NATION

PASSWORD

Magus Maleficarum | OOC | Dead | Fantasy

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Magus Maleficarum | OOC | Dead | Fantasy

Postby Elerian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:18 pm

-Deleted-
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

-Deleted-
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

-Deleted-
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

-Deleted-
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:19 pm

-Deleted-
Last edited by Elerian on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:29 pm

1. Are Bharda weapons? (I.E. swords, daggers, and the like)

2. Do you want a post or a thread as the RP sample?

3. I'ma have a warder, who wants to pair?
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:1. Are Bharda weapons? (I.E. swords, daggers, and the like)

1. No, Bharda are only for defense against magic, which allows the Warders to get close enough to kill, capture, or immobilize their foe. Thanks for bringing that up though.

2. Thread preferably.
Last edited by Elerian on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Elerian wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:1. Are Bharda weapons? (I.E. swords, daggers, and the like)

1. No, Bharda are only for defense against magic, which allows the Warders to get close enough to kill, capture, or immobilize their foe. Thanks for bringing that up though.

2. Thread preferably.

So... a shield? What do they look like? An amulet? Some sort of jewelry?
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:38 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Elerian wrote:

2. Thread preferably.

It can be an amulet, stave, talisman, or something like that. But it would likely be symbolic of the wielder's character.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Elerian wrote:

It can be an amulet, stave, talisman, or something like that. But it would likely be symbolic of the wielder's character.

Thanks for that. App up in a bit.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:41 pm

The tag is now an application.

NS Name: SaintB

Character Name: Simone (Cee-moan) Shredd

Appearance:

His father was Tueton and his mother of Aeder descent, Simone got the best physical traits of both. He is a tall strong man with broad shoulders like most of Teutonic stock blended with the fine facial features, pale eyes, and wild red hair of the northmost Aederfolk. Simone is an experienced warrior who can speak Heartlander, Aeder, Avelish, and Celestine. He is educated in the basics of a variety of disciplines, well traveled, and a hearty physical specimen with great strength and endurance built up over a decade's worth of manual labor. His personality is one of intense focus but his bearing is calm to the point where he seems almost detached from everything else. He is a man of his word who does not take a promise lightly; his greatest fault is he would rather die than fail to fulfill an oath.

Nationality: Tueton/Aederfolk

Former Occupation(s): Lumberman, Soldier

Current Occupation: Warder

If a Mage then what Grade are you?:

Noble or Commoner?: Noble

Starting equipment: Chain mail armor with, breastplate, pauldrons, demi gauntlets, and barbute, long (bastard) sword, heater shield

Background/Origin: Simone was the only child resultant of a marriage between a minor noble of Tuetonia named Brenworth, and a woman named Nessah, the youngest daughter of the Cadfael of a small Aeder clan. Simone was the pride of his mother and father and grew up with all the comforts and benefits his family could afford as well as the very best education they could offer. He was taught fencing and horse riding like so many other boys of his status but unusually he was taught to read and write in both of his family's native languages as well as the basics of geometry, geography, and alchemy; he was even schooled for a bit in music and art because his father believed in providing his son as many experiences as he could. When civil war erupted in Tuetonia his father sent Nessah and his then nine year old son to her home in Aled Aederyn for their protection. He had plans on bringing them home once the violence died down but unfortunately a count named Dhagon had his eye on Brenworth's land and used treachery to kill Brenworth and annex his fiefdom.

Simone would finish growing up in a new and different land with a far different lifestyle. The Cadfael did his best to continue to foster his grandson's education but life with for Aederfolk is very different from that of the Tuetons. The clan's primary source of income was from lumber and as soon as Simone was considered old and strong enough to swing an ax at 12 he joined the rest of the men in his mother's family in the forests every day of the spring, summer, and fall seasons felling trees and then cutting them into suitable logs to be shipped for lumber. It left little time for him to continue receiving a formal education but it did not prevent Simone from learning at least a part of each of the languages spoken by the common folk who worked for his grandfather. For six years he worked as a lumberman with his grandfather until he reached adulthood and was then committed to the war effort against the Celestine Empire.

He did his duty and fought the invaders alongside his kin and adopted countrymen for two years, all during that time he grew into the opinion that only a united Dagonach could hope to defeat the overwhelming armies of their enemy. Alas, not many leaders among the Aederfolk were willing to listen to the grandson of a minor Cadfael who was too far removed from the family to even receive a knighthood in Aled Aederyn and who had no nobility to claim even in his father's home so when his two years was over Simone bid farewell with his grandfather and cousins and set off with his mother to Tuetonia to make a rightful claim on his father's lands.

The journey to his father's homeland proved to be fruitless. He spent many months trying before he even received a hearing from a judge about his claims and even then though many knew his claim was true he lacked the proper documentation of his lineage. Nessah's health began to deteriorate as they combed through records in the capitol and she would die soon, but not before finding out about the circumstances behind her husband's death and the treacherous way that Dhagon had obtained the land by destroying the existing records. Thus armed Simone buried his mother and renewed his plea with the bureaucracy with evidence of what had happened. His claim was judged to be valid but now he had one more obstacle in his way... when Benard had taken the power of the throne he had seized all land controlled by those that did not support him and would not return the titles unless a bounty was paid for their release. Simone did not have enough coin and would not seek a loan from a stranger to purchase back the land stolen from his family and so he departed from Tuetonia.

Eventually he was recruited into The Grey Company. Given the situation they find themselves in they could hardly pass up a candidate such as he.

RP Sample (mandatory): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=326874

Other: Still motivated to retain his father's title, whether he has to buy it or somehow find membership in in Tuetonia's Golden Lions. If he can get back into the nobility he hopes to use his family ties in Aled Aederyn to agitate for a united front against Celestine.
Last edited by SaintB on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:35 pm

NS Name: Raktio

Character Name: Sarnai of the Boshkif

Appearance: She's got dark brown eyes, stands roughly five feet, seven inches tall, and she keeps her hair grown down to the bottom of her shoulder blades.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 1c8d55.jpg

Coming from the warmer south Sarnia often will dress warmer for colder climates than the natives. She dislikes woven material, though she admits it's nice for bandaging, and for the most part sticks to furs and leather. Well maintained in personal hygiene, she likes to get herself washed at least two times a week.

She keeps her hair braided in a few simple braids, and only takes down the braids for rebraiding and for washing. She also has a piercing in each ear, which usually she'll put small studs into, however for formal occasions such as ceremonies and meeting important people she'll switch to something fancier (like the big hoop), but not to fancy as to keep the wild woman appearance.

Nationality: Wild South

Race: Human

Former Occupation(s): Warrior and hunter.

Current Occupation: Mage

If a Mage then what Grade are you?: Magus

Noble or Commoner?: Commoner

Starting equipment:
Weapons - Composite recurve shortbow, glaive, mongol sabre, dagger.
Clothes - Regular (riding) clothes, fur lined winter clothes, hair ties, small collection of earings.
Other - Horse, saddle, horse blanket, reins, bridal, tethering rope, saddlebags.

Background/Origin (minimum of 400 words): Sarnai's early childhood and pre-teen life is rather standard for a Wild Southerner. Like the rest of the Boshkif and many others who lived within the Wild South, she grew up in a saddle with a bow in hand. She, along with six others, Dysim, Kuskan, Treyda, Vaek, Ejan, and Bawek, trained together to one day become Boshkif warriors, learning tactics and strategy in addition to how to fight.

They all had just turned eight when the group of them were allowed to join on their first raid. The plan was to go in and steal a herd of horses from the Telmet, and their job was to distract and draw away the Telmet. While the raid was different each time, it was a practically ritual each Boshkif warrior had to go through as a test to see if their cunning was just as proven as their skill as a fighter.

The small group, after getting some scouting done made up a plan. Ejan had noted that all to far off was a herd of grazing cattle which nobody had disturbed out of the area yet, and so there was a possibly that they herd the cattle through the Telmet camp. After a little more discussion, with no better ideas brought up, they went with the plan.

Once they managed to get the cattle going in the right direction Sarnia, Dysim and Bawek took up lead in front while the others continued to herd the cattle. The three in the front were the most skilled archers, so they would be taking down anybody who did not start fleeing once in range. However the cattle, as it would seem, had things other than charging through a tent city in mind, and spilit around it.

The three in front, unlike the cattle, kelt going, and took down the guards before entering the city. Dysim hesitated, using his legs to halt his horse, and attempted to turn around, only to have a arrow protrude through his back. Sarnia and Bawek continued on, putting arrow after arrow into whoever they saw in the camp.

The pair made it half way before Bawek got hit by an arrow in the shoulder, and a short time later Sarnia ran out of arrows. By the time they were mostly through however, they found themselves faced with a wall of Telmet warriors. Turning her horse to the side and swinging over to,ride on only one side while using her mount as shield, she avoided being hit while Bawek took four to the chest.

At this point came her first close quarters kill, since up to now it had been all ranged kills, and most of thise were just severe wounds. Up ahead was a man carrying a jug of water, and out of reaction, she stood up again, and grabbing her sword, she hacked him down where he stood. Despite this being a up close and personal kill, she found this to be neither negative or positive, it wasn't that she enjoyed taking his life, but rather that she would have cared not whether she take it or not.

A short time later she managed to get back home, where the survivors where harshly scolded for their bad strategy and uncommon stupidity, then given several explanations of much better strategies. While still in training, they were now brought along when they conducted warfare with the other klans, while Sarnia was skilled compared to the rest of her group, she still had much to learn.

Over the next several years she became a much more able warrior, with a lack of concern for life and death, she was often was the point on a charging formation. Nothing in the realm of magic occurred to her until she was fourteen.

At first the the magic presented itself in small ways which were often unnoticeable such as being completely missed by arrows even when fired directly at her. However by the age of fifteen, she started to control it by accident, more often then not empowering her weapons through it. While uncommon, there were at least legends of mages in the Wild South who took up the title of Shaman, known for leading their Klan to greatness. While she didn't take up the title, other Klans soon caught on that the Boshkif had a Shaman, and so several united to crush the Boshkif and their allies.

The battle was rather quick and decisive as the Boshkif were well out numbered, and the survivors were forced into retreat. The word was given that on the condition that if the Shaman was exiled to the north that the prisoners would be released alive. Forced to go with the terms, Sarnia said goodbye to those she knew and headed into the northern lands.

As she travelled, she began exploring her mythical power more and more, using it to start fires, manipulate water and launch a bolt of energy like an arrow. Completely estranged in the quickly becoming foreign lands, she found a caravan to travel with, and learned rudimentary Vienish while traveling with them. She also inquired about mages, and found out about the guilds, which hardly ever bothered with the Wild South since, as proven, the Wilders tended to deal, with their mage problems with lots of violence until the mage problem, even if the problem was not even a problem yet.

The caravan folk quickly caught on that she was a mage to some level quickly after she asked which guild seemed to be the best one to be in. At the next city, the caraven master, a old man, managed to ensure she would be put in the Grey Company Guild. Now with the Grey Company for years, and with her magic mastered, she makes for a exceptional fighter having kept her skills with mundane weapons honed, because nobody expects the Wilder barbarian to be using magic.

RP Sample: EHEG
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349453

Other: Knows Karancali, Surdic, Boshka (tribal, rusty), and Vienish. She tries to keep herelf fluent in the three semi-common languages, often talking with traders and other travellers.

Defiantly WIP, if we need more Wardens I'll make him.
Character Name: Adalwolf Reikatz

Appearance:

Nationality:

Race: Dwarf

Former Occupation(s): Blacksmith, soldier, rune crafter.

Current Occupation: Warden

Noble or Commoner?: Noble

Starting equipment (Be reasonable, Warders generally get the pointy things, Mages usually have Talent amplifying thingies): Armor (details pending), Broadsword

Background/Origin (minimum of 400 words):

RP Sample (mandatory):

Other:
Last edited by Raktio on Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:37 pm

SaintB wrote:Tag for later tonight.

Raktio wrote:Sweet!

Nice seeing the both of you here.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:47 pm

NS Name: Free Empire of the Low Isles, A.K.A Free

Character Name: Ibrahim al-Hashid, Rah

Appearance: A muscular man of about 5'7, with more of a swimmer/runner build than a body builder or 'true warrior'. He has long, black hair that is typically pulled back into a ponytail, and a black goatee. He typically wears his armor, which obscures his facial features, but when he does not, he can be considered a handsome man. He has a thin, white scar running from his right temple down across his eye to his jaw. His eyes are a dark, stormy gray.

Picture of Rah in his armor

Nationality: Karancali

Race: Human

Former Occupations: Pickpocket, tavern worker, mercenary

Current Occupation: Warder

Magic Level: Postulant

Birth Right: Commoner

Starting equipment: Janbiya, Two-Handed Khopesh, Warder Bharda Amulet, robes of average quality, leather boots, leather gauntlets, one right leather shoulder guard, large satchel of basic provisions(i.e. one pot, water, rations, sleeping roll)

Ibrahim al-Rashid was the fifth son of a poor merchant in the city of Jaaita. His mother was the third wife of the merchant, a prostitute merely married because she was with the merchant's child. Ibrahim had a hard life ahead of him from the beginning, being without inheritence like his two oldest brothers, without assured work like his other two brothers, and without the certain marriage his sisters faced. He was the fifth of the useless third, and had no lot in life.
So he had to make himself one. As soon as he was old enough to do so, he watched. He observed. His mother had forced him to realize his horrid destiny, and that he needed to change it. So he learned. He learned that in the world, the spoken word can be used just as effectively as the blade, and that money trumps both on any day of the week. He learned the sleazy, lying ways of his father, the threatening ways of the goons and gangs on the corners, and the stealthy ways of his fellow children, the pickpockets of Jaaita. This combination was fatal from one of such a young age. He quickly rose in the gangs of pickpockets that roamed the streets, being the distraction and leader most of the time. He could pick a mark with the best of them.
Then his mother died, and his father did not really have anything connecting him to Ibrahim. Rah was thrown out of his 'home', if it could be called that, and out the street. While he had run the street with children for a long time, that was drastically different compared to sleeping on them. It was uncomfortable, and the other children quickly lost respect for their previously rich and superior leader. He became a pariah. He was around ten years old.
When Ibrahim was around twelve, he finally found pity. A tavernkeeper by the name of Abubakr took the ragamuffin in and gave him a job and a tavern. It was good work, and it gave Rah a reason to start looking respectable again. He had to swear, to the Gods of the Sun, Sea, and Sand that he would never steal, lie, or cheat again. He has kept to that promise ever since. Ibrahim left the tavern at the age of seventeen, to become a mercenary, and at the age of eighteen, was forced into the local guild at the discovery of his magical ability. One last gift from his mother. His freedom was taken from him, and he was made a slave. His power level was low though, and he didn't have the Talent to be kept truly as a slave.
They were going to throw him out again. He became a Warder, simply to protect himself from the highly superstitious crowds of Karancali people. At the age of twenty, Ibrahim was paired with an Avalonian magus by the rather long name of Alyria Avani'ya Krysteilovn'ya Valora. He just settled for the name 'Aly', because it was easier to say and pronounce with his foreign tongue. A year after they had been paired, though, she ran off, leaving him to follow her for a very long time, about two years on the chase. He recently met back up with her, resolving not to return to Avalon, but instead join the Grey Company.

RP Sample: Holy High

Other: Despite having been a talker in his younger days, he's much more stoic nowadays.
Last edited by Free Empire of the Low Isles on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:38 pm

And tag.
Obligatory pros and antis:
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Unapologetic Elder Scrolls Fanatic
HAIL NEREVAR, PRAISE THE HORTATOR

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Officially reserving a Magus character that I was working on for this when it was still an interest thread. Now I just have to dredge up the file somewhere within the bowls of my computer.
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:40 pm

*Smacks head against computer.*

I don't remember who I was gonna pair with, Raktio or Imperialisium...

I DON'T CARE! COME GET YOURSELF SOME BEGGAR PRINCE! FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!

:P

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:41 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:*Smacks head against computer.*

I have cookies and stuff ;)
Resident Fox lover

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Imperialisium wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:*Smacks head against computer.*

SOLD!

To the cookies!

:)

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Imperialisium wrote:

SOLD!

To the cookies!

we could also all join together and have a three way
Resident Fox lover

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Imperialisium wrote:
SOLD!

To the cookies!

Truuuueee...

I dunno if Rah is up for it though...

Yours was the girl that had no handle on her true powers, right?

And I think Raktio had a completely unfeeling psychopath magus...

I'd go for the one that doesn't try to kill us immediately.

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Imperialisium wrote:

Truuuueee...

On second thought I concur
Resident Fox lover

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Imperialisium wrote:
Truuuueee...

Coo.

Beggar Prince and Nervous Girl for the win.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:17 pm

Imperialisium wrote:

Coo.

Yay, cooperation!

I'll get looking at your app in a moment btw.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Elerian wrote:
Coo.

Yay, cooperation!

I'll get looking at your app in a moment btw.

And I'll change the 'To be determined' bit in the bio when I know Imperi's character.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse