NATION

PASSWORD

[Discussion] - Compound Warnings/Bans

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

[Discussion] - Compound Warnings/Bans

Postby Aksun » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:11 am

Forgive the wall.

Neo Telangana wrote:
Phydios wrote:
The rules are simple- don't be a jerk. It's because so many people don't understand this rule that the rules are as in-depth as they are. You know what it means to be a jerk. You know what insulting others (flaming), trying to get others to insult you (baiting), and trying to provoke others (trolling) are. Be nice and you'll never be on the staff's bad side.
By the way, would you please explain why you find the appeals process "laughable"? First, you can ask for a second opinion on a ruling. Second, you can ask that a panel of three mods, which have not been involved with the ruling at all, judge your appeal. (Oh yes, and at least one of those mods must be experienced, so you don't have to worry about not getting fair treatment because the panel was full of newbies.) Would you like to say how you would have it work?

On one thread, I got warned for calling Islam a "barbaric death cult" (which is what it is; I provided evidence on the same thread to support my assertion). Some idiotic, lowlife, mentally incompetent moderator decided to take offense at that single statement, even though I was not insulting any poster on that thread. I was attacking an ideology, not an individual poster. I have seen, and myself have used, very similar language when attacking Nazism and fascist ideologies, and no moderator seemed to take offense at those statements.

On another thread, the same idiotic, lowlife, mentally incompetent moderator warned me for calling Muhammad a pedophile rapist and murderer (which is what he was; I can cite hadiths to prove my assertion), and stating that any Muslim who adores Muhammad is either ignorant or immoral. The moderator in question, being an emasculated coward and having no concept of morality, decided that was "offensive" (based on what, exactly?) and banned me for one day. Keep in mind, I was not attacking any individual poster in my post.

How can I respect a pathetic moderator like the above? I cannot; I don't have even an iota of respect for such lowlife cowards.

*** flaming ***

Neo Telangana wrote:
Let me add this: I myself associate with the radical left, but I have no problem whatsoever if anyone insults the left or uses harsh language like "barbaric death cult" in reference to ideologies like communism. I might strongly disagree with such statements, but I would never ban anyone for saying such things, and I myself would support their right to express themselves in that way. Only pathetic, lowlife, emasculated cowards who are too feeble-minded to respond to the actual assertion being made feel the need to ban someone for saying something they find "offensive". I have ZERO respect for such people.

*** flaming ***

Neo Telangana wrote:
Lockdownn wrote:

Fucking leave. If you cannot handle the system NS has then go ahead and make your own and prove that you can do better instead of complaining here.

I like how you can't even respond logically to anything I said. All you can suggest is that I "leave".

Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can say, and where I can say it?

*** flamebaiting ***

Neo Telangana wrote:
Atomic Utopia wrote:

You do realize that insulting the moderators etc. is not going to win you friends among the moderation staff? And if you want to change how moderation is done here, you really need friends in moderation. Insulting people who can easily punish you for your actions in ways up to delete on sight is not a good idea, especially when you are doing what is the very definition of insulting.

I don't want to be "become friends" with the moderation staff. Why would anyone want to become friends with emasculated cowards with a broken moral compass? I am simply highlighting the stupidity, hypocrisy, and arbitrariness of moderation. What the mods decide to do next is entirely up to them.

If the mods decide to ban me completely, that is also up to them. I wouldn't expect anything else from such lowlife cowards. My life will not be affected at all by a ban from this forum.

*** flaming ***

Let's see. Three counts of flaming, 1 count of flamebaiting. *** banned for seven days for flaming and flamebaiting ***. Next offense will likely see you lose your nation.

The Blaatschapen - Nationstates Moderator

I figured since we were discussing DoS shielder punishments we could also discuss the compounded warnings that I noticed here. As a player I would want to know about my rule breaking behavior and this guy did take it too far, but didn't get sufficient warning or a smack with a newspaper to stop. What I am suggesting is that we don't have our multiple rule breaking a in a thread just slam us all at once. I find it not fair to anyone despite some people taking it too far. Which leads me to my main point... Which is that we shouldn't have a huge severe punishment without sufficient warning first. Perhaps a less severe one and a "you're on thin ice because of the other rule breaking." That's as best as I can describe it at 4 am, so I hope that a player comes along with a more clear head.
Last edited by Aksun on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:51 am

Just to note, the player had prior infractions as well, which is the being done compounding here, not the multiple posts I quoted.

What I did in that post was mostly trawling through the thread, collecting the rulebreaking posts, stated which rule was broken. Then, I checked the players profile, saw a 'nice' sheet of rulebreaking behaviour and decided on the seven day ban.

So yes, they did get sufficient 'newspaper whacks' prior to this.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Indhir
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Indhir » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:09 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, the player had prior infractions as well, which is the being done compounding here, not the multiple posts I quoted.

What I did in that post was mostly trawling through the thread, collecting the rulebreaking posts, stated which rule was broken. Then, I checked the players profile, saw a 'nice' sheet of rulebreaking behaviour and decided on the seven day ban.

(Forgive me if I'm not allowed to post here)
Why does his nation not exist then if it was a 7 day ban?
Consort and Justice officer of the International East Union
I am a Catholic, Social Democrat, Progressive and Patriot
Pro: Same-Sex Marriage, Pro-Life, Nordic Model Capitalism, Democracy, the SNP, Sinn Fein, Old IRA,
Anti: Fascism, Totalitarianism, Dictatorships, Monarchism, Conservatives, Anti Antifa, Homophobia, Racism, Islamic Extremism, Religious Law

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:18 am

Indhir wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:Just to note, the player had prior infractions as well, which is the being done compounding here, not the multiple posts I quoted.

I wasn't around last night, so I'm not 100% sure, but most likely reason is that he posted past ban with a puppet.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:19 am

Indhir wrote:

Other rulebreaking behaviour afterwards.

Return to Moderation