NATION

PASSWORD

Fate/Resurrection [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Fate/Resurrection [IC]

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Somewhere over eastern Europe
18 January 2016
1:55 AM local time

While it was entirely possible for magi to fly across entire continents through nothing more than magecraft and a properly enchanted broom, carpet, or car, it was very tiring to do so. Even the most skilled mages usually preferred to use planes - besides, it took a lot of time and effort to find, power, and pressurize a flying carpet, and even then one could not fly terribly high. But mages were naturally seclusive types: Airports and commercial planes are full of people, too many to even attempt to talk about thaumaturgical things with fellow mages, even if they were seated next to one another. Besides, some mages simply didn't like mundanes, or 'muggles' as they were often now called.

It was for this purpose the Tohsaka family, like many other wealthy and important mage families, owned a long-range business jet. They could utilize smaller airports, take off at the family's leisure, and most importantly, no tickets, no waiting lines, and no unwanted passengers. It was a truly private air vehicle.

It was the perfect place for a highly secret summoning ritual, thought Rin Tohsaka, matriarch and sole remaining member of the Tohsaka bloodline. She would have preferred to do it on solid ground once they were in Paris, but the hotel they had booked for her stay during the Fourth Holy Grail War had just installed security cameras throughout the facility, and it was too late to select another hotel. She could just enchant a family out in the countryside of Île-de-France, but that would be rude, not to mention that Waver Velvet had proven that even the strongest memory-altering enchantments would wear off after as little as a few weeks.

A large hexagram rested on an aircraft-grade plywood sheet on the cabin's carpet floor. At the centre lay an old spear, worn by the ceaseless march of time. It was a... sufficient Catalyst. She had hoped to obtain a member of the Saber class, but no such luck had come to her. Lancer would do anyway.

Rin checked the time. Two o'clock. The plane would fly along the ley lines under Tallinn for a little over three minutes. It was a minor deviation from the course from Fuyuki's airport to Paris; enough to be noticed by Air Traffic Control but not enough to warrant their investigating the pilot as to why the deviation was made.

A simple chant was all that was needed to activate the circle, and summon her Servant for this Grail War. As she went through it, the circle began to glow brighter and brighter, eventually outshining even the cabin lights.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let tribute be paid to the Holy Maiden Justeaze.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.
Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.
An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.
From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

At once, the cabin filled with light and smoke as mana poured out from the circle like an explosion. Winds flew through the cabin as the plane briefly lost pressurization from the force. Rin managed to hold herself upright by gripping the table next to her. The entire craft shuddered in protest, veering off course before the magus friend-of-the-family pilot Rin had found managed to pull it back towards Paris.

There, in the middle of the circle, stood a figure silhouetted by the circle's light.

Paris
18 January 2016

A typical day in Paris, with rather untypical Parisan weather. The sun had decided to stay behind a thick carpet of clouds today. It was colder than you'd like, and with a likely chance at rainfall ever present. Despite it all, Vincent didn't seem that bothered by the chilly winds that blew through every nook and cranny of London.

"C'est froid aujourd'hui" Bart remarked.

"Guess so."

Bart wasn't the man's real name, but that's what Vincent called the bartender, at least inside his own thoughts. They weren't on a first-name basis and he didn't want them to be. Bart and him had a perfectly fine understanding and that relationship wasn't subject to change anytime soon. Both Vincent and Bart liked that arrangement just fine.

"Shouldn't you...be wearing something warmer then?" He inquired with a thick French accent.

Vincent responded with a laboured sigh and cast a gaze in the bartender's direction. Bart got the message loud and clear. With a shrug he turned around and pulled the bottle of whiskey from the shelf. Half of it had already vanished, quite a bit of it down Vincent's throat. He opened his mouth to speak but swallowed the first syllable immediately. Bart knew when his patrons wanted a friendly chat, and this man he was serving drinks to today seemed to appreciate the silence more than idle chatter. Quietly he poured a glass for Vincent, and one for himself. Vincent smiled, accepted the drink and both men quietly sipped their drink after clinking their glasses.

"Appreciate it, old man. Until next time, maybe." Vincent said while paying his dues. The bartender laughed and without saying another word both men parted.

It was about time.

All preparation were met. All but one. Vincent lacked a catalyst. His lifestyle permitted him a lot of resourceful contacts, but not those he needed. Magical artefacts were notoriously difficult to acquire if you weren't an official magus or had contacts with one of the magus families. It didn't matter.

The sun was about to set. The temperature was sinking even further, but Vincent stood atop that rooftop wearing a shirt and a black leather vest with a busted zipper. The cold bothered him none. All of his focus was drawn to the summoning circle before him. He began his chant with a low and raspy voice.

"I command thee. Thou shalt come forth to my side. Thy sword shalt control my fate."

The circle before him began to glow red. The wind intensified around him.

"Abiding by the Holy Grail's haven, if thou accedest to this will and reason, then answer me. I hereby swear, I will be the embodiment of good in the eternal world. I will be the disposer of evil in the eternal world."

Vincent paused. He hesitated for but a moment, but in that moment he tapped into the raging fire burning inside him, his calm chanting grew more forceful as he brought forth his undying rage with every word. As he did, the circle ignited in flames before him.

"But let chaos cloud thine eyes. Thou who art trapped in a cage of madness; and I, who doth hold thy chains. Thou, clad with the great trinity, come forth from the circle of constraint!"

Paris
Location unknown

Ah, Paris, the City of…Wonders? Democracy? Or the City of…Paris? He has to care, but should he? After the attack of Paris by the terrorists, it was hard to not sympathize with them, though it is different with what happened at Ukraine - vastly different. At least in that attack, no magic happened, as far as he knew. On the other hand, it would make his moves more difficult to not notice, with him being Muslim and all.

Stefan arrived at the city, alone. Airlines were very hard to him, since he didn’t really like to use airplane as a means of transportation unless there was no other way. And frankly, ships and trains took more time, something he didn’t have. The time, not the money. Eventually however, he would make a mark on Paris not just as a visitor, but as a victor, a winner, a champion.

In all honesty, he should already have had a place to stay prepared. After all, a good Master should always have a place to stay, to plan for their next move, for the closer step towards their victory. Victory not just for him, but an ultimate victory for all of the Muslim magi and the ultimate loss for the non-Muslim. His goal may have looked alarmingly extreme and terrorist-like, but it was not - to him at least. It was just a well-intentioned goal with very-not-so-good steps on how to do it. A motivation is important for a person; to Stefan it was a matter of intent, not methods.

For the summoning ritual, a circle needed to be made. A Sihr practitioner would not find making it to be a hard time. The hard part comes from the catalyst - without it, one has no control over what Servant is summoned, as the Holy Grail itself selects it. Fortunately he had one and he can call upon his selected servant at his will. The circle had been drawn, and Stefan chanted a summoning spell. A knife serves as the catalyst. He knew who would be summoned, as the knife was (supposedly) owned by a well-known prospective member of the Assassin class. Someone just like him: Well-intentioned but in no way nice in doing what was needed. Now with the catalyst and the spell ready, the summoning ritual began.

A flash of light, a blast of smoke, and a Servant appeared before him.

Servants, Masters, Runes, Magecraft; all of this was somehow familiar, and yet exotic for the man with the red scarf. It had only been fifteen some years ago when he’d witnessed something horrific, though strangely… enticing. He had witnessed the murder of his parents. It was all so long ago when the man and woman had been killed, though it was fresh in his mind, still vibrant in the striking red, and the brilliant flame that had produced it. It was still warm, the spot of blood dripping on his cheek from what had been his father. His mother’s horrified screams at the unexpected murder of his father. And it had all started so innocently-- with a knock on the door.

The man with the red scarf and the oval spectacles, then a boy, had been quietly sitting, obediently waiting to be sent to bed by his loving mother and father, who he now recognized as traitors and cruel, heartless humans. Then, curiously, a knock on the door. His father, who had been reading the paper set his reading material down on the table before him, briskly moving over to the door. He grasped the handle, his face quizzical, as it was late at night. Who could it be, at this hour? Would be his last thoughts as he turned the knob, and opened the door. He was greeted by death.

On the front of the door was a strange, intricate symbol with its grooves glowing a warm yellow, and as his father began to greet the stranger in the doorway, a sudden burst of flame and smoke flung him back, his arm a mere stump and his body and face charred. Scarlet blood, still warm, fluttered from the severed limb, splattering on the wall, the door, and the poor child with the red scarf and the oval spectacles and the mop of dull brown hair. The man in the doorway was silent, save a click of a hammer as the child’s mother swiftly dashed into the room, only to scream mortified at the sight of her brutalized beloved. She turned to the man in the doorway with the eyes of a furious hawk, and she raised her hands. Flame sprouted from the gaps in her fingers, and she let off names at him. The man in the doorway merely smiled, and raised the gun. His finger was swift, and the bullet was swifter. With the hollow sound of a silenced pistol, the bullet punched a clean hole through the child’s mother.

The child with the red scarf and oval spectacles and the mop of dull brown hair was now alone. Alone in this newfound world of his. This strange, exotic land of Magecraft. One full of Runes, Servants, Masters, betrayal and intrigue that was so unlike his own simple life. He was all alone in this newfound land of magic. Then in came the man in the doorway, The boy with the red scarf and the oval spectacles and the mop of a dull brown hair was no longer alone.

Now, fifteen some years later, the boy was a man named Drasko. Drasko Aljosa Jankovic, to be precise, was an esteemed Magus specializing in the art of Runes, like his mentor before him. The mentor who had fallen to the corruption of magic. He sat in his Paris residence, a suite he’d inherited from his former mentor, smiling at his handiwork-- the entire suite was covered in a collection of carefully concealed runes, designed to detonate at a precise moment. That moment when the person stepped into it would be their last. The entire suite would explode, and be blamed on the acts of a terrorist cell that had never even existed.

Of course, in his suite, which was rather homey, having sepia toned walls, hardwood floors and simple, yet cozy furniture, and the small gas fireplace by which sat a small sofa, Drasko gave a slight yawn of boredom. It was amazing what a bit of deception could do, especially when one such as Drasko had access to dozens of identities and accounts. Preparing his residence for the upcoming war had been tedious, with each of the dozen trigger runes having taken a fair bit of mana, and the actual summoning circle being a colossal use of time that destroyed any plans he’d had that day. Of course, Drasko was a man who prefered bad news before the good. Especially if it was interesting news.

He’d decided to set his entire life’s goal on the one thing that truly mattered to him-- avenging his parents. Of course, that’s what one should say. In reality, Drasko didn’t want to do anything. His days were boring and uneventful. Dull, if you will. He would much prefer to be carousing around the museum where he’d found this specific asset rather than implementing it in this sort of plan. He knew that there would be blood, and he loved blood. Blood was interesting. It was simultaneously gruesome and beautiful, warm and cold. Then again, that was likely the reason the man in the doorway took interest in the young boy. Drasko gave a thin smile of amusement. Ah, how his life had changed, he thought pulling a carton of cigarettes out of his jacket, pulling one of the tubes and placing it gently in his lips as he set the carton back in its pocket. With a click and a flash of flame, the cigarette was lit.

The man in the red scarf gave off a light sigh as he squatted down next to the complex figure he’d drawn with chalk over his once nice floorboards. It was the last few moments, now. The last few moments before I throw my life away for… for what? For honor? For some parents I barely remember? Or is it for the man who saved me from the abyss? Or is it for myself? He thought, wiping the chalk dust off of his oval spectacles. If it is for myself, does that make me a traitor? I vowed to stop the corruption, but must I become part of the corruption itself in order to destroy it?

If I die, will anyone remember?
With that, he placed the glasses back in their perch. He then spun, rolling the case containing the stolen hat. Still, I do feel rather bad for the man I took this from. He did pay… what was it? 2.4 million USD? Yeah. Ah well, mine now. He placed the odd looking hat into the circle, and began to summon, a slight twinkle in his eyes. This is getting interesting. I’ll have to stick around to see the ending.

Using magic was always a strange, surreal sensation for the bespectacled man, whether it be summoning a Servant, writing a rune, or casting a spell, it always felt the same. It feeled as if he was breaking the rules, doing something he shouldn’t, it was like the adrenaline rush you get when you’re in a fight, exhilarating yet exhausting. Oh yes, Drasko was very much looking forwards to the coming war. Not only would there be blood, but there would be people, museums, secrets and other things interesting. This-- this would be fun.

Yuzhi Sung Weng

Edge of Paris, France
18 January 2016-

Droplets of rain trickled down my neck as I jogged out of the train's sliding doors to find myself out on an eerily empty street.

Giving the briefest of glances at my second-hand G-Shock I took noted of the time.
7:00pm?! I was more than a dozen minutes late!

Seemingly not giving a care in the world about the concrete, potentially slippery surface beneath me I increased my pace. Soon I had arrived at my expected destination, a dirty apartment block with series of cracked glass windows.

Ignoring the ominous, dark aura the place exuded in my eyes I walked right inside. The first thing that I took notice of once inside was the horrible stench flowing freely around the building.

Ugh, someone needs to get this place spring-cleaned or soon there'll be death by smell in this neighbourhood I silently remarked in my bald head as I made my way through the pest-infested corridors to Room 25.

Upon reaching the correct door I was already feeling nauseous. Wishing to never return back to this place once I finished my business here my hands tapped the specific 5 times on the fading turquoise-coloured door I acutely heard the familiar sound of several locks being unlocked before the door swung open.

A plump, short man in a white singlet carpet bombed by food.

Giving me that look he scolded me in English as that was the language arranged beforehand, "How the heck are you late?! You told me you were on schedule last time I rang you!"

"Well, uh... there was this 75% off Bargain Day sale at this Japanese diner down by..."

Not giving me time to finish my sentence the fattie continued, "So you have the 300 bucks? 'Cos here are the old diary papers from your majesty, Joan of frickin Arc, purchased legally of course from this...auction."

His chubby fingers displayed in a visible, plastic folder several crumpled, yellowed sheets that were covered in neat yet fading rows of fancy French writing which of course I did not understand. My trusting nature held me back from questioning the dealer further about the papers.

"Alright, here is your fee. Thank you very much my good sir!" I smiled in joy with a bow to the man.

Grinning at the notes he held in his hands he handed me the papers without giving them a last look. A moment later I was finally back on the train with the sheets tucked safely inside my Nike bag.

Hotel Swinton

I strode down the streets of nighttime Paris with a feeling of accomplishment. After months I had at last tracked down some old belongings of the great Joan of Arc which I planned to use as Catalyst for the Summoning.

Many of my spare time when I was not training or working odd jobs was spent solely on research about her. It had been my aim to procure a Servant of the heroic and pure calibre and tonight it looks like my efforts have come to fruition.

Soon my hand twisted my hotel room's doorknob, allowing me access inside. Entering and turning on the lights in my modest costing room I set my stuff down onto a circular, wooden table by the living room.

Checking the time I saw that it was 8:30pm, enough time for a fruit salad and fish dinner as well as at least 50 minutes of mixed training before bed.

Next Morning, 6pm

Having woken I prepared breakfast for myself. It was still quite early but I did not feel like wasting any more time...

After my stomach was satisfied I immediately began work, removing a couch and armchair from the living room to create a space. When a moment had passed I surveyed my work and deemed it enough, enough for the Summoning ritual to begin.

20 minutes later...

With the Circle having been painstakingly drawn up with me not wanting to even miss a single detail out I had placed what was supposed to be Joan of Arc's diary entries on the Circle.

Stepping back I twisted my body around to withdraw an ancient Chinese scroll from my sports bag.

I was not nervous to be honest but then again I never really was nervous thanks to my masters of course. Opening the scroll I looked down upon the symbols of old then began my chanting.

My gosh, I'm going to meet Joan of Arc! I squealed inside my head much like a young girl would over Christmas presents.

As the Circle began to glow I had already began pondering about the proper introduction to the legendary hero and when a figure began to appear I said in my most dignified voice with a bow, assuming that this was the great Joan of Arc, "I honestly am honoured to meet such an esteemed person as you, m'lady."

Marcus looked down at the summoning circle, trembling with anticipation. With his parents, Liam and Mary, standing behind him watching, Marcus reached back behind him and pulled out a dirty black cloth. Dropping it into the circle, he evoked the magic within the runes that lined the floors, walls, even his own arms and face. "This should do it..." he muttered to himself, as the runes, carvings, and paintings around the room began to glow with a deep red light. Lightning began crackling across the floor. Moments later, a bright light flashed and in the center of the circle a woman appeared. The woman was well dressed, in a style of fashion that hadn't been seriously worn in centuries. She stood, her face twisted into what appeared to be a smile, but presented in such a way that it felt like a cruel grimace.

"You don't look like much," she said, slightly taller than Marcus himself, but that may have been attributed to her ostentatious headwear or tall boots. "Are you sure you're worthy of my service?"

Marcus steeled himself, standing strong as he stared at the spirit with an intense gaze despite his faltering words. "Honestly, I'm not sure." One could hear the *SMACK* of face to palm as his father behind him groaned with disappointment. But as Marcus continued to speak, he became more confident in his son's ability. "To be worthy is something you can't quite quantify. An action that I value may not align with what you think. But, what I do know is, that I summoned you and ask for your aid. Join me, spirit, because I plan to change this world. And I cannot do it without your help. Will you join me, Marcus Brannon, in taking the Holy Grail?" Marcus offered his hand, and to that the spirit scoffed.

"Well, at least from this I can see that your dedication wont deter you." The spirit returned the handshake, and from their shared grip white light began to glow.

"Marcus....I accept you as my master. You may call me... Rider."

Basement, Abandoned Building

The Root, the end goal of every knowledge-seeking magister. The rediscovery of true magic had been a lifelong goal for the great families of Europe. Magisters spent their entire lives, even resorting to the twisted damnation of becoming a Lost Apostle to prolong themselves, just to obtain access to the source of miracle, and all the power that came with it. Some may do it out of further motives, but others did so just for the sake of it. To that end, one family forged a means to access it, to regain the Third Magic they had once mastered.
From that day forward, my life, and the lives of those I hold dear, were cursed...

Deep within the cellar of a ruined shell of a building, a solitary figure, hidden under the dark recesses by her purple cloak, had been etching on the floor for hours. Her snow white hair and pale skin clear in the few shafts of moonlight reaching the cellar, her sweat glistened as she focused intently on her work. A ritual circle etched in a hexagram, she took one last check at her measurements as she stepped back to observe. At the center, a lone, modified gun, a Thompson Contender, sat idle in wait, as if the centerpiece of a spell that would shake the world apart.

Heaving a breath as she steadied herself, she began to in a resolute, solemn voice. A strange shudder began to reverberate on the floor as she began her long chant. Light flickered on the ground as the circle began to glow with an intense white shade. Carefully scripted, the chant that had been drummed into her for so long now echoed in its empty halls to an unseen witness, ready to be called to stage.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let tribute be paid to the Holy Maiden Justeaze.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.
Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.
An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.
From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

Suddenly, the circle before her exploded in a wave of mana, the ley line beneath surging forth as the ritual reached its climax. Winds bellowed out from its epicenter as the hapless summoner was forced to shield herself from the gusts with her arms. Lifted off her feet, she found herself tossed to the wall as the a powerful wave of wind and mana threw her off balance. Finally, as the turbulance of the summoning died down, she could finally make out the outline of a figure in the light.

"F-Father..." she uttered weakly, her blurred vision unable to identify her Servant. As her eyes finally regained focus, she made out the appearance of the figure standing before her. A pang of disappointment sank in as she found no trace of the familiar coat or stubbled beard she longed for after so long. It had been a desperate try - to summon the original Magus Killer to aid her in the Holy Grail War. But by now, the last of the fallen Einzbern family was used to failure, and this one was a personal failure she had long expected, though not one in terms of her long term goal.

"Who are you?..." she uttered, trying to make out the facade of her Servant. Shielding her eyes, she could see the pattern formed on her hand in full; her command seals signifying her as a Master, a combatant in a life-and-death match with only one winner...

Forêt de Fausses-Reposes
Parisian suburbs
20 January 2016
1:55 AM

It was a grisly sight.

Two people had been murdered in a forest on the outskirts of Paris, in a small clearing of trees. One shot to the chest of each victim, both male, both dead from the shot. They were then decapitated and buried at an angle, so their neck was almost flush with the ground - with their heads placed on their necks. The Police Nationale had found the scene around noon that day. Somehow, no-one had heard it - most likely due to it being fairly out of the way, despite the large caliber of the firearm used - .30-06 Springfield, commonly used in long guns and older American military firearms. No-one had reported it prior to being found either, which was even more odd, but not unheard of - preliminary autopsy reports indicated that the two men had died at around 3 in the morning. And even the City of Light was dark at that time. The forests at its edge were all but dead hours before that.

Brigadier Richard Leon stood near the edge of the marked-off crime scene. He was one of the few police officers still left. Actually, he was the only person left. Onlookers had left hours ago, and the other police officers followed suit at around 11 PM. Any evidence in the area had already been removed to safer, cleaner locations. The bodies, too were gone - the only sign they were even there was the disturbed soil where they were once buried, and the stains of blood around the holes where their necks protruded from the ground.

Always meticulous about crime scenes, he was giving it another once-over to make sure that he and the rest of the Paris Police Prefecture hadn't missed anything. As he expected, he hadn't found much. Fragments of polycarbonate from one of the victim's glasses lens; but they already had the frame and most of the two lenses. He collected them regardless, just to err on the side of caution.

He lifted his right pant leg, examining the intricate set of lines and angles on his leg. To his comrades in the police force, they were just an interesting tattoo. But to him, they were the Magic Crest of the Leon family, of which he was the lone survivor. His parents... made a lot of enemies. None on the side of the law of course, either within the Mage's Association or France, but they made enemies nonetheless, and they were killed when he was still very young. He was taken in to live with a distant, mundane uncle in Paris, his only memento of them their Crest - they had put it on him at an unusually early age in order to ensure that their knowledge would continue after their deaths. Sadly, it did not. Richard Leon may have known about thaumaturgy, and may have been able to know it when he saw it, but he was fully incapable of it, having never studied actually performing it. He knew there were a few places he could look to do so, people he could ask to teach him, but he had never gotten the chance. Life always seemed to get in the way of that, even now when he had free time of his own.

A glimmer in the corner of his eye caught his attention. Turning to look, he noticed something shining on the ground beneath a bush a few meters away - well outside the designated crime scene, but close enough to possibly be considered relevant - depending on what it was.

He approached the bush, expecting to find a glass bottle or some other bit of refuse - the French weren't always the cleanest of Europeans, and partygoing French even less so.

Instead, he saw what looked like a golden sheath, half-buried in dirt. Clearly whoever buried it was in a hurry, as he easily pulled it out. Upon further inspection, it appeared to be only partially gold - it had stripes of blue glass enamel, with some writing in a strange language on one side, and leather padding on the inside of incredibly high quality. Thinking it would be a waste to leave it there (and that it may have something to do with the double homicide), he picked up the (surprisingly lightweight) scabbard and turned to return to his car. He stopped midturn when he noticed something else out of the corner of his eye - a circle of faint light off to his left, in an exceptionally dense bit of the forest.

This warranted genuine suspicion. It was too perfect a circle to be from glow sticks, too focused to be chemical, too organized to be natural, and too continuous to be LEDs. The only thing that could produce such continuous, organized light with only a vertical 'glow' that did not spread was mana emissions.

And that shifted the crime from odd to interesting. And something that would likely go unsolved - in the very few cases where magecraft was involved in a crime, the investigations usually came to an abrupt end due to 'orders from higher up in the chain of command', meaning the government cooperating with the Mage's Association to cover it up.

As he approached it with the scabbard in hand, the glow intensified in brightness until he was standing almost directly over it. Here, the light was as strong as a spotlight, and it intensified the closer the scabbard itself was to it.

Richard gingerly put the scabbard in the center of the circle before backing away at precisely 2 in the morning on the 20th of January, 2016.

Light exploded from the circle with the intensity of a flashbang as smoke and air followed. Richard was knocked to the ground from the force of the wind, though it was not enough to knock him out.

A rune spell? No... this was a summoning circle... a very powerful summoning circle...

A young woman, clothed in armor, stood before him in the center of the circle.

She seemed to bore into him with her cold, green eyes as she pointed a sword of wind at him.

"I ask of you... are you my Master?"

Richard's palm met his face with surprising force, enough to make the woman jump slightly.

The Holy Grail War. Of all the things to get wrapped up in, I had to pick the single worst thing possible to get wrapped up in.

He stood up, brushing himself off as he held out her hand to her.

"I am Richard Leon, Brigadier of the French National Police, Parisian Prefect. I suppose I am your Master, as I activated your summoning circle."
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:07 pm

She was resting on her chair, admiring the setting sun. Her life was complete, her son now, a fine young man, a grown leader. Her days were well spent, her life a myth among the people. The people who respected her, who lived for her. They who served her well, she would serve them well too. However, deep inside, she was filled with regret. With bitter resentment at the gods, who took so much from her, who asked so much of her. She has achieved greatness, but at what price?

The sun began to disappear as it settled into the horizon, the woman gave a sigh. She could feel her life drifting away, ever since her husband died. He was a great man, one who made it possible for her to become who she was. Finally, she could feel her husband's presence, she could hear his call. The shadow crept up to her as the Sun disappeared, and soon, the woman was falling.

Falling.

Falling into a bottomless hole, until her hand gripped onto something solid as she landed on a surface. A pole, no a spear. No... a Naginata. The touch of the weapon seemed to grant her power, as she felt her vitality return, the youthful spring in her step. The step which led her to immortality, even as she saw herself entombed in a place of honour, even as she saw herself on the banknotes used by millions of people.

Opening her eyes, the woman found herself in a small room, the smoke just beginning to clear. Surrounded by secured seats and small windows, she could feel the bumping of the plane as it fought minor turbulence, as the plane slowly realigned itself towards it's destination. A lady stood in front of her, dressed in a simple outfit of white and black, with a red overcoat supplementing her fashion style. The woman could appreciate fashion regardless of the era, and this outfit seemed to be good enough for the lady who was holding on to the table.

The woman lightly rested the naginata on the floor, as she observed her own clothing. Her long red hair was secured by a black ribbon, and the pair of shorts seemed to match the long-sleeved shirt which her figure settled comfortably in. Not that she had much of a choice, but one which she was happy enough with. All these little things could be settled in due time, for this was her chance. Her chance to change Fate, her chance to challenge history.

"I have heard the Summons, I have answered the Call." The woman said, her voice full of confidence, her words following a regal style of speech. "I ask of you, Lady who stands before me. Are you the one who summoned me? Are you the one who I shall pledge my Lance to?"
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:00 am

How does one weight a life, we are all taught that life is irreplaceable. Something to be treasured, spend in the company of others be it friends, lovers and family. But what does one do when such moral lines no longer exist. What does one do when the value of a life becomes as skewed and as expendable as the empty soda can one drinks while in company of their friends on a hot summers day.
No that's not true... The reality of it was that life always had held no value save to the mindset of the seeker. The struggles of the unseen day to day life, those who took their birthrights for granted, those who lost everything on a bad decision or gamble. The world was full of such cases of humanity gone wrong and it was just the simple nature of fact.

And these hardening truths ever more present for Phyllis Getty, an unknown young woman of who came from an entirely different parallel universe through the usage of powerful second magic done through the Moon Cell. For Phyllis who stood outside one of the many salvation army locations with a pink ticket which allowed her for a meal and bed for the oncoming night. Her life only a few months ago was one severely different from how she now looked as she kept herself a little warmer in a lightly winterized white jacket, but of course when you leave your own universe what you carry on you is what you had.

To this day still she didn't entirely know why she had made that wish, or why she had forgotten to include in that the wish to take her partner with her. Maybe it was the shocking revelation on the truth of their stagnate world, maybe it was her past as her once kind grandfather practically kidnapped her under the sake of adoption and taught her the secrets of the family. But the question still remained how did this young woman not even out of school manage to end up homeless and in an entirely different universe.
That answer was the brutal "Holy Grail Wars" that she fought for on the moon for seven brutal weeks. Something that should have regularly been impossible. But the Grail Wars left there mark on Phyllis, In watching the people around her vanish from existence entirely, in learning the horrible truth.

But in the end that past no longer mattered as she slowly walked towards the entrance. For a moment she looked to her hand, that pale Caucasian toned white hand which bore what could only be called a striking crimson Tattoo. An eternal reminder of her act on the moon, of her victory and its trials of the people she made to cease to exist. Her three unused command seals...
[url]s1191.photobucket.com/user/Kawaiimaekr/media/Fate_Prototype_Command_Spell_07.png.html[/url]

As she stared at her hand she bitterly chewed on her lower lip until she broke the flesh and tasted iron pooling. As she let the pain wash over her she desperately peeled her eyes away from that cursed image on her body and looked away. She was looking for something... anything that could gain her attention for a length of time where she could forget about that mark. But as if cruelly mocking her there was nothing other then then the absent passing of others as the line moved. Quickly she swallowed the pooling blooding her mouth and then sighed as she felt some dribble out of her mouth and down her face to which she quickly wiped it away with her jackets sleeve dirtying it.

As she passed the entrance and handed away her ticket she was thankful as she lined up for her meager meal which was a full baguette, a bowl of hearty stew and an apple. As she sat down in what could be called a crowded mess hall she began eatting while pondering on what she would do for tomorrow. She could hit the day labourers office for work but as she ate her mind kept finding itself back onto her lost servant.
If she was still here maybe she wouldn't be homeless, of course she could always go to the clock tower or the mages association, with her story she could likely gain entrance under a sealing designation, but then her newfound life would be over. But with no papers or identification getting out of the country was already hard enough as is. Although she could use her magic to manipulate them but it left a bad aftertaste to her for some reason.

As the night crawled onward and her meal was soon behind her, she took to her bed early intending to sleep the night way. But once more her mind was distraught with the thoughts of her lost servant to the point where sleep was going to be impossible. In anger she clicked her tongue and then left her bed and walked out of the shelter, of course the guards intended to stop her but she quickly put an end to that resistance by hypothesizing the guards on her way out while altering their perception and short term memory so she could leave.

As she walked the streets once more alone in a city of lights she sighed. Her final usage had drained her of her remaining prana and since her last offering she had only held for a few days she looked at her fingers which were lightly bandaged... she was going to have to sacrifice more of her blood again and so she sighed once more while walking passing others who were unfortunate enough to not find themselves within a warm bed tonight. As she passed by them a sick thought passed through her mind... if she set up a small barrier using a quick sacrificial offering of her own blood, she could use one of them to replace her empty prana reserves... it not like anyone would miss one of the homeless, right?

However as she stared at the lights of Paris she quickly shook her head and started to run gripping quickly at her jacket over her chest...
What was she thinking, to use a person as a way for her to restore her prana to maximum. Had the Grail Wars affected her this much that she saw other people as nothing more then... nothing more then a reserve tank?.
As Phyllis ran she didn't know were her feet took her as she absent mindedly ran, soon however she was in an unfamiliar area. As she walked alone she suddenly found herself falling tripping over a broken curb and onto the street with a small gasp of forced air expelling from her lungs while the sound of glass and metal lightly skidded across concrete as her glasses tried to run away.

Maybe it was what you could call "Fate", As Phyllis was slowly pulling herself from the ground while looking for her glasses while the sound of footsteps moving closer sounded. A blur moved bending and then held out a familiar looking pair of glasses... Her glasses. Quickly Phyills grabbed then and lightly replaced them back on her face after examining various new scratches that would need to be fixed later.
However the one who had retrieved her glasses for her was an old man, his face withered from the elements. His hair while unruly was combed alittle and his body was covered in heavy clothing. but his smile was one of a gentile nature as he spoke lightly but carefully as if he was choosing his words before hand.

"That was quite the tumble, never seen such a pretty girlie take such a ruff tumble... Ah you've cut yourself, come to my shop I can spare a few bandages. And take a look at my wares never know you might fine something you like."

As Phyllis wondered what the man was talking about she lightly brought her right hand to her forehead and carefully felt around with the tips of her fingers and found them slightly gliding as blood dripped out of her. The cut itself was shallow but the last thing she needed was an infection so she willingly followed the man to his shop.
It wasn't what you could call a proper shop as she sat down onto a rolled out blanket with various objects placed around. watches, battery, tissue packages, Dubious looking water, woven brackets and feathers. It was obvious that the man was a peddler as Phyllis quickly sat down on her butt and waited as the old man pulled out a small medical kit and a brown bottle of hydrogen peroxide. I was tempted to retort that the chemical compound doesn't actually work on wounds but i kept to myself as he took out a cotton swab and lightly poured the chemical on and started wiping at the sides of my wound.

The stinging was unbearable as her vision was quickly blurred by tears from pain and annoying throbbing as he cleaned the wound and put on polysporin onto a bandage and applied it to the cut. As he lightly patted me on my shoulder while flashing me a kind smile full of yellowing teeth. Phylliss quickly took a look at his wares while pulling out her wallet after kindly being treated, the least she could do was buy something. And as she looked at the wares she soon found herself drawn strangely to a small bottle which contained what she could only say was an insect's wing and yet it felt almost magical. Quickly Phyllis picked the bottle up and stared hard at it until lightly asking what the price was.

"Ha ha i've had that thing for a long time Missy... honestly i'd be glad to give it to yah for free, but if you really want to pay I bought it from a German for ten euros back then so give me a twenty."
Phyllis stared at the bottle even more intently and then quickly pulled out three bills from her wallet and over paid the strange vendor giving him thirty instead with a smile before happily bringing the strange wing up towards the lights. With a purchase done Phyllis and the vendor started talking back and forth about various things until a few hours happily passed. As Phyllis left the Vendor waving and promising to come back on her next paycheqe. She found herself once more wandering as she looked at the insect wing with a smile, As she silently walked she found herself drawn to a park as the chilly air lightly blew around her at her exposed hands. she Found herself looking at the old park its structures made of wood block off with a perimeter of soft sand and small stones, a small hill and field full of short grass.
that sight reminded her of home, a home so far away it was out of her reach, a home where she happily played with children of her own age while riding bikes, playing tag and talking about boys.

"It's so beautiful..."

Phyllis found herself lost in the sight and lost grip on her newly acquired bottle and heard the glass shatter as it came in contact with the stones. Sighing in angst Phyllis bent down to at least retrieve the wing until a rush a wind blew it from her outstretched fingers and out of her reach.
she was further annoyed and felt loss, not only at her money but at the pretty insect wing that blew away with the wind. As she gripped her hands into a fists and squeezed her eyelids shut, she cursed letting out what little recovered Prana she had gained in blind anger...

But as Phyllis opened her eyes as a scorching pain rushed through her right hand. She stared instinctively shivering as a cold wind blew past her as she watched the three command seals engraved upon her body glow brightly to the point were they hurt to look at and made her weak in the knees. However as she looked away from her hand before her eyes something appeared on the field nearby which which made her wish to scream... It was a scene she had known once before months ago...
No there was a difference to the "chapel" she had once found herself in when she was on the "Moon". But the engraved pattern forming was the same.

It was a Summoning circle, as the wind started to blow wildly around her which kicked up her black hair, which made her skirt blow wildly in the wind exposing her underwear. But for Phyllis as her body trembled a singular thought rushed through her mind.

"WHY! Why is a Summoning here? No... it can't be..."

But as the circle continued to drain her prana away establishing a link the light continued to build as silvery luminous orbs floated skyward.
The light built until Phyllis was forced to shield her eyes, but with a trembling voice she spoke her servants true name. The servant that she had known, had fought with in grueling battle, that servant who was the Avatar of Amaterasu, she who became the Killing stone of Nara upon her death after facing a rain of arrows that claimed her life on the same fields.

"Tamamo-no-Mae Is... Is that you?"

However as the light dimmed and started to vanish. Phyllis opened her eyes and peered into the summoning circle and then found her hopes utterly destroyed. What was before her was not the quirky fox girl who was known by the class of "Caster". It was not her weak but beloved partner that she had known and fought with... but a being eclipsed entirely in red and black armor. However while drained Phyllis could feel the solid link between her and this... Thing...

And so Phyllis spoke her voice cracking, but her body trembling in anger at the being who had taken her partners place!
but as angry as she was she knew what situation she had now found herself in, which awful war she was once again participating in.

"Which Class are you?."

And so Phyllis... No; Kaia Phyllis Getty, has found the past she thought she left behind clicking into motion once again...
The Nare [FT]/Shattered Day Enterprise's [FT]
2015 P2TM Nominated for Best School-based RP character
There is no Neo Orb. Only "The Nare". Unless its MT.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:40 am

Berserker: Yuzhi Sung Weng

The Circle began to wrap around itself, interlock, spin, and glow. A powerful wind began to swirl around. The papers in the middle did not move though. They stuck still despite the unnatural winds surrounding them, as if they were within the eye of a storm, a vacuum, everflowing. Then, a beam of light erupted from the center, piercing the papers and lighting them on fire and into ash.

Soon a large man began to emerge from the circle. His body seemed to have been raised up by his back. His arms flailed limply at his side as he was ripped out in an unconscious state. He then took to life like a snoring soldier out of bed. His body took to an unearthly yawn, which could be heard along with his bones that seemingly popped into motion. The noise had an organic crack to it, which seemed so raw and unfettered. His eyes woke into motion as he scoped out his newer setting. His body had floated upward a couple of feet off the ground before planting downward. His mind raced with information of the modern era. This was his new world, his new sphere.

“I honestly am honoured to meet such an esteemed person as you, m'lady.” His new master remarked.

“yes, I am honoured to meet your acquaintance as well, m’lady,” he returned with a most formal bow. This man was Beserker, a dignified gentleman on occasions. He wore a deep purple suit and white ascot. His hair was golden and long, with a refined eyes and vision. His hands were long and slightly bony. He wore a black vest beneath his suit jacket. He was definitely a “he,” though, which was most likely a disappointment. His legs were particularly long as well, coupled with a pair of black shoes that matched his appearance to a letter. His bow had a refinement that gave him less of a noble air, and more of a scholarly air. An intelligent man, was he, and so he said, “I am your humble servant and class: Berserker.”

Yuzhi's eyebrows rose up momentarily before dropping back down. His mind was in chaos currently, though his body stood unflinching, screaming how was it that a fancy man appeared instead of a mighty female knight. Realising that he had to respond accordingly or risk being thought of as rude Yuzhi bowed, "I, uh, am Yuzhi Sung Weng. Pleased to meet you."

Yuzhi gave a distant pause. He had a slight clench to his composure. This man, a man beyond his hopes and expectations, was a mystery to him. He hoped that this man was no threat, though, Berserker seemed almost too regal for his title. It left a question that hung in the air. His mind raced with concerns. "May I inquire of your background my good sir?" he added, almost in conversation.

The Berserker knew it best to calm his nerves. He rose from his bow with a silent which made it as if he had made no movement. Had he actually made a movement, there would have been a sound, right? Yet, he betrayed that notion with his regality. Berserker was filled with japes, but knew that no jape would soften his frightened eyes. He began a boisterous show of his good faith.

"Oh yes," he stated, "I am sorry, my liege, partner, master; but my name, I wish were secret. This game, as I have been brought in to, has often shown the dangers of one's name. Many cultures even believe that one's true name can destroy him... if known by one who wishes to do as such. I do place my trust in you, but I feel that if you knew my name... you would show only disgust, for I am a man of tragedy."

Yuzhi curled his lip when the man declined to proper introductions. The young man felt disappointment and began to have doubts of whether this person would indeed be a suitable Servant especially with his hopes of procuring Joan of Arc dashed by this mysterious man…

“So be it so,” he says with a microscopic smile across his lips, “that I am a sad soul, a truly sad soul. I was a kind-hearted troubadour whose love was not of a singular lady, but of a country. My country was imperfect, though. I saw that there were problems, nay enemies! Enemies which existed in the heart and from outside of the heart of my land. I had appropriated a group of men to assist me in my quest. We went against the most vicious and villainous: those who discriminated against the weak and impoverished and those who went against out country and people. I trusted my men with my life!

“yet, my trust was misplaced. They grew paranoid! They placed a magnanimous curse upon my being. They afflicted me in such a way as to split my mind into halves. My mind was divided and destroyed. Even now a madness encroaches in on me! I wished for only goodness in this world, yet they sought greed! It takes all of my faculties to even ward off the parasite which has found manifest in my very soul. I wish it be gone, yet even that is impossible. The holy grail has sought fit that this curse become part of my being. Is it not quixotic? How much I still pine for freedom… equality… justice, yet I am not able to free my self from this affliction? I find only partial solace in the fact that your seals may arm you from my misplaced mind. I died with this curse!

“Yet the Grail has seen to give me a second chance! A chance to bring all that I have intended to rebirth! I can finally, with your help, bring a world of wealth and greed no more! I mean,” he looked over at the boy and quickly associated him with Buddhism and Taoism, by his apparel, before continuing on, “is that not why I was reborn? Reincarnated? I can ascend all to a Nirvana, as you may call it, on Earth.”
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:40 am

Life seems to just go on when your spirit is undying. Most people assume that death is the true end or that you end up in some unseen place, but when your spirit is chosen by the Holy Grail, you don't have to worry about such things. She couldn't remember how long it has been since she first perished from the earth. She still remembered quite clearly the day she died. She could still smell the distinguishable aroma of blood and the battle cries of thousands of brave warriors long past. The one thing that really stuck to her was the moment she took her own life, poisoning herself on the battlefield like a coward. It was the defining moment that would haunt her for eternity. She never understood why she was chosen as a hero spirit after such an act of cowardice, perhaps she'll never know.

She sat at a seedy bar on the outskirts of Sydney, Australia, drinking away her sorrows. Unfortunately, as a Hero Spirit, getting drunk wasn't an option. This pissed her off a bit, but she still drank to for the feeling. After downing another shot of whiskey, the red head waved the bartender over to pour another shot. " That's you ten shot, sheila. You should be keeling over by now." The elderly bartender said as he poured her another shot. " Let's just say I can hold my liquor. Leave the bottle." She said in a thick Irish accent. She then downed the shot in one go. She looked over her shoulder to see a couple of drunk Aussies being extremely loud. She scowled at them before turning around and pouring herself another shot. She lifted the glass up and was about to drink when one the Aussies bumped into her, making her spill her booze.

" Watch where yer goin, ye feckin' eijit!" The red head yelled. " Piss off, ya potato eater!" The Aussie replied. She wasted no time retaliating to the insult. She sprang up from her stool and immediately decked the man in the face, knocking him to the floor. His buddies quickly ended their fun and slowly surrounded the Irish woman. She raised her hands to guard and prepared for one hell of a fight. Suddenly, her vision blurred and eventually got dark. The next thing she knew, she felt like she was falling. She reached her hands out to grab at whatever was there to break her fall. Her hand gripped something heavy and she felt a sudden surge of power that she hadn't felt in a while. What she held was the sword she used to kill thousands of Romans nearly two millennia ago. Her heart began to race and every muscle in her body pulsated. The surge of power made her feel like she could take on an entire army. At the same time, she felt her mind rip a little, as if at any moment she could go insane. When she opened her eyes, she was on a rooftop at night. She looked around at the busy city scape for a few moments before she felt a presence behind her. She quickly turned around to see a young man with fiery red hair. " Who the hell is yer skinny arse?!" She said as she gripped her sword tightly, ready for anything.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:12 am

All passengers should now secure their seat belts and place their seats in the upright position in preparation for landing. Oh and welcome to Paris.

“So this is it huh? I don’t really see what all the fuss is about. Sure is big though.”

Despite her ambivalent tone the girl looking down on the glittering tapestry of Paris from the window of her airplane was plainly excited, her eyes were wide with curiosity and her legs kicked rhythmically underneath her seat, as though she was having trouble keeping still.

Rebecca Goode, heiress to the greatest of the rapidly dwindling witchcraft families, had achieved a number of important milestones with this trip. It was her first time visiting a foreign country, her first time flying in a plane and her first time travelling alone. Indeed, it was the first time she had been allowed any degree of independence and separation from her overbearing family and her strict regime of training and study.

It was also the first time she would be competing in the Holy Grail War, though that was less surprising, very few people could say they had participated in such an event. After all very few people survived them to talk about it afterwards.

“Mmmm what kind of servant will I get?” wondered Rebecca dreamily, absentmindedly wrapping her hair braid around her finger. “Maybe an Archer? A Lancer? Or even a Beserker?”

A gleeful little smile stretched her delicate lips as Rebecca thought through the possibilities, one of her fingers found its way between her teeth and she bit down on the tip.

“Now that I think about it Sabre would definitely be best, mm hm. Watching the other masters squirm as the spells they spent so much time and anguish perfecting bounce right off it and then crushing them one. By. One. It’s… delicious!”

Rebecca’s feet kicked out together and her pink sneakers hit the seat in front of her, prompting the doughy, extravagantly mustached businessman in the seat to turn around (no small feat for him) and glare at her.

Rebecca simply tilted her head in a confused manner and when he turned around again stuck her tongue at his back before turning back to look out the window, her expression wistful.

“Ahhh, I really can’t wait any longer.”

7 Rue Cesselin

The french language had a way of making the mundane sound grandiose, or at least pretentious, Rebecca reflected as she held up the card with the address up to check it once more, confirming it first against the street sign a little behind her and then against the number of the of the aging, mostly white building in front of her.

This was definitely it, it might not be much but one of the rooms in this apartment building was hers. At least for the four months her family had rented it in and paid in advance for. Tucking the card with the address back into her satchel Rebecca pushed open the door and stepped in.

Rebecca’s French was rudimentary at best, but the receptionist, an ancient and tiny old woman who looked like she might crumble into dust if Rebecca spoke too loudly, had evidently been expecting her. After repeating her name and a combination of room, rent and already paid, the woman realised who she was and ushered her up two flights of cramped stairs that looked to be every bit as on their way out as their owner.

Finally the woman pulled out an old looking key and, with a certain amount of muttering and jiggling opened the door to one of the rooms before handing the key over to Rebecca and shuffling away without another word.

What a strange woman thought Rebecca, closing the door and turning the key firmly in the lock. Still it’s probably best that she isn’t the curious type, I don’t really want to be interrupted during the next stage.

two hours later...

Rebecca sighed and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, surveying her handiwork proudly.

A chest of drawers had been moved to sit in front of the door, serving the dual purpose of opening up a wide space in the middle of the room. That space was now taken up by an elaborate, circular pattern that had been painstakingly marked out with chalk, a summoning circle. In addition, although they were undetectable to the regular eye, Rebecca had cast two relatively simple spells. One affected the entire building and had lulled everyone inside without any magical ability into a deep sleep while the other affected only Rebecca’s room and served to sound proof it, keeping any noise made within the room inaudible to anyone outside of it.

Between these factors Rebecca was fairly certain she could perform the ritual in peace.

Rebecca went back to her bag and dug out a small package wrapped in silk and tied with cord, unwrapping it carefully and revealing its contents.
It was a grey, rather porous rock, although it might have been rough and jagged at one point age and many pairs of hands had worn it smooth. It was not a traditional relic, some might consider it barely a catalyst at all but the Goode family had had trouble getting their hands on anything more auspicious. Rebecca was reasonably confident the stone would suffice, although it was unclear which servant exactly it would produce.

Rebecca placed the stone carefully in the centre of the circle and closed her eyes before inhaling deeply, slowing and regulating her breathing to increase her concentration.

Then she began to chant. Ancient words imbued with meaning through countless hours of study, recital and meditation. Rebecca felt an odd tugging sensation as her mana was drawn out of her body and into the circle, causing it to glow with an eerie light as a light humming became audible.

As if in sympathy, the magic circuits embedded throughout Rebecca’s body began to glow as well, complex symbols and archaic lettering that trailed up her arms. As the glowing of the circle and her circuit intensified symbols could even be seen underneath her light shirt, running up and down her back.All at once the eerie light became a blinding flash and the humming reached a crescendo in pitch and volume, catching Rebecca to stumble backwards and fall heavily, eliciting a sharp, girlish gasp.

Rebecca blinked a couple of times, realising the light had interfered with her vision.

“Did it… work?” she wondered aloud, sounding a little dazed.
...!?!

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:Life seems to just go on when your spirit is undying. Most people assume that death is the true end or that you end up in some unseen place, but when your spirit is chosen by the Holy Grail, you don't have to worry about such things. She couldn't remember how long it has been since she first perished from the earth. She still remembered quite clearly the day she died. She could still smell the distinguishable aroma of blood and the battle cries of thousands of brave warriors long past. The one thing that really stuck to her was the moment she took her own life, poisoning herself on the battlefield like a coward. It was the defining moment that would haunt her for eternity. She never understood why she was chosen as a hero spirit after such an act of cowardice, perhaps she'll never know.

She sat at a seedy bar on the outskirts of Sydney, Australia, drinking away her sorrows. Unfortunately, as a Hero Spirit, getting drunk wasn't an option. This pissed her off a bit, but she still drank to for the feeling. After downing another shot of whiskey, the red head waved the bartender over to pour another shot. " That's you ten shot, sheila. You should be keeling over by now." The elderly bartender said as he poured her another shot. " Let's just say I can hold my liquor. Leave the bottle." She said in a thick Irish accent. She then downed the shot in one go. She looked over her shoulder to see a couple of drunk Aussies being extremely loud. She scowled at them before turning around and pouring herself another shot. She lifted the glass up and was about to drink when one the Aussies bumped into her, making her spill her booze.

" Watch where yer goin, ye feckin' eijit!" The red head yelled. " Piss off, ya potato eater!" The Aussie replied. She wasted no time retaliating to the insult. She sprang up from her stool and immediately decked the man in the face, knocking him to the floor. His buddies quickly ended their fun and slowly surrounded the Irish woman. She raised her hands to guard and prepared for one hell of a fight. Suddenly, her vision blurred and eventually got dark. The next thing she knew, she felt like she was falling. She reached her hands out to grab at whatever was there to break her fall. Her hand gripped something heavy and she felt a sudden surge of power that she hadn't felt in a while. What she held was the sword she used to kill thousands of Romans nearly two millennia ago. Her heart began to race and every muscle in her body pulsated. The surge of power made her feel like she could take on an entire army. At the same time, she felt her mind rip a little, as if at any moment she could go insane. When she opened her eyes, she was on a rooftop at night. She looked around at the busy city scape for a few moments before she felt a presence behind her. She quickly turned around to see a young man with fiery red hair. " Who the hell is yer skinny arse?!" She said as she gripped her sword tightly, ready for anything.

The flames receded and were eventually snuffed out by a freak gust of wind, leaving only a residual glow of embers on the ground, surrounding the delicate frame of a young woman. Her back was faced towards him, and she seemed to be looking out across the rooftops of the Parisian capital, likely trying to catch her bearing after being manifested here. Vincent noticed the sword in her hand, seemingly vibrating with power. He smirked; the woman that manifested in front of Vincent seemed less intimidating than he expected, but his gut feeling told him that whatever she lacked in appearance she'd make up with her abilities. His gut feeling was usually on the money.

There was some tension in the air. Master and Servant came face-to-face as Berserker turned around and addressed the man that had summoned her. In a split-second moment, when she turned around, Vincent noticed her almost blood-red hair. It was beautiful. What came out of her mouth, less so. A foul-mouthed girl. Her Master's eyes narrowed as she spoke to him with a thick accent.

"You know who I am." He answered with a coarse tone, cold eyes staring at his Servant in front of her as if they were appraising a slab of meat for any signs of inferior quality. With a sigh her turned his shoulder to her and walked towards the edge of the roof and looked out towards the Eiffel Tower. Calmly he pried a cigarette from his pack and placed the filter between his lips. All he did was take a short puff to make it ignite on its own. Vincent turned his head towards Berserker, the same cold stare as before, but behind those windows to his soul he was engulfed in white hot flames.

"My name is Vincent, and together, you and I are going to give this city its baptism by fire."

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Atlannia wrote:All passengers should now secure their seat belts and place their seats in the upright position in preparation for landing. Oh and welcome to Paris.

“So this is it huh? I don’t really see what all the fuss is about. Sure is big though.”

Despite her ambivalent tone the girl looking down on the glittering tapestry of Paris from the window of her airplane was plainly excited, her eyes were wide with curiosity and her legs kicked rhythmically underneath her seat, as though she was having trouble keeping still.

Rebecca Goode, heiress to the greatest of the rapidly dwindling witchcraft families, had achieved a number of important milestones with this trip. It was her first time visiting a foreign country, her first time flying in a plane and her first time travelling alone. Indeed, it was the first time she had been allowed any degree of independence and separation from her overbearing family and her strict regime of training and study.

It was also the first time she would be competing in the Holy Grail War, though that was less surprising, very few people could say they had participated in such an event. After all very few people survived them to talk about it afterwards.

“Mmmm what kind of servant will I get?” wondered Rebecca dreamily, absentmindedly wrapping her hair braid around her finger. “Maybe an Archer? A Lancer? Or even a Beserker?”

A gleeful little smile stretched her delicate lips as Rebecca thought through the possibilities, one of her fingers found its way between her teeth and she bit down on the tip.

“Now that I think about it Sabre would definitely be best, mm hm. Watching the other masters squirm as the spells they spent so much time and anguish perfecting bounce right off it and then crushing them one. By. One. It’s… delicious!”

Rebecca’s feet kicked out together and her pink sneakers hit the seat in front of her, prompting the doughy, extravagantly mustached businessman in the seat to turn around (no small feat for him) and glare at her.

Rebecca simply tilted her head in a confused manner and when he turned around again stuck her tongue at his back before turning back to look out the window, her expression wistful.

“Ahhh, I really can’t wait any longer.”

7 Rue Cesselin

The french language had a way of making the mundane sound grandiose, or at least pretentious, Rebecca reflected as she held up the card with the address up to check it once more, confirming it first against the street sign a little behind her and then against the number of the of the aging, mostly white building in front of her.

This was definitely it, it might not be much but one of the rooms in this apartment building was hers. At least for the four months her family had rented it in and paid in advance for. Tucking the card with the address back into her satchel Rebecca pushed open the door and stepped in.

Rebecca’s French was rudimentary at best, but the receptionist, an ancient and tiny old woman who looked like she might crumble into dust if Rebecca spoke too loudly, had evidently been expecting her. After repeating her name and a combination of room, rent and already paid, the woman realised who she was and ushered her up two flights of cramped stairs that looked to be every bit as on their way out as their owner.

Finally the woman pulled out an old looking key and, with a certain amount of muttering and jiggling opened the door to one of the rooms before handing the key over to Rebecca and shuffling away without another word.

What a strange woman thought Rebecca, closing the door and turning the key firmly in the lock. Still it’s probably best that she isn’t the curious type, I don’t really want to be interrupted during the next stage.

two hours later...

Rebecca sighed and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, surveying her handiwork proudly.

A chest of drawers had been moved to sit in front of the door, serving the dual purpose of opening up a wide space in the middle of the room. That space was now taken up by an elaborate, circular pattern that had been painstakingly marked out with chalk, a summoning circle. In addition, although they were undetectable to the regular eye, Rebecca had cast two relatively simple spells. One affected the entire building and had lulled everyone inside without any magical ability into a deep sleep while the other affected only Rebecca’s room and served to sound proof it, keeping any noise made within the room inaudible to anyone outside of it.

Between these factors Rebecca was fairly certain she could perform the ritual in peace.

Rebecca went back to her bag and dug out a small package wrapped in silk and tied with cord, unwrapping it carefully and revealing its contents.
It was a grey, rather porous rock, although it might have been rough and jagged at one point age and many pairs of hands had worn it smooth. It was not a traditional relic, some might consider it barely a catalyst at all but the Goode family had had trouble getting their hands on anything more auspicious. Rebecca was reasonably confident the stone would suffice, although it was unclear which servant exactly it would produce.

Rebecca placed the stone carefully in the centre of the circle and closed her eyes before inhaling deeply, slowing and regulating her breathing to increase her concentration.

Then she began to chant. Ancient words imbued with meaning through countless hours of study, recital and meditation. Rebecca felt an odd tugging sensation as her mana was drawn out of her body and into the circle, causing it to glow with an eerie light as a light humming became audible.

As if in sympathy, the magic circuits embedded throughout Rebecca’s body began to glow as well, complex symbols and archaic lettering that trailed up her arms. As the glowing of the circle and her circuit intensified symbols could even be seen underneath her light shirt, running up and down her back.All at once the eerie light became a blinding flash and the humming reached a crescendo in pitch and volume, catching Rebecca to stumble backwards and fall heavily, eliciting a sharp, girlish gasp.

Rebecca blinked a couple of times, realizing the light had interfered with her vision.

“Did it… work?” she wondered aloud, sounding a little dazed.

For eyes that were long adjusted to a dim twilight and for a mind that had long forsaken any comprehension of time, the light was blinding, in more ways than one. It came in the space of a moment - unknown and unexpected. It was, miraculously, the first new thing she had known for...a while. In that one brief second, she experienced enough and learned enough to compensate for the entirety of her miserable existence. Entire ages of knowledge passed by in that one blinding flash, and, as it faded, she was left hovering in a state of satisfied bliss, nearly drunk with the achievements not only of an entire human civilization, but with the new understanding of herself. She was here, in the midst of a new Holy Grail War - on Earth, in a city named Paris, somehow unbelieving yet utterly accepting of her current state of being.

Opening her eyes for the first time, she scanned the nondescript apartment, noting the view from the window, the deliciously unfamiliar spells layering the walls, and, finally, the short, surprised girl sitting on the floor. She laughed at her apparent shock, descending from her perch several feet in the air until she stood in front of the prostrate magician. Offering her hand, she bent down, saying: "Hello, Master. I don't know who you are, but you must be favored by the gods to have summoned one such as I. I promise you, I shall net this fortune go to waste. I am Caster, and...oh, there must be so many things to do!"

She smoothed down her exquisite silk dress with her free hand, brushing a set of crystal vials and a jade pendant attached to her dress, as her veil lazily twisted around in the air behind her ebony hair. She was beautiful, no doubt, and perhaps not entirely sane, but she was here(at last!) and ready to serve. Forever, if needs be.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Paris.

All her life, Jane never dreamed she would one day ride down the streets of Paris. Truth be told, it wasn't on her list of places she especially wanted to visit. But it was no less an incredible experience to see the statues and the monuments, some of whom erected by the heroic French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. She grimaced as she remembered her appallingly bad attempt to steal the Emperor's bicorne from an auction. It was unlike her to be so sloppy, and she swore to herself it would not happen again.

It couldn't happen again. This was the most dangerous time for her, there were plenty of other mages who wanted the Grail and would not hesitate to kill or severely injure in order to obtain it. "If I die, I lose nothing. If I win, I gain everything." she murmured to herself.

"What was that, miss?" the driver asked in a heavy French accent, temporarily taking his eyes off the road to make sure that she was alright.

"It's fine, just talking to myself." Jane looked down at the box that she held in her lap. She might not have been able to steal Napoleon's bicorne, but she succeeded in stealing another artifact. One that might not work as well as the French Emperor's, she couldn't be entirely sure. "Could you pull over? My destination is a few blocks away." the taxi driver dutifully obeyed. "Merci." she said, one of the few French words she knew. Jane reached into her wallet and pulled out a few euros. Hopefully no one tracked those bills, if not the driver was going to have hell to explain.

The building was less than stellar: both its interior and its exterior were rundown, with several of the walls broken down and the pipes visible. It wasn't the sight that one expected when they thought of summoning a glorious supernatural being. But it's purpose was sufficient for Jane's intentions. She set the box down in what she could only guess was the living room and took the Catalyst, a bent and rusted piece of metal that vaguely resembled the sword it once was, out and placed it on the ground, before forming a circle and starting to summon the heroic spirit.

As she chanted, the circle began to glow, becoming brighter and brighter before erupting into a beam of light. Jane concealed her eyes from the light, only able to peek through her hands as the brightness began to subside. She could vaguely make out the body of the spirit she summoned, before it became more differentiated and perceivable. She stood as straight as possible as she addressed him. "I've summoned you to be my Servant in the Holy Grail War," she stated, not sure what else to say. There would be plenty of time to talk.

ChinggisChan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChinggisChan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Neo ORB wrote:How does one weight a life, we are all taught that life is irreplaceable. Something to be treasured, spend in the company of others be it friends, lovers and family. But what does one do when such moral lines no longer exist. What does one do when the value of a life becomes as skewed and as expendable as the empty soda can one drinks while in company of their friends on a hot summers day.
No that's not true... The reality of it was that life always had held no value save to the mindset of the seeker. The struggles of the unseen day to day life, those who took their birthrights for granted, those who lost everything on a bad decision or gamble. The world was full of such cases of humanity gone wrong and it was just the simple nature of fact.

And these hardening truths ever more present for Phyllis Getty, an unknown young woman of who came from an entirely different parallel universe through the usage of powerful second magic done through the Moon Cell. For Phyllis who stood outside one of the many salvation army locations with a pink ticket which allowed her for a meal and bed for the oncoming night. Her life only a few months ago was one severely different from how she now looked as she kept herself a little warmer in a lightly winterized white jacket, but of course when you leave your own universe what you carry on you is what you had.

To this day still she didn't entirely know why she had made that wish, or why she had forgotten to include in that the wish to take her partner with her. Maybe it was the shocking revelation on the truth of their stagnate world, maybe it was her past as her once kind grandfather practically kidnapped her under the sake of adoption and taught her the secrets of the family. But the question still remained how did this young woman not even out of school manage to end up homeless and in an entirely different universe.
That answer was the brutal "Holy Grail Wars" that she fought for on the moon for seven brutal weeks. Something that should have regularly been impossible. But the Grail Wars left there mark on Phyllis, In watching the people around her vanish from existence entirely, in learning the horrible truth.

But in the end that past no longer mattered as she slowly walked towards the entrance. For a moment she looked to her hand, that pale Caucasian toned white hand which bore what could only be called a striking crimson Tattoo. An eternal reminder of her act on the moon, of her victory and its trials of the people she made to cease to exist. Her three unused command seals...
[url]s1191.photobucket.com/user/Kawaiimaekr/media/Fate_Prototype_Command_Spell_07.png.html[/url]

As she stared at her hand she bitterly chewed on her lower lip until she broke the flesh and tasted iron pooling. As she let the pain wash over her she desperately peeled her eyes away from that cursed image on her body and looked away. She was looking for something... anything that could gain her attention for a length of time where she could forget about that mark. But as if cruelly mocking her there was nothing other then then the absent passing of others as the line moved. Quickly she swallowed the pooling blooding her mouth and then sighed as she felt some dribble out of her mouth and down her face to which she quickly wiped it away with her jackets sleeve dirtying it.

As she passed the entrance and handed away her ticket she was thankful as she lined up for her meager meal which was a full baguette, a bowl of hearty stew and an apple. As she sat down in what could be called a crowded mess hall she began eatting while pondering on what she would do for tomorrow. She could hit the day labourers office for work but as she ate her mind kept finding itself back onto her lost servant.
If she was still here maybe she wouldn't be homeless, of course she could always go to the clock tower or the mages association, with her story she could likely gain entrance under a sealing designation, but then her newfound life would be over. But with no papers or identification getting out of the country was already hard enough as is. Although she could use her magic to manipulate them but it left a bad aftertaste to her for some reason.

As the night crawled onward and her meal was soon behind her, she took to her bed early intending to sleep the night way. But once more her mind was distraught with the thoughts of her lost servant to the point where sleep was going to be impossible. In anger she clicked her tongue and then left her bed and walked out of the shelter, of course the guards intended to stop her but she quickly put an end to that resistance by hypothesizing the guards on her way out while altering their perception and short term memory so she could leave.

As she walked the streets once more alone in a city of lights she sighed. Her final usage had drained her of her remaining prana and since her last offering she had only held for a few days she looked at her fingers which were lightly bandaged... she was going to have to sacrifice more of her blood again and so she sighed once more while walking passing others who were unfortunate enough to not find themselves within a warm bed tonight. As she passed by them a sick thought passed through her mind... if she set up a small barrier using a quick sacrificial offering of her own blood, she could use one of them to replace her empty prana reserves... it not like anyone would miss one of the homeless, right?

However as she stared at the lights of Paris she quickly shook her head and started to run gripping quickly at her jacket over her chest...
What was she thinking, to use a person as a way for her to restore her prana to maximum. Had the Grail Wars affected her this much that she saw other people as nothing more then... nothing more then a reserve tank?.
As Phyllis ran she didn't know were her feet took her as she absent mindedly ran, soon however she was in an unfamiliar area. As she walked alone she suddenly found herself falling tripping over a broken curb and onto the street with a small gasp of forced air expelling from her lungs while the sound of glass and metal lightly skidded across concrete as her glasses tried to run away.

Maybe it was what you could call "Fate", As Phyllis was slowly pulling herself from the ground while looking for her glasses while the sound of footsteps moving closer sounded. A blur moved bending and then held out a familiar looking pair of glasses... Her glasses. Quickly Phyills grabbed then and lightly replaced them back on her face after examining various new scratches that would need to be fixed later.
However the one who had retrieved her glasses for her was an old man, his face withered from the elements. His hair while unruly was combed alittle and his body was covered in heavy clothing. but his smile was one of a gentile nature as he spoke lightly but carefully as if he was choosing his words before hand.

"That was quite the tumble, never seen such a pretty girlie take such a ruff tumble... Ah you've cut yourself, come to my shop I can spare a few bandages. And take a look at my wares never know you might fine something you like."

As Phyllis wondered what the man was talking about she lightly brought her right hand to her forehead and carefully felt around with the tips of her fingers and found them slightly gliding as blood dripped out of her. The cut itself was shallow but the last thing she needed was an infection so she willingly followed the man to his shop.
It wasn't what you could call a proper shop as she sat down onto a rolled out blanket with various objects placed around. watches, battery, tissue packages, Dubious looking water, woven brackets and feathers. It was obvious that the man was a peddler as Phyllis quickly sat down on her butt and waited as the old man pulled out a small medical kit and a brown bottle of hydrogen peroxide. I was tempted to retort that the chemical compound doesn't actually work on wounds but i kept to myself as he took out a cotton swab and lightly poured the chemical on and started wiping at the sides of my wound.

The stinging was unbearable as her vision was quickly blurred by tears from pain and annoying throbbing as he cleaned the wound and put on polysporin onto a bandage and applied it to the cut. As he lightly patted me on my shoulder while flashing me a kind smile full of yellowing teeth. Phylliss quickly took a look at his wares while pulling out her wallet after kindly being treated, the least she could do was buy something. And as she looked at the wares she soon found herself drawn strangely to a small bottle which contained what she could only say was an insect's wing and yet it felt almost magical. Quickly Phyllis picked the bottle up and stared hard at it until lightly asking what the price was.

"Ha ha i've had that thing for a long time Missy... honestly i'd be glad to give it to yah for free, but if you really want to pay I bought it from a German for ten euros back then so give me a twenty."
Phyllis stared at the bottle even more intently and then quickly pulled out three bills from her wallet and over paid the strange vendor giving him thirty instead with a smile before happily bringing the strange wing up towards the lights. With a purchase done Phyllis and the vendor started talking back and forth about various things until a few hours happily passed. As Phyllis left the Vendor waving and promising to come back on her next paycheqe. She found herself once more wandering as she looked at the insect wing with a smile, As she silently walked she found herself drawn to a park as the chilly air lightly blew around her at her exposed hands. she Found herself looking at the old park its structures made of wood block off with a perimeter of soft sand and small stones, a small hill and field full of short grass.
that sight reminded her of home, a home so far away it was out of her reach, a home where she happily played with children of her own age while riding bikes, playing tag and talking about boys.

"It's so beautiful..."

Phyllis found herself lost in the sight and lost grip on her newly acquired bottle and heard the glass shatter as it came in contact with the stones. Sighing in angst Phyllis bent down to at least retrieve the wing until a rush a wind blew it from her outstretched fingers and out of her reach.
she was further annoyed and felt loss, not only at her money but at the pretty insect wing that blew away with the wind. As she gripped her hands into a fists and squeezed her eyelids shut, she cursed letting out what little recovered Prana she had gained in blind anger...

But as Phyllis opened her eyes as a scorching pain rushed through her right hand. She stared instinctively shivering as a cold wind blew past her as she watched the three command seals engraved upon her body glow brightly to the point were they hurt to look at and made her weak in the knees. However as she looked away from her hand before her eyes something appeared on the field nearby which which made her wish to scream... It was a scene she had known once before months ago...
No there was a difference to the "chapel" she had once found herself in when she was on the "Moon". But the engraved pattern forming was the same.

It was a Summoning circle, as the wind started to blow wildly around her which kicked up her black hair, which made her skirt blow wildly in the wind exposing her underwear. But for Phyllis as her body trembled a singular thought rushed through her mind.

"WHY! Why is a Summoning here? No... it can't be..."

But as the circle continued to drain her prana away establishing a link the light continued to build as silvery luminous orbs floated skyward.
The light built until Phyllis was forced to shield her eyes, but with a trembling voice she spoke her servants true name. The servant that she had known, had fought with in grueling battle, that servant who was the Avatar of Amaterasu, she who became the Killing stone of Nara upon her death after facing a rain of arrows that claimed her life on the same fields.

"Tamamo-no-Mae Is... Is that you?"

However as the light dimmed and started to vanish. Phyllis opened her eyes and peered into the summoning circle and then found her hopes utterly destroyed. What was before her was not the quirky fox girl who was known by the class of "Caster". It was not her weak but beloved partner that she had known and fought with... but a being eclipsed entirely in red and black armor. However while drained Phyllis could feel the solid link between her and this... Thing...

And so Phyllis spoke her voice cracking, but her body trembling in anger at the being who had taken her partners place!
but as angry as she was she knew what situation she had now found herself in, which awful war she was once again participating in.

"Which Class are you?."

And so Phyllis... No; Kaia Phyllis Getty, has found the past she thought she left behind clicking into motion once again...

The summoning circle that had spontaneously etched itself upon flared with a brilliant radiance for but an instant. Then the ever ravenous jowls of night consumed it, shredding away its light in an instant. The circle, having been established by the grail temporarily without any physical materials, was a transient existence much like an illusion. It was natural that such a trickery be borne away from the austerity of reality. Perhaps it would have been more prudent if Phyllis had also understood that the capricious fabric of existence, that so very familiar and yet so very incomprehensible mold, was a jealous thing.

The knight clad in crimson armor that stood where previously the circle had been carved understood that. Reality was beautiful and amorphous - the epitome of mystery. It donned new dresses for every unique perspective, and it could be both wholesome and toxic. It was harsh, but it was at the same time comforting. Phyllis clung onto an idealized reality. A rose tinted past reality that held both her travails and her joys. Yet this was not her reality. Nor was it the knight's. They both hailed from realities so very different from that which they stood upon now. The commonality remained all the same though; that they both tread upon the same ground, inhaled the same air, and felt the same breeze crawl across their backs.

The difference then, lied in perception. Perspective. Understanding.

That was where the knight differed. He did not cling. For him, reality had changed all too often to be a nostalgic scrap with which he could console the differences around him. Phyllis, on the other hand, seemed to cling to her antiquated scrap of reality that she had come to love and know. If the knight had known of Phyllis's thoughts and mindset, which he likely would in the coming days should their master and servant contract be solidified, he would have scorned her naivete. Or perhaps he would have comforted the spitting image of what he once was. He didn't know.

In the end, such thoughts were simply frivolous. The knight was here for a duty, and for a wish. If the woman in front of him would not champion his cause, then he would willingly depart to the Throne and be subsumed once more into oblivion. Or he could break her mind and force her to uphold his cause.

He didn't know.

It is an odd thing to not know the self. Utterly unnatural, and very much so a maddening state. After all, the sense of "self" is an ingrained and intrinsic gear of the psyche. Without the main engine, then how can the vehicle perform? The simple and rather obvious answer is that it simply cannot. In the knight's case, though, there were two engines. Engines that did not coexist. Competitive existences, if you will. The duality of man sublimated at its most tangible state - that is what the red knight is.

Two minds coexisting in one body. One of that of a knight, the other that of a king. Physically, the red man was a knight. Mentally, the knight was predominant, but the king still lurked. The knight, as a Saber, would have only had the mind of the knight. As a Berserker, only the mind of the king. As an assassin, he had both. One dominant and the other recessive. Only fate and the future would dictate which mind arise as victor.

A minuscule wing fluttered shyly down towards the knight. It tumbled and rolled through the air, its latticed breadth daintily dancing with the breeze. The knight plucked it from the air between his index finger and thumb, and examined it through his helmet. This was his catalyst. A wing of a fairy. It was the same time fitting and cruelly ironic. The wing shuddered in the knight's gentle grasp, and it withered. As if the wrath of time had descended upon it, the wing shriveled and decayed, losing its ethereal glimmer and assuming a dry, cracked texture.

The knight flicked his hand with a slight hint of disdain, letting the wing crumble into dust that dissipated with the wind into nothingness. He turned to Phyllis abruptly, and extended an inviting left hand.

"This knight wishes to know whether you are his master."

The words to consummate the contract between servant and master. It was up to Phyllis to accept it or spurn it. She would be wise to know that her answer would also largely determine her own fate, and whether she would attain the chance to glean once more the visage of the cherished servant she had known beforehand.
Last edited by ChinggisChan on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Esternial wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote:Life seems to just go on when your spirit is undying. Most people assume that death is the true end or that you end up in some unseen place, but when your spirit is chosen by the Holy Grail, you don't have to worry about such things. She couldn't remember how long it has been since she first perished from the earth. She still remembered quite clearly the day she died. She could still smell the distinguishable aroma of blood and the battle cries of thousands of brave warriors long past. The one thing that really stuck to her was the moment she took her own life, poisoning herself on the battlefield like a coward. It was the defining moment that would haunt her for eternity. She never understood why she was chosen as a hero spirit after such an act of cowardice, perhaps she'll never know.

The flames receded and were eventually snuffed out by a freak gust of wind, leaving only a residual glow of embers on the ground, surrounding the delicate frame of a young woman. Her back was faced towards him, and she seemed to be looking out across the rooftops of the Parisian capital, likely trying to catch her bearing after being manifested here. Vincent noticed the sword in her hand, seemingly vibrating with power. He smirked; the woman that manifested in front of Vincent seemed less intimidating than he expected, but his gut feeling told him that whatever she lacked in appearance she'd make up with her abilities. His gut feeling was usually on the money.

There was some tension in the air. Master and Servant came face-to-face as Berserker turned around and addressed the man that had summoned her. In a split-second moment, when she turned around, Vincent noticed her almost blood-red hair. It was beautiful. What came out of her mouth, less so. A foul-mouthed girl. Her Master's eyes narrowed as she spoke to him with a thick accent.

"You know who I am." He answered with a coarse tone, cold eyes staring at his Servant in front of her as if they were appraising a slab of meat for any signs of inferior quality. With a sigh her turned his shoulder to her and walked towards the edge of the roof and looked out towards the Eiffel Tower. Calmly he pried a cigarette from his pack and placed the filter between his lips. All he did was take a short puff to make it ignite on its own. Vincent turned his head towards Berserker, the same cold stare as before, but behind those windows to his soul he was engulfed in white hot flames.

"My name is Vincent, and together, you and I are going to give this city its baptism by fire."

Berserker smirked a little at the man's response. He talked big, but would his strength match his boastful words. She could sense his power and could wait to see if he had what it takes to control her. As far as she could remember, no master has been able to control such a powerful Berserker. Of course, the Holy Grail prevented servants from remembering former masters so the details probably aren't accurate.

" If ya are indeed a master, then ya know about the uncontrollable rage of a Berserker. I also don't see my catalyst with ya, that means that I was not yer actual choice." Berserker said as she placed a hand on her hip.

" Just great, the feckin' Grail in all its infinite wisdom randomly chose me to be yer servant." She said angrily as she threw her hands in the air. " Either way ya look at it, yer my master know. I just hope yer not spineless." Berserker said as she walked up to the man who moved to the edge of the building. She glanced at the red headed man when he mentioned baptizing the city by fire. " Got a fire in yer belly, eh? I know that feeling all too well." Berserker said as she glanced back over the city, remembering distant memories.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:29 pm

A young woman stood in the centre of the circle, blinking at the pale-haired man before her. He was clearly a Slav, and she knew instinctively that this man was her Master, a mage participating in some event called the Holy Grail War. He had summoned her into this body, a body that felt far stronger than her mortal one. She reached up to her throat, fingers brushing over her smooth, unblemished skin. Her loose, light brown curls fell out from underneath a white bonnet and tumbled over her shoulders. She wore a simple, plum-coloured dress with short sleeves and some volume in the skirt, allowing for free movement -- she had always had a penchant for more practical styles of dress. A white shawl was draped over her shoulders, offering some modesty in concealing her upper arms, and it was fastened with a clasp at her bust.

"You are my Master?" she asked, dropping her hand back to her side. She looked the Slav up and down. He seemed a capable enough magus. A bit rough around the edges, perhaps, but she felt that she had something in common with him. She wasn't quite sure what exactly that was, but her intuition was rarely incorrect. "I am Assassin."

Already, she was taking note of their surroundings. They were standing in an empty room, and the air smelled somewhat stale. The circle at her feet still thrummed, in a tune beyond the perception of most, with a trace of magical energy, although what little was left was quickly dispersing in the wisps of unearthly smoke fading into the atmosphere. Assassin spied windows along the wall, and in a few quick steps crossed to one of them, peering out into the city. It was dark outside, yet there were bright lights -- not fire, but something she understood intuitively to be a power called "electricity", akin to lightning, yet manmade -- illuminating certain areas and buildings. "It's beautiful," she murmured. She glanced over the cityscape, spying unfamiliar structures in the distance alongside familiar streets and the bend of a river. Abruptly, she turned back to the Slav. "We're in Paris, aren't we?" She clutched at the front of her shawl. "It's been a while," she said, quieter, as she glanced to the floor. Her mouth was set in a grim line.

Then she smiled. "I need to visit a library. There's a lot for me to catch up on."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:05 am

Marcus finally dropped his luggage on the couch, turning about to face the pastor of a smallish church who offered him a place to stay. "Thank you, Father Jean. I appreciate you letting us stay here for the duration of the... event."

"Oh, don't worry about it child." The middle-aged priest replied. Despite his age, Father Jean Dubois was much more fit than a man even 20 years younger. His slowly graying black hair was combed back, and his chinstrap beard neatly kept. "And you needn't conceal the Grail War, at least when we speak alone. It's the church's job to make sure the fight is done fairly, and that all the participants perform to their fullest. Stay here as long as you must, and I wish you the best of luck." Father Jean bowed, before leaving Marcus alone... with his servant.

"Well. That flight was something. To be honest, I'm still a little surprised that something as big in magic as the Grail War is happening somewhere so... populated, I guess. I hope we don't have any problems when it comes to fighting." Marcus opened one of his suitcases, this one filled with clothes. There were two or three more suitcases, plus whatever Rider herself brought, arrayed about the living room of the small apartment. Living room, bedroom, kitchenette, dining room, bathroom. There was a glass door that led to a second story balcony, overlooking part of the City of Lights from a slightly higher point in the city limits. Wiping the sweat from his brow, Marcus turned to look at Rider. "What do you think? I guess this is home for the next... however long the War lasts. Guess we just get used to it." Even though it''s way smaller than just the living room back home...
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:48 am

Phyllis looked at the crimson armored knight. Either he hadn't heard her earlier question or he had decided to ignore it entirely for his own which was still equally important. And yet when Phyllis had watched him pluck the singular wing from the air and watched it disappear, she understood then that she had somehow picked up a potential catalyst and could only silently curse her own bad luck. However as she had watched as the being turned towards her and held out its left hand towards her as if beckoning her forward. She could feel its voice resonate all the same.

A voice lightly muffled from the helmet and yet resolute rippled through the air as the knight spoke. And yet Phyllis felt like he was mocking her with such a strange line, Was that a principle of this world? or was it just her bad luck, once more she silently lamented in not having her Beloved "Caster" with her as she thought on his words which echoed in her head.

"This Knight wishes to know whether you are his master."

In one way it was infuriating, how this "Knight" had asked his request, the way he was composing himself, Phyllis couldn't feel any hint of respect as she felt like the Knight was being cynical and mocking. Or was it... that the connection itself was weak?.
In silence Phyllis continued to stare at the "Knight" and then sighed lightly; as she then closed her eyes and lightly placed her right hand onto her chest, she looked pressing her consciousness into teh deepest corners of herself reaching with her mind, trying to concentrating onto her mana, onto her family crest.
She was quietly searching, searching for the link that connected them and yet she could not feel yet a thing. She was reminded, reminded once more of how similar this worlds summoning was to the Moon Cells Preliminary selections. But knowing that in the end her search would provide no current answers she sighed inwardly once more and then looked to the knight and spoke while remaining affixed to his helmet with her glare.

"Well, although I can't feel the link surfacing yet, that's however likely due to my low reserves of current mana and due to the time lag it takes for the link to solidify. However... I believe I am indeed your master "knight"..."

Phyllis paused to let the knight speak his answer or at least thats what it seemed like, however her stare never left the servants side while she dropped her right arm away from her chest and placed it into her jackets pocket. Making a lightly more defenseless posture, either way if the "Knight" was to kill her she would stand no chance to resist with her current ability's. However Phyllis also knew that the knight was also waiting as she took a bold and fearless stride towards him until she was face to face with him close enough to touch his extended left hand.

And then for a final moment Phyllis paused before him and then lightly pulled her right hand from her jacket and placed it lightly within his waiting hand and spoke one last time.

"My name is Kaia Phyllis Getty, It is a pleasure to make your... Acquaintance. So tell me servant, to which class do you belong to?"

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 am

Nachfolgia wrote:
Esternial wrote:The flames receded and were eventually snuffed out by a freak gust of wind, leaving only a residual glow of embers on the ground, surrounding the delicate frame of a young woman. Her back was faced towards him, and she seemed to be looking out across the rooftops of the Parisian capital, likely trying to catch her bearing after being manifested here. Vincent noticed the sword in her hand, seemingly vibrating with power. He smirked; the woman that manifested in front of Vincent seemed less intimidating than he expected, but his gut feeling told him that whatever she lacked in appearance she'd make up with her abilities. His gut feeling was usually on the money.

Berserker smirked a little at the man's response. He talked big, but would his strength match his boastful words. She could sense his power and could wait to see if he had what it takes to control her. As far as she could remember, no master has been able to control such a powerful Berserker. Of course, the Holy Grail prevented servants from remembering former masters so the details probably aren't accurate.

" If ya are indeed a master, then ya know about the uncontrollable rage of a Berserker. I also don't see my catalyst with ya, that means that I was not yer actual choice." Berserker said as she placed a hand on her hip.

" Just great, the feckin' Grail in all its infinite wisdom randomly chose me to be yer servant." She said angrily as she threw her hands in the air. " Either way ya look at it, yer my master know. I just hope yer not spineless." Berserker said as she walked up to the man who moved to the edge of the building. She glanced at the red headed man when he mentioned baptizing the city by fire. " Got a fire in yer belly, eh? I know that feeling all too well." Berserker said as she glanced back over the city, remembering distant memories.

Berserker's response elicited a chuckle from Vincent. Apparently she'd gone down this route before, but Vincent wasn't your average Master.

"I don't have any intent to control you. Trying to reign you in by force would only make you weaker." He replied, taking a drag of his cigarette. Her boorish attitude was kind of putting him off, but for all he knew she had a good reason to be so foul-tempered all the time. After all, he had his reasons. This woman had her own, no doubt about it. Vincent glanced at the marks on his hand. If she ever stepped out of line he could use them, but doing so would enslave her to his will. If she had issues working together with him now, doing that would only make it worse.

Vincent almost found it funny. He had absolutely no idea where to move forward from here. His mind was so fixated on revenge that he didn't stop to consider any hiccups along the way. Only now did he even consider the possibility that he might fail, but he quickly discarded that thought to the deepest regions of his thoughts, where it would continue to gnaw onto his mind. He glanced at Berserker and contemplated his next move.

"I need a drink," He sighed, "I'll be in the bar down the street. Tag along or don't."

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Relikai wrote:Opening her eyes, the woman found herself in a small room, the smoke just beginning to clear. Surrounded by secured seats and small windows, she could feel the bumping of the plane as it fought minor turbulence, as the plane slowly realigned itself towards it's destination. A lady stood in front of her, dressed in a simple outfit of white and black, with a red overcoat supplementing her fashion style. The woman could appreciate fashion regardless of the era, and this outfit seemed to be good enough for the lady who was holding on to the table.

The woman lightly rested the naginata on the floor, as she observed her own clothing. Her long red hair was secured by a black ribbon, and the pair of shorts seemed to match the long-sleeved shirt which her figure settled comfortably in. Not that she had much of a choice, but one which she was happy enough with. All these little things could be settled in due time, for this was her chance. Her chance to change Fate, her chance to challenge history.

"I have heard the Summons, I have answered the Call." The woman said, her voice full of confidence, her words following a regal style of speech. "I ask of you, Lady who stands before me. Are you the one who summoned me? Are you the one who I shall pledge my Lance to?"

Rin could barely contain her excitement over her success. She did, but she was almost quivering with happiness over the success of her summoning spell. She hadn't even expected it to work - no one had ever attempted to summon a familiar on a moving vehicle before, let alone an airplane, and let alone one as powerful as a Servant. Even if she lost this Holy Grail War, she'd be going down in history.

Her own Command Seals were already forming on her hand, she watched with uncontained excitement and a cheesy grin as the three-part pattern formed on the back of her hand in bright, bloody crimson. It was accompanied by a slight tingling sensation, not like the one she experienced when receiving her Magic Crest. Command Seals were incredibly powerful magecraft after all, and it would have been odd for her to have felt nothing.

"I am Rin, matriarch of the Tohsaka clan. I am the one who summoned you as my Servant of the Lancer class, that is correct. Will you, Lancer, serve and assist me in my path to victory in this, the Fourth Holy Grail War?"
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:04 pm

It had been quite a while since Rider had noticed the lack of senses. The lack of wind on your face, the faint smell of the city on the horizon, small things. Imperceptible things one would normally ignore. But the lack of them, and then their entirely unexpected reappearance caught him entirely by surprise.

He blinked, hesitating slightly as he took in the room.

The room stank of decay. The walls were in far from good condition, cracked, with pipes showing through. Drafty too. Not cold, just... Not warm either. Not pleasant, but tolerable to Rider. Not where he had expected to end up, especally since he had long since given up any hope of bring selected for the Grail War, yet here he was.

"I've summoned you to be my Servant in the Holy Grail War." A voice addressed him. Short. Quick. Direct to the point, ignoring anything that might be irrelevant to their purpose. Yes. This he could work with.

"I presumed that was it upon my summoning. Although I also must ask..." He glanced around the circle. There. That jagged lump of metal. A Catalyst. "Interesting. Very interesting. You were wise to pick me as your Servant, Master." He glanced up from the floor, finally taking an actual look at his Master. Young, but he could tolerate that. Sometimes experience led to arrogance. Her appearance betrayed little else about her. "I, Rider, shall win the Grail War for you. Now, if you would lead on. Time, after all, waits for no one, Master or Servant, and I would prefer to discuss anything else later on or while we walk."
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

ChinggisChan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChinggisChan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Neo ORB wrote:Phyllis looked at the crimson armored knight. Either he hadn't heard her earlier question or he had decided to ignore it entirely for his own which was still equally important. And yet when Phyllis had watched him pluck the singular wing from the air and watched it disappear, she understood then that she had somehow picked up a potential catalyst and could only silently curse her own bad luck. However as she had watched as the being turned towards her and held out its left hand towards her as if beckoning her forward. She could feel its voice resonate all the same.

A voice lightly muffled from the helmet and yet resolute rippled through the air as the knight spoke. And yet Phyllis felt like he was mocking her with such a strange line, Was that a principle of this world? or was it just her bad luck, once more she silently lamented in not having her Beloved "Caster" with her as she thought on his words which echoed in her head.

In one way it was infuriating, how this "Knight" had asked his request, the way he was composing himself, Phyllis couldn't feel any hint of respect as she felt like the Knight was being cynical and mocking. Or was it... that the connection itself was weak?.
In silence Phyllis continued to stare at the "Knight" and then sighed lightly; as she then closed her eyes and lightly placed her right hand onto her chest, she looked pressing her consciousness into teh deepest corners of herself reaching with her mind, trying to concentrating onto her mana, onto her family crest.
She was quietly searching, searching for the link that connected them and yet she could not feel yet a thing. She was reminded, reminded once more of how similar this worlds summoning was to the Moon Cells Preliminary selections. But knowing that in the end her search would provide no current answers she sighed inwardly once more and then looked to the knight and spoke while remaining affixed to his helmet with her glare.

"Well, although I can't feel the link surfacing yet, that's however likely due to my low reserves of current mana and due to the time lag it takes for the link to solidify. However... I believe I am indeed your master "knight"..."

Phyllis paused to let the knight speak his answer or at least thats what it seemed like, however her stare never left the servants side while she dropped her right arm away from her chest and placed it into her jackets pocket. Making a lightly more defenseless posture, either way if the "Knight" was to kill her she would stand no chance to resist with her current ability's. However Phyllis also knew that the knight was also waiting as she took a bold and fearless stride towards him until she was face to face with him close enough to touch his extended left hand.

And then for a final moment Phyllis paused before him and then lightly pulled her right hand from her jacket and placed it lightly within his waiting hand and spoke one last time.

"My name is Kaia Phyllis Getty, It is a pleasure to make your... Acquaintance. So tell me servant, to which class do you belong to?"

So Phyllis had accepted the contract. Ordinarily speaking, the servant to master contract was not established fully until the master ascertained his or her position as the servant’s master. Considering Phyllis was a magus of some degree, Assassin assumed that she already understood this fact. Since Phyllis had, at least according to Assassin’s intuition, willfully accepted the pact, there was now minimal risk of his “other” manifesting.
Assassin would remain a knight. Albeit one that had long since abandoned the shackles of chivalry and faith, but still a knight regardless. It was little more than an empty title at this point, considering that all it entailed for Assassin was a degree of martial prowess, but that did not mean that Assassin had not been molded by the purer aspects of that title.

The King still remained of course, but it would be a passive existence for now.

Like the Knights of the Round Table of which his father had been so prominent in, Assassin too had primed himself to be a pristine knight full of chivalry and faith. Despite the awry nature of his mind, Assassin still had a surprisingly lucid memory and reasoning. He also was human, so naturally he possessed habits and trivialities of his idealistic youth. Because of these reasons, and perhaps many more, Assassin would act from the standing point of the knight he had once been. Phyllis’s act of stepping forward to step her ground had also aroused Assassin’s interest. She had potential.

Potential to be the visage of the “perfection” that he had failed to glean from his own life. He could not afford to lose his master until he could ascertain whether she held this “perfection” or not. Assassin gently wrapped his left hand around her accepting right, making sure as to not harm her fragile body. He then broke off and bowed cordially, placing his armored arm across his chest as he did so. He did not raise himself from this position as he spoke.

“It is a pleasure to be of your service, my master. To answer your query – this knight is of the Assassin class. And to your other query that I had glossed over, I say this: I am afraid that this knight is no ‘Tamamo-no-Mae’, but at the least I believe, if it behooves you so, that this knight can be of use to you in whatever it is that you desire revolving around this ‘Tamamo-No-Mae’”.

Assassin stood once more, and looked down at his master. His face was unreadable considering it was hidden behind his armor, so it would be rather difficult to read the flow of his thoughts or dictate the tone of conversation. Humans strike off social interactions by reading each other’s faces, and thus the lack of expression that Assassin held would certainly seem odd.

“Quid pro quo. I wish to ask of you a question for the answer that I have given you. Does this ‘Tamamo-No-Mae’ have anything to do with the reason you seek the grail?”

A loaded question, and one with considerable consequences embedded within it for Phyllis. It was the first pick of inspection that Assassin wielded to break down at the quarry of mystery behind his own master in determining her potential to be perfect.

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:54 pm

Archer was surprised when she suddenly appeared. The last thing she remembered was lying on her deathbed, wrought with illness. She was once feared across the world, and now she was confined to this prison. The past was the past however, and now she was standing in front of what an odd man in a red scarf. Not a millisecond later, a torrent of information was forced into her head. Information about the modern world, about modern technology, and most importantly, about magecraft. While Archer had encountered mages before, and even uncovered an ancient enchanted artifact, she was not familiar with it to a great extent. She saw magecraft as an art entrenched in the old. The old was what brought great suffering to her people, and caused them to be overthrown by the new. She preferred taking matters into her own hands, gaining control of her own destiny, not being dictated by the likes of the old.

However, Archer did have a grudging respect for magecraft. It worked wonders when used correctly, and could bring about great destruction. It was also the reason she was currently standing here, as well. According to the information jammed into her head, she was set to participate in a "Holy Grail War," a competition not unlike those of the gladiators of Ancient Rome. She was summoned as a servant, a heroic spirit straight out of legend, with her greatest accomplishments ands feats given form as terrifyingly powerful Noble Phantasms. Archer felt stronger then she had in years, with the energy of youth flowing through her veins. And if she won... Oh if she won... Archer could grant herself any wish. Anything. She could correct her mistakes, and see her dream fully realized. As she fully materialized, she sized up her master, her link to the world and ally in battle. He was a young man, dressed in a nice outfit, along with a red scarf. He looked determined, and excited about what was to come. And to be brutally honest, he was kinda cute too. Smiling, Archer extended her hand, her presence radiating pure charisma and determination

"I'm going to need my hat," said Archer with a sly grin...
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Mirakai wrote:Archer was surprised when she suddenly appeared. The last thing she remembered was lying on her deathbed, wrought with illness. She was once feared across the world, and now she was confined to this prison. The past was the past however, and now she was standing in front of what an odd man in a red scarf. Not a millisecond later, a torrent of information was forced into her head. Information about the modern world, about modern technology, and most importantly, about magecraft. While Archer had encountered mages before, and even uncovered an ancient enchanted artifact, she was not familiar with it to a great extent. She saw magecraft as an art entrenched in the old. The old was what brought great suffering to her people, and caused them to be overthrown by the new. She preferred taking matters into her own hands, gaining control of her own destiny, not being dictated by the likes of the old.

However, Archer did have a grudging respect for magecraft. It worked wonders when used correctly, and could bring about great destruction. It was also the reason she was currently standing here, as well. According to the information jammed into her head, she was set to participate in a "Holy Grail War," a competition not unlike those of the gladiators of Ancient Rome. She was summoned as a servant, a heroic spirit straight out of legend, with her greatest accomplishments and feats given form as terrifyingly powerful Noble Phantasms. Archer felt stronger then she had in years, with the energy of youth flowing through her veins. And if she won... Oh if she won... Archer could grant herself any wish. Anything. She could correct her mistakes, and see her dream fully realized. As she fully materialized, she sized up her master, her link to the world and ally in battle. He was a young man, dressed in a nice outfit, along with a red scarf. He looked determined, and excited about what was to come. And to be brutally honest, he was kinda cute too. Smiling, Archer extended her hand, her presence radiating pure charisma and determination

"I'm going to need my hat," said Archer with a sly grin...

Drasko gave a thin smile again. "Ah, gladly." He said, his eyes alight with interest as he scanned the young woman before him with idle interest, his off hand grabbing the hat used in the summoning. "I'd be your Master, in case you're a bit confused." He stood, setting the hat on the shorter woman's head. "Drasko Alijosa Jankovic, and yes, I am a French citizen. Anyways, as you're new around here please note-- for all intensive purposes involving the other residents of this building, you are a relative of mine from Serbia. As such, I'll be calling you... something," He gave a dismissive wave. "Now, it's just about lunchtime, and there's a decent cafe down the street, so-- are you hungry, Miss?" He finished, he French eloquent, if not a little strange sounding due to the faint accent remaining from his homeland. He extended his hand towards Archer, his eyes flicking across her form. "A bit of advice as well. You may want to change before we head out."
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:18 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:A young woman stood in the centre of the circle, blinking at the pale-haired man before her. He was clearly a Slav, and she knew instinctively that this man was her Master, a mage participating in some event called the Holy Grail War. He had summoned her into this body, a body that felt far stronger than her mortal one. She reached up to her throat, fingers brushing over her smooth, unblemished skin. Her loose, light brown curls fell out from underneath a white bonnet and tumbled over her shoulders. She wore a simple, plum-coloured dress with short sleeves and some volume in the skirt, allowing for free movement -- she had always had a penchant for more practical styles of dress. A white shawl was draped over her shoulders, offering some modesty in concealing her upper arms, and it was fastened with a clasp at her bust.

"You are my Master?" she asked, dropping her hand back to her side. She looked the Slav up and down. He seemed a capable enough magus. A bit rough around the edges, perhaps, but she felt that she had something in common with him. She wasn't quite sure what exactly that was, but her intuition was rarely incorrect. "I am Assassin."

Already, she was taking note of their surroundings. They were standing in an empty room, and the air smelled somewhat stale. The circle at her feet still thrummed, in a tune beyond the perception of most, with a trace of magical energy, although what little was left was quickly dispersing in the wisps of unearthly smoke fading into the atmosphere. Assassin spied windows along the wall, and in a few quick steps crossed to one of them, peering out into the city. It was dark outside, yet there were bright lights -- not fire, but something she understood intuitively to be a power called "electricity", akin to lightning, yet manmade -- illuminating certain areas and buildings. "It's beautiful," she murmured. She glanced over the cityscape, spying unfamiliar structures in the distance alongside familiar streets and the bend of a river. Abruptly, she turned back to the Slav. "We're in Paris, aren't we?" She clutched at the front of her shawl. "It's been a while," she said, quieter, as she glanced to the floor. Her mouth was set in a grim line.

Then she smiled. "I need to visit a library. There's a lot for me to catch up on."

Stefan was pushed away, by the smoke. Of all thing, not the light that shined from the summoning, but from the smoke. Nevertheless, he readied himself quickly and stood in front of his servant, an Assassin. He should answered her question, one at a time and continuing, "Yes, I am your Master, Assassin. My name is Stefan and you can call me with or without the title 'Master' in front of my name. It's fine either way," said Stefan as he pulled a chair for him, and another for her. "This is a chair for you to sit, if you want to."

Stefan sat on the chair, right leg above the left one. She asked about the location, which is true to her word, Paris. "Yes, we are in Paris. Too bad there's an attack before, so security's been high lately. Even an Ukrainian cannot come nicely without being watched," said Stefan to the Assassin. She continuing with a request to the library, why wouldn't he abide?

"Sure, we can go to the library. There's one near this apartment, it's not big but you'll find plenty of history books. Just don't touch the ones on the left side of the upper floor, Assassin. It's too...ideological to be called as real historical books." said Stefan, again, as he stood up and opened the door.

"Shall we walk to there, now? It's not far from here."
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:43 am

Phylis felt the cold steel of the armor around her hand carefully tighten as she took her hand warmly within his own and then as quick as that softness had come she removed himself and then bowed. Placing his arm over his chest Phyllis was reminded once more that this being was a Servant, a hero from ages past, of course his mannerisms would be similar to his apprentice as she listened to the sound of his voice being directed at her.

“It is a pleasure to be of your service, my master. To answer your query – this knight is of the Assassin class. And to your other query that I had glossed over, I say this: I am afraid that this knight is no ‘Tamamo-no-Mae’, but at the least I believe, if it behooves you so, that this knight can be of use to you in whatever it is that you desire revolving around this ‘Tamamo-No-Mae’”.

When Phyllis hear his class she visibly stiffened, partly surprised and amazed that the grail where ever it might be had paired her up with such a servant class and yet partly mystified at herself in that she had such a connection somewhere within her soul. But his next words where unintentionally akin to a stab to her heart as her gaze upon Assassin became uncomfortable and she carefully for a moment shifted her eyes and face not wanting yo let him see her face which contained a momentary appearance of visible pain. her body language became smaller like a scared mouse as her hand clenched at the hems of her jacket strongly.

In her mind she tortured herself silently knowing that she had released such a important faucet of her past, and while it would be pointless no hide it from her servant it was also something that for her held an immense importance.

“Quid pro quo. I wish to ask of you a question for the answer that I have given you. Does this ‘Tamamo-No-Mae’ have anything to do with the reason you seek the grail?”

But as she listened to his continuation she was able to lightly sigh and then once more face her "New" servant. And while looking slightly uncomfortable as she couldn't read the gaze he directed at her through a helmet. she gathered her courage and decided to tell her story finally looking at her servants hidden face with clear eyes as she dropped her once more released her clenching hands back to her side.

"I see, its only natural you'd want to know isn't it Assassin... after all it was the very first thing you heard me say to you so then where do I even begin..."

For a moment Phyllis looked up towards the sky and stared at an unseen memory and then placed her strong gaze once more onto assassin and spoke while placing her cold hands once more back into her pockets. On her face her expression was a warm one, filled with a gentle smile while she spoke of her past, you could call her current appearance a ray of light and yet it was as cold as the wind.

"My "world" is not this one, as in I'm what you can call a "user" of second magic, I assume you know what this term means from your summoning from the through the "Throne" as your knowledge is... "automatically updated" but if I need to explain I will later.
Now as for how I came to this world, it was through the use of what we call the "Moon Cell", Its other names are the "Holy Grail", "Eye of God" and the "Divine Automatic Record Device". "

Phyllis paused quickly looking around. Unsure weather it was safe although with the summoning which had only just happened it was likely her secret would continue to be safe. Phyllis sighed as if wanting to be safe then sorry as she lamented the choice she was about to do as she quickly brought her right hands fingers close and tore off her bandages revealing a array of cuts. As she dug into her left jackets pockets and then carefully pulled out a small utility knife clicking the blade open. If someone heard what she was saying it would be cataclysmic to her identity and so she quickly slashed across right hands fingers and then held out her hand as the light stream of blood freely flowed from her fingers towards the ground.

Quickly as the blood began to form a small puddle Phyllis's stature seemed to change as she closed her eyes and then began a chant.
"Zebern Xa'laz Verg Volven."
Her spilled blood started to shimmer evaporating into the air as pure mana which momentarily coiled around her hand swirling around her thrust out arm and even simply just around Phyllis before being quickly drawn back into her. However as Phyllis continued a small barrier to prevent anyone from entering the area for five hundred meters formed with the latching point being docked from where her shed blood had fallen. As she clenched her hand closed and drew it away quickly. She opened her eyes as the barrier's formation finalized which would keep prying ears out.

"Yav Zwerg Sarv Ver'gen."

As Phyllis looked to Assassin, her expression held a light concern for what her magic needed in order to catalyst. In her mind it was an ugly practice for while she could use her own blood as a trigger it was a method that only provided the minimum. as a catalyst it alone was insufficient... but if she had willingly choose to sacrifice an offering as she was taught she couldn't possibly call herself "human" anymore. However Phyllis finally then continued her story regardless of the light throbbing as she poured in her mana to rapidly acclimate the cell growth along the cuts.

"Tamano-No-Mae was my "Caster" class servant in the holy grail war which bright me to this world. In that war, from which I emerged victorious, I learned of a truth about the world which I couldn't accept and so fled it. However I had spent a long time with my servant fighting in that war, but when I fled I'd failed to bring my servant with me.

The truth is... I never expected to be in such a... "Vile" war again... but i'm likely one of the participants with the most "combat" experience... I guess I can count this as a "unlucky" chance to regain what I lost isn't it Assassin... So tell me if you wish... why do you seek the grail?. If you do not wish to disclose it at this time then at least grab me a couple birds i'll... need them for a catalyst."

Phyllis then looked to Assassin and tried to smile, but the expression on her face was only a bitter one as she was forced into a conflict she'd rather not participate in more then once.

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:44 am

Alexis Theophrast Sigismund von Einzbern / Rei Matou
Marais distinct, 3rd Arrondissement, Paris, France

Beneath the grand, seventeenth century mansion in the heart of the Parisian aristocratic district of Marais distinct, plans orchestrated by forces thousands of miles away were being brought into action. Clouds gathered above, an auspicious sign befitting what was to come. The place held twenty five rooms, many filled with book shelves, paintings and elaborate finery likely not that far off from how it was centuries ago, whilst ornate chandeliers brought light to this finery. The entrance outside bore witness to a large gate flanked by two stone sphinxes, whilst the otherwise pale colour scheme of the mansion's exterior was overrun by vines and shrubbery in areas.

Below the estate, hidden passages dwelt, vaulted cellars, and winding chambers that led significantly lower than known to most. It was in one of these, within a cold, dusty room left rather evidently untouched for decades at least, that a figure clad in a white dress watched, thinking. As ever, a slight smile was present. One could be mistaken for judging the individual in question, to be little more than an extravagantly dressed girl of indeterminate age. Well, were it not for a number of other factors.

Indeed, there were things that stood out. Perhaps it was the bandages that hid the area where their right eye would have been. Perhaps it was the chains that came from an iron ring on the dress below his neck, and wound around his shoulders and upper arms. It could have been their long hair, somewhere between a light grey, and the colour of milk, despite their seeming youth. In actuality, that figure was male.

His lone eye, deep purple in hue, was currently settled on the magic circle engraved on the centre of this hidden chamber, in the centre of which lay an old wooden figurine, carved in the image of a Vodou spirit, or Loa. A mysterious mist pervaded these recesses of the mansion, accompanied by a tingling sensation of otherworldly origin.

Alexis stepped closer, his foot touched the edge of the circle, and the dimly lit room was illuminated by a ruddy glow that flashed along the magic circle's arcane patterns. He removed a glove from his left hand, placing that in a pocket in his dress. He then produced a small dagger with his right hand, before raising the other over the circle, and thinly slicing his finger, a minor cut allowing blood to fall upon the circle below. The dagger vanished once more, hidden somewhere in his dress. Alexis then spoke, his quiet voice somehow resonating oddly in the chamber as he recited the incantation taught to him long ago.

"Ye first, O silver, O iron.
O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract.
Hear me in the name of the Holy Maiden Justeaze.
Let the descending winds be as a wall.
Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked roads to the Kingdom revolve.
Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut. Shut.
Five perfections for each repetition.
And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead!
Set.
Let thy body rest under my dominion, let my fate rest in thy blade.
If thou submittest to the call of the Holy Grail and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond.
I make my oath here.
I am that person who is to become the virtue of all Heavens.
I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.

Yet, thou serves with thine eyes clouded in chaos.
Thou, bound in the cage of madness,
I am he who command those chains...

Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words,
come past thy restraining rings, and be thou the hands that protect the balance!"

The magic circle expanded as the incarnation was uttered, mana flicking and swirling, the crimson light of the circle's glyphs tinged with an inky darkness, whilst energy flowed like water, cascading, and the Homunculus' magic circuits flashed in reply, their structure briefly visible through his skin. He stepped back as the ritual reached its crescendo, the river becoming a brief torrent of power as the Holy Gail summoned a Servant.

The underground chamber, filled with light, and arcane energy, shook, remnants of the earlier mist being blown away as a new Heroic Spirit was evoked. Alexis blinked, his flowing hair settling in the aftermath of the ritual's finale. Smoothing down his dress, which had also been disturbed by the ritual's climatic peak, the former Einzbern Homunculus looked upon the figure that revealed itself in the wake of the summoning. At first it was unclear, the lighting having dimmed, before flickering back to life. The question was, would it be the Servant he had been expecting to summon?
Last edited by Videssos on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:A young woman stood in the centre of the circle, blinking at the pale-haired man before her. He was clearly a Slav, and she knew instinctively that this man was her Master, a mage participating in some event called the Holy Grail War. He had summoned her into this body, a body that felt far stronger than her mortal one. She reached up to her throat, fingers brushing over her smooth, unblemished skin. Her loose, light brown curls fell out from underneath a white bonnet and tumbled over her shoulders. She wore a simple, plum-coloured dress with short sleeves and some volume in the skirt, allowing for free movement -- she had always had a penchant for more practical styles of dress. A white shawl was draped over her shoulders, offering some modesty in concealing her upper arms, and it was fastened with a clasp at her bust.

Stefan was pushed away, by the smoke. Of all thing, not the light that shined from the summoning, but from the smoke. Nevertheless, he readied himself quickly and stood in front of his servant, an Assassin. He should answered her question, one at a time and continuing, "Yes, I am your Master, Assassin. My name is Stefan and you can call me with or without the title 'Master' in front of my name. It's fine either way," said Stefan as he pulled a chair for him, and another for her. "This is a chair for you to sit, if you want to."

Stefan sat on the chair, right leg above the left one. She asked about the location, which is true to her word, Paris. "Yes, we are in Paris. Too bad there's an attack before, so security's been high lately. Even an Ukrainian cannot come nicely without being watched," said Stefan to the Assassin. She continuing with a request to the library, why wouldn't he abide?

"Sure, we can go to the library. There's one near this apartment, it's not big but you'll find plenty of history books. Just don't touch the ones on the left side of the upper floor, Assassin. It's too...ideological to be called as real historical books." said Stefan, again, as he stood up and opened the door.

"Shall we walk to there, now? It's not far from here."

Assassin nodded. "Alright, Stefan," she said, trying the name on her tongue. So she had been correct: he was Ukrainian. It seemed that he was amenable to her suggestions; he had agreed easily to bring her to a library. Their pairing would work well, she felt. He seemed fairly intelligent so far, and he had shown her a respect that, strictly speaking, he didn't need to give her.

When he went to the door and offered to bring her to the library then, she crossed out of the apartment with a "thank you". As they walked along the street, she inhaled deeply, smelling traces of food -- baguette, moulles, stew, cheese -- on the air that made her mouth water. The glittering electrical lights interested her, and the sounds of automated vehicles were so deliciously alien that she noted every rumble of every car in her vicinity. In the time that she had been absent from the world, it had clearly made great leaps and bounds. Humanity was a truly wonderful and terrible thing.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the library, and she paused after entering to savour the musty aroma of the books. A blissful smile crept across her face, and she wandered into the history section -- making sure not to enter the section that Stefan had specified. The first book she took from the shelf was a modern history of France, and she leafed through the pages before returning it to its place and taking another. She furrowed her brow, finding disappointment at some of what she read. The time since her death had been tumultuous, to be sure. But the nation had survived.

She quickly leafed through several more history books -- both on the subject of France and on the world at large -- before finding an atlas, and she spent a few minutes glancing through its pages. If she were to aid her Master in strategising for the War, she would need to understand the state of the world. She replaced it and went on to find a detailed map of Paris, which she studied with intensity. The city had changed tremendously from what she remembered. There were dozens of new monuments and churches. She tapped her finger on where Stefan's apartment was located on the map, nodding. She would like to scout the city later on, but the knowledge gleaned from the map was sufficient for now.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:59 am

Rupudska wrote:
"I am Rin, matriarch of the Tohsaka clan. I am the one who summoned you as my Servant of the Lancer class, that is correct. Will you, Lancer, serve and assist me in my path to victory in this, the Fourth Holy Grail War?"

Lancer looked at the lady who now stood, but wore an excited expression on her face. Well, this was the Holy Grail War after all, and the summoning of a servant, no matter the class or strength, was an amazing feat of magecraft. No simple charlatan could pull off such an act without adequate preparations, and the Catalyst, the all so important element which bridges the link between the servant and the summoning...

And a magnificent spear, this master... Rin... She possessed. No simple task to acquire that artifact, not one which could be simply forged from the forges of a simple blacksmith.

Stepping out of the summoning symbol, Lancer took a moment to observe Rin properly, before giving her a low bow while replying to the black-haired lady. "Your call is my summon. I shall be the Servant of you who shall be my Master. With my spear, with my life, I shall fight till the end to ensure victory for you, Matriach Rin, of the Tohsaka Clan."

Returning to her standing pose, Lancer retrieved her spear, and stood before her Master. Well, the formal introductions were done, but... Lancer chose to remain on the side of caution, to allow her Master to take the lead, knowing that she has plenty of time to understand their bond.

"Master, do you have any questions to ask of me, or any tasks you require?"
Last edited by Relikai on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse