified and led for years would fall apart after his reign, he gathered his advisors. Most of them suggested that they shall lengthen the Emperor's life, using the knowledge of alchemy that had developed as a result of his reign. But the Emperor himself declined, offended by the fact that he would only become an over-aged shell of the man he once was, filled with only medicines. He said that even though he lived for a hundred years, his capability to maintain the Empire will never be the same. He asked for an idea to keep the Empire prosperous, even after his reign, even after a thousand years of his death.

Then one advisor suggested, "A man's life can only be so long, but don't weapons last forever?". The Emperor, finally come to a decision, ordered the creation of superweapons, tools of war that would assure The Empire's existence for thousands of years, created using advanced alchemical knowledge, combined with the body parts of the Dread Beasts, to add the special powers inside the weapons. The Imperial Alchemists dubbed them "Imperial Gears". The Empire succeeded in creating 48 of them, thus marking The Empire's greatest military achievement, and also gave way to expansionist ideas, letting the First Emperor rests in peace. However, some years after his death, a great civil war, which was a result of a battle of succession, broke out. Half of the Imperial Gears were lost, but the remaining half let the Empire resume its daily life.

A thousand years after the First Emperor's death, after the end of many reigns of Emperors, another Emperor rose to power. However, this Emperor was merely a young man, barely reaching his teens, guided by his Prime Minister. Words on the streets said that the current Emperor is only a figurehead, manipulated by the Prime Minister for his own agenda. Some people tried to fight this corrupt government, and to make the young Emperor aware of the fact. However, the young Emperor, reliant on and extremely trusting his Prime Minister's words, ordered a heavy punishment for these people. Some are lucky enough to be granted swift death. While some others faced a fate worse than death, under the Prime Minister's observance. Some villages and cities outside the Imperial Capital, that already suffered from heavy taxation, will have their taxation amount raised, if they were found to be opposing the Empire, specifically, the Prime Minister. Some other villages or cities that cannot afford to pay taxes will be marked as "rebels", and destroyed, with the inhabitants that are not lucky enough to die during the destruction left to be tortured and/or raped, according to the Imperial Army's personnel's whim.

This led to some officers in the Imperial Military, and a lesser amount of nobles, defecting from The Empire, forming what would be known as the Revolutionaries. With the intentions of making the Emperor aware of the suffering of the people outside the Capital, and to dispose of the Prime Minister and his ilk, they seek supports from other cities. However, the cities outside of the Capital mostly governed by one of the Prime Minister's ilk. Not wanting to hurt the people along their way, this gave birth to an assassination squad, tasked primarily to do the dirty job of the Revolutionaries with disposing the oppressors, and only the oppressors. This assassination squad, famous for its tactics to act out at night, was given a fitting name; Night Raid.

You are amongst the members of this assassination squad. And as a result, the Empire puts bounties on your heads. The more violent path you took to dispose the targets, the more well-known you are. The more well-known you are, the higher the bounties on your head.

What method will you choose? Would you choose to avenge the people? Or would you expose the truth about the people?

It's all your choice.
OP is God
  • Obey the OP. My word is Law, Supreme and Final.
  • Obey the CO-OP(s).
  • Respect the ban.
  • Follow PT2M Rules & NS site policy.
Don’t Be That Guy
  • Do Not Godmod. Do Not Metagame.
  • Do Not Run My NPCs.
  • RSVP Before Inactivity, if. TG Me or a Co-Op before hand and save us all the hassle. Three days absence will leave your characters open to OP/Co-Op control if plot development is required, and will earn you a strike. Five days plus with no explanation will have the player removed from the RP.
  • Etiquette. Be nice, be respectful, be adult, no one has a right to be rude, and don’t let your having fun stop other people from having fun.
Post Expectations
  • Write Quality.
  • This is not our first rodeo, so I'll only say this. One liners and poor grammer are Forbidden! Absolutely, expressively, in every way, shape, and form.

Code: Select all
 (Delete everything in parentheses, including the parentheses.)
[align=center][size=110][NIGHT RAID MEMBER PERSONAL DATA][/size][/align]

[hr][/hr]
[b]Name :[/b](Self-explanatory)
[b]Age :[/b](Self-explanatory)
[b]Gender :[/b](Male or Female?)
[b]Appearance :[/b](How your character looks. Either use a pic - anime would be preferable because reasons - or describe as clear as necessary.)
[b]Personality :[/b](Self-explanatory)
[b]Bio :[/b](2 paragraphs explaining the origin until you end up in the Revolutionaries)
[b]Strengths :[/b](Your abilities, what you capable of)
[b]Weaknesses :[/b](Your weaknesses, your flaws)
[b]Other skills :[/b](Your capabilities outside of the assassination business, like cooking, carpentry, etc. Optional.)
[hr][/hr]
[Imperial Arms] (This part is the data about your Imperial Arms)
[b]Name :[/b] (What is the name of your Imperial Arms? Feel free to use the Imperial Arms link in the External Links tab if you need guidance)
[b]Type :[/b] (What type is your Imperial Arms? Offensive, Defensive, Support? Again, feel free to use the link)
[b]Abilities :[/b] (The ability of your Imperial Arms)
[b]Trump Card :[/b] (The special ability of your Imperial Arms. Must comes with a drawback, such as requiring a long time to be used again, or making the user become over-exhausted, etc. Use the link if needed)
[hr][/hr]
RP Sample: (If I know you, feel free to leave this blank. If not, then either link your RP posts here or write one down)
For helps about Imperial Arms: Click here.

Welcome to The Empire.

Northerners: A word used to call the people from the Northern Union.

Westerners: A word used to call people from Western Kingdom.

Dirt-blood: A slur/slang used as an insult to call people from the Western Kingdom or their descendants, even the mixed ones.

Imperial Arms: A tool/gears of war created under the order of the First Emperor to ensure the existence of The Empire.

Trump Card: A very powerful capability of an Imperial Arms, normally used as a last resort technique, due to usually having a costly drawback. It is said that not all Imperial Arms have this, but it can be developed through training.

Imperial Guards: A part of the Imperial Ground Forces, tasked to protect the citizens and capturing criminals. Equivalent to polices. A more professional squad of the Guards are tasked to protect nobles at their establishments.

Imperial Army: The army of The Empire. During the first years of imperial Arms' existence, this army used them as a tool for expansions.

Imperial Navy: A naval force of The Empire, based at the Eastern region, due to the place being bordered by the sea.

Firearms Squadron: A part of the Imperial Ground Forces. A squadron that's trained in using firearms. Usually used in battles in mountainous regions.
Welcome to The Empire!

New to the Empire? Don't worry! We have prepared a sum of necessary knowledge you would need to know about The Empire in this pamphlet!

Overview
The Empire is a superpower that has lasted for over 1000 years, boasting vast territories and resources. Its capital city is enormous, covering roughly 200,000 sq. kilometers, and is encircled on all sides by a huge wall. The capital’s various districts are separated by large canals in which trade ships run through. Beyond the capital the country seems to be mostly rural with an unknown number of cities and villages spread throughout. The exact size of the Empire itself has yet to be revealed. Three other countries border the Empire to the north, south, and west while the Empire’s eastern boundary is the coastline of a great ocean.

The bordering countries are:

• Northern Union: A nation formed by the union of several tribes that resides outside The Empire's northern border. The climate is very harsh, as it always snowing and freezing in here, so The Empire never wanted to touch them, despite having the Imperial Arms. Apparently, none of the Imperial Arms provide protection against such a harsh climate. And despite being more underdeveloped than The Empire, having only using steam technology compared to The Empire's advanced alchemistry, their harsh climate boosted their advantage in ground battles. Only the northernmost region of The Empire that also share this climate. A species of Dread Beasts that have the ability used to reside here.

Currently, they are at war with The Empire on the northern border.
  • Western Kingdom: A kingdom that resides on the west of The Empire, just like it's name. It rivaled The Empire in terms of landmass and military expertise, as it has waged wars countless times against The Empire before. Out of all the three countries bordering The Empire, the Western Kingdom was considered the most advanced, once stated to have a certain amount of knowledge on alchemy.
  • Southern Country: Not much is known about this country, except that The Empire once waged a war against them.

Geography
Central Region
The Capital

An enormous, flourishing city surrounded by a wall, located in the heart of The Empire. The Imperial Palace is located at the heart of the Capital, protected by a layer of the Capital's inner wall, making it hard for rebels to get inside.
  • The Great Canal - the largest of the many canals surrounding the Capital, at over 2,500 km in length. It was built in seven years by the means of exploitation of thousands of people and quickly became very profitable, helping the Capital raise further in power, by becoming the biggest trade route in the Capital. The Canal also served as a route for The Emperor's cruise ship Ryuusen, which is The Emperor's, along with The Empire's, own pride, due to the size and the luxurious state of the ship.

Mt. Fake
    Home to several Dread Beasts species that disguised themselves as various objects such as trees and rocks, which gave the name to the mountain, because almost every object you see here is not like what they seemed to be. Be careful if you pass this mountain!

Marg Plateau
    A rather large plateau resided far to the west of Mountain Fake. Home to many Dread Beasts species. Usually used as a hunting ground by Dread Beasts hunters.

Northern Region

This region is called the coldest region in The Empire, especially the one that's closest to The Empire's northern border. As such, not many people live in here, and instead became a home for a few species of Dread Beasts. Almost all clans and tribes that reside here are Dread Beasts hunter clans and tribes. Sometimes the clans fight each other.

The mountains in this region served as a den for bandits. Be careful if passing these mountains.

Eastern Region

This region contains numerous cities and villages, and was famous for both a religious movement going across the cities and villages, and for their maritime condition. Being the border between The Empire and the vast ocean, this region was used as a base for the Imperial Navy. Their economical condition is fairly decent, with their fishing villages and underwater Dread Beasts hunting.

Southern Region

Out of all the regions in The Empire, this region is considered the poorest. The only income of the villages scattered around this region comes from farmlands. There are not many Dread Beasts roaming around this region, so the Dread Beasts hunting activity was fairly low, and as such, did not contribute much to the economy. Villages that cannot afford to suffer from heavy taxation were either labeled as rebel villages and destroyed, or alleged themselves with the rebels as a backlash against The Empire and destroyed.

Western Region

Not much is going about in this region, aside from the fact that it used to have a good economical condition from the merchant villages doing trades with the Western Region, but then these villages were ordered to be destroyed, after being labeled as "un-nationalist merchants". Due to the frequent exchange in violence against the Western Kingdom, a small number of the people here are immigrants from said kingdom, and are despised by the inlanders.

And that is all about the famous Empire! Thank you for paying attention to this information pamphlet, and have a good time exploring The Empire!

Greetings from the Creator

Hey! Sin is here. Some of you might have already known about me. Some of you might haven't. Anyway, this is my very first try at making a RP. Up till now I only followed in another's footsteps, following other people's RPs, until I found the bravery to create my own.

Now, about the RP. It's something that's loosely based on Akame Ga Kill! and Dishonored. The reason why those two? Well, I just feel like there's a lot of similarities between the two, with the main plot drives involves a group of Revolutionaries/Loyalists disposing a cruel Prime Minister/Lord Regent, weakening his control on people along the way, by the means of assassination (or hugging people to death, for those of you that played Dishonored with the non-lethal route). And of course, this RP would also gave you alternative route to dispose of your targets, so you can thoroughly develop your character(s). You want to be the infamous bloodthirsty assassin, disposing every enemy of the people by your blade? Go ahead! You want to be a vigilante of justice, exposing the rotten truth of your targets, and using those truth to either making him lost his grip on people, or to use a rival of his to take over to your advantage? Be my guest! The choice is purely yours.

Because it's my very first try, i don't want to risk on people having too much diverse plot, so I intend to keep all characters united working under the Night Raid, as assassins. If any of you find any of my incompetence while leading this RP, feel free to point out. I want to improve, so constructive criticism is always accepted.

Because this started as both an Interest and OOC, I want to see the amount of interest people give to this, and would want to see suggestions along the way from everyone. First priority is app, but anything is fine, really.

I expect to have about twelve characters (after we finished the app format, of course), and to at least complete the dictionary, before we can start the IC.

That's it from Sin. Enjoy your ride.

Update Changelog:
v0.1 Added application format, banner, External Links tab, and created Update Changelog.
v0.2 Added Dictionary and A Brief Tour of The Empire.
v1.1 Added Archive Thread.
v2.0 IC Thread is up.
Last edited by Sindrya on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:23 am, edited 9 times in total.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 am

Placing a Tag
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:56 am

Hello there Sin.

I'll be here, keeping eye, probably helping the worldbuilding to the best I can.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Wallabiyah
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallabiyah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:09 am

Akame ga Kill? tag.

Question: Will this RP also stick true to the manga with it's abundance of dead character?
Last edited by Wallabiyah on Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:20 am

Greetings, everybody.

Wallabiyah wrote:Akame ga Kill? tag.

Question: Will this RP also stick true to the manga with it's abundance of dead character?

Actually, that depends on your choice. The more violent you become, more Guards will chase your bounty, to the point where capture was possible. If you can escape, that's good. But if you can't, well, say goodbye. It's only loosely based, actually. Plot drives are from Dishonored (the options and all). Getting off the topic, Lubba wins best death scene to me. :lol:

Any suggestions for app format?
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:24 am

Will the Imperial Arms system already be implemented with existing ones? Or are we able to come up with our own custom ones with the acceptable power level decided by yourself?
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:33 am

Relikai wrote:Will the Imperial Arms system already be implemented with existing ones? Or are we able to come up with our own custom ones with the acceptable power level decided by yourself?

Considering the canon Imperial Arms are OP no matter how you look at it, I prefer the latter.
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:00 am

Sindrya wrote:Greetings, everybody.

Actually, that depends on your choice. The more violent you become, more Guards will chase your bounty, to the point where capture was possible. If you can escape, that's good. But if you can't, well, say goodbye. It's only loosely based, actually. Plot drives are from Dishonored (the options and all). Getting off the topic, Lubba wins best death scene to me. :lol:

Format? Hmm:
Name :(Self-explained)
Gender/Sex :(should we include sex or gender or both?)
Appearance :( Self-explained)
Personality :(personality of your character)
Strengths : (your abilities, what you capable of)
Weaknesses : (your weaknesses, your flaws)
Bio : (2 paragraphs explaining the origin until you end up in the Revolutionaries)
RP Sample

What about this? Is it enough?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Wallabiyah
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Wallabiyah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:06 am

Honestly, that man is loyal as hell and even have his balls crushed. I even stopped reading Akame for a while simply by the shock of Lubba's death

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:11 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Format? Hmm:
Name :(Self-explained)
Gender/Sex :(should we include sex or gender or both?)
Appearance :( Self-explained)
Personality :(personality of your character)
Strengths : (your abilities, what you capable of)
Weaknesses : (your weaknesses, your flaws)
Bio : (2 paragraphs explaining the origin until you end up in the Revolutionaries)
RP Sample

What about this? Is it enough?

Aren't both gender and sex mean the same thing in literature? Sorry, I'm simple like that.

Thanks Alti. I'll tweak it up a bit, adding the Imperial Arms part, and then voila.
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:13 am

Tagged. I love Dishonored so much, but I can't say I've watched Akame ga Kill! Worth a watch?
Last edited by Krytonus on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 am

Krytonus wrote:Tagged. I love Dishonored so much, but I can't say I've watched Akame ga Kill! Worth a watch?

If you like Game of Thrones, meaning you can bear with major character deaths, then sure.

App format is up.

EDIT: To everyone, remember what I said about preferring us make custom ones? I just wanted to say if you want to create an Imperial Arms that somewhat resembles or outright copycat of already existing ones, feel free to do that. But I might have to tone down those are considered OP. You guys fine with that?
Last edited by Sindrya on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:17 am

Someone better make an Esdeath expy, or I will be very disappointed.

In other news, a trap assassin will obviously be coming.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:24 am

Videssos wrote:Someone better make an Esdeath expy, or I will be very disappointed.

Oh, fuck me.

In other news, surprise!
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:26 am

Shyluz wrote:
Videssos wrote:Someone better make an Esdeath expy, or I will be very disappointed.

Oh, fuck me.

In other news, surprise!

Is that an offer? :p

Indeed.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:27 am

Videssos wrote:
Shyluz wrote:
Oh, fuck me.

In other news, surprise!

Indeed.

No, sorry. I already have a partner on NS. ;)

Anyways... app eventually.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:45 am

Shyluz wrote:
Videssos wrote:

Indeed.

Welcome aboard.

Esdeath expy, as in, OPOP (overly-possessive and over-fucking-powered) girlfriend?

Cause that's how I see Esdeath up till now. :p
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:55 am

Sindrya wrote:
Shyluz wrote:

Welcome aboard.

Esdeath expy, as in, OPOP (overly-possessive and over-fucking-powered) girlfriend?

Well, I might be a bit biased in regards to that, considering I'm something of a masochist. :p
Arya Stark- "Not today"

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:47 am

Videssos wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Welcome aboard.

Well, I might be a bit biased in regards to that, considering I'm something of a masochist. :p

He~

What's the connection between that and trap?
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:08 pm

[NIGHT RAID MEMBER PERSONAL DATA]

Name : Callum Garret.

Appearance : Callum stands at just under six feet, built lean but muscular, shaped by years of climbing and running. Thanks to his refusal of gloves, over the years his hands have become tough and calloused, covered in nicks and scars.

Callum could be considered handsome, were it not for the layers of grime and sweat that cover his face most of the time. He has a pronounced jawline, and a small nose with deep brown eyes that light up like a sunset. A bad burn-mark scars his upper-left forehead, burning off most of his left eyebrow, which he tries to hide behind his hair, and much of his upper body and back are badly burnt too. The fore-mentioned hair is a deep brown, long, unkempt and rather curly, and can sometimes get in his eyes, especially when it becomes wet. Although when on missions he hides his face in a hood and keeps well cloaked, he is well tanned. His gear consists of tight-fitting pants (which show off his amazing ass) with suspenders and a purple shirt, covered with a long black and purple-accented jacket with a large hood. Fitted into the sleeves of the coat, on the underside of the forearms are two long retactable blades that stretch from the wrist to the elbow. Although he refuses to kill, these elbow blades are incredibly useful when fighting up close and personal. Several straps and pockets criss-cross Callum's torso, equipped with all sorts of gear from lockpicks, small blades and bandages to ball-bearings, sleeping pills and tea bags. He's very prepared.

He wears his Imperial Arms, a pair of lightweight shoes at all times. Yes, even in the shower. It's kind of gross, actually.

Personality : Callum hides his inner feelings beneath a charismatic persona. Constantly cracking jokes and making quips, he tends to get along well with most people. Callum is a loyal friend and takes promises very seriously. Although he tries to tell the truth, he does sometimes end up spinning elaborate lies to people. He's always happy to follow orders and happy for somebody else to lead- but if the person taking charge isn't pulling their weight or acting like a good leader, he won't hesitate to speak out against them. This tendency to speak his mind has gotten him in trouble in the past and, to be honest, probably will in the future. He is very secretive about some of his true personality, hiding them under jokes and banter. Although he tries to stay calm, Marcus can on occasion become angry, but when he does it is short lived and usually just hot air. Callum is happiest on the job, and enjoys the challenge it brings. He refuses to kill, instead relying on the likes of ball-bearings and smoke bombs to help him in tricky situations, though he can hold his own for a few minutes. His disagreement with killing can sometimes put him at odds with the rest of the team.

Bio : Callum was born in the South to a family of tailors in one of the southernmost towns in the Kingdom. As is common, the town was a poor one, with most people working as simple farmers save for a few vital businesses such as a blacksmith, Inn and tailors. Callum was an only child, and from an early age was taught all the skills a tailor needed to know. In his spare time, Callum loved to climb and run, and sometimes got in trouble for running across roofs around town in the middle of the night. Callum was lucky, and didn't have to work as a child to bring in money and secure an apprenticeship as the tailors brought in good money and he would one day take up the family business. However, as fortune would have it, this was not the case. When Callum was fourteen years old, the town reached a new financial low. With over half the town unable to pay taxes, the Empire took drastic action, torching the town to the ground house by house. Although he suffered some bad burns, Callum managed to escape through an open window, aided by his knowledge of freerunning. Although he tried to help his parents escape too, they didn't share his skill. His mother was shot while they were running across the rooftops, and when Callum's father went back to help, the roof fell through. They were killed instantly. Callum escaped to a nearby forest, where he hid out for a few days.

Emerging from the forest to search for food a few days later, Callum found devastation. His entire town had been burnt to ashes, everybody he knew was dead and he had no money or food. Three days later, the Resistance found him sitting in the middle of the ruins of his home. He hadn't eaten or had anything to drink for days, and hadn't slept since the torching six days earlier. They rescued him and brought them to their nearest camp, half dead, where they tended to his burns, fed and clothes him and brought him back from the verge of death. It was there that Callum swore he would have his revenge on the one responsible for his town. He would kill nobody on his mission- except for the one responsible. That, he promised. And so, the Resistance started training him. It didn't take long for them to realize his skills, deciding he would be the ideal wielder for an Imperial Arms they had found a few months earlier, but not yet found a wielder. Callum was a natural, and was able to use Apollo like it were an extension of his body. He became one of the top Resistance couriers and thieves, making a name for himself in the resistance, and, eventually, he joined Night Raid.

Strengths :
Speed/Agility: Callum is very fast, and years of experience make him an expert in the art of freerunning and climbing. His knowledge in acrobatics is also very useful when he's on a mission, making him hard to hit and even harder to avoid. His lightning-quick reflexes and speedy nature make him a dangerous foe, but hey, at least he won't kill you?
Stealth: As you'd imagine, being so good at climbing and lightning reflexes make for a very stealthy person. His adept skill makes him a popular choice for infiltration missions and thefts.
Conversation: He talks a lot. That being said, he can be an excellent diplomat if need be, which has gotten him out of some tricky situations before. It can also be an excellent distraction. But, most of the time he just spews forth whatever his brain throws at him first. So I guess this is a weakness too?

Weaknesses :
Opposes Killing: Callum refuses to kill. He has sworn to never kill a human being- save for one. Then again, he doesn't really count. He couldn't possibly be human.
Lack of training: Callum is not particularly well trained in hand-to-hand combat and the likes, making it even harder to fend off attackers, hence his "grab and run" style of going about missions.
Conversation: See Above.

Other skills :
Sewing/Making Clothes: He used to be a tailor, and makes all his clothes himself, along with clothes for a lot of other people, too.
Camping: He's just got a knack for the outdoors, I guess.
Sex: He's very flexible.
Tea Making: He makes great tea.
Alcohol Refusal: He doesn't drink...?

[Imperial Arms]

Name : Footholds of the Divine: Apollo.

Type : Defensive.

Abilities : Taking the form of a pair of lightweight shoes, these Imperial Arms were designed for the Emperor's personal courier, and allow the user to run at an inhuman speed, jump incredibly far, and even walk on walls and ceilings. It also enhances the user's reflexes, making them very hard to hit.

Trump Card : As of yet, no Trump Card has been discovered for Apollo, but Callum's working on it.

RP Sample:
NOTE: This is a really long post, so, like, don't feel pressured to read it all. It's just some of my best work.
I was currently in the back of a prison van, still shackled and accompanied by two guards. I tried conversation, but one of them threatened to taze me, so chatting was out of the picture. It seemed to be taking a lot longer than before to get back to the prison and we hadn't been stopping enough for it to be down to traffic. Just as I started worrying, we came to a halt and the two gentlemen accompanying me forced me up and out the back. We were on an airfield, somewhere on the outskirts of the city.
"Where am I going?"
The man on the left gestured to what was just pulling out of the hangar. It was some sort of high speed transport, and emblazoned proudly on the side was the Ultra Corps logo. Two more people were already on their way towards us, and as they got closer, I noticed they both wore the UC logo too. I didn't recognize them. The police handed me over and I started shuffling along with my new guards, one a man of about thirty with a buzz-cut and the other a twenty-something girl with bright purple hair and various piercings.
"Dare I ask where I'm going now? And why?"
The man spoke in a gruff voice. "We're going to HQ. We've been authorized to deal with every Infinite Justice member we see fit, and that especially includes you. You and me, when we get to base, we're gonna have a lot of fun. Loved the speech, by the way. You almost convinced one guy." He cracked up at this.
"Shut up." The girl muttered as we climbed up the boarding ramp. I was strapped in and the girl disappeared into the cockpit. The man strapped himself in across the cabin. I stared around the room, checking for some way to escape. As I checked, I noticed that my cuffs had been put on loose. I could feel a tiny sliver of my power. Maybe if I was fast, I could escape. I looked up from my cuffs again at buzz-cut, who was grinning at me. He cocked a pistol.
"Wanna know what my power is?"
"Enlighten me."
He was really pleased now.
"I can see five seconds into the future. You try anything funny, little man, and you'll have a bullet in your head before it even happens."
Well, shit. There goes any hope of escape.

I had to admit, it impressed me just how fast we got there. UC had a lot more money than we did. This thing was high-tech. I was quickly led down the boarding ramp, into the chilly Rockies weather and inside the huge HQ. I was hurried into an elevator and brought down, deeper into the huge complex. Buzz-cut opened his mouth again to say something, but purple-hair shushed him. After what seemed like an eternity, the elevator left out a beep and proudly displayed the floor- Basement 12. We quickly exited and made our way down the long, drab hallway, stopping about halfway. Buzz-cut shot me a sickening grin.
"We're here."
In block capitals on the door, Interrogation Room was written.
"In." muttered Purple, opening the door and gesturing me inside. In the room was a small table and three chairs, one on the left and two on the right. In one corner of the room was a water tank with a stack of paper cups, and on the opposite side of the room was a small cupboard. One of the walls was slightly different to the others, but only barely. Likely it was a one-way window so I could be observed. There was also a CCTV camera on the opposite wall.
"Sit."
I sat, twiddling my thumbs as Buzz-cut and Purple sat down on the opposite side of the table. Buzzcut was still grinning like an idiot. Purple cleared her throat.
"My name is Vicky. This is Leonard." She gestured to Buzz-cut. "I'm assuming Leonard has already told you his power, but I'm sure you're itching to learn about mine. I have the ability to inflict incredible pain on people without actually injuring them. To be exact, I can inflict up to twelve-thousand times the average man's pain threshold."
She was casually tapping the table. Her nails were green.
"And we're not leaving this room until you give us everything you know."

I had to admit, Vicky was good at her job. Leonard had my head in a vice behind me, holding me in place while Vicky sent searing pain down my spine. I was shaking, bad.
"We're currently at three times your pain threshold, and we can go a lot higher. Now tell me. What did Infinite Justice do to the Krypton Cannon?"
I let out a mix between a moan and a gurgle.
"What did they do, Rory?"
I let out a scream as she went to four times the threshold.
"Nothing! We d-did nothing! I destroyed it, but that was- Ah! -that was it! Please, stop!"
"You know that's not the answer I want."
Leonard laughed.
"Maybe he needs some more... Permanent persuasion." I watched with wide, scared eyes as he casually strolled over to the cabinet in the corner. He was whistling The Flintstones theme. He pulled out a key and opened the cabinet, where there was an array of very painful looking instruments stacked on the shelves. He leisurely waved his finger around the shelves, before settling on one nasty-looking set of clamps. He grabbed them in his thick, leathery paws and sauntered back to where I was squirming at the table, sweat pouring down my face. I think we were at five now.
"Please, I don't know anything. I swear! Please, believe me! PLEASE!"
Leonard had stopped whistling, and was now proudly displaying his set of slightly yellowed teeth. I watched helplessly as he grabbed my right hand. He was giggling. There was something very wrong with Leonard. I stared with growing fear as the clamp settled at the nail of my index finger, Vicky still pouring red-hot needles into skull. Leonard let out a little gasp of happiness as he suddenly ripped the clamps up and my nail was ripped from my finger. I threw my head back and screamed, trying to ignore my now bleeding finger.
"Alright, let's try something else." stated Vicky simply, absent-mindedly fiddling with one of her earrings with one hand, the other focused on my suffering.
"What' is Sentinel's plan for this war?"
"E-Excuse me?"
"What. Is. Sentinel's. Plan?"
"How the hell should I know? I've been in Prison the last we-"
I scream as fingernail number two goes.
"Alright, fine. You're gonna be like that, let's go to fifteen."
Leonard spreads a toothy grin.

This was hell.

"Okay, you don't know that? Fine, let's get on to something you definitely know." Vicky said in that terrifying, monotone voice.
"What is Sentinel's real name?"
Leonard let out a little giggle."This can all stop in a instant, bud," he whispered in my ear. In the corner of my vision I watched in horror as he brought the clamps up to my earlobe. "Just one little name." He brought the clamps down. I tried to scream, but my body was far past that point. The pain in my ear was a dull prick in comparison to Vicky but it was all the worse knowing that Leonard's wounds would leave a painful mark long after this was all over. The worst part was that he would start laughing a little bit before he actually did whatever he was about to do, as he witnesses it five seconds before it even happens.
"Wha... What are we at n-now?" I asked through gritted teeth, as searing hot blades of pain embedded themselves in my skull.
"Seventeen," Vicky muttered. "By the way, the furthest anybody's gone without blabbing or going insane is nineteen. Is insanity a risk you're willing to take?"
I tried to say something cool, like go to hell or bite me, but all that came out was a sort of mewling sound. Leonard suddenly started laughing like a hyena.
Shit.
He grabbed my left forearm and twisted as hard as he could. I screamed as I heard the bone splitting, and to my dismay I noticed a sharp piece of bone pierce my skin, then, all of a sudden, he grabbed the back of my head and slammed it into the table. I twisted my head to avoid destroying my nose, but the left side of my face collided with the table to a sickening crunch. He brought my head back up.
"One little name... That's all, little man."
"Eighteen." Vicky chimed in.
Would it be so bad to tell them? It's just one name, and Danny can take care of himself...

No. Be strong, be fucking strong.

"No...?" Leonard hissed.
"Too bad, guess we'll just have to-"
To the right, the locked door was twisted open and the lock fell to the ground, shattered.
Please, be somebody here to rescue me, please, please rescue me, please...
Last edited by Krytonus on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Sindrya wrote:
Videssos wrote:

He~

Some circles of BDSM can involve traps? Some of my characters share that trait, and are traps? Many possibilities, including how there are some doujins that have trap characters forced to crossdress/be extra trappy by other characters... :)
Arya Stark- "Not today"

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Tag.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm

Videssos wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
He~

Some circles of BDSM can involve traps? Some of my characters share that trait, and are traps? Many possibilities, including how there are some doujins that have trap characters forced to crossdress/be extra trappy by other characters... :)

Ah, I see.

If any of you guys want to post an app too, go ahead. I might be the last to post my app.
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:52 am

Added a few tidbits of information.

Wallabiyah wrote:

Honestly, that man is loyal as hell and even have his balls crushed. I even stopped reading Akame for a while simply by the shock of Lubba's death

And how the fuck did I miss this post?

Yeah, Lubba is a lovable perverted bastard. After seeing his resolve even after submitted to that torture, I think I should call him "Manliest Assassin With A Testicle".

Cause he only got one of them.
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:31 am

You should appoint CO-OPs, Sindrya. Appoint people you know you can trust and know that they trust you too.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse