NATION

PASSWORD

Aftershock (IC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Aftershock (IC, OPEN)

Postby Arstotzkas » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:40 pm

200 years after the end of civilization, almost nothing remains. Wind blows through broken skyscrapers, and freakish monsters roam the land, in search of prey. What few survivors remain attempt to make cities and societies, but most fall quickly to chaos and destruction. What few remain, are sealed off to the rest of humanity, struggling to remain alive. However... in space it is different. Launched as last resort, a sole space station orbits Earth, with its inhabitants in complete safety. But, things are starting to fall apart. The space station is beginning to break down, its parts starting to fall apart after centuries of use. Fuel is getting low as well, due to the occasional burn to keep their orbit high. A desperate mission is launched, as a pod is sent rocketing towards the ruined Earth in search of parts and fuel to save the station. The pods systems are mysteriously disabled in mid-flight though, causing an emergency crash-lading in the middle of a distant valley. Now, they must hunt the land for parts, knowing that time is running short. Meanwhile, the survivors are forced to deal with new threats and foes, some like never before....

Accepted Characters
Connor O Brien
Jake Walker
Jermey Sanders
Adan Jimenez
Casey Munro
Valarie
Anderson
Jon Firaga
Shinra Caselhoff

ON THE SPACE STATION

Pod is now boarding, the speaker says softly Pod is now boarding. Shinra oversees the launch and sighs "Well, here we are" he says to himself. "I guess it's time to go." He looks around at the group. Thy all looked prepared enough. Hopefully, there would be no casualties. But even if there was, they couldn't afford to withdraw, otherwise it would be over for all of them He recalls the inital proposal for the mission. One day, when he had been looking through the storehouses of parts, there was only dust and cobwebs. Looking through the other warehouses was the same. Almost nothing left. The last straw came when the blackout happened. It had lasted for several days, and the artifical gravity had also gone off. That's when the Council had decided to launch the mission. Shinra also recalls his info on the Earth. Most of its dwellers was killed when the Event occured, but before that the space station Wayward had launched, aimed at being the worlds first self sustaining space station. Now, 200 years later it was breaking down. Shinra sighs. "Everyone ready?" he asks the group.

ON EARTH

Jon quietly moves towards the podium where the horn lay. He looks around carefully, to make sure only his guards were following him. As he arrives to the podium, he gets ready to begin the meeting. Usually, he would never resort to a measure like this but desperate times called for desperate ways. He reaches the horn, puts it in his mouth... and blows. The sound is massive, carrying for miles and miles. All who were of the age, would know the signal. Tribe Gathering. He sighs and sits down. "You think this is going to work?" he asks James, his bodyguard. "I don't know sir. Hopefully, we can cooperate" James replies "And, we need to find a way to stop Jack" Jack... one of their biggest problems. He had been constantly demanding to become the leader, resorted to violence always, tried to overthrow him, and probably killed a few innocnet people. They currently had him locked up, but who knows how long that would last? Jon sighs and quietly waits.
Last edited by Arstotzkas on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behold, a signature.

WHYYYY
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:57 pm

A voice crackles over the intercom: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. It is a beautiful day in space, perfect for a suicide mission to the surface." Jake strode into the cramped capsule saluting the others. He was wearing a compression suit like the others, and had a headset over his hair. He carried a backpack of equipment, which he strapped down next to the pilots seat. He plopped into the ragged chair and buckled in. "If you would please put your seatbelts on snugly. I apologize for the cramped conditions, but this is the only pod big enough." With that, Jake began going through the safety confirmation, talking into the headset.

"Ablative heat shield conditions?" He asked.
"Nominal," a voice said over the comms system.
"Parachutes?"
"Nominal"
"Solar arrays?
"Nominal"
"RCS tanks and thrusters?"
"Nominal"
"Bipropellant tanks and thrusters?"
"Nominal"

Tilting his head to look at the others, he said calmly, "sorry about all the checks, gotta make sure we don't die."

Adjusting the headset, he finally said, "Mission command, this is Surveyor 1. Safety checks complete, prepare to undock at my signal."
Sorry moderators.

Generailia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Jeremy Sanders
Space Station

Jeremy was leaning against a wall near the entrance to the pod. He was wearing the standard Combat Armor of his security division and had a belt on which had his 10mm pistol at his left and his baton at his right that was of course fully retracted. The man also had his usual furious expression across his face though anyone who knew him would know that he really wasn't angry at all.

The man arrived somewhat early and had been leaning against the wall for quiet sometime. He even examined some of the people who walked by them..though most seemed to think he was giving them a dirty look. Then after an incident where he almost got in a fight with someone over not only the look but his bored and short responses he decided it would be best to simply keep to himself. When the speaker went off Jeremy simply got off the wall and silently examined the group he was going to be working with.

After he finished his quick examination Jeremy thought to himself. Shit...should I be exited or terrified? I think it would be best to allow a little bit of both..just hope this goes smoothly. Then when the man who Jeremy recognized as his commander spoke up Jeremy simply nodded his head simply before he entered the pod and took the first seat he saw as he then began to wait for the pod to take off.
Last edited by Generailia on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:39 am

Checking over his instruments, Jake leaned back and gave a tremendous yawn. Turning to face the others, he said, "I'd strap in tight if I were you. I'm flying this on four hours of sleep and a large coffee." Turning back to the controls, he said into the headset, "Mission command, you are clear to undock."

The hatch at the back of the capsule slammed shut and there was a hiss of air as wires and cables disconnected. With one final clunk, the Surveyor was separate from the space station. Jake leaned back and closed his eyes, telling the others, "We need to wait a few minutes for tidal forces to take us away from the station before we can fire the engines."
Sorry moderators.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 am

Casey Munro

Several miles North of Jon's camp were four insignificant dots. Each one larger than the one preceding it. This tiny group consisted only of four individuals. Three mammals and a bird. In the lead was a boy with wavy blond hair, holding a bag by one strap with one hand, and an improvised spear with the other. Tagging along behind him was a male red fox, wearing a vest. In each of its pockets were seeds and other important things. Next came a female doberman, carrying a slightly larger vest than the fox. At the end of the line was an unusually large raven. It hopped after it's companions for a few yards, then flew off the ground so as not to be left behind.

Every now and then, the boy would glance back to see if his "friends" were still around. Whenever he looked and saw that they remained, he smiled, filled with hope once more. All around them were empty lots. Small houses must have been scattered all over this area once. but now it was all ruins and snow. Snow and more snow for miles. The boy slowed down and stopped. The animals behind him followed suit not minutes after. They stood wary for a few moments before the boy turned around to face them. "Tasha... Crispin... Taffy..." he said softly and looked up at the sky, pointing with a finger.

"Night's gonna fall soon. Do you mind if we take a break?" the boy asked. The animals neither agreed nor protested. The boy nodded, smiling. "Right then." he faced his original path and begins to walk once more, in search of shelter.

15 minutes later, and the boy located a hatch. The problem was, it was rather... rusty. It took several vigorous thrusts with his spear to get it loose. But once the boy opened it, an awful smell drifted out. The boy wrinkled his nose, and the fox, his snout. The dog vigorously shakes her head, and the raven flew back several meters in disgust, letting out a few annoyed squawks to emphasize this.

"Goodness..." the boy mutters, squinting into the basement. And suddenly, he freezes. In fright, of course. Against the wall sat three skeletons. Two smaller ones clinging to a larger one. Strewn across the floor in front of them were more skeletal remains. The boy released the hatch, allowing it to slam down and shut the place away. He scooted back on his rump, several feet. His breathing was ragged as he imagined what might have happened to those poor, poor people.

The fox then padded over to the boy's side and gave him a lick on his cheek. Although not entirely cheered up, the boy gave the fox a hug around it's neck. Over the past month, it had grown to act like a pet dog, like Tasha. The raven also flew over and perched on the child's shoulder. It seemed to be trying it's best not to hurt it's master by accident. The boy chuckled sweetly as the doberman trots up to the group and lays over her master's lap.

"Thanks..." he simply says. The animals only stare, but seem to acknowledge their human's thanks. It was the least they could do, after everything this young boy had done for them selflessly.

This place was awful indeed. But the warmth of having your friends around would always change that.
Last edited by Kylantha on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:52 am

Jeremy Sanders
The Surveyor

Jeremy was clearly jumpy since throughout the undocking the man seemed to have been startled by even the lowest noise. Then when they finally undocked the man's reaction seemed to be very similar to that of startled cat. Yet when the pilot spoke up and seemed to have acted as if everything was alright the man breathed a sigh of relief as he sank back into his seat.

Then as soon as he got comfortable the man decided it would be best to strap himself in just encase things got a bit rough on their flight. Then after he was strapped in he thought to himself. Well I guess we're off then. Got to calm the fuck down..I'm sure that my little freak out didn't really give the best impression. Jeremy then sat back in his seat as he began to relax and after some time he was able to do so. Then once he was relaxed he leaned forward slightly as he waited for either someone to speak up or for the engines to be fired up.
Last edited by Generailia on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Jake waited for about five minutes for tidal forces to carry the capsule several hundred feet from the space station, then reactivated the headset.

"Activating RCS," he said as he grabbed a control stick and pressed a few buttons. Adjusting the stick, the entire capsule swung 180 degrees so the pilots window faced the station.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I will be your tour guide today. Below you is planet Earth, which is what we will be crashing into at several hundred miles per hour. With parachutes, of course. All around you you will see space. That is where we are. Directly ahead and slightly above us is the space station. Take one last look, since this is the last close up view we'll have of it for a long, long time."

Jake kept the capsule sitting there for a few minutes, looking down at earth. The planet looked different from old maps. Most of the green patches were brown now, and the night side of the planet, which could barely be seen from their angle, no longer shone with the lights of cities.

Suddenly, Jake straightened in his seat and adjusted the headset. The speaker on the headset sAid into his ear, "Surveyor 1, this is Mission Command, you are clear for burn."
"Roger that Mission Command, commencing retrograde burn."
Jake grabbed a large switch, and throttled it up halfway. Each side of the capsule vibrated as the engine attached there began firing, slowing the ship down. The space station shot past the capsule, continuing its orbit. Jake kept his eye on the screens before him, one showing a layout of how the ships orbit would take them, the other showing readings like temperature, fuel levels, and g-forces on the craft.

Jake throttled down after a few minutes of firing the engines. "Mission command, this is Surveyor 1. Periapsis has dropped to 20 miles. Preparing craft for reentry."

Jake flipped several switches closing up the solar panels and radiators, and double checked to make sure all the sensors were active. He turned to face the rest of the crew. "Sorry about that. We're about an hour until we reenter the atmosphere, and there's not much to do till then."
Sorry moderators.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:21 pm

WHYYYY wrote:Jake waited for about five minutes for tidal forces to carry the capsule several hundred feet from the space station, then reactivated the headset.

"Activating RCS," he said as he grabbed a control stick and pressed a few buttons. Adjusting the stick, the entire capsule swung 180 degrees so the pilots window faced the station.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I will be your tour guide today. Below you is planet Earth, which is what we will be crashing into at several hundred miles per hour. With parachutes, of course. All around you you will see space. That is where we are. Directly ahead and slightly above us is the space station. Take one last look, since this is the last close up view we'll have of it for a long, long time."

Jake kept the capsule sitting there for a few minutes, looking down at earth. The planet looked different from old maps. Most of the green patches were brown now, and the night side of the planet, which could barely be seen from their angle, no longer shone with the lights of cities.

Suddenly, Jake straightened in his seat and adjusted the headset. The speaker on the headset sAid into his ear, "Surveyor 1, this is Mission Command, you are clear for burn."
"Roger that Mission Command, commencing retrograde burn."
Jake grabbed a large switch, and throttled it up halfway. Each side of the capsule vibrated as the engine attached there began firing, slowing the ship down. The space station shot past the capsule, continuing its orbit. Jake kept his eye on the screens before him, one showing a layout of how the ships orbit would take them, the other showing readings like temperature, fuel levels, and g-forces on the craft.

Jake throttled down after a few minutes of firing the engines. "Mission command, this is Surveyor 1. Periapsis has dropped to 20 miles. Preparing craft for reentry."

Jake flipped several switches closing up the solar panels and radiators, and double checked to make sure all the sensors were active. He turned to face the rest of the crew. "Sorry about that. We're about an hour until we reenter the atmosphere, and there's not much to do till then."

Shinra sighs.. It would be a long day. Might as well make the best of this. He says "So, might as well get to know ou all. What are your guys name and why are you going to the surface?" If he were to survive on this planet, he would need to know these people a lot better. "I'm Shinra." he says to the others "You might know me as the commander of all security forces on this station. I came down to the surface because, it's a challenge for me" In actuality he had several other reasons for going down to the planet, ones that he was not ready to reveal yet. Also, he wouldn't mention his sister. That was too painful. He thinks about her quickly, but the memory is too much to bear. He shakes it off and looks outside. Just space.
behold, a signature.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Jeremy Sanders
The Surveyor

Jeremy listened to both their pilot and the man who introduced himself as Shira. Then once he finished Jeremy said. "Jeremy Sanders and my uniform says what I am. I'm here to see something new." Then Jeremy patiently waited for someone else to speak up as he thought to himself. Why the hell is Shira here?! Shouldn't he be doing his fucking job instead of going to the surface just to prove how tough he is?! Without him things might..no they damn well will get worse! He is still outranks me so I need to at least try to act respectful..even if he is either a fucking idiot or a damn coward. Hell I'm also here to prove myself but that is because I still have something to prove! Damn..got to calm the hell down before I start saying some of the things I'm thinking. Throughout his silence Jeremy simply stared off into the distance as his face became a bit more angry looking then it already was. Then once Jeremy finished his thought he asked. "So captain..who exactly are you?" When Jeremy finished he then leaned forward as he anxiously awaited the pilot's response.
Last edited by Generailia on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Generailia wrote:Jeremy Sanders
The Surveyor

Jeremy listened to both their pilot and the man who introduced himself as Shira. Then once he finished Jeremy said. "Jeremy Sanders and my uniform says what I am. I'm here to see something new." Then Jeremy patiently waited for someone else to speak up as he thought to himself. Why the hell is Shira here?! Shouldn't he be doing his fucking job instead of going to the surface just to prove how tough he is?! Without him things might..no they damn well will get worse! He is still outranks me so I need to at least try to act respectful..even if he is either a fucking idiot or a damn coward. Hell I'm also here to prove myself but that is because I still have something to prove! Damn..got to calm the hell down before I start saying some of the things I'm thinking. Throughout his silence Jeremy simply stared off into the distance as his face became a bit more angry looking then it already was. Then once Jeremy finished his thought he asked. "So captain..who exactly are you?" Then Jeremy leaned forward as he anxiously awaited the pilot's response.

"Hmm?" Jake had been staring off into space and considering how hilarious it would be if something happened like the parachutes broke off or their heat shield wasn't attached right. "My name is Jake Walker. I like long romantic walks on the beach, sharing a sunset with someone special, and cuddling by fire light. As for why I'm here... I don't actually know why I came here. I mean, it was plenty boring on the space station, and I doubt any of you know how to fly this thing. Or any of the other things we may be encountering."

Jake paused, remembering a documentary he'd watched a few weeks ago. "Speaking of landing, we should be landing on the east coast of north America. There are plenty of launch pads there, and there should be some rocket parts still left. They built those facilities to last."

He looked over at the group. "You're looking pretty tense Jeremy, something got you down? If it's the rather run-down appearance of our little ship, don't worry, I'm 64% sure we will get out of landing with only minor casualties."
Sorry moderators.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Jeremy Sanders
The Surveyor

Jeremy only listened to the part when the man gave his name and when the man continued to talk Jeremy ignored him as he thought to himself. This guy really likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he? Then when Jeremy heard his name he immediately began to listen to the man again and when he finished Jeremy responded. "I'm fine." Then he went back to daydreaming as he silently waited for either someone to speak up or for something interesting to happen.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Jake half-closed his eyes, and reclined as much as the seat would let him. Suddenly, the screen beeped. "Get ready," he said to the others, sitting up straight and grabbing the controls. "We will reenter the atmosphere in 3... 2... 1..."

The entry was surprisingly uneventful. The real fun won't start for another minute or two, he thought.

A minute later, bright red fire flashed by the windows, waves of compressed air flying past. The ship rocked slightly, and Jake had to pull hard on the controls to keep it under control. "Mission Command, this is Surveyor 1, we are 30 miles up and moving at 900 miles per hour, deploying drogue parachutes." At the flip of a switch, three small parachutes designed to just slow down the ship a little deployed.

After a minute, Jake spoke again. "Deploying main parachute." With a sickening rattle and a clank, Jake could barely see the much larger parachute spiraling away from the capsule in a shower of bolts. "Mission Command, we have an emergency. The main parachute has broken away from the craft, deploying radial parachutes.

He flipped another switch, and... nothing happened. He flipped it again, then craned his neck to look at one of the two radial parachutes-abnormally undeployed. "Mission Command, mayday, radial parachutes have not deployed. I'm attempting to slow the craft with RCS."

He pressed and held a button, firing small jets of gas to try and slow the ship down. Turning to face the others, he chucked and said, "Well, we've got a tiny problem. We're gonna land with three tiny parachutes and four tiny engines. Watch where you orient your head, since you may just lose all of your teeth."
Sorry moderators.

Protestant England and Germany
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Protestant England and Germany » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:07 am

Connor O'Brien

Life as a caravan guard didn't appeal to Connor so much as it served to help him get to the West. In fact, he had seen too many caravans targeted by raiders and scavs than he could count. He walked along side the lead wagon and often chatted with the driver, Silas. "So, how long until you leave?" Silas asked as usual. "Silas, for three weeks I've been with this caravan, and for three weeks you've asked me that same question. You know the answer to that as well as I do, I'll leave once I've found what I'm looking for." Connor had grown to like the people in the caravan and they found him valuable when finding new plants to harvest or whenever they found a piece of old time technology or any artifacts. Silas smiled at him and turned back to the trail before remarking "Maybe what your looking for is right here." "Maybe, Silas, maybe..." He is cut off by cries as an unknown object rocket through the skies and down to earth. "My god, what the hell is that?" Silas asked almost mesmerized by the object. With a straight face, Connor said "All I know is is might be valuable, so we'd better keep an eye on it to see where it lands. It could yield some tech that might be useful." Connor grabbed on to the side of the lead wagon as the rest of the walkers clambered onto what ever wagon they could get to.
Last edited by Protestant England and Germany on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
After spending 19 years on this earth, I've learned one important thing. Life is a bitch, but its the way you roll with the punches and fight back that makes it wonderful.
I am a right leaning independent
Regulated Capitalism, Regulated Socialism, Democracy 2nd Amendment, Castle Doctrine, Increased Military Spending, Israel, Kurdistan, Allowing Illegal Immigrants to become citizens by either joining the military, earning a college degree, or joining the work force, Affordable Health Care
Communism, Fascism, Dictatorships, Racism (across the board), Sexism (across the board), Extremism, Iran, China, Russia, Palestine, ISIS, People who take advantage of the system

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:28 am

Jake looked at the instruments with interest. Ten miles up, moving at one hundred miles per hour. A few seconds until landing, he thought. The fact that the main parachutes failed to deploy was extremely bad news, meaning they would hit the ground incredibly fast. Then, the capsule smashed into the earth at 60 miles per hour. The capsule flipped several times, and Jake's head smashed against the instrument panel. After rolling a few more times, the steaming spacecraft came to a rest after digging a hundred-foot trench.

Jake groaned. His head was bleeding. "Everyone okay?" he called out.
Sorry moderators.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Jeremy Sanders
The Surveyor

When Jake announced what was going to happen Jeremy remained silent as he did his best to prepare himself for what would very likely be a crash landing. Then when they first hit the ground Jeremy's head smashed against something rather heavy and the man's consciousness was taken from him as all he suddenly saw was a near endless blackness. Throughout the landing Jeremy's armor took most of the damage..yet the pain also reached what it was protecting.

Then when the spacecraft finally stopped a few seconds passed before Jeremy awoke to what sounded like a faint voice asking if everyone was alright. Then Jeremy responded after spitting out some blood. "I'm not dead." Before he tried to get a look at his surroundings. All that greeted him was the same shuttle..yet with a massive amounts of dents and even some smoke not to far away from where he was hanging. By hanging he meant that he was on the new roof of the spacecraft with nothing but his straps holding him in. Then Jeremy looked down as he tried to undo his straps..yet it was rather hard to see past the bunch of dark circles taking up some parts of his vision. Yet after some time Jeremy was able to free himself yet he was met with the new floor of the spacecraft as a loud noise spread throughout it.

When Jeremy hit the floor his armor yet again took most of the damage and he was able to cover his head with his hands luckily when he hit it. Then Jeremy slowly got up as his entire body felt pained yet the dark circles in his vision began to fade as he said. "We..have to get the fuck out of here." Then the man began searching for an exit.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:48 pm

The Surveyor

When Jake announced what was going to happen Jeremy remained silent as he did his best to prepare himself for what would very likely be a crash landing. Then when they first hit the ground Jeremy's head smashed against something rather heavy and the man's consciousness was taken from him as all he suddenly saw was a near endless blackness. Throughout the landing Jeremy's armor took most of the damage..yet the pain also reached what it was protecting.

Then when the spacecraft finally stopped a few seconds passed before Jeremy awoke to what sounded like a faint voice asking if everyone was alright. Then Jeremy responded after spitting out some blood. "I'm not dead." Before he tried to get a look at his surroundings. All that greeted him was the same shuttle..yet with a massive amounts of dents and even some smoke not to far away from where he was hanging. By hanging he meant that he was on the new roof of the spacecraft with nothing but his straps holding him in. Then Jeremy looked down as he tried to undo his straps..yet it was rather hard to see past the bunch of dark circles taking up some parts of his vision. Yet after some time Jeremy was able to free himself yet he was met with the new floor of the spacecraft as a loud noise spread throughout it.

When Jeremy hit the floor his armor yet again took most of the damage and he was able to cover his head with his hands luckily when he hit it. Then Jeremy slowly got up as his entire body felt pained yet the dark circles in his vision began to fade as he said. "We..have to get the fuck out of here." Then the man began searching for an exit.

Jake quickly opened a drawer near the pilots seat and filled his backpack with food, water, and first aid supplies, before unhooking himself from his harness. He flipped back out of his seat and fell to the capsule's floor Or I guess capsules wall, he thought with a smile, landing on his feet.

Hearing Jeremy, he said, "I agree. Grab what you can." Jake walked over to the hatch, which thankfully was facing the right way. He eyed the smoke slowly filling the interior of the ship, and pushed on the hatch. The hatch swung open in a hiss of air as the pressures equalised.

Jake leapt out of the capsule, landing on the warm, dry brown dirt. He looked around the area. Scrubby trees and bushes, light green patches of grass, miles of dirt. In the distance, the Atlantic ocean shimmered. "Yeah! We made it!"

Looking back at the capsule, it was in bad shape. The half facing the ground had been scratched and torn in some places. Several fuel tanks attached around the craft were cracked and leaking, and one was missing entirely.
Sorry moderators.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Jeremy Sanders

While Jeremy was searching he looked over to see Jake simply open a hatch and leap out. Jeremy then sighed as he silently made his way over to the hatch. The journey towards it was made harder due to the fact that he felt as if he was just attacked by a large group of people wielding baseball bats.

Then as soon as Jeremy reached the hatch he heard Jake speak up again yet this time he heard it far more clearly as the dark circles in his vision had finally faded away and as Jeremy slowly made his way out while squinting due to the fact that his eyes where getting used to the sudden change in light he said. "Yeah we aren't dead. But we seem to be stuck here." Then when Jeremy got out he silently examined his surroundings as he waited for Jake's response.
Last edited by Generailia on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:08 pm

While Jeremy was searching he looked over to see Jake simply open a hatch and leap out. Jeremy then sighed as he silently made his way over to the hatch. The journey towards it was made harder due to the fact that he felt as if he was just attacked by a large group of people wielding baseball bats.

Then as soon as Jeremy reached the hatch he heard Jake speak up again yet this time he heard it far more clearly as the dark circles in his vision had finally faded away and as Jeremy slowly made his way out while squinting due to the fact that his eyes where getting used to the sudden change in light he said. "Yeah we aren't dead. But we seem to be stuck here." Then when Jeremy got out he silently examined his surroundings as he waited for Jake's response.

Jake saw Jeremy walk out and join him. Hearing him speak, Jake thought of his gps. "I think I can find out where we are," he said, opening a first aid kit. "But first, we should probably make sure nobody is dead or dying."
Sorry moderators.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Jeremy Sanders

Jeremy was still examining his surroundings when he heard Jake speak up. Then once he finished Jeremy responded. "I'm fine..by the way where is Shinra?" Jeremy then looked around him and once he saw that the man wasn't there he then said. "Shit..I think he is still inside." Then as Jeremy approached the hatch he stopped for a second as he turned towards Jake and asked. "You want us to stay out here or for me to check on him?" Then Jeremy waited for the man's response as he turned towards the shuttle and stared at it with a worried look on his face.
Last edited by Generailia on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Jeremy was still examining his surroundings when he heard Jake speak up. Then once he finished Jeremy responded. "I'm fine..by the way where is Shinra?" Jeremy then looked around him and once he saw that the man wasn't there he then said. "Shit..I think he is still inside." Then as Jeremy approached the hatch he stopped for a second as he turned towards Jake and asked. "You want us to stay out here or for me to check on him?" Then Jeremy waited for the man's response as he turned towards the shuttle and stared at it with a worried look on his face.

Jeremy was right, the rest of the crew was still inside. "You can go inside," he said, zipping open his backpack. "I need to figure out where we are." He rapidly pulled out his GPS, and radio. The GPS screen flashed: "SEARCHING FOR SATELLITES..." and the radio played garbled static for a moment. When the signal stabilized, Jake spoke into the radio, "Mission Command, this is Surveyor 1. We have crashed after a parachute failure. The capsule is badly damaged, and will most likely not be repairable. The crew appears to be okay. Over."

Having sent the message, Jake looked at the GPS. It had found several of the many satellites Jake had repaired and patched into his own network. It now showed their location, which was on the East Coast of North America. Flipping through the GPS wide variety of available maps, he saw that they were in an area formerly known as Virginia. A city was fairly close to them. Jake put the GPS away and clipped the radio to his belt. Pulling out a pair of thankfully undamaged binoculars, Jake climbed up the torn side of the capsule until he was standing on top of it. It was still fairly hot to the touch. I'll need to work fast, he thought. He scanned the horizon until he found a tall structure sticking up to the south. There's our city. He slid down the capsules side and sat on a rock. Yawning, he pulled out a bottle of caffeine pills and took one. Gotta stay awake for a few more hours, he thought. After a minute or so, Jake hopped up and walked back into the capsule.
Sorry moderators.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Protestant England and Germany » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:37 pm

WHYYYY wrote:

Jeremy was right, the rest of the crew was still inside. "You can go inside," he said, zipping open his backpack. "I need to figure out where we are." He rapidly pulled out his GPS, and radio. The GPS screen flashed: "SEARCHING FOR SATELLITES..." and the radio played garbled static for a moment. When the signal stabilized, Jake spoke into the radio, "Mission Command, this is Surveyor 1. We have crashed after a parachute failure. The capsule is badly damaged, and will most likely not be repairable. The crew appears to be okay. Over."

Having sent the message, Jake looked at the GPS. It had found several of the many satellites Jake had repaired and patched into his own network. It now showed their location, which was on the East Coast of North America. Flipping through the GPS wide variety of available maps, he saw that they were in an area formerly known as Virginia. A city was fairly close to them. Jake put the GPS away and clipped the radio to his belt. Pulling out a pair of thankfully undamaged binoculars, Jake climbed up the torn side of the capsule until he was standing on top of it. It was still fairly hot to the touch. I'll need to work fast, he thought. He scanned the horizon until he found a tall structure sticking up to the south. There's our city. He slid down the capsules side and sat on a rock. Yawning, he pulled out a bottle of caffeine pills and took one. Gotta stay awake for a few more hours, he thought. After a minute or so, Jake hopped up and walked back into the capsule.

Connor O'Brien

The caravan stopped two miles miles from the crash site and it was starting to get dark as the hired gun and some of the caravan owners unpacked and prepared to move towards the object. Some of the hired guns were told to stay with the caravan due to possible raider and scav attacks, Connor was one of the ones who was sent towards the object. "Hey Silas" he whispered as he pointed towards a mean looking double barreled shotgun, "you still know how to use that thing?" Silas smiled at him and said as he reached into his shell pouch, retrieving two 12 gauge buckshot. "I could drop you at 50 yards with this and not bat an eye." He chambered the rounds as quietly as possible as they walked toward the object. When they got within 75 feet, they saw it was a buzz with activity and there were people clambering all over it, pulling out equipment, setting weird things up, with one person acting as a look out. They snuck within 25 feet before popping up with guns raised. Connor locked on one person and trained his rifle on him while yelling "ON THE GROUND, ON THE GROUND NOW!"
After spending 19 years on this earth, I've learned one important thing. Life is a bitch, but its the way you roll with the punches and fight back that makes it wonderful.
Regulated Capitalism, Regulated Socialism, Democracy 2nd Amendment, Castle Doctrine, Increased Military Spending, Israel, Kurdistan, Allowing Illegal Immigrants to become citizens by either joining the military, earning a college degree, or joining the work force, Affordable Health Care
Communism, Fascism, Dictatorships, Racism (across the board), Sexism (across the board), Extremism, Iran, China, Russia, Palestine, ISIS, People who take advantage of the system

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Protestant England and Germany wrote:
WHYYYY wrote:

Connor O'Brien

The caravan stopped two miles miles from the crash site and it was starting to get dark as the hired gun and some of the caravan owners unpacked and prepared to move towards the object. Some of the hired guns were told to stay with the caravan due to possible raider and scav attacks, Connor was one of the ones who was sent towards the object. "Hey Silas" he whispered as he pointed towards a mean looking double barreled shotgun, "you still know how to use that thing?" Silas smiled at him and said as he reached into his shell pouch, retrieving two 12 gauge buckshot. "I could drop you at 50 yards with this and not bat an eye." He chambered the rounds as quietly as possible as they walked toward the object. When they got within 75 feet, they saw it was a buzz with activity and there were people clambering all over it, pulling out equipment, setting weird things up, with one person acting as a look out. They snuck within 25 feet before popping up with guns raised. Connor locked on one person and trained his rifle on him while yelling "ON THE GROUND, ON THE GROUND NOW!"

When Jake heard the shouting, he looked over and saw a group of people holding firearms. We've got company, he thought. In a flash, he put his equipment in his backpack and threw it into the capsule, slamming the door shut and activating the coded lock, all in one fluid motion. The crew and all their equipment were stuck inside the capsule for now, Jake being the only one outside.

Jake then kneeled on the ground and put his hands up. He grinned at the group of natives. "Hey there!" he called to them nonchalantly.
Sorry moderators.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Protestant England and Germany » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:51 pm

WHYYYY wrote:
Connor O'Brien

When Jake heard the shouting, he looked over and saw a group of people holding firearms. We've got company, he thought. In a flash, he put his equipment in his backpack and threw it into the capsule, slamming the door shut and activating the coded lock, all in one fluid motion. The crew and all their equipment were stuck inside the capsule for now, Jake being the only one outside.

Jake then kneeled on the ground and put his hands up. He grinned at the group of natives. "Hey there!" he called to them nonchalantly.

One of the hired guns hit the lone person in the back, sending him sprawling on the ground. "Hey! That is not how we do things!" Connor said almost immediately before smacking the merc in the back of the head. He then forced the man back up to his knees and Silas leveled his shotgun two inches from the mans head. Connor looked at him hesitantly before asking "Who are you and where are you from?"

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:59 pm

WHYYYY wrote:

One of the hired guns hit the lone person in the back, sending him sprawling on the ground. "Hey! That is not how we do things!" Connor said almost immediately before smacking the merc in the back of the head. He then forced the man back up to his knees and Silas leveled his shotgun two inches from the mans head. Connor looked at him hesitantly before asking "Who are you and where are you from?"

Jake wasn't expecting the hit in the back. It knocked him over, and he hit his head wound on the ground, making him hiss in pain. He was suddenly forced back up, with a shotgun in his face. He was being asked a question. "Me? My name is Jake Walker, and, I know you're not going to believe this, but I am from space." He nodded up at the sky for emphasis.
Sorry moderators.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Protestant England and Germany » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:06 pm

WHYYYY wrote:

Jake wasn't expecting the hit in the back. It knocked him over, and he hit his head wound on the ground, making him hiss in pain. He was suddenly forced back up, with a shotgun in his face. He was being asked a question. "Me? My name is Jake Walker, and, I know you're not going to believe this, but I am from space." He nodded up at the sky for emphasis.

Connor couldn't believe this, a man from space? If it was any normal circumstances, he would have laughed and set him in the category of crazy person, but with the crash landing of the space thing, he wasn't sure what to believe. "Impossible, there is no way to get to space, and even if you could, there is no way to stay in or live in space." He looked at Silas, who looked like he just had a visit from some divine being. He then turned "Jake's" head toward the capsule. "What is that and what is it's purpose?"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse