NATION

PASSWORD

AVBF Rugby Sevens (Everything Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

AVBF Rugby Sevens (Everything Thread)

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:45 am

Welcome all to the first edition of the AVBF 7s Tournament in the beautiful Confederacy of Neu Engollon! Please, make yourselves at home and prepare for an exciting competition!

The format and schedule are below:

24 teams: 4 groups of 6, single round-robin (three games the first day and two the second), the top two teams in each group advance to the Cup competition. The remaining teams will be divided into two brackets of eight: 3rd and 4th place finishers will contest the Plate, while 5th and 6th place finishers will contest the Bowl.

SCHEDULE

Sep 30: IC thread goes up
Oct 1: Group draw
Oct 4: MD1 1v6, 2v5, 3v4
Oct 5: MD2 1v2, 6v4, 5v3
Oct 6: MD3 1v3, 2v6, 4v5
Oct 7: MD4 1v4, 2v3, 6v5
Oct 8: MD5 1v5, 4v2, 3v6
Oct 9: Plate and Bowl Quarterfinals
Oct 10: Plate and Bowl Semifinals, Cup Quarterfinals
Oct 11: Plate and Bowl Final, Cup Semifinals
Oct 12: Maracalo Cup Final and 3PPO

FRIDAY

10:00-10:45: Opening ceremonies (Culture Minister speech, March of the Madcaps, Alpenhorn blowing)
11:00-12:15: MD1 games for all groups, with 15 minutes in between game times
12:15-13:15: Lunch/rest break
13:20-15:00: MD2 games for all groups, with 15 minutes in between game times
15:15-16:45: MD3 games for all groups, with 15 minutes in between game times

SATURDAY

10:30 Main Festival and Exhibition Grounds open
11:00-12:15: MD4 games for all groups, with 15 minutes in between game times
12:15-13:15: Lunch/rest break
13:20-15:00: MD5 games for all groups, with 15 minutes in between game times

SUNDAY

10:30 Main Festival and Exhibition Grounds open
11:00-12:30: Plate competition on Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch C
13:45-15:15: Bowl competition on Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch B
15:30-16:30: Cup competition (including 3PPO) on Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch A

GROUPS

Group A (on Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch A)
Natanians and Nosts (1)
United States of Devonta (5)
Euskirribakondara (21)
Polaaskan (UR)
The Lee Islands (UR)
Frenline Delpha (UR)

Group B (on Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch B)
Aels (2)
Elejamie (9)
Marion Oaks (UR)
Semarland (UR)
Maramark (UR)
Novella Romagna (UR)

Group C (on Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch C)
Nova Anglicana (3)
Neu Engollon (5)
Abanhfleft (17)
Smertolina (UR)
Thaldor (UR)
Polar Islandstates (UR)

Group D (on Confederacy Park Exhibition Pitch D)
Racao (4)
Royal Kingdom of Quebec (5)
Hutanjia (13)
Aquitayne (UR)
Scottopian Isles (UR)
Barunia (UR)

POTS

Natanians and Nosts (1)
Aels (2)
Nova Anglicana (3)
Racao (4)

Royal Kingdom of Quebec (5)
United States of Devonta (5)
Neu Engollon (5)
Elejamie (9)

Hutanjia (13)
Abanhfleft (17)
Euskirribakondara (21)
Marion Oaks (UR)

Aquitayne (UR)
Smertolina (UR)
Semarland (UR)
Polaaskan (UR)

The Lee Islands (UR)
Maramark (UR)
Thaldor (UR)
Scottopian Isles (UR)

Novella Romagna (UR)
Frenline Delpha (UR)
Barunia (UR)
Polar Islandstates (UR)

SCORINATION, RP & CUTOFFS

As described in the OOC thread, I will be using the rugby union sevens function of xkoranate 0.3.3. Ranks from the Londinium 7s (2) are being used, based off this NSRB 7’s ranking chart. Aside from previous earned rank, RP will be your other main form of gaining skill points for your team. RPs will be graded on a scale of 0-2.5, capped at two decimal places. Quality over quantity is preferred, as always, but brief, info lacking RPs will earn poor grades, as will RPs stuffed with a mass volume of meaningless filler. Posting a roster will be rewarded with points as well.

In addition to RP posted to the AVBF 7s IC thread (here), RP posted to the AVBF IC Festival thread can earn up to RP bonus of up to an additional 1.25 points, or a possible full 2.5 points in place of RP in this thread. Rosters should be posted in this thread, not the Festival thread.
In other words, total max RP bonus that can be earned for posting to both threads is 2.5, while total max points earned for posting to either/or thread is also 2.5 points. There will be a host bonus, considering the complexity of hosting and running such an event in multiple threads. (I am also scoring the beverage entrants simultaneously)

RP posted to the IC Festival thread, however, must be relevant to, or in reaction to the events taking place in that thread in order to count towards RP bonus, as well as following that thread's rules. RP that is not relevant to the thread will be mod request deleted and result in poor RP bonus score, as well as not being accepted for RP bonus. If you must RP story lines unrelated to either this current rugby sevens tournament or the festival, you can do that here in this thread.

The Festival thread will also have other participants of the festival posting RP, such as brewery and distillery entrants, VIPs, entertainers, food vendors, and festival attendees. You may RP team members, fans or regular festival attendees without having to apply for posting to the Festival thread, but in order to RP brewers/distillers, food vendors, entertainers or VIPs, you must have submitted an application/sign up and been accepted in the main AVBF OOC thread first. I understand that this may be a bit confusing, so feel free to post questions in the Sevens OOC thread or to the AVBF OOC thread.

Cutoffs will be between 00:00 and 02:00 EST (UTC-4) each day, though I will alert you all via the OOC thread should there be a change.

The standard rugby sevens points system will be in effect for this tournament where: 3 points are awarded for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss, and 0 for a forfeit.

Tiebreakers will be (in order): 1. Head-to-head result between the tied teams.
2. Difference in points scored and allowed during pool play.
3. Points scored during pool play.
4. Coin toss (higher RP points).

IMPORTANT LINKS

Brew Festival IC Thread
Brew Festival OOC Thread
Sevens OOC Thread
Rugby Sevens on Wiki
Forum's Official Guide to Sports Roleplaying

RP PERMISSIONS

Please use these RP permissions as part of your roster, so that your opponents may know what they can and cannot RP.

Code: Select all
    [box]Should my opponent RPs first, he/she may do the following:
    Choose my scorers: Y/N
    Godmod scoring events: Y/N
    RP injuries to my players: Y/N
    Godmod injuries to my players: Y/N
    Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y/N
    Hand out red cards to my players: Y/N
    Godmod other events: Y/N[/box]
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:46 am

The IC Festival thread is open now. Please be sure to follow the rules before posting there. For more cultural information, check my Factbook, or the Lonely Multiverse Guide. (The link is also in my signature).

The festival opening day hasn't kicked off yet. The Exhibition ground pitches will be accessible to arriving teams who will receive special lanyard passes to access the Festival exhibition grounds. These teams may schedule practice time on the pitches ahead of the first day of the festival. For the time being, I recommend RPing your preparation to leave, arrival in Burgunden, settling in to your hotel accommodations, exploring the city and practicing, and basically anything but wandering the main festival grounds which are not open yet and in the middle of being set up. Security is tight so you will not be able to sneak in on that side. Be aware that the two timelines will diverge as IC time in the Festival thread usually takes about 4+ RL days and we are looking at 2 RL days for every IC day in this thread. That is if you are RPing anything to do with the festival at all. Questions - TG me.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:46 am

NEU ENGOLLON NATIONAL RUGBY SEVENS SQUAD 'THE GOATS'

Coach: Giuseppe Cosento
Assistant Coach: Rolf Mertzen

First Team
Bartolomeo Fendini - Loosehead Prop (Enbrun Saisers)
Rocco Gondino - Hooker (San Remo Ospreys)
Conrad Gemmel - Tighthead Prop (Ludenthal Wolves)

Horst Emmett - Scrum Half (Ludenthal Wolves)
Wilhelm Hoerner - Fly Half (Schwartzgarten Warriors)
Alexander Renvier - Centre (Telleursville Gargoyles)
Marino Riazzi - Winger (Panoli Dockers)

Reserves
Forwards:
Felix Marten (Torino Terrors)
Silvio Usadino (Ciavno Alpenhawks)
Andino Paticci (San Remo Ospreys)
Guillaume Venmont (Telleursville Gargoyles)

Backs:
Johann Dorff (Burgunden Brawlers)
Giannaro Caravolo (Panoli Dockers)
Ernst Urbach (Burgunden Brawlers)
Hugo Koernsoff (Schwartzgarten Warriors)

Style: + 1.8

HOME
AWAY

GROUP
TBD

GROUP MATCHES
TBD

RP Permissions:
Choose my point scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y, please TG first
Godmod injuries to my players: TG me first, has to be pretty good
Hand out yellow cards (sin bin) to my players: Y
Hand out red cards (sending off) to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y, Please TG me first for OK
Really, I'm down for most anything, just get in touch with me first.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Factbook

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Elejamian national rugby sevens team
Selección de rugby 7 de Elejamia
Elejam rubi 7 tim

Rugby is the third most popular sport in Elejamie, behind ice hockey and handball. Rugby union is the most popular form in Elejamie, followed by rugby league. Rugby sevens, however, is very rarely played at a competitive level; as a result, not only are all the players taken from the EJ-POWR Rugby Championship (the top rugby union league in Elejamie), but also a couple of players here have played for (or, in Kroger's case, are going to play for) the national rugby union team.

However, this wasn't really a problem as the Elejamian Sevens side still managed to exceed expectations, winning all but one of their games; the only reason why they had to compete for the plate was point difference (Natanians and Nosts and Aels went through instead). Despite this, they managed to outperform their opponents. After an easy 31-7 victory over Patistan, Elejamie then bagged a very close 26-19 victory over Ko-oren before ending their amazing plate run with a 26-14 win over Welcomzia. Inspired by this good result, Elejamie are hoping to take home the cup this time round. Will they succeed? Or will it end up being another attempt for the plate? Only time will tell...

Home:

Away:

Coach: Aaron Kim
Captain: Diego Molina
Vice-captain: David Kramer

Forwards

No. Name Age Position Club
1 Marcus Ruiz 27 P Coventry Wyverns
2 Mike Decker 31 P Avon Knights
4 Diego Molina 24 H Auckhampton Birch Trees

Backs

3 David Kramer 29 SH Auckhampton Birch Trees
5 Gary Toda 27 FH Davenport Commandos
6 Phil MacKenzie 33 C Rosetta Sparrows
7 Mical Caerofim 31 W/FB Coventry Wyverns

Subs

8 Riley Kroger 23 P Avon Knights
9 Tom Correy 29 P/H Davenport Commandos
10 Kevin Gabriel 34 SH/FH Rosetta Sparrows
11 Patrick Hayden 26 C Iceland Panthers
12 Adam McCracken 26 W/FB Murgon Bullfrogs

P - Prop
H - Hooker
SH - Scrum half
FH - Fly-half
C - Centre
W/FB - Winger/Fullback

Should my opponent RPs first, he/she may do the following:
Choose my scorers: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y (Longest they can be out is 2 matches. No deaths)
Godmod injuries to my players: Y (See above)
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y (one suspension per match. Longest they can be suspended is 2 matches)
Godmod other events: Y (It might be a good idea to TG me first)
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Schedule

Group Stage:

TBD

Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: N
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
Godmod other events: N

STARTERS
Position:                                  Height                        Weight
Loosehead Prop: Dudre Dudeirsson 5'11" 175 lbs (CAPTAIN)
Hooker: Jan Oseiki 5'7" 160 lbs
Tighthead Prop: Matthew Thakkar 6'1" 185 lbs
Second Row: Yuri Tukhvatulin 6'5" 205 lbs
Second Row: Neil Hynsen 6'3" 203 lbs
Openside Flanker:Preston Manseg 5'11" 196 lbs
Blindside Flanker: Daniel Ithrig 6'0" 199 lbs
8-Man: Harrison Vadlamenti 6'3" 207 lbs

Scrum-Half:Arthur Rolvsson 6'1" 200 lbs
Fly Half: Erik Chlebek 5'9" 175 lbs
Inside Center: Sjurd Haugen 6'0" 190 lbs
Outside Center: Vanja Janowski 5'11" 193 lbs
Left Wing: Bernard Danielson 6'2" 198 lbs
Right Wing: Longin Kasprzak 6'1" 201 lbs
Full Back: Jaropełk Makewski 5'11" 188 lbs

COACHES
Head Coach            Killiam Chlebek
Assistant Coach Serafin Golmoka
Assistant Coach Ludwik Wiater

KIT
Home:
ImageImage
Away:
ImageImage
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Racao
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Racao » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Roster - Londinium Sevens
Rugby in Racao
Rugby is currently one of the most popular sports in Racao, along with athletics and association football. It was originally introduced to Racao with British colonizers; army officers and soldiers would play the game during their off time. Although rugby has been consistently popular in Racao for the past seventy years, Racao has never fielded a rugby team of any sort due to the lack of funding and a lack of development of players. Most rugby played in Racao is informal and played in streets and alleyways, with however many players are available at any one time. As a result of this structure, most rugby players in Racao tend to lack what foreigners would call technique or finesse. However, they do have a considerable amount of raw talent and skill gained from years of experience. Only recently have academies opened to develop this talent into something on par with rugby teams in other nations. Because of this recent development, most of the players on Racao's roster are quite young, with none older than 24.

There is a rugby union league in Racao, with 8 teams, founded about a year ago. Voanorova Valiant was crowned champion, with Port Louis Liberty only one point behind in the standings. Several of Racao's sevens players currently play in this league. Plans are currently in progress to establish a small sevens league. Sevens rugby in Racao is a little smaller than union and league rugby, but because its smaller structure is more entertaining and exciting and less time-demanding, it is on track to grow to be the most popular form of rugby in Racao. The Racao Rugby Federation hopes to achieve success at this rugby tournament, and hopes that this success will further prompt development of rugby in Racao.

Racao performed well during the Londinium Sevens until a devastating loss in the semifinals to Natanians and Nosts as well as to Nova Anglicana in the third-place match, a match that many think should have been the real final rather than the third place match. Nonetheless, what happened happened, but Racao is coming to the Alpen View Beer Festival ready for revenge against Nova Anglicana and Natanians and Nosts in their quest for a sevens rugby title.

Forwards
Prop Jacob Rasoanivo
Prop Nicholas Rakotomalala

Prop Johary Ravaoarima
Prop Aeneas Ramarosoa
Hooker Adam Arisoa
Hooker Samuel Ratatany

Backs
Scrum Half Tahiry Ramboana
Scrum Half Andry Rasolo
Fly Half Paul Ranaivo
Fly Half Albert Randrianarisoa
Center Adrian Rasoavo
Center Ulysses Ombana
Winger/fullback Patrick Silava
Winger/fullback Hery Rasolana

A note on names: Racaoan names often have the prefix "Ra", which is equivalent to the English "Mister"; English-speaking colonizers colonized most of Racao, and French-speakers colonized some of it, so many Racaoans have English and French names, as well as traditional Racaoan names

RP Permissions
You may do anything but severely injure or kill my players. If you want to godmod with my team, please TG me first.

Thaldor
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Thaldor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:18 pm

[box]
Rugby Seven, finally international

by Sarah Kirsten for Sport-Mania.th
In a last second game the first Thaldorian Rugby Seven Team qualified for a tourney in Neu Engollon.
This ending a streak of 20 years without international participation, it was the third try for qualification since founding of the NSRB.
Thaldor was never a huge fan of the Rugby competitions, preferring football . Two major exceptions from this is are of course Albion and Sveriga where it raised to new popularity in the last 50 years.
Particulary after a four year winning series from the 'Nordenhagen Vikings' featuring Sigurd Erikson as Captain.
Rugby seven is definitely the most popular version, setting foot in St.Albans and La Serrinisima for the last 10 years and leading in the foundation of a National competition team for the first time.
The chance might be slim but according to the President of the Thaldorian Rugby Federation (TRF) 'every victory will be one victory more then expected.' According to the last numbers, 40 500 Fans bought a ticket to Neu Engollon to support the team.
The rooster for this year consists mostly of Players from Sveriga and Albion, no surprise there, the greatest surprise was the nomination of Coach Henri Nemec, from Variga, a kingdom not very well known for his long Rugby History.

Rooster (Captain in Blue, Starters in italics):
Coach Henri Nemec - 40 formerly Dynamo Variga

Forwards:
Name - Position - Number - age - club
Olaf Rasmussen - Prop - 1 - 28 - Nordenhagen Vikings
Gregor Adler - Hooker - 4 - 25 - Nordenhagen Vikings
Alexander Fjordson - Prop - 2 - 24 - Nordenhagen Vikings

Steve Porter - Prop - 8 - 22 - Royal Albion
Sigmund Bergmann - Hooker - 10 - 28 - Pendragon Berserks

Backwards
Philip Engel - Scrum Half - 3 - 26 - Pendragon Berserks
Christopher Wallen - Fly Half - 5 - 24 - Royal Albion
David Haas - Centre - 6 - 28 - Nordenhagen Vikings
Arthur Nilson - Winger - 7 - 25 - Londra Athletics

Helmuth Nedved - Scrum/Fly Half - 10 - 24 - Londra Athletics
Lukas Gudmunsen - Centre - 11 - 26 - Royal Albion
Pavel Megar - Winger - 12 - 24 - Pendragon Berserks

RP injuries to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: N
Godmod other events: N[/quote]
Member of the MDP (Mutual Defense Policy)
Thaldorian Embassy Program

Barunia
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Barunia » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Barunian National Rugby 7's Team

Rugby is one of the fastest growing sports in the country, but it is still relatively small. Part of it's growth has been a six-team National Rugby Union Championship, as well as a ten-team 7s league. The 7s league consists of squads from the (all-male) NRUC, some female-only squads, and a couple of mixed gender clubs.

The team nickname is "The Waves", and they will be represented by a 16-player squad.

Female Players in italics
#  Name            Position   Club
---Starters---
1 Glenn MacDonald Prop Newland Power
2 Jeremy Sale Prop South Havenia Bucks
3 Lachlan Stirling Scrum-half South Havenia Bucks
4 Andrew Mortlock Hooker South Havenia Bucks (captain)
5 Eliza Parkin Fly-half Porthaven Lionesses
6 Dominic O'Guinn Centre Western Storm
7 Matilda Roper Winger South Havenia Force
---Reserves---
8 Alex McInross Prop Porthaven Lions
9 Findlay Martin Prop Newland Power
10 Marina Bishop Scrum-half South Havenia Force
11 Lyndon Fox Hooker Western Storm
12 Monty O'Shea Fly-half Sheppardton Knights
13 Adam Burns Centre South Havenia Bucks
14 Sue Reynolds Fullback Porthaven Lionesses
15 Tim Groundman Winger Porthaven Lions
16 Nathan Saint Fullback Western Storm

Coach: Jack Strutton

Kits
Home: Blue and white
Away: Red and white
Head of Dipomacy for the Union of Red Nations
Join the URN! A place for all communists, socialists, and left-wing nations.
I use my factbook!

Officially jolly good sporting chaps! Winners of the 2nd Chap Olympiad! (As MCSA)

Football
Baptism of Fire 51: Quarter-finalists
Cup of Harmony 62 & 64: Runner-ups
Qualified for World Cup 67,68,73,74,75

Rugby Union World Cup 25 - Third Place

Hosts of the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup
Third Place in the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup

Hosts of the Celebration of Field Hockey

Board Member of the World Calvinball Federation

Rugby World Cup 26 Champions
Author of Issue #604

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:42 am

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ABANHFLEFT
National rugby sevens team

This will be the second time that Abanhfleft will be participating in an international rugby sevens tournament. Rugby sevens is, quite frankly, a fringe sport in the Democratic Republic, with most of its players being either rugby union or rugby league players in their professional careers. However, the country simply couldn't resist the temptation to go for some sporting silverware, and therefore the rugby sevens national team that was assembled and sent to Londinium in Nova Anglicana for yet another shot at glory is now back and in Neu Engellon for more glory, and this time they want more than just a bowl. They want a cup!

BASIC INFORMATION
Name of nation: Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Demonym: Fleftic
Official history: This will be the first time that Abanhfleft will be participating in an international rugby sevens tournament.
Team colors: Blue, orange, and green
Style modifier: +3. Offense will be the team's focus.

STARTING SEVEN
Key: Number, name, position, age
#1 Adam Jaden Sforza (Left prop, 24)
#2 Julio Ortega (Right prop, 26)
#3 David Paras (Scrum half, 28)
#4 John Borisov (Hooker, 26)
#5 Nawwaz Shareef Wahhab (Fly half, 31, captain)
#6 Dixon Cochabamba (Center, 27)
#7 Abd al-Latif bin Khalifa (Fullback, 28)

RESERVES

#8 Edwin Braddock (29)
#9 Mile Foreman (22)
#10 Abdulrahman al-Thabsi (25)
#11 Marouane Mahout (21)
#12 Moritz Zilner (22)
#13 Radomir Rakitic (23)
#14 Paul Partridge (24)

RP PERMISSIONS
Anything except killing my players is fair game. But if you've got something crazy in the works, do drop a TG and let's talk about it.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:57 am

Frenline Delpha Anacondas
National Rugby Team

National Information

Name: Frenline Delpha
Trigrame: FND
Classification: Democratic Republic
Population: 2.198 billion
Modifier: +1, slightly offensive
Uniform Colors
Home: Green background, Yellow letters
Away: White background, Green letters

Management Staff

Manager: Trotsky Lepoird
Assistant Manager: Freddy Trinity
Offensive Coach: George Herold
Defensive Coach: Mary Smitherens

Starting XII

Right Prop: #5 Aleksei Vasil
Left Prop: #8 Bailey Simón
Hooker: #2 Isidoro Maitland
Scrum Half: #1 Humphry Silvester
Fly-Half: #4 Théo Erskin
Center: #7 Fiona Sharise
Winger: #10 Loyd Nurullah

Substitutions

Offense: #3 Santiago Milan
Offense: #12 Roman Adolf
Defense: #6 Gert Trufford
Defense: #11 Ralph Cahya
Defense: #9 Hanne Can

RP injuries to my players: Y (No more than three per game)
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y (Go Wild)
Hand out red cards to my players: Y (1 per every three games)
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Semarland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Semarland » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:03 pm

SEMARLAND NATIONAL RUGBY SEVENS TEAM
For the tournament, the side is composed of university players considering there is no ongoing senior domestic rugby sevens league in Semarland.

Manager - Graeme Labonne - Age 27 - Graduate of North Jansberg Polytechnic
Assistant - Yannick Ndongala - Age 25 - Graduate of Axelstad University
Coach - Jannick Hoxmark - Age 24 - Graduate of Dockside University (Kangemark)
Coach - Tyrese Sorensen-Leon - Age 25 - Graduate of Eikborg University
Physio - Carsten Axelsson - Age 26 - Graduate of Kolberg University

#1 - LP - Knudt Strand - Age 20 - Kolberg University
#2 - RP - Thierry Mbala - Age 20 - Dockside University (Kangemark)
#3 - SH - Jannik Haxstrom - Age 20 - Axelstad University
#4 - HK - Olujimi Lawal - Age 20 - Eikborg University
#5 - FH - Mads den Nicklas - Age 20 - University of Jansberg
#6 - CT - Asamoah Mensah - Age 20 - North Jansberg Polytechnic
#7 - FB - Helge Courtborg - Age 20 - Krsthaven Polytechnic

#8 - LP - Sander Fjorsberg - Age 20 - East Adjurgen University
#9 - RP - Javan Romeo - Age 20 - North Belgium Nuholm University
#10 - SH - Abdoulaye Souare - Age 20 - Eikborg University
#11 - HK - Chikelu Dike - Age 20 - Kolberg University
#12 - FH - Yohan Jakobsfield - Age 20 - West Matovallanen District University
#13 - CT - Mats Korlen - Age 20 - Central Fransborg University
#14 - FB - Thor Eriksberg - Age 20 - Dockside University (Kangemark)

RP Permissions: Don't kill or permanently injure any of my players. I reserve the right to change injury severity if necessary. TG me if you think you're gonna do something risky. Cheers!
The Republic of Semarland
Capital: Jansberg - Demonym: Semar/Semarlandic - Trigramme: SEM
sportsat.sem
Hosted: Trindl Cup I/II, Baptism of Fire 68
Champions: Meski Cup I, 5AS WC II, U18 WC I
<Nephara> RETURN OF Sem|Transfers THE PEOPLES' CHAMPION
<Jeck> If Sem RPs as much as he transfers, next cycle we're all screwed
<Yttribia> Sem seems like the sort of guy who'd work at Tesco's and slide his mixtape in each bag

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Coach: Mihai Gabriel da Silva
Psychologist: João Victor Fostar
Physical preparator: Públio Márcus Probo

#Name-Age-Position
3Ion Victor César-25-fullback
5Cáius Cláudius Numídio-23-centre
8Ion Carolus Mihailescu-21-flyhalf
7Lucas Lúcius North-23-scrumhalf
10Gabriel Mihai Ognek-20-hooker
9Logan Márcus Hûs-22-left prop
11Kaeso Nínnio dos Santos-17-right prop

Capitain's name is in blue

Bench:

#-Name-age-position
4-Bruno Iohannis da Silva-28-fullback/centre
13-João Rog dos Santos-18-centre
20-Astrogildo Hermenegildo Mačekvić-19-flyhalf/scrumhalf
21-Willelm Uêin Rúca-21-Hooker
23-Guillaume Numa Bijelo-24-prop/hooker

Choose my scorers: No
godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: No
godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: No
godmod other events: No
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:30 am

GROUP DRAW HAS BEEN COMPLETED. (See OP) MD1 Scoring in 24 hours.

The Festival IC Thread is now open, if you wish to post there as well to earn more RP bonus. Please remember to follow the rules set up for that thread.
My Factbook

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012

Postby Hutanjia » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:34 am

HUTANJIAN NATIONAL RUGBY SEVENS SQUAD 'The SPIDERS'

Coach: Jaunders Malaptra
Assistant Coach: Bentley Reraptke
Trainer: Giancarlo Wziputala

Starting Seven:
Jean-Luc Tarepka - Prop
Francis Yosepgka - Hooker
Emmett Jelego - Prop
Monterrey Apegku - Scrum Half
Vladimir Sokota - Fly Half
Samson Wakala - Centre
Harold Nepedku - Winger

Reserves:
Johannes Charopa - back
Mitchell Zangaka - back
Grendel Lintanu - back
Rhys Pentagke - forward
Townsend Vagatu - forward
Matthew Pitaga - forward
Weston Ketsangu - half

HOME
AWAY

RP PERMISSIONS

Choose my point scorers: Y
Godmod scoring event:s Y
RP injuries to my players: Y, Please TG me first for OK
Hand out yellow cards (sin bin) to my players: Y
Hand out red cards (sending off) to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y, Please TG me first for OK

Barunia
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Barunia » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:04 am

The AVBF may seem like a casual tournament - after all, it's a side show to the main event, the beer festival - but to the Barunian Rugby Team, it is an important event. The tournament will mark the first international game, in any form, for the "Waves", the nickname for the Barunian National Rugby Team. With a world cup on the horizon, the sixteen players who have been selected to compete in this 7-a-side form of the game will be looking to book their place in the full size squad.

The captain of the team is hooker Andrew Mortlock, one of the most experienced players on the team. Mortlock plays for South Havenia Bucks, winners of the first National Rugby Union Championship. Before that, he played for the Bucks as part of the Havenia State Rugby Union, an amateur league. The NRUC is still semi-professional, and all the players on the national team have to support themselves through other jobs. Mortlock works as a tradesman, and is up early for fitness training before a 6am start, then he gets a short break before rugby training in the evening. Stories like this are repeated throughout the team. Eliza Parkin is an early childhood teacher, Lachlan Stirling is an engineer, while Marina Bishop combines rugby and motherhood with a tough job working on the docks. One thing every player has on this team is dedication: they love their sport, and they will pour their blood, sweat, and tears (quite possibly literally) out on the pitch.

(OOC: I'll be at a convention for the next couple of days, so do not expect much from me.)
Head of Dipomacy for the Union of Red Nations
Join the URN! A place for all communists, socialists, and left-wing nations.
I use my factbook!

Officially jolly good sporting chaps! Winners of the 2nd Chap Olympiad! (As MCSA)

Football
Baptism of Fire 51: Quarter-finalists
Cup of Harmony 62 & 64: Runner-ups
Qualified for World Cup 67,68,73,74,75

Rugby Union World Cup 25 - Third Place

Hosts of the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup
Third Place in the 4th T20 Cricket World Cup

Hosts of the Celebration of Field Hockey

Board Member of the World Calvinball Federation

Rugby World Cup 26 Champions
Author of Issue #604

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Nova Anglicana National Rugby Sevens Roster

Manager: Denís Ferrer

Starting VII
Prop: Evan Owen, 26
Prop: Rikhard Halvorson, 28
Hooker: Darrel Cole, 27
Scrum-half: Jared Bouchard, 24
Center: Marc Riviére, 28, captain
Fly-half: Danny Dougherty, 27
Fullback: Jamie Peters, 28

Reserves
Forward: Roland Burke, 22
Forward: Luke Clayton, 24
Forward: Jonah Stallworth, 23
Back: Alex Lyons, 21
Back: Émile Landry, 20
Back: Marius Levesque, 23
Back: Carter Yarbrough, 24

Kit:

RP injuries to my players: Y, nothing serious
Hand out red cards to my players: Y, only if you also give a red to one of your players
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Aels
Envoy

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aels » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:38 am

Aels drawn with Elejamie for second tournament running
NEU ENGOLLON— The draw for the second leg of the NSRB World Sevens Series, with Aels drawn with Elejamie for the second successive tournament.

The Alpen View Brew Festival Sevens is making its debut part of a wider beer and brewing festival, replacing a dwile flonking event which failed to garner widespread interest.

Head coach Rhodri Hughes has named an unchanged 15 for the tournament, although prop Michael James has been dropped to the bench in favour of Glen Rugby's Dai Howells.

AELS SEVENS SQUAD FOR AVBF SEVENS:
(Position/Name/Age/Club; starters in italics)
Forwards
PROP Michael James, 23, Rangers
PROP Anthony Williams, 22, Wasps
PROP Elfyn Thomas, 30, Bulls
PROP Dai Howells, 28, Glen
HKR Tristan Evans, 25, Saints (vc)
HKR Alun Powell, 24, Condors
HKR Dewi Hughes, 28, Rangers

Backs
SHF Glyn Tudur, 27, Crusaders
SHF Elwyn Jones, 30, Wasps
FLY Aled Selwyn, 22, Glen
FLY Dylan Davies, 19, Browns
CTR Rhys Lloyd, 23, Warriors (capt)
CTR Ifan Richards, 25, Firestone
FB Daffydd Pritchard, 27, Falcons
FB Gareth Morgan, 28, Bulls
Main nation: Liventia

Scottopian Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scottopian Isles » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:05 pm

Introducing a first in Scottopian history, the Royal CommonWealth has produced a Rugby team to compete within the 2015 Alpen Veiw Brew Festival. Although the Scottopian Isles does not yet currently have a professional flight of Rugby clubs, their has been great interest for generations in the sport and a vocal majority that are pushing to create the league. However, that is for tomorrow, and today we need a team. A panel consisting of the head coaches from Universities & Colleges across the Scottopian Isles was collected and held a vote on who should become the Manager of the team, who then chose his assistant coach & team medic. From their, the panel used their various talents & scouts to bring together the best players at the senior class level in what at first could be called a University Dream Team, but has become the stepping stone towards the National Rugby Team for the Royal CommonWealth of Scottopian Isles. Although the AVBF is a Rugby 7's tournament, the country is fully behind the team and will be watching closely to see how the team fares & how the lads will project the sport within our nation upon coming home. Best of luck to the 'Boys in Royal Blue' and all other competitors.

Management
Manager: Jack Robinson
Assistant Coach: William Esquire
Team Medic: Dr. Theodore McLogan
Style Modifier: +3.5

First Team
Name & Number - Position - University
David Haas #25 - Hooker - University of the Northern Highlands, MacKenzie
Markus McDermit #11 - Loosehead Prop - University of Capitola, Alba
Joshua Clark #9 - Tighthead Prop - University of Huntington, Huntington
- - - - - - - - - -
Caleb Aduna #3 - Scrum Half - University of South Scottopia, Edwards
Danny Anderson #6 - Fly Half - University of the Northern Highlands, MacKenzie
Scott Wilson #17 - Center - University of Inverclyde, Grianaig - CAPTAIN
Tyler MacDonald #72 - Winger - University of Auchendowrs, Morton

Reserves
Name & Number - Position - University
Jon Brown #7 - Forward - Port Elisabeth College
Stewart Campbell#63 - Forward - University of Capitola, Alba
Murry Thomson #51 - Forward - University of Capitola, Alba
Javier Alverez #42 - Forward - University of San Joaquin, Sacramento
Walker Morrison#19 - Forward - University of Midlothian, Van Bronkhorst
- - - - - - - - - -
Sergio Mendez #2 - Defense - University of Wasatch, Kimball
Graham Duncan #36 - Defense - University of South Scottopia, Edwards
Cameron Johnston #71 - Defense - Milpitas Bay College
Francis Van Hartman #82 - Defense - University of Midlothian, Van Bronkhorst
James Gibson #95 - Defense - Scottopia City College

Choose my scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes after a Telegram
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes after Telegram
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes after Telegram
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes after Telegram
Godmod other events: Yes

Teams
Racao
Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Hutanjia
Aquitayne
Scottopian Isles
Barunia

Scottopain Isles Matches
Group Stage
Oct 2: Royal Kingdom of Quebec vs Scottopian Isles
Oct 3: Scottopian Isles vs Hutanjia
Oct 4: Aquitayne vs Scottopian Isles
Oct 5: Barunia vs Scottopian Isles
Oct 6: Racao vs Scottopian Isles
- - - - - - - - - -
Plate & Bowl/Cup Games
Oct 7: Plate and Bowl Quarterfinals
Oct 8: Plate and Bowl Semifinals, Cup Quarterfinals
Oct 9: Plate and Bowl Final, Cup Semifinals
Oct 10: Maracalo Cup Final and 3PPO
Last edited by Scottopian Isles on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Royal CommonWealth of Scottopian Isles
Proud member of Astyria, East Astyrian Treaty Organization & the World Assembly
Capitol: Scottopia CityRoyal Cities: MacKenzie City, Port Elisabeth, Urquhart
Major Cities: Cappielow City, Davanzas, East Kilbride, Kamehameha, Milpitas Bay, New Greenock
Heads of State: King Scott James & Queen ElisabethPrime Minister: Brian P. Beahm
Government: Consitutional MonarchyCurrency: Scot §2.7015=NS$1Population: 56 MillionArea: 95,617 sq mi

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:57 pm

SMERTOLINAN SERENE RUGBY SEVENS TEAM

Coach: Emmilian Bokianovskiy
Assistant Coach: Urban Galat

STARTERS
Prop: #2 Kipriyan Sulimiyerskiy
Prop: #13 Mariush Kravchak
Hooker: #4 Siyemovit Moravskiy
Scrum Half: #11 Yaropelk Voytash
Fly Half: #3 Magnar Galka
Centre: #17 Heniyek Yakubiyak
Winger: #16 Ulryk Kosiorek

RESERVES
Forwards:
#1 Vincent Gronski
#12 Konstankyi Shchesniak
#5 Tomek Dolunek
#9 Budzislav Satkovski
#6 Luboslav Stefan

Backs:
#7 Bernadyn Kozicki
#14 Aldon Piadlevski
#8 Antoni Barabas
#15 Radomil Tomaski
#10 Flaviush Macko

RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod injuries to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y

Uniforms: Home: Red top with horizontal black and white Smertolinan stripe with black shorts.
Away: White top with horizontal stripe and red shorts.
Last edited by Smertolina on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smertolina is a landlocked, mountainous, forested, Slavic-Germanic nation. It is ruled by a mostly-benevolent fascist monarch (my old "City of Villains" supervillain) and does not represent my real-world views.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:43 pm

Cut Off! Scores on their way. Thank you for your patience.
Hoppy says:
If yer waitin' ta git in ta der Fest ta git yer beerz and boozhe, git yer knickers untwisted...them gates open up in a few hours. Provici! (Cheers!)
My Factbook

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:05 pm

CONFEDERACY PARK, BURGUNDEN
RUGBY EXHIBITION PITCHES

GROUP A
Natanians and Nosts 26–14 Frenline Delpha
United States of Devonta 27–7 The Lee Islands
Euskirribakondara 31–5 Polaaskan

Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Euskirribakondara 1 1 0 0 31 5 +26 3
2 United States of Devonta 1 1 0 0 27 7 +20 3
3 Natanians and Nosts 1 1 0 0 26 14 +12 3
4 Frenline Delpha 1 0 0 1 14 26 −12 1
5 The Lee Islands 1 0 0 1 7 27 −20 1
6 Polaaskan 1 0 0 1 5 31 −26 1

GROUP B
Aels 38–14 Novella Romagna
Elajamie 43–7 Maramark
Marion Oaks 0–36 Semarland

Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Elajamie 1 1 0 0 43 7 +36 3
2 Semarland 1 1 0 0 36 0 +36 3
3 Aels 1 1 0 0 38 14 +24 3
4 Novella Romagna 1 0 0 1 14 38 −24 1
5 Maramark 1 0 0 1 7 43 −36 1
6 Marion Oaks 1 0 0 1 0 36 −36 1

GROUP C
Nova Anglicana 38–0 Polar Islandstates
Neu Engollon 28–10 Thaldor
Abanhfleft 29–5 Smertolina

Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Nova Anglicana 1 1 0 0 38 0 +38 3
2 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 29 5 +24 3
3 Neu Engollon 1 1 0 0 28 10 +18 3
4 Thaldor 1 0 0 1 10 28 −18 1
5 Smertolina 1 0 0 1 5 29 −24 1
6 Polar Islandstates 1 0 0 1 0 38 −38 1

GROUP D
Racao 19–15 Barunia
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 17–28 Scottopian Isles
Hutanjia 21–17 Aquitayne

Pld W D L PF PA PD Pts
1 Scottopian Isles 1 1 0 0 28 17 +11 3
2 Hutanjia 1 1 0 0 21 17 +4 3
3 Racao 1 1 0 0 19 15 +4 3
4 Aquitayne 1 0 0 1 17 21 −4 1
5 Barunia 1 0 0 1 15 19 −4 1
6 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 0 0 1 17 28 −11 1
My Factbook

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:09 pm

Frenline Delpha Game 1 Scoring Summary

Frenline Delpha         0 14   14
Natanians and Nosts 12 14 26

1st Half

Numídio managed to recover the ball after it had been stripped by their scrumhalf North and run it to about 20 meters away from the goal. He flipped the ball back to Mihailescu and placed a perfect block on the oncoming Anaconda winger, Nurullah. This allowed Mihailescu to take off and evade the final tackler, Sharise. He crossed the goal line, but before he could touch the ball down, he was whacked from behind by Erskin. The ball popped loose, but César managed to grab the ball and place it down for the try. However, he had touched it down at a weird angle, and the kick missed miserably. Natanians and Nosts 5-0

After a minor penalty just meters away from their own goal line, Frenline Delpha managed to lose the scrum. It was recovered by Hûs, who put down his shoulder and plowed straight into the goal line. As he was falling down, he chucked it quickly behind him to Ogneck, who completed the try by placing the ball right between the uprights. The kick that followed sailed easily through. Natanians and Nosts 12-0

2nd Half

In the start of the second half, Maitland took the kick and ran straight into the oncoming defense. He quickly flipped it back to Simón, and then payed out a perfect block on the oncoming dos Santos. This allowed Simón to push through towards the Natanians and Nosts goal line. He was tackled by North, but he quickly shoveled it back to Maitland. Maitland took it back up to about midfield, and then he lateraled it Silvester. He took it down to close, but was stopped by César. After shoveling it back to Vasil, Silvester got up from the tackle and placed a quick block. Vasil was able to run it right into the goal, and placed it down for the try. The kick appeared to be going wide, but a strong gust of wind managed to put it through the uprights. Frenline Delpha 7-12

After a costly penalty inside their defensive zone, Frenline Delpha found themselves being pushed to about 3 meters away from their goal line. The resulting srum saw Natanians and Nosts recover the ball. It was leteraled back to Hûs, who broke a tackler on his way to the goal line. He had no coverage, so he managed to centralize the ball before he scored the try. The kick was good. Natanians and Nosts 19-7

Natanians and Nosts scored another try after a throw in. Ognek grabbed the ball and shoveled it back to North. North scrapped quickly for about 10 meters. After being tackled, he shoveled it back to Hûs. He was immediately stopped, but he shoveled it straight to dos Santos. dos Santos plowed directly through the Anaconda's line. After breaking free from the final Frenlinian defender, dos Santos managed to post the try without any other complications. He dropped the ball through the uprights. Natanians and Nosts 26-7

Frenline Delpha managed to catch a lucky break when Numídio dropped the ball from a leteral. Simón managed to recover the ball. He broke two tackled and was stopped just 2 meters from the goal line. However, Maitland managed to recover the shovel, and he dove over the pile into the goal line. He quickly placed down the ball down for the try. Maitland drove the ball through the uprights, and that was all she wrote. Natanians and Nosts wins 26-14.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Lions Roll Terns to Open Up AVBF Competition

Harland Howerton, Londinium Courier

Now this is what rugby is all about. The Courier has sent me over to Burgunden, Neu Engollon, mainly to cover the rugby sevens competition, but the Alpen View Beer Festival is also going on. Our own Lion Brewing Company is participating in the festival's competition, entering some old favorites like the Lion Lager and Stout as well as new additions like Elder Statesman Rye and Löwe Kolsch. I'll be paying plenty of attention to the rugby, but expect some updates on the beer as well. Rugby and beer go together so well, and I'll do my best to keep you up to date on both.

The Lions opened up with Polar Islandstates, a nation more known for their success in another code of football, association football. The Terns have had moderate success in Rugby World Cups, but they have not been much exposed to rugby sevens, and it showed. Manager Denís Ferrer elected to go with the same fourteen players as last time and the same starting VII. It worked like a charm as they defeated the Terns 38-0. They really worked them over, scoring six tries and making all but two of the conversions. Center and captain Marc Riviére opened up the scoring a minute into the first half, breaking through the defensive line with a little juke move and sprinting all the way to pay dirt. Two minutes later, it was fly half Danny Dougherty getting the pitch from Jared Bouchard the scrum half and faking the behind-the-back pass to Riviére. It opened up a gaping hole as the Terns overcommitted and Dougherty took advantage, making his own conversion and extending the lead to 14-0. As the first half came to a close, the Lions got an overload on the right side and Jamie Peters the fullback scored his first try of AVBF competition. The Lions led 21-0 at the half.

In the second half, Dougherty and Riviére grabbed their second tries in consecutive minutes to open up the half, giving the Lions a 33-0 lead with about five minutes to go (Dougherty missed his conversion). Ferrer sent in Alex Lyons and Émile Landry for Riviére and Dougherty once the Lions reached that point, trying to get the young 'uns some playing time. The Terns threatened a bit, but the Lions forced a scrum on their own five-metre line and won it to end the danger, and the Polarian scrum half missed a thirty-metre kick from a tricky angle late in the second half. Rikhard Halvorson crashed across the line with less than thirty seconds to go, but his kick was comically bad, eliciting peals of laughter from his own teammates and the crowd. Still, the Lions closed out a 38-0 victory with very few issues.

Their next game will be more of a challenge, facing the fifth-ranked hosts Neu Engollon. The Goats lost to eventual champions Natanians and Nosts 21-19 in the Cup quarterfinals of the Londinium 7s tournament, but the rugby spirit is strong in this country. Behind the raucous home crowd, the Goats will surely give Nova Anglicana one heck of a game. They defeated unranked Thaldor 28-10 today, perhaps not quite as good of a result as they would have hoped. Still, they cannot be underestimated at all. Only two teams from each group will make it to the Cup competition, and Abanhleft is the other threat in the group. Abanhfleft has proved difficult for the Lions in the past, and it would not be surprising to see them trip us up again. The Lions play the Goats and then Abanhfleft in their next two games, which will pretty much determine who is going to the Cup and who is going to the Plate competition. Let's hope the Lions can come out on top in both games and contend for an AVBF rugby sevens championship.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Novella Romagna
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 26, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Novella Romagna » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:51 pm

NOVELLA ROMAGNAN NATIONAL RUGBY SEVENS SQUAD, "CENTURIONS"

Head Coach: Serapione Patti
Assistant Coach: Ernesto Eppolito

FORWARDS
Prop: Vito Vernatelli
Prop: Antonio Caponi
Hooker: Vincenzo Aulicino

BACKS
Scrum-half: Giacomo Caruso
Center: Roberto Pettine
Fly-half: Desiderio Puopolo
Fullback: Indro Circelli

RESERVES
Forwards:
Eterie Rossin
Nicarete Mancusi
Romero Gianino

Backs:
Donatello Fidanza
Floriano Bria
Dione Vanacore
Ettore Malara

UNIFORMS
Home: Yellow, White, Red and Blue horizontal stripes with green shorts
Away: Yellow and White horizontal stripes with green shorts
Smertolina is a landlocked, mountainous, forested, Slavic-Germanic nation in Astyria. It is ruled by a mostly-benevolent fascist monarch (my old "City of Villains" supervillain) and does not represent my real-world views.
Feia represents my real-world views and how I would run a nation, modified by issue results and interaction with other nations.
Austrog and Novella Romagna are puppets created to fill gaps in Astyria's history and geography.
Erufaelor is a FanT/FT elven nation.

Scottopian Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scottopian Isles » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Alpen View Brew Festival
Royal Scottopia Tent, Confederacy Park
Burgunden, Zurich Canton, Neu Engollon

King Scott James sat upon a reserved table with his group which included the Prime Minister, various Ministers of State, & the ambassador to Neu Engollon. He sported the home version Scottopian Isles rugby jersey, number 17 which was not only his lucky number but that of the teams captian, Wilson. His good friend and Prime Minister of the country, Brian Beahm, sat next to him adorned the away jersey. They sat at the table conversating and enjoying a drink of Scottopian beer while eating their lunch, the monarchs consisting of Haggis, Neeps & Tatties. With 20 minutes left until the game, they spoke of the game and the festival so far. It had been a while since the head of state had actually had a vacation, since most travel he did across Astyria was typically related to state vistis, so he was in a full state of relaxation.

"I anticipate a close game, but Quebec is a highly ranked team so the final score will be relied upon who wants the first game more." spoke King Scott James

Minister of Atheletics Anthony Medrano spoke up to add to his statement. "It will be a good game, but unless we get off to the right direction, the lads could will be pressed onto the defense for a majority of the game. We never want to be on the back end..."

Taking another drink of the beer, he thought over the comments. Anthony, whom the monarch had suggested be considered for athletic minister, had a great insight of the team. He had been a part of the panel that included the top schools in the nations Rugby programs head coaches whom had overseen the tryouts. Scott James finsihed his drink and gave his verdict.

Then prehaps we should leave a little early and make and impromtu visit upon the team prior to the match. After all, its the first game for the sport on this sort of level"

Alpen View Brew Festival
Rugby Pitch D, Confederacy Park
Burgunden, Zurich Canton, Neu Engollon

The lads awaited under the tent next to the field of which they were about to play. They had been warming up with light training after a wake-up run at 7am. After a breakfast, they placed upon themselves for the first time the national jersey of the RCWSI. Weeks previously, these players had been looked at as collegiate athletes but now they were receiving their 15 minutes of fame. With minutes to go until they took the field, the kings approached which had most of the young men in disbeleif.

"I had heard he was herer..." stated Jon Brown, one of the reserve forwards. "Wouldnt expect him to come to actually come to us though"

"Hello my 'Boys in Royal Blue', how are you this glorious afternoon?" he said with a smile, arms in the air extended as if to embrace the players.

Some of the boys jumped up from the ground, away from the training regiment for a few brief seconds. They then noticed the Prime Minister behind the King as well as familar faces from his Cabinet. As they lined up, they all received a firm handshake as well as words of encouragement to the squad. A security detail kept fans at a distance from the royal entourage, but allowed them to take pictures with cameras & cellphones. Cheers were heard from the Scottopian fans upon realizing the king had flown across Astyria to see the team take the pitch, even if the games were only a quarter hour long and the festival was to be only a short time.

"Remember lads, you are being watched back in the Royal CommonWealth. You are the best assembled team from our land, if we were to have a professional league, as such of that as the SIFA or the SIBC, then you lot would all be high priority targets for the upcoming season. However, I do feel that you have been bestowed a much higher honor than playing for a fine sports club, and that is to represent your nation at the national level. The Royal Kingdom of Quebec is a well experianced team. They have the upper hand but you have the heart to determine a legacy for yourselfs. That gives you the advantage, if you wish to grasp it. Good luck, Axios Scotopia! We are all behind you, all the way!"

With that he gave a smile and a pat on the back to the Scott Wilson, the squad captain as they left. The players were left in silence, as the crowd around them erupted as the monarch walked threw the crowd of Scottopian Isles fans, shaking their hands and posing for pictures, as did the Prime Minister & to a lesser effect, the other Ministers of State. Finally they were able to take their seats overseeing the halfway mark of the exhibition pitch. Just as the group had sat, a whistle was blown by the officals to begin the match. The Scottopians in thier away tops, with a majority of white with the dashes of Blue & Yellow while their opponesnts ran onto the pitch along side them in their Red & Blue dominant jerseys.

The game was only a minute or 2 in until the first points were scored by Quebec, a 3 point score from a kick, but that didnt deter the Scottopians who knew they had time on their side. With the resumation of play, the college players set up a strategic play to draw away the best of the Quebecian players while Haas #25 passed the ball to Clark #9 who cross the try line to make it first into the record books for the Scottopian Isles. He dropped into a over-reaction slide, to which a few players joined in sliding into the end zone. They had to be reminded of the referee during their celebrations of the shorterned time in the halfs, so they stood and ran to their starting postions. The King had jumped up and cheered with the other individuals in the crowd. Hugging and high-fiving Scottopian Isles citizens as they celebrated just not taking the lead but showing everybody they were underdogs to contend with.

"Well done to the boys for not being swayed by losing the first points, they resumed played perfectly." he stated

As the game resumed, the players for Quebec attempted to get onto another try, but were thwarted by the stiff Scottopian defense that did not relent. The competition again attempted another field goal attempt but the kick was shy of the mark and sailed just to the right of the goal post. As the spectators rejoiced, the 'Boys in Royal Blue', although today they played in White, quickly caught their opponents off guard again to rush another play to gain valuable points going into the half time. They had the lead at 14-3 while Manager Jack Robinson & Coach William Esquire encouraged the players to keep at it in the second half. The game wasnt over yet and they were not to get distracted by leading at the half against a more experiacned team.

Scott Wilson, captain of the Scottopian team was being looked over by the team medic, Dr Theo McLogan. A look at the Quebecian team, showed him players who shot glances at him and his players. They were not too happy the werent in the lead but their was time to play still. With a smile, he turned the other direction to the seating area where RCWSI flags were waved. Looking at him standing up was the King, who was giving him a silent thumbs up before tapping on his heart. Wilson knew what he ment by the guesture. Alright boys, remember to play with heart. The other team is going to go all out in order to get the lead by all means. We just need to stay on top of it, if they score, we need to return the favor immedietly. AXIOS!"

The young men all yelled "SCOTTOPIA!" in response to their captains cry. Axios stood for Worthy, and was a proud statement across the islands in the Royal CommonWealth. The king felt proud, as he saw it, to be raising such proud citizens of the next generation to lead the country. They retook the field, and it was apperant that Quebec was not pleased with their first half result. They came at the players in the 9th minutes and got close to their goal. An error in judgment by Anderson #6 in the Fly-Half position gave the oppurtunity for the Quebec team to rush into the end to score 7 points onto the board. The games stood at 14-10 Scottopia, who soon were pressing down the pitch in their own attempts to increase their small lead. A slip in possesion could put Quebec in prime position, or even not being able to score a try and settling for a feild goal attempt would put them within just 1 down by the better trained opposition.

They pressed on however in the daytime heat, pushing past thier opposition on the next play by keeping possession and put the ball on the ground past the line. 21-10 was the score, but Quebec pressed and scored to bring it 21-17 and were pressuring the Scottopians into thier half for the final minutes. The game had become tense, the King, Prime Minister & both coaches watching in silence. Quebec held the pass and were on the 22 meter mark and closing in when the defense gave it a rush. In a hurry, the Quebecain player tossed the ball to his left, to which that player continued the trend to move the ball to the open area. Without noticing how far the teams lines had drifted, the final player grabbed the ball and attempted to score, only to run into Wilson #17 which knocked the ball out from his control. Before the scrum landed upon the fumbling ball, the Scottopian captain kicked it down field were it took weird bounces, but remained away from the Scottopian defensive end. Morrison #19 who had come on as a sub at the half, picked it up and handed it off to McDermit #11 before being pumeled by the desperate Quebec defense. With seconds on the clock, Markus McDermit of the University of Capitola, Alba out paced his marker and rushed into the endzone slidding on his stomach to great avail. The crowd erupted into cheers and celebration with beer mugs being lifted into the air.

The referee called the game as the seconds counted past zero a few seconds later to which fans of the Scottopians rushed the pitch and swarmed the players in celebration. They had won their fist ever national game with a stunning effort against a superior opponent. It was the perfect start to their AVBF beginings and hoped for their chance to make it to the next round. Within minutes, the fans & players had vacated the pitch under the advisment of match officials. The king laughed at the sight, to which he said "They are excited, this is what sports is all about! Now come, we have a game to celebrate! To the drafts!"
Last edited by Scottopian Isles on Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal CommonWealth of Scottopian Isles
Proud member of Astyria, East Astyrian Treaty Organization & the World Assembly
Capitol: Scottopia CityRoyal Cities: MacKenzie City, Port Elisabeth, Urquhart
Major Cities: Cappielow City, Davanzas, East Kilbride, Kamehameha, Milpitas Bay, New Greenock
Heads of State: King Scott James & Queen ElisabethPrime Minister: Brian P. Beahm
Government: Consitutional MonarchyCurrency: Scot §2.7015=NS$1Population: 56 MillionArea: 95,617 sq mi

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports