NATION

PASSWORD

The Insurgents' Guild(OOC- Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Insurgents' Guild(OOC- Open)

Postby Australian Antarctica » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:47 pm

The Insurgents' Guild

They say every rebellion is started with a spark
But what makes that spark?
The promise of freedom?
Of a better life?
No
These are all just lies
We start the rebellions
We provide the spark
We are rebellion
We are The Insurgents Guild

Introduction

Some call us rebels, others terrorists, freedom fighters, but we prefer the name 'Insurgents'. For this name covers all the others. We are Insurgents. We bring about the one true freedom; war. War is chaos, but is anarchy also not chaos? And is anarchy not the greatest form of freedom? This is why we fight. People think freedom is brought about by war. No, war itself is freedom.

We don't seek fame. We stay invisible. People think fame equates to power. This also is not true. We hang in the shadows, yet are far more powerful than any government. They are constrained to one flag, one nation, one people. We are free to fight under any flag, with any nation, with any people.

Yes, we may be considered 'villains' by normal standards, but this is not so. For if it were, would they not constantly blindly follow us into war? Would they not be influenced so easily? Wouldn't they be able to discover our agents every time? We are not 'Villains'. Villains kill innocents, but in war, no one is innocent. Do children not pick up weapons and fight for their governments? Do not women? Old men? War is humanity's natural state. It is where we feel the most free,

We are not soldiers, we are not anarchists, we are not terrorists. We are not spies, nor are we politicians. We are Insurgents. We bring freedom to those constrained by the shackles known as peace. Humanity does not want peace. Humanity longs for war. We give them war.

It was 1642, and England was preparing for war. With the Scotts in the north refusing to convert to the Anglican Church and then rebelling, the government's funds had been going down the drain fast. When Charles I asked the Parliament for help, they refused unless the English met several conditions. This caused a rift between the King and his Parliament, one we exploited. Back then we were a loose knit group of families that shared similar views. All of us were good at manipulation, and we all were connected in some way to both factions. If it weren't for us, war might not have happened. Some of us influenced Parliament to begin forming an Army, others 'convinced' Charles I to send his men to 'persuade' Parliament to change their minds.

This is where you come in. You will be one of the founding members of The Guild. We will begin our story in January 1642, shortly before Charles will send his troops to arrest members of the Parliament.

About this RP

As you've probably already guessed, this RP(Or at least the first chapter...), will take place during the English Civil War. Forgive me if my history ends up being a little off, I'm a bit rusty. You will control one of the founding members of The Insurgents' Guild, at first known as just The Guild. The Guild is a secret order of people who influence the governments of the world to go to war. They prefer rebellion, but have been known to also start conventional warfare. Let me get this out of the way: They are not 'good guys', nor are they 'bad guys'. They are in the grey area. They start wars because they feel war itself is true freedom, but some of their wars do bring about positive change, and they do primarily attempt to avoid Civilian Casualties. Since we are starting at the very beginning of the Guild, I have not done much in the way of an ranking system. I will control the 'Leader', but that doesn't mean you guys can't take control either if the rest of the group goes along with it. If we do manage to make it past the English Civil War, I will jump to the next war of your choosing. Preferably less than 200 years apart.

Rules
1. Thou shalt not disobey the 10 rules
2. Thou shall continue reading this in an old-timey voice
3. OP and Co-Op word be the law of the land
4. Thou shalt not be a dick
5. Thou shall keep those goddamned curse words to a minimum
6. Playing god ain't cool jack
7. Transferring info from the realm of OOC into the land of IC shalt not be tolerated
8. Thou shall not skip number 3 as I have
10. Thou shall notice I skipped 9 instead of ten and is now grinning like the town fool

Application

Every time we do a new time period you will create a new app using the same family name. The Guild has mainly stayed in the families that founded it throughout the years, with new members rare. Read up a bit on the history of the era before making an App. Don't be like the kids in my Social Studies class who wrote stories about slaves in the 1800s that included AK-47s, Ford F-150s, and one that included Al-Qaeda...
I will have my App up soon.
Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Birthplace:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (No set age range but preferably somewhat self sufficient)
[b]Pic/Description:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

(OPTIONAL)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]RP Examples:[/b]

Name: William Pierson
Nation Name: Ausie the Mighty
Birthplace: London, England
Pic/Description: WIP

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Cold, Distant, Manipulative, Idealistic
Skills: Strong, Good Swordsman, even better at hand-to-hand, decent shot, and good at the manipulation of others
Dislikes: The King, Religion, Some People
Fears: Being caught of guard or being oppressed by the government

Bio: William Pierson was born on the streets of London. He had no friends, no family, no money. He spent his early life wandering the streets, doing as many odd jobs as he could just to scrape by. Eventually he entered service with a member of Parliament, acting as his assistant. He cleaned his house, and eventually became his unofficial son. William started to learn how to read and to write, and quickly found that he was very good at both. His 'Father' took note of Will's intelligence and would often ask him his opinions on the current events. William basically became his 'father's' brains. The man would not support any bill without his son's opinion taken into account. Then one day while William was walking home from a day of drinking at one of the local Pubs, a group of soldiers picked him of the street and told him he was now a soldier. What was he to do? They were armed, and he was not going to disagree with them. The next years saw William fighting the Scotts in the north. He found he was a good soldier, partially do to his keen mind, and partially due to his immense strength. Though there was only one real battle in the entire war, he still loved the rush of combat. Next he fought in nearby Ireland, and again was one of the better soldiers in his unit. Eventually though, of the original 20 or so men that came to Ireland with him, he was the only one left. William was again alone. But instead of feeling sad, he felt a rush of excitement. This was just another opportunity for him to advance himself. He caught a ship back to England and managed to find his way to London. He wandered the streets for days until he found his way back home, where his 'father' had been waiting, worried, then had moved on over the past years. But something was different when the reunited. William felt...constricted. He felt free on the battlefield. But here he felt closed in, oppressed, and just constrained. He longed for war again, and he might just have a way to do so. Parliament and the King were divided, and there were rumblings of a rebellion growing. William convinced his father to further expand the rift between the two sides, hoping that it could eventually spring to a full blown war. War, in his mind, was freedom.

Will was not the only one who had such a thought. He'd met several others with similar views at a Pub called Gresey's, and they had all begun conspiring to cause war. It was where they all thought true freedom resided.

RP Examples:
Last edited by Australian Antarctica on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Reserved

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Reserved

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Hello AA and Tag :)
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Hello AA and Tag :)

Where do I remember you from?

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Hello AA and Tag :)

Where do I remember you from?

Forbidden Planet, sad that got abandoned. Marsisean seems to have left NationStates he hasn't been on for over two weeks. Not even once. I'd like to revive it but don't know if I have permission. :(
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
_[' ]_

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Wazzup sluts!?

Teg.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:26 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Where do I remember you from?

Forbidden Planet, sad that got abandoned. Marsisean seems to have left NationStates he hasn't been on for over two weeks. Not even once. I'd like to revive it but don't know if I have permission. :(

He said he had a bunch of RL issues coming up so he might take a temporary leave of absence. He'll be back in a while I think.

The Templar High Council wrote:Wazzup sluts!?

Teg.

Hey, I'm not the slut.

You're looking for my best friend.

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:Forbidden Planet, sad that got abandoned. Marsisean seems to have left NationStates he hasn't been on for over two weeks. Not even once. I'd like to revive it but don't know if I have permission. :(

He said he had a bunch of RL issues coming up so he might take a temporary leave of absence. He'll be back in a while I think.

The Templar High Council wrote:Wazzup sluts!?

Teg.

Hey, I'm not the slut.

You're looking for my best friend.

Ah thanks for telling me
_[' ]_

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Hey, anyone joins will be a member of an AARP...

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Tag.AVI

Run Program HYPE.

HYPE Successful, Program ran.

Welcome To Nation States.Jpeg

Question.Word

What is AARP?
Last edited by Deramen on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Deramen wrote:Tag.AVI

Run Program HYPE.

Question.Word

What is AARP?

RL? Some organization for old folks
On here? Australian Antarctican Role Plays!

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Deramen wrote:Tag.AVI

Run Program HYPE.

Question.Word

What is AARP?

RL? Some organization for old folks
On here? Australian Antarctican Role Plays!

I assumed so.
WHY CANT WE HAVE THE DMRP GROUP?

The Dera Men Role Play.
Its a sentence.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:07 am

AA, I'm gonna make my app after you. To make sure I don't screw it up royally. :P
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:47 am

The Templar High Council wrote:AA, I'm gonna make my app after you. To make sure I don't screw it up royally. :P

So long as you aren't famous, it should be fine. Keep the bio a bit vague, I'm still trying to figure out how we came together.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:08 am

App is done(Mostly)

Rather crappy in my opinion, but done nonetheless.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:04 am

The Templar High Council wrote:AA, I'm gonna make my app after you. To make sure I don't screw it up royally. :P

Pun intended? :rofl:

Took me long enough to get it...

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:10 am

Pun intended? :rofl:

Yes.

Yes it did.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Pun intended? :rofl:

Yes.

Yes it did.

Did you get the reference in my Bio?

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:16 am

The Templar High Council wrote:Yes.

Yes it did.

Did you get the reference in my Bio?

I'll let you know after I read it because I just noticed you had an app up. :P

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:19 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:Did you get the reference in my Bio?

I'll let you know after I read it because I just noticed you had an app up. :P

Don't judge me due to my extremely shitty bios. I don't know why, I've never been able to write them

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:30 am

What I'm just realizing: 1642 feels like the between times between the Renaissance and pre-modern history. I can't mentally imagine what London would look like...

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:33 am

The Templar High Council wrote:What I'm just realizing: 1642 feels like the between times between the Renaissance and pre-modern history. I can't mentally imagine what London would look like...

Neither can I. Hmm. TO MY BOOKS!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:36 am

The Templar High Council wrote:What I'm just realizing: 1642 feels like the between times between the Renaissance and pre-modern history. I can't mentally imagine what London would look like...

Neither can I. Hmm. TO MY BOOKS!

Let me know how that turns out.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:Neither can I. Hmm. TO MY BOOKS!

Let me know how that turns out.

Found it

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse