NATION

PASSWORD

Silk Road: A Character RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Silk Road: A Character RP (IC)

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:35 am

Blah, blah, blah, rules, apps, and other stuff. Blah, blah, blah. For more information, see the OOC.
This is the IC. So no one liners. Keep all posts to a minimum of 5 sentences. Description is your friend!

No, no joke. I will not hesitate to ruin your IC life if you give me a bunch of crappy posts. You have been warned.

Let the RPing begin!
OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=352529&p=25839692#p25839692
Last edited by Modern Europa on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:18 pm

Ali
Ali's horse trudged across the spine of the multi-kilometer sand dune, keeping his vision on the scattering of Mesas in the distance, with the snowy peaks of mountains even further. He stopped to take a drink of water before giving some to his horse. He was still tracking his latest victim, as he had been doing for almost a week. He had fled China after stealing many gold coins' worth of silk from Ali's Chinese patron. Ali had tracked him across all of India and most of Asia minor, and he now tracked him deep into Persia. If he was correct, his victim was headed for either Istanbul or the villages along the coast of the Tigris River in Mesopotamia. If he reached Istanbul, he would sell the silk, and he would be worth less to Ali, for the deal was that if he killed him, he could keep the silk and all of his possessions. A gentle breeze from the northeast stirred up some hot sand. In these godforsaken deserts, no gentle breeze was simply a gentle breeze. They always hinted at stronger winds, which were sometimes preludes to sandstorms. Ali scanned the horizon, and sure enough, he saw a rim of dust hiding just above the heat-induced ripples of the horizon line. He kicked his horse and started riding at full speed to the northwest, away from the storm.
Henry
Henry's caravan slowed as it found a small spring hidden in the shadow of a steep rocky overhang. His Italian guide explained to him that the sun was at the worst possible angle for the terrain they were on, as it would be striking the men in their faces. He recommended they wait two hours and continue. Henry nodded and took a swig of water. Even lukewarm water tasted fresh in these conditions.
Last edited by Modern Europa on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oslesh
Secretary

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Kazimir
Kazimir exited his tent and went into the meeting place with the rest of his men. He talked to them about his plan to go south and they seemed to all agree. After they were done talking they saw a storm brewing on the horizon and packed up their stuff. As they were watching the storm they saw a man riding on horse go over the dune in front of them and started to approach him. He dismounted and Kazimir asked him who he was and what he searched for. He replied that his name was Ali and he was seeking a merchant who wasn't on his good side. Kasimir proposed a deal to him that they would help him track down this merchant if they got a percentage of the goods from him. Kasimir awaited his response.

(Sorry about the short post guys but I had a good almost 5 paragraph post all typed up and somehow it got deleted. It had proper dialogue and everything. Like those beginning 2 sentences were 2 paragraphs. Sorry it will be longer and proper next time. :( )
Generation 38 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

King: No chosen one at the moment. A parliament regencyPM: Allen Rodgers
DEFCON: (5) (4)(3)(2)(1)
(1)

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Oslesh wrote:Kazimir
Kazimir exited his tent and went into the meeting place with the rest of his men. He talked to them about his plan to go south and they seemed to all agree. After they were done talking they saw a storm brewing on the horizon and packed up their stuff. As they were watching the storm they saw a man riding on horse go over the dune in front of them and started to approach him. He dismounted and Kazimir asked him who he was and what he searched for. He replied that his name was Ali and he was seeking a merchant who wasn't on his good side. Kasimir proposed a deal to him that they would help him track down this merchant if they got a percentage of the goods from him. Kasimir awaited his response.

(Sorry about the short post guys but I had a good almost 5 paragraph post all typed up and somehow it got deleted. It had proper dialogue and everything. Like those beginning 2 sentences were 2 paragraphs. Sorry it will be longer and proper next time. :( )

Ali
Ali thought for a long moment.
"Yes, this is an agreeable deal. However, I see you are headed south. You would have to alter your course if we are to track him, for he is most likely headed for Constantinople or the Euphrates River. And if we are to survive to split up the goods, I recommend we leave... immediately." He said, speaking of the encroaching gale of unyielding sand. He had been trapped in a sandstorm once, it killed his camel and separated him from the rest of his caravan. He then found their corpses in the dunes three kilometers from their original position. He remembered that the sand had cut like glass. This was, of course, before he became an assassin, back when he was a simple servant boy not yet out of his teens. The sands would blind a man, cut his skin like daggers, and bury him under a meter of sand before he could cover his face. It was not a joke.

Oslesh
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:51 pm

Modern Europa wrote:

Ali
Ali thought for a long moment.
"Yes, this is an agreeable deal. However, I see you are headed south. You would have to alter your course if we are to track him, for he is most likely headed for Constantinople or the Euphrates River. And if we are to survive to split up the goods, I recommend we leave... immediately." He said, speaking of the encroaching gale of unyielding sand. He had been trapped in a sandstorm once, it killed his camel and separated him from the rest of his caravan. He then found their corpses in the dunes three kilometers from their original position. He remembered that the sand had cut like glass. This was, of course, before he became an assassin, back when he was a simple servant boy not yet out of his teens. The sands would blind a man, cut his skin like daggers, and bury him under a meter of sand before he could cover his face. It was not a joke.

Kazimir
Kazimir carefully thought over every choice he had at this moment and he had to decide quickly with that approaching sandstorm. Would he alter his course and team with Ali. He's had a dry spell in this area at this moment so it would make a lot of sense to follow Ali and get a cut of the goods from the merchant he was killing. He looked at his men to help him decide but they were too focused on the storm to pay attention to him. The winds were picking up now. He didn't have that much food for his party and with another person his food reserves would go down even faster, but they could raid some caravans along the way which should supply them with enough food for the entire trip. He had finally made up his mind and it appeared that he had just in time.
"Everybody pack up your stuff now and put it on the camels we will be following Ali," said Kazimir. All the men whooped and hollered in excitement for finally something exciting happening, breaking he dry spell of boredom over the past few days. Of course could Kazimir even trust this man that he just met? He thought that he would have to, there was no other choice anymore. Ali mounted his horse and the bandit party their camels and the long trek across the desert began.
Last edited by Oslesh on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Generation 38 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

(1)

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:55 pm

Wolf the bounty hunter
William would be sitting at a loud bar, to an extent, much like Jabba the Hutt's palace. He is slouched over his drink, hood dawned , a man British man, no older than 30 walks to him. The young man drops a coin purse upon the bar, beginning to whisper to Wolf, he says: "I have reason to believe you are the best mercenery in Venice. I do hope this is enough..." He then slides the coin purse towards Wolf nonshalantly. Wolf takes a gander at the coin purse then to the man, grabbing the coin purse, he'd feel it's weight, asking: "This is a hefty amount of gold, I do hope it is not dangerous." The British man says: "Alright, meet me outside of this saloon in a moments time." Wolf finishes his drink, heading out behind him. They stop in an alleyway next to the saloon to discuss business. British male: "I need you to take down two merchants headed to India." Wolf: "That was a lot of gold, how dangerous are they?" British male: "They are kind of dangerous, but I am sure the best bounty hunter in Venice can handle it." Wolf: "Alright, well, I suppose I'll set out tonight, catch them by surprise." He would hop up onto his Arabian horse and ride off into the night with the coin purse in hand.

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:42 am

Wolf the bounty hunter
After travelling two days time, Wolf would come across a pair of horse and carrage tracks, he'd yell "Yah!" and his horse would ride over the dunes to an overlook where he sees the caravan of men , he would then yell: "Nay!" He would look out upon the group of carts, he would grab hold of his scope, adjusting it to take a gander at the men, he proceeds to put it down, equipping then equips his crossbow, he loads his bolt and takes the shot at the man driving the caravan, the driver falls off of the wagon and Wolf begins to ride fast down the dune, although, once he reaches the end of the slope his horse would begin to trot, Wolf then stops his horse and hops off of it, saying: "Sir, I am Wolf, Wolf the bounty hunter, and I am hear to collect your bounty!" he then stabs him in the neck with his hidden dagger, dropping the body to the ground. Wolf then steps over the body, hopping into the wagon, he'd grab any and all valuables that he could carry, that being two coin purses, a ruby and a medium sized Arabian rug, he would then lay it out within the wagon, setting up a small picnic, he'd then grab the tea box that was hidden away, brewing it. As it was steeping he'd set up bread and a small plate of carpaccio, he'd then pour the tea into a China cup. He'd sip the cup and take a bite of carpaccio covered bread, after his meal he wipes his hands against each other and frees the horses. He grabs the two corpses and places them utop his horse, securing them with ropes and other ties.

White Whales
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby White Whales » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:54 am

James
It would be a quiet night being only lit by moonlight. James, currently running from a mysterious, cloaked man who would be wielding a flintlock pistol. They would both enter into a large street with few people and a single parked caravan to the right of James. James would first glance behind him to see where the hooded man is, he would then think quickly and leap into the back of the caravan. The caravan would be filled with piles of hay, he would then crawl over to the largest pile and attempt to hide behind it. James would wait until he thought the cloaked man left , let out a large sigh of relief and whisper "Oh thank god I nearly pissed myself." to himself.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:20 am

Ali
The bandit's caravan and the single bounty hunter rode as fast as possible away from the furious wall of dust and sand. Heavy winds whipped around Ali and disturbed his scarf, making the two ends flap in the breeze. They continued onwards, trekking towards their next stop, which would be a town in the middle of the Persian desert, just after the plateaus. There they would likely trade for more goods and spend the night.

Events!
  • A large merchant boat carrying hundreds of pounds of ivory and diamonds from Africa arrives in Venice.
  • The sandstorm in Persia mysteriously stops, and the victims find it is already nighttime. The still air serves an eerie backdrop for several dark figures on foot lurking over the surrounding sand dunes.

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Wolf the bounty hunter
As the sandstorm blazes through Wolf, he covers his face with his hooded cloak, making him appear almost bandit like, he hops into the wagon, tying his horse to the carriage, covering it's eyes from the sand. After the storm subsides, Wolf seems to have lost his map, he begins to ride his trail back, however, he goes the wrong direction. In his travels, he runs out of all of his water, and a large amount of food, but soon enough, however, he spots an oasis, he runs to it in a happy victory, but it is but a mirage, and he finds his horse missing, he looks all over and does not see anything, all of his supplies, gone, all he has is the clothes on his back, his weapons and gold. After a day of searching for something, anything, he notices a group, and equips his crowbar to stare at them with the scope, he then rushes down on horse back, extremely fast, once he reaches the group, he asks them: "Who are you, merchants? I am in dire trouble..." (This is you guys, Europa and Oslesh)
Last edited by Danubea (Ancient) on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:09 am

Ali
Ali takes his wheel-lock pistol from its shining leather holster and points it at the man's head.
"Are you from the Mughal authorities?" He called out to the man.
"Because I won't surrender! You won't take me alive!" He pushed the wheel on the pistol back with his thumb and heard the small gear lock into place against the hammer, pulling it up and preparing it for firing.
"If you don't stand down now, I'll shoot!This is your final warning!" He then eyed the dark figures on the horizon. They were getting closer.

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:58 am

Modern Europa wrote:Ali
Ali takes his wheel-lock pistol from its shining leather holster and points it at the man's head.
"Because I won't surrender! You won't take me alive!" He pushed the wheel on the pistol back with his thumb and heard the small gear lock into place against the hammer, pulling it up and preparing it for firing.
"If you don't stand down now, I'll shoot!This is your final warning!" He then eyed the dark figures on the horizon. They were getting closer.

Wolf the bounty hunter
Wolf would place his hands high in the sky and kneel down, saying: "I am simply a merceneray that has gotten lost. Wolf the bounty hunter is my name.""

Oslesh
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Kazimir
"Ali you have to shoot him, there is no way this person means us no harm. Plus we cannot take any chances, and he may have goods for us to take.", whispers Kazimir. Kazimir's men are standing on alert just in case the situation gets hairy. "Ali if you let this man go the deal is off." Kazimir had no idea what he was doing, because he had no right to call the deal off because he was the one who proposed it. He stood there waiting for Ali to decide, this was a life or death situation.

(1)

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Oslesh wrote:

Kazimir
"Ali you have to shoot him, there is no way this person means us no harm. Plus we cannot take any chances, and he may have goods for us to take.", whispers Kazimir. Kazimir's men are standing on alert just in case the situation gets hairy. "Ali if you let this man go the deal is off." Kazimir had no idea what he was doing, because he had no right to call the deal off because he was the one who proposed it. He stood there waiting for Ali to decide, this was a life or death situation.

Wolf the bounty hunter
"I am William Fett of Venice, Italy. I mean no harm. I am simply lost and without food nor water, and no horse. Do not make a haneous decision."

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:32 am

Danubea wrote:

Wolf the bounty hunter
"I am William Fett of Venice, Italy. I mean no harm. I am simply lost and without food nor water, and no horse. Do not make a haneous decision."

"Drop all of your belongings and walk over here with your hands raised or I will not hesitate to put a piece of lead through your lungs!" He considered both arguments and then whispered to Kazimir.
"We don't know this man's skills. He could be more valuable to us alive than dead. If he's useless or tries to leave without permission, I'll shoot him."

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Modern Europa wrote:
Danubea wrote:Wolf the bounty hunter

"Drop all of your belongings and walk over here with your hands raised or I will not hesitate to put a piece of lead through your lungs!" He considered both arguments and then whispered to Kazimir.
"We don't know this man's skills. He could be more valuable to us alive than dead. If he's useless or tries to leave without permission, I'll shoot him."

Wolf the bounty hunter
Wolf places his crossbow on the ground along with his bolts and quiver, he would also place his duck footed pistol onto the ground as well and his hidden blade, stepping back from the items.

Vergenskia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vergenskia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:57 am

Asterabad, Khorasan

As the sun came down, Talgat smiled as he looked over the city... As it crackled in the raging inferno he set. His band of raiders was sent to the south to raid Safavid towns and plunder Silk Road trade. And the Khan knew just the man to send him. Talgat was a veteran of many a war and raiding party. His name is feared by the Uzbeks, the Khivans and the Persians alike. And from what he did to the very prominent Persian town, his reputation served him justice. His band camped outside of the city walls, watching the citizens desperately try to put out the blaze as they count out the loot they were able to take from the homes and government buildings. As they sit around a campfire they begin planning their next attack.

"Men Parsı arqılı basqaratın Venecïyağa bastap kerwen bar estïsiz. Venecïancı ärqaşan Ewropadan Qıtayğa eñ üzdik tawarlar äkeledi."
I hear there is a caravan from Venice heading through Persia. The Venetians always bring the finest goods from Europe to China.
One of the band members says to Talgat. He nods his head, staying stoic as he ever is. "Biz kelesi nısanalı , sodan keyin kim ekenin bilesiñ . Xan biz jasadıq jäne qanday biz sıqıldı üyge äkelip jatırmız bolatınmın qanday öte rïza boladı."
We know who our next targets are, then. The Khan will be very pleased with what we've done and what we're bringing home as tribute.
Yet another band member says, as if to translate Talgat's gestures.

Talgat stares into the fire and says only one thing, "Biz Vosxod kelip jıljıtıñız."
We move come sunrise.
A szabadság csak a szerzett a vérontást!

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72

Here we go, Brownies! Here we go!

Modern Europa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Modern Europa » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Danubea wrote:
Modern Europa wrote:"Drop all of your belongings and walk over here with your hands raised or I will not hesitate to put a piece of lead through your lungs!" He considered both arguments and then whispered to Kazimir.

Wolf the bounty hunter
Wolf places his crossbow on the ground along with his bolts and quiver, he would also place his duck footed pistol onto the ground as well and his hidden blade, stepping back from the items.

Ali nodded and spoke to Kazimir. "It's your caravan, you decide what to do with him now." He then walked over to the weapons and inspected them. this man was, indeed, a fine merchant. He had managed to get his hands on some expensive goods. Ali opened his empty sack and tossed the weapons in it, tying it at the top.

Oslesh
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Kazimir
"I want to inspect these fine weapons of yours and I get first pick of the ones I want, otherwise we kill you," remarked Kazimir. He looked at his own weapon which had definitely seen better days. He was looking forward to getting some new gear for his men in the next town over, who had simply equipped with the scraps Kazimir could scrape up. He slowly walked towards the stranger with his sword drawn. The stranger had to make a decision, now.

(1)

Danubea (Ancient)
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Danubea (Ancient) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:49 pm

"I want to inspect these fine weapons of yours and I get first pick of the ones I want, otherwise we kill you," remarked Kazimir. He looked at his own weapon which had definitely seen better days. He was looking forward to getting some new gear for his men in the next town over, who had simply equipped with the scraps Kazimir could scrape up. He slowly walked towards the stranger with his sword drawn. The stranger had to make a decision, now.

Wolf the bounty hunter
"I have fifteen men trained on you right now, and if you even dare lay a finger on me, they will shoot you." He'd point to various spots in the dunes.

Oslesh
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Oslesh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:48 am

Danubea wrote:

Wolf the bounty hunter
"I have fifteen men trained on you right now, and if you even dare lay a finger on me, they will shoot you." He'd point to various spots in the dunes.

Kazimir
Kazimir was not going to harm this man just going to look at his equipment and decide from there. He didn't respond to the man and kept silent. Kazimir believes this man about the men he has stationed in the hills but doesn't Know what weapons they possess,which worries him a great deal. He slowly approaches,while signaling to his men to scope around the dunes and to check out if there really were any men, and eventually encircle the bounty hunter. Kazimir was now directly in front of the bounty hunter and dropped down on his knees to pick up his weapons. He had never seen weapons like this before. Even if he didn't know what some of them were, he knew they were very finely crafted. He wanted them.

(1)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse