NATION

PASSWORD

Ostea (A Pantheon RP) - IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Foamland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Foamland » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:32 pm

It is said that the Earth in which we live was carved with a whittling knife. For forty days and forty nights, the Great Carver shaped a perfect globe, and then chiseled ragged canyons and mountains into his creation. He engraved hills and trees and oceans on the Earth, and tiny, winding rivers and streams. Satisfied, the Great Carver let go of the sphere, and watched it hang in space. He touched the Earth, and colour washed over it. Enormous pride filled his heart, and he named the planet Ostea. Next, he created divine beings with his carving knife, each one perfect in every aspect. He gave them power over Ostea, and made them gods.

The first being he made was perfect in every way, and made with the choicest cuts of wood. This being glowed with radiance, and The Great Carver named him Utinni, which meant 'light' in the old tongue. Then, the Great Carver carved out a sinister, evil form, and gave it power over fire, destruction and demons. He called this being Chanarus. Next, The Great Carver made a huge, blockish being that would know war in every one of its imperfect forms. He named this being Martius Gaia. The Great Craver then made a being with a perfect body, and knew that this one would be the Goddess of Lust and Beauty. He called his perfect sculpture Niamh. The Great Carver continued making gods with his whittling knife, and he grew proud of his many perfect creations.

Contented, the Great Carver watched as the new gods created things of marvelous beauty, and the world evolved and changed at their whim...

This is a Pantheon RP, where you have the power to shape civilization. There are various races that already inhabit Ostea, but the gods are by far the most powerful. The races of Ostea are currently in a state that's half-way between Iron-age and Medieval times. Humanity has begun forging and working metal, and various trade routes have been established. There is no currency in Ostea, but a bartering system has been employed by some. Although these bartered resources are precious to the many races of Ostea, each Ostean's most precious resource is his religion, for the Gods of Ostea are completely real. The New Gods of Ostea are loved by all, but divisions and arguments have broken out in their Pantheon as Chanarus and the other Dark Gods grow bitter and powerful. The New Pantheon has turned into one of politics and intrigue, where friends must be kept close, yet enemies closer.

The game of the gods has just begun...

Link to OOC (more backstory and description) - https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=354087
Last edited by Foamland on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Niflil

He sat in a star.

One he had created. One he had made.

These were his gifts. These were his burdens.

Elements of life swirled around him.

Soon, he thought.

Soon.

Arkos

He let time flow over him.

He saw all that had happened. All that will.

Before him sat a clay tablet. And on it, he inscribed the history of everything.

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:59 pm

The Plane of Chanarus

Charanrus looked out from his palace. Armies of demons marched before. His loyal commanders, the Commander of Demons, the Commander of Chanar and the Commander of Tanar stood beside him. Everything burned around him. He smiled. This was HIS plane. And he was a god.
Join Alternis Mundi!

UKCS wrote:Appears right-wing (FKBS) and it also seems French.
NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE!

Foamland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

A scared grove. Nighttime.

Postby Foamland » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:12 pm

The small group were kneeling in a circle, praying. They wore white robes, with the huge, voluminous hood drawn over their faces. The glade they prayed in was eerily quite, apart from the echos of the prayer bouncing off the sacred trees, and the odd toowit of an owl.

Lord of light
Shining bright
Please answer our calls
In the night...

The group continued chanting, their calls growing louder and louder in a pious crescendo. A small fire blazed warmly in the middle of the group, casting thick smoke into the air. A few of the group threw cinnamon and other spices into the fire, and an intoxicating smell filled the night air. The smoke grew thicker and thicker, and it shaped itself into a form. A blinding clap of light made the praying, chanting figures squint, and the Lord of Light appeared. Utinni stood like a huge marble statue, his angelic wings three times the height of a mortal man. Upon his golden hair was a wreath of laurels.

"And why do you call me so?", he asked. A hooded figure step forth. He clutched a huge, leather-bound book in his hands.

"A-a huge host of hunting orcs has invaded our forest... my lord," the man stuttered.

"The forest is my brother Brennus' domain. It is his problem. Not mine. I shall warn Brennus of this issue, however."

The robed figures bowed greatfully, and Utinni dissapeared.

Utinni flew across the sky, and thought to himself. Rumours said that Chanarus was amassing a huge army. This news did not bother Utinni, however, as Chanarus was forever trapped in his hellish domain. For the first time in his life, Utinni was concerned. Fractures had appeared in the Pantheon, and arguements had broken out. Wearily, Utinni flew on.
Last edited by Foamland on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:37 pm

Dru'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | His own Plane of Existence

Dru'umia sat in his own plane of existence, books spread across the whole thing entailing the life of everyone who has existed as well as who will ever exist. In his hand was the Forbidis Novel, and a pen. He was writing what would happen in the future. And as he wrote, he realized that a storm was brewing, the gods were building a canyon a mile wide, as tensions rose. He stored the Novel in it's special display case. And sat up, he walked into what was scientifically speaking a wormhole. Which led to the middle of the Great Library, thus why the library was built there. He walked up to his champion, Leonardo, and made him aware of his feelings. He then sent a letter to all of the 'good' gods. Sighting them to meet in his Hall in the Great Library.

Dear my fellow gods,
As I'm sure you all are aware, more and more beasts and demons have started escaping to the mortal world. I would like for all of us to meet in my Great Hall, to discuss what to do. Please send your response as quickly as possible.
~Dur'umia, God of Knowledge and Fate
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Dru'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | His own Plane of Existence

Dru'umia sat in his own plane of existence, books spread across the whole thing entailing the life of everyone who has existed as well as who will ever exist. In his hand was the Forbidis Novel, and a pen. He was writing what would happen in the future. And as he wrote, he realized that a storm was brewing, the gods were building a canyon a mile wide, as tensions rose. He stored the Novel in it's special display case. And sat up, he walked into what was scientifically speaking a wormhole. Which led to the middle of the Great Library, thus why the library was built there. He walked up to his champion, Leonardo, and made him aware of his feelings. He then sent a letter to all of the 'good' gods. Sighting them to meet in his Hall in the Great Library.

Dear my fellow gods,
As I'm sure you all are aware, more and more beasts and demons have started escaping to the mortal world. I would like for all of us to meet in my Great Hall, to discuss what to do. Please send your response as quickly as possible.

Dur'umia,

This should be none of your concern. I'm just growing my army, and I only send the weaker ones out.
As for beasts, I am in no control of that.
However, I would like to meet in the Great Hall... to discuss some other issues.
All I want is to control my own plane and expel the weak. Chanarus, the plane, exists for the strong.

From,
Chanarus
Join Alternis Mundi!

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Dru'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | His own Plane of Existence

Dear my fellow gods,

Niflil knew at once.

He snapped his fingers and was there, hovering in place, holding a miniature star in his hands.

Arkos came a few minutes later.

He had already known about the letter, and even knew his own response.

He exited the timestream, tablet in hand, and entered the time he was needed in.

He stepped into the hall, in front of Dur'umia

"Hello, Dur'umia. I will receive your letter in approximately 15 seconds from now. I believe this is justifiably early. "

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | The Great Library

"Hello Niflil, and hello my cousin in time, Akros." Dur'umia greeted them, and they walked past Leonardo, "Hello Leonardo, can you check Nilfil, and Akros off the guest list." Then looking back at the brothers of time and space, "You have showed up very early, I'll lead you into my Great Hall," and they stepped through the wormhole, "Have a seat here, while we wait for the rest of the guests to show up."
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
_[' ]_

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | The Great Library

"Hello Niflil, and hello my cousin in time, Akros." Dur'umia greeted them, and they walked past Leonardo, "Hello Leonardo, can you check Nilfil, and Akros off the guest list." Then looking back at the brothers of time and space, "You have showed up very early, I'll lead you into my Great Hall," and they stepped through the wormhole, "Have a seat here, while we wait for the rest of the guests to show up."

Niflil smiled, and waved his hand, a floating chair of fusion energy appearing beneath him.

Arkos floated cross legged, deep in thought.

He worked over his tablet, inscribing events yet to come.

"This is bad brother. There are to many for us. "

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Through his glass of scrying, Chanarus saw the library. He didn't care much one way or the other about it, nor did he care about Dur'umia, but he was getting bothered by his fellow god feeling "threatened" by his works. So, with his three Commanders in hand, he arrived at the library. He looked at the god of knowledge. "I shall be in attendance. It irks me that you call my demons a threat. If only you saw my TRUE army..."
Join Alternis Mundi!

Arngeir
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arngeir » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:00 pm

"That was a wonderful story." Istoria said, his hood down over his face, writing it down, "Thank you, my friends. Now, it is time for me to uphold my end of the bargain? You wish to become Children of Myth, yes? Well, as promised, I will allow you to fill the legends of mortals, but I will not turn you into vampires or werewolves, or anything that exists."

Removing his hood, the god stood up, placing a hand on the heads of both men who were gathered around the fire with him. They let out a scream as their biology changed, going from normal man to supernatural beast.

"Your true forms cannot be seen except by reflection," Istoria said simply, "You will thirst for the water of the mind, and you can acquire the water of the mind with the spike which is embedded in your wrist. I name you, Wraiths, now go and fill mortals with fear, force yourself into their legends, and enter their dreams."

Istoria smirked as he turned away from the two Wraiths, writing down all he knew about the new creatures. He loved his job.

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | The Great Library

"You obviously underestimate me," Dur'umia said to the God of Demons, "I my self could easily kill a dozen, or tens of dozens of these creatures on my own. But imagine you are just a farmer and a demon scrambles into your plot. They can't defend themselves, but I digress, we shall talk more in depth about it later." He then walked Chanarus through the wormhole into his dimension, and into the Great Hall.
_[' ]_

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Dietrich Ekerhart Haegker-The Scarecrow of Fear and...other...things; Random Cornfield

Dietrich hung on a stick looking down onto a small human village. It was nighttime and he hungered for bloodshed and fear. The village lay in a small valley and consisted out of roughly 12 houses, a well in the midst and some meadows for cattle around them. A road went directly through the Village and into faraway lands. He had spent quite a few days of hanging there and scouting out the village while crows who were under his direct control had scouted the road in a 10 km radius. Even now his crows were looking for any signs of intelligent life coming along the road. Dietich didn`t want any disturbances...

2 hours later...

Dietrich looked to the left, Dietrich looked to the right and what he saw on both sides satisfied him. Atleast 30 Scarecrow thralls had gathered around the village. They just stood there, not moving, wielding all kinds of Farmer Tools and Weapons in their hands. Dietrich slowly climbed down from his stick and drew a spade. He then pointed it towards the village and let out an ear piercing, long scream. And when he screamed some kind of green light seemed to emanate from his eyes and from the tip of his spade. Almost immadiately the Scarecrows all around the village got glowing green eyes and began teetering unsteady towards the village...
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Dear my fellow gods,
~Dru'umia, God of Knowledge and Fate

After helping some hungry fisherman,Dev'Arun was notified about the invite.

"If the God of Fate wants to discuss something...it's definitely worth my time. And I have to pay a visit to him anyway,it's been sometime."

He grabbed his trident,started a water vortex in front of him,using it as a portal to the Great Hall. After getting there,he met Dru'umia.

"Dru'umia,it's been some time. So,in your note you mentioned an increasing number of monsters passing to the mortal world. Care to elaborate about it? And do you have any suggestion in mind? I'm eager to hear it.'
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:17 pm

Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | A Fountain in the Great Library

"Hello my friend, welcome to my temple," Dur'umia said to the God of the Sea, "Have you not had any appearing of monsters near your seas? I've had to send my Champion Leonardo, or a group of city guards out to save a farmer or lonely hunter a large amount lately. But I'll elaborate later when whoever shows up comes." He then led Dev'Arun through the wormhole to his domain, and brought him to the table. "You guys can start discussing yourselves while I go and wait for the rest of the guests." He then walked out and told Leonardo to mark the God of the Sea off the list.
_[' ]_

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | A Fountain in the Great Library

"Hello my friend, welcome to my temple," Dur'umia said to the God of the Sea, "Have you not had any appearing of monsters near your seas? I've had to send my Champion Leonardo, or a group of city guards out to save a farmer or lonely hunter a large amount lately. But I'll elaborate later when whoever shows up comes." He then led Dev'Arun through the wormhole to his domain, and brought him to the table. "You guys can start discussing yourselves while I go and wait for the rest of the guests." He then walked out and told Leonardo to mark the God of the Sea off the list.

"Dur'umia,answering it directly,just a few cases of more agressive fish and some regular drowning cases. But monsters,no. A few of my creation,yes,but for the protection of my dominion.'

After seating in the table,he started conversating with Leonardo.

"So,Leonardo. Monsters,huh? Tell me more about them."
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Leonardo de Knold - The Grand Librarian | The Great Hall

"We have had cases of monsters invading the farmland around the city. I personally have killed multiple monsters such as werewolves, and werebears, as well as some monstrous demons." Leo told the man, "They seem to be occurring more and more." He then leaned closer to the deity, and whispered, "Dur'umia has also foreseen in his book, some kind of build up of the God of Demons military. And possible use of it on the planet. However when it comes to gods the Forbidis Novel isn't the most accurate, as gods can break many laws of time and space."
_[' ]_

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Now they know better then mess with one of my homesteads.

Rumah walked through the remnants of a burnt field, one that was destroyed by her own doing.

A group of rogue warriors had attempted to destroy a homestead that was under her hand, and the end result was that she incinerated the warriors in one of the fields, alive.

Unfortunately, the farmers there were now confronted with a destroyed field and charred bodies.

Wheat might look good here...
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

The Flame Dawn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flame Dawn » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Arai

Arai overlooked her small city from the temple her creations, the kitsune, had built for her. She didn't mind the fact her creations admired her but she disliked the open display they gave her. There was a whole week dedicated to merry making in her honor, which was good but she still disliked the attention.

The Temple itself was simple, a small structure of prayer with a wall around it. Between the walls and building was an expanse of well kept gardens that were maintained by Arai and a few priests and priestesses. The Temple was located in the middle of the city.

The City itself was also fairly modest, there was a large amount of housing as well as graininess and other storage buildings towards the center but towards the City Walls was a variety of shops and theaters, each one was unique from the other. The garrison buildings were built into the walls themselves under the few towers that were in the wall. Outside of the walls was farmland, towards the wall were orchards that grew apples and fields of grain further out.
Rest In Peace : Kumigawa
Krytonus wrote:"Oh, Honey Boo-Boo is a disease," he laughed.

New Strausberg wrote:
Prumia wrote:This is a horrible place to live! The mortals are doomed!

Not on my watch your anal virgitnty is safe with me!
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
You are a: Socialist Humanist Liberal
Collectivism score: 67%
Authoritarianism score: 0%
Internationalism score: 0%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 33%

Hey everyone, we're looking for people who want to join Winterfell! A fun Anime, Game of Thrones, and Roleplay region.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:16 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Leonardo de Knold - The Grand Librarian | The Great Hall

"We have had cases of monsters invading the farmland around the city. I personally have killed multiple monsters such as werewolves, and werebears, as well as some monstrous demons." Leo told the man, "They seem to be occurring more and more." He then leaned closer to the deity, and whispered, "Dur'umia has also foreseen in his book, some kind of build up of the God of Demons military. And possible use of it on the planet. However when it comes to gods the Forbidis Novel isn't the most accurate, as gods can break many laws of time and space."

"I know some about the Novel. Lacks of accuracy,but as a God I can say that the God of Demons has a tendency for aggression,agains Gods and humans alike. I've talked to him very few times,and the strictly necessary,but is highly noticeable his will for it. But we should take note that this behavior is part of his dominion as well. But if you ever need any help,I'll be glad to offer it."

The rumors of a military of the God of the Demons caused no surprise to Dev'Arun,but certainly put him on alert for anything unusual. But now he had to wait for the rest of the invited Gods to arrive at the Great Hall. But this didn't stopped him from thinking on future actions to defend his dominion.
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foamland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Foamland » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Dear my fellow gods,

Utinni recieved the message in his floating palace. He chewed his lip thoughtfully. It seemed like he was not the only god to notice the divisions in the Pantheon. Still, he thought, it was a wise idea to talk things over. His huge wings bore him aloft, and he teleported himself to Dru'umia's plane of existence.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | The Great Hall of the Forbidden Library

He welcomed Utinni into his Great Hall, and there were only a few more gods left, and he didn't expect him to show up, so he began a conversation at the table.
"As you all know, I am Dur'umia, I'm here to talk about a increasing numbers of monsters," Then turning to look at the God of Demons, "And demons, that have started attacking my Braidens in their farms, or while they are hunting. Has anyone else noticed a case of this happening?"
_[' ]_

Foamland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Foamland » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | The Great Hall of the Forbidden Library

He welcomed Utinni into his Great Hall, and there were only a few more gods left, and he didn't expect him to show up, so he began a conversation at the table.
"As you all know, I am Dur'umia, I'm here to talk about a increasing numbers of monsters," Then turning to look at the God of Demons, "And demons, that have started attacking my Braidens in their farms, or while they are hunting. Has anyone else noticed a case of this happening?"

"Aye," Utinni replied, "corrupted demon birds have been sighted in my skies."
A few gods quietly chuckled at the absurd concept of demonic pigeons and sparrows.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Seventh Oblivion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Skotádias

Postby Seventh Oblivion » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:41 am

Skotádias
The Realm of Darkness

Skotádias whispered to the shadows as smoke swirled around him.

"Cast them into confusion, send them into oblivion, engulf them in my darkness. This world shall never see light while I am in their presence, they may see the light of fire, but they will never see me within their own confusion, I am invisible to this world."

Skotádias rose to the surface of the ground, a shockwave of darkness and dust rippling over the world. He ordered a sea of shadows upon the realm. Once this was done, the clouds of the sky were poisoned with lightning and ferocity. The universe around him shifted, darkness had finally been born, he would be needed after all.

New creatures spawned within the shadows, he called them Nocturnals. His figure blocked out the light and shaded the fire. From fire he gave smoke. From light, he gave dark and from knowledge, he gave confusion to the universe.

Skotádias laughed, a plume of smoke leaving his lips.

The Tricolour
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tricolour » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:03 am

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Dur'umia - God of Knowledge and Fate | The Great Hall of the Forbidden Library

"After I release my demons to the mortal plane, I choose to release them from my control. Also, what would you say when I claimed increased activity in those pesky "heroes" into my realm?"
Join Alternis Mundi!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse