NATION

PASSWORD

USJR Conference Thread (IC, Invite Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

USJR Conference Thread (IC, Invite Only)

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:14 pm

The United Soviets of the Jason Republic
International Summit Thread
King's Court

OOC: This thread is for the IC meetings between heads of state inside of the USJR that do not require the creation of individual threads.

All world leaders that are invited to Jamestown for a meeting are given clearance to land at Jamestown International Airport or can enter through the USJR by any means. Their room, board and food are paid for by the Ministry of International Affairs. World leaders are invited to stay in a residency or in their local embassy inside of the walls of the Federal Quarter. Aids and other personnel will also be given room and a warm welcome to the Soviet Republics. They are invited to tour the Federal Quarter itself or the historic section of Jamestown. They will be given passes that will allow them through the walls of the Federal Quarter.

All world leaders invited to the USJR will receive an invitation by the USJR head of state or International Affairs Minister. All meetings will, for the most part, take place in the King's Court.

The king's court has been home to many meetings. In the centuries before the kings sat at the head of the hall, dictating orders to their fellow man. It was in this hall the the last king was slain, killed by his own guard. since that time the halls had been more quite. leaders from around the world were welcomed into its halls, which still remain decorated as if a king still ruled from its walls. the blood red walls of the federal quarter gave way to lush green parfs and pathways inside. luxurious buildings housed every major goverment branch and embassies of countries from around the world. the king's court has been used to house meetings of state since its construction was completed in 1450 ce under the rule of emperor charles the ist of agria. the room embodies the growth of the empire of iason at this time before its swift collapse. the room has large windows opening up to the wide east river and the red walls of the federal quarter. paintings of empire achievements line the walls of the room, along with great mirrors that reflect the light coming in from the south. the conference table has been set up. it too is an original from the palace. its darf wood comes from a long forgotten colony of the empire. its legs and accompanying set of chairs were crafted by the empire's best. they are decorated with the designs of foreign foliage and wild animals. the rest of the room is highlighted in gold and marble statues of the muses. at the end of the long hall the emperor's throne sits empty of a ruler. a white piece of paper instead rests on it, reading for all the people may sit in this. with starf contrast fancy red rope with golden highlights marf it off from the rest of the hall. it is clear no one could sit in it.

Diplomatic Directory
Embassy Application and List
Treaties and Foreign Relations
United Sunalayan Lobby

Staff List
President- Grimpen Mortimer
Vise President- Jackson Dartmoor
Commissioner of International Affairs- Issac Leon

1. Each event will have an introduction written by the USJR
2. Each event is separate and no nation can "read" into other meetings between leaders.
3. No one liners. For gods sake make an effort.
4. Lots of Vodka.
Last edited by United Soviet Jason Republic on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Al-Masri Caliphate-Soviet Republic
KIng's Court

Caliph Hamza Muqurin arrived in a parade of black cars, each flying the Caliphate and Republican flag on its hood. The cars passed through the red walls of the Federal Quarter without delay, and quickly drove towards the King's Court. They convey passed through the lush greenery of the interior gardens. They also passed by honorary guards at the ready, standing at attention with their arms in hand. The saluted the convey as it passed by. The group of cars rolled up to the entrance to the Court. Caliph Hamza Muqurin's car door would be opened by a guard in full uniform. As the honorary head of state exited. President Grimpen Mortimer was on the steps of the Court and shook hands with the leader. The two stood for the cameras of their respected nations journalists and entered the meeting room. The room was ornately decorated, with lavish gold trimmings and red carpet from the Imperial era. Mortimer led the leader over to a dark wood table. Two cousined chairs faced each other across the table. Each had a glass of water in front of it. The Soviet was not stupid, there was no alcohol to be seen or smelt. Mortimer's chair had a tablet computer in front of it with a stylus at the side. Mortimer took a seat and started the conversation. "It is a honor to have you here. Please, sit, we have much to discuss."
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Al-Masri Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Masri Caliphate » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:58 pm

The Caliph smiled at President Mortimer, and took note of the curtesy he had taken by ensuring alcohol was not present for the meeting. "I am truly honoured to be here, Mr. President. Your nation is such a beautiful country. And such a beautiful building." The Caliph pulled out a notebook and pen, and prepared to take notes of the meeting. "I feel this meeting is long overdue now. Shall we begin?"

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:28 am

"Yes, let us begin," Mortimer replied, reaching to put on his reading glasses. The first thing the man did was place his arms on the desk, from the knee to his hands, which was wrapped together and glance down at his tablet computer, which held a list of talking points. The first one, to Mortimer, was the most awkward. "First of all, on the behalf of the Party Soviet and the people of this nation I must apologize for our involvement in the Capsland-Al Ahsa war." He said, in a clearly apologetic voice. "Currently my administration is overlooking our current agreements with western powers and will cull those that clearly do more harm then good."
Jamestown Journal

Al-Masri Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Masri Caliphate » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:15 am

"Ah, of course. Now, I actually do not want you to apologise for the Capsland-Al-Ahsa war. My grandfather, King Salman, was not well loved in Al-Ahsa, and the war at least brought some good by dethroning him. Of course, many innocents died in Al-Ahsa, but the Caliphate does not hold a grudge towards Capsland, let alone towards the USJR for its involvement."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:24 am

Mortimer nodded. "The loss of life is always a terrible tragedy." He replied. The President moved to the next item on the list. "After the Iacki attack and the clearly unjustified western intervention we are trying to strengthen our relations with your nation, Yaramaqui and Vekalse. We have the coalition, but I am afraid several nations, Rezua and Vekalse, will not join. It is clear the west is looking for a fight. We are committed to helping your nation in any engagement." After a pause the President continued. "The most alarming is the placement of western troops in Yaramaqui. Now the USJR has moved to fill the void left by Aznazia but I would prefer not to have bases that undermine sovereignty. I think we must work to get these bases out of Yaramaqui."
Jamestown Journal

Al-Masri Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Masri Caliphate » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 am

"It is the majority belief of the government of the Caliphate that with the increase in military bases, the Caliphate itself is at a greater threat of invasion. While we do not suspect any plans, it certainly becomes more of an increased chance. I know that USJR has a military base in Eranshahir, something I wanted to mention, is the Caliphate would welcome a military base within our sovereign territory as well."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Al-Masri Caliphate wrote:"It is the majority belief of the government of the Caliphate that with the increase in military bases, the Caliphate itself is at a greater threat of invasion. While we do not suspect any plans, it certainly becomes more of an increased chance. I know that USJR has a military base in Eranshahir, something I wanted to mention, is the Caliphate would welcome a military base within our sovereign territory as well."

"That base is an interesting possession. Honestly there is no need for it, and due to the recent crisis we are currently using it to help the devastated areas from the recent tsunamis and earthquakes. We currently have plans in the work to transform the site into a satellite tracking station and communications hub, one we can gladly share with everyone." Mortimer jotted down a note on his computer. "We too fear some sort of western action. The base we have placed in Yaramaqui is located to cut off a Capsland base from their mainland and also to stop trade through the straight if necessary. It is on the west side of continental Yaramaqui. I am sad it needs to exist, but it does. Your vessels and men are welcome to use its facilities at their leisure."
Jamestown Journal

Al-Masri Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Masri Caliphate » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:04 pm

"Ah, very well. Any military base within the Caliphate is open to USJR use as well. I fear that some nations in the west may be preparing for some sort of invasion, or as they would likely call it "Intervention" in the Caliphate. However, I wish to improve relationships with western nations. I am, in fact, perfectly willing to lift the embargo if they would enter into discussions with the Caliphate."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:53 pm

"I think we all want better relations but most prepare for the worst. I can assure you that if the West tries to start a war then they will be crippled in a matter of hours." The President stated that in a dead serious tone. He meant it. "Our goverment keeps a wide range of actions on the table all the time to damn western capabilities in the event of... an event. It appears Aznazia's new leader is not fond of the past fifteen years and has moved to cold relations."
Jamestown Journal

Al-Masri Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Masri Caliphate » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:27 pm

"I fear the west is craving a second cold war, and it seems like we're starting to move dangerously close to one." The Caliph sighed, and looked down. "Everyone is prepared for war, but no one wants to be remembered as the one who pulled the trigger first. I hope, everyone will remember this, and move towards peace. It is my only desire for the world." The Caliph began to write some things down on his notepad, then continued, "About an alliance between our nations. What interests you?"

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:27 am

"In all our military alliances the USJR pledged to aid our comrades in offensive,defensive and covert-op engaents or incidents. That is what we are interested in." The President replied. "I too fear another Cold War. Several nations are most likely going to leave the USA after the possible failure of Resolution 41. That will cause a massive uproar and would force the USJR to cut ties with the nations who are leaving it... Capsland is one of those nations."
Jamestown Journal

Al-Masri Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Masri Caliphate » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:05 pm

"Then let us make it official. I wish to have the greatest relations with our friend and ally, USJR. Furthermore, with nations leaving the USA, I fear it will weaken it to the point that covert actions, much like in the cold war, will return to our region… This can only mean a rise in tensions. And now that so many nations are establishing a military base in Vekalse, they seem to be dividing the region with their demands to submit to them, or be their "enemy."" The Caliph frowned, "I do not wish to be anyone's enemy, but I will not be a puppet for western powers either."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:07 pm

"Every nation must be independent," Mortimer insisted. He sounded like he could have toasted to that line. "Several nations are pulling out of the USA and I don't get why. History from last 'crisises' tell us that leaving the USA actually makes the problem worse by giving it to the other party. However it does look like the west wants a fight. I think we can't give them one. We just have to be open and in the end our warmness will win over. But, as I say that, we must prepare for the worse. I fear Rezua, Capsland and Vekase will cut their ties with the USJR and go west. That is alarming because they are sowing the seeds of conflict when I seek friendship as well."
Jamestown Journal

Al-Masri Caliphate
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Masri Caliphate » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:17 pm

"I do not understand why nations are leaving the USA, either." The Caliph sighed, "But it is their choice I suppose." He took a sip of water and finished writing his notes. "I believe I have said all that I came here to say, do you have anything else you would like to discuss?" He cleared his throat, "it certainly has been a pleasure establishing relations with the USJR."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:32 pm

"And it has been a pleasure meeting you." Grimpen replied. It sounded to him like the meeting was wrapping up. "If your nation ever needs anything please let us know. We are working on sending aid to nations affected by the earthquakes and tsunamis. We wish for a speedy recovery for everyone. Now, let us work together more. Hopefully we can bring peace." Mortimer stood up to shake the leader's hand. "It has been a pleasure. You are welcomed back any time my friend."
Jamestown Journal

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:30 pm

United Soviets of the Jason Republic-The Constitutional Empire of Rezua

Grimpen Mortimer sat seated at the table. Nothing had really changed in the room from before. The room rarely changed. The only difference was that there was a bottle of Soviet Vodka on the table. It was cooled, so water droplets formed on the side of the container as it sat in its metal holding jar. Two overturned glasses stood next to the bottle. Mortimer had his tablet computer, stylus and glass of water next to him. He waited.

Finally, Empress Ymira Everen entered the room. Mortimer stood up to welcome the leader. "I am so very glad you could make it here," he said warmly, "This meeting is a long time in the making. Please, take a seat." He said, jesting to the seat across from him. "Would you like a drink?" he asked, trying to start the conversation easily.
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:29 am

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:United Soviets of the Jason Republic-The Constitutional Empire of Rezua

Grimpen Mortimer sat seated at the table. Nothing had really changed in the room from before. The room rarely changed. The only difference was that there was a bottle of Soviet Vodka on the table. It was cooled, so water droplets formed on the side of the container as it sat in its metal holding jar. Two overturned glasses stood next to the bottle. Mortimer had his tablet computer, stylus and glass of water next to him. He waited.

Finally, Empress Ymira Everen entered the room. Mortimer stood up to welcome the leader. "I am so very glad you could make it here," he said warmly, "This meeting is a long time in the making. Please, take a seat." He said, jesting to the seat across from him. "Would you like a drink?" he asked, trying to start the conversation easily.

Ymira took the seat arcoss from Grimpen and politely responded to his question "Mr. Mortimer I'm afraid I must decline. I'm sure it's a wonderful drink and you put a lot of thought into picking it out but I do not drink before or during a meeting. However if there's a cultural tradition or a thing of respect I'll drink if you'd like. More importantly I'd like to know why you called for this meeting, sir."
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 am

"There is no custom, it is just out of respect," Grimpen said, waiting for the leader to be seated. "The reason why i requested this meeting is because Rezua is a very important friend to the USJR. I want to keep channels between us open for communication so we can talk about the issues facing the world together. During the past several summits the nation of Rezua and the USJR have been... at odds. I find that this type of public feuding weakens our resolve as allies. It drives a wedge between us."
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:53 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:"There is no custom, it is just out of respect," Grimpen said, waiting for the leader to be seated. "The reason why i requested this meeting is because Rezua is a very important friend to the USJR. I want to keep channels between us open for communication so we can talk about the issues facing the world together. During the past several summits the nation of Rezua and the USJR have been... at odds. I find that this type of public feuding weakens our resolve as allies. It drives a wedge between us."

Ymira shifted into a more comfortable sitting position and said "If respect is the reason for this vodka than I must accept your hospitality." Ymira waited a moment before saying "There are some things that I don't agree with you on. That is the reason of our nations being at odds."
Last edited by Rezua on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:52 pm

"Then let us talk about those reasons," Mortimer said, taking the time to pour two glasses of vodka. He took a sip and put it on the table. After all, it was for show more then anything. Getting buzzed may help dull the pain of the meeting, but in the long term it wouldn't help anyone. "We must discuss these issues."
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:33 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:"Then let us talk about those reasons," Mortimer said, taking the time to pour two glasses of vodka. He took a sip and put it on the table. After all, it was for show more then anything. Getting buzzed may help dull the pain of the meeting, but in the long term it wouldn't help anyone. "We must discuss these issues."

Ymira also took a sip of the vodka before putting it down. "I thought you had picked out issues you wished to discuss, they would be the reason you had this meeting. If you don't want issues I could name a few. The first thing is that the USJR is too aggressive. The USJR, meaning you and your staff, is always trying to out do the Western powers and actively challenges their power."

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:37 pm

"I am sorry you take our actions that way, but other nations have tried to undermine regional powers. The USJR is committed to the independence and cooperation of our allies. I also want Lu to bring the issues up since you tend to be the party with the grievances. " Grimpen shot back. "We our competitors on the world stage and we must play our part in balancing out the other side. I wish we could all be friends but their leaders don't seem to keen on working with us."
Jamestown Journal

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:15 pm

United Soviet Jason Republic wrote:"I am sorry you take our actions that way, but other nations have tried to undermine regional powers. The USJR is committed to the independence and cooperation of our allies. I also want Lu to bring the issues up since you tend to be the party with the grievances. " Grimpen shot back. "We our competitors on the world stage and we must play our part in balancing out the other side. I wish we could all be friends but their leaders don't seem to keen on working with us."

"First off it's only in your opinion that I have the "grievances". You are unable to work with the western powers. You just want power, you just want to dominant. That's not working toward peace. That's gearing for war. If you want to work with the west you must reach out.
They're tried to and you've slapped them away many times." Ymira said calmly but firmly.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:45 pm

"I wise man once said that the best way to keep the peace is to prepare for war..." Grimpen said back, with a trace of annoyance in his voice. He wanted to smile at the world leader, tell her she was insane. Wasn't this game known to all? Wasn't it obvious? Mortimer could never admit it publicly, even behind close doors, it would damn him. He stopped himself from taking the pleasure. "It is my opinion that for an ally of the Soviet Republics your administration is unwilling to support and trust our goverment." Grimpen shot back. "Do you think I haven't reached out? Do you think I still work with the USA, try to keep up relations and do all the other things because I enjoy it? Where is Aznazia's chancellor trying to be friendly? Why did Smoya station nuclear weapons near the USJR? Why does the west make bases in Vekase. Have I slapped them away? If I am not too mistaken it was the west that supported the unjustified invasion of the Caliphate at the tip of the hate. Only when we stood up for ourselves did they back off." Grimpen paused.

"Where do you get this notion that they are trying to be friendly. I had the Caliph in here not even a few days ago and he told me he wished the west was more open to us. I agreed with him. Where are you getting this notion that we are wrong no matter what we do? Are you too blinded by history to see that your accusations are not founded?" Grimpan paused for a moment. He knew the last line was a mistake to state aloud. But he didn't really care anymore.
Jamestown Journal

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents