NATION

PASSWORD

Shattered Stars [FT] [Apps Welcome] [OOC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Shattered Stars [FT] [Apps Welcome] [OOC]

Postby Achesia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Shattered Stars
Picking Up the Pieces in the Outeria Region of Space

Visit Our Sister FanT RP, Forgotten Eon

Journal Log, 23d Vincent, 132 AC

Begin recording...

I can't believe its been two years since we left our home, and neither can I decide if the time has been passing fast or dragging along as slow as this ship as it pushes through the stars. The struggles and pains we have been through together aboard the Unity have compounded my sensitivities as we go along, and surely I nor anyone aboard this seed ship are the same person that came aboard on that day.

It was a beautiful world we had, and for hundreds of years we had built it from the small colony that it was to one of the leading colonies in the Empire. Even throughout the war and the fall of our motherland we still thrived to build a great civilization in space. We thought of ourselves as invincible, and untouchable by the hands of those who would ravage the world and rip what we have from our arms. We obviously underestimated the Nix and what they were capable of, we were foolish and we paid the price for such. Now we float through space on what may be the last seed ship that our home world sowed before its collapse. It has been six months since our last communication with the Starchild, and years since we heard from the third ship the Pacer. Many talk of stories they heard from traders that visited us to conduct business that the Nix had found the Pacer, and ripped it apart to let all of its ten thousand inhabitants spill into space while they watched. I told my wife Maylay to ignore such stories, that traders often dealt in lies to sell their products. But I too wonder to myself if there was some truth in it, it is certainly the only explanation we have heard so far.

I try my best to shield Maylay and the children from these horrible stories as I can, ever since the loss of our daughter Lidia they cannot bare anymore trauma. Yet I still think of my darling little girl every day as we drift through space, ever since that fever took her from us and we had to watch her dying as the limited amount of doctors we had struggled to keep thousands alive. Loss has been a reality since we have begun our journey, just a few weeks ago my close friend Egory died in an engineering accident trying to repair damage to our hull. I try to take a step back sometimes to see where this is taking us, and whether or not it is making us stronger, but the pain is too great.

There is hope however as more passing traders give us news that we are beginning to drift towards a great bastion in space that is home to those like us that have come from afar. They say that many human civilizations in this sector of space still stand and strengthen as the days go by, and that their commitment to resisting the Nix has caused a stirring in the region. The skipper of our great ship Captain Yid has already announced to us his intentions to steer us towards this area in hopes of finding our way to one of these great bastions. But time still passes as it once did, and I only hope that my family and I can make it to see one of these great worlds....

Wait I see something approaching the ship, through the portal I can see five ships... The Nix... They have found us...

--Log Entry Ending at Timemarker 06:45--

--Journal Entry Playback Terminated, Remaining Ships Logs Unreadable--

Shattered Stars Introduction-

"A Region of the greater NS FT Universe"

Shattered Stars is a FT "group" that is set in its own sector of the NS FT Space. While we have our own standards for technology and FT role-play we do not constrain our members to only be within the Shattered Stars RP sphere, so players can use their Shattered Stars FT nations in the runs RPs and still have it be cannon. We do however want to create a fun and structured RP group within ourselves to develop our own region cannon and storyline through different series of RPs.

If you have ever been frustrated with the sometime whimsical aspect of FT role playing within NS, where black hole bombs, FTLing through planets, fleets of death stars, invincible shields, and other crazy NS Tech that has reared its ugly head within RPs, then this is the place for you. Here we have agreed standards of what our technology looks like, throughout our previous FT Group Discussion thread we have gone over how we the players want to see our RP shaped like, and how we want to interact with each other. We are also an ever evolving group that will continue to define how we RP and what our standards will be.

The setting for Shattered Stars is in a sector of the galaxy that has long fallen from its golden age, at the end of the rule of the old Empire that once ruled hundreds of systems a new power rose to take its place. The alien race called "the Nix" invaded the region of Outeria and toppled the once mighty Empire in a long war that claimed millions of lives, but they too were broken after the onslaught and were forced to fall back to a position known now as Nix Space, the remnants of the Empire, shattered and gravely wounded were left to try and pick up the pieces, and that is where you the player come in, role playing the splinter factions of the old Empire. Will you be a human faction, proud of being the core race of the Empire, looking to be the new Empire? An alien faction who now has the freedom to build their own civilization after the shackles of the old Empire have been lifted, or maybe a humble bastion for all those who love peace? You decide.

Players are encouraged to build relationships with others both prior to their start in Shattered Stars and during to better foster the environment and story that we are creating. We do not waste out time with boring relationship building RPs, first contact RPs, diplomacy RPs and so on, but rather work together as a group and with the new players to have a joint history and canon so that our RPs are at a level that all can enjoy. Whether you are a fan of A Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar, or any sic fi story this is the place for you to explore.

On a more serious note, if you do not intend to be committed to this RP world then please do not make us the admins and the serious players waste out time. This world is a world of the players and of that the dedicated players make this a cohesive group to partake in. If you do not intend to put your full heart into this RP and give it that level of dedication do not join.

Administration-

This world is administered by a team of admins that review and approve applications, organize the world history and canon, edit and maintain the map, create group RPs and Quests, and moderate any member threads. It is very important that players respect and adhere to admin directions as to better facilitate a fun environment for all. As it stands not the team of Admins consists of Achesia.

As it stands right now I (Achesia) am the only person doing all the editing, administration, coordination, and leadership of Shattered Stars and a couple other RPs. I also have a family, multiple jobs, and a life outside of NS so please be patient with me when it comes to updates. I will always do my best to make updates as soon as possible but sometimes life does not permit that.

Rules & Code of Role Play-

This RP is meant to be a semi-realistic future tech setting, therefore as I have stated previously there are standards to be upheld for semi-realism (I realize its hard to be real with something that we can only conceptualize) as well as standards for how we interact with each other.

• 1-Membership is approved by the full admin staff. Applications are review based on past RP experience, nation concept, and ability to write in a orderly way that can be read and understood. If the admin staff has something to give you a critique on your application do not take it personally but rather heed their words and work with them, they are willing to help.
  • 2- Members must maintain an active status in the group to maintain their claim. If a players nation is deactivated for inactivity their lands are then open for claiming by old and new players. If a player does not contribute to the world whether IC or OOC in 30 days their lands are up for claim by old and new players. Members can go on leave of absence if it is need, but this must be coordinated with the admin staff.
  • 3- Claims on the map are approved by the admins during the initial application process. Players must request a reasonable amount of land to be approved (No more than 13 system). Admins reserve the right to limit a player to a lesser amount of systems if admins deem player is less experienced. It is always a option for players to expand through a quality RP story thread but this must also be reviewed and approved by the admin staff. Quality, not quantity is the name of the game here. Other players may contest expansion land claims but must be done in IC.
  • 4- All players are expected to respect one and other at all times in their OOC speak and interactions with regarding to Shattered Stars. If the admin staff feels a member is causing too much issues with other players it is within our right to terminate their Realm in the World.
  • 5- God modding of any type is also forbidden in Shattered Stars. RP is about story telling and is not a board game. While there is winners and losers, a certain type of strategy involved, players must agree to what they expect the outcome of the thread to be and how they are going to go about to do it. If players cannot agree or they feel there could not be an agreement the admin staff will gather the facts of the situation, and use an appropriate formula in a random number generator to find a solution. It is then in each players involved obligations to carry out that ruling in their RP to create the story. In addition to Godmodding there is also no ignore-cannon. All actions must be recognized unless overruled by an admin.
  • 6- All players are obligated to adhere to the technology standards while RP within Shattered Stars RPs or representing Shattered Stars. If a player uses his or her FT nation from Shattered Stars in other NS FT RPs its on him or her to determine his own technology standards, but within the main group here the rules will be adhered to. If a player has a disagreement with what is in the standards, then please post here in the OOC thread so it can be discussed.
  • 7- A certain quality is expected of members within their RPs, put your effort in to have fun and commit to the Shattered Stars when you post in IC. Members who are found to be consistently posting half-assed IC posts will be talked to by the admin staff and if the behavior continuous will lead to dismissal.
  • 8- Shattered Stars has a joint canon and history and this is something that all the players must contribute to within the world. Please adhere to the existence of this history and try to actively contribute to it. If the admins deem necessary they will put someone in charge of forming the world history and canon to be put on file in this thread.
  • 9- Races of Shattered Stars are all equal and must be approved by admin. While the majority of the slots for Shattered Stars are for human factions, there is room for some alien factions. No one species is more powerful than another. Every species must somehow be as strong as a human, (e.g. you can give them the strength of an ox but they then must be dumb as a rock). In the end all species must be approved by the admin staff.
  • 10- The staff shall consist of 1 Admins, and 1-2 Co-Ops. The Admins shall be the holders of the Shattered Stars password and make official edits to all official OPs and posts. Admins will have the power to ban or remove players from the game. Admins will be the final word on any decision of importance. Approve player applications. Admins will also hold all the duties that a Co-Op holds. Co-Ops shall moderate disputes between players both in IC and OOC. Conduct edits on the request of the admins (code to be sent to admin via telegram for admin to proof and input. Warn players who break any rules. Review applications and give advice. Host and administer official IC RPs.

~Code Of Realism~

• Thou Shall Not claim invincibility, but rather accept losses, take losses, and accept both victory and defeat graciously.
  • Thou economy shall not always be the best, instead it should have its ups, downs, weaknesses, opportunities, resources, and growing pains.
  • Thou shall not have a ungodly amount of military, the rule of thumb is 5% before it affects your economy, though I am not an economist so I do not know what happens at 6% or if you have 10%, so just remember that their is consequences.
  • Thou shall not have 10000000000000 ships, instead thou shall honestly consider his economic limitations.
  • Thou shall not ignore a player unless give permission by the admin. The admin is the only one who holds the trigger to the ignore cannon, you must seek their permission first.
  • Thou shall put "I am realistic" at the end of their application, to prove they read everything.
  • Thou shalt not metagame.

Technology Standards & Unique Aspects of Shattered Stars-

We here at Shattered Stars have standards of how we conduct ourselves in RP. My experience in FT RP world of NS is that sometimes if prior coordination of technology or aspects of the RP is not done, then things get out of whack. Black hole generators, super death stars, all powerful force beings, you have seen them all folks. The purpose of this section is to prevent all of that and set a standard of what technology cannot be used and what technology is commonly used within Outeria. While the do not use section is an absolute, the common section is more like a strong suggestion. As part of a common cannon it is important that some technologies be common among us. If you have any inputs for this section please post on the OOC thread for us all to enjoy.

Banned Technology-
  • Anything that creates a black hole (unless part of the story to which all players agreed)
  • No FTLing a ship or missile into a planetoid.
  • No tactical FTL jumps.
  • No teleportation.
  • Very limited cloaking, hard to hide heat signature.
  • No replicators.
Technology Guidelines and Standards
  • Light Drives, our version of hyperdrives but not as fast. Light Drives (just because I can't think of another name) are about half as fast as hyperdrives (which seem to be able to cross the galaxy in days) and faster than Warp Drives (which seem to take 30 years). They also take a few minutes to charge, smaller ships may only take 30 seconds while it may take up to 5 minutes to charge a large ships light drive. To cross the region of Outeria from corner of the map to the other corner in a straight line will take one month in total. No that does not include the fact that warping in a straight line provides some hazardous obstacles and some boarders that one may not be able to cross. So once there are a few people on the map I will put in some FTL lanes that allow for safe travel. Most should be using Light drives since we have a common origin of the old empire. FEW exceptions may be granted by powers that did not fall under the old Empire. But they will always be equal in speed.
  • Sub-Light Speeds, smaller the ship = faster it goes sunlight. Max speed sub light would be .5 light speed.
  • AI, Droids, Robots, to make one that is intelligent as or more intelligent than a human is very expensive and not widespread. So replacing humans on the field of battle entirely is out of the question. But drones for warfare still can be smart and effective, and for the most part when it comes down to fighters would be more effective than the average human pilot due to cost.
  • Lasers, true lasers would be powerful, expensive, long to charge, and only effective at moderate ranges. Capital craft are the only sized craft that are able to carry them. They move at the speed of light so it makes them impossible to dodge. BUT they can be defended against by shields, they take a long time to charge, and lots of power.
  • Plasma Weapons, An alternative to lasers and kinetics, can be fired by smaller craft, take less energy, but move far slower and not as powerful. Popular for PD weaponry.
  • Missiles, little restrictions here, just no blackhole missiles.
  • Kinetics, mostly rail guns and such. Max a slug could be propelled is .5 light speed.
  • Ion Weapons, good for EMP effect of disabling electronics, can be defended against by energy shields.
  • Shielding, energy shielding would be carried by capital class ships, generators would be too large to be carried by anything smaller.
  • Armor, most capital ships would have a good amount of armor as well as smaller ships. Please add the phrase "I am techno-savvy" to the end of our application after the other phrase.

~To be amended as seen fit by admins~

Dust & The Chosen-

A feature of the region of Outeria is the prominence of a giant cloud of dust that surrounds the planets throughout the region. This dust is invisible to the naked eye up close (only far out images of the region reveal clouds of dust) but it is floating in space none the less. It is a fine substance that penetrates the most solid hulls of ships, though it cannot make it past a planets atmosphere. Once inside of a ship it mixes with the air and is inhaled as normal by the inhabitants aboard. 99.9% of space travelers are unaffected by this dust and continue without any knowledge they are inhaling it. .000001% or one in one hundred million die when inhaling the dust (typically passing out upon several minutes of exposure and then dying moments later), but .0000001% or one in one billion are granted with powers that some claim to be miracles.

Those are called the chosen, and are among the most powerful, the most revered, the most ambitious, the most sought after, and even the most evil. The chosen have been researched to have far enhanced reflexes, ability to jump incredible bounds, heal mortal wounds, perceive biological beings with greater understanding of their thoughts, communicate telepathically with other chosen, and even move things with their minds. Latest research on these beings that was done during the times of the old empire eluded that the dust was a biological link to a higher dimension. One that intersects with ours that most mortals cannot see or interact with. This gives the chosen a great advantage, and unseemly power.

Discovery of these powers happened when the first men were sent into space on the home planet of what then became the Empire. The astronaut came back with these renewed powers, and returned with an ambition that cost the lives of 300 million people. After that and the eventual expansion of the old Empire into space, Chosen often under the pressure of the government registered and then took a vow of no harm, committing themselves to being healers and meditation. Some still chose the path of violence, and often caused rifts in the Empire, which is when these pacifist chosen were called on to combat those who would embrace the darker side of their powers. This was tradition for hundreds of years during the reign of the Old Empire. But now as it has crumbled so has the barriers that keep the chosen in check, while some still commit themselves to lives of peace, others now use their powers to either their own gain, or the gain of their fellow man.

It is tradition that when the peaceful chosen who swore to heal and mend their fellow man, when called upon to fight one of their own who took the path of violence, would fight with laser swords called, Kale. Reason for this is that a normal ranged weapon would be too easy to predict and dodge even in the hands of the chosen. Swords of this nature were elegant weapons that when wielded by a chosen were harder to predict their striking path when fighting other chosen, and therefore faster to strike ones opponents down. It is in this tradition that you find most Chosen wielding such weapons, and still those peaceful chosen training with wooden swords during their times of meditation. Kale come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, types, and colors. Whether they choose to use their blades for good or evil however seems to be something that is left to the battle within their own minds.

The Chosen are much like most "mortal" beings broken into many different factions and sets of ideals that make them each unique. Throughout the time since the Dust has been discovered the Chosen have been revealed all around us, and due to the fear that they cause in the normal population many different reactions have service about them, thus affecting their alignment in many cases.

Within the Old Empire when the Chosen were first discovered the war the ensued entangled all the fear that mortals had of these super beings and the compounding misunderstanding of them. This led to the rise of Klemens Shrauc, an astronaut from the Old Empire who after the public opinion of the newly discovered Chosen faded, led a coup agains there government with one-hundred other chosen, nearly conquering the entire Empire with his hordes of followers who declared him god. Thought defeated his inspiration to many chosen has led to the establishment of what as known as the Followers of Shrauc (aka, Children of Shrauc, Shrauc'Vai, or Heir of Shrauc). These followers believe in the Chosen's dominance over the mortal beings and their right to rule due to their great power. They are labeled by the Empire as a terrorist group but some see it as an even greater threat, as they as the wise masters of Aur'Vai say "are the manifestation of evil intentions."

Though these darker chosen exist there is a counter balance to their ambition to rule over all of Outeria. The Aur'Vai who banded together to defeat Klemens Shrauc have existed to this day within the Empire. Though many point to the mandatory formation of the Aur'Vai to keep track and control over the Chosen within the boarders of the Empire, the Aur'Vai have not seen it that way. These Chosen are sworn to peace and not to harm any mortal being. The Aur'Vai spend their days on the home planet as healers, wisdom seekers, and religious leaders. They seek serenity within themselves at the world around the, and teach this state of mind to the mortals that visit their temples. They use their powers only for good and pass this along tot he generations of Chosen who are brought to the Aur'Vai by the government of the Empire. The only martial thought in their mind is to bring rouge chosen to justice, they train only to defeat other chosen and when called upon by the Empire will seek to destroy chosen who have used their powers to self gain or evil. Those Aur'Vai who seek out rouge chosen are called Aur'Vai Ro'Nynn, and spend their lives dedicated to bring harmony amongst the Chosen.

With the registration of Chosen with the government, the forced enlistment of Chosen children or those found to be chosen into the order of the Aur'Vai, many feel they only have two choices when they discover they in fact chosen. Not all however want to march the party of harmony, but even fewer wish to join the dark orders of Shrauc that lurk in the corner of the region seeking to gain power. Some Chosen have decided that their is a third path to take and make their own destiny. One such group is the Auvvath'Vai a more direct form of the Aur'Vai chosen. The Auvvath'Vai broke away from the Aur'Vai some two hundred years ago when the growing disdain with the directives of the Empire came to a boiling point within the order. Many of the Aur'Vai masters felt pawns in the Empire's games, and further felt a more direct application of their powers could be of good use to the peoples of the region, whether they be Imperial or not. These chosen set out to accomplish the mission of "the greater good" and promised to wipe out evil in any form whether it be a chosen or even mortal. This of course led to a large conflict between the Aur'Vai and the Auvvath'Vai as the old code said that a chosen would not harm a mortal. When the dust settled on the conflict and many chosen lay dead, it was mutually decided that neither group would have anything to do with the other, and that they would go their separate ways. To this day however animosity exists between the two factions.

Still some chosen do not fit the mold in these factions or any such faction. Since the fall of the Empire and the loss of its ability to control the chosen and regulate where they go, many more factions of chosen have risen as well as the proliferation of lone wolf chosen who follow no one. Many chosen have found lucrative careers as bounty hunters, assassins, or soldiers for hire, pimping themselves out for the highest bidder. This of course does not sit well with either the Aur'Vai or the Auvvath'Vai, but neither faction has resources enough to combat the numbers of chosen taking this path, so it is dealt with on a case by case basis.

Editorial Note: As you can see outlined in the description that the chosen are only one in one billion. So that is the ration everyone must adhere to. They are also ONLY HUMAN. Sorry aliens. Lets not abuse this, I want this to be a cool part of our RP not a blind metagaming weapon.

Application-

So you have now READ ALL OF THE RULES AND GUIDELINES, and are ready to say "this is the RP for me", please consult the list bellow and see if we have an open slot for you, and if so whether or not it is a slot you are interested in. Slots vary depending on their purpose to fit our canon. We cannot have every playing as aliens or our whole plot would not make sense. So it is important that we do have these slots and that they are adhered to. Please when you apply mention which slot you are applying for. The slots are basically described as such: One player should be RPing as the Remnant of the Old Empire, not what it once was but still in control of a few systems, about as powerful as one of its break away factions. The Splinter factions are all factions that broke away from the Empire after its collapse, these factions took prized colonies and now operate independently of each other and often are in conflict over territory and resources. Subjugated Alien Races are races of aliens that were under the control of the Old Empire and now are free after its collapse, much like a splinter faction. A few bordering factions that were never apart of the Old Empire. And the Nix that are the ones who defeated the Old Empire, they themselves now are broken from the fighting and control only a few systems, the rest have resorted to piracy and have become the scum of the region.

• Slot 1: Remnant, Old Empire, Human: [empty]
  • Slot 2: Splinter Faction, Human: Inesea
  • Slot 3: Splinter Faction, Human: Saldanaan
  • Slot 4: Splinter Faction, Human: Achesia
  • Slot 5: Splinter Faction, Human: Eol Sha
  • Slot 6: Splinter Faction, Human: [empty]
  • Slot 7: Splinter Faction, Human: [empty]
  • Slot 8: Splinter Faction, Human: [empty]
  • Slot 9: Subjugated Aliens: Inoroth
  • Slot 10: Subjugated Aliens: [empty]
  • Slot 11: Subjugated Aliens: [empty]
  • Slot 12: Subjugated Aliens: [empty]
  • Slot 13: Other Faction: Human or Alien: [empty]
  • Slot 14: Other Faction: Human or Alien: [empty]
  • Slot 15: The Nix, Enemies and Destroyers of the Old Empire: [empty]

Bellow is the application for Shattered Stars, please be honest, fair, reasonable, and equal when talking about strengths and weaknesses. Please expound upon them, and do not try to shy away from weaknesses, admins will reject apps if they feel these areas need to be worked on.

Code: Select all
[box][b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Government Description:[/b]
[b]National Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Nation Capital:[/b]
[b]Nation Age:[/b]
[b]Nation History:[/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Map Claim:[/b]
[b]Number of Systems:[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b]Cultural Information:[/b]
[b]Society Information:[/b]
[b]Language(s):[/b]
[b]Notable Locations:[/b]
[b]Notable Works:[/b][b] (TO BE EXPALINED BY OP LATER)[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b]Economic Information:[/b]
[b]Economy Type:[/b]
[b]Economic Strengths:[/b]
[b]Economic Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Major Industries:[/b]
[b]Exports:[/b]
[b]Imports:[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b]Military Information:[/b]
[b]Military Doctrine:[/b]
[b]Military Strengths:[/b]
[b]Military Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Foreign Policy:[/b]
[b]Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List):[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b]Additional Information:[/b]
[b]NS Activity?:[/b]
[b]Three Examples of Previous RPs:[/b][/box]

Last edited by Achesia on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Claims

Guide to the Nations of the Region of Outeria

The Achesian Intercosmic Bastion

The Achesian Intercosmic Bastion is the formation of an alliance of splinter systems after the fall of the Old Empire. Bastion as it is referred to by the inhabitants is as the name would say a haven for the ethnic Achesian people, a group of humans who were persecuted under the Old Empire and left to fend for themselves throughout the region. Their leader named Ackular formed the Intercosmic Bastion on the old world of Centare one of the Old Empire's oldest and most fruitful colonies. Renamed Achesia, it became the center for this new Empire and since then the Ackular has gathered a following of many peoples throughout the region, creating this super state that has sprung up within the last forty years.

Player-Achesia
  • Race: Humans
  • Capital: Achesia, Achesia System
  • Ruler: Ackular James Teniqure
  • Population: 108 Billion
  • Language: Common
  • Religion: None
  • Systems: Achesia, Almora, Aultallara, Ok'eyli, Aussis, Neyyem, Shrauor-Nik, Iarlaylari, Iaveiskeb, Essauc, Smau'rdrok, Iaslatt, Fr'ylrara

The Saldanaan Theocratic State

Founded by a Chosen following the collapse of the Old Empire, the Saldanaan State has gathered a large following of those who worship Dust, and denounce the Nix who they see as evil. Living almost entirely in refurbished mining stations or purpose built habitats the faithful of the Dust State seek to gather and understand the mysteries of Dust and one day be elevated to the status of Chosen.

Player-Saldanaa
  • Race: 95% human, 5% other assorted races
  • Capital: Das'Terra, Avoa System
  • Ruler: Lord Eric Saldana
  • Population: ~1 Billion
  • Language: No official language
  • Religion: Saldanaan Dust worship
  • Systems: Avoa, plus space habitats scattered throughout the region

Buchaillian Star Federation

Founded by a religious order soon after the Nixian Invasion and still feeling the effects of a decade long war fifty years past, the Buchaillian Star Federation is a militarily interventionist state actively seeking out and destroying pirates and warlords and pushing the boundaries between Police Action and Military Conquest. With an almost entirely Free Market economy and a government that's approach to regulation is very hands off, it is easy to see why the Star Federation is a capitalist paradise.
[b][i]Player-Inesea

• Race: Humans
  • Capital: Eire, Dar Al-Eire
  • Ruler:President Al-Singh
  • Population: 93 Billion
  • Language: Yesil-Dili
  • Religion: Gaeilhamma
  • Systems: Dar Al-Eire, Talamh Arazi, Krana Kror, Dar Tal-Conaught, Taosiech Arazi, Krano Bey, Al-Catepetl, Talamh Muns, Dar Al-Bashaw, Anmarfast, Veylatikork, Gal-Mar-Yar, Hastati Arazi

Aesis Syndicate

The Aesis Syndicate is a loose confederacy of criminal underworld elements seeking to establish an orderly environment in which the criminal organizations that inhabit Outerian space are allowed to engage in various profitable enterprises including, but not limited to, piracy, racketeering, extortion, arms trafficking, loansharking, usury, gambling, espionage, assassination, and bounty hunting. Led by a small council consisting of the heads of six of the most powerful criminal organizations in the region, the Syndicate is interested only in profit and will work with anyone willing to pay.

Player - Eol Sha
  • Races: 65% human, 35% other assorted races
  • Capital: Hiza, Vaiju System
  • Ruler: Chairwoman Exis Chattza (Council of Six - Exis Chattza, Tarsi Nevak, Na'sara, Jallo Vikar, Jenssi Madak, Sliss)
  • Population: Unknown
  • Language: Common is the working language.
  • Systems: Vaiju, Tarin, Hamjan, Kiani, Ketesa, Tanikti, Jonani, Flarula, Arraze, Irize, Susalgi, K'hani Station
  • Link: Aesis Syndicate

The Vimnon Enclave

The Vimnon Enclaves were once a semi-autonomus province of the Old Empire, now unshackled by it's demise. They are peaceful and non-violent by nature, amicable and not generally xenophobic. They lead highly structured lives in their Havens, but are not very centrally organized beyond the Great United Summit of Havens (GUSH) and the United Defense Fleet and United Defense Force. They seek to be a beacon of hope in these dark times.

Player-Inoroth
  • Race: Vimnon
  • Capital: Fulcrum Station, Vimnus System
  • Ruler: Harveej Fir-Ganuur (Tie-Breaking vote on GUSH Council)
  • Population: 60.25 Billion
  • Language: Common and Vimnon
  • Systems: Vimus, Mol'Fresi, Mol'Dosus, Mol'Zindis, and the less developed systems Car'Forsus, Car'Veerji, Car'Disoop, Car'Isreet, Car'Migaast, Car'Varseel

The New Outerian Empire

The New Outerian Empire has risen from the ashes of a battered and bruised superpower. The Empire now looks out beyond its shrunken borders at the worlds which were once under the Imperial banner, rebel worlds which must be reabsorbed into the only true power to exist in Outeria. The people are highly xenophobic and the nation itself has become a fascist militaristic state bent on eradicating alien and Nix presence, relying heavily on its rebuilt military forces. The people are hard-working and hopeful of a better life, one unfettered by fear of outside threats. The Empire is the only true savior for a lost Outeria.

Player-The United Remnants of America
  • Race: Human
  • Capital: Appolo, Princeps System
  • Ruler: Emperor Spar Augustus
  • Population: 124 Billion
  • Language: Common
  • Religion: No official religion
  • Systems: Princeps, Animas, Lapis, Fratris, Aquilae, Mortem, Spirant, Cibum, Triticum, Vinum
Last edited by Achesia on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

History

The Sound and Fury of Outeria and its Dark Past

The Old Empire-

Founded over two-thousand years ago on the planet Appolo the Empire of Outeria was the rise of humans within the region of space. The first explorers of the cosmos from Appolo began to set foot on nearby systems, raising the flag of their planet over the dust they found. When it was soon discovered there were other habitable planets within space, they wasted no time colonizing them. After five-hundred years the Empire of Outeria had spread to over twenty different systems, and did not stop there. Upon finding life beyond their own world they began to conquer these life forms, as if they were lesser begins. The Emperor called for the rule of all of Outeria and the spread of human civilization beyond the reaches of their own little region.

The Empire at its height have over two-hundred systems under its belt, in which they colonized for hundreds of years, and countless subjects bowing to Appolo as the head of their Empire. They built great cities on these other worlds, some even surpassing those cities of Appolo. Great works like giant special rings around planets that housed people and ships were constructed over the hundreds of years, space stations scattered the stars mining ore and other precious resources found in the vacuum, and monuments to the glory of human civilization were erected to its victory over the stars.

Some colonies on occasion tried to break away from their Empire when they thought themselves strong, but the might of the Imperial Navy reigned them in. Colonies often thought they were treated as lesser than those in the core of the Empire, but nothing much could be done as the Empire was mighty. Persecuted were those that the Emperor thought undesirable, ethnic Achesians who built themselves a colony on Kaladria to flee persecution on Appolo were often beaten and taken advantage of by Imperial minders. Aliens were second class citizens within the Empire, if they were able to get citizenship at all. And the Chosen were forced to register with the government, for general fear and panic within the population of their powers were great. Forced to live on desolate worlds in old temples they were secluded to meditate on their powers.

Life of the average subject of the Empire was good, the quality of life was a good one with little starvation or poverty of any kind. Jobs were often abundant, and luxurious goods came from all over with passing traders. Citizens of the Empire were content with the lives throughout Outeria and thought little of what happened off of their own worlds. Only the occasional war was thought with rebels or alien races, so peace was in abundance.

This was all true until the Nix came, 123 years ago the first alien fleets began to arrive in Outeria. Their great masses overwhelmed the Imperial Fleet and lay waste to many Imperial worlds. The Nix had little account for human lives, unless they were worth something to them. Often they dealt in selling humans for forced labor to many other races in the galaxy. Some 3.5 billion Imperial Subjects were kidnapped and sold to other parts of the galaxy, and never accounted for again. The Nix destroyed much of the Imperial fleet and broke the Empire nearly to destruction. It wasn't until the son of the Emperor, Prince Julian drove the Nix out of the Empire core space that the Nix were to defeated and withdrew to a holdout of systems they had taken. But alas the Empire was crushed and many of its colonies broken away from it forming their own states. The region was plagued with Nix who turned to piracy, making trade lanes unsafe to do commerce. A economic collapse began and poverty was wide spread, even on Appolo.

Timeline-

• 2000 YA: The Empire of Outeria was formed with the establishment of its first colonies.
  • 1996 YA: Dust was discovered as space colonization became more widespread, and the first Chosen known to the Empire tried to take control, but were killed or captured, and forced to undergo experiments.
  • 1500 YA: The Empire encountered the first alien race, and swiftly conquered it.
  • 300 YA: The Empire was at its height with over two-hundred systems.
  • 123 YA: The Nix invaded Outeria.
  • 118 YA: The Empire liberates is core of fifteen worlds, but its other colonies splinter and break away from their old master.
Last edited by Achesia on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:15 am

Reserved for "The Nare" APP, currently being worked on.
Progress, 100%.

Nation Name: The Collective of the Nare
Government Type: Republic
Government Description:
The Republic of "The Nare": is a core group who come together to discuss the matters of importance that concern The Nare.
These eight individuals are what can be called the nobility of each city state. The Republic's interests and its laws passed by majority vote.
And by acclamation when it comes to the rare elections held by the populace; However there are also cases of succession of position by family members.

National Leader(s):
Yali'tear:
The youngest of the once Nareian chain of command. This little girl at the visible age of fourteen in now but a shell of her former self left living as a porcelain doll. living as nothing more then a pleasure slave within Seia of the highest degree she waits while her body may have been broken and turned to an object of soulless carnal pleasure, her mind still waits for the singular chance for revolution in-between the endless waves of visitors.
Yula'fier:
A flamboyant Airden male who has like a cockroach somehow remained in power even after the fall of the majority of the republic.
some believe this is due to him actually selling out the Rupublic, but such ideas are nothing more then rumors.
Yara'volin:
Vacant: No Successor. Killed when the Collective fell.
Yugra'genri:
Vacant: No Successor. Killed when the Collective fell.
Yanru:
The forest fairy, is an eternal testament to the fall of the Nare; caught and brutalized for years until her mind broke. As she had no further use as a slave she was then discarded and then eventually placed upon a cross and crucified being left for dead. However like some twisted bedtime story, the poor girl survived her crucifixion as her genes mutated. Endlessly caught on a grey line of immortality and being trapped with endless pain her ear splitting wails echo constantly whenever conscious as she cries tear's of crimson and black. She was left as a constant reminder to the most unlucky ones that are shipped off of Agenisi all as they leave...
Your fate is sealed... submit, or suffer eternally.
Kalthras:
The first of the second classification of Overminds. This beast still remembers the day's when the Nare were free, its mind and memory's vast, its body and core hive uncaptured. It hides within Kaguya with the last few remaining of its free people. Waiting for a chance to strike with whoever will stand. Its other hope is to to get a message out to Yali'Tear in the form of a messenger.

Yuli and Tali Ronqi:
The only two stable "Temptress's", they are the guards of Yali'tear. They are the dream, the only two others who are existence's close to the being that was once known as Lorthous, she who is revered as the Mother of the Nare. They are creatures, prefect for this new world and are its chosen executioners. But they who knew the mother are silently weeping. They have seen the fall of the collective, watche as its people were broken and turned and are yet unable to join it themselves... when the Nare fall eternally into the mythos of time, They will be its grave keepers... and it is a task they do not look forward to.

Nation Capital: Seia
Nation Age: Unknown, estimated at 20,000 years
Nation History:
The Nare history is a strange tale lost to the dune's of time; In most cases a race would proudly categorize and store the important events and conflict of their species. But for the Nare such information is as pointless as the dust in the wind. In fact there are very few who know the entirety of the Nare collective history. But these individual's who do; are respected with the utmost reverence Akin to almost holy worship, as they quite possibly knew in the flesh, the "Mother" and beginning of all the Nare; "Lorthous".

The Nare however are a strange collective of species tied together by the genetics and for the survival as a whole due to the ancient influence of the "Mother". They are comprised of seven races known by categories as;
The Airdren, The Beasts, The Illusion, The Outliers, The Contagion, The Forgotten, and lastly the Artificial.

The Mother, Lorthous was the first, It was a genetic mutation as one day a girl no more then twelve who lived in a time of survival of the fittest armed with ancient knowledge with tools such as spears and bows ran for her life as the quarry she had hunted ripped apart her fellow hunters.
It was then as she ran for hours through grassy plains and large hillside while being hunted that she came across a large forest at the utter exhaustion.
With no hope for survival, she entered into its shade determined to at least make this place her final stand and walked on as the day turned to night as the planet they lived on orbited into the shadow of its parent planet. There she was partly reborn as the illumines of the strange trees gave her light to navigate and showed her a beauty to the world she hadn't noticed before. However she soon reached the center of the forest she collapsed and slept at the base of a massive tree that would one day be called Mother Hyperion.

When the girl awoke she was met with what she thought was a new danger as a being with no corporeal body watched her. In fear of the "ghost" and with all the events that had happened around her, they girl once more collapsed to her knees unable to move after her spear passed though the being. As the being slowly reached out and touched her. The girl could it's hands passing through her flesh and yet it felt like the being was tampering with her body, changing it, and violating her to her very core. As she once more collapsed and lost unconscious with her primitive mind she thought she would hear the shade speak in some musical tone to lovely to reproduce.

The girl awoke hours later with pain akin to a full boy burn. As she writhed on the ground screaming as blood poured from her eyes, the shade watched with indifference as four twists of sprouting flesh and bone started ripping out from the girls back. After what was hours of pain as the girls mind broke and was reborn over and over, the girl gained a new consciousness.
But the change wasn't only limited to her back, her entire being had transformed into a strange nightmarish horror as she eventually found her way to a large river hours later as the pain ceded. As she gazed at her newfound reflection within the forest, she screamed at first due to the blood that covered her, and yet as she soon washed it off she became marvelled at what she thought the being had done to her.
The four wings that sprouted from her back, the slowly malting feathers that would grow.

It was then the girl left the forest with her strange appearance and head back to her village, but when she returned; the village turned against her in utter fear. They attacked and hunted her and quickly she once more ran for her life as she was awoken to the cruelty of reality once more... how was this world, theses people who had been her family only few days ago to be able to accept her... and it was as she ran that she made a solemn vow that if the world didn't accept her... then she would reforge it in fire into a world that would.

It was a war that would change everything as the girl soon turned from hunted into hunter, preying on her friend's, family and allies...
she found that she could genetically change them through a near replica of the process that had changed her, but the process was far slower then what had been done to her. It took years for the first of the changed to make it to her forest alive but wounded. As she tended to her new friend cared for them as they healed; it was the beginning of the change in the tides until finally after an age of blood-soaked conflict all the once human populace was changed into the beginnings of what would come to be known as "The Nare".

The Nare however are a gentle collective who cherish all life equally and tend to spread such convictions gently throughout the cosmos; but have in the ages long since pasted visited once a grand many of world's with their innate civilizations of races. They have been commonly been mistaken for angels and demons in many mythos spread across the universe's and indirectly have been responsible for more death by the teachings they have given. Due to this action after watching the fallout a thousand times over. The Nare after a week of heavy debate in the Republic and among the populace as the vote was passed around. Choose that with the danger of their ease of genetic contamination posed and the actions which had cause various fanatics through the ages to commit genocide after genocide to their so called gods which had been based off of their inference. Choose to isolate themselves for the galaxy's sake and chose to fade into obscurity.

But as they kept diligently to their seclusion, they were soon discovered by the Empire after a few thousand years of quiet peace. It was the first meetings as the Nare accepted the Imperial ambassadors with friendly open arms. But what they never saw coming was the intent that was hidden within their eyes. It only took a few weeks after the first visit was over when a massive Imperial fleet appeared silently on the edge of the Nare system of Yan'Tei, The Nare having long since abandoning there once ancient fleets of interstellar ship noticed the threat posed immediately. But hope was quickly lost as the vessel never made it off the ground from Kaguya's LMAC.
Quickly the Nare agreed to the surrender demanded as imperials stormed and landed upon Agenisi, Ralu, Yalafath and finally Polis, which were the four habitable moons of Nora-Vas'Tal's forty three orbiting satellites.

As the Empire dragged a majority of the Nare away to be used as objects by nobles as concubines and trophies of their victory, the republic managed to survive the initial raids and were able to reach a deal between them and the empire... they would become enslaved giving away their body's for the empire's use across its whole. They would become obedient tools meant to feed every twisted need or desire, to become deadly weapons or sacrificial shields to be used as saw fit.
And in exchange they would while being enslaved be safe, safe from direct oppression or discrimination and their dignity would be kept intact.
If they lived long enough they would have a home to one day return to. To birth the next generation upon if they so wished and retire on in peace able to once again return to their once quiet life and then send their offspring to commit to satisfying the same twisted desires that tortured their parents before them...

However As the Nix forced the empire out, their fate's became worse then death. While they had served the empire they had remained loyal, knowing that at least they would be protected to some degree and used exclusively while keeping their dignity intact.

But the Nix took away all of that. They were now only a prize to be spread around like cheap butter. Used as playmates in the worst kind of games and tortures as billions of the Nare were taken to some nether region of space never to been seen again.
For those that survived the onslaught within deep confines of Kaguya, they held quiet in utter fear of every day waiting to be found while still keeping to the subterranean bio domes that at least allowed them to keep a shred of the old life and hopes a flicker. But for the Nare who survived on the surface, they watched at their planets were transformed into a haven of the worst kind as their ancestral forest homes were pillaged, bulldozed and built again from the ground up as spiraling metallic and manufactured city's took their place...

Now the Nare are toys, their days numbered as they count down how long it is until their new found masters grow tired of there exotic existence.
But with a now near singular female population... the corruption inflicted on a day to day basis has become the norm as they scavenge for making even the barest of necessity's to proceed even a single day further.
The pain and suffering are the only erotic joys at bring a meaning to their existence of life, and yet they still hope for that ray of light that seems so far away as if this was all but just a horrible nightmare, waiting powerlessly as their tainted further in filth and madness.
The worst part, they have stated to enjoy it.

Population: Five billion three hundred and twenty three million plus
Map Claim: (you can choose) Just needs to be a singular star.
Number of Systems: One

Cultural Information:
The Nare are a collective who live in crystal and wood city's built within the forests that litter their planets or within the Hives and networks of underground city's that expand for miles under sea level.
They keep a steady population control due to their longer lives and smaller birth rates. However the Nare are a matriarchal race with a 9-1 ratio of females to males across the board, this has partly lead to near extinction like events as the Nare occasionally had to break their vow of non interference in order to keep the collective alive with new genetic material and populace to inseminate. In order to change this desperate situation, The Nare medical advances soon allowed after a genome mutation to allow for asexual reproduction which lead to a partial elimination of the problem.
But in counter to that newfound reproduction option, generation after generation of same sex reproduction found that the genetics and populace grew significantly weaker causing occasional "Migration's" into the cosmos to secure newfound Genetic information, birthing's and populace who would choose to immigrate into the collective to keep it stronger and hopefully change the population ratios.
Society Information:
The Nare society appear on the surface to be a utopia; Clean sky's and clear water, the land and sea's teeming with life that the Airdren have guarded and grown for eons undisturbed keeping a careful balance in the ecosystem. but below the surface, the beastly Overmind's and their shape shifting Messangers hidden deep underground in massive hive's which guard the roadways of tunnels leading deep within to the underground utopian city's that hold the darkness of the Nare, unseen and In check.

On general however, The Nare are a gentle collective who cherish all life equally and live in peace with nature harmoniously choosing to live within forest city's with minimal land development beyond what's needed. When found they have been known throughout the eons to have prostrated themselves becoming loyal citizens, knights and even conditional slaves in order to if possible avoid the conflict which finds them.
Language(s):
Musical by vocal among themselves.
Emotion based transference created through touch.
Messengers can act as Universal translators if a sacrifice is presented to a Overmind for contamination and genetic restructure which allows all knowledge and memory's to be gathered from the victim for the Hives stores.
English/Axillary by collar translators.

Notable Locations:
Agenisi: The Homeworld of the Nare, located on the thirteenth satellite orbiting the sixth super planet in their systems goldilocks zone.
Seia: The capital city of Agenisi, in its total size is 464 km² and is built within the colossal ancient forest that thrive all over the planet; At its center is a massive three mile high one mile in diameter tree they call Mother Hyperion.
The majority of business and government related buildings are built into Mother Hyperion, with its peak holding a massive crystal castle which acts as the core parliament for the Nare collective as well as holds one of the two planetary C.C.'s and once the home of Yali'tear at its peak.

As the Nare world's fell, their conquers saw fit to keep only the massive ancestral tree and its buildings around as a constant reminder to the survivors that their way of life was over. they decimated the forest's turning them to lumber and forced upon the Nare the singular option. Submit or vanish as they had wanted. For the Nare it was the ultimate cruelty and humiliation to watch a manufactured city grow around and spread around their once sacred and hidden home.

Kaguya: a lone mountain range covered in layers of surface battle plate armor. As well as subterranean plates in-between various layers that head with the base which reaches twenty two miles into the ground and expands outwards. It contains the majority of the Nares naval fleets, but due to the lack of use, the majority of the metallic based vessel's while safely sealed are in need of repair and replacement; while the crystal vessels are in need of power to charge their long dormant systems.

Notable Works: (TO BE EXPALINED BY OP LATER)

Economic Information:
Economy Type: Barter System/ Capitalism
The Barter systems is the Nares, It's one of the few things that have remained constant through there passage of history, having already been unified by the "Mother", they had needed no such thing as a currency living in peace with the land and their basic needs were assured by the republic and by themselves as the gardeners they were.
But with the coming of the Empire, their system changed slightly turning individuals into products, and with the NIx the system finally splintered under the strain as a currency was forced upon them for the few lucky one's who were able to collect.
Economic Strengths: None
Economic Weaknesses: Corruption.
Major Industries: Produce production, Tourism, Slavery, Redlight-related industry, Gambling, Black Market's.
Exports: Slave, and Processed Materials and Food stuffs
Imports: Materials for processing.

Military Information:
The Nare military is what would be called weak, it has always been this way due to the production method of their vessels, which rely on a complex crystalline metal hybrid which takes years to artificially form and fuse. Assembly is done with cold welding in created Zero-G environments within Kaguya, but such activities have been inactive for various millennia now.
Their fleet is based on the simple principle of living with nature and the usage of the vessel by near any planet based life form as a form of contained Biosphere.

Military Doctrine:
The Nare doctrine have always put the idea of defense first, this is due to the fact that the vessels of the Nare are in there own right biospheres which carry various forms of life aboard them. As such the exterior of the vessel was built with heavier and sturdier plating for contact while the various shield's they employ are heavy walls. Adding the crystals natural design to bend a percentage of laser fire away from the vessel.
This fact alone cause's Nareian vessels to be a true cause of concern when they show up.

Military Strengths: While the Nare don't posses much of an idea on variable weapons, they have various ways that they employ already existing tech on their vessel's. Most Nare vessel come with their few laser's built into the vessel itself. The vibration created from the surrounding systems allow the metal in front of the weapon to become completely transparent which allows the energy to pass through without any loss or damage to the vessel.
Physical munition like missiles and rail weapons however are more tricky as they are built into the most exterior part of the 1st plating of the hull and function like a switch popping out like a children's popup book and discharging before retuning to original position as armor.
Adding to that is the variable Reflective Area Grid Guide system. or RAGG's.
RAGG's is a set of 3-7 hexagonal refection shields in various sizes depending on vessel class meant as a defense to true laser weapons fire.
It's purpose it is to completely stop the physical or the bounce the energy based back like a mirror and a magnifying glass redirecting and focusing the light and energy into a weapon.
However its other purpose is to reflect the Nare's own few laser weapons in impossible angles providing a complete 360 degree of fire despite the vessels not having a true 360 degree coverage ability which adds a deadly factor of unexpected variables to the Nare war machine.

Military Weaknesses:
The fatal weakness's of the Nare's vessels is the pure power consumption needed to engage in long fights just isn't there.
This also goes along for their shielding system, while they have three, each acceling in a single area but failing completely in the other.
To employ all three at the same time at full power is impossible for anything but the peak of vessel class's.
to do so with lower based vessels while possible also severally reduces there effectiveness.

The second factor is that the Nare vessel due to being ecosystems and crystalline based on their own can be very fragile to excessive physical and neutron force when shields are collapsed capable of killing with ease the occupants within.

Foreign Policy:
The Nare are in general a gentle race however under the rule of various factions, they have become nothing more then a passed around plaything as a mesh races use them for brutal carnal pleasure. However for the Nare while life is in a constant downwards spiral they are actually rather open to the change in the policy as it allows a chance for keeping what's left of the dying collective stronger then it ever has been.

Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List):

Additional Information:
NS Activity?: Very Active, Daily
Three Examples of Previous RPs:
Galaxy no so far away
My voice is nothing... My God is dead
Unexpected.

I am realistic, and I am techno-savvy.

Finely finished.
Last edited by Neo ORB on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:33 am, edited 12 times in total.
The Nare [FT]/Shattered Day Enterprise's [FT]
2015 P2TM Nominated for Best School-based RP character
There is no Neo Orb. Only "The Nare". Unless its MT.

Dbrought
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dbrought » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:41 am

Wip app

Nation Name: The Frontier Dawn (or "The Dawn Frontier". Which sounds better)
Government Type: Corporation
Government Description: Founded to protect settlements on the frontier of former Empire space.
National Leader(s): The Boss
Nation Capital: Aurora Base
Nation Age: Founded 3 years after the official end of the Nix Wars
Nation History:
Population:
Map Claim:
Number of Systems:

Cultural Information:
Society Information:
Language(s):
Notable Locations: Aurora Base. Haven,

Economic Information:
Economy Type:
Economic Strengths:
Economic Weaknesses:
Major Industries:
Exports: Mercenary troops, Alien Biology R&D, Archaeology R&D, Salvage
Imports:

Military Information:
Military Doctrine:
Military Strengths: Elite Strike teams and covert ops
Military Weaknesses:
Foreign Policy:

Additional Information:
NS Activity?:
HT- "A universe without murder is like a Sunday breakfast without pancakes."
OMG- "my elite special forces Spetsnaz Bears will infiltrate the taxis of a nation to devour all of their urban upper-middle class, leading to massive financial collapse."

Bulgislavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bulgislavia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:14 am

Nation Name: Radu Star Republic
Government Type: Authoritarian Republic (One man dictatorship)
Government Description: It was once a democratic system of world government with a system parliament called the Mass Convocation. With the election of Rit Malnos to the position of Supreme Paramount of the Radu System, the convocation chamber was packed with members of the Absolutist Faction. Since his election the Mass Convocation is largely a consultative advisory body that only meet's when Rit Malnos call's for an emergency session. Otherwise all executive powers have been invested in Rit Malnos where the Mass Convocation voted that he rule by decree.
National Leader(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bul ... /id=279238
Nation Capital: Capital System: RADU, System Capital: Planet Bulslov, Capital City: Tirest
Nation Age: 3,015 years old civilization in the Radu System + an extra 800-900 years traveling in a multi-generational colony ship through space from the unnamed ancient home world to the current home in the Radu System.
Nation History: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bul ... /id=480793 (See timeline at bottom of factbook page)
Population: between 5 billion to 5.1 billion.

I think this part of the App conflicts with the 'rules' of the OP, but I'm using my established ft nation. But still open and keen to RP outside main story thread.
Map Claim: We do not claim any space in the Outeria region of space, all of our claims are confined to the Avitus Nebula. The reason for this is because I've already started establishing an FT nation and am using that for all my FT rp's but would still like for the opportunity to RP with this group.
Number of Systems: So far only one system, but are beginning to explore another 4 in the Avitus Nebula

Cultural Information: Descendant of Humans, with similar culture. Authoritarian political culture with documented period of revolution, democracy, society closing down into dictatorship and then revolution ---cycle starts again --
Society Information: With Bulslovian civilization set on expanding out of the Radu System and with more contact with ET civilizations, there is a tech boom. Most people have personal holocomms much like humans on 21st century Earth would have a personal cell phone.
Language(s): Bulslovian
Notable Locations: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bul ... /id=480793

Economic Information: Mining has becoming the largest industry in the Radu System, however there is quite a dependence on cheap clone labour. Due to new policies from the Cloners Union, the economy is to start transitioning away from clones and into automated droids
Economy Type: Large corporations run by wealthy elites also exists next to an authoritarian state which regularly intervenes in the economy. But there are elements of free markets in the Radu System.
Economic Strengths: resources in the home system are not exhausted or stressed allowing further room for growth
Economic Weaknesses: Technologically backwards compared to many FT Civ's, Confined to one star system, Widening inequality causing friction and unrest among supporters of the jailed political opposition. Quite centralized and oligarchic decision making practices.
Major Industries: Asteroid and moon mining, colony and settlement expansion, cloning
Exports: Have yet to establish trade export treaties with other FT civ's
Imports: have yet to establish trade import treaties with other FT civ's

Military Information: underdeveloped and technologically backwards, however receiving help and assistance from Zarthinan Empire and Confederation of Allied Planets for new ships and protection.
Military Doctrine: Smaller more maneuverable ships drawing enemy near orbital defense installations. Ground warfare as well as guerrilla warfare utilized if needed.
Military Strengths: Protection and good relations with larger more powerful civilizations.
Military Weaknesses: Technologically backwards
Foreign Policy: Peace with all
Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): Radu Star Republic has yet to officially establish diplomatic relations with other star nations in this region of space. So like Achesia said in OOC interest thread, more of a supplementary member than fully fledged.

Additional Information: While not anchoring my civ in this region as I've already established it somewhere else, I am keen to have some sort of association or involvement with this RP group, even if its Radu System explorer's entering or something?
NS Activity?: Pretty active
Three Examples of Previous RPs: The New State 2015 - (MT RP). Forgotten Eon Dark fantasy (FanT RP), Consolidation + Expansion FT RP

ps. I guess I can't apply for full membership, as my civ is not based in this RP group so would probably not be involved in the main story line/thread but maybe some kind of observer status where I'm be open and keen to have RP contact with this region of space and it's civ's

I am Realistic
Last edited by Bulgislavia on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revolutionary Peoples Democracy

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:29 am

Nation Name: Remnants of Exilvania

Government Type: Fascist Military Dictatorship

Government Description: It was once nothing but a poor colony from Humans being exiled because of their beliefs. Over the time it developed a strong Military to not get conquered by the Old Empire

National Leader(s): Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler

Nation Capital: Schreckensburg

Nation Age: Refounded directly after the Nixian-Human War.

Nation History: In the beginning of the Empire, there were certain groups with different ideals and beliefs. When those groups turned to violence the Old Empire acted quickly and imprisoned most of those troublemakers. With the colonization of the stars, the Old Empire just deported those troublemakers and terrorist to the very boundaries of their galaxy, where they left them with almost nothing. However, the Exiled survived and made a small Empire of their own. They built up a strong military force to never again succumb to the Old Empire and to never be imprisoned again. In the long War between the Nix and the Old Empire, Exilvania, the so called Nation of the Exiled, wanted to remain neutral but was soon attacked by the Nix, who managed to utterly destroy most of it`s forces and take most of their planets. There the strong xenophobia of the Exilvanians originates. At the end of the War, the remaining Exilvanian Forces insued in A Civil War that would take untill the very end of the Nixian-Human War and end with the refounding of the Remnants of Exilvania.

Population: 80.234.543.358

Map Claim: North Eastern Border of the map

Number of Systems: 5 Systems. Most of them taken by conquest. Still expanding through conquest.

Cultural Information: Humans. T>hey had been outside the borders of the Old Empire and so, to withstand an invasion to become part of the empire, they become a Dictatorship specialized on the military. They are also highly xenophobic.

Society Information: Most women work in the Consumer Goods Industry. The men either serve in the military or work in Governmental Organizations were they could be usefull for the military (Public Transportation, etc...) untill they`re 50. After that they either stay as high ranking officers in the military or the Government.

Language(s): Exilvanian (German)

Notable Locations: Mining Planet Wallberg; Main Fleet Base at Planet Ordninger; The Alien Concentration Camps on Planet Abfall

Economic Information: Most of the Exilvanian Economy consists of Military manufacturing Complexes. However those have to get ressources to manufacture, thus making the mining complex the greatest in Exilvania. Also the Military Manufacturing is completely automated.

Economy Type: All large corporations belong to the government and everything having anything to do with the military does also belong to them. Smaller businesses for clothing and stuff but also the Agricultural Industry are completely private owned.

Economic Strengths: Strong Ammunitions Manufacturing.

Economic Weaknesses: Underdeveloped Sector for Consumer Goods.

Major Industries: Ammunition Industry, Weapon Industry and Vehicle Industry. The biggest is the Mining Industry.

Exports: They don`t really export because they are forbidden by the government to trade and possibly strenghten a future enemy.

Imports: None because they don`t want to strenghten future enemies with their money.

Military Information: Rather Underdeveloped. No Lasers or Plasma. No Ion Weapons and also no intelligent enough AI to serve on the battlefield.

Military Doctrine: Fast Attack to crush enemy resistance and spread fear and terror. Ground Invasions only begin after extensive bombings. Used in terroristic Warfare if getting behind the enemy lines.

Military Strengths: Large, well armoured Capital Ships and extensive amounts of Infantry.

Military Weaknesses: Weapons are out of Date.

Foreign Policy: Trying to establish a secret intelligence network. If the Planet/Nation doesn`t have any strong allies attack orders are issued immediately.

Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): The Remnants of Exilvania have yet to establish diplomatic connections with other nations.

Additional Information: ?

NS Activity?: Very high.

Three Examples of Previous RPs:http: //forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=351263&sid=bb24df710a4498efc5636ad32c279ea7
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=352540
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=351218
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 1&t=352899

I`d like to be in slot 13 if I get accepted.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:04 am

Nation Name: Vimnon Enclave

Government Type: Semi-Meritocratic Elective Confederate Council

Government Description: The principle governmental unit is the Haven, equivalent to a city/county. Most Havens are tightly-knit communities with considerable control and power vested in the local Haven Council, a benign body made up of the most upstanding citizens of the Haven. To become a council man or woman, two-thirds of the general population in the Haven and a unanimous vote by the sitting members of the Haven Council is generally required. The Council handles all legislative, judicial, and executive responsibilities; in larger Havens these are sometimes delegated to sub-bodies under the authority of the Council. Havens have jurisdiction over the day-to-day lives of the Vimnon people, and as such by-laws, ordinances, and traditions can vary greatly from one to another.

Every planet has a Planetary Council or equivalent, responsible for planetary defense and broad internal policy and guidance. Larger planets sometimes have a few regional sub-councils that help manage the responsibility of protecting and advancing the planet. Several Interplanetary Governmental Bodies do exist, most notably the Tri-Planetary Council of the Vimnus System (TPCVS or just TPC), the Assembly of Colonial Worlds (ACW), and the Great United Summit of Havens (GUSH), but these serve in abstract roles for the most part, a place for mediation, sharing, and debate. The one clear mandate for these bodies is protection of Vimnon Territories and space lanes, and for the GUSH, setting foreign policy and making treaties with other non-Vimnon polities. The GUSH also controls the United Defense Fleet and United Defense Force, funded by taxes and contributions from all other Vimnon governments for the purposes of common defense and limited offensive action if needed.

TL; DR Version: Havens are cities, larger government entities exist but generally the larger in scope they become, the less power they have. Most outsiders will deal with the Great United Summit of Havens (GUSH) for diplomatic needs and encounter GUSH ships along the borders of Vimnon Space.

National Leader(s): GUSH Executive Council Administrators

*Kurel Sar-Don of Vimn III -- Also a Supreme Member of the TPC, a gentle and trusting soul with a wildly successful background in producing art and music, seeks peace between Humans and Vimnon.
*Hirmaal Zek-Kirdon of Vimn IV -- Also a Supreme Member of the TPC, a professional soldier who served for many years in the illustrious Infiltration Unit 7, until injuries forced him to more 'sedentary' roles… is quite wary of and perhaps secretly bitter towards humans.
*Oopal Gor-Dinjeer of Vimn V -- Also a Supreme Member of the TPC, somewhat aloof and absent-minded, a renowned professor of botany, zoology, natural medicine and biology at one of the most prestigious universities on Vimn V, with many discoveries of useful applications of plant and animal products to his credit, cares little for the conflict between Human and VImnon, not understanding the point.
*Sarool Dem-Wirbeel of Mol'Fresi -- Also a Supreme Member of the ACW, bombastic and a friend to all, started from nothing and now helps run a massive mining enterprise spanning several unincorporated moons and asteroid fields, would like to see Humans and Vimnon cooperate, but that isn't his life's goal.
*Firneed Vel-Nekdoo of Mol'Dosus -- Also a Supreme Member of the ACW, a quiet but sly merchant and proud owner owner of a private fleet of trade ships that also help patrol the space lanes (which some see as greedy), secretly wants a low-intensity war to boost his profits and importance.
*Peekzam Kek-Kooldeet of Mol'Zindis -- Also a Supreme Member of the ACW, he is rather young to be at such a high level, but his flair at overcoming engineering and design for the military has elevated him beyond his years, no one really knows his stance on anything quite yet.
*Harveej Fir-Ganuur -- Born in Space, theoretically having no partiality to any one world or system, an arbiter and overseer only, there to break tie votes. Taciturn and wise, she has lead several Discovery Class Frigates in explorations and excursions into non-Vimnon space, understands better than most that the Human-Vimnon relationship is a complex one.

Nation Capital: Tri-Planetary Space Station (TPSS, pronounced 'Tips'), which houses both the TPC and GUSH governmental bodies, and a sizable fleet. Also known as 'Fulcrum Station' because it is constantly kept at or as near as possible to the point where all three inhabited worlds in the Vimnus system orbit around.

The ACW changes venue ever 20 years among the colonial worlds, and if Fulcrum Station were destroyed somehow, it would almost certainly become the de facto National Capitol. It is currently occupying a large haven on Dosus III.

Nation Age: 10,000 years (I don't know what conventions we are using so this might be really off, but an age fairly old relative to human nations)

Nation History: "The Vimnon have been for many years, and they will be for many more."

Records of the Oldest Havens tell of dark times when the Vimnon were preyed upon by the multitudes of larger, stronger predators of the inhabited Vimnus worlds. They lived in trees and relied on their agility to escape being eaten, and were often unsuccessful... but the Vimnon possessed something no other creature did -- a knack for inventing and using tools to improve themselves and their surroundings. First they built crude spears and elaborate traps to discourage being eaten, then they built temporary tree forts and houses to increase their comfort and security, and eventually discovered how to manipulate a locally occurring crystal into an effective building material -- the Haven was born.

Ages passed, and many Havens cropped up on the face of the three inhabitable planets of Vimnus, and no one knows which planet was inhabited first, though each presents a credible case. The Tribal Vimnon rejected the idea of 'living in immobile stone tombs' (for some of the Vimnon buried their dead in the crystal from the beginning) and they forever split from their brethren. The others began advancing once their primary concern was no longer avoiding becoming lunch, and gradually they invented all sorts of technology to make their lives easier and better. They invented ways to communicate between planets, they eventually built ships to travel between them as well, and one day, scientists began making prototype FTL Drives... and the Vimnon began to look to the stars.

A friendly competition was proposed, and the Havens of each planet worked long and hard to be the first to send out a colonial ship to a neighboring star. Scout ships were sent out to choose a suitable location (some never returned), and the systems of Fresi, Dosus, and Zindis were selected. Vimn V was the first to send their scout ship, to the Zindis System. 'Mol' meant 'Colony' in the Old Vimnon, and so they renamed their new possession the Mol'Zindis System. The other planets followed suit a few years later when their colonial ships were dispatched, Vimn III claimed Mol'Fresi and Vimn IV Mol'Dosus. Those three massive colony ships still remain on the first world inhabited in their respective systems, the aging hulks a wonder to any who know the story.

After a long peaceful existence, cautiously carving out a civilization from among the new colonies and a few other nearby systems, the Vimnon Race eventually encountered elements of the Old Empire, in what is now the Achesian Intercosmic Bastion. Overall, their interactions were not terribly hostile, as the Vimnon Enclave sat at the edge of Imperial Space and the Empire never deemed it worthwhile to agitate its peaceful neighbor. Several treaties were signed some time after initial contact, gradually incorporating the Enclave as a Semi-Autonomous Province of the Empire in exchange for freer travels into Imperial space by Vimnon exploration vessels, resulting in a golden age of learning and trade for the Vimnon. The Vimnon suffered the status as Second Class Citizens, but deemed the arrangement better than actively resisting the status quo.

During the Nix Wars, the Vimnon traded technology and weapons at below-market value to the Empire to aid in the war effort, as well as fighting off the occasional incursion by Nix into their own territory. With the collapse of Empire and the Nix alike, the Vimnon now seek to be a free beacon of peace in dark times, and to retain what they have gained by slow, cautious expansion.

Population: Overall: ~ 60,231,702,500 Vimnon

Vimnus System: Vimnus is a small Blue Dwarf Star surrounded by seven planets, three of which are inhabited. All three of the Vimnon Homeworlds (Vimn III, IV, and V) are small to medium planets covered by dense blue forests, ranging more towards bluish-green hues on Vimn III and more towards blueish-violet on Vimn V. A large asteroid belt circles beyond the planetary bodies, and makes hyperspatial travel difficult between the Vimnus System and the space beyond -- there are few plotted paths into the system that are continually useable.

The three inhabited planets are clustered very close together and orbit slowly around their star, dancing in and out so that sometimes one is closer to the sun than the others, and sometimes further away. The procession orbits the star in an elliptical fashion that is almost a perfect circle, resulting in rather mild and even seasons spanning about four standard years each, or a total of twelve years for one cycle.

The planets themselves also turn, taking about fourteen standard days to complete one rotation, such that for seven days a point on a planet is bathed by sunlight, and for seven days the point faces away from the sun and experiences a twilight, often lit by the shining faces of the other two planets, one of the five moons that whirl about beyond the cluster of planets, or just the darkness of space pricked by the light from distant stars. The sunlight-twilight cycle is very important for the life-cycle of most organisms, especially plant life.

The planets are cool in temperature, especially at the poles, but an insulating atmosphere traps heat quite well and the equatorial zones can grow quite warm if the conditions are right. No one truly knows which planet is the 'true' Vimnon homeward, though each lay claim to the title.

Vimn I: A small, hot rock with no atmosphere spinning fairly rapidly around the star, very hostile to life,
5,000 Vimnon in various Research and Mining Outposts
500 Vimnon in an orbital Weather and Sensor Station

Vimn II: A small hot rock with a toxic atmosphere spinning fairly rapidly around the star, somewhat hostile to life,
15,000 Vimnon in various Research and Mining Outposts

Vimn III: Vimn III is the most populous of the planets in the system and boasts the most gentle and docile of the three planets' geography and ecosystems, with few natural mountains or terrain hazards, gently sloping hills, and few dangerous species of plant or animal. The forests tend to be more open and airy, and the many Vimnon Havens are intertwined into the branches of the large blue trees, usually larger in area, smaller in population, less built up vertically and more spread out horizontally (but still walled by protective enclosures to keep out the few dangerous creatures that do roam the planet), and focused mostly on horticultural and agricultural production and mining, even though there are no large oceans or bodies of water on the planet. Vimn III does host several pharmaceutical companies and droid manufacturers as well.
18.5 Billion Vimnon on world
1 Million Vimnon in several Orbital Space Stations and Docks

Vimn IV: Vimn IV is possibly the most varied of the three inhabited planets of the Vimnon. At the equator, it is much like Vimn III, and at the poles more like the harsher Vimn V. It is the second most populated planet and has elements of both types of Havens, a fusion of architecture that uses crystal spires in the core of the havens for business and and along the border walls, but also incorporates the natural trees for some of its support, making lovely botany gardens and places for relaxation. Many of the best artisans and artists call this planet home. Vimn IV also hosts a company, Vimnomatic Shipyards LTD, which makes many of the spaceships and space fighters used by in the system for defense, trade, and exploration. Orbiting as a planetary ring above the planet is a massive space station/ship-yard where vessels are built, repaired, and housed when not in use. There are also several other space stations and minor shipyards as well.

15 Billion Vimnon on world
50 Million Vimnon in the the Orbital Ring Space Station and Docks, as well as other Space Stations

Vimn V: Vimn V is a harsh and dangerous world, with perhaps one hundred or so massive Havens clinging to the equator and many smaller research stations scattered throughout. The towering trees and precipitous mountains and cliffs of the planet have led to the Havens being made into dazzlingly high crystal spires requiring a comparatively small area to rest on, with floor upon floor of housing, workstations, and recreational biospheres. The planet is full of interesting and dangerous plant and animal life, attracting many scientific researchers and adventurers. Despite the hostile environment outside and low population, once inside the Havens, the social atmosphere is technologically advanced and of a reasonably high quality of life, and the planet is the political, intellectual, and social capital of the Vimnon Race.
5 Billion Vimnon on world
1 Million Vimnon in several Orbital Space Stations and Docks

Moons of the Tri-Planets There are five moons orbiting the Tri-Planetary Cluster, Kor, Del, Mur, Set, and Puk, all small and uninhabitable without protective equipment. Kor and Del are little more than mining and foundry worlds now, churning out raw materials and some droids and ship-parts. Mur is under the jurisdiction of the GUSH Space Fleet, and is used for weapons tests and training. Set is owned by a crazy old Vimnon named Bidlee-Fin-Tootlock, and no one really knows what he does up there, only that he doesn't suffer many visitors. Puk is the site of several telescopes and sensors used by the military and universities for learning and intelligence. There are a few docks and space stations, mostly around Kor, Del, and Mur, but otherwise barren.
5 Million Vimnon on the moon surfaces themselves
100,000 Vimnon in various Orbital Space Stations and Docks

Vimn VI: A medium planet entirely covered in water, this planet has many 'mining' operations that collect the water to bring back to the other planets. Little is known about what lies beneath the deep, but several underwater vessels have been specially built to study the depths.
5 Million Vimnon on world collecting water and exploring the depths
50,000 Vimnon in various Space Stations

Vimn VII: A massive gas giant with three moons, mined for various gases. Aside from specially designed mining platforms, most of the research and patrol craft are kept in space and sent down as needed, and several Docks for military and civil craft, as well as several Forward Observation Stations orbit around.
100,000 Vimnon Mining
5 Million Vimnon in the Stations

Moons of Vimn VII: The three moons are Dek, Sel, and Bet, and are mostly undeveloped at this point, though Dek has a few mining and sensor outposts on it. Sel and Bet have a history of being places Tribal Vimnon frequent, and anti-piracy patrols are common around them.
100,000 Vimnon on the moon surfaces (not counting the Tribal Vimnon, which may number as many as 1 Million at any given point)
5,000 Vimnon in a few Space Stations

Asteroid Belt of the Vimnus System: Large hunks of floating rocks, vast sensor nets and outposts, and mining ships are all there really is to see out here.
1 Million Vimnon in a few Space Stations, Asteroid Defence Guns, and semi-permanent Mining Rigs

Mol'Fresi System Fresi is a Large Yellow Star surrounded by four planets, two of which are inhabited. A small asteroid belt lies between Fresi III and Fresi IV, and a large asteroid belt circles beyond the planetary bodies, and makes hyperspatial travel difficult between the Fresi System and the space beyond -- there are few plotted paths into the system that are continually useable.

Fresi I: A small, hot rock with no atmosphere spinning fairly rapidly around the star, very hostile to life and devoid of water.

Fresi II: A medium world, very hot and with a dense ammonia atmosphere. Of little use to the Vimnon beyond military training and practice in dense atmospheres and scientific research.
5 Million Vimnon on world, manning various small domed bases too small and incomplete to be considered Havens
5,000 Vimnon in various space stations.

Fresi III: A medium world with a breathable atmosphere, gentle terrain and temperatures, and native plant and animal life that is alien to the Vimnon but generally docile (also very earth-like). Many Havens have been erected here, mostly for farming and scientific research, and the exotic plants and animals shipped to other systems as curiosities. This planet is the crown jewel of the Fresi System, and has several large space stations orbiting overhead for defense.
4 Billion Vimnon on world
1 Million Vimnon in various orbital space stations

Fresi IV: A medium world with a breathable atmosphere, but cool and with no native life. There are many mining havens here though, as this world is rich in alloys and metals. Several manufacturing Havens also have cropped up to supply certain locally made items and thus save interstellar shipping some of the more mundane goods. Some orbital defenses and docks also exist.
500 Million Vimnon on world
500,000 Vimnon in various orbital space stations.

Asteroid Belt of the Fresi System: Large hunks of floating rocks, vast sensor nets and outposts, and mining ships are all there really is to see out here.
1 Million Vimnon in a few Space Stations, Asteroid Defense Guns, and semi-permanent Mining Rigs

Mol'Dosus System Dosus is a Large Yellow Star surrounded by five planets, three of which are inhabited. A large asteroid belt circles beyond the planetary bodies, and makes hyperspatial travel difficult between the Dosus System and the space beyond -- there are few plotted paths into the system that are continually useable.

Dosus I: A small, hot rock with no atmosphere spinning fairly rapidly around the star, very hostile to life,

Dosus II: A small planet with a barely breathable atmosphere, but a very unusual magnetic field which encourages scientific research both on the planet and above it.
50 Million Vimnon on world
1 Million Vimnon in various military and research stations orbiting the planet

Dosus III: A medium planet with abundant wildlife and healthy climate thanks to a high, something of a tourist and resort world has built up around it.
5 Billion Vimnon on world
1 Million Vimnon in various military and research stations orbiting the planet

Dosus IV: A medium planet with a small moon and crystalline life forms who are quite tough and of some interest as inspiration for armor in the future.
2 Billion Vimnon on world
50,000 Vimnon in various space stations

Moon of Dosus VI: Almost completely turned into a military complex to defend the system.
100 Million Vimnon on the moon
50,000 Vimnon in various orbital stations overhead

Dosus V: A massive gas giant with no moons, with an indigenous race of flying gas grazers, and the planet is mined for various gases. Aside from specially designed mining platforms, most of the research and patrol craft are kept in space and sent down as needed, and several Docks for military and civil craft, as well as several Forward Observation Stations orbit around.
100,000 Vimnon Mining
5 Million Vimnon in the Stations

Asteroid Belt of the Dosus System: Large hunks of floating rocks, vast sensor nets and outposts, and mining ships are all there really is to see out here.
1 Million Vimnon in a few Space Stations, Asteroid Defense Guns, and semi-permanent Mining Rigs

Mol'Zindis System Zindis is a small Blue Dwarf Star just like Vimnun, surrounded by four planets, two of which are inhabited. A small asteroid belt circles beyond the planetary bodies, and makes hyperspatial travel difficult between the Zindis System and the space beyond -- though there are still several several plotted paths into the system that are continually useable. A Black Hole is rather close to the system, however, and ripples affect the fabric of space somewhat, making hyper spacial travel possible on only a few directions, forcing those traveling to Vimnus System to go somewhat out of their way along the string of outpost systems skirting the edge of the Black Hole'e area of effect.

Zindis I: A small, hot rock with no atmosphere spinning fairly rapidly around the star, very hostile to life,

Zindis II: A medium planet with no native life, but the plant life of the Vimnus system has transplanted quite well here, and it is almost like home in many respects, making it a popular destination for weary star travelers missing the comforts of the old world.
4 Billion Vimnon on world
1 Million VImnon in various orbital stations

Zindis III: A medium planet mostly covered in water and with a core composed of watery caverns. Not much going on on this planet beyond the few pieces of land where havens can be built.
1 Billion VImnon on world
50,000 Vimnon on various space stations

Zindis IV: A large gaseous planet that has not been developed at all yet, though explorers are searching for valuable gases.
5,000 Vimnon in a few orbital space stations

Asteroid Belt of the Zindis System: Large hunks of floating rocks, vast sensor nets and outposts, and mining ships are all there really is to see out here.

Other Systems, Outposts: There are several minor outposts and systems along the space lanes, most of which have little more than a sensor net, a Military and Research Space Station, and perhaps a small settlement on one or two planets. These are only maintained as way-points along the space lanes, and are so small they do not even merit a Haven.
500,000 Vimnon on a few mining rigs and settlements
10 Million deployed in Military Space Stations

Map Claim:

Number of Systems: 4 main ones and several minor ones

Cultural and Societal Information: Vimnon are a peaceful, contented race with high focus on science and technology organized in tight communities called Havens loosely organized into a Confederacy run by GUSH.

- Vimnon all speak Old Imperial as well as the traditional Vimnon, with certain variations and accents depending on the specific locality where they were raised.

- Vimnon society does not have very distinct gender roles, male and female being considered equal for all legal and most social consideration. Vimnon are instead more interested in the suitability of an individual for the task, and females and males alike are considered on their merits first. The concept of something being 'manly' or 'girly' does not exist among the Vimnon; a parallel paradigm between the 'passive' and 'assertive' does, though not with the same positive and negative connotations. Vimnon are neither a Patriachial nor a Matriachial society, and anyone can rise to become the leader of a Haven and beyond.

- Marriage among the Vimnon is a rarely broken life-long bond between a male and female Vimnon, and typical marrying age is about 100 years old. The process is complex, and involves both the two partners, their families, and the government of the local Haven. Local customs vary some, but generally the parents of a young VImnon create a small list of qualities that they consider essential in a spouse, and a separate list of less essential qualities that tend to be larger, and reflect the preferences and taste of both parents and child. These factors are usually respected by the child, and potential spouses are vetted against it.

Should a possible match be found, the child will go and inform their parents of their decision. Usually the parents will raise no objection if all of the essential characteristics are present, and the prospective mate and his or her parents will be invited to a dinner. The dinner is usually full of ceremony and tradition that varies from Haven to Haven, but always includes deliberation between the parents and separate conversation between the two prospective mates. Should neither party find any reason not to marry, the couple is considered engaged from that moment on.

The couple and both of their families will then go before the local Haven Council, and inform them of their engagement. Rarely will a Haven Council find a reason not to sanction the union, and they have no power to legally end it except in cases of previous marriage. Once the council has blessed the union (or at the very least been unable to dissuade the couple and their families), the pair are considered married. Often an official celebration is scheduled by the two families, but this is not always the case.

- There are four main Sub-Ethnicities of Vimnon, and are based primarily on skin tone:
* The aqua-blue hued Vimnon commonly found on Vimn III and Mol'Fresi, stereotypically very complacent individuals who enjoy simple work and simple pleasures most would consider boring and tedious.
* The solid blue hued Vimnon found everywhere, but especially Vimn IV and Mol'Dosus, stereotypically good natured and looking for excitement… also the most likely to get into trouble with the rules, though rarely for malicious reasons.
* The blue-violet Vimnon of Vimn V and Mol'Zindis, known for being more reserved and focused on work, highly productive but sometimes so busy they are unable to enjoy the fruits of their labors.
* The blackish-blue tribal Vimnon, those who avoid the Havens and live their lives in the dark forests of the planets or as wandering space scavengers and raiders. They do not often interact directly with the others except to barter and trade, and have reputation for being uncivilized and barbaric. A more fair description would be isolationist and highly reverent of tradition, as well as wary of outsiders who they deem as less than faithful to the old ways. The more devout eschew space travel altogether.

The first three share the same culture, society, and governmental structure, and interact together with little discrimination and much admiration of each other's strengths, but the tribal Vimnon largely avoid all interaction with the first three, and are not nearly as developed or technologically advanced. Some trade between the two has been known to occur in limited amounts on Vimn IV, however.

- Vimnon Politics are largely void of passionate competition. Havens are nearly exclusively run by Councils, and when a member of a Haven is deemed worthy of acceptance to the Council, the entire population, as well as the current Councilors, vote. If the candidate wins a unanimous vote among the Councilors and a two-thirds or better vote from the public, he or she is admitted into the Council.

- Vimnon Society is somewhat hierarchical, though with no hard rules barring one from upward mobility. Aptitude determines, in large part, where a young Vimnon will begin their career, though all entry-level jobs pay the same and utilize a pay-scale calibrated to the individual's performance and fulfillment. Age, experience, commitment, fulfillment, and wisdom are highly revered qualities, and the longer one happily works in a meaningful employment, the more respect, prestige, pay, and honor they receive. Vimnon see all meaningful work as important, and do not see a scientist or doctor as being any more or less valuable as a farmer or miner. Instead, the dedication and performance put into the job and the enjoyment gained from it are used to gauge how good a worker a Vimnon is, with good workers receiving raises and promotions and poor workers receiving remedial help or career changes to better reflect their abilities and needs.

- Trade and Economics among the Vimnon are complex with much internal exchanges taking place, but a Macro-level breakdown of Vimnon economy could be made thusly: Internally, there are four general types of Havens by export: Food-Production and Farming Havens, Craft and Manufacturing Havens, Research and Learning Havens, and Mining and Production Havens. Each trade their surplus to the others in exchange for their surpluses, and generally things run rather smoothly. Externally, the Vimnon once often traded with the Empire via Discovery Class Frigates, swapping technology and learning. Interstellar trade today is more complicated by the rise of many rival factions, many of whom reject the Vimnon as aliens. Trade still exists between what factions will allow it, but at a much lower level than in the stable times of the Empire.

- War among the Vimnon is largely a thing of the past. Modern Havens have much more to lose than to gain by fighting their neighbors, and most Vimnon are cool-tempered by nature anyways; however, Tribal Raiders, Human Pirates, and the odd Nix Attacker operating on the narrow hyperspace lanes and the ever possible threat that another Faction might invade has led to a sizable fleet being created to patrol Vimnon space lanes and systems. The Tribal VImnon still war occasionally among themselves with primitive weapons, though it is largely a ceremonial scuffle and not vicious fighting, rarely resulting in high casualties.

- Religion and Spirituality among the Vimnon is largely personal. Most believe in a higher power that created all of existence, but generally Vimnon do not believe one can know much about that power, and many do not concern themselves with it much at all. Tribal Vimnon are generally much more concerned with religion, and much of the technology that they do use is believed to be magic gifted to them by the gods for their faithfulness in the teachings and ways.

- Vimnon are omnivorous, though they eat a diet that is mostly liquid or of a soft, mushy texture. They lack saliva and their digestive systems do not handle solid or hard foods well, and can be easily upset. As Vimnon cannot taste or smell, they consider culinary perfection to be in the blend of nutrients and the presentation of the foods they consume, preferring bright colors and interesting sounds like bubbling or hissing. Thin broth soups, concentrated nectar syrups, and special herbal tea blends are common menu items in Vimnon eateries.

- Havens are the center of Vimnon society, and few venture outside of their protective walls. All Havens have a Center exclusively made from a special opaque blue crystal that grows very well and predictably under certain conditions, conditions that are easy to create, making it an ideal building material. The Center can be small and only all-crystal building in the Haven (common in many smaller Havens on Vimnon III, where building in the trees is preferred), it can be many spires surrounded by lesser tree dwellings (as is often found in the larger Havens of Vimn III and Vimn IV), or it can be a giant spire that is the entirety of the Haven (as is common on Vimn V). The Center is where all official business is conducted, and where the Local Council sits. There are always recreational areas like libraries, nature parks, and exercise rooms that provide the residents of the Haven with a place to relax. Vimnon gather in the open nectar lounges to sip on the latest concoction of flower juices and talk with others about their lives and to catch the latest gossip. The correctional facilities are also located in the Center, where those who have done wrongs so grave community service is not sufficient punishment are treated. Some non-tribal Vimnon do live as hermits and wildmen outside of the Havens... in fact, saying someone has gone 'beyond the gates' is a euphamism for gone insane or crazy in Vimnon -- even now, the wilds of the Vimnus System are full of dangerous creatures and predators.

- Deliberately showing one's back to a Vimnon, butt-up, is a sign of trust, affection, intimacy, and/or submission, depending on the context.

- Vimnon believe that there must be balance between the light and the dark, neither fearing nor exalting one or the other (they do not associate light and dark with good and evil, however, and have high disregard for evil and chaos).

- The modern Vimnon wears tight-fitting one-piece jumpsuits, usually with many pockets for the workers and a more 'refined' look for those who can afford it. The wealthy and powerful invest in more colorful and flashy jumpsuits in reds, yellows, and whites, while the average Vimnon settles for more drab, practical colors like greens, blues, purples, and browns. The military jumpsuits are black for parade dress and space service and blue-violet digiflage for BDU's and ground combat.

- Many ceremonial dances involve complicated motions of the appendages, body, plume, and neck, all to keep the head motionless, most notably, several mating dances.

- The average life span for a Vimnon is about 350 years, with the upper limit about 400. Vimnon are not considered full adults until they reach 100 years of age, and are adolescents from about the age of 60 onwards. Vimnon actually develop far slower than most species in at first, though their development curves and tends to grow exponentially until their deaths -- so an 80 year old Vimnon might be as mature as a 20 year old human, but by age 120 they would have developed as much as a 50 year old human, and by age 200, they have developed far beyond what most humans would in their whole lives.

- Vimnon can see in the UV spectrum as well as the normal one.

- Vimnon are usually very amicable and cooperative as a race, because they had to work together to stay alive against the monstrous creatures that live in the forest, and by nature are somewhat non-confrontational and seek to avoid conflict, a survival trait that lingers. The are communal for the same reason; protection. Vimnon have become highly organized as time has gone on as natural outgrowths of their cooperation and communal living. Tradition is important, but so is progress, so the Haven Councils constantly balance both. In addition, most traditions have exceptions for extenuating circumstances.

- Vimnon have a slow birthrate and high infant mortality rate, but longevity to counter it. They are a wise race, not terribly strong, but with high dexterity and cleverness overall. They generally possess high levels of conceptual and theoretical aptitude and knowhow,

Language(s): Old Imperial (Basic), Vimnon
Notable Locations: 'Fulcrum Station', Orbital Ship Yards of Vimn IV, three massive and useless colonial ship hulks one in each colonial system
Notable Works: (TO BE EXPALINED BY OP LATER) ?

Economic Information: Trade and Economics among the Vimnon are complex with much internal exchanges taking place, but a Macro-level breakdown of Vimnon economy could be made thusly: Internally, there are four general types of Havens by export: Food-Production and Farming Havens, Craft and Manufacturing Havens, Research and Learning Havens, and Mining and Production Havens. Each trade their surplus to the others in exchange for their surpluses, and generally things run rather smoothly. Externally, the Vimnon once often traded with the Empire via Discovery Class Frigates, swapping technology and learning. Interstellar trade today is more complicated by the rise of many rival factions, many of whom reject the Vimnon because they are non-human. Trade still exists between what factions will allow it, but at a much lower level than in the stable times of the Empire.

Economy Type: Mixed/Exotic -- Many individuals have side income through their various hobbies, the Havens and Universities control many economic functions and hold most of the patents and intellectual property rights, while corporations tend to control larger enterprises involving the consent of several havens.

Economic Strengths: Fairly diverse, stable, and developed economy with a high degree of production capacity and technology, thanks to the various Havens and Corporations producing and trading goods and tech throughout the Enclave.

Economic Weaknesses: Just are Vimnon are slow to reproduce and generally non-violent, so their economy is geared mostly for peaceful ventures and would take time to recover from setbacks or convert to a total war footing. Also, corporations are not terribly common except for massive jobs, and then with strict oversight; this has somewhat stunted growth compared to where is might be otherwise (though has also made things more stable). Also, the various planets rely upon each other for various internal imports and exports, and cutting them off from each other would greatly hinder economic production.

Major Industries: Tech and R&D, Scientific Discoveries and Theoretical Learning, Farming, Manufacturing, Shipbuilding, Mining, Military Production

Exports: Tech and Knowledge (with other factions, anyways)

Imports: Tech and Knowledge (with other factions, anyways)

Military Information: There are four main levels of the military, each with different missions and equippment;
* At the Haven Defense Level, the goal is to maintain local security in non-violent times and a present a means to strike back at invaders if all else fails. Most Havens do not typically have exceptionally large security forces, and it is expected that civilians will step up if need be. The few permanent elemets they have usually consist of the Haven police/guards, as well as a manned station within the Center that handles communications, has an armory, and is able to raise a shield that can protect the Haven against orbital attacks. Some of the larger Havens also have fleets of ground vehicles and perhaps a wing or two of fighters, though these tend to be of civilian or industrial grade, not military grade. These forces are often of mixed quality and sometimes loosely organized, and are focused more on peacetime security and guerilla warfare and resistance should their area fall to an enemy.

*At the Regional/Planetary Defense Level, the goal is keeping enemies from landing on the planet, and, should that fail, from taking it over. They have the bulk of ground, air, and sea units, though most of these are droid/drone armies and low-cost vehicles accompanying far better protected Vimnon with high-survivability exo-skeletons, power suits, and vehicles with added protection. They also maintain control of the 'Littoral Zone' of space combat, the space within weapons range of the planet, with planetary defense guns both orbital and ground under their purview, as well as short-range non-FTL space-fighters and spaceships. Their two-fold tactics are to discourage and ward off enemy space ships from attacking the planet until larger fleets can arrive to their aid, and if that fails, to engage, occupy, and entangle the invaders in ground combat away from the havens until help arrives, using their disposable droids and drones to break enemy cohesion and inflict high casualties among enemies and droids/drones until counter-strikes by more elite units can be made.

*At the System Wide Defense Level, the goal is to patrol the star system, have a large enough fleet to engage and destroy enemy threats before they can reach an inhabited or as soon as possible, and to facilitate FTL travel between the Enclave systems. System Defense Forces maintain many small and medium space ships, from the Pod Class up to usually the Heavy Cruiser Class, occasionally at the Battlestar Class. They also have elite infantry that drop in pods or travel in shuttles to board enemy vessels or down to a planet's surface to turn the tides of battle, having more advanced and expensive gear and more extensive training. The bulk of a System Fleet is kept as near as possible to all valuable worlds, with patrols being sent out to look for any early warning of trouble. The System Defense Forces also maintain several sensor and defensive weapons emplacements in space and asteroid belts, creating a sensor net that covers most if not all of the star system. They also run routine patrols through their local space-lanes, installing and maintaining sensor and communications buoys along the paths so that others can find their way.

*At the Unified Fleet Level, the goal is to have a reserve of firepower that can be deployed to bolster and reenforce System Fleets and System Defense Forces as needed. This force, under the jurisdiction of the Great United Summit of Havens (or GUSH), have the bulk of the larger dedicated warships, and shuffle these around between the systems as deemed most appropriate. The Unified Defense Forces also have the most elite ground forces and boarding teams the Vimnon have to offer; only the best Vimnon are even considered, and then only after grueling training, and only the best weapons and tech are issued. These are the 'cavalry' other forces hope for in battle, the deciding force that sways things one way or another. Notable among their forces are INFILTRATOR Units that utilize the latest in cloaking technology and deception to sneak behind enemy lines, taking out key enemy equipment, infrastructure, and personnel, as well as DROP Units that are heavily armored and mechanized to be able to charge even the most stubborn positions. This is also the force that would lead any invasion or preemptive strike against enemy home-worlds if that need arose.

Vimnon Ship Scale Classes

*Pod-Class: A Craft <1-9 meters long and/or wide, usually unmanned/drones or escape pods.
*Fighter-Class: A Craft 10-19 meters long, often specialized in the following sub-classes: Bomber, Interceptor, Multi-Role, and Sensors/EW.
*Gunship-Class: A Craft 20-99 meters long, specialized in the same sub-classes as Fighters, but usually with more firepower.
*Corvette-Class: A Craft 100-299 meters long, the smallest craft considered 'self-sufficient' for extended operations.
*Frigate-Class: A Craft 300-499 meters long, the smallest craft size that can practically utilize cloaking tech.
*Cruiser-Class: A Craft 500-999 meters long, reasonably powerful ships useful as task-force leaders.
*Heavy-Cruiser-Class: A Craft 1000-1999 meters long, large ships not likely to be alone without escort on missions.
*Battle-Star-Class: A Craft 2000-2999 meters long, massive ships able to pour impressive fire into enemies, expensive.
*Flagship-Class: A Craft 3000+ meters long, only one or a few for even the largest fleets; an awe-inspiring, devastating, and astronomically expensive ship.

Military Doctrine:
1.) The Vimnon Enclave cannot win a war of attrition with the Humans
2.) Thus, all conflicts that cannot be avoided must be ended quickly and dramatically
3.) All equipment, weapons, and training must emphasize soldier survivability, versatility, and modularity to meet any and all mission requirements

Military Strengths: Good mix of well-trained well-equipped forces, weak forces, and in between forces. A well trained army and navy optimized for defense and limited offensive ops. Rather high technology and industry, though not all of it is geared to warfare, could be brought to bear if a conflict was long or long predicted.

Military Weaknesses: Varying grades of troops depending on which Command Level they are under, either using cheap low cost weapons and gear, very expensive weapons and gear, or putting many VImnon lives in danger, the latter of which is unacceptable in a war of attrition or a numbers game like the humans are likely to play. It is difficult to replace soldiers, and everything is optimized for defense or swift retribution, not large scale offensives. Most of the economic power is not currently focused on war, and it would take some time to change that.

Foreign Policy:

1.) Make friends with neighbors if possible, especially polities who believe alien and human can coexist. "All sentient life is valid and valuable."
2.) Appear strong to discourage attack from xenophobic or hostile neighbors to ward off attack. "Do nothing to provoke, but do not neglect to have something to hit back with."
3.) Negotiate with all surrounding factions at least ambivalent about the right for the Vimnon to exist, and build trust, mutual understanding, and good relations as the years go on. "Even entrenched ignorance and racism can be defeated by repeated positive experiences."
4.) If no other peaceful option exists, play aggressive factions off of one another to 'help them vent off some steam', though this is not a measure the Vimnon are fond of. "Let your enemies weaken themselves at each others expense and you will be stronger than all of them."
5.) If war is unavoidable, the VImnon do not rule out preemptively striking, and they will go hard for the heart of their enemy to end the conflict quickly and avoid a war of attrition. "If you must fight; strike quick, strike hard, strike the head and the body will fall to it's knees."

Quotes from "Muses on the Art of Diplomacy by ancient philosopher Gureet Var-Needji

Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): I imagine a somewhat cautious one with the Achesian Bastion, due to their xenophobia, but generally the Vimnon are not ones to start fights or make trouble.

Additional Information: Biology/Physiology:

Vimnon physiology is somewhat humanoid, though with marked differences. Vimnon skin tone can range from the aqua-blue, almost green hues of the inhabitants of Vimn III's Equatorial Zone to more blue and indigo shades commonly found on most Vimnon from Vimn IV and right on to deep violets and purples from the polar outposts of Vimn V. These colors are a natural camouflage on the home worlds. Tall and slender, thin and agile, not very strong but exceptionally flexible, the Vimnon rely on their dexterity and wit to survive, especially if they find themselves outside of their protective Havens.

- The Waist and Torso are high set and round, like two circles mashed together and somewhat flattened where they meet. Inside are most of the Vimnon vital organs, including a second brain. The brain in the Vimnon head is more specialized in logic and reasoning functions, while the brain in the torso excels at compassion, motor control, and social thinking, each interchanging via a very well protected bundle of nerves running the length of the neck.

- The Limbs consist of four long lanky legs and four long lanky arms (the lankier, the sexier in Vimnon culture), each possessing three fingers and an opposable thumb, from which long retractable claws can spring. These claws can be used as natural tools for cutting and prying, as well as aiding the Vimnon in climbing by digging into the surface of whatever is being climbed. They also make rather effective impromptu weapons in a fight.

- The Neck is long, flexible, and slender (again, slender is sexy), supporting a rather large, spherical Head in proportion to the neck. The neck can rotate 720 degrees comfortably and bend in every direction, allowing the to be very perceptive and alert to their surroundings.

- Four massive cat-like Eyes, arranged in two pairs of two on the upper third of the head, lay deep set into the face. Their eyes have developed several layers of lenses, which Vimnon can semi-consciously control. These lenses developed to allow them to make the most of the scarce light of the twilight days and protect from the harshest rays of the sunlight days , so Vimnon can see very well in both dark and blindingly bright conditions (though in extremely bright light, things begin to look blurry through all the layers of lenses).

- Two bushy, spiny areas above the upper eyes (resembling eyebrows) are actually weak Olfactory Sensors that can detect the composition of whatever is placed on them - but only by direct contact. Otherwise, Vimnon lack smell and taste senses, even in their slight and small mouths, centered in the lower third of their faces and lined with two rows of very small, saw-like teeth. Vimnon lips naturally rest in the curious 'o' position, making them seem eternally surprised or interested in expression. Vimnon lack saliva, and prefer their food in liquid form -- solids can upset their digestive systems.

- Two massive Ears, wide thin and delicate, frame the face. The ears are very delicate, and sudden loud noises that would not affect most creatures could cause a Vimnon to become temporarily deaf (though if the loud noise is expected, the Vimnon's ears naturally cup themselves against the head to block the sound). The ears are almost feathery and can easily be damaged, though they also heal quite quickly.

- Vimnon appear bald, with the exception of a single Plume stemming from the center of their head, which they can whip about. The plume changes color based on mood (though some Vimnon have learned to consciously control it, improving their ability to bluff and con) by means of different pigments concentrating or dispersing as a result of hormones rushing to the plume. There are two elements to the Plume; the core stem and the wispy frills, and each can change color independent of the other -- together, they can combine to form hundreds of combinations of complex emotions, and experts can read almost exactly what a Vimnon is thinking by noting the sublet changes in plume color. The core stem is the most limited in it's color diversity and less able to blend, so a somewhat accurate understanding of what a Vimnon is feeling can be most easily derived from it's color by even a relative novice. Though this is a general rule, usually:

*An Angry Vimnon will have a Red-Pink Core Stem,
*A Disgusted Vimnon will have an Maroon-Orange Core Stem,
*A Fearful Vimnon will have a Violet-Purple Core Stem (camouflage),
*A Happy Vimnon will have a Yellow Core Stem,
*A Sad Vimnon will have a Blue Core Stem,
*A Surprised Vimnon will have a Green Core Stem

The wispy frills tend to follow the same pattern, but different shades reflect more nuanced and specific emotions such as a pale bluish yellow for a tired but fulfilled Vimnon or a vibrant gold with hints of green for a Vimnon anticipating something very exciting.

The plume is the single most important appendage for the Vimnon socially; the strength, length, and vigor of the plume are believed to reflect those attributes in the person. Plumes are vital in most every Vimnon custom, from barter and trade to attracting mates to displaying power in political arenas.

The worst sentence Vimnon Courts can pass is the forced amputation of the Plume, which indicates ostracization from society and degradation to the lowest rungs of public life. In ancient times before the unification, and among the unincorporated tribes even today, warriors from rival Havens would be honored, not for lives taken, but for plumes taken in battle, and in modern times, those who lose their plumes in accidents or (if they have enough money and can bribe a doctor) through punishment can receive prosthetic plumes, which are incredibly expensive for anything even closely resembling realism.

- The Skin is largely smooth and taught, hard and more of an exoskeleton than a stretchy fabric (though Vimnon have internal bone structures as well). Upon close inspection, the skin can be seen to have small blueish-green nodes or holes (depending on the sub-species) at regular intervals of between 3 and 5 cm. These are pores that double as weak sensory organs; some detect atmospheric pressure, some vibrations, some temperature, some velocity, some magnetic fields, some balance, and some humidity. Alone, these sensors are essentially too weak to be of any use, but because they cover the body, their combined connection with other like-nodes can give the Vimnon a good idea of their surroundings. These nodes also act as ports for waste to be removed and air and water to be taken in (meds and poisons can be to be introduced through them as well).

- Vimnon Reproductive Organs consist of special nodes on the top of their lower torsal-sphere. Mating consists of the male nodes spraying sperm onto the female ovarian nodes, whereafter the female lays her eggs (usually between 8 and 12) in a safe place. Each female may only lay a few 'batches' in her life, and the mortality rate is high among the eggs. Even in ideal circumstances, only about half of the eggs hatch healthy offspring. The gestation period from laying to hatching is 21 days, which means a Vimnon conceived on a twilight day would be hatched on a sunlight day, and vice versa, and there is all manner of of lore and superstition surrounding whether one is a 'light-child' or a 'twilight-child', though many Vimnon do not place much stock such things.

I suck at art, but;

NS Activity?: I can read and make OOC posts as often as a few times a day if this gets moving, 1-2 solid IC posts a week on average.

- Dark Fantasy Achesia is the OP
- Railway Dispute (Vapour) My first NS RP
- Sri-AMEN War I am not involved till the last few pages

I would be okay filling either a Subjugated or Other Alien Factions slot (any of the slots 9-14)

"I am realistic"

"I am techno-saavy"

"I am cool"

"This is my App, there are many like it but this one is mine"
Last edited by Inoroth on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Everyone needs to make sure they read ALL the Rules and Tech guidelines before I can accept anyone...

Federal Republic of Free States
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Free States » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:34 pm

If approved, I will treat “Shattered Stars” as SEPARATE from my FT nation. While I may cross over people, places, technology and the like as I am building my FT nation as we speak. My regular nation RPs and this group RP will be separate from one another. I will use some things that come up in this RP group as canon in my regular FT nation as I see fit.

Taking one of the Splinter Factions for the Human side

Nation Name: Federal Republic of Free States “The Republic”

Government Type: Federal Republic

Government Description: Federal Government Oversees Individual Republics. Republics are free to vote on regional laws, however Federal Laws trump the Republics in certain areas. Foreign Policy is the sole responsibility of the Federal Government as well. [US Federal and State Relationship, for a Modern example, and yes it does come with the issues of State vs. Federal Rights as well.]

National Leader(s): President, Malik Juilli. Vice-President: Ki Saum. Senate Leader: Nissar Guldum

(Will add more as I think of them)

Nation Capital: Capital System: Anul
Capital Planet: Axul
Capital City: Jigard

Nation Age: Youngish compared to the age of the Outeria system and it’s storied history.

Nation History: Some of the last systems colonized by the Old Empire, at the periphery of the Outeria system, these systems for the most part didn’t even recognize the fall of the Empire until it had already passed. Individual Systems were left to fend for themselves especially those far from the Core; it could be harrowing to say the least. Slavers, Pirates, Raiders would pass through these systems in the interim between the fall of the Empire and the rise of the Republic. Those years between were certainly the darkest for this section of Outeria.

The Republic began in the system of Anul, where representative government took over for the harsh rule of the Empire. Newfound political freedoms brought economic success to the planet, which was unseen during the days of the Empire. This economic success fueled an expansionist boom throughout the Axul system. Near by systems in similar conditions after the fall of the Empire begun to hear word of “The Republic” and their rumored success. Envoys sent from The Republic into periphery systems brought favorable views of the Republic and an interesting find as well. The human centric religion that grew within the system of Axul had in some ways or another sprouted up within these systems as well.

With a favorable view of The Republic in these systems as well as a commonish religion existing, the Free State Republic was able to find itself an easy expansion into the surrounding systems without much Military effort. Of course there were pockets of resistance, but as long as the economic success followed most individuals were pleased with the transition. The free trade, political freedom, personal freedom that came with The Republic was also a big hit with population centers that saw heavy crackdowns during the Empire’s reign. At the current year, the State of The Republic is good; they are consolidating their power in all systems as well as engaging in large mining operations that are hoped to bring another economic boom to the region.

Population: 90 Billion

Map Claim: Well the map is not graphed, so I’ll try my best. Green/Blue area South of the Achesian Intercosmic Bastion going to the southern and eastern edges of the area map, extending West running along the AIB claim but not passing a line extended from Shrauor-Nik and North to Iarlaylari. Basically creating the southern border to that Star-State. [Capital System should be placed in the “center” of the claim.]

Number of Systems: 9 [6 Sparsely Populated, 3 Heavily Populated]

Capital System: Anul [6 planets, 4 terrestrial, 2 gas, 3 asteroid belts] (2 planets habitable) <20 Billion>

Colony System: Diax [8 planets, 5 terrestrial, 3 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (2 planets habitable) <16 Billion>

Colony System: Kilmer [4 planets, 1 terrestrial, 3 gas, 1 asteroid belt] (0 planets habitable) <2 Billion>

Colony System: Uter [7 planets, 3 terrestrial, 4 gas, 3 asteroid belts] (2 planets habitable) <17 Billion>

Colony System: Pelsty [7 planets, 3 terrestrial, 4 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<8 Billion>

Colony System: Qxuali [5 planets, 1 terrestrial 4 gas, 3 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<9 Billion>

Colony System: Milta [8 planets, 4 terrestrial, 4 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<8 Billion>

Colony System: Lopan [4 planets, 0 terrestrial, 4 gas, 1 asteroid belt] (0 planets habitable)
<1 Billion>

Colony System: Xilar [5 planets, 3 terrestrial, 2 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<9 Billion>

Cultural Information: A medley of Earth based cultures mashed into one. The Republic does not have a unified culture per se, as individual Planets, and even certain regions of planets have grown their own culture specific identities. Those who hold on dear to them celebrate these identities, however the individual identities do clash here and there in areas of religion and social policies. Which can bring up protests against one another in public spaces and even arguments/fights in local assemblies or even the Federal Legislature.

Society Information: Family is the most important social construct within the Republic. Some families can trace their linage all they way back to the founding of the colonies. Next to family is Public Service, while that does not mean Military Service exclusively it does mean those within the Republic view acting on the greater good for society in some ways trumps personal achievements (and in a lot a ways public service can become a personal achievement, and even lead to sanctification).

Humanity is seen by the humans in this area of the sector as almost divine, a living representation of the Gods of Old. This development arose within each of these systems independently from one another, and was a main driving force in unification of these systems.

Language(s): Human Languages [Mixed and Mashed for true FT purposes]

Notable Locations: Capital City Jigard: Federal Legislature, Capitol Building, Temple of Man [under construction].

(Notable Locations to be EXPANDED upon later I as come up with them)

Notable Works: Said to be explained later?

Economic Information: The economy of The Republic is as varied as its people, however it is a mixed economy. There are some Government controlled corporations in the sectors of Transport, Energy, Agriculture, Information, Loaning, Import/Export, Science, R&D and Legal. Most Corporations and Proprietors are private owned and operated and compete with Government Controlled corporations in their respective sectors.

Economy Type: Industrial, with a burgeoning Information sector, and a sustaining Agricultural sector.

Economic Strengths: High Population available for employment, Military-Industrial relations are strong, High regulation in the Private sector by Government Agencies keep Companies honest to a point.

Economic Weaknesses: Low Infrastructure, Small Financial Sector, Small Investment Opportunities, High Income gap between the richest and poorest, which creates tensions throughout the Republic. Debt and inflation, has started to become a problem due to the rapid expansion into other systems.

Major Industries: Orbital Mining, Terrestrial Mining, Gas Lifting [Absorption of heavy gases from Gas Giants], Arms Manufacturing, Aircraft/Vehicle/Starship Manufacturing, Logging, Retail, Manufacturing, Information, Construction, Maintenance, Utilities, Transportation, Agriculture.

Exports: Heavy Minerals, Heavy Water, Heavy Gases, Agricultural products, Arms, Vehicles, Consumer Goods.

Imports: Exotic Materials, Consumer Goods.

Military Information: Federal Forces: Spatial Navy, Marine Forces, Blue Navy
Regional Forces: Spatial Navy, Militia Forces, Blue Navy

Military Doctrine: The Military of The Republic contains a Federal Unified Force and Regional Militias. The Federal Forces provide a Force Projection for The Republic, as well a Defense Force. Regional Militia Forces provide in depth defensive forces as well patrolling forces.

Federal Forces

Spatial Navy: Space Control, Orbital Control, Deterrence, Nuclear Delivery, Transport “Star Lifting”/”Star Basing”, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Orbital Bombardment, Orbital Defense, Forward Force Deployment, Planetary Invasions, Power Projection, Interdiction, Patrolling.

Marine Forces: Direct Action, Embassy Security, Boarding Actions, Defense of Vessels, Mainline Troops, Defense Actions, Offensive Actions, Forward Power Projection, close with and engage and route Enemy Forces.

Blue Navy: Sea/Ocean Control, Deterrence, Nuclear Delivery, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Coastal Bombardment, Coastal Defense, Forward Force Deployment, Power Projection, Interdiction, Patrol, Transport “Sea Lifting”/”Sea Basing”.

Special Forces: Several Organizations combine to provide High Command “Special Forces”.

Force Recon Shock Troops (Marine Special Forces) [FRST]: Deep Reconnaissance, Direct Action, Support of Combined Arms, Battle Damage Assessment, Guidance Operations, Sensor Operations, In-Extremis Hostage Rescue, Seizure Operations, Counter-Terrorism, Combat Search/Rescue, Manhunts, Humanitarian Assistance, Raids, Infiltration, Exfil Operations, Recovery Operations, Intervention, Sabotage, Training Operations.

Special Activities Detachment (Department of Intelligence) [SAD]: HUMINT, SIGINT, Preparation Operations, Intelligence Operations, Prowler Ops, Path finding, Psychological Operations, Influence Operations, Locate Civilian Assets, Non Combat Evacuations, Direct Actions, Combined Arms Support, Signal Operations, Economic Operations, Cyber Warfare, Paramilitary Operations, Raids, Ambushes, Sabotage, Assassinations, Training Operations, Propaganda Operations.

KNIGHT Troops (Special Warfare/Under Command of High Command Directly]: Direct Action, Combined Arms Support, High-Risk Operations, Counter Insurgency, Assassinations, Raids, Infiltration, Exfil Operations, Guidance Operations, Recovery Operations, Seizure Operations.

Regional Forces

Spatial Regional Navy: Space Control within a Region, Orbital Control within a Region, Deterrence, Transport “Star Lifting”/”Star Basing”, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Orbital Bombardment, Interdiction within a Region, Patrolling within a Region.

Militia Forces: Direct Action, Boarding Actions, Defense of Vessels, Mainline Troops, Defensive Actions, Offensive Actions, close with and engage and route Enemy Forces.

Blue Regional Navy: Sea/Ocean Control, Deterrence, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Coastal Bombardment, Coastal Defense, Forward Force Deployment, Power Projection, Interdiction, Patrol, Transport “Sea Lifting”/”Sea Basing”.

Military Strengths: Speed, Maneuverability, Adaptability, and Modulability.

Military Weaknesses: No shielding technology, only kinetic/ballistic/missile based weaponry both terrestrially and spatially. Federal and Regional Split of Force Structure, while it does allow for each Region to provide for it’s own defense, it has led to a power struggle with regional militia forces and federal military forces.

Foreign Policy: Xenophobic towards alien species, Wants to be seen as a uniter of Humanity. That being said, is willing to work with Alien Species through back channels or intermediates (non-state sanctioned) to achieve certain goals.

Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): None at the moment, hoping to change that.

Additional Information: I’m a very easy guy to get along with. I’m here to have some fun and create a great story. I’m easy to collaborate with and just want to create something memorable.

NS Activity?: Heavy to Moderate, once a day at least.

Three Examples of Previous RPs: I only have one at the moment and I’m waiting for the other individual to become active in it, I used to be active in the Jolt forums a bit. But here is my into RP: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=353212

I am realistic

I am techno-savvy
Last edited by Federal Republic of Free States on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yanitza
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yanitza » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Placeholder for me to get cracking on an app

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:28 pm

I'd like to reserve this post for my application. If possible I'd like to claim slot 14.

Nation Name: Aesis Syndicate
Government Type: Crime Syndicate, Confederacy
Government Description:
  • The Aesis Syndicate is an alliance of criminal underworld elements seeking to establish an orderly environment in which the criminal organizations that inhabit Outerian space are allowed to engage in various profitable enterprises including, but not limited to, piracy, racketeering, extortion, arms trafficking, loansharking, usury, gambling, espionage, assassination, and bounty hunting. The Syndicate, while made up of two dozen criminal organizations, is led by a council made up of the leaders of the six most powerful criminal organizations in this region of space. Known as the Council of Six, the council is the final arbiter of all disputes between member organizations. By and large,though, the Council cannot intervene in intra-member or inter-member disputes unless invited in by both parties or if the Council votes in the majority for intervention. The Council is led by a Chairman who is voted upon every five years by the leaders of the member organizations.
National Leaders (Council of Six):
  • Exis Chattza (Chattza's Raiders); Chairwoman
  • Tarsi Nevak (Erihan Cooperative)
  • Na'sara (Outriders)
  • Jallo Vikar (Feevo Cartel)
  • Jenssi Madak (Phantom Shadow)
  • Sliss (Qoesk)
Nation Capital: Hiza, Vaiju System
Nation Age: The Syndicate was founded approximately 39 years after the end of the Nix Wars and the breakup of the Empire.
Nation History:
  • During the age of the Empire, the dozens of criminal organizations that lurked in the shadows were being run out of business by Imperial security forces and the Imperial navy. Pirates were regularly ambushed and routed, thugs were jailed at record rates, and the bounty hunting industry was at an all time low. It was a desperate time for crime and the major crime families and organization that had thrived under the surface had been destroyed, jailed, and even executed. It was a dark time.

When the Nix invaded, tore through the Empire, and fled back to their native piece of space many systems and planets were left in the cold as the Empire withdrew to its core worlds and focused on reconstruction. Many of the abandoned systems, suddenly finding themselves responsible for fending off small-time pirate raiders, quickly began building up their militaries in an effort to ward off outsiders and violators of the law. Some of the abandoned systems, though, had neither the money or resources to build up large defensive fleets. Instead they began offering large sums of money to anyone willing to protect them from pirates and raiders.

One man who got involved in this new protection racket was Jase Colley. Once a minor figure in charge of operations on the backwater world of Hiza for the now-defunct Ch'Helly Mafia, Colley, over the course of a decade, quietly gathered up and repaired over two dozen abandoned and derelict Imperial warships that had been left in empty drydocks or just left to float in space. Using old contacts he had from his Mafia days, Colley joined in on the new "protection" industry. Successes quickly piled up for the man and, before long, his reputation for being fast, efficient and fair spread across Outerian space. Of course, Colley wasn't soft on those who violated their contracts. One incident exemplifying Colley's reverance of a signed contract took place on the world of Ajidu. After destroying a nearby pirate base at the request of the planet's king, the king refused to pay Colley. Enraged, the ex-mafioso kidnapped the king, bombed the world's capital city into oblivion, and then set the king adrift in an escape pod headed towards the empty void of space.

As Jase Colley was building up his protection empire, the other founding member of the Syndicate, an alien woman who went by the name Z'Furli H'Zedi was also building up her own criminal empire. H'Zedi, significantly younger than Colley, had grown up as an orphan on the small backwater world of Bacia. Originally tossed away by her parents, H'Zedi had to learn the hard way that the streets was no place for an orphan child. As she matured, H'Zedi formed a gang of similarly-aged kids who terrorized the slums of Bacia's capital city. From theft to assault to robbery, H'Zedi crossed paths with the law numerous times in the first fifteen years of her life. At sixteen, H'Zedi got her chance to get off of Bacia when a priest named Rister Bennels chose her to be the newest member of his growing "covenant". Initially happy to get off her hellish homeworld, H'Zedi quickly learned that Bennels was running a criminal empire through his covenant. Growing used to life under Bennels, H'Zedi quickly rose through the ranks and became his second-in-command.

The day when Jace Colley and Z'Furli H'Zedi crossed paths occurred during a routine mission for Colley. While escorting a supply convoy filled with food and medical supplies, Colley suddenly found himself under attack by forces of Bennel's covenant. After a brutal battle Bennel's forces were routed, Bennel was killed, and H'Zedi was captured. Colley, the enterprising man that he was, decided not to kill H'Zedi. Instead, he invited the young alien girl to join his organization. H'Zedi declined the invitation, but pledged to not get in the way of Colley as she rounded up the remnant forces of the covenant. Years would pass before Colley and H'Zedi would meet again.

When H'Zedi and Colley met again, Colley had built up a criminal empire that had expanded from his original protection racket to one that engaged in all forms of criminality. H'Zedi, on the other hand, had built an organization that specialized in bounty hunting and contract killings. Seeing the opportunities available by allying with H'Zedi's organization, Colley proposed an alliance between the two. H'Zedi, also seeing the opportunities available with having access to Colley's vast empire and his numerous contacts, agreed to Colley's proposal and the two formed the Outerian Criminal Alliance.

It wouldn't be until decades later that Colley and H'Zedi's descendants, Kathra Colley and J'Uler H'Zedi, and a dozen other criminal organizations that had joined the Alliance would strengthen the organization into the present-day Aesis Syndicate.
Population: Unknown
Map Claim:
Number of Systems: The Syndicate directly controls only eleven star systems, but its influence is far-flung and deeply embedded in Outeria.

Cultural Information:
  • While most of our member organizations are majority human, a number of them are dominated by aliens. While the leaders of our member organizations tend to get along no matter what species they are, fights between lower-level members of different species have been known to occur. By and large, though, the Syndicate welcomes diversity since diversity significantly increases our profit margins and fosters close business relationships with the major powers of Outeria.

Society Information:
  • While the motivations and ideologies of our members are wide and varied, one aspect that is almost universally admired is that of freedom. Yes, the Syndicate values the freedom to do what one wants however one wants very highly. That is why you will not find the Syndicate intervening in disputes unless called in by the dispute parties or if the dispute gets too out of hand.
Language(s): The working language of the Syndicate is Basic.
Notable Locations:
  • K'hani Station - Located near the center of Outeria, K'hani Station is a hub of trade, gambling, and information that is the only property totally owned and operated by the Syndicate. On K'hani Station almost anything goes. From racing to casinos to bars to corporate offices to gambling, almost any economic activity can be found to be operating on K'hani Station.

Economic Information:
  • The Syndicate's economy incorporates everything from small-time piracy to large-scale corporations. For the most part, though, the Syndicate is prohibited from intervening in the actions of its member organization except for reasons elaborated on later. With the exception of a small tax on the profits of all member organizations that goes to the maintenance of the Syndicate's General Naval Force, the Syndicate economy is free of all rules and regulations. Member organizations are free to do whatever they want however they want so long as the Syndicate is not directly damaged in the process.
Economy Type: Laissez-faire
Economic Strengths:
  • Due to the nature of the Syndicate as an alliance of criminal organizations, the places it receives its cash flow from are practically limitless. From low-level thuggery to high-level espionage and assassination the cash flow of the Syndicate is hard to significantly disrupt. With the fall of the Empire and the establishment of this age of warring states, the opportunities are plentiful, the rewards are high, and the risk of massive retaliation is relatively low.
Economic Weaknesses:
  • Due to the nature of the Syndicate as an alliance of criminal organizations, there isn't a very large industrial base from which it can draw resources and people from. As such most of the member organizations, with the exception of the Erihan Cooperative and Feevo Cartel, are dependent on actions like piracy, blackmail, kidnapping, and trafficking as a source of income.
Major Industries:
  • Piracy
  • Racketeering
  • Espionage
  • Bounty Hunting/Assassinations
  • Loansharking
  • Gambling
  • Trafficking (Arms and Sentient Beings)
  • Extortion
  • Blackmail
  • Sabotage
  • Usury
  • Kidnapping
  • Hijacking
  • Shipbuilding
Exports: Information, Money, Arms, Sentient beings, Blackmail, Small Warships
Imports: Money, Stolen Goods, Sentient beings, Consumer Goods

Military Information:
  • Compared to most navies, the Syndicate navy is small. This is due to the fact that the Syndicate does not engage in aggressive territorial expansion. Instead its navy is designed to protect the Syndicate from rival criminal organizations and to punish member organizations who violate the Code or their contracts.
Military Doctrine:
  • The Syndicate's primary military doctrine relies heavily on deception and hit-and-run attacks. Since most of our ships are not designed to engage in slugfests, you'll usually find the Syndicate military engaging in sabotage before any major military operation is set to begin.
Military Strengths:
  • The modular nature of most Syndicate warships means that they can be easily repaired and upgraded at low prices. It also means that Syndicate warships are generally bristling with weaponry that may or may not be illegal in some systems. While it often leads to ugly-looking ships, it means that they can pack a bigger punch than you might think at first glance. Another added bonus to modularity is that Syndicate warships are often equipped with technologies that the original design never intended to incorporate.
  • Since the Syndicate navy isn't a regular military force and relies heavily on hit-and-run attacks, you'll usually find that Syndicate warships have extra powerful engines and can usually outrun almost all ships of a similar class or type.
Military Weaknesses:
  • Due to the fact that only the Erihan Cooperative has the facilities capable of constructing real warships of any significant power, most of the ships utilized for military-esque actions by our member organizations are small in number and size. For most of our member organizations the largest ships they usually would be classed as escort cruisers with the average type of warship being a corvette or destroyer. That said, many of our members have a flagship that are every bit as powerful as heavy cruisers and even battleships.
  • The lack of ship manufacturing facilities also means that most of our member organizations have to work with modular warships since replacement of damaged or destroyed parts is much easier than with single-purpose warships. While advantageous in some ways, modular warships are plagued with being jacks-of-all-trades. Meaning that most of the warships employed by our members do not specialize in specific roles unless they were originally hijacked from a foreign navy.
  • The disparate nature of the Syndicate also means that getting our members to coordinate is more difficult than it is for an actual state.
Foreign Policy:
  • In order to fill its coffers and positively benefit its member organizations, the Syndicate offers the use of its various member organizations to any power willing to offer proper compensation. If a power wishes to use one of our members in order to achieve some type of goal, the Syndicate, as a whole, can not be held responsible for any failures that occur. Similarly, should a contractee raise the ire of one of our members, the Syndicate as a whole can not be held responsible for any death or destruction that may occur. Contracts made between a power and one of our member organizations are binding only for those two. However, should proper compensation be given, the Syndicate guarantees the buyer anonymity and silence. Plausible deniability is the name of the game.
  • It is not uncommon for two rival powers to employ one, or more, of our member organizations. Should they come into conflict they will do their damndest to accomplish whatever missions they've been given. Even if violence is required in order to complete said missions.
  • Violating a contract is strictly taboo. Should a member organization who's had their contract violated seek recompense from the Council a vote will be held. If a majority votes in favor, the Syndicate will exact revenge on the violator. If a majority is not reached and the violated member still tries to exact some form of revenge on the violator, the Syndicate can not be held responsible. However, if one of our member's violates a contract that they previously agreed to, recompense can be sought by the violated party. If a punishment is demanded, the Syndicate will comply with the wishes of the violated party up until a death sentence.
Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): I currently have no relationships with other participants.

Additional Information: N/A
NS Activity?: I can easily type up two to three IC posts per week.
Three Examples of Previous RPs: This will be my first RP on this site if my application is accepted. I have RP'd on other sites, though. Specifically Roleplayer Guild before the site crashed and Iwaku.

"I am realistic."
"I am techno-savvy."
Last edited by Eol Sha on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:28 am, edited 19 times in total.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Human Splinter
This is more a reservation than a WIP
Nation Name: Buchaillan Star Federation
Government Type: Republic(Mix Roman Republic with US in the 1800's)
Government Description:
National Leader(s): President Al-Singh, Delegate Kieran
Nation Capital: Dar Al-Eire
Nation Age: 500 Standard Years maybe?
Nation History:
Population: 162 Billion
Map Claim:
Number of Systems: 9 Inhabited, 22 Exploratory or Protectorate Systems, several dozen claimed(I'd like to scale up cause the Galaxy is big)

Cultural Information:
Society Information:
Language(s): Yesil-Dili
Notable Locations:

Economic Information:
Economy Type: Classical Liberal Free Market Economy
Economic Strengths:
Economic Weaknesses:
Major Industries:
Exports:
Imports:

Military Information:
Military Doctrine:
Military Strengths:
Military Weaknesses:
Foreign Policy:

I AM REALISTIC AND TECH SAVVY AND ALSO GENERALLY ACTIVE.
Additional Information:
NS Activity?: OOC: Daily, IC: Weekly
Three Examples of Previous RPs:Vapor, FE, FTB, 1202
I'm really tired

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Nation Name: Remnants of Exilvania
Government Type: Fascist Military Dictatorship
Government Description: It was once nothing but a poor colony from Humans being exiled because of their beliefs. Over the time it developed a strong Military to not get conquered by the Old Empire
National Leader(s): Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler
Nation Capital: Schreckensburg
Nation Age: Refounded directly after the Nixian-Human War.
Nation History: In the beginning of the Empire, there were certain groups with different ideals and beliefs. When those groups turned to violence the Old Empire acted quickly and imprisoned most of those troublemakers. With the colonization of the stars, the Old Empire just deported those troublemakers and terrorist to the very boundaries of their galaxy, where they left them with almost nothing. However, the Exiled survived and made a small Empire of their own. They built up a strong military force to never again succumb to the Old Empire and to never be imprisoned again. In the long War between the Nix and the Old Empire, Exilvania, the so called Nation of the Exiled, wanted to remain neutral but was soon attacked by the Nix, who managed to utterly destroy most of it`s forces and take most of their planets. There the strong xenophobia of the Exilvanians originates. At the end of the War, the remaining Exilvanian Forces insued in A Civil War that would take untill the very end of the Nixian-Human War and end with the refounding of the Remnants of Exilvania.
Population: 80.234.543.358
Map Claim: North Eastern Border of the map
Number of Systems: 5 Systems. Most of them taken by conquest. Still expanding through conquest.

Cultural Information: Humans. T>hey had been outside the borders of the Old Empire and so, to withstand an invasion to become part of the empire, they become a Dictatorship specialized on the military. They are also highly xenophobic.
Society Information: Most women work in the Consumer Goods Industry. The men either serve in the military or work in Governmental Organizations were they could be usefull for the military (Public Transportation, etc...) untill they`re 50. After that they either stay as high ranking officers in the military or the Government.
Language(s): Exilvanian (German)
Notable Locations: Mining Planet Wallberg; Main Fleet Base at Planet Ordninger; The Alien Concentration Camps on Planet Abfall

Economic Information: Most of the Exilvanian Economy consists of Military manufacturing Complexes. However those have to get ressources to manufacture, thus making the mining complex the greatest in Exilvania. Also the Military Manufacturing is completely automated.
Economy Type: All large corporations belong to the government and everything having anything to do with the military does also belong to them. Smaller businesses for clothing and stuff but also the Agricultural Industry are completely private owned.
Economic Strengths: Strong Ammunitions Manufacturing.
Economic Weaknesses: Underdeveloped Sector for Consumer Goods.
Major Industries: Ammunition Industry, Weapon Industry and Vehicle Industry. The biggest is the Mining Industry.
Exports: They don`t really export because they are forbidden by the government to trade and possibly strenghten a future enemy.
Imports: None because they don`t want to strenghten future enemies with their money.

Military Information: Rather Underdeveloped. No Lasers or Plasma. No Ion Weapons and also no intelligent enough AI to serve on the battlefield.
Military Doctrine: Fast Attack to crush enemy resistance and spread fear and terror. Ground Invasions only begin after extensive bombings. Used in terroristic Warfare if getting behind the enemy lines.
Military Strengths: Large, well armoured Capital Ships and extensive amounts of Infantry.
Military Weaknesses: Weapons are out of Date.
Foreign Policy: Trying to establish a secret intelligence network. If the Planet/Nation doesn`t have any strong allies attack orders are issued immediately.
Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): The Remnants of Exilvania have yet to establish diplomatic connections with other nations.

Additional Information: ?
NS Activity?: Very high.
Three Examples of Previous RPs:http: //forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=351263&sid=bb24df710a4498efc5636ad32c279ea7
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=352540
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=351218
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=352899

I`d like to be in slot 13 if I get accepted.

EDIT: Edited my popullation number. It just felt way too much.

Please un bold the actual information text, its hard to read with it all bold.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Bulgislavia wrote:
Nation Name: Radu Star Republic
Government Type: Authoritarian Republic (One man dictatorship)
Government Description: It was once a democratic system of world government with a system parliament called the Mass Convocation. With the election of Rit Malnos to the position of Supreme Paramount of the Radu System, the convocation chamber was packed with members of the Absolutist Faction. Since his election the Mass Convocation is largely a consultative advisory body that only meet's when Rit Malnos call's for an emergency session. Otherwise all executive powers have been invested in Rit Malnos where the Mass Convocation voted that he rule by decree.
National Leader(s): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bul ... /id=279238
Nation Capital: Capital System: RADU, System Capital: Planet Bulslov, Capital City: Tirest
Nation Age: 3,015 years old civilization in the Radu System + an extra 800-900 years traveling in a multi-generational colony ship through space from the unnamed ancient home world to the current home in the Radu System.
Nation History: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bul ... /id=480793 (See timeline at bottom of factbook page)
Population: between 5 billion to 5.1 billion.

I think this part of the App conflicts with the 'rules' of the OP, but I'm using my established ft nation. But still open and keen to RP outside main story thread.
Map Claim: We do not claim any space in the Outeria region of space, all of our claims are confined to the Avitus Nebula. The reason for this is because I've already started establishing an FT nation and am using that for all my FT rp's but would still like for the opportunity to RP with this group.
Number of Systems: So far only one system, but are beginning to explore another 4 in the Avitus Nebula

Cultural Information: Descendant of Humans, with similar culture. Authoritarian political culture with documented period of revolution, democracy, society closing down into dictatorship and then revolution ---cycle starts again --
Society Information: With Bulslovian civilization set on expanding out of the Radu System and with more contact with ET civilizations, there is a tech boom. Most people have personal holocomms much like humans on 21st century Earth would have a personal cell phone.
Language(s): Bulslovian
Notable Locations: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bul ... /id=480793

Economic Information: Mining has becoming the largest industry in the Radu System, however there is quite a dependence on cheap clone labour. Due to new policies from the Cloners Union, the economy is to start transitioning away from clones and into automated droids
Economy Type: Large corporations run by wealthy elites also exists next to an authoritarian state which regularly intervenes in the economy. But there are elements of free markets in the Radu System.
Economic Strengths: resources in the home system are not exhausted or stressed allowing further room for growth
Economic Weaknesses: Technologically backwards compared to many FT Civ's, Confined to one star system, Widening inequality causing friction and unrest among supporters of the jailed political opposition. Quite centralized and oligarchic decision making practices.
Major Industries: Asteroid and moon mining, colony and settlement expansion, cloning
Exports: Have yet to establish trade export treaties with other FT civ's
Imports: have yet to establish trade import treaties with other FT civ's

Military Information: underdeveloped and technologically backwards, however receiving help and assistance from Zarthinan Empire and Confederation of Allied Planets for new ships and protection.
Military Doctrine: Smaller more maneuverable ships drawing enemy near orbital defense installations. Ground warfare as well as guerrilla warfare utilized if needed.
Military Strengths: Protection and good relations with larger more powerful civilizations.
Military Weaknesses: Technologically backwards
Foreign Policy: Peace with all
Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): Radu Star Republic has yet to officially establish diplomatic relations with other star nations in this region of space. So like Achesia said in OOC interest thread, more of a supplementary member than fully fledged.

Additional Information: While not anchoring my civ in this region as I've already established it somewhere else, I am keen to have some sort of association or involvement with this RP group, even if its Radu System explorer's entering or something?
NS Activity?: Pretty active
Three Examples of Previous RPs: The New State 2015 - (MT RP). Forgotten Eon Dark fantasy (FanT RP), Consolidation + Expansion FT RP

ps. I guess I can't apply for full membership, as my civ is not based in this RP group so would probably not be involved in the main story line/thread but maybe some kind of observer status where I'm be open and keen to have RP contact with this region of space and it's civ's

I am Realistic

If your not going to be located here you don't need to apply.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Achesia, what is the system/pop limit/guide?
I'm really tired

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:13 pm

Wow FR of Free States -- congrats on having the first completed app! I think, based on what you described, we might be neighbors (and maybe even have some overlap on claims.... My may is in a half-finished app on my computers, and I cannot access it to finish it right now).

I am impressed by how much effort you put into it :)
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Federal Republic of Free States wrote:If approved, I will treat “Shattered Stars” as SEPARATE from my FT nation. While I may cross over people, places, technology and the like as I am building my FT nation as we speak. My regular nation RPs and this group RP will be separate from one another. I will use some things that come up in this RP group as canon in my regular FT nation as I see fit.

Taking one of the Splinter Factions for the Human side

Nation Name: Federal Republic of Free States “The Republic”

Government Type: Federal Republic

Government Description: Federal Government Oversees Individual Republics. Republics are free to vote on regional laws, however Federal Laws trump the Republics in certain areas. Foreign Policy is the sole responsibility of the Federal Government as well. [US Federal and State Relationship, for a Modern example, and yes it does come with the issues of State vs. Federal Rights as well.]

National Leader(s): President, Malik Juilli. Vice-President: Ki Saum. Senate Leader: Nissar Guldum

(Will add more as I think of them)

Nation Capital: Capital System: Anul
Capital Planet: Axul
Capital City: Jigard

Nation Age: Youngish compared to the age of the Outeria system and it’s storied history.

Nation History: Some of the last systems colonized by the Old Empire, at the periphery of the Outeria system, these systems for the most part didn’t even recognize the fall of the Empire until it had already passed. Individual Systems were left to fend for themselves especially those far from the Core; it could be harrowing to say the least. Slavers, Pirates, Raiders would pass through these systems in the interim between the fall of the Empire and the rise of the Republic. Those years between were certainly the darkest for this section of Outeria.

The Republic began in the system of Anul, where representative government took over for the harsh rule of the Empire. Newfound political freedoms brought economic success to the planet, which was unseen during the days of the Empire. This economic success fueled an expansionist boom throughout the Axul system. Near by systems in similar conditions after the fall of the Empire begun to hear word of “The Republic” and their rumored success. Envoys sent from The Republic into periphery systems brought favorable views of the Republic and an interesting find as well. The human centric religion that grew within the system of Axul had in some ways or another sprouted up within these systems as well.

With a favorable view of The Republic in these systems as well as a commonish religion existing, the Free State Republic was able to find itself an easy expansion into the surrounding systems without much Military effort. Of course there were pockets of resistance, but as long as the economic success followed most individuals were pleased with the transition. The free trade, political freedom, personal freedom that came with The Republic was also a big hit with population centers that saw heavy crackdowns during the Empire’s reign. At the current year, the State of The Republic is good; they are consolidating their power in all systems as well as engaging in large mining operations that are hoped to bring another economic boom to the region.

Population: 90 Billion

Map Claim: Well the map is not graphed, so I’ll try my best. Green/Blue area South of the Achesian Intercosmic Bastion going to the southern and eastern edges of the area map, extending West running along the AIB claim but not passing a line extended from Shrauor-Nik and North to Iarlaylari. Basically creating the southern border to that Star-State. [Capital System should be placed in the “center” of the claim.]

Number of Systems: 9 [6 Sparsely Populated, 3 Heavily Populated]

Capital System: Anul [6 planets, 4 terrestrial, 2 gas, 3 asteroid belts] (2 planets habitable) <20 Billion>

Colony System: Diax [8 planets, 5 terrestrial, 3 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (2 planets habitable) <16 Billion>

Colony System: Kilmer [4 planets, 1 terrestrial, 3 gas, 1 asteroid belt] (0 planets habitable) <2 Billion>

Colony System: Uter [7 planets, 3 terrestrial, 4 gas, 3 asteroid belts] (2 planets habitable) <17 Billion>

Colony System: Pelsty [7 planets, 3 terrestrial, 4 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<8 Billion>

Colony System: Qxuali [5 planets, 1 terrestrial 4 gas, 3 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<9 Billion>

Colony System: Milta [8 planets, 4 terrestrial, 4 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<8 Billion>

Colony System: Lopan [4 planets, 0 terrestrial, 4 gas, 1 asteroid belt] (0 planets habitable)
<1 Billion>

Colony System: Xilar [5 planets, 3 terrestrial, 2 gas, 2 asteroid belts] (1 planet habitable)
<9 Billion>

Cultural Information: A medley of Earth based cultures mashed into one. The Republic does not have a unified culture per se, as individual Planets, and even certain regions of planets have grown their own culture specific identities. Those who hold on dear to them celebrate these identities, however the individual identities do clash here and there in areas of religion and social policies. Which can bring up protests against one another in public spaces and even arguments/fights in local assemblies or even the Federal Legislature.

Society Information: Family is the most important social construct within the Republic. Some families can trace their linage all they way back to the founding of the colonies. Next to family is Public Service, while that does not mean Military Service exclusively it does mean those within the Republic view acting on the greater good for society in some ways trumps personal achievements (and in a lot a ways public service can become a personal achievement, and even lead to sanctification).

Humanity is seen by the humans in this area of the sector as almost divine, a living representation of the Gods of Old. This development arose within each of these systems independently from one another, and was a main driving force in unification of these systems.

Language(s): Human Languages [Mixed and Mashed for true FT purposes]

Notable Locations: Capital City Jigard: Federal Legislature, Capitol Building, Temple of Man [under construction].

(Notable Locations to be EXPANDED upon later I as come up with them)

Notable Works: Said to be explained later?

Economic Information: The economy of The Republic is as varied as its people, however it is a mixed economy. There are some Government controlled corporations in the sectors of Transport, Energy, Agriculture, Information, Loaning, Import/Export, Science, R&D and Legal. Most Corporations and Proprietors are private owned and operated and compete with Government Controlled corporations in their respective sectors.

Economy Type: Industrial, with a burgeoning Information sector, and a sustaining Agricultural sector.

Economic Strengths: High Population available for employment, Military-Industrial relations are strong, High regulation in the Private sector by Government Agencies keep Companies honest to a point.

Economic Weaknesses: Low Infrastructure, Small Financial Sector, Small Investment Opportunities, High Income gap between the richest and poorest, which creates tensions throughout the Republic. Debt and inflation, has started to become a problem due to the rapid expansion into other systems.

Major Industries: Orbital Mining, Terrestrial Mining, Gas Lifting [Absorption of heavy gases from Gas Giants], Arms Manufacturing, Aircraft/Vehicle/Starship Manufacturing, Logging, Retail, Manufacturing, Information, Construction, Maintenance, Utilities, Transportation, Agriculture.

Exports: Heavy Minerals, Heavy Water, Heavy Gases, Agricultural products, Arms, Vehicles, Consumer Goods.

Imports: Exotic Materials, Consumer Goods.

Military Information: Federal Forces: Spatial Navy, Marine Forces, Blue Navy
Regional Forces: Spatial Navy, Militia Forces, Blue Navy

Military Doctrine: The Military of The Republic contains a Federal Unified Force and Regional Militias. The Federal Forces provide a Force Projection for The Republic, as well a Defense Force. Regional Militia Forces provide in depth defensive forces as well patrolling forces.

Federal Forces

Spatial Navy: Space Control, Orbital Control, Deterrence, Nuclear Delivery, Transport “Star Lifting”/”Star Basing”, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Orbital Bombardment, Orbital Defense, Forward Force Deployment, Planetary Invasions, Power Projection, Interdiction, Patrolling.

Marine Forces: Direct Action, Embassy Security, Boarding Actions, Defense of Vessels, Mainline Troops, Defense Actions, Offensive Actions, Forward Power Projection, close with and engage and route Enemy Forces.

Blue Navy: Sea/Ocean Control, Deterrence, Nuclear Delivery, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Coastal Bombardment, Coastal Defense, Forward Force Deployment, Power Projection, Interdiction, Patrol, Transport “Sea Lifting”/”Sea Basing”.

Special Forces: Several Organizations combine to provide High Command “Special Forces”.

Force Recon Shock Troops (Marine Special Forces) [FRST]: Deep Reconnaissance, Direct Action, Support of Combined Arms, Battle Damage Assessment, Guidance Operations, Sensor Operations, In-Extremis Hostage Rescue, Seizure Operations, Counter-Terrorism, Combat Search/Rescue, Manhunts, Humanitarian Assistance, Raids, Infiltration, Exfil Operations, Recovery Operations, Intervention, Sabotage, Training Operations.

Special Activities Detachment (Department of Intelligence) [SAD]: HUMINT, SIGINT, Preparation Operations, Intelligence Operations, Prowler Ops, Path finding, Psychological Operations, Influence Operations, Locate Civilian Assets, Non Combat Evacuations, Direct Actions, Combined Arms Support, Signal Operations, Economic Operations, Cyber Warfare, Paramilitary Operations, Raids, Ambushes, Sabotage, Assassinations, Training Operations, Propaganda Operations.

KNIGHT Troops (Special Warfare/Under Command of High Command Directly]: Direct Action, Combined Arms Support, High-Risk Operations, Counter Insurgency, Assassinations, Raids, Infiltration, Exfil Operations, Guidance Operations, Recovery Operations, Seizure Operations.

Regional Forces

Spatial Regional Navy: Space Control within a Region, Orbital Control within a Region, Deterrence, Transport “Star Lifting”/”Star Basing”, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Orbital Bombardment, Interdiction within a Region, Patrolling within a Region.

Militia Forces: Direct Action, Boarding Actions, Defense of Vessels, Mainline Troops, Defensive Actions, Offensive Actions, close with and engage and route Enemy Forces.

Blue Regional Navy: Sea/Ocean Control, Deterrence, Vessel to Vessel Combat, Coastal Bombardment, Coastal Defense, Forward Force Deployment, Power Projection, Interdiction, Patrol, Transport “Sea Lifting”/”Sea Basing”.

Military Strengths: Speed, Maneuverability, Adaptability, and Modulability.

Military Weaknesses: No shielding technology, only kinetic/ballistic/missile based weaponry both terrestrially and spatially. Federal and Regional Split of Force Structure, while it does allow for each Region to provide for it’s own defense, it has led to a power struggle with regional militia forces and federal military forces.

Foreign Policy: Xenophobic towards alien species, Wants to be seen as a uniter of Humanity. That being said, is willing to work with Alien Species through back channels or intermediates (non-state sanctioned) to achieve certain goals.

Relationship with Other Member Nations (Provide List): None at the moment, hoping to change that.

Additional Information: I’m a very easy guy to get along with. I’m here to have some fun and create a great story. I’m easy to collaborate with and just want to create something memorable.

NS Activity?: Heavy to Moderate, once a day at least.

Three Examples of Previous RPs: I only have one at the moment and I’m waiting for the other individual to become active in it, I used to be active in the Jolt forums a bit. But here is my into RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=353212

I am realistic

I am techno-savvy

I like what I see so far, try to expand on some background and add more detail. This way also when you add your factbook it easier. For relationships with other members id sat the Intercosmic Bastion may be a bit standoffish, since the Achesian people were ethnically persecuted by most in the Empire, and since your FT nation has most of the average population of the old empire there might be a tension.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:17 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Achesia, what is the system/pop limit/guide?

System limit I think I had in the OP, I don't remember I think it was 13. Population should be reasonable. Im not sure on a number for that yet.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Inoroth wrote:Wow FR of Free States -- congrats on having the first completed app! I think, based on what you described, we might be neighbors (and maybe even have some overlap on claims.... My may is in a half-finished app on my computers, and I cannot access it to finish it right now).

I am impressed by how much effort you put into it :)

Yes it was very good.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Achesia wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Achesia, what is the system/pop limit/guide?

System limit I think I had in the OP, I don't remember I think it was 13. Population should be reasonable. Im not sure on a number for that yet.

Since Space is huge I would like to clarify is that fully developed systems or sum total? Cause I was planning on having 9 developed systems(Population in the Billions) and a few dozen mining outpost systems(Population under 10 Million) plus the morass of uninhabited systems between habitable systems.
I'm really tired

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:27 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Since Space is huge I would like to clarify is that fully developed systems or sum total? Cause I was planning on having 9 developed systems(Population in the Billions) and a few dozen mining outpost systems(Population under 10 Million) plus the morass of uninhabited systems between habitable systems.

Its 13 total with only a few being truly inhabitable. Others could have been terraformed. I actually need to put this in the OP, thanks for reminding me.

The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The United Remnants of America » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Hm... Tag for interest?

This looks neat. kinda Destiny/Star Wars-ish, but still neat.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Achesia wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Since Space is huge I would like to clarify is that fully developed systems or sum total? Cause I was planning on having 9 developed systems(Population in the Billions) and a few dozen mining outpost systems(Population under 10 Million) plus the morass of uninhabited systems between habitable systems.

Its 13 total with only a few being truly inhabitable. Others could have been terraformed. I actually need to put this in the OP, thanks for reminding me.

Thanks. Also is there Ansible? FTL communications faster than FTL travel?
I'm really tired

Federal Republic of Free States
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Free States » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:33 pm

Why thank you all, I just didn't want to miss a spot in this RP. It's exactly what I am looking for. I'll get more detail on the History part of The Republic as I create it. I wanted to see The Bastion's history as well and kind of pull from that as far as what The Empire was like. More detail is coming, can't really think of it ALL on the fly. Besides sometimes 13 spots fill up quick.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents