NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome home to Sydney IC Thread (MT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Welcome home to Sydney IC Thread (MT)

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:07 am

Please note: This RP assumes that the border check point has been c, eared
Welcome to Sydney, the capital of NSW and the largist city in Australia with a population of 5 million. Sydney, your new home. Sydney is a twin city with Sydney and Western sydney, and also a conurbation between Sydney, Campbelltown, Penrith, Liverpool and Parramatta
Sydney is a bustling cosmopolitan
Sydney typically has a warm climate, though the locals consider the winters cold.
A cold and dry winter's Sunday aftrrnoon in Sydney with temperatures around 18°C in the city and in the west. Due to the cold weather, few have gone out.
The city is running at buisiness as usual
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

ATTN: Aurora Confederacy

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:00 am

Dear Azure Trucking. We represent a major national supermarket
Sorry for disturbing you on a Sundye, but we need a delivery. Sorry about the short notice and to disturb you on a Sunday, but are you able to deliver bananas from our depot in Dubbo to a supermarket in Darwin? We need them there by 6 am Sunday Darwin time (which is half an hour behind Sydney). Remember,you and your truck must meet HACCP accreditation, and we only have quarantine clearance for NSW, South Australia and the Northern Territory. Are you able to make this delivery
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:26 am

MV Saga-Ace.
Sydney Harbour

As the ship passes under the harbour bridge, Martyne turns on her phone before looking across to the skyline to see what is her new home after leaving Neu Engollon which was her holiday before she sailed out to Sydney, and so she waits for a signal which didn't take long. From her vantage point on the top of the ship, an unusual mode of transport for the modern migrant worker but at least she is coming to Australian soil through the legitimate channels despite coming through by sea, Martyne had a view of the skyline of Sydney harbour's southern shore as well as the bow wave being generated by the ship as it came into port. As she flicked through her phone, it gave various items of information
"welcome to Australia....... " then across the screen walks a cartoon butler. *Thud thud thud* "You have mail, ma'am" *thud thud thud* and so Martyne tapped the screen and the message came up.

Dear Azure Trucking, orry to disturb you on a Sunday, but I represent a major national supermarket and would like you to make pick up bananas from our depot in Dubbo and deliver them to Darwin. Do you think you're able to get them there by 6 am Tuesday, Darwin time (which is half an hour behind Sydney time). Also, please verify you're truck's HACCP accreditation, as federal law dictates that all food must meet HACCP accreditation at all stages, including delivrry, and please ensure your fridge is working, as Darwin is in the tropics and it gets quite hot, even in winter. Thank you!

"interesting, I haven't even set foot on soil yet and a job offer is coming through to me" says Marty before tapping out a reply
"Marty, it would seem that you are likely to be popular if they're asking you even before you have got into the country" replies Tiffany as she leans on the hand rail of the ship, watching the tug come along side and the crew go about their work of getting the ship towed and assisted to its berth, especially as vehicle carriers have about the same handling as a giant shoe box on water, in fact you could probably say that a pig that is drunk and rolling on wet grass probably steers better than the ship!.

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your interest in our services, Once i have cleared customs within Sydney and registered my vehicle for use within Australia, I will contact you with regards to the offer. I am scheduled to berth in aproximately one hour though then have to get the truck certified for use and I am not sure how long this procedure will take, once I am through the process I will duly contact you with a time for pick up and an aproximate time for delivery.

Yours Sicnerely,
Martyne Lombard.

Once the mail is tapped out on her smart phone, Martyne presses the [SEND] icon and the message is on its way to whoever actually sent it then Marty turns to face Tiffany, "yeah and ya know what, We need to be off the ship first otherwise they won't be able to unload, Im kinda blocking everything in" she says, "though getting things out is gonna be easier than loading the truck was, reversing that rig was a complete bugger, so lets get to the car deck i think. You got everything Tiff?"

Tiffany reaches down and picks up her bag, "yep, passports, visas, driving licences for us are all in here" she says, reaching in to retrive Martyne's documents in order to hand them to Marty before walking down the ship towards the car deck as the ship is being nosed around by the tugboats that have come out to assist it. Whilst the tugs go about that task, Martyne and Tiffany walk down stairways and companionways to the vehicle deck where upon entering they walk over to the DS900 which was sitting on its suspension stops because the suspension had been deflated in order to get the truck onto the ship.

At the truck Martyne begins the process of performing a walk around, firstly she checks the trailers for stowaways mainly out of habbit as opposed to need for people are not trying to leave the nation in droves because of lack of civil rights war or pestilence as the Aurora Confederacy is in many ways a safe, prosperous place to live, if that is you don't mind the fact that cctv cameras are everywhere in the country. Whilst Martyne does the walk around, Tiffany unlocks the cab and slings the bag into the passenger footwell before climbing into the cab in order to sling that bag onto the bunk.

"Marty?" she yells

"Yeah?" replies Marty, "whats up?"

"Do we need tacho cards like back home?" she asks

"not sure, I think they run log books here I will ask once we are off the ship" replies Marty as she plugs in the jumper leads between the two trailers then walks down to the drivers side just as the ship lurches slightly and making a resounding rumble which echoes throughout the ship. "I think we're against the dock" she says as two deck hands head down past the truck to the door controls.

One of the dockers presses some buttons on a control panel and the ship's massive rear door begins to lower letting light into the vehicle deck whilst another begins the task of releasing the truck and moments later the ramp was firmly on the quayside with the bright afternoon sun and at 18c, Martyne has not fastened her jacket up. With the chains that were holding the truck in place now falling to the floor Martyne climbs into the drivers seat then takes the keys from the visor and places ignition key into the switch and turns it. First to come on is the stereo, then the dash lights as the key passes [II] then at [s] the starter chirps into life dragging the big V12 around with it which after a few seconds erupts into life and so Marty releases the key allowing it to spring back to the [II] position.

With the engine spinning Tiffany closes her door a few seconds after Marty closes hers then in a rather comedic voice points forwards "ONWARRRD!" she shouts and so Martyne releases the brakes and slips the truck from [P] through [R] and [N] into [D] and slowly presses the throttle and nurses the truck forwards under the watchful eye of one of the ships crew who uses hand signals to guide Marty forwards towards the ramp. Once down onto the hard standing Marty briefly parks up and jumps out to reset the trailer suspension before returning to the cab and pressing the reset button to also reset the suspension of the prime mover unit then slowly the truck raises up to its running height and so Martyne then begins the slow drive through to the customs office to get her papers signed.

"Will they let us in?" asks Tiffany,
"I dont think we have any problems entering, we have a clean record, no outstanding violations and such" replies Martyne, reaching for a pair of shades as she carefully navigates the truck through the maze of lanes that would eventually bring her out to a small outbuilding marked kCUSTOMS OFFICEo. "okay lets get this over with" says Martyne as she puts the parking brake on and climbs down to the hard standing with her documents in hand whilst Tiffany who is not quite so nimble on her feet takes a more gingerly route to the floor before walking over to the same hut.

"G'day!" says Martyne as she enters.

Outside, the truck, a 32.8 litre, yes thirty two litres!!!, DS900 sits silently, its 4-way signals flashing, as such the front has just two amber lights, the rear of the prime mover has 2 flashing amber lights whilst down the side of the prime mover, the side markers are flashing whilst down the trailer, 9 side markers on each side of each trailer flash with 8 flashing amber lights on the rear of the lead trailer, 6 below the trailer doors, 2 mounted at the top of the trailer doors, with the rear of the front support bogie of the no2 trailer having 4 amber flashing lights (2 each side) which are also joined by the 9 flashing marker lights and 6 flashing lights at the rear of the truck. (4 below the doors on each side with 2 set into the top of the doors on each side), there is NO MISTAKING this truck as the lights in the doors are actually a full set of tail lights featuring turn signals, tail lights, fog lights, brake lights and reversing lights and though thet are not turned on at the moment, the under chassis lights which glow purple also flash orange with the relevant turn signal! oh how typically Auroran!
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:40 am

The two women were asked to fill out two forms, one for migration and one for quarantine. They were then asked to declare anything they may have to quarantine
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:55 am

Martyne turns to the official,
"Not too bad sir thank you, and i have nothing to declare. though we do need the import certificates and register the D S Nine Hundred that is sat outside" she says, handing over the V5C form which gives details of the owner and the vehicle, also in the folder are the current Certificates of Conformity and Certificate of roadworthiness for the 3 units as well as the calibration details for the tachograph, "can you point us into the right location for registering the rig here please?" she asks whilst Tiffany turns to the woman interviewing her

"the only thing I have to declare are these" she says, handing over a details for over-the-counter pharmaceuticals that she has for keeping phantom limb pain under control, they are little more than paracetamol type pills. "back home these are run of the mill legal, probably available here over the counter but I'd figure id declare them anyway, just to be safe" she says, before pulling up her pant legs, "you see they're for these". As the pant legs come up to the level of a shin, they reveal a pair of aluminium tubes that belong to a pair of prosthetic legs, two red LEDs glow at the base where the ankle joint is.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:09 am

The two women managed to clear the border and now have the right to live in Australia. "As for your truck" said the border official "I'm terribly sorry madame, but that's a state department. You will have to vosit a motor registery. I think there's one two blocks down from here. It's Sunday so they would be closed" Before turning to the other border official, "Do they open 8:30 tomorrow?" The other border noddedm"yep 8:30 tomorrow morning"
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

THE NEXT DAY

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Monday morning

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Martyne and Tiffany get a phone call at 8 o'clock in the morning
A man with a deep voice and thick Australian accent who sounds middle aged speaks
"Good mornin' is this Ms. Lombard from Azure trucking?"

Zadiner
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:09 pm

The old Toyota Camry drove down the exit off the Pacific Highway. Lachlan was extremely confused by that point.
'Where is the bloody house? The stupid GPS is sayin' this way.... Ugh.' He said to himself.
'Oh thank God there's a servo up ahead.'
He pulled in and switched off the ignition. He still had a but if fuel left from his last fill up so there was no need to top it up. He walked through the doors and walked over to the desk.
'G'day. How can I help ya?' The man behind the desk said.
'Hey, I'm new 'round here. Can you gimme directions to Paramatta please?'
'Sure thing!'

After a few minutes of explanation Lachie walked out to his car, turned on the ignition, put on his seatbelt and pulled out onto the road.

It was approximately 25 minutes later when he got to the house he rented. It was a small, cottage like house with a tiny yard. There was no driveway so he parked on the side of the road in front of the house.
'Bloody hell, this place is absolutely tiny!'
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

IATA Member
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organisation
Proud South Pacifican
Zadiner/Zak for TSP Delegate!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Zadiner wrote:The old Toyota Camry drove down the exit off the Pacific Highway. Lachlan was extremely confused by that point.
'Where is the bloody house? The stupid GPS is sayin' this way.... Ugh.' He said to himself.
'Oh thank God there's a servo up ahead.'
He pulled in and switched off the ignition. He still had a but if fuel left from his last fill up so there was no need to top it up. He walked through the doors and walked over to the desk.
'G'day. How can I help ya?' The man behind the desk said.
'Hey, I'm new 'round here. Can you gimme directions to Paramatta please?'
'Sure thing!'

After a few minutes of explanation Lachie walked out to his car, turned on the ignition, put on his seatbelt and pulled out onto the road.

It was approximately 25 minutes later when he got to the house he rented. It was a small, cottage like house with a tiny yard. There was no driveway so he parked on the side of the road in front of the house.
'Bloody hell, this place is absolutely tiny!'

Lachlan's neighbour came running down the stairs holding a hose and yellibg "get off my lawn!" before chasing him with the hose
Inside the house there was a bocaquat of flowers, a note and a DVD inserted into a portable DVD player with a nite stating "push play"
Once hitting the play button, there was a middle aged tall caucasian man with this message "Hello, and welcome. I trust that you are my new tenant. Sorry I couldn't be here to greet you, but you know work. Anyways, I'm Alan, welcome to my little house. Yes, I know that it's tiny, but hey, just be glad your rent is $400 per wek, I mean others are paying atleast 700 for a place here in Parra!
Anyways, you've probably met Marv by now, the crazy next door neighbour. He's a good bloke once you get to know him, but he really doesn't like strangers in the street ever since that burglary. He was robbed once, twenty years ago, and we still have to heae about it. Anyways, You should probly go and introduce yourself before he wets you with the hose. Take him some wine, he likes wine, especially Savion Blanc. Now lets get down to business. Here is a reminder of the conditions you agreed to in the rental agreement. Remember, disobeying these rules could lead to instant evacuation:
1. No noise after 10pm
2. All pets, excluding small fish, must be approved by me
3. I have the right to come and inspect this place whenever I want, with 48 hour notice
4. If you change any of your contact details, you must inform me ASAP
5. If the cops come 'round, you're outta here
That's about it. I should be there at around 6 tonight to meet you, unless of coarse, you're unable to make it. I'll assume you'll be here at 6 unless you contact me
6. Don't change the locks
8. Don't go cutting keys without my concent
9. If you're suspected pof anything illegal, you're outta here
10. Don't touch the garden, except the lawn, you MUST mow the lawn
Enjoy your time here, Aan
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zadiner
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:59 pm

'6 huh,' Lachlan said.
'Well I have nothin' else to do so I'll probably be around. Wait, what even is the time?' Lachlan had a habit of talking to himself, which probably wasn't good but he couldn't stop. He walked into the kitchen and checked the beautiful clock that used Roman numerals. It read 2:52.
'Well i don't have to start working for a few days yet so it may be a good idea to familiarise myself with the city. I'll do that tomorrow.' After looking around the house and taking everything from his car inside, he remembered he should go and introduce himself to this Marv guy.
'Savion Blanc? I've never heard of it so I'm not gonna know where to find some.'
He grabbed his car keys and drove away.

After a painful ride trying to find one liquor store he pulled up at the house. He walked over to next door and knocked. It opened but before Marv could chase him with a hose again he stopped him.
'Stop! I'm new and I'm sorry to bother you but I'm actually the new tenant. Here i brought you some wine.' He handed it over to Marv.

IATA Member
Proud South Pacifican

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Zadiner wrote:'6 huh,' Lachlan said.
'Well I have nothin' else to do so I'll probably be around. Wait, what even is the time?' Lachlan had a habit of talking to himself, which probably wasn't good but he couldn't stop. He walked into the kitchen and checked the beautiful clock that used Roman numerals. It read 2:52.
'Well i don't have to start working for a few days yet so it may be a good idea to familiarise myself with the city. I'll do that tomorrow.' After looking around the house and taking everything from his car inside, he remembered he should go and introduce himself to this Marv guy.
'Savion Blanc? I've never heard of it so I'm not gonna know where to find some.'

After a painful ride trying to find one liquor store he pulled up at the house. He walked over to next door and knocked. It opened but before Marv could chase him with a hose again he stopped him.
'Stop! I'm new and I'm sorry to bother you but I'm actually the new tenant. Here i brought you some wine.' He handed it over to Marv.

Marv slightly opened the door, took the wine and said "if you're the new tenant, prove it"before slamming the door
An automatic robot voice of a female with an American accent speaks "15 seconds till sprinkler activation, 14, 13..." with a giant digital clock following the same count down
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zadiner
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Zadiner wrote:'6 huh,' Lachlan said.

Marv slightly opened the door, took the wine and said "if you're the new tenant, prove it"before slamming the door
An automatic robot voice of a female with an American accent speaks "15 seconds till sprinkler activation, 14, 13..." with a giant digital clock following the same count down

'WHAT THE ****! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE?' Lachlan ran out of the yard before the sprinklers started.
'Bloody hell,' he said with anger.
'Allan can tell him. Then he'll probably know.'

IATA Member
Proud South Pacifican

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:41 am

Zadiner wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Marv slightly opened the door, took the wine and said "if you're the new tenant, prove it"before slamming the door

'WHAT THE ****! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE?' Lachlan ran out of the yard before the sprinklers started.

6:17 pm, Allan comes
"Sorry I'm late. I see you must have Marv, before pointing to him standing in Lachlan's front yard. Anyway, as you probably understood from the DVD, I am Allan. You must be Lachlan, my new tenant. Marv is a bit of an odd fella, but atleast we haven't had a sale's person here in five years, anyways, allow me to introduce myself, I am a real estate agent and have a wife and two sons. How about you?"

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:18 am

As Sunday rolled into Monday, Martyne slept on the top bunk whilst Tiffany slept on the lower bunk of the DS900, all was well, the sound of waves breaking in the distance along with sounds of planes coming into the nearby airport, the odd siren here and there and all the sounds you would expect to hear on a quiet sunday night until...

*RIIIIIIIINNNNNG* *RIIIIIIINNNNNNG* *RIIIIIIIIIIINNNNG* along with the cab being lit up like it was the 4th of july or anzac day celebrations thanks to the phone going off in a very dark cab. The noise awoke Marty pretty quickly so she jumped down from the bunk and picked up the phone.

"Good Morning Azure transportation, Martyne speaking how may I help you?" in a voice that was totally at odds with her looks as it was soft and delicate in tone where as Martyne is as bald as Yul Brinner or Colonel Hammond from Stargate and sported a few body alterations such as piercings, tattoos and a surgically split tongue which back home in the Aurora Confederacy are not seen as a problem.

In the bottom bunk, Tiffany remained asleep whilst Martyne went on to explain as new residents to the country, they had to get their outfit, a 34m long Diamond Star DS900 and 2 trailer outfit put through the registration process at the local department of transportation offices and once that is done they would be able to get down to the pick up in order to head to Darwin. During the conversation Tiffany began to stirr from her slumber and listened carefully to what Martyne had to say to a potential client though once the call was over Martyne turned to Tiffany...
"Hopefully it won't take too long to get the truck registered, she was VOSA'd the day before we left the AC after the holiday in Neu Engollon, right time to for the pull down to start"
and so as Tiffany began to sort out breakfast as Martyne, wearing jeans and a T-shirt climbed down from the cab and walked to the first trailer and pressed a few buttons on the fridge pod.
[SET][TEMP][-15][SET][RUN], with the fridge then springing into life straight away and pulling the temperature down, and so it was a walk to the second trailer to repeat the process and soon both fridges were being pulled down under the power of the sun whilst in the cab the kettle clicked off and so Tiffany pulled down 2 cups, one saying "THE BOSS" on it, the other having a cookie holder at its base with the diamond star logo on it then began to make the drinks as Martyne climbed up the side of the cab and stepped in over the wheel arch for the swingout steps on Marty's truck have been replaced with fixed steps in order to get an APU and an auxiliary AC unit installed in the space begind the steps.

"What Time is it?" asks Marty as she retakes her seat which is covered in a tigerprint seat cover
"Eight Fifteen, time to go to the DMV, two blocks from here" replies Tiffany, looking up at the VDO tachograph unit
"Yeah" says Martyne turning the key and so the DS900 with an engine that according to a magazine has enough power to tow Australia to the Equator or pull a small planet off its axis, yes 32.8 litres and 10hp shy of 4000hp and with the engine running, marty takes the [BOSS] cup and takes a sip before driving the short distance to the Department of Motor Vehicles office where she then parks up in their yard and head inside, though not before she grabbed a small hygine bag as well as the documents for the vehicle and goes inside to speak to the clerk behind the counter.

"Good Morning, I have a vehicle to register" she says in a polite but somewhat authoritive tone
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zadiner
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:21 am

Zadiner wrote:'WHAT THE ****! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE?' Lachlan ran out of the yard before the sprinklers started.

6:17 pm, Allan comes
"Sorry I'm late. I see you must have Marv, before pointing to him standing in Lachlan's front yard. Anyway, as you probably understood from the DVD, I am Allan. You must be Lachlan, my new tenant. Marv is a bit of an odd fella, but atleast we haven't had a sale's person here in five years, anyways, allow me to introduce myself, I am a real estate agent and have a wife and two sons. How about you?"

'Hey. Well I'm an aspiring architect and there are a few jobs in asydney that could help me along my path. That's the only reason I came here from Brissie. Probably after a few years I'll move beck but for now I'm here. As for wives and children..... That's a long wAy away...'
He chuckled. Allan seemed nice even though the DVD was a tiny bit strictly sounding.

IATA Member
Proud South Pacifican

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:35 am

Zadiner wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:6:17 pm, Allan comes

'Hey. Well I'm an aspiring architect and there are a few jobs in asydney that could help me along my path. That's the only reason I came here from Brissie. Probably after a few years I'll move beck but for now I'm here. As for wives and children..... That's a long wAy away...'
He chuckled. Allan seemed nice even though the DVD was a tiny bit strictly sounding.

Alaan shows him around the house, gives him a bottle of wine, introduces him to Marv and goes his merry way. 2 hours later a pregnant 30 year old woman comes knocking on Lachlan's door yelling "Uncle Marv, Uncle Marv! I came up from the Gong (Wollongong) to suprise you!
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:41 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:As Sunday rolled into Monday, Martyne slept on the top bunk whilst Tiffany slept on the lower bunk of the DS900, all was well, the sound of waves breaking in the distance along with sounds of planes coming into the nearby airport, the odd siren here and there and all the sounds you would expect to hear on a quiet sunday night until...

*RIIIIIIIINNNNNG* *RIIIIIIINNNNNNG* *RIIIIIIIIIIINNNNG* along with the cab being lit up like it was the 4th of july or anzac day celebrations thanks to the phone going off in a very dark cab. The noise awoke Marty pretty quickly so she jumped down from the bunk and picked up the phone.

"Good Morning Azure transportation, Martyne speaking how may I help you?" in a voice that was totally at odds with her looks as it was soft and delicate in tone where as Martyne is as bald as Yul Brinner or Colonel Hammond from Stargate and sported a few body alterations such as piercings, tattoos and a surgically split tongue which back home in the Aurora Confederacy are not seen as a problem.

In the bottom bunk, Tiffany remained asleep whilst Martyne went on to explain as new residents to the country, they had to get their outfit, a 34m long Diamond Star DS900 and 2 trailer outfit put through the registration process at the local department of transportation offices and once that is done they would be able to get down to the pick up in order to head to Darwin. During the conversation Tiffany began to stirr from her slumber and listened carefully to what Martyne had to say to a potential client though once the call was over Martyne turned to Tiffany...
"Hopefully it won't take too long to get the truck registered, she was VOSA'd the day before we left the AC after the holiday in Neu Engollon, right time to for the pull down to start"
and so as Tiffany began to sort out breakfast as Martyne, wearing jeans and a T-shirt climbed down from the cab and walked to the first trailer and pressed a few buttons on the fridge pod.
[SET][TEMP][-15][SET][RUN], with the fridge then springing into life straight away and pulling the temperature down, and so it was a walk to the second trailer to repeat the process and soon both fridges were being pulled down under the power of the sun whilst in the cab the kettle clicked off and so Tiffany pulled down 2 cups, one saying "THE BOSS" on it, the other having a cookie holder at its base with the diamond star logo on it then began to make the drinks as Martyne climbed up the side of the cab and stepped in over the wheel arch for the swingout steps on Marty's truck have been replaced with fixed steps in order to get an APU and an auxiliary AC unit installed in the space begind the steps.

"What Time is it?" asks Marty as she retakes her seat which is covered in a tigerprint seat cover
"Eight Fifteen, time to go to the DMV, two blocks from here" replies Tiffany, looking up at the VDO tachograph unit
"Yeah" says Martyne turning the key and so the DS900 with an engine that according to a magazine has enough power to tow Australia to the Equator or pull a small planet off its axis, yes 24.2 litres and 20hp shy of 2600hp and with the engine running, marty takes the [BOSS] cup and takes a sip before driving the short distance to the Department of Motor Vehicles office where she then parks up in their yard and head inside, though not before she grabbed a small hygine bag as well as the documents for the vehicle and goes inside to speak to the clerk behind the counter.

"Good Morning, I have a vehicle to register" she says in a polite but somewhat authoritive tone

After waiting in line, a middle aged woman serves them, after a phone call to the Aurora Confederacy registers the vehicle

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:30 am

once the truck registration process was complete there was a task to carry out, that of getting in contact with the shipper who is offering a paid load to Darwin in the north of the country and for that Martyne again turned to technology and so began to tap out a message on her tablet computer...
Dear Sir.

We would like to thank you for the offer, however the timeframe we can do the job in is going to be around 50 hours,
This does not include the time it takes to load at the distribution center at Dubbo NSW however we can haul upto 56
standard sized ISO pallets (48inch by 40 inch) with a payload of around of 51,500kg. Presuming we can be loaded within
a period of 1 hour we can be in Darwin at around just over 2 days from the time of loading.

If these terms are acceptable, please let us know,
Yours,
Martyne Lombard. Azure Transportation

With the message tapped out Martyne looks at Tiffany with a smile.
"lets get a shifty on" she says, reaching over to the two-way CB radio and one of the UHF radios to listen to what ever is on the radios as Tiffany presses a couple of buttons on a keyfob before sitting back in the drivers seat. The buttons Tiffany has just pressed have locked her legs into a driving angle that has been pre programmed into the software, thereby allowing Tiffany to drive the truck easier, and so with the legs in their "driving mode", Tiffany turns the key to the truck and brings a 32.8 litre V12 to life. It takes a few seconds to crank the engine over though once idling the engine purrs like a content kitten, that is until Tiff winds on the power, then the engine sounds like a tank! in fact the engine could in fact be used IN a tank though when running at 79 tonnes, will probably burn less fuel than a smaller 16 litre engine in a truck running at the same weight as the engine is not working quite so hard. At a set of lights Tiffany can't resist the temptation and so whilst sat in neutral waiting for the lights to change stabs the throttle to make the engine growl then gins like a cat as the engine and turbos spool down!

"you love doing that!" jokes Martyne
"yup, just listen to that growl" says Tiffany as she boots the throttle again. "ya know we could probably out dash a Ford Falcon across the block"
"yeah, until we hit eighty on the speedo!" says Marty as the lights change, and so Tiffany gently begins to accellerate away after slipping the trucks transmission back into drive.

Behind the prime mover, the two trailers, totalling around 17 tonnes in weight as they are currently empty save for a lot of now very cold air in the cargo space, follow the tractor unit obediently through the junction and onto the freeway to a local service area where they hope to catch a bite, stock up and get rolling for what Martyne hopes to be a productive run.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:33 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:once the truck registration process was complete there was a task to carry out, that of getting in contact with the shipper who is offering a paid load to Darwin in the north of the country and for that Martyne again turned to technology and so began to tap out a message on her tablet computer...
Dear Sir.

We would like to thank you for the offer, however the timeframe we can do the job in is going to be around 50 hours,
This does not include the time it takes to load at the distribution center at Dubbo NSW however we can haul upto 56
standard sized ISO pallets (48inch by 40 inch) with a payload of around of 51,500kg. Presuming we can be loaded within
a period of 1 hour we can be in Darwin at around just over 2 days from the time of loading.

Yours,

Fine bupy us. How mcuh do you charge?

Zadiner
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:41 am

Zadiner wrote:'Hey. Well I'm an aspiring architect and there are a few jobs in asydney that could help me along my path. That's the only reason I came here from Brissie. Probably after a few years I'll move beck but for now I'm here. As for wives and children..... That's a long wAy away...'

Alaan shows him around the house, gives him a bottle of wine, introduces him to Marv and goes his merry way. 2 hours later a pregnant 30 year old woman comes knocking on Lachlan's door yelling "Uncle Marv, Uncle Marv! I came up from the Gong (Wollongong) to suprise you!

Lachlan walked to the front door nd pulled it open.
'HUH? YOU'RE NOT UNCLE MARV! WHO ARE YA?' Yelled the lady.
'Whoa whoa, Marv is next door, I'm just a tenant staying in this rental house. You do see the sign out the front, right?'
She turned around and had a quick glimpse of it.
'Ohhh.... Well I'm terribly sorry i disturbed you. I will go over there now. Bye!' She walked Way quite happily surprising Lachie.
'This place is just getting weirder and weirder every second.'

IATA Member
Proud South Pacifican

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:once the truck registration process was complete there was a task to carry out, that of getting in contact with the shipper who is offering a paid load to Darwin in the north of the country and for that Martyne again turned to technology and so began to tap out a message on her tablet computer...
Dear Sir.

Yours,

Fine bupy us. How mcuh do you charge?

With the reply quick in arrival, Martyne picks up the tablet again and begins to tap out a second message...
Dear Sir.
For delivery we charge a flat rate of $70 per kilometer with payments being by electronic transfer to our bank account.
Currency accepted is the NSD. We hope to be in Dubbo in around 5 hours time as we are now on our way.

Thank you for your custom.
Yours,
Martyne Lombard.

...with the message typed, Martyne hits the [SEND] icon on the screen and the message is on its way and so Tiffany settles into her driving stint which will take her all the way to Dubbo for the load to Darwin. The truck, under the watchful eye of Tiffany is sitting at a sedate 1,000RPM doing a steady 85km/h or the speed limit whichever is the lower of the two as neither Marty no Tiffany wish to pick up a ticket yet below them sits a sleeve valve engine that is in its sweet spot and behind them the twin 300mm bore exhausts purr and rumble in a note that would please any petrol head and with a country music / bluegrass radio station playing on the stereo Tiffany is in heaven, tapping the steering wheel to the beat as the truck plods along the highway.

ooc information
* $70/km are based on the prices paid on the computer game "Eurotruck simulator 2"
clicksie
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Aurora Confederacy wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Fine bupy us. How mcuh do you charge?

With the reply quick in arrival, Martyne picks up the tablet again and begins to tap out a second message...
Dear Sir.
For delivery we charge a flat rate of $70 per kilometer with payments being by electronic transfer to our bank account.
Currency accepted is the NSD. We hope to be in Dubbo in around 5 hours time as we are now on our way.

Thank you for your custom.
Yours,
Martyne Lombard.

...with the message typed, Martyne hits the [SEND] icon on the screen and the message is on its way and so Tiffany settles into her driving stint which will take her all the way to Dubbo for the load to Darwin. The truck, under the watchful eye of Tiffany is sitting at a sedate 1,000RPM doing a steady 85km/h or the speed limit whichever is the lower of the two as neither Marty no Tiffany wish to pick up a ticket yet below them sits a sleeve valve engine that is in its sweet spot and behind them the twin 300mm bore exhausts purr and rumble in a note that would please any petrol head and with a country music / bluegrass radio station playing on the stereo Tiffany is in heaven, tapping the steering wheel to the beat as the truck plods along the highway.

ooc information
* $70/km are based on the prices paid on the computer game "Eurotruck simulator 2"
clicksie

So we shall pay you $70 per kilometre travelled. Deal!

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:26 pm

With the rather informal email recieved, simply stating "we have a deal", Tiffany plows on towards the collection in Dubbo letting the motor of the DS900 which is quite admittedly a beast of a motor, stretch its legs and run smoothly, transforming the energy contained within the diesel fuel into forward motion though taking around 4 and a half litres to send the truck around 5 miles, not bad for a 32 litre engine, simply because the engine is under so little stress so Tiffany just needs to lean on the gas pedal.

Martyne picks up a news paper from the glove box of the truck's door and turns to the crossword pages,
"Tiff, nine down Man of the realm's castle, seven letters?"
Tiffany, glancing in the mirror for a moment flicks the signal on to swap lanes to get out of the crawler lane and allow the 3900hp to send the truck up the blue mountains at the speed limit, as she does so she comes out with the answer. "Camelot"

With that Martyne scribbles the word down before taking 4 across, 6 letters clue, Glowing item of witchcraft. CANDLES is what she writes before glancing in the mirror herself to see scenery flying by before checking the temperature on the fridges through the onboard diagnostic system. "thats not bad, Fridges are down to temp and shut down, holding it nicely" she says before tackling 1 across on the crossword, Famous singer of James Bond. B***E* to which she writes BASSEY. As expected the crossword is not a difficult one, after all its on the middle pages of a local news paper and as each clue gets crossed off and filled in the destination gets ever closer and eventually Tiffany spots a sign...

[DUBBO 1KM]

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:10 am

Arriving in Dubbo
The depot, a grey area filled with trucks and a massive loading area with many trucks coming and going all the time. A medium sized city on the junction of two major highways, with many very busy depots and many farms in the area.
A middle aged Aboriginal man, a young caucasian man and a young caucasian woman approach the truck.
Hello, I am Seth, said a middle aged caucasian man, these are my employees Wayne and Sharon. You must be Matrtyne and Tiffany.
The two women are shown to the break room which consists of toilets, lounges, a water cooler, a vending machine, ham and cheese sandwhiches with butter on white bread, minature chocolate chip cookies wrapped in a plastic 2-pack, tea and coffee, with a jug of full cream milk, a jug of skim milk, a plate of 1 teaspoon sugar achals and stirers and a bin to dispose of used tea bags, stirers and sugar sachels. There is also a locked refrigerator with a sign stating "Depot Staff Only, theift will lead to immediate termination of employment". The fridge had glass doors and it was clear it contained food which the staff had brought from home. There were also 5 computers with internet connection with signs that stated "free for truckies and depot staff", as well as free wifi, with an A4 paper hung to the wall, which stated "Free wifi for truckies and depot staff,", and had the Wi-Fi network name and password. There was also a locked door that stated "Depot staff only" and lead to the staff office

Seth then speaks and says "Before we load the truck, I am required, by law, to check your HACCP accreditation. This incluses both of your HACCP certificates, your trucks accreditation, and all other HACCP documentation. Also, here are the HACCP papers for banans and the interstate quarantine papers, you MUST show them at the state boarder, so have them somewhere where you could easily present them. I just need BOTH of you to sign allthe documents, and ensure that you get the person recieving the bananas signs the HACCP papers and get them copied. You need to keep the copies in case you're ever required to present them as part of an audit. Before you handle the food, you must wash your hands with soap and wear these disposable gloves. If you have worked in Australia before, this may slund repetative, but I am required to say it by law, no matter how often ylu have heard it. I also have to ensure that you have all your vacationsin order and that you have to ask whether or not either of you have visited any commercial farms (in Australia or otherwise), and/or **list a few countries and regions** in the past six months. This may seem strict to you ladies since you come from overseas (where's that accent from anyway), however, Australia has very few diseases
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates