NATION

PASSWORD

Holy Water Banner

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Wong-Dom
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Holy Water Banner

Postby Wong-Dom » Wed May 27, 2015 10:51 pm

The Holy Water Banner says that I need to support Anglican in order to achieve it. My national religion is Anglican and I haven't received it. Why?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed May 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Banners are mostly related to stats, which are mostly related to issues. Perhaps the game is looking for a different kind of "support".

(and no, I don't know the specific answer. That's me speculating.)

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Wed May 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Banners are mostly related to stats, which are mostly related to issues. Perhaps the game is looking for a different kind of "support".

(and no, I don't know the specific answer. That's me speculating.)

A totally uneducated guess (Damnit Fris, I'm a techie not a issues guy!) would be that the nation needs to be more religious in nature; i.e, answering religion favorable issues.

You can have a national religious leader as a custom field and be totally atheistic by stats.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Thu May 28, 2015 7:25 am

Wong-Dom wrote:The Holy Water Banner says that I need to support Anglican in order to achieve it. My national religion is Anglican and I haven't received it. Why?

Typing it in into the custom field is probably not enough here, as far as I know, only the national animal banners even check what you put into them. There's probably a issue where you can explicitly announce your support for them? Like the one where you support catholicism and then get the banner "in support of traditional religion".
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Thu May 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Jute wrote:
Wong-Dom wrote:The Holy Water Banner says that I need to support Anglican in order to achieve it. My national religion is Anglican and I haven't received it. Why?

Typing it in into the custom field is probably not enough here, as far as I know, only the national animal banners even check what you put into them. There's probably a issue where you can explicitly announce your support for them? Like the one where you support catholicism and then get the banner "in support of traditional religion".

That would be my guess as well. I vaguely remember an issue about Violetism (and sacrificing the homeless to Violet is one of the options, if memory serves), so there's probably another one about the Anglican religion.

Yes, letting people punch in XYZ religion into their Religion field could possibly work as an unlock, but my guess is that's meant to take a bit more effort than just changing a few letters in your settings.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Wong-Dom
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Wong-Dom » Thu May 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks for the advice.

Return to Technical