NATION

PASSWORD

Bran Castle/ Törzburg (semi-open palace thread TG for entry)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Bran Castle/ Törzburg (semi-open palace thread TG for entry)

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Behold the majestic yet mysterious fortress of Törzburg, also known as Bran Castle. It is located in Transylvania, just outside of the city of Brasov and very near the border with Wallachia, seemingly precariously perched atop a towering and steep cliff, and filled to the brim with dark and winding corridors and passageways. The first castle in this location was built by the knights of the Teutonic Order during the 13th century. However, it was destroyed by the Mongols shortly thereafter. The current castle was originally constructed between 1377 and 1388 by the city of Brasov. Contrary to popular belief, Vlad the Impaler (who was Prince of Wallachia and lived between 1431 and either 1476 or 1477; or so we think), never lived here. Nevertheless, this place has a forboding and perhaps otherworldly air.

Currently it is the late Elizabethan era, around the time of the Spanish Armada. The Principality of Transylvania is a vassal state of the Ottoman Empire, though it is essentially fully autonomous by de facto. As a result of the 1568 "Edict of Torda", Transylvania is one of the most religiously tolerant societies in Europe, despite the attempts of the Hapsburgs to force it to return back to the Roman Catholic Church. For example, Unitarianism, a nontrinitarian offshoot of Protestant Christianity that may have also been influenced slightly by Islam, began here in Transylvania. Unitarianism is considered heretical by most other churches, and it has aroused suspicions in virtually all established religions. Nevertheless, Jasper, a precocious and inquisitive little prince who seems different from the rest and has a great love for knowledge and books (as well as puppies and kittens), is known to be a Unitarian, much to the chagrin of the courtly circles. Prince Jasper is the youngest child in his family, the only boy, and the only non-magical person. Mother and father (a populist who planned to end serfdom and feudalism and redistribute the lands of his vassals to the people who work them) both have died in mysterious freak "accidents".

Prince Jasper does not normally live here at Bran Castle/ Törzburg, as he much prefers his serene and secluded "ivory tower", located deep within the dark evergreen forests of the Carpathians. However, his regent will often force encourage the shy and bashful boy to make public appearances and/ or attend diplomatic galas and balls here. Today he is here to celebrate his 12th birthday, which technically has already happened but has not been celebrated due to complications involving switching from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar (the switch to the new and more accurate calendar was something he requested).

Enough background information, you (a foreign visitor or dignitary) have arrived at the gates of Bran Castle/ Törzburg. Please identify yourself to the captain of the guard. Have you brought a gift for the prince?
Last edited by Unitarian Transylvania on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:55 pm

"Hello sir" His eyes burn red, "I must speak with the prince."
Self-Appointed RPer of The Prince of Darkness, Dracula, Vlad Tepes himself. Theme.
The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
Winter months cause me to go into depression.
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
I am a feminist! #Equality
Pfft. Friends. People claim to be them, but they'll turn their back on you in a heartbeat.
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Skyline United wrote:"Hello sir" His eyes burn red, "I must speak with the prince."

The captain of the guard, evidently a mercenary from The High Tatras, was asleep. How was this man able to fall asleep on horseback? That was something which only those bearded, vodka-swilling barbarians from the steppes could know. He even still had his lance in one hand and his shield in the other, his matchlock rifle still slung over his shoulder and his saber still hanging from his belt. The keys to the castle gates lay on the ground before him.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:
Skyline United wrote:"Hello sir" His eyes burn red, "I must speak with the prince."

The captain of the guard, evidently a mercenary from The High Tatras, was asleep. How was this man able to fall asleep on horseback? That was something which only those bearded, vodka-swilling barbarians from the steppes could know. He even still had his lance in one hand and his shield in the other, his matchlock rifle still slung over his shoulder and his saber still hanging from his belt. The keys to the castle gates lay on the ground before him.

Mason sighed and put the keys back onto the guards belt
"He should really be more careful....I'm not sure how they would react If I just walked through the gate" He mumbled quietly
Self-Appointed RPer of The Prince of Darkness, Dracula, Vlad Tepes himself. Theme.
The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Pfft. Friends. People claim to be them, but they'll turn their back on you in a heartbeat.
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Another foreign mercenary being used as a sentry approached, though he was on foot and armed primarily with a massive two-handed sword that could probably chop the head off a pike. He was outlandishly dressed in a characteristically Teutonic fashion, and he was likely from Auzkhia, as he noticeably had actual cat ears and tail.

"You are an honest man. That is a much rarer trait than one might imagine. My list says your name is Mason. Is that correct?"

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:Another foreign mercenary being used as a sentry approached, though he was on foot and armed primarily with a massive two-handed sword that could probably chop the head off a pike. He was outlandishly dressed in a characteristically Teutonic fashion, and he was likely from Auzkhia, as he noticeably had actual cat ears and tail.

"You are an honest man. That is a much rarer trait than one might imagine. My list says your name is Mason. Is that correct?"

"I have never told anyone my name, but yes"
He was wearing a cloak that covered his wings, making him appear as a normal man.
Last edited by Skyline United on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:50 pm

The catboy landsknecht took the keys back from the sleeping Tatran equestrian and opened the doors for Mason.

"Willkommen in Törzburg. The prince himself requested that you be put on the list."

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:52 pm

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:The catboy landsknecht took the keys back from the sleeping Tatran equestrian and opened the doors for Mason.

"Willkommen in Törzburg. The prince himself requested that you be put on the list."

"Thank you"
He removed his cloak revealing his signature flaming wings. He can now be easily identified as the angel of darkness and seen as a threat.
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:33 pm

Skyline United wrote:
Unitarian Transylvania wrote:The catboy landsknecht took the keys back from the sleeping Tatran equestrian and opened the doors for Mason.

"Thank you"
He removed his cloak revealing his signature flaming wings. He can now be easily identified as the angel of darkness and seen as a threat.

The Auzkhian sentry seemed terrified, the suddenly awoken Tatran sentry and his horse even more so.

Soldiers atop the castle walls pointed their weapons at the obviously supernatural visitor. Some were aiming a harquebus or an arbalest, other had flames or ball lightning in their fingertips.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Let him in! He is my friend!" shouted a high-pitched voice from the top of a tall tower.

The soldiers put away their weapons.

"Um... I guess that means you can enter, whoever you are." said the Auzkhian sentry. The Tatran sentry merely yawned and gave a quick nod of recognition. The horse neighed.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:35 pm

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:
Skyline United wrote:"Thank you"

The Auzkhian sentry seemed terrified, the suddenly awoken Tatran sentry and his horse even more so.

Soldiers atop the castle walls pointed their weapons at the obviously supernatural visitor. Some were aiming a harquebus or an arbalest, other had flames or ball lightning in their fingertips.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Let him in! He is my friend!" shouted a high-pitched voice from the top of a tall tower.

The soldiers put away their weapons.

"Um... I guess that means you can enter, whoever you are." said the Auzkhian sentry. The Tatran sentry merely yawned and gave a quick nod of recognition. The horse neighed.

He bowed and a voice can be heard within each of the troops' heads
'Don't ever do that again'
He slowly flew up to the top of the tower
"Hello Jasper"
Last edited by Skyline United on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:46 am

"Oh! Um... Hello! Welcome to Transylvania! Have you seen any of the "kirchenburgen" in our villages? Many of them have very beautiful frescoes and mosaics, although unfortunately some of those have been plastered over by my fellow Unitarians." said Prince Jasper to Mason.

He sounded very nervous and it was obvious that he was trying to provide a pleasant diversion to whatever was troubling him. He was hurriedly combing his long locks of golden hair and tying his velvet hosen to his brocade doublet before slipping into his royal robes and tying his satin sash around his waist, although somehow his gilt and bejeweled circlet was nearly always atop his head and his eyeglasses/ spectacles rarely left his face.

"Never mind that! They expect me to be down there any minute now to greet all of the guests, and there are princesses coming who I am supposed to dance with, but I am too scared to even speak to them. Every time I have tried I either ran away and cried or at least said Um... Um... Um... Uh... and I cannot dance either. I may look willowy but I am anything but graceful. I wish I was at home in my library in the ivory tower with my puppies and kittens."
Last edited by Unitarian Transylvania on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:51 am

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:"Oh! Um... Hello! Welcome to Transylvania! Have you seen any of the "kirchenburgen" in our villages? Many of them have very beautiful frescoes and mosaics, although unfortunately some of those have been plastered over by my fellow Unitarians." said Prince Jasper to Mason.

He sounded very nervous and it was obvious that he was trying to provide a pleasant diversion to whatever was troubling him. He was hurriedly combing his long locks of golden hair and tying his velvet hosen to his brocade doublet before slipping into his royal robes and tying his satin sash around his waist, although somehow his gilt and bejeweled circlet was nearly always atop his head and his eyeglasses/ spectacles rarely left his face.

"Never mind that! They expect me to be down there any minute now to greet all of the guests, and there are princesses coming who I am supposed to dance with, but I am too scared to even speak to them. Every time I have tried I either ran away and cried or at least said Um... Um... Um... Uh... and I cannot dance either. I may look willowy but I am anything but graceful. I wish I was at home in my library in the ivory tower with my puppies and kittens."

He laughed "Stay confident in yourself and I will teach you the two-step"
Mason changes into a young female form
"So, you ready?"
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:00 am

"Um... Okay, I guess I am ready." said Prince Jasper.

He got up and walked towards the transformed Mason, but before he got there he slipped on a wet stone and fell over the edge of an embrasure between two battlements.

"Ahhhhh!!!!! Help me!"

Fortunately, he managed to grab a wooden beam sticking out of the side of the tower, although it was several meters down from the top of the tower.

"I... Evidently, I was not as ready as I thought I was."

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:05 am

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:"Um... Okay, I guess I am ready." said Prince Jasper.

He got up and walked towards the transformed Mason, but before he got there he slipped on a wet stone and fell over the edge of an embrasure between two battlements.

"Ahhhhh!!!!! Help me!"

Fortunately, he managed to grab a wooden beam sticking out of the side of the tower, although it was several meters down from the top of the tower.

"I... Evidently, I was not as ready as I thought I was."

She flew down and brought him back to the tower
She blushed, "My real name is Zakiti."
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:20 am

Footsteps could be heard, and there was knocking on a hatchway in the floor.

"Your highness, it is time for you to come down from there now." said a thickly Hungarian accented voice.

"That is my regent. Quick! Turn back into the way you were at the castle gates." whispered Prince Jasper to Zakiti.

"I know you do not enjoy these ceremonial functions, but international diplomacy is part of your princely duties. You do not want to let my... err... I mean your people down, do you?" said the regent.

"They are not yours or mine! They do not belong to anyone, as you will someday learn when I am old enough to rule without you!" said Prince Jasper.

"You sound so very much like your father. You must be careful or you may suffer his fate someday." said the regent.

"Is that a warning or a threat?" said Prince Jasper.

"You have made yourself many enemies. It is my duty to protect you." said the regent.
Last edited by Unitarian Transylvania on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:25 am

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:Footsteps could be heard, and there was knocking on a hatchway in the floor.

"Your highness, it is time for you to come down from there now." said a thickly Hungarian accented voice.

"That is my regent. Quick! Turn back into the way you were at the castle gates." whispered Prince Jasper to Zakiti.

"I know you do not enjoy these ceremonial functions, but international diplomacy is part of your princely duties. You do not want to let my... err... I mean your people down." said the regent.

"They are not yours or mine! They do not belong to anyone, as you will someday learn when I am old enough to rule without you!" said Prince Jasper.

"You sound so very much like your father. You must be careful or you may suffer his fate someday." said the regent.

"Is that a warning or a threat?" said Prince Jasper.

"You have made yourself many enemies. It is my duty to protect you." said the regent.

She turns back to Mason
"Okay, I'd like to get one thing straight. From what I can see inside your soul, you are a greedy backstabbing man. You see this kingdom as your own and believe you can use Jasper as a-a puppet. Then you try to claim you are protecting him?! He should be protected from you! Now then, I will continue and talk of your plan....."
Last edited by Skyline United on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:06 am

The regent did not even try to respond to Mason's accusations.

"Come..." said the regent to Prince Jasper "...and leave your, err... friend behind."

The regent wanted to call Mason a "monstrosity" or an "abomination", but he knew better than to insult an obviously supernatural entity that was potentially far more powerful than he was. Like many elites, he was a powerful sorcerer himself, and tended to view most non-magical people (other than Prince Jasper, of course) as subhumans.

"Do not try to sneak behind us. He sees everything. He even sees things that I cannot see at all." said Prince Jasper in a fearful tone.

"It will be very difficult for you, but someday you will learn to see things the way I do." said the regent to Prince Jasper in a sarcastic tone.

The two closed the hatch in the roof and subsequently descended down a spiral staircase, leaving Mason alone on the roof of the tower. If he looked down below, he could see the guests were beginning to arrive in the central courtyard.
Last edited by Unitarian Transylvania on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:15 am

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:The regent did not even try to respond to Mason's accusations.

"Come..." said the regent to Prince Jasper "...and leave your, err... friend behind."

The regent wanted to call Mason a "monstrosity" or an "abomination", but he knew better than to insult an obviously supernatural entity that was potentially far more powerful than he was. Like many elites, he was a powerful sorcerer himself, and tended to view most non-magical people (other than Prince Jasper, of course) as subhumans.

"Do not try to sneak behind us. He sees everything. He even sees things that I cannot see at all." said Prince Jasper.

"It will be very difficult for you, but someday you will learn to see things the way I do." said the regent to Prince Jasper in a sarcastic tone.

The two closed the hatch in the roof and subsequently descended down a spiral staircase, leaving Mason alone on the roof of the tower. If he looked down below, he could see the guests were beginning to arrive in the central courtyard.

He whispered into his mind
"Don't trust him. Whatever you do don't drink anything he gives you"
"I will enter through the front gate shortly in my true form as you saw me before. When I enter the building I will mask my power."

Zakiti walks up to a guard
"Excuse me sir.."
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:27 am

A pretty strange young man arrived at the Bran Castle, riding on a black horse. Barely managing to stop in front of the castle, the man jumped down from the horse, looking at the nearest guards.

The man was indeed looking strange. He was wearing a pretty fancy black with gold uniform, with a dark purple cloak. The cloak was perfectly matching the color of his purple right eye, while his left eye was hidden behind a black leather eye patch, the same color like his raven hair. Besides from a sword, the man didn't seem to be armed.

"My name is Alexander Bălcescu, Boyar of Brăila.", the purple eyed man started to speak. Bălcescu was known for many things. He was a close counselor of the Prince of Wallachia, but his anti-ottoman feelings were well known.
"My overlord, Prince Mihnea II of Wallachia has sent me to congratulate Prince Jasper for his birthday, and of course, to give him a gift. May I enter the castle?", Alexander asked.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:38 am

Tracian Empire wrote:A pretty strange young man arrived at the Bran Castle, riding on a black horse. Barely managing to stop in front of the castle, the man jumped down from the horse, looking at the nearest guards.

The man was indeed looking strange. He was wearing a pretty fancy black with gold uniform, with a dark purple cloak. The cloak was perfectly matching the color of his purple right eye, while his left eye was hidden behind a black leather eye patch, the same color like his raven hair. Besides from a sword, the man didn't seem to be armed.

"My name is Alexander Bălcescu, Boyar of Brăila.", the purple eyed man started to speak. Bălcescu was known for many things. He was a close counselor of the Prince of Wallachia, but his anti-ottoman feelings were well known.
"My overlord, Prince Mihnea II of Wallachia has sent me to congratulate Prince Jasper for his birthday, and of course, to give him a gift. May I enter the castle?", Alexander asked.

Zakiti watched the man curiously
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:02 pm

The Tatran handed the guest list to the Auzkhian.

"Me no can reads, Franz. Can you reads?" said the Tatran to the Auzkhian, completely butchering the local language in a thick Slavonic accent.

"Ich? Lesen Sie, ja. Schreiben, nein." answered the Auzkhian to the Tatran in an equally thick Teutonic accent.

"Is he on list?" asked the Tatran to the Auzkhian.

"Ja." answered the Auzkhian. He punched a hole next to the newly arrived guest's name.

"You comes in, Pan Bălcescu." said the Tatran. Then he lifted his canteen and immediately guzzled the entirety of its contents, a locally made slivovitz.

"My associate... they say he was the village idiot in whatever tin pot country to the east of here that he came from. That is why he is here and in command of a few sentries instead of raiding lucrative Turkish ports on the Black Sea coast with his comrades. Do not worry, he probably does not understand what we are saying anyways." said the Auzkhian to Alexander Bălcescu, Boyar of Brăila.

"Where can me gets more this stuff?" said the Tatran.

(OOC: Yeah, the guards are very stereotypical. That is entirely intentional.)

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:07 pm

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:The Tatran handed the guest list to the Auzkhian.

"Me no can reads, Franz. Can you reads?" said the Tatran to the Auzkhian, completely butchering the local language in a thick Slavonic accent.

"Ich? Lesen Sie, ja. Schreiben, nein." answered the Auzkhian to the Tatran in an equally thick Teutonic accent.

"Ja." answered the Auzkhian. He punched a hole next to the newly arrived guest's name.

"You comes in, Pan Bălcescu." said the Tatran. Then he lifted his canteen and immediately guzzled the entirety of its contents, a locally made slivovitz.

"My associate... they say he was the village idiot in whatever tin pot country to the east of here that he came from. That is why he is here and in command of a few sentries instead of raiding lucrative Turkish ports on the Black Sea coast with his comrades. Do not worry, he probably does not understand what we are saying anyways." said the Auzkhian to Alexander Bălcescu, Boyar of Brăila.

Zakiti walked over to the guards
"Can you help me? Im lost."
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Unitarian Transylvania
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Unitarian Transylvania » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:15 pm

"He... He is probably even more lost than you are, but perhaps I may be of assistance, although I cannot leave him alone for very long. He cannot be trusted by himself. What is your name, young frau?" said the Auzkhian to Zakiti regarding the Tatran.
Last edited by Unitarian Transylvania on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skyline United
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyline United » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:"He... He is probably even more lost than you are, but perhaps I may be of assistance, although I cannot leave him alone for very long. He cannot be trusted by himself. What is your name, young frau?" said the Auzkhian to Zakiti.

"M-my name is Zakiti, princess of Caelum"
(Don't even question it)
Furry and Proud!
<3Holo The Wise Wolf<3
Theme Song

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Unitarian Transylvania wrote:The Tatran handed the guest list to the Auzkhian.

"Well, take here something. For your hard work.", Alexander said, giving the Tatran some golden coins. After that, the purple eyed man turned around to look at the Auzkhian, also throwing him a few golden coins.
"Well, people like him have always existed and will always exist. It happens sometimes.", the Wallachian said."Speaking of it, I think that I am in a similar situation to the young lady over here. It's the first time I have ever visited this.. castle."
Alexander made a small smile when he heard the girl's name.
"Oh, a Princess. Prince Jasper has quite some noble people invited here tonight."
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates