NATION

PASSWORD

Grand Unitary League of Australialia's Guardians (MEMBERS)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Grand Unitary League of Australialia's Guardians (MEMBERS)

Postby Soviet Asian States » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:43 am

The Grand Unitary League of Australialia's Guardians (GULAG) is an international organisation aimed at promoting co-operation, peace and stability for nations within Australialia. It is a forum where all members of Australialia can meet, discuss, propose and debate resolutions.

UNZ RESOLUTION #0: The Question of GULAG Resolution Format

The GULAG,
Celebrating the formation of the GULAG
Noting the need to establish a template for all GULAG resolutions,
  1. Defines two different type of clauses: pre-ambulatory and operative;
  2. Requests that pre-ambulatory clauses use the present participle forms of verbs (i.e. with -ing);
  3. Demands that operative clauses use:
    1. the active forms of verbs (i.e. present singular)
    2. numbered lists
  4. Clarifies that only operative clauses actually do things;
  5. Pleads that all future resolutions be formatted like this template;
  6. Asks the clause "Decides to remain actively seized of the matter" to be included at the end of every resolution;
  7. Decides to remain actively seized of the matter

Proposed by: Soviet Asian States
Endorsed by:
Opposed by:

All resolutions passed by the GULAG are binding for all members in Australialia; as such, the GULAG serves as the primary legislative body for the region, as well as the primary moderation body for all Roleplay. Only nations within GULAG may propose or vote on legislation (I'll be checking all endorsements for validity). Unlike the UNZ, you DO NOT need to sign up to join the GULAG.

A resolution is passed if:
  1. There at least 6 nations endorsing the resolution AND
  2. The number of nations who endorse the resolution is at least 1.5 times the number of nations who oppose the resolution.
The resolution is immediately passed if the above two conditions are simultaneously satisfied. Note that the proposer of a resolution counts as an endorser.

To endorse or oppose a resolution, please quote the original resolution and explicitly state your support/opposition for the resolution.

Last edited by Soviet Asian States on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Esceen
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Esceen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:51 am

tagged

Franceali
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Franceali » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:36 am

Soviet Asian States wrote:

The GULAG,
  2. Requests that pre-ambulatory clauses use the present participle forms of verbs (i.e. with -ing);
    2. numbered lists
  6. Asks the clause "Decides to remain actively seized of the matter" to be included at the end of every resolution;

Endorsed by:
Opposed by:

Franceali condemns this proposal.
Franc-Eali doesn't reflect my personal views.
Pro- : Alter-globalization - Sustainable development - Science - LGBT Rights- Democracy - Decentralism - Secularism - Direct democracy - Palestine
Anti- : NATO - European Union - € - Imperialism - Massive immigration - Free trade - Gun ownership

Franceali
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Franceali » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:01 am

UNITED KINGDOMS OF FRANCEALI - GULAG PROPOSAL
■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

Recognising : Nuclear weapons cause immense damage and suffering to mostly civilian targets
Noting : that certain nations use these weapons without regard to international safety
Knowing : that Nuclear winter is a high possibility and our entire world could be reduced to ashes

HEREBY

Decrees : that all nuclear weapons be outlawed on Earth.
Violations : Will be punished by GULAG Forces.

Endorsements : Franceali
Condemnations :

Open to amendments
Pro- : Alter-globalization - Sustainable development - Science - LGBT Rights- Democracy - Decentralism - Secularism - Direct democracy - Palestine
Anti- : NATO - European Union - € - Imperialism - Massive immigration - Free trade - Gun ownership

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:23 pm

Franceali wrote:
(Image)

■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

Recognising : Nuclear weapons cause immense damage and suffering to mostly civilian targets
Noting : that certain nations use these weapons without regard to international safety
Knowing : that Nuclear winter is a high possibility and our entire world could be reduced to ashes

HEREBY

Condemnations :

Open to amendments

The Legislative Council of The Federal RePublic of The Pacifican Islands condemns this proposal, stating that it will cause more harm to the world than good, as nuclear reactors may be banned as it is impossible to verify if the nuclear project are for civilian or military, and that the enforcement of this proposal will be impractical.

But the Council will recommend to have a bureau started that will limit the proliferation of nuclear weapons of mass destruction.
Last edited by The Pacifican Islands on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franceali
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Franceali » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:37 pm

The Pacifican Islands wrote:
Franceali wrote:
(Image)

■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

HEREBY

Condemnations :

Open to amendments

The Legislative Council of The Federal RePublic of The Pacifican Islands condemns this proposal, stating that it will cause more harm to the world than good, as nuclear reactors may be banned as it is impossible to verify if the nuclear project are for civilian or military, and that the enforcement of this proposal will be impractical.

But the Council will recommend to have a bureau started that will limit the proliferation of nuclear weapons of mass destruction.

During one year in NZ, this resolution has created no problems, but we understand your position. Maybe, we should change the [Hereby 1-] as : « That the use of all nuclear weapons be outlawed on Earth.»

Expiacion
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Expiacion » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Franceali wrote:
(Image)

■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

HEREBY

Condemnations :

Open to amendments

ENDORSED

Esceen
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Esceen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Franceali wrote:
(Image)

■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

HEREBY

Condemnations :

Open to amendments

Endorsed

Tattland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tattland » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Franceali wrote:
(Image)

■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

HEREBY

Condemnations :

Open to amendments

Amendment requested. Nuclear weapons should be used as a tool of diplomacy, but not a tool of war. If not changed I will not endorse.
Tattland is a democratic nation devoted to being a developed, technologically advanced powerhouse, and promoting regional stability through the use of armed forces.

Harry

Tadcon 5- Peace
Tadcon 4 - Land, Air or Sea mobilisation in 30 hours
Tadcon 3 - Air, Land, Sea and Space mobilisation in 6 hours
Tadcon 2 - Full mobilisation as fast as possible, limited use of counterforce strikes authorised
Tadcon 1 - Strategic Countervalue and Counterforce Authorised

Christian Constantinople
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Constantinople » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Franceali wrote:
(Image)

■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

HEREBY

Condemnations :

Open to amendments

Condemned, it should be noted that nuclear weapons can act as a form of deterrence to overly aggressive nations, forcing them to maintain a peace rather than create a war.

Esceen
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Esceen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:03 pm

(BTW, Nukes are still banned in RP even if this doesn't pass)

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Tattland wrote:Amendment requested. Nuclear weapons should be used as a tool of diplomacy, but not a tool of war. If not changed I will not endorse.

I support this amendment.

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Franceali wrote:

The GULAG,
    2. numbered lists

Endorsed by:
Opposed by:

Objection ruled out of order in my position as Chair of the GULAG

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Franceali wrote:
The Pacifican Islands wrote:

During one year in NZ, this resolution has created no problems, but we understand your position. Maybe, we should change the [Hereby 1-] as : « That the use of all nuclear weapons be outlawed on Earth.»

If this resolution is edited in this way, Pacifica will endorse this resolution.

The Eastern Antarctic State
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Tattland wrote:
Franceali wrote:
(Image)

■■■|■■■

PROPOSAL :
Nuclear Weapons Ban

HEREBY

Condemnations :

Open to amendments

Amendment requested. Nuclear weapons should be used as a tool of diplomacy, but not a tool of war. If not changed I will not endorse.

If this amendment is added, I will endorse.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

NOTE: I am an Australian.
I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Franceali wrote:

Since when do you have this power?
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Esceen
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Esceen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:41 pm

The amendment contradicts itself because if Nukes cannot be used then they do not provide any diplomatic advantage

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:

Since when do you have this power?

Since the GULAG was commissioned back in New Zealandia Two

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Esceen wrote:The amendment contradicts itself because if Nukes cannot be used then they do not provide any diplomatic advantage

The amendment doesn't have to explicitly states that they are to be used for diplomatic purposes.

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Since when do you have this power?

There is no chair of GULAG. The constitution states there are five members, each equal. Your job is to moderate the OP.
This ensues

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Esceen wrote:The amendment contradicts itself because if Nukes cannot be used then they do not provide any diplomatic advantage

The amendment doesn't have to explicitly state that they are to be used for diplomatic purposes.
The aim of this resolution should not be to erase nukes from the world, but rather to prevent its proliferation.
Last edited by Soviet Asian States on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Soviet Asian States wrote:The amendment doesn't have to explicitly state that they are to be used for diplomatic purposes.
The aim of this resolution should not be to erase nukes from the world, but rather to prevent its proliferation.

Therefore, replace the first operative clause with "Bans the use of nuclear weapons in: a) warfare b) tests"

Also, please please please numerate your operative clauses. It makes things so much easier when amendments are proposed.

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:56 pm

There is no chair of GULAG. The constitution states there are five members, each equal. Your job is to moderate the OP.

Unless you have been living under a rock, you would realise that the constitution is a DRAFT. There has been significant public opinion to change the GULAG clauses in the draft resolution.

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:57 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:There is no chair of GULAG. The constitution states there are five members, each equal. Your job is to moderate the OP.

Unless you have been living under a rock, you would realise that the constitution is a DRAFT. There has been significant public opinion to change the GULAG clauses in the draft resolution.

Show me proof and I shall relent.
This ensues

Soviet Asian States
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Asian States » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Show me proof and I shall relent.

http://imgur.com/VtyIQ2o

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates