NATION

PASSWORD

The Ben 10 thread!

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Which is your favourite Ben 10 series?

Ben 10 Classic
62%
Ben 10 Alien Force
23%
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien
15%
Ben 10 Omniverse
No votes

Total votes : 13

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Ben 10 thread!

Postby Tokuopolis » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:05 am

Welcome Ben 10 fans of NS!

Ben 10, if you don't know, is a superhero cartoon franchise originally created by a group called Man of Action (Duncan Rouleau, Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, and Steven T. Seagle). The original series aired on Cartoon Network from 2005 to 2008, with the sequels lasting up to 2014. A reboot is due this year.

The series is about a boy named Ben Tennyson who, while on a road trip vacation with his grandpa, Max, and his cousin, Gwen, stumbles across an alien watch called the Omnitrix which bonds itself to his wrist. Ben discovers that the watch has alien DNA encoded in it which allows him to transform into a variety of aliens (initially 10 but he gains more) with their own set of superpowers. Thus as the vacation goes on, Ben uses the device to take on any threats that come his way while causing a few bouts of mischief in the process. Along the way Ben learns that he didn't gain the Omnitrix by coincidence, as some of his family have been involved with aliens long before he has, and there are much bigger conflicts beyond the planet Earth as well.

With the reboot due this year, it seems as good a time as any to start a thread.
I like Telegrams. My nation may or may not reflect my real views(it depends what I feel like).
Want to talk about your favourite western animations? Do it here!
“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”-Voltaire (:P)
I'm not a professional. I'm a Pterosaur. Fandom Variety. Minneapolis and Thermopolis aren't in Greece, and neither am I.

Maichuko
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Maichuko » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:59 pm

There's another reboot?
Long Live the Emperor of all Maichukoans! May he live 100 years!
(V)(;,,;)(V) woop woop woop woop

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Maichuko wrote:There's another reboot?

This is the first reboot. It will premiere outside the USA in 2016, and the USA the year after. The other Ben 10 series are considered sequels, not reboots.
I like Telegrams. My nation may or may not reflect my real views(it depends what I feel like).
“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.”-Voltaire (:P)
I'm not a professional. I'm a Pterosaur. Fandom Variety. Minneapolis and Thermopolis aren't in Greece, and neither am I.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 pm

It went downhill with Omniverse.

... what? Somebody has to say it.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Gigaverse wrote:It went downhill with Omniverse.

That's your opinion. Some people like omniverse. Personally, the first few episodes I saw of it were good, if not great. I did watch the finale and it didn't seem so good. But there's nothing wrong with that. OS, AF, and UA certainly seem more popular than OV. I'll wait and see before judging the reboot. If Ben 10 Classic/Original Series was the only previous ben 10 show, the backlash would be much smaller.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Tokuopolis wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:It went downhill with Omniverse.

That's your opinion. Some people like omniverse. Personally, the first few episodes I saw of it were good, if not great. I did watch the finale and it didn't seem so good. But there's nothing wrong with that. OS, AF, and UA certainly seem more popular than OV. I'll wait and see before judging the reboot. If Ben 10 Classic/Original Series was the only previous ben 10 show, the backlash would be much smaller.

Hint: some.

A lot of people tend to also share my opinion. Those of us like really like all the other three series... then Omniverse happened. I'm among the ones who would very much like to pretend it didn't exist in the first place.

But, well, Base Breaker.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:47 pm

I never like the look of Gwen in Omniverse she looked way better in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.

An a reboot really they just copying Hollywood.
Romeo Foxtrot, Shall we Dance...
We’re on an express elevator to hell – going down!

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:32 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Tokuopolis wrote:That's your opinion. Some people like omniverse. Personally, the first few episodes I saw of it were good, if not great. I did watch the finale and it didn't seem so good. But there's nothing wrong with that. OS, AF, and UA certainly seem more popular than OV. I'll wait and see before judging the reboot. If Ben 10 Classic/Original Series was the only previous ben 10 show, the backlash would be much smaller.

Hint: some.

A lot of people tend to also share my opinion. Those of us like really like all the other three series... then Omniverse happened. I'm among the ones who would very much like to pretend it didn't exist in the first place.

But, well, Base Breaker.

Okay, I'll give you that one. The Secret Saturdays crossover was pretty good, but maybe AF/UA should have done it as Secret Saturdays ended in 2010 (after only 2 seasons and 36 episodes, sadly). Sad that action cartoons have fallen by the wayside.

Imperial isa wrote:I never like the look of Gwen in Omniverse she looked way better in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.

And a reboot really they just copying Hollywood.

Yeah, the art style and redesigns of omniverse were controversial(some (like rebeltaxi) like it). And the new reboot will have an action focus, apparently so that's good.
Last edited by Tokuopolis on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Tokuopolis wrote:
Imperial isa wrote:I never like the look of Gwen in Omniverse she looked way better in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien.

And a reboot really they just copying Hollywood.

Yeah, the art style and redesigns of omniverse were controversial(some (like rebeltaxi) like it). And the new reboot will have an action focus, apparently so that's good.

They made her and him look like they meant to be in high school still.

Tokuopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tokuopolis » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:06 am

Imperial isa wrote:
Tokuopolis wrote:

They made her and him look like they meant to be in high school still.

Ben and Gwen are still high school age in omniverse (he's 16 in that series), so you're argument is odd. If they had time skipped to Ben being Ben 10,000 that would have been cool. Originally, Alien force was called hero generation, and it was about Ben and Gwen being mentors to other superhuman children. If the third series had been about Ben 10,000's son Ken, that would have been cool.

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:23 pm

I dislike the art for omniverse.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:03 pm

Tokuopolis wrote:
Imperial isa wrote:They made her and him look like they meant to be in high school still.

Ben and Gwen are still high school age in omniverse (he's 16 in that series), so you're argument is odd. If they had time skipped to Ben being Ben 10,000 that would have been cool. Originally, Alien force was called hero generation, and it was about Ben and Gwen being mentors to other superhuman children. If the third series had been about Ben 10,000's son Ken, that would have been cool.

No Gwen went of to college in omniverse she talks about it and Ben with Rook went an saw her there.
http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Gwen_Tennyson

All so by looking at the images in stat box you can see how she looks like she in high school to how she use to look like someone grown up and in college. (which she wasn't but is away better look for her)

Liberonscien
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberonscien » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Imperial isa wrote:
Tokuopolis wrote:Ben and Gwen are still high school age in omniverse (he's 16 in that series), so you're argument is odd. If they had time skipped to Ben being Ben 10,000 that would have been cool. Originally, Alien force was called hero generation, and it was about Ben and Gwen being mentors to other superhuman children. If the third series had been about Ben 10,000's son Ken, that would have been cool.

No Gwen went of to college in omniverse she talks about it and Ben with Rook went an saw her there.

All so by looking at the images in stat box you can see how she looks like she in high school to how she use to look like someone grown up and in college. (which she wasn't but is away better look for her)

She looked best in UA, in my opinion.
No real signature for now besides the preceding text and the following punctuation.

Killdash
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:26 pm

But Gwen X Ben, am I right!?

No? I'll be going then.
How do you take your tea?: Seriously, very seriously.
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch
Roguishly good looking gentleman
Nationstates premier assassin for hire
For a small fee, of course.
5th spouse of Kannap (for 48 hours, but still counts)

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:28 pm

Liberonscien wrote:
Imperial isa wrote:No Gwen went of to college in omniverse she talks about it and Ben with Rook went an saw her there.

She looked best in UA, in my opinion.

Good god! When did she go from excellent character to barely disguised cartoon jailbait!?
Who the hell do you think you are?: I see myself as a mix of Don Quixote, Stephen Fry and 12 year old boy mixed into one very strange mind.
Are you always so modest?: Yes, though it takes a man of some character to pull it off.
Hey, your insensitive remark/insult/racial slur has me in a tizzy: Well, if you wish to cyber insult me, then do your worst.
Auremenas bitch

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Killdash wrote:But Gwen X Ben, am I right!?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Last edited by Jochistan on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Killdash wrote:But Gwen X Ben, am I right!?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can't tell if that's arousal or anguish.

Should probably learn to work that out at some stage...
Auremenas bitch

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Killdash wrote:
Liberonscien wrote:She looked best in UA, in my opinion.

Good god! When did she go from excellent character to barely disguised cartoon jailbait!?

She meant to be 16.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Imperial isa wrote:
Killdash wrote:

She meant to be 16.

Amend that to slutty schoolgirl then.

I understand that times are tough in the cartoon world, but that's low.
Auremenas bitch

Jochistan
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochistan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Imperial isa wrote:
Killdash wrote:

She meant to be 16.

Wait in the original series? I thought she was like 10.

Anyway, all I know is the original series and I only watched it when my little bro wanted to watch TV, so I wouldn't know much.
Your friendly neighborhood Steppe Republic.
I was a wimp before Nationstates, now I'm a jerk and everybody loves me.

Pro: Moral Conservatism, Nationalism, Rationalism, Theocracy, Traditionalism, Golden Age of Islam, Corporal and Capital Punishment, Ethnic Mixing, Integration, Stranka Demokratske Akcije, Kosovo, Tibet, Ichkeria, el Sisi.
Anti: Salafism, Khomeinism, Racial Ultranationalism, Xenophobic Populism, Progressivism, Communism, Hedonism, Pacifism, Multiculturalism, Nihilism, Israel, Hamas, Serbia and friends, China.
Genghis did nothing wrong

Kraeshia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraeshia » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Ultimate was best because:

-New Wildmutt
-Bigger Way Big
-Better aliens overall

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Jochistan wrote:
Imperial isa wrote:She meant to be 16.

Anyway, all I know is the original series and I only watched it when my little bro wanted to watch TV, so I wouldn't know much.

No omniverse

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Jochistan wrote:

Yeah, she was 10 in the original. But she did age, and got worse with each year.
Auremenas bitch

Imperial isa
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Imperial isa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:45 pm

Killdash wrote:

To me i couldn't tell she was 16 in omniverse when i first saw her.
Last edited by Imperial isa on Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killdash
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Killdash » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Imperial isa wrote:
Killdash wrote:

To me i couldn't tell she was 16 in omniverse when i first saw her.

I thought, like 14-18, you know.
Auremenas bitch

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction