NATION

PASSWORD

A Cold Galaxy (OOC/FT/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

A Cold Galaxy (OOC/FT/OPEN)

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:35 pm

A Cold Galaxy

IC Link

Mankind was once united, in mind and body. In those days of the long past, the whole of humanity was contained to a single world - Earth. Earth was our homeworld, the place where we were born, aged, and where many met their ends. Life on Earth was no paradise, even at the height of Human Civilization on its surface. Wars were as common as they are now, there were more poor than rich, and we still combed it's surface for any resources. It was far from ideal and one could argue that the standard of living is much higher now than it was back then, but I digress. Our Homeworld was the only world that we inhabited for the first 10,000 years of civilization. It was in our 11th Millennium of existence that we became something more than just a one world species. Our ancestors began to settle the worlds and moons of their home system, spreading out like they did from the continent where they evolved. By the 12th Millennium, our home solar system was overpopulated and had run out of easily accessible resources. Panic ensued when this was realized. The nations that claimed authority over portions of Earth and of the Solar System began to infight and cannibalize each other, until only a handful of hyper-nations were left. They were able the coexist, until the Solar System was completely exhausted of most resources.

This began the Last Great War. Records from this time are scant, but they paint a apocalyptic picture - rationing was a way of life, superweapons fell from the sky nightly, scarring the land black and burning away it's people. Each world was it's own front, any resources left were stripped from the surface, and the people were either conscripted or, if they were valuable enough, taken to a temporary safe-zone. The War itself was the most brutal affair ever recorded. Conservative estimates place combat casualties in the hundreds of millions. Every scrap of land was fought for tooth-and-nail, down to the last man. Massive machines of war - Wonder Weapons - were deployed to shorten the war, but they only succeeded in inspiring other Wonder Weapons. Even when troops succeeded in securing a battlefield, their progress was moot, as some other front had been met with total defeat.

The Last Great War seemed to drag on forever and became a full century of death, destruction, and carnage. After this century of war, Humanity fully collapsed. All the resources that would sustain a state were gone in any measurable way, the worlds of the Solar System lay black and brown from the battles that were fought, and over a billion had died. All that was left was despair, depression, death, and rapidly deteriorating High-Tech. But, out of this seemingly hopeless situation arose an escape - quite literally I might add. In the early days of space exploration, writers and scientists alike dreamed of a cosmos that was full of life, and Humanity was to have more than just the solar system, colonizing other worlds faster than the speed of light. While those dreams had long been simple ponderings or projects that were not taken seriously, they gained new meaning in the Post-Great War world. The remaining states focused on escaping the dying Solar system as fast as possible, with as many people as possible. They employed anyone with a suitable degree and an imagination to work upon Humanity's Salvation, and many outlandish projects got the green-light and bore no fruit, but in the end, Humanity's desperate plan to flee the system worked - many times in fact. The synthesis of the first Exotics, which allowed theoretical FTL drives to actually function. Before human civilization fully collapsed in our home system, thousands of the "Salvation Shuttles" had departed for systems with worlds that were compatible with Humanity's biology.

When these ships landed on their new worlds, they found vastly different forms of life and vastly different climates, but Humanity was able to adapt. Many worlds were forced into genetic modification to survive the conditions upon their worlds, changing the base human form into something new and different. On these worlds, the descendants of humanity were born, still related to "mainline" humans, but in most cases different enough to be considered a different species. During this period of human colonization of the Galaxy, we also received that answer to the oldest question - Are we alone?

While the "Salvation Shuttles" were en route to their respective worlds, they heard only the transmissions from other shuttles. No garbled signs of non-human intelligence, and when the shuttles landed, no signs of intelligent life. We were - and are - alone. Since then, a few ruins and fossilized tools have been found, but they are dated thousands to millions of years in the past. It seems that the theorized "Great Barrier" to intelligent life was far in humanity's past, around the time when super-weapons were first discovered.

Most took no notice to this, the discovery that we were alone was something minor to most, who were more focused upon developing their communities and planets than wondering why we were lucky to escape extinction. These people would lay the foundations for the present day Galactic Community, for they labored in the fields and mines and factories so that their children did not have to. Much of humanity's progress had been reduced to datalogs aboard the Shuttles and the settlers of these worlds had to essentially begin again, starting from simple agrarian settlements and developing into the high-tech society we have today over generations.

As the worlds developed into an age where they could again they could leave their worlds, Humanity began to expand as it did previously, through colonization, war, and diplomacy. The once far-flung colonies of Humanity developed into nations in their own right - some greater than others. Three have risen to the status of Galactic Power, and it is the disputes and conflicts of these three powers that define our time. Hopefully we have grown out of our past of destruction, and the War of Our Time will not devastate like the Last Great War did.

Basically Humanity expanded into the Solar System, fought a massive war when resources ran low, and that war ended with everyone running out of the resources to make war. Then, everyone not dead escaped to the stars with FTL. Now we are following the tale of the colonies, after they have risen to above their former height.

Hello and Welcome to A Cold Galaxy, a Future-Tech Nation/Faction RP about a Cold War IN SPACE!

Now, before we get to the apps, I'd like to give you some info on the setting, 'cause I'd rather not just have people guessing about everything

Technology

Now, technology in general is a lot more advanced than nowadays, but since you probably don't want to hear about the intricate details of a dishwasher two thousand years from now, I'll just give you the rundown of what is probably going to be most important.

Exotics are a catch-all term for the various forms of Exotic Matter that form the basis for essentially all technology in the Galaxy. They allow the functioning of FTL drives, allow power to circulate quickly in systems large and small, and form the circuits themselves in many devices. It is extremely rare in its raw pure form, and the only way to obtain the raw Exotics involves flying dangerously close to black holes. Because most sane people don't make a living out of diving into Black Holes, the main way of obtaining Exotics is synthesis via Fusion reactor.

The Exotics are produced when the raw heavy "Exotic Base" elements are introduced into a fusion reaction, which yields Exotics of differing types, depending upon which element was introduced. These "Exotic Base" elements are in high demand, but no one can find a large enough supply to sate this demand.

The availability of raw Exotic Base elements corresponds to the distance from the Galactic Core, with the Core holding the most, and the Outer Arms holding the least, but these raw elements are most often mixed with other metals in the Core, and refining is a newly developing science that is still very expensive.

The field of Robotics was one that those in power were more than happy to promote. Since the discovery of Exotics, the field has made leaps and bounds. Most factories employ fully automated production equipment and much of on-world logistics is handled automatically.

Outside of production, the other major field that robots are involved in is the military. Automated drones provide scouting information and fire-support for the troops on the ground. Other drones carry supplies from the base camp to the squads on the front lines.

And in some armies, squads of humans are replaced by squads of linked robots. These robots aren't autonomous, however, and are controlled by one operator back at base.

The basic FTL drive is standard across all of the Galaxy. It is essentially an Alcubierre Drive, which expands and contracts space-time to produce the desired effect - Faster than Light travel. The drive is not perfect, however, and if a gravitational field is strong enough, the drive cannot expand and contract spacetime enough to travel faster than light. Because of this, many of the systems in the Galaxy - most notably those with a red giant or similarly massive star - are unable to be effectively colonized.

Galaxy Map

Nations

Great Power #1: Vandulian Hierarchy

Great Power #2: The Dominion of the Soul

Great Power #3: The Omospondia

Secondary Powers:

Groups

Laws of the UNIVERSE!
  • The Laws of Physics still apply. Please make everything at least plausible with current-day understandings of the universe. If you don't know if something is plausible or not, ask the OP/Co-OPs.
  • Know where your assets are coming from, and be able to walk through the process of mustering your ships or developing your technology instead of just pulling it out of your arse at a moment's notice.
  • Discuss your actions with your fellow players. But don't meta-game.
  • It's alright to lose. The galaxy is a big place, and if you get conquered you can either re-apply, or continue as a rebel movement.

Recommended Reading

The Nation Application

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
=====================

[b][i][u]Basic Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Flag/National Emblem:[/b]
[b]Territory:[/b]  (Edit the map, or give me a good description.)
[b]Capital World and City:[/b] (If applicable)
=====================

[b][i][u]Military Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Military Doctrine:[/b] (What tactics does your military use when in combat? What kind of unit does it prioritize?)
[b]Peacetime Personnel Size :[/b]
[b]Wartime Personnel Size :[/b] (Peacetime + Mobilization)
[b]# Of Spaceships:[/b]
[b]Spaceship Classes:[/b]
[b]Primary Personal Weapon:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Designation:[/b]
======================

[u][i][b]Economy Info[/b][/i][/u]
[b]Description:[/b]
======================

[i][u][b]Government Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Description of Government:[/b]
[b]Head of State:[/b]
[b]Head of Government:[/b]
[b]Upper House of Legislature:[/b]
[b]Lower House of Legislature:[/b]
[b]Ruling Political Party:[/b] (If applicable)
[b]Major Political Parties:[/b] (If applicable)
======================

[i][u][b]Additional Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Culture:[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b]
[b]RP Sample/Example:[/b]

429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

Non-State Actor Application (For corporations/raider groups/traders/etc.)
Code: Select all
[b]Group Name:[/b]
=====================

[b][i][u]Basic Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Population:[/b] (Number of people in the group.)
[b]Flag/National Emblem:[/b]
[b]Operation Area:[/b]  (Give me a good description.)
[b]Capital World and City:[/b] (If applicable)
=====================

[i][u][b]Organization Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]Organization Type:[/b]
[b]Description of Organization:[/b]
[b]Head of Organization:[/b]
====================

[b][i][u]Military Info[/u][/i][/b]
[b]Military Doctrine:[/b] (What tactics does your group use when in combat?)
[b]Personnel Size :[/b]
[b]# Of Spaceships:[/b]
[b]Spaceship Classes:[/b]
[b]Primary Personal Weapon:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Star Ship Designation:[/b]
======================

[u][i][b]Economy Info[/b][/i][/u]
[b]Description:[/b]
======================

[i][u][b]Additional Info[/b][/u][/i]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Goals:[/b]
[b]Notes:[/b]
[b]RP Sample/Example:[/b]
Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 10 times in total.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Good to see that this is back. Also, I'll be applying for one of the Great Power positions.

Nation Name: Vandulian Hierarchy
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 82,000,000,000
Flag/National Emblem: http://www.fahnenversand.de/fotw/images/f/fictsaor.gif
Territory: Galactic "west" portion of the Scuntum-Centaurus Arm
Capital World and City: Capital District, Vandular
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: The Vandulian Military prefers to use a divide and conquer strategy; the Vandulian forces are divided up into smaller units and tasked with isolating the enemy and destroying them one by one. The military prefers to not engage the enemy head on with a large amount of forces, unless necessary. Nevertheless, Vandulian admirals can at times become very arrogant and make poor choices, which has cost the Vandulians several times throughout the Hierarchy's history.

The Vandulians are also experts at logistics. The Vandulians believe that even if you have the biggest and baddest weapons, they will be useless if they run out of ammunition; your soldiers may also be pretty good, but they will have a hard time fighting if they are starving to death. Thus, the Vandulians have put a lot of effort in ensuring that their armies and fleets are well supplied.
Peacetime Personnel Size : 4 billion
Wartime Personnel Size : Depends on how well the war is going, and if the Lords believe that it is necessary to implement conscription. If the Hierarchy is on the verge of total annihilation, then as much as 25% of the population (around 20 billion people) could be drafted into civilian militias.
# Of Spaceships: 54,200
Spaceship Classes:
-Fighters, bombers, interceptors
-Corvettes
-Frigates
-Destroyers
-Battlecruisers
-Carriers
-Leviathans
-Dreadnoughts
Primary Personal Weapon: The primary weapon of the Vandulian Army is the S1 "Bullseye" Laser Rifle.
Star Ship Weaponry: Star ship weaponry is divided into two classes- kinetic and energy. Kinetic weapons include railguns, missile launchers, rocket pods, and other pulse weaponry. Energy weapons include laser cannons, point-defense energy cannons, and plasma cannons.
Star Ship Designation: Starship designations are given in the form of codes, which are often a string of letters and numbers and not easy to remember. Vandulians do not have a custom of naming their ships; however, a ship can be given an unofficial nickname by its crew.
======================

Economy Info
Description: The Hierarchy has a capitalist economy, but it is regulated by the government in order to prevent corporations from having too much power. Nevertheless, defense contractors have managed to bypass these regulations, due to the massive military-industrial complex present in the Hierarchy.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Hierarchical Meritocracy
Description of Government: The Lords (the highest ranking tier in Vandulian society) control the government. They convene and vote on important national issues and make sure the nation continues to function properly. The leader of this tier is the Overlord, which is a Lord that is promoted every 10 years to this position based on the current line of succession. The Lords function as the legislative and executive branch, while the Court of Merit controls the judicial branch.
Head of State: Overlord Vashua Sorvisi
Head of Government: The Lords
Upper House of Legislature: The Lords
Lower House of Legislature: N/A
Ruling Political Party: N/A
Major Political Parties: N/A
======================

Additional Info
History:
After the Last Great War ended, several Salvation Shuttles filled with humans fled to the Scuntum-Centaurus Army. The colonists landed on an Earth-like planet which would be known as Vandular. They adapted to the environment of the planet, and eventually formed their own nations on the planet. The Vandulians rapidly advanced in technology and soon began sending spaceships to other worlds in their solar system.

After a series of internal conflicts known as the Unification Wars, the Vandulians were finally united under what is known as the Vandulian Hierarchy. By this time, overpopulation and dwindling resources on their homeworld of Vandular had forced the Vandulians to build colonies on the other uninhabited planets in their solar system. The next big leap was the discovery of the warp drive; after decades of research, Vandulian scientists had finally made a breakthrough, which allowed the Hierarchy to expand to other solar systems and colonize knew worlds. The Vandulians expanded aggressively, eventually reaching a planet called Korosh. Korosh contained humans, known as the Golorians, that had also left the solar system, and they too had developed their own civilization. After a failed attempt to establish relations with the Golorians, both factions fought each other in the 1st Vandul-Golor War. The war was small, only involving a few skirmishes, and both sides eventually signed a peace treaty after just a few months of fighting. Peace lasted for 25 years, until the 2nd Vandu-Golor War began. The Golorians had been using the intermission between the two wars to their advantage by building up their military to incredible levels. The peace treaty was nothing but a facade; they still had a strong desire to conquer the Vandulians. Thus, when the Vandulians lest expected it, the Golorians began an offensive into the heart of the Hierarchy. The Vandulian Military, although unprepared, put up an incredible fight, resulting in the Golorians taking immense casualties. The Golorians reached Vandular itself, resulting in the what is known as the Bloodbath of Vandular; both sides suffered catastrophic amounts of casualties, and millions of Vandulians on the surface of the planet were killed by Golorian orbital bombardments. Nevertheless, the Golorian forces were so crippled by the battle that they were forced to retreat. The Vandulians took advantage of this and chased the Golorians down, winning several more battles until the Golorians finally surrendered. The Vandulians imposed harsh punishments on the Golorians, forcing them to pay war reparations and limiting the size of their military. As the Vandulians rebuilt much of their territory that had been devastated by the war, Golorian society crumbled. Eventually, the Golorians went bankrupt and could no longer pay the reparations. The Vandulians, angered by this, decided to finish off the Golorians once and for all in the 3rd Vandul-Golor War. The Golorians put up a good fight, but could no longer compete with the large military of the Vandulians. The Golorians were defeated within 2 years, and as much as 50% of their population was wiped out during the war. The remaining Golorians and all of the territory they controlled were annexed into the Vandul Systems.

The three wars with the Golorians had permanently left a mark on Vandulian society. The wars had caused immense destruction, and it took decades to rebuild. The wars had made the Vandulians very militaristic and had evolved the hierarchical system that is seen in present day. Millions of Vandulians lost their lives in the wars, and recovery was extensive. However, tight government regulation of resources during these wars resulted in the black market coming to prominence, and with it, criminal syndicates. These have become a major problem for the government. The addition of the Golorians to the Hierarchy has caused problems in the lower tiers of society, as Golorians and Vandulians are trying to compete for jobs. The Golorians are also heavily discriminated against, which has resulted in riots.
Culture: The faction is a hierarchical meritocracy. Citizens in the hierarchy advance through society only through their merit, or their intellectual talent/ability. High-ranking citizens are expected to lead and protect their subordinates, while low-ranking citizens are expected to obey their superiors; should a problem arise in this area, it will be dealt with by the Court of Merit. After going to a lower level school for the first several years of their life (generally until age 16), citizens start off by serving the state in the lowest “tiers” of society, such as by being a soldier, sanitation worker, factory worker, etc. After serving the state for some years, the citizen is then given the option of going to a higher level school (similar to a college or university) to further develop their skills. From there, promotion to higher tiers depends on numerous factors, such as how one did in their higher level school, the classes they took in the school, their performance when they served the state, etc. Getting promoted to higher tiers is very difficult, and as a result, very few citizens reach the highest tiers. A common way to get promoted is to go through the military. The highest tier in the Hierarchy are the Lords, who rule the entire nation.

Notes:
RP Sample/Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23154019#p23154019
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:04 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Good to see that this is back. Also, I'll be applying for one of the Great Power positions.

Nation Name: Vandulian Hierarchy
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 77,000,000,000
Flag/National Emblem: http://www.fahnenversand.de/fotw/images/f/fictsaor.gif
Territory: Galactic "west" portion of the Scuntum-Centaurus Arm
Capital World and City: Capital District, Vandular
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: The Vandulian Military prefers to use a divide and conquer strategy; the Vandulian forces are divided up into smaller units and tasked with isolating the enemy and destroying them one by one. The military prefers to not engage the enemy head on with a large amount of forces, unless necessary. Nevertheless, Vandulian admirals can at times become very arrogant and make poor choices, which has cost the Vandulians several times throughout the Hierarchy's history.

The Vandulians are also experts at logistics. The Vandulians believe that even if you have the biggest and baddest weapons, they will be useless if they run out of ammunition; your soldiers may also be pretty good, but they will have a hard time fighting if they are starving to death. Thus, the Vandulians have put a lot of effort in ensuring that their armies and fleets are well supplied.
Peacetime Personnel Size : 4 billion
Wartime Personnel Size : Depends on how well the war is going, and if the Lords believe that it is necessary to implement conscription. If the Hierarchy is on the verge of total annihilation, then as much as 25% of the population (around 19 billion people) could be drafted into civilian militias.
# Of Spaceships: 54,200
Spaceship Classes:
-Fighters, bombers, interceptors
-Corvettes
-Frigates
-Destroyers
-Battlecruisers
-Carriers
-Leviathans
-Dreadnoughts
Primary Personal Weapon: The primary weapon of the Vandulian Army is the S1 "Bullseye" Laser Rifle.
Star Ship Weaponry: Star ship weaponry is divided into two classes- kinetic and energy. Kinetic weapons include railguns, missile launchers, rocket pods, and other pulse weaponry. Energy weapons include laser cannons, point-defense energy cannons, and plasma cannons.
Star Ship Designation: Starship designations are given in the form of codes, which are often a string of letters and numbers and not easy to remember. Vandulians do not have a custom of naming their ships; however, a ship can be given an unofficial nickname by its crew.
======================

Economy Info
Description: The Hierarchy has a capitalist economy, but it is regulated by the government in order to prevent corporations from having too much power. Nevertheless, defense contractors have managed to bypass these regulations, due to the massive military-industrial complex present in the Hierarchy.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Hierarchical Meritocracy
Description of Government: The Lords (the highest ranking tier in Vandulian society) control the government. They convene and vote on important national issues and make sure the nation continues to function properly. The leader of this tier is the Overlord, which is a Lord that is promoted every 10 years to this position based on the current line of succession. The Lords function as the legislative and executive branch, while the Court of Merit controls the judicial branch.
Head of State: Overlord Vashua Sorvisi
Head of Government: The Lords
Upper House of Legislature: The Lords
======================

Additional Info
History:
After the Last Great War ended, several Salvation Shuttles filled with humans fled to the Scuntum-Centaurus Army. The colonists landed on an Earth-like planet which would be known as Vandular. They adapted to the environment of the planet, and eventually formed their own nations on the planet. The Vandulians rapidly advanced in technology and soon began sending spaceships to other worlds in their solar system.

After a series of internal conflicts known as the Unification Wars, the Vandulians were finally united under what is known as the Vandulian Hierarchy. By this time, overpopulation and dwindling resources on their homeworld of Vandular had forced the Vandulians to build colonies on the other uninhabited planets in their solar system. The next big leap was the discovery of the warp drive; after decades of research, Vandulian scientists had finally made a breakthrough, which allowed the Hierarchy to expand to other solar systems and colonize knew worlds. The Vandulians expanded aggressively, eventually reaching a planet called Korosh. Korosh contained humans, known as the Golorians, that had also left the solar system, and they too had developed their own civilization. After a failed attempt to establish relations with the Golorians, both factions fought each other in the 1st Vandul-Golor War. The war was small, only involving a few skirmishes, and both sides eventually signed a peace treaty after just a few months of fighting. Peace lasted for 25 years, until the 2nd Vandu-Golor War began. The Golorians had been using the intermission between the two wars to their advantage by building up their military to incredible levels. The peace treaty was nothing but a facade; they still had a strong desire to conquer the Vandulians. Thus, when the Vandulians lest expected it, the Golorians began an offensive into the heart of the Hierarchy. The Vandulian Military, although unprepared, put up an incredible fight, resulting in the Golorians taking immense casualties. The Golorians reached Vandular itself, resulting in the what is known as the Bloodbath of Vandular; both sides suffered catastrophic amounts of casualties, and millions of Vandulians on the surface of the planet were killed by Golorian orbital bombardments. Nevertheless, the Golorian forces were so crippled by the battle that they were forced to retreat. The Vandulians took advantage of this and chased the Golorians down, winning several more battles until the Golorians finally surrendered. The Vandulians imposed harsh punishments on the Golorians, forcing them to pay war reparations and limiting the size of their military. As the Vandulians rebuilt much of their territory that had been devastated by the war, Golorian society crumbled. Eventually, the Golorians went bankrupt and could no longer pay the reparations. The Vandulians, angered by this, decided to finish off the Golorians once and for all in the 3rd Vandul-Golor War. The Golorians put up a good fight, but could no longer compete with the large military of the Vandulians. The Golorians were defeated within 2 years, and as much as 50% of their population was wiped out during the war. The remaining Golorians and all of the territory they controlled were annexed into the Vandul Systems.

The three wars with the Golorians had permanently left a mark on Vandulian society. The wars had caused immense destruction, and it took decades to rebuild. The wars had made the Vandulians very militaristic and had evolved the hierarchical system that is seen in present day. Millions of Vandulians lost their lives in the wars, and recovery was extensive. However, tight government regulation of resources during these wars resulted in the black market coming to prominence, and with it, criminal syndicates. These have become a major problem for the government. The addition of the Golorians to the Hierarchy has caused problems in the lower tiers of society, as Golorians and Vandulians are trying to compete for jobs. The Golorians are also heavily discriminated against, which has resulted in riots.
Culture: The faction is a hierarchical meritocracy. Citizens in the hierarchy advance through society only through their merit, or their intellectual talent/ability. High-ranking citizens are expected to lead and protect their subordinates, while low-ranking citizens are expected to obey their superiors; should a problem arise in this area, it will be dealt with by the Court of Merit. After going to a lower level school for the first several years of their life (generally until age 16), citizens start off by serving the state in the lowest “tiers” of society, such as by being a soldier, sanitation worker, factory worker, etc. After serving the state for some years, the citizen is then given the option of going to a higher level school (similar to a college or university) to further develop their skills. From there, promotion to higher tiers depends on numerous factors, such as how one did in their higher level school, the classes they took in the school, their performance when they served the state, etc. Getting promoted to higher tiers is very difficult, and as a result, very few citizens reach the highest tiers. A common way to get promoted is to go through the military. The highest tier in the Hierarchy are the Lords, who rule the entire nation.

Citizens enjoy large amounts of freedom- nothing is forbidden, so as long as it does not interfere with one’s ability to do their task’s or interfere with someone else’s ability to do their tasks. As an example, there are no laws prohibiting drug use, but if it interferes with one’s ability to do their tasks, then it becomes a problem. Likewise, stealing is not allowed because it interferes with a merchant’s ability to sell goods to their customers.
Notes:
RP Sample/Example: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=23154019#p23154019

Accepted, of course.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Actan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Actan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:14 pm

I had an old nation that was part of this RP. I was part of it until it died, and I was forced off NS because of medical reasons. I got better though.

Anyway I had the "Dominion of the Soul" app. I'm gonna repost it, maybe have it be a great power?

oof, it looks like the old app was deleted in the old thread. Need to make it from scratch.
Last edited by Actan on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Republicanism, Capitalism, Federalism, Parliamentary Governance, Humanism, Secularism, Constitutionalism, Gender Equality, Liberalism, Interventionism, and Moderate Nationalism.
Against: Authoritarianism, Conservatism, Socialism, Communism, Fascism, Totalitarianism, Fundamentalism, Bolshevism, Nazism, Imperialism, Isolationism, Lassez-faire Capitalism, Libertarianism, Anarchism and Monarchism.

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Glad this has made a reappearance. I'll just recycle my Ateru Confederacy app if that's alright. I'll post it later tonight after I dig it out of the old thread.
Obligatory pros and antis:
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Unapologetic Elder Scrolls Fanatic
HAIL NEREVAR, PRAISE THE HORTATOR

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

Actan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Actan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Mesrane wrote:Glad this has made a reappearance. I'll just recycle my Ateru Confederacy app if that's alright. I'll post it later tonight after I dig it out of the old thread.

Can you find the first OOC one? I found the second but I can't find the first.
Pro: Republicanism, Capitalism, Federalism, Parliamentary Governance, Humanism, Secularism, Constitutionalism, Gender Equality, Liberalism, Interventionism, and Moderate Nationalism.
Against: Authoritarianism, Conservatism, Socialism, Communism, Fascism, Totalitarianism, Fundamentalism, Bolshevism, Nazism, Imperialism, Isolationism, Lassez-faire Capitalism, Libertarianism, Anarchism and Monarchism.

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Actan wrote:
Mesrane wrote:Glad this has made a reappearance. I'll just recycle my Ateru Confederacy app if that's alright. I'll post it later tonight after I dig it out of the old thread.

Can you find the first OOC one? I found the second but I can't find the first.

Sure thing.

First OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=338924&hilit=Ateru

Second OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=340421
Last edited by Mesrane on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Libertarianism, Protestantism, Gay Rights, 2nd Amendment, Scottish and Welsh Independence, Free Market
Anti: Communism, Socialism, General Authoritarianism, Welfare State, Feminism, EU, Controlled Economy, Gun Control, Justin Bieber, Utter Ridiculousness

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

Actan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Actan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Mesrane wrote:
Actan wrote:Can you find the first OOC one? I found the second but I can't find the first.

Sure thing.

Thanks. I think it might be deleted though.
EDIT: Thanks
Last edited by Actan on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Actan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Actan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:33 pm

Nation Name: The Dominion of the Soul
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 95 billion
Flag/National Emblem: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/ ... 5y9xv6.png
Territory: Northeast of the galactic core, in Delta quadrant, but west of the Scutum-Centaraus Arm. It is close to the core.
Capital World and City: Soul
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: Combined arms fire, focusing massive amounts of firepower on an enemy position before swarming them as quickly as possible. For this reason, technology, while appreciated, is only average compared to other nations. However, as their ships are quite cheaper, the focus on thrust allows them to quickly envelop the enemy from all angles and surround them in fire. Only the dreadnought-class Saviors have the latest in technology. As these brash and extreme tactics tend to require high morale, naval personnel are thoroughly indoctrinated with only the higher officers free from the wrath of the Inquisitors and political officers.
Peacetime Personnel Size :5 billion
Wartime Personnel Size : 12 billion normal war mobilization, much more if on the verge of eradication.
# Of Spaceships: 68,000
Spaceship Classes:
  • Savior Class Dreadnoughts: The fleet flagships, named after the prophet himself. Humongous and the house of tens of thousands of personnel, these behemoths are rare sights. When they show up however, the battle has grown truly titanic as the Dominus himself has probably ordered its arrival.
  • Liberator Class Battleships: The much more common flaghsips of medium to small sized fleets, they are the most likely to be seen outside of monumental engagements. Still, as battleships, they can stand toe-to-toe with most ships and pack the heaviest of firepower.
  • Puritan Class Cruisers: Essentially smaller battleships, these ships pack weaker firepower and armor than Liberators, but are extremely common. Due to the Domnion's focus on firepower, Cruisers are known for their abilities to swarm the enemy due to their fast thrust and maneuverability. They are the equivalent of front-line infantry and tanks, as they take the brunt of punishment and dish out a great deal as well.
  • Miracle Class Destroyers: The guardians of flagships and anti-fighter ships, these defenders come with loads of electronic countermeasures, anti-fighter weaponry, missile flak, and minesweepers. They are typically found in the periphery of the fight or aiding the advance of Puritans by fighting enemy long-range weaponry.
  • Justiciar Class Gunships: Weakly armored, but possessing incredibly long-range weapons and stealth technology, Justiciars sit far from the main fight as they fire round after round into key enemy ships and fortifications. They are crewed by highly skilled crack-shots.
  • Progenitor Class Carriers: Progenitors carry the fighters, bombers, and drones that the Dominion employs in a fight.
  • Damnation Class Artillery: These ships are never found in a ship-to-ship fighting, but instead found laying a planet to waste. Either aiding a ground invasion or, on order of the Dominus or one of their generals, destroying a planet. They are equipped with nuclear warheads, gas rounds, and the highly accurate kinetic weaponry.
  • Martyr Class Frigates: The weakest of the front-line ships, Martys either serve as en masse added firepower, or are loaded with explosives and driven by suicidal crewman into key ships. Martyrs making the ultimate sacrifice are extremely heavily armored but usually lack weaponry, as that is a waste of resources, space, and crew.
  • Ark Class Drop-ships: Ships designed for transporting ground forces into atmosphere. They posses special drop-pods for marine forces, as well as a massive hatch for conventional transportation to the surface. They can also bring fuel, equipment, food, water, and propaganda.
  • Retribution Class Bombers: Designed for anti-ship activity, due to their high casualty rate they are seen more as reusable torpedoes. Still, they serve a great purpose and can strike at specific sections of a ship with great skill. They are small enough to directly enter a planet's atmosphere and aid ground forces.
  • Guardian Class Fighters: These usually serve as anti-bomber tools, but can also descend along with Retribution Class bombers to aid planetary conquest.
Primary Personal Weapon: The DL-5 Dominion Assault Rifle. Not pictured, attachable scope.
Star Ship Weaponry: Kinetics(primary), missiles, and explosives.
Star Ship Designation: DSS
======================

Economy Info
Description: The economy is almost totally state-controlled - private enterprise is forbidden unless requested by the Dominus. This leads to pitiful inefficiency and a poor consumer market, as well as just average technological advancement, but it means great industrial production. While the private market would be able to run with greater efficiency and raise living standards, the current industry allows the Dominus to field great fleets to punish his enemies.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Totalitarian Theocracy
Description of Government: The nation is controlled by the single leader, the Dominus, who is selected by the Great Machine, a device created by the original Prophet, the Savior, with the intent on choosing an heir after his departure from the material world into the collective consciousness of mankind. The Dominus is in theory an absolute monarch with complete control over the entirety of the Dominion, but in practice, controlling the further away worlds is flat out impossible due to the nature of space-time, as well as simple distance. Therefore, upon his/her ascension into rule at the age of 17, the Dominus chooses an elite of his or her closest advisers to manage the outer realms and appoint their own governors. The Dominus typically has agents and reporters throughout these regions that report to him the loyalty of his governors.

No Dominus has an individual name. They are seen as the same person, the personification of humanity's will, and there is always one Dominus, thus no need for a name.

On the local level, the government is controlled by the clergy. Corporations and profit-focused enterprises do not exist - they are considered unholy, as only mankind may seek profit. Thus, they have no power in the governance of things. Nepotism too, is banned, stated as another of man's great evils, but is impossible to eliminate in practice.

Head of Government: The Dominus
Upper House of Legislature: The Chosen
======================

Additional Info
History:
The Dominion began with the ascent of the Savior, whose name is unknown, when he arrived in world distant from Earth fleeing the chaos and destruction. He, and his followers, had fled what was seen as decadence, decay, and sin as humanity spiraled into self-indulgent destruction. It was soon to be found that this man was the true Prophet of all mankind, the embodiment of its collective will and aspirations.

He built a society from the groundup - demanding his followers follow the edicts he laid down upon them with zealous devotion. As time went on, the heretics and betrayers were exposed, sinful fools incapable of salvation. The Savior, in his wisdom, created the Inquisition, to root out the heretics and execute them as an example to all others.

As the world's society developed, the Savior now knew that Earth was a lost cause, a den of unholy corruption. He saw the future of humanity - ascendance from its mortal self, from the animalistic bounds that kept it tethered to this dimension, and the unification of all souls into one. Then, he saw the opposite - mankind devolving into nothing more than apes, enjoying debauchery and biological pleasure rather than working for the common welfare. The Savior then chose it was the right time to enlighten his followers on their future - and named their planet Soul, after the only force man could rely upon.

Unfortunately, mankind is mortal. Until we ascend, every man must die, without exception. As the Savior grew older, he knew this. Creating the Great Machine, laboring for years on end, he poured his own essence into deciding who shall lead mankind on its great crusade into ascendance. This Great Machine would follow the Savior's will, and select a new Dominus, a Dominator of humanity to push for transcendence, after his death.

Now, the Dominion has reached the stars once again. Ready to spread the faith, to proliferate the teachings of Our Savior, the Dominion of the Soul now rules a vast expanse of systems.
Culture:
The general populace is at birth delegated to one of several castes. These castes are decided by models of the Great Machine, and children who do not qualify into one of these castes upon birth are mercifully killed. Reproduction is strictly controlled and non-state sanctioned sex is considered a sin. All children born are taken from their parents to the planetary schooling system, where they live until reaching graduation.

The castes are:
  • The Clergy: Leaders of the Dominion faith, they usually form up the government and administration. Those exceptionally skilled individuals will find themselves in positions of political power, and the Dominus is almost always chosen from the Clergy caste. They also form up the Inquisition, political officership, and military priests.
  • Crusaders: The Crusaders are skilled in either ground or space conflict. Physically fit, containing quick reflexes, and capable of great courage, the Crusaders form up the majority of the military and police forces. They are taught from an early age to fight and kill in the name of the Savior.
  • Emissaries: Cunning and clever, Emissaries concern themselves with the diplomatic affairs of the Dominion. They are also the traders who establish deals with outside empires for resources the Dominion is currently lacking. They are often the most unorthodox of the castes and where most of the heretic are usually found, and thus are untrusted.
  • Artisans: The largest group, the Artisans are the industrial proletariat and laity of the Dominion. They are the ones filling the factories, the farms, and the mines. They are the most indoctrinated and insulated group as they rarely travel away from Dominion territory as unsanctioned travel is forbidden. When crusaders cannot fill the requirements for a war due to numbers, Artisans may be drafted to fill up the gap.
  • Academia: The researchers are the engineers, scientists, and researchers of the Dominion. They form the forefront of scientific advancement and develop the Dominon's weaponry, ships, industrial equipment, and other needed fabrications. They are also found in the military as engineers an highly-specialized combat units.

Every member of society must follow Our Savior's teachings. Committing a sinful action is punishable by death. These include:
  • Gluttony: Every frivolous piece of food and drink that enters your mouth is one stolen from the mouth of the starving.
  • Lust: Non-state sanctioned reproduction or reproductive activities makes it difficult to meet quotas, leads to insurrection, spreads STDs, and distracts the faithful from the sacrifice for the greater good.
  • Greed: A hoarding of resources deprives those resources from the state and is directly stealing from Our Savior. One should have no more than they need to survive and function.
  • Wrath: Attacking another laity without provocation spreads heresy and distracts from the grand crusade. Public displays of hatred also distract the laity from what is important.
  • Envy: Revolting against one's superior is the epitome of selfishness and is one of the worst of crimes.
  • Sloth: An idle existence is a wasted one, one should not rest more than is needed.
  • Pride: The only pride one should feel is that of humanity's. Glory seeking, nepotism, and falsehoods are punishable by death.
Notes: Make sure to tell me if my numbers are too high, I couldn't find a top limit on population.
RP Sample/Example: viewtopic.php?p=24409643#p24409643

429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Actan on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mesrane
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mesrane » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Nation Name: Ateru Confederacy
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 38 Billion
Flag/National Emblem: http://i.imgur.com/IJxExMn.png
Territory: A goodly chunk from the middle of the Perseus Arm
Capital World and City: (If applicable) Atjora, Förstad
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: Both the Navy and the Army have undergone serious reform over the past century, as the nobility's grip on officer positions has eroded in favor of simple meritocracy regardless of birth. The revolution in the way officers are selected has also caused a change in tactics. Simple line formations involving bludgeoning advances have been trashed as tactics have evolved with the growing threat of the three great powers; ergo, the Navy adopted a more mobile doctrine whereby cruisers and stealth frigates assist carriers in flanking the enemy fleet, an unusual tactic known as "Heavy Pincering." Battleships will hold the center and trade fire with the enemy while drones swarm enemy fighters. Fighters and bombers, which would be concentrated in the carriers along the flanks, would also fight solely on the flanks, making deep cuts into the enemy and wreaking as much havoc as possible while the enemy's fighters are preoccupied with Äteru drones. Of course, many variations of this doctrine exist and it's not always used in the first place, but it's an interesting tactical quirk Äteru captains have up their sleeve. The Navy is entirely nationalized, as the Stajaavel has always considered it more important than the army and simply too important to be divided up among the Confederacy's many republics and earldoms . Conversely, the army reflects a semi-Yugoslav model where the official army is actually quite small, "only" 100 million men. Each constituent republic or earldom possesses their own defense force, a certain percentage of which (always subject to change) they are required to provide for the Confederacy's overall defense. In this way, a force of 100 million men can expand to nearly 600 million during wartime. It should be noted that soldiers serving in nation-specific defense forces receive exactly the same training and equipment as the official Army of the Confederacy, and are not inferior to soldiers of the latter army. The Confederacy has also been widely known to use paramilitary groups that exist entirely outside this structure in false-flag operations (sometimes supplanted with special forces) that allow the Confederacy to maintain plausible deniability.

Peacetime Personnel Size : 500 million
Wartime Personnel Size : (Peacetime + Mobilization) 1.7 billion
# Of Spaceships: 22,500 total

Spaceship Classes:
Odin-class Dreadnought
Tyr-class Heavy Carrier
Baldr A-class Carrier
Baldr B-class Carrier
Thor-class Heavy Battleship
Freyr-class Battleship
Frigg-class Battlecruiser
Hermóðr-class Cruiser
Ullr-class Destroyer
Gefjun-class Frigate
Loki-class Stealth Frigate
Sigyn-class Corvette
Volla-class Stealth Corvette
Bragi-class Gunship

Primary Personal Weapon: Type 41 Service Rifle, A Gauss rifle in use with the army, though the marines and various special forces units often utilize different main armaments.

Star Ship Weaponry: The Confederacy is all about missiles, using nuclear ones supplanted by turreted rail guns for long-range combat. Once the distance is closed, mainline combat ships will unleash relentless waves of faster, less bulky Valhalla missiles along with rockets and guided antimatter torpedoes in order to slowly wear down enemy shields. Lasers are typically only used as point-defense weapons except on the Frey-class battleships, which possess heavy laser weaponry. Rather than use cheap fighters, the Confederacy focuses on making their fighters high-quality pieces to be used selectively, usually not against enemy fighters. To combat enemy fighters, two classes of drones are deployed. One, the MBD series, are packed with missiles and lasers, designed to destroy as many fighters as fast as possible before they are taken down due to their light armor. The other class is simply multitudes of suicide drones, in which the focus is extreme speed and maneuverability in order to catch up to enemy fighters, latch on, and blow themselves up using embedded charges.

Star Ship Designation: ACN (Ateru Confederate Navy)
======================

Economy Info
Description: Economy: The Confederacy holds the free market in high regard. The decentralized nature of the government means that enforcing strong regulations would be impractical anyway. The lack of bounds on enterprise coupled with the dearth of welfare means that ease of doing business is a major plus for the Confederacy, but the truly destitute are quite likely to remain so for their entire lives. Still, manorialism among the nobility has declined greatly over the last several decades and serfdom is on the verge of being abolished by the Stajaavel, which means that a large portion of the destitute are about to be given a leg up by the elimination of their ties to any noble's estate.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Aristocratic Confederacy
Description of Government:
Head of State: Lord Protector Walder Karsjor
Head of Government: Arbroker Lautas Pohjahl
Upper House of Legislature: Lords Stajaavel
Lower House of Legislature: Commons Stajaavel
Ruling Political Party: (If applicable) Framsteg Coalition
Major Political Parties: (If applicable) Frihet, Möjorann Party, Omvandling Alliance, Vakt Party
======================

Additional Info
History:

Following the Last Great War, the desperate remains of the three Scandinavian peoples along with Finnish survivors took to the stars in a last bid to escape the hopelessness in Sol. After decades of wandering, the Scandinavian shuttles came across the barely-habitable world that they christened Ätjora, and made significantly more habitable with terraforming. From here, things took a darker turn, and the colonists became divided between several dozen states. The constant wars between these states created a powerful warrior class which essentially developed into the Äteru nobility. As states fell apart and dissolved from near perpetual war, wide swaths of the temperate planet fell into anarchy and refugees required protection from bandits and the like. Many members of this new soldier class, now stateless and without loyalties, offered to protect these refugees if they swore fealty to their protectors. The newly created nobility often settled down in these terra nullius and parceled out portions of their domains to their most capable lieutenants and captains. In turn, these lesser lords possessed a large amount of independence and were free to further parcel out their land to their captains, with everyone in this equation owing fealty to the lord at the top. The more enterprising refugees formed a merchant class, but the weakest among them became tied to the land and eventually were regarded as essentially serfs.

This was how Äteru history proceeded for several centuries, as independent Äteru nations expanded into the stars with similar but separate agendas and goals. Even though the wars on Ätjora subsided, manorialism and the societal supremacy of the nobility became a deeply entrenched facet of Äteru life. Additionally, Christianity became warped and combined with Norse customs in the decades after Ätjora was settled. There remained a single God, but Jesus was somehow supplanted by Odin and the remaining Norse gods became Odin's children and by extension the grandchildren of God, with mankind residing in the "fourth generation." Yggdrasil made a comeback, albeit with fewer realms. There was now only Asgard, where God and his children resided, Midgard, the mortal realm spread across the stars, Hel, where Satan punished the evil, and Niflheim, where Loki lives among the Frost Giants as a sort of scholar god, having lost much of his evil reputation over the centuries.

As the Äteru states expanded and as former colonies grew into nations in their own right, the Äteru had to forget their wars and combine their strength to defeat the Gora Dominion, a Slavic-derived empire that threatened to swallow up nation after nation one by one. After a decade of bitter war and several near-disasters, the Äteru triumphed at the Battle of Vendholm and sent the Dominion scurrying back to its core space. The Äteru seized many of Gora's colonies but were largely too war-weary to take the war to Gora. Fortunately for them, Gora crumbled under civil war shortly after the conclusion of the Äteru-Goran War, or the Great Stellar War as it is known in the Confederacy.

Realization that they would likely not survive another threat like Gora is what spawned the Confederacy. Many former colonies had become republics of former peasants free from feudalism, thus forming any kind of unitary government proved impossible considering the irreconcilable needs of the Jarls and republican politicians. Thus, only a Confederacy could possibly do to unite the Äteru people. After months of debate in the capital, this was deemed the ideal form of government and a constitution was soon ratified.

Now united, the Äteru expanded with renewed vigor, driven forward by an innovating free market. The Confederacy became a disorganized patchwork of states that nonetheless managed to get along-they had too, really, lest another Gora come along-and prosper together.

At least, until the Fyran Wars. The Finns, who had always been a minority in the Confederacy (then about 25% of the populace, now closer to 10%) had over the centuries developed several subcultures and regional clans that developed a fierce dislike of one another. The Fynni clan tensions exploded into ethnic war across a dozen planets. The conflict ignored political boundaries as the clans went at it in a terrible orgy of bloodletting that killed some ten million people in two years.

The Äteru majority could no longer sit back and watch with horror when the violence starting touching their communities, so the Army intervened and put a stop to the clan fighting. The Fynni rage then turned on the Äteru, which resulted in a new conflict that lasted four years and saw the death of twenty million, largely because of organized genocide used by both the Fynni clans and the Äteru Army. A peace was eventually stitched together, but low intensity fighting continued for another decade in what is considered a third conflict. All of these wars are grouped under the umbrella term 'Fyran Wars.' The third phase of low-intensity, asymmetrical war concluded just twenty-five years ago, and ethnic killings continue in some places today. The Fyran Wars had disastrous outcomes for the Fynni, as most of the civilian dead were Fynni which caused a big population drop among them. The Äteru rolled back their rights and made them second-class citizens, but have been careful not to antagonize them since.

Most of the ethnic tension has winded down over the past twenty-five years, and the regional economies affected have mostly recovered. The Fyran Wars also gave the Äteru Army considerable experience in guerrilla warfare, which they had to deal with for over a decade.

Now, the Confederacy has restored stability but looks outward at the shifting Galactic scene with anticipation and confidence for prospects of profit and power aplenty.

Culture: Ateru (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, with a mostly Swedish language) majority and small, second-class minority of Fynni (Space Finns).

Notes:
RP Sample/Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327226
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=336275&hilit=1821

Last edited by Mesrane on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chicago Cubs Fan. Yay?

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Tag!
5.)Total peace, no conflict, total harmony and no real need for military
4.)Heightened security, spying agencies pick up the effort a little
3.)Air and Space forces are prepared to mobilize within 15 minutes
2.)Entire military can deploy within 3 hours of command, some small conflicts may be happening.
1.)War has begun, parts of the military or entire military are actively fighting
0.)War has reached a peak, entire military is mobilized, nuclear warheads and other WMDs have been launched.

Current DEFCON: 4
THIS NATION IS FT/FFT/FanT. IT DOES NOT USE NS STATS.
Political war in Polaria 2: WON
Nomad War: WON
First Separatist War: WON
Second Separatist War: In progress
First Fascist War of Demalia: Withdrawn due to internal affairs

Proud Leader of the COD. TG for info!

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:41 pm

Hrmm.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Actan, I think our nations will end up being rivals. The Dominion would definitely be banned from spreading its religion in Vandulian Space.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Actan wrote:Nation Name: The Dominion of the Soul
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 95 billion
Flag/National Emblem: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/ ... 5y9xv6.png
Territory: Northeast of the galactic core, in Delta quadrant, but west of the Scutum-Centaraus Arm. It is close to the core.
Capital World and City: Soul
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: Combined arms fire, focusing massive amounts of firepower on an enemy position before swarming them as quickly as possible. For this reason, technology, while appreciated, is only average compared to other nations. However, as their ships are quite cheaper, the focus on thrust allows them to quickly envelop the enemy from all angles and surround them in fire. Only the dreadnought-class Saviors have the latest in technology. As these brash and extreme tactics tend to require high morale, naval personnel are thoroughly indoctrinated with only the higher officers free from the wrath of the Inquisitors and political officers.
Peacetime Personnel Size :5 billion
Wartime Personnel Size : 12 billion normal war mobilization, much more if on the verge of eradication.
# Of Spaceships: 68,000
Spaceship Classes:
  • Savior Class Dreadnoughts: The fleet flagships, named after the prophet himself. Humongous and the house of tens of thousands of personnel, these behemoths are rare sights. When they show up however, the battle has grown truly titanic as the Dominus himself has probably ordered its arrival.
  • Liberator Class Battleships: The much more common flaghsips of medium to small sized fleets, they are the most likely to be seen outside of monumental engagements. Still, as battleships, they can stand toe-to-toe with most ships and pack the heaviest of firepower.
  • Puritan Class Cruisers: Essentially smaller battleships, these ships pack weaker firepower and armor than Liberators, but are extremely common. Due to the Domnion's focus on firepower, Cruisers are known for their abilities to swarm the enemy due to their fast thrust and maneuverability. They are the equivalent of front-line infantry and tanks, as they take the brunt of punishment and dish out a great deal as well.
  • Miracle Class Destroyers: The guardians of flagships and anti-fighter ships, these defenders come with loads of electronic countermeasures, anti-fighter weaponry, missile flak, and minesweepers. They are typically found in the periphery of the fight or aiding the advance of Puritans by fighting enemy long-range weaponry.
  • Justiciar Class Gunships: Weakly armored, but possessing incredibly long-range weapons an stealth technology, Justiciars sit far from the main fight as they fire round after round into key enemy ships and fortifications. They are crewed by highly skilled crack-shots.
  • Progenitor Class Carriers: Progenitors carry the fighters, bombers, and drones that the Dominion employs in a fight.
  • Damnation Class Artillery: These ships are never found in a ship, but instead found laying a planet to waste. Either aiding a ground invasion or, on order of the Dominus or on of their generals, destroying a planet. They are equipped with nuclear warheads, gas rounds, and the highly accurate kinetic weaponry.
  • Martyr Class Frigates: The weakest of the front-line ships, Martys either serve as en masse added firepower, or are loaded with explosives and driven by suicidal crewman into key ships. martyrs making the ultimate sacrifice are extremely heavily armored but usually lack weaponry, as that is a waste of resources, space, and crew.
  • Ark Class Drop-ships: Ships designed for transporting ground forces into atmosphere. They posses special drop-pods for marine forces, as well as a massive hatch for conventional transportation to the surface. They can also bring fuel, equipment, food, water, and propaganda.
  • Retribution Class Bombers: Designed for anti-ship activity, due to their high casualty rate they are seen more as reusable torpedoes. Still, they serve a great purpose and can strike at specific sections of a ship with great skill. They are small enough to directly enter a planet's atmosphere and aid ground forces.
  • Guardian Class Fighters: These usually serve as anti-bomber tools, but can also descend along with Retribution Class bombers to aid planetary conquest.
Primary Personal Weapon:
Star Ship Weaponry: The DL-5 Dominion Assault Rifle. Not pictured, attachable scope.
Star Ship Designation: Kinetics(primary), missiles, and explosives.
======================

Economy Info
Description: The economy is almost totally state-controlled - private enterprise is forbidden unless requested by the Dominus. This leads to pitiful inefficiency and a poor consumer market, as well as just average technological advancement, but it means great industrial production. While the private market would be able to run run with greater efficiency and raise living standards, the current industry allows the Dominus to field great fleets to punish his enemies.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Totalitarian Theocracy
Description of Government: The nation is controlled by the single leader, the Dominus, who is selected by the Great Machine, a device created by the original Prophet, the Savior, with the intent on choosing an heir after his departure from the material world into the collective consciousness of mankind. The Dominus is in theory and absolute monarch with complete control over the entirety of the Dominion, but in practice, controlling the further away worlds is flat out impossible due to the nature of space-time, as well as simple distance. Therefore, upon his/her ascension into rule at the age of 17, the Dominus chooses an elite of his closest advisers to manage the outer realms and appoint their own governors. The Dominus typically has agents and reporters throughout these regions that report to him the loyalty of his governors.

No Dominus has an individual name. They are seen as the same person, the personification of humanity's will, and there is always one Dominus, thus no need for a name.

On the local level, the government is controlled by the clergy. Corporations and profit-focused enterprises do not exist - they are considered unholy, as only mankind may seek profit. Thus, they have no power in the governance of things. Nepotism too, is banned, stated as another of man's great evils, but is impossible to eliminate in practice.

Head of Government: The Dominus
Upper House of Legislature: The Chosen
======================

Additional Info
History:
The Dominion began with the ascent of the Savior, whose name is unknown, when he arrived in world distant from Earth fleeing the chaos and destruction. He, and his followers, had fled what was seen as decadence, decay, and sin as humanity spiraled into self-indulgent destruction. It was soon to be found that this man, was the true Prophet of all mankind, the embodiment of its collective will and aspirations.

He built a society from the groundup - demanding his followers follow the edicts he layed down upon them with zealous devotion. As time went on, the heretics and betrayers were exposed, sinful fools incapable of salvation The Savior, in his wisdom, created the Inquisition, to root out the heretics and execute them as an example to all others.

As the world's society developed, the Savior now knew that Earth was a lost cause, a den of unholy corruption. He saw the future of humanity - ascendance from its mortal self, from the animalistic bounds that kept it tethered to this dimension, and the unification of all souls into one. Then, he saw the opposite - mankind devolving into nothing more than apes, enjoying debauchery and biological pleasure rather than working for the common welfare. The Savior then chose it was the right time to enlighten his followers on their future - and named their planet Soul, after the only force man could rely upon.

Unfortunately, mankind is mortal. Until we ascend, every man must die, without exception. As the Savior grew older, he knew this. Creating the Great Machine, laboring for years on end, he poured his own essence into deciding who shall lead mankind on its great crusade into ascendance. This Great Machine would follow the Savior's will, and select a new Dominus, a Dominator of humanity to push for transcendence, after his death.

Now, the Dominion has reached the starts once again. Ready to spread the faith, to proliferate the teachings of Our Savior, the Dominion of the Soul has now rules a vast expanse of systems.
Culture:
The general populace is at birth delegated to one of several castes. These castes are decided by models of the Great Machine, and children who do not qualify into one of these castes upon birth are mercifully killed. Reproduction is strictly controlled and non-state sanctioned sex is considered a sin. All children born are taken from their parents to the planetary schooling system, where they live until reaching graduation.

The castes are:
  • The Clergy: Leaders of the Dominion faith, they usually form up the government and administration. Those exceptionally skilled individuals will find themselves in positions of political power, and the Dominus is almost always chosen from the Clergy caste. They also form up the Inquisition, political officership, and military priests.
  • Crusaders: The Crusaders are skilled in either ground or space conflict. Physically fit, containing quick reflexes, and capable of great courage, the Crusaders form up the majority of the military and police forces. They are taught from an early age to fight and kill in the name of the Savior.
  • Emissaries: Cunning and clever, Emissaries concern themselves with the diplomatic affairs of the Dominion. They are also the traders who establish deals with outside empires for resources the Dominion is currently lacking. They are often the most unorthodox of the castes and where most of the heretic are usually found, and thus are untrusted.
  • Artisans: The largest group, the Artisans are the industrial proletariat and laity of the Dominion. They are the ones filling the factories, the farms, and the mines. They are the most indoctrinated and insulated group as they rarely travel away from Dominion territory as unsanctioned travel is forbidden. When crusaders cannot fill the requirements for a war due to numbers, Artisans may be drafted to fill up the gap.
  • Academia: The researchers are the engineers, scientists, and researchers of the Dominion. They form the forefront of scientific advancement and develop the Dominon's weaponry, ships, industrial equipment, and other needed fabrications. They are also found in the military as engineers an highly-specialized combat units.

Every member of society must follow Our Savior's teachings. Committing a sinful action is punishable by death. These include:
  • Gluttony: Every frivolous piece of food and drink that enters your mouth is one stolen from the mouth of the starving.
  • Lust: Non-state sanctioned reproduction or reproductive activities makes it difficult to meet quotas, leads to insurrection, spreads STDs, and distracts the faithful from the sacrifice for the greater good.
  • Greed: A hoarding of resources deprives those resources from the state and is directly stealing from Our Savior. One should have no more than they need to survive and function.
  • Wrath: Attacking another laity without provocation spreads heresy and distracts from the grand crusade. Public displays of hatred also distract the laity from what is important.
  • Envy: Revolting against one's superior is the epitomy of selfishness and is one of the worst of crimes.
  • Sloth: An idle existence is a wasted one, one should not rest more than is needed.
  • Pride: The only pride one should feel is that of humanity's. Glory seeking, nepotism, and falsehoods are punishable by death.
Notes: Make sure to tell me if my numbers are too high, I couldn't find a top limit on population.
RP Sample/Example: viewtopic.php?p=24409643#p24409643

429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/spoiler]

Accepted.

Mesrane wrote:Nation Name: Ateru Confederacy
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 32 Billion
Flag/National Emblem: http://i.imgur.com/IJxExMn.png
Territory: A goodly chunk from the middle of the Perseus Arm
Capital World and City: (If applicable) Atjora, Förstad
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: Both the Navy and the Army have undergone serious reform over the past century, as the nobility's grip on officer positions has eroded in favor of simple meritocracy regardless of birth. The revolution in the way officers are selected has also caused a change in tactics. Simple line formations involving bludgeoning advances have been trashed as tactics have evolved with the growing threat of the three great powers; ergo, the Navy adopted a more mobile doctrine whereby cruisers and stealth frigates assist carriers in flanking the enemy fleet, an unusual tactic known as "Heavy Pincering." Battleships will hold the center and trade fire with the enemy while drones swarm enemy fighters. Fighters and bombers, which would be concentrated in the carriers along the flanks, would also fight solely on the flanks, making deep cuts into the enemy and wreaking as much havoc as possible while the enemy's fighters are preoccupied with Äteru drones. Of course, many variations of this doctrine exist and it's not always used in the first place, but it's an interesting tactical quirk Äteru captains have up their sleeve. The Navy is entirely nationalized, as the Stajaavel has always considered it more important than the army and simply too important to be divided up among the Confederacy's many republics and earldoms . Conversely, the army reflects a semi-Yugoslav model where the official army is actually quite small, "only" 100 million men. Each constituent republic or earldom possesses their own defense force, a certain percentage of which (always subject to change) they are required to provide for the Confederacy's overall defense. In this way, a force of 100 million men can expand to nearly 600 million during wartime. It should be noted that soldiers serving in nation-specific defense forces receive exactly the same training and equipment as the official Army of the Confederacy, and are not inferior to soldiers of the latter army. The Confederacy has also been widely known to use paramilitary groups that exist entirely outside this structure in false-flag operations (sometimes supplanted with special forces) that allow the Confederacy to maintain plausible deniability.

Peacetime Personnel Size : 400 million
Wartime Personnel Size : (Peacetime + Mobilization) 1.1 billion
# Of Spaceships: 20,500 total

Spaceship Classes:
Odin-class Dreadnought
Tyr-class Heavy Carrier
Baldr A-class Carrier
Baldr B-class Carrier
Thor-class Heavy Battleship
Freyr-class Battleship
Frigg-class Battlecruiser
Hermóðr-class Cruiser
Ullr-class Destroyer
Gefjun-class Frigate
Loki-class Stealth Frigate
Sigyn-class Corvette
Volla-class Stealth Corvette
Bragi-class Gunship

Primary Personal Weapon: Type 41 Service Rifle, A Gauss rifle in use with the army, though the marines and various special forces units often utilize different main armaments.

Star Ship Weaponry: The Confederacy is all about missiles, using nuclear ones supplanted by turreted rail guns for long-range combat. Once the distance is closed, mainline combat ships will unleash relentless waves of faster, less bulky Valhalla missiles along with rockets and guided antimatter torpedoes in order to slowly wear down enemy shields. Lasers are typically only used as point-defense weapons except on the Frey-class battleships, which possess heavy laser weaponry. Rather than use cheap fighters, the Confederacy focuses on making their fighters high-quality pieces to be used selectively, usually not against enemy fighters. To combat enemy fighters, two classes of drones are deployed. One, the MBD series, are packed with missiles and lasers, designed to destroy as many fighters as fast as possible before they are taken down due to their light armor. The other class is simply multitudes of suicide drones, in which the focus is extreme speed and maneuverability in order to catch up to enemy fighters, latch on, and blow themselves up using embedded charges.

Star Ship Designation: ACN (Ateru Confederate Navy)
======================

Economy Info
Description: Economy: The Confederacy holds the free market in high regard. The decentralized nature of the government means that enforcing strong regulations would be impractical anyway. The lack of bounds on enterprise coupled with the dearth of welfare means that ease of doing business is a major plus for the Confederacy, but the truly destitute are quite likely to remain so for their entire lives. Still, manorialism among the nobility has declined greatly over the last several decades and serfdom is on the verge of being abolished by the Stajaavel, which means that a large portion of the destitute are about to be given a leg up by the elimination of their ties to any noble's estate.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Aristocratic Confederacy
Description of Government:
Head of State: Lord Protector Walder Karsjor
Head of Government: Arbroker Lautas Pohjahl
Upper House of Legislature: Lords Stajaavel
Lower House of Legislature: Commons Stajaavel
Ruling Political Party: (If applicable) Framsteg Coalition
Major Political Parties: (If applicable) Frihet, Möjorann Party, Omvandling Alliance, Vakt Party
======================

Additional Info
History:

Following the Last Great War, the desperate remains of the three Scandinavian peoples along with Finnish survivors took to the stars in a last bid to escape the hopelessness in Sol. After decades of wandering, the Scandinavian shuttles came across the barely-habitable world that they christened Ätjora, and made significantly more habitable with terraforming. From here, things took a darker turn, and the colonists became divided between several dozen states. The constant wars between these states created a powerful warrior class which essentially developed into the Äteru nobility. As states fell apart and dissolved from near perpetual war, wide swaths of the temperate planet fell into anarchy and refugees required protection from bandits and the like. Many members of this new soldier class, now stateless and without loyalties, offered to protect these refugees if they swore fealty to their protectors. The newly created nobility often settled down in these terra nullius and parceled out portions of their domains to their most capable lieutenants and captains. In turn, these lesser lords possessed a large amount of independence and were free to further parcel out their land to their captains, with everyone in this equation owing fealty to the lord at the top. The more enterprising refugees formed a merchant class, but the weakest among them became tied to the land and eventually were regarded as essentially serfs.

This was how Äteru history proceeded for several centuries, as independent Äteru nations expanded into the stars with similar but separate agendas and goals. Even though the wars on Ätjora subsided, manorialism and the societal supremacy of the nobility became a deeply entrenched facet of Äteru life. Additionally, Christianity became warped and combined with Norse customs in the decades after Ätjora was settled. There remained a single God, but Jesus was somehow supplanted by Odin and the remaining Norse gods became Odin's children and by extension the grandchildren of God, with mankind residing in the "fourth generation." Yggdrasil made a comeback, albeit with fewer realms. There was now only Asgard, where God and his children resided, Midgard, the mortal realm spread across the stars, Hel, where Satan punished the evil, and Niflheim, where Loki lives among the Frost Giants as a sort of scholar god, having lost much of his evil reputation over the centuries.

As the Äteru states expanded and as former colonies grew into nations in their own right, the Äteru had to forget their wars and combine their strength to defeat the Gora Dominion, a Slavic-derived empire that threatened to swallow up nation after nation one by one. After a decade of bitter war and several near-disasters, the Äteru triumphed at the Battle of Vendholm and sent the Dominion scurrying back to its core space. The Äteru seized many of Gora's colonies but were largely too war-weary to take the war to Gora. Fortunately for them, Gora crumbled under civil war shortly after the conclusion of the Äteru-Goran War, or the Great Stellar War as it is known in the Confederacy.

Realization that they would likely not survive another threat like Gora is what spawned the Confederacy. Many former colonies had become republics of former peasants free from feudalism, thus forming any kind of unitary government proved impossible considering the irreconcilable needs of the Jarls and republican politicians. Thus, only a Confederacy could possibly do to unite the Äteru people. After months of debate in the capital, this was deemed the ideal form of government and a constitution was soon ratified.

Now united, the Äteru expanded with renewed vigor, driven forward by an innovating free market. The Confederacy became a disorganized patchwork of states that nonetheless managed to get along-they had too, really, lest another Gora come along-and prosper together.

At least, until the Fyran Wars. The Finns, who had always been a minority in the Confederacy (then about 25% of the populace, now closer to 10%) had over the centuries developed several subcultures and regional clans that developed a fierce dislike of one another. The Fynni clan tensions exploded into ethnic war across a dozen planets. The conflict ignored political boundaries as the clans went at it in a terrible orgy of bloodletting that killed some ten million people in two years.

The Äteru majority could no longer sit back and watch with horror when the violence starting touching their communities, so the Army intervened and put a stop to the clan fighting. The Fynni rage then turned on the Äteru, which resulted in a new conflict that lasted four years and saw the death of twenty million, largely because of organized genocide used by both the Fynni clans and the Äteru Army. A peace was eventually stitched together, but low intensity fighting continued for another decade in what is considered a third conflict. All of these wars are grouped under the umbrella term 'Fyran Wars.' The third phase of low-intensity, asymmetrical war concluded just twenty-five years ago, and ethnic killings continue in some places today. The Fyran Wars had disastrous outcomes for the Fynni, as most of the civilian dead were Fynni which caused a big population drop among them. The Äteru rolled back their rights and made them second-class citizens, but have been careful not to antagonize them since.

Most of the ethnic tension has winded down over the past twenty-five years, and the regional economies affected have mostly recovered. The Fyran Wars also gave the Äteru Army considerable experience in guerrilla warfare, which they had to deal with for over a decade.

Now, the Confederacy has restored stability but looks outward at the shifting Galactic scene with anticipation and confidence for prospects of profit and power aplenty.

Culture: Ateru (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, with a mostly Swedish language) majority and small, second-class minority of Fynni (Space Finns).

Notes:
RP Sample/Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327226
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=336275&hilit=1821

Accepted.

Would anyone be interested in making a map of the Galaxy? I can make one if need be, but the last time around, someone made a really good map.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Actan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Actan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:52 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Actan, I think our nations will end up being rivals. The Dominion would definitely be banned from spreading its religion in Vandulian Space.

Tension between great powers is natural :P

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:56 pm

How would you feel about a nation ruled by an A.I. ?
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Prusslandia wrote:How would you feel about a nation ruled by an A.I. ?

Nope. "True" AI isn't a thing, sorry.
Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:45 pm

Awesome! Great Power app:

Nation Name: The Omospondia
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 105 billion (rough estimate)
Flag/National Emblem: http://i.imgur.com/9BHEuoO.png
Territory: Most of the Perseus Arm.
Capital World and City: Ridomaria, Elise
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: The Omospondia Armed Forces focuses on self-sustainability in order to outlast the enemy. Ships of the OAF have automated mobile factories to churn out its complement of small combat spacecraft and ammunition, depending on the materials the ship is carrying. It utilizes advanced technological capabilities in its armed forces to maintain its edge over other foreign powers in the area. Shock tactics and unorthodox methods of warfare are prefered by the Omospondians when engaging in wars against other powers, but they will use attrition if necessary.

The Perseid Federation Armed Forces have five main service branches: The Omospondia Army (OMA), the Omospondia Marine Corps (OMMC), the Omospondia Surface Navy (OMSN), the Omospondia Aerospace Force (OMAF), and the Omospondia Space Navy (OMXN). The Five Archai are the commanders-in-chief of the Armed Forces, but the Ecclesia reserves the power to declare wars to prevent the Omospondians from having to fight in too many wars. Public approval may vary depending on the kind of wars the Perseids get involved in.

Crews on Omospondian ships are small due to the proliferation of automated systems and artificial intelligence. Nevertheless, there are still occupations on the ships that require a human touch such as sick bay surgeons, soldiers and battle planners.
Peacetime Personnel Size : 3 billion (rough estimate)
Wartime Personnel Size : 4 billion (rough estimate)
# Of Spaceships: 58,900 ships (excluding smallcraft)
Spaceship Classes:
  • Andromeda-class battleship
  • Medusa-class supercarrier
  • Pannasias-class carrier
  • Cepheus-class heavy cruiser
  • Constellation-class cruiser
  • Blizzard-class destroyer
  • Havana-class frigate
  • Amazon-class stealth frigate
  • Fortitude-class corvette
  • Winter-class stealth corvette
Primary Personal Weapon: The Omospondia's primary personal weapon is the D22 Assault Rifle, which is a gauss rifle that can fire 1100 rounds per minute. Its magazine can hold up to 36 cartridge rounds.
Star Ship Weaponry: The Omospondia capital ships make use of the Magnetic Acceleration cannon for its main offensive armament. All ships however, have at least several ship-to-ship missiles, rocket pods, rotary pulse cannons, and at least two railgun turrets. They also have a complement of space marines and combat spacecraft for defense or for assaults on celestial bodies such as planets or moons.
Star Ship Designation: OMS
======================

Economy Info
Description: The Omospondia's economic system is that of a mixed capitalist economy. While it respects free enterprise, the government partially regulates the market to prevent corporations from having too much influence in its direction. The Omospondian economy is known for being mildly protectionist in trade.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Federal Republic with Semi-Direct Representative Democracy
Description of Government: The Omospondia's government is comprised of a legislative branch (Ecclesia), an executive branch (The Five Archai and their cabinets) and a judicial branch (Supreme Dicastery), each with their respective functions. Citizens can propose changes to the constitution or call for a referendum held on any law voted by the Ecclesia.
Head of State: The Five Archai
Head of Government: The Five Archai
Upper House of Legislature: Gerousia
Lower House of Legislature: Boule
Ruling Political Party: Progressive Party
Major Political Parties:
  • Progressive Party - advocates a large central government, more regulation of the economy (but to a point), more social welfare services, pro-choice, less military spending
  • Traditionalist Party - advocates a small central government, less regulation of the economy, less social welfare services, pro-life, more military spending
  • Federalist Party - advocates a heavily decentralized government, semi-autonomous control of each individual planet, more isolationism, protectionist trade policies, conversion of the military into a self-defense force
    ======================

Additional Info
    History: The Omospondia is a great power exerting influence in the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. has its origins in the European Federation, which was the successor to the European Union. After the desolation of the Sol System due to devastating wars and an increasing resource crisis, a group of colonizers coming from various European countries departed in the direction of the constellation Cygnus. These colonists arrived in Salvation Shuttles that separated into modules heading to varying systems in the Perseus Arm; one of these ships made it within the influence of Seneca, and settled in the system's habitable planet, Elise.

Making use of artificial uteri, the colony's population grew rapidly in size, which resulted in a resource crisis causing several revolts against the government in Ridomaria. Knowing this, the government hastily began to construct colony ships to colonize the worlds around to relieve Elise of its population problem. Once Elise's domains have expanded, it made contact with the other Cygnus colonies nearby. Some colonies from the Cygnus group have joined Elise and formed the Seneca Federation, others have been more hostile, and have occasionally been involved in wars with Seneca.

One particular war that may have strengthened the resolve to unify the Perseus Arm colonies of the Alpha Quadrant was the Great Perseid War, which took the lives of more than 30 billion people, including a great deal of Senecans. To keep a lasting peace, the signatory nations of the Perseid Charter have established the Perseid Union, which later became the Omospondia due to pressure from the other powers in the galaxy.

Currently the Omospondia has control of around 1,200 worlds, including small outposts and settlements, according to the last survey conducted by the Perseid Territorial Survey. Increasingly, the Omospondians have begun to construct Orbitals, which are more efficient in handling large numbers of people compared to planets. Currently the Omospondians have finished one Orbital, with five more being planned by the Omospondian government.
    Culture: predominantly European
    Notes: n/a
    RP Sample/Example:

Last edited by Stormwrath on Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Stormwrath wrote:Awesome! Great Power app:

Nation Name: The Omospondia
=====================

Basic Info
Population: 105 billion (rough estimate)
Flag/National Emblem: http://i.imgur.com/9BHEuoO.png
Territory: Most of the Perseus Arm.
Capital World and City: Ridomaria, Elise
=====================

Military Info
Military Doctrine: The Omospondia Armed Forces focuses on self-sustainability in order to outlast the enemy. Ships of the OAF have automated mobile factories to churn out its complement of small combat spacecraft and ammunition, depending on the materials the ship is carrying. It utilizes advanced technological capabilities in its armed forces to maintain its edge over other foreign powers in the area. Shock tactics and unorthodox methods of warfare are prefered by the Omospondians when engaging in wars against other powers, but they will use attrition if necessary.

The Perseid Federation Armed Forces have five main service branches: The Omospondia Army (OMA), the Omospondia Marine Corps (OMMC), the Omospondia Surface Navy (OMSN), the Omospondia Aerospace Force (OMAF), and the Omospondia Space Navy (OMXN). The Five Archai are the commanders-in-chief of the Armed Forces, but the Ecclesia reserves the power to declare wars to prevent the Omospondians from having to fight in too many wars. Public approval may vary depending on the kind of wars the Perseids get involved in.

Crews on Omospondian ships are small due to the proliferation of automated systems and artificial intelligence. Nevertheless, there are still occupations on the ships that require a human touch such as sick bay surgeons, soldiers and battle planners.
Peacetime Personnel Size : 3 billion (rough estimate)
Wartime Personnel Size : 4 billion (rough estimate)
# Of Spaceships: 58,900 ships (excluding smallcraft)
Spaceship Classes:
  • Andromeda-class battleship
  • Medusa-class supercarrier
  • Pannasias-class carrier
  • Cepheus-class heavy cruiser
  • Constellation-class cruiser
  • Blizzard-class destroyer
  • Havana-class frigate
  • Amazon-class stealth frigate
  • Fortitude-class corvette
  • Winter-class stealth corvette
Primary Personal Weapon: The Omospondia's primary personal weapon is the D22 Assault Rifle, which is a gauss rifle that can fire 1100 rounds per minute. Its magazine can hold up to 36 cartridge rounds.
Star Ship Weaponry: The Omospondia capital ships make use of the Magnetic Acceleration cannon for its main offensive armament. All ships however, have at least several ship-to-ship missiles, rocket pods, rotary pulse cannons, and at least two railgun turrets. They also have a complement of space marines and combat spacecraft for defense or for assaults on celestial bodies such as planets or moons.
Star Ship Designation: OMS
======================

Economy Info
Description: The Omospondia's economic system is that of a mixed capitalist economy. While it respects free enterprise, the government partially regulates the market to prevent corporations from having too much influence in its direction. The Omospondian economy is known for being mildly protectionist in trade.
======================

Government Info
Government Type: Federal Republic with Semi-Direct Representative Democracy
Description of Government: The Omospondia's government is comprised of a legislative branch (Ecclesia), an executive branch (The Five Archai and their cabinets) and a judicial branch (Supreme Dicastery), each with their respective functions. Citizens can propose changes to the constitution or call for a referendum held on any law voted by the Ecclesia.
Head of State: The Five Archai
Head of Government: The Five Archai
Upper House of Legislature: Gerousia
Lower House of Legislature: Boule
Ruling Political Party: Progressive Party
Major Political Parties:
  • Progressive Party - advocates a large central government, more regulation of the economy (but to a point), more social welfare services, pro-choice, less military spending
  • Traditionalist Party - advocates a small central government, less regulation of the economy, less social welfare services, pro-life, more military spending
  • Federalist Party - advocates a heavily decentralized government, semi-autonomous control of each individual planet, more isolationism, protectionist trade policies, conversion of the military into a self-defense force
    ======================

Additional Info
    History: The Omospondia is a great power exerting influence in the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. has its origins in the European Federation, which was the successor to the European Union. After the desolation of the Sol System due to devastating wars and an increasing resource crisis, a group of colonizers coming from various European countries departed in the direction of the constellation Cygnus. These colonists arrived in Salvation Shuttles that separated into modules heading to varying systems in the Perseus Arm; one of these ships made it within the influence of Seneca, and settled in the system's habitable planet, Elise.

Making use of artificial uteri, the colony's population grew rapidly in size, which resulted in a resource crisis causing several revolts against the government in Ridomaria. Knowing this, the government hastily began to construct colony ships to colonize the worlds around to relieve Elise of its population problem. Once Elise's domains have expanded, it made contact with the other Cygnus colonies nearby. Some colonies from the Cygnus group have joined Elise and formed the Seneca Federation, others have been more hostile, and have occasionally been involved in wars with Seneca.

One particular war that may have strengthened the resolve to unify the Perseus Arm colonies of the Alpha Quadrant was the Great Perseid War, which took the lives of more than 30 billion people, including a great deal of Senecans. To keep a lasting peace, the signatory nations of the Perseid Charter have established the Perseid Union, which later became the Omospondia due to pressure from the other powers in the galaxy.

Currently the Omospondia has control of around 1,200 worlds, including small outposts and settlements, according to the last survey conducted by the Perseid Territorial Survey. Increasingly, the Omospondians have begun to construct Orbitals, which are more efficient in handling large numbers of people compared to planets. Currently the Omospondians have finished one Orbital, with five more being planned by the Omospondian government.
    Culture: predominantly European
    Notes: n/a
    RP Sample/Example:

Accepted.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:How would you feel about a nation ruled by an A.I. ?

Nope. "True" AI isn't a thing, sorry.

I see. Well, how far has it progressed ?
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:Nope. "True" AI isn't a thing, sorry.

I see. Well, how far has it progressed ?

Most AI development has been focused in heavy industry, so you can have fully automated factories and mining. Drones in combat are semi-autonomous, able to automatic launch and return to base without an operator, but can't fight without one.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:I see. Well, how far has it progressed ?

Most AI development has been focused in heavy industry, so you can have fully automated factories and mining. Drones in combat are semi-autonomous, able to automatic launch and return to base without an operator, but can't fight without one.

What about cybernetics ?
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:23 pm

I like the diversity of the Great Powers. My nation is a meritocracy, the Dominion is a theocracy, and Omospondia is a democracy.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:Most AI development has been focused in heavy industry, so you can have fully automated factories and mining. Drones in combat are semi-autonomous, able to automatic launch and return to base without an operator, but can't fight without one.

What about cybernetics ?

You can shove a bunch of metal parts into yourself that may or may not work as good as your old ones, depending on the source. If the cybernetics are sourced from a place that is dedicated to quality,
you might as well be super human. If they come from a place where quantity matters more, you'd be lucky if they worked as well as your organic parts.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Prusslandia wrote:What about cybernetics ?

You can shove a bunch of metal parts into yourself that may or may not work as good as your old ones, depending on the source. If the cybernetics are sourced from a place that is dedicated to quality,
you might as well be super human. If they come from a place where quantity matters more, you'd be lucky if they worked as well as your organic parts.

And biotech ?
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse