NATION

PASSWORD

Decimation |1836 | AH | OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Decimation |1836 | AH | OOC

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:37 pm

Europe... At war again

Napoleon I had successfully cooled the flame of war by 1820. Ireland was free, but lost a quarter of its population and northern Ireland (which was reclaimed in 1827), the British Empire crumbled to form England (with southern India and coast of bengal, and her african colonies) and Scotland, who were allied. German States rebelled under French rule and formed the German Republic. France agreed to let the nation form as a buffering zone between France and Prussia. Prussia met prosperous peace with Poland and France. Austria fell to the ottoman horde. France demanded they cede their land back to the habsburgs, and threatened to declare war. France organized a coalition with the Germans, Russians, English, and Hungarians. Italy joined without choice (Napoleon II made it to French Controlled Italy with his mother to avoid the ottomans, and Napoleon instated him as King of Italy, as Joachim Murat was to be named King of Catalonia and reclaim Spain). The Ottomans slaughtered habsburgs in retaliation, and began decimation. Over 3 Million died, a million of which were ottoman casualties. Germany launched operation Vienna, where 250,000 men occupied Bohemia and Austria. Hungary rebelled, Greece doing it as well (with support of Italy, who landed in Ionian islands). Hungary and Greece pushed most of the ottomans out (by the end of the war, they only owned wallachia and the coast of Bulgaria, keeping thrace of course.) Russia pushed a hard campaign against heavily fortified Ottomans but lost mass numbers of men (approximately 350,000). The Russian people rebelled before the end of the war, forming the Russian Republic. They lost Caucasus coast. The Hungarians occupied Ottoman 'colonies' on the Ukrainian coast and in Crimea. Italy took most ofttripolitania while France claimed the Nile and serset up the kingdom of Israel. Sweden claimed most of Norway and Finland with minimal resistance. The war ended in 1830. It continued for the greeks who reformed the Byzatines. In 1835, England formed a anti French coalition after France militarized their Spanish border. Spain took invasion but failed to prevent a flanking manuever. The Germans joined England's coalition but couldn't commit any troops. Due to this, when they did, France already outmatched it and occupied much of their border. Denmark moved into Holstein and occupied it. Britain occupied Normandy, but left them open to be blockaded by France, Denmark, and Russia.

Now my friends this is the extension rp to the Waterloo one. France has reshaped europe, and is ready to hold its claim to it.

I will have maps up to describe the occupation of territories and such.

Rules are the same as most NS RP's. No meta-gaming, proper Roleplaying, no one liners, no God mod, and realism.

Now for the app!
Code: Select all
General Information
NS Name:
Nation Name:
Flag:
Territory:
Ideology:
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Population:
Civil Rights: /10
Economic Freedom: /10
Political Freedom: /10
Standard of Living: /10
Technological Advancement: /10
Military Number:
History:

Take note, just.because it is AH doesn't mean that you can be greece and own africa. There are some things that must be held to a point. Some stuff also depends on history.

General Information
NS Name: Military Lands of the Scottish People
Nation Name: The Greatest French Empire
Flag:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... e_Flag.svg
Territory: France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Catalonia, Piedmont, Switzerland, African Colonies (See map), Cambodia, South Vietnam, and Louisiana (state territory, not the Louisiana territory)
Ideology: Bonapartist
Head of State: Napoleon Bonaparte I
Head of Government: Same
Population: 50,000,000-70,000,000
Civil Rights: 7/10
Economic Freedom: 5/10
Political Freedom: 4/10
Standard of Living: 10/10
Technological Advancement: 10/10
Military Number: 400,000 Army
50,000 National Guard
50,000 Foreign Legion
4 Fleets (consisting of- 1 First Rates, 5 Third Rates, 14 Frigates, 20 Brigs, 35 Cutters, 60 Schooners, 80 Gunboats)
20,000 Marines
10,000 Algier Guard
10,000 Morrocco Guard
50,000 Colonist Infantry
10,000 Colonist Cavalry
50,000 Vietnam Garrison
10,000 Hussars
10,000 Cavalry
10,000 Lancers
10,000 Cuirassiers
5,000 Dragoons
40,000 Old Garde
25,000 Garde
55,000 Young Garde
10,000 Garde Cavalry
9,000 Artillery Guns
History:
Formed after the french revolution, the French Empire set its mark in stone, taking everything west of the rhine, destroying the Holy Roman Empire, and forming the confederation of the Rhine. It then went forward into hostile land, destroying the Papal States and Venice, subduing Austria and Prussia, and silencing Britain. But then they invaded Russia. They had some victories of course, but winter, Sabotage, and the British invasion of Spain left France open. Napoleons empire crumbled. Atleast for the time being. Went Napoleon went to exile, he planned another campaign for France. When he escaped and was put back on the throne, Napoleon commenced his plan, which was to divert 100,000 veterans to intercept the Germans and Russians, and 60,000 veterans to deal with Wellington. So when the battle of waterloo occurred, it was a crushing defeat to the coalition. Napoleon quickly regrouped afterwards and focused on North Germany. He eventually reached Berlin, reformed the Rhine Confederation, reformed the Kingdom of Italy (Naples took over Paple States and Sicily), had the Ottomans conquer southern Hungary and Crimea, and retook Catalonia. At the battle of the Eagles, the Prussian and Austrian army was destroyed, a year after the battle of Waterloo.

See history

Roster-
Greatest French Empire- Military Lands of the Scottish People

*reserved
**puppet
***colonial government
****german state
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Reserved
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Tag. Now that there are Byzantines, it will be really hard for me to choose between them and Prussia..
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:55 pm

what happened to America? and also would we have to re-apply?
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 pm

General Information
NS Name: Akksum
Nation Name: Republic of China (PC
Flag:Image
Territory: Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Beijing, Inner Mongolia, Shanxi, Henan, Anhui, Shandong, Jiangsu, Anhui, Zhejiang, Fuijan, Taiwan, Jiangxi, Guangdong, Hainan, Guangxi, Yunnan, Sichuan, Guizhou, Chongqing, Hubei, Hunan, Shaanxi, Gansu, Qinghai, Xinjiang, Korea, Mongolia, Tibet.
Ideology:
Head of State: President Kho Yongnian
Head of Government: President Kho Yongnian
Population: 330,815,000
Economic Freedom: 8/10
Political Freedom: 6/10
Standard of Living: 6/10
Technological Advancement: 8/10
Military Number: 330,000 Active, 1,050,000 Reserve
History:
The Qing dynasty is established in China, taking over the former Ming dynasty which was having troubles with the people. Many people at the time didn't favor the new monarchy, as it was a outside dynasty leading to large scale rebellions across the lands. Due to European colonization around the area, ways of life were changing within china due to smuggling of goods. Documents filled with ways of governments got into china, leading to the formation of the PRD (Peoples Right of Democracy). The group being headed by Pong Yaochuan, a former General of the Ming dynasty having not been executed or forced to stay in the military. He believed it was the only path for china, so on August 20th, 1645 he lead the Shanghai revolution. Within days of the revolution, many other revolutions sprouted up around the former empire causing wide spread panic in the empire. Outside empires hearing of this in the isolationist country of china began to funnel money into the rebels, and forces. By December 26th, 1649 Beijing had been captured by the PRD and the emperor hoisted from his throne, making way for the new republic. The republic made their capital, Beijing as many other countries that had taken over china, since the time they had instituted laws allowing the people of China to vote, allowing for free trade to prosper inside the country.

The Republic of China after forming began to accept other western ideals such as technology, effectively ridding itself of its isolation which had been in progress since the 1400's by the Ming dynasty. By 1652, the Republic of China had begun to create a modernized army with European technology to stand up for itself if conflicts broke up. They used the reserve of the former Chinese empires of Gold, and Silver allowing for them to do many things to follow. As they westernized, many people thought it was a bad idea staging rebellions across the empire. Though all rebellions failed, but thousands lost their lives over the westernization of China. Once out of isolationism, the Chinese Republic began to establish ties Economically, and Politically with its neighbors, establishing more so with Western neighbors, then Eastern. Establishing ties with the English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian powers gave the Chinese power of the land of Asia as many of the powers controlled the trade around Africa. Once the ties were made with the nations, the religions that followed were allowed in the country, seeing as the Government did not favor one religion over enough. They believed that the people should be equal no matter religion, or race.

The Republic of China 1674, President Shiau Zhengzhong takes power of China believing that China should spread its land borders across asia, beginning to move units towards the Mongolian, Tibetan, and Korean borders. On April 5th, 1675 the Republic of China formally declared war on all 3 of the countries, moving their units into the borders of the nations. As the supplies running to the units was terrible, a majority of the Republic of China's casualties resulted due to poor supply of the areas. The wars totaled to 40,000 Chinese men lost their lives, but 70,000 Koreans, 60,000 Mongolians, and 100,000 Tibetans in the wars. Once establishing their power inside the new countries, they established them as states of the country, allowing them to democratically elected their own officials for the government, and giving their people rights to vote. Though units were established across them in Military bases, just like everywhere else the people were somewhat accepting of the change. The people of the areas were allowed to keep their Cultures, and religions that they had for so long.

In the wars that followed the rule of Napoleon, the Chinese empire made itself neutral in the conflict, though secretly backing the Napoleon regimn of france. Using the time to fully modernize their army, and navy to combat even the British on both land and sea. By 1823 the Chinese military had incorporated Western arms fully into the military, allowing for them to be one of the most feared forces in the world. Inviting Officers from around the world, to help with the push of technological advancements in Military as well. Now at the Height of the Chinese Republic the economy rose aswell, allowing for jobs to be mass produced around the country. An industrial revolution taking hold within the country to combat the needs of mass production a new way of production then just by hand was made. Factories were made to help increase production, and ways are being thought of to increase production in terms of supply lines...
Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:what happened to America? and also would we have to re-apply?

I will add what happened.

We lost the battle of goliad but it was only pyrrhic. They reclaimed the states with a small army and due to the fortifications they lost. America claimed my territory plus the new Mexico territory. Luckily, Spain still owns new Spain due to this. So the Spanish empire still exists. And we are good allies

Akksum
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:what happened to America? and also would we have to re-apply?

I will add what happened.

We lost the battle of goliad but it was only pyrrhic. They reclaimed the states with a small army and due to the fortifications they lost. America claimed my territory plus the new Mexico territory. Luckily, Spain still owns new Spain due to this. So the Spanish empire still exists. And we are good allies

seeing how massive china is, i thought it would only be reasonable to start the industrial revolution.
Beloved quotes:

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:19 pm

I'll app once there's a map.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Reserve me for Gran Colombia
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Sanabel wrote:I'll app once there's a map.

Of course, I've been making small hand drawn maps. I have one currently for Europe and the current war (Shows occupation and stuff). I am preparing one for the russian front in the ottoman war and the russian civil war. Once I find some good blank maps for africa, americas, and asia I will make them.
Cabana wrote:Reserve me for Gran Colombia

Got it
Akksum wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:I will add what happened.

seeing how massive china is, i thought it would only be reasonable to start the industrial revolution.

Hm. Maybe

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Tag. Now that there are Byzantines, it will be really hard for me to choose between them and Prussia..

Byzatines own Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Bosnia, Parts of Serbia and Bosnia, Bulgaria, and parts of Romania. They're claims are anatolia and Syria. Israel is allied with them and so is Hungary. France, Italy, Russia, and Poland are supplying both.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Sanabel wrote:I'll app once there's a map.

Of course, I've been making small hand drawn maps. I have one currently for Europe and the current war (Shows occupation and stuff). I am preparing one for the russian front in the ottoman war and the russian civil war. Once I find some good blank maps for africa, americas, and asia I will make them.
Cabana wrote:Reserve me for Gran Colombia

Got it
Akksum wrote:seeing how massive china is, i thought it would only be reasonable to start the industrial revolution.

Hm. Maybe

K, thanks. I'm looking for a fun AH nation.

I'll be rather upset if China is the birthplace of the industrial revolution in this AH.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Of course, I've been making small hand drawn maps. I have one currently for Europe and the current war (Shows occupation and stuff). I am preparing one for the russian front in the ottoman war and the russian civil war. Once I find some good blank maps for africa, americas, and asia I will make them.

Got it

Hm. Maybe

K, thanks. I'm looking for a fun AH nation.

I'll be rather upset if China is the birthplace of the industrial revolution in this AH.

I am considering who will lead it. Germany, Prussia, France, or England will start it but in China it will be quite powerful. They were helped by France and Scotland, and their economic policies are quite modern. Doesn't make them a god though.

Akksum
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Sanabel wrote:K, thanks. I'm looking for a fun AH nation.

I am considering who will lead it. Germany, Prussia, France, or England will start it but in China it will be quite powerful. They were helped by France and Scotland, and their economic policies are quite modern. Doesn't make them a god though.

Thats why i'm saying factories just occured. They're goign to MASS produced, which will actually hurt our economic prosperity for a moment. We will also be trying to invent ways of fast travel for a while, so no insta-railroads for us.
Beloved quotes:

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:21 pm

Also, the Ionian islands were annexed by Italy

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:23 pm

China won't completely modernize without repercussions. Seeing its a republic, if he goes to fast they will replace him.

Akksum
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:China won't completely modernize without repercussions. Seeing its a republic, if he goes to fast they will replace him.

I know, it would be the PEOPLE building the factories. Thats why I said it would hinder china for a bit, the government is providing protection, thats about it.
Beloved quotes:

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:50 pm

I've been looking to RP an independent Germanophonic country in either Pennsylvania or the upper Midwestern US for quite awhile. It would be fun.

Not saying this is the RP to do that tho.

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Tag mhm.

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:41 pm

General Information
NS Name: Cabana
Nation Name: Federal Republic of New Granada (República Federal de Nueva Granada), New Granada (Nueva Granada)
Flag:
Territory: Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Panama, Northern Peru, Western Guyana, Northwestern Brazil
Ideology: Conservatism
Head of State: Presidente Francisco de Paula Santander
Head of Government: Presidente Francisco de Paula Santander
Population: 94,695,762
Economic Freedom: 4/10
Political Freedom: 5/10
Standard of Living: 7/10
Technological Advancement: 4/10
Military Number: Army of New Grenada (Ejército de la Nueva Granada) has 26,000 standing and 97,000 in reserve, Navy of New Granada (Armada de la Nueva Granada) has 14 ships currently in service
History:
The standard history of New Granada happened uniting New Granada and Venezuela into Gran Colombia. In 1828, the governments of all of the Gran Colombian states signed a new federalist constitution and created the Federal Republic of New Granada to serve in it's place. The new government proceeded to strengthen ties with the other South American governments and the New Spanish/Mexican government.

I'll admit I didn't really know what to put for the history so if I need to expand on it let me know.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Tag, reserve Ireland
Last edited by The Peoples East Africa on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Russian people of america
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Obviously i'm gonna reserve Scotland,
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Yes, my nation has a funny name. It was originally a puppet.

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:05 pm

just to put it on paper im reserving the USA
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:just to put it on paper im reserving the USA

Without me even to ask for my AH ideas...uughhhhhhhhhhh.

Guess that's off the table.

Mangjukoia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangjukoia » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:56 pm

NS Name: Mangjukoia
Nation Name: Dai Nippon / Yamato Japan / Yamato Dynasty
Flag: Imperial Chrysanthemum
Territory: Japan, the Ryukus, and Ayutthaya (Vassal State)
Ideology: Nationalism, Imperialism, Conservatism, and Daijo-kan
Head of State: Emperor Ryuhito
Head of Government: Shogun Rikuhito
Population: 48,282,000
Civil Rights: 4/10
Economic Freedom: 7/10
Political Freedom: 3/10
Standard of Living: 7/10
Technological Advancement: 7/10
Military Number: 200,000 men strong Imperial Army made of the Samurai and the Ashigaru from the Satsuma Domain, and the 10,000 men strong Imperial Navy from the Choshu Domain, with only 10 Galleons of Western design, 150 Atakebune ships, 350 Shuinsen, and hundreds more smaller ships, such as Tekkousen and Sekibune ships.
History:
Starting with initial influence of the Kemmu Restoration, another Emperor, Emperor Kohito came to reign as only a figurehead just as some of his predecessors, however, reviving the ideals of the Kemmu restoration in 1549, a start of the influences of western religion and the middle of Sengoku Jidai. he Emperor Kohito, using the Imperial Court, the peasantry, and the Imperial loyalist Daimyos, igniting the Kohito Restoration of 1549. With influence of daimyo who were unhappy with the Oda, the Imperial Court united the men under the Imperial Clan of the Yamato, either by loyalty to the Emperor or enticed by rewards of land and gold. With their combined force, they chipped away at the strength and land of the Oda and their allies, under the Imperial Court until they ceased resistance to join the Imperial Court. By this time, it had already become the 1600s. For the next 20 or so years, the strength of the Japanese imperial domain grew, extending from the southern tip of the Ryukus to the north of the Kurils.

With the influx of foreigners, trade came from Europe with golds and technology. These gains of precious material came at a price though. Christianity came and brought along the questioning of the Emperor's divine will. With this, Christian revolts became common place, however were so ever quickly put down, with public executions becoming more and more frequent. All Christians were forced away from Japan, including Japanese themselves, causing a migration to Ayutthaya, where many diaspora of Japanese lived. By 1634, word that the Japanese diaspora came to the Emperor, perceived these as attacks on his authority, and ordered soldiers to the Red Seal Ships to attack Ayutthaya. With a long bloody war of aggression as what most know it as, the Japanese, with their new western firearms, won against Ayutthaya, however could not hold it for long. Instead, the Kingdom was offered to surrender it's loyalty to Japan, which they promptly accepted, not perceiving that Japan could not hold on to the Kingdom. Through out the next years, the Japanese settlement in Ayutthaya grew, promptly creating a new clan that would administer the loyalty to Japan straight from Indochina. In these years of peace, the Japanese lands united by Emperor Kohito seemed to splinter once more. The next Emperor, placed the a new Shogun to administer the Daimyo, the Shogun however, were selected by the Imperial Court from the 4 Noble Clans, relatives to the Imperial Clan, however separate.

With the influx of Iberians, also came the British and Dutch. From the imperial perspective, it was the Iberians who posed threatening, as perception was that the Iberians, unlike the British or Dutch, could not separate trade and religion, causing favoritism with these traders, and it was this favoritism that brought Japan to westernize their technology. The history of the western weapons were shown with the Tanegashima, based on the Portuguese arquebus/matchlock, the court saw this as a way to strengthen themselves. With the Chinese invasions of the countries of Mongolia, Tibet, and Korea in 1674, the Imperial Court sought to strengthen their own forces. With no real ties with other nations other than by trade, Japan sent it's first envoys to Britain and France, to establish formal ties with the nations, and to copy their techniques of advancement. By 1800, about 26 years later, Japan had only just begun it's own indigenous projects under the Emperor Ryuhito and Shogun Rikuhito and now, Nippon lives just on par with western technology

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse