NATION

PASSWORD

Children of Gigas (Open interest building)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Children of Gigas (Open interest building)

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:42 pm

The Children of Gigas (A Speculative Science Fiction Role Play)

Gigas, established over 4000 years ago by a private colonization vessel on a far off world- Gigas is in it's own regard a utopia. Every Child of Gigas, as it's citizens are known, is a member of one Paragon Genome determined at birth. Each Paragon Type is geared towards a certain role in society; they are pleased with what they do, and never think of being anything but their Paragon. Giga is governed by Mother Mind (also known as Giga); a bio-electronic computer responsible for the welfare of all it's children; for it's Giga who molds them.

All the structures, tools, and clothing of Giga is created from a plastic or synthetic material of which Giga produces though manned factories and plants in the colony's capital; Giga City.

You where born here and have come into your early teens; 13 is a great year to be alive- the year you can finally begin apprenticing for your role in society. You can hardly wait for the chance to show what you've got; even if you'll need some training. Thankfully you have your friends to support you!

Paragons
When you where merely a fertilized egg you where removed from your biological mother and taken into the care of Giga. Giga judged you worthy, and cleansed you of imperfections. She read your essence, and delivered you to your biological parents who have tended you. You love them dearly, and one day you will live up to their example- performing your role in a way that makes them proud, and Giga proud as well.
  • Admins: While Giga guides operations in Giga, it is Administrators who organize the carrying out civil management.
  • Judicars: The law keepers, who see to it that the laws of the founders are followed. They once worked closely with the Preatorians before the Preatorian Paragon was phased out when Crime became none existent. Now the Judicars role is encourage others to for fill their role in the society of Giga, and continue to spread word of the founders on into the next generations.
  • Instructors: Instructors are a teaching Paragon with a desire to expand their own knowledge, and share it. They work in Academia, and also serve the role of scientists.
  • Medimores: The Doctors, healers, and vets of Giga- Medimores have a natural concern for all life, and are known for having excellent bed side manners.
  • Constructors: Constructors build things out of the plastic pre-frab kits from the factories of Giga. They typically wear orange as it's their color of pride, and some Constructors are creative enough to bring new designs to Giga's attention.
  • Imaginex: The writers, illustrators, painters, and fashionists of Giga. Imaginex are happy bringing what they envision into a form they can share with others; from stories, and pictures, to sculptures.

Summary:
What would life be in this society? That is the speculative exploration we shall go on. A world of plastic pre-built housing, a healthy ecology, good people, no crime, and a genetically tuned caste system? Paragons may not breed outside their type, but I"m sure that isn't a problem :D They can still be friends, and no one wants to disappoint Giga.

RP Members
Everyone though discussion shall have a say in this RP. We are looking for two other members. If you want to join us give some insight- speculate on the setting; and let us see what you can contribute.
Harbertia
Islamic Republic e Jariri
TriStates
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:44 pm

We should discuss what the paragon types are. As we do need one for the factories; and farmers/gardeners. I imagine our character will know each other at the start of the RP.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:00 pm

Tag. Do you think we should recruit more players?

Most of the Paragon Genome categories do seem to fit in with all aspects of a society

Military, economy, law and government (should these be separate?), food, energy and technology (industry, science and medicine), art and spirituality...
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Tag. Do you think we should recruit more players?

Most of the Paragon Genome categories do seem to fit in with all aspects of a society

Military, economy, law and government (should these be separate?), food, energy and technology (industry, science and medicine), art and spirituality...

hmm... you do ask a good question. Admins are currently government officials, Judicars are judges, and the Preator where the police before line was discontinued (aspects of use in the other paragons where phased into them- a kind of breed out of existence type of deal which is the only time the paragons can breed together) at least- that's what I currently imagine :/ Sure they could just have been forbidden from breeding, but the idea of some material being recycled seemed positive in comparison- genetic diversity being essential to a species's survival.

No enemies exist, so no military exists- we do need a food related line, industrial line, and economic line.

I think government and law should be seperate so that the Admins can be kept in check by the Judicars.
Tomorrow is made today.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:50 am

Popping in. Thanks for the link.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:10 am

TriStates wrote:Popping in. Thanks for the link.

So far this doesn't seem to be generating much discussion nor attracting attention.
Tomorrow is made today.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:55 am

Harbertia wrote:
TriStates wrote:Popping in. Thanks for the link.

So far this doesn't seem to be generating much discussion nor attracting attention.

I think that may be due to some elements in the OP page. The lack of central story (everyday life one day at a time is too general) or further lore into the world Gigas might be off putting to potential players. Some development in those areas, as well as active advertising of the RP, might generate that interest you're looking for.

And if it doesn't, we do have three players, which is still enough for a good RP should everyone keep their interest.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:37 pm

TriStates wrote:
Harbertia wrote:So far this doesn't seem to be generating much discussion nor attracting attention.

I think that may be due to some elements in the OP page. The lack of central story (everyday life one day at a time is too general) or further lore into the world Gigas might be off putting to potential players. Some development in those areas, as well as active advertising of the RP, might generate that interest you're looking for.

And if it doesn't, we do have three players, which is still enough for a good RP should everyone keep their interest.

*finds motivation*

Alright- Then we shall need a central Story- which means we'll need characters. Like I said, we need these characters to already know each other.

I'll likely play a Medimore who will be going into veterinary studies. He'll be brown haired, blue eyed, and have a Hindi completion. Enri will be his name. Enri the 13 year old Medimore.

What of you? What will your character be?
Tomorrow is made today.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Either a by-the-book, alles en ordung Judicar, or a rebel-with-a-cause, well-meaning Imaginex.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:10 pm

TriStates wrote:Either a by-the-book, alles en ordung Judicar, or a rebel-with-a-cause, well-meaning Imaginex.

I'll be dropping this RP if anyone want's to use aspects concept they are free to do so. See it as freely given inspiration.
Tomorrow is made today.

The Clockwork Cities
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Clockwork Cities » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:43 pm

I might as well give it a shot.
"If those who seek to prevent out glorious quest mobilise, they will have to endure the trials we did! There sanity will break before they can harm us! Their blood will paint the white snow a crimson taint! We safe here! In this land, where tyrants cannot touch!" - The First Overseer

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse