NATION

PASSWORD

[Early Draft/Idea] International Waters Convention

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Astuana
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

[Early Draft/Idea] International Waters Convention

Postby Astuana » Wed May 27, 2015 9:02 am

International Waters Convention

A resolution to minimize conflicts over jurisdiction in oceans and/or any other waterways.

Description: To the World Assembly

Affirming that it is the right of every nation to claim its sovereign rule of any body of water it is adjacent to.

Recognizing that all nations should have a claim over any body of water and practice their jurisdiction in said waters.

Distressed at the fact that many nations disregard a nation’s sovereign claim on a body of water that it is their right to claim.

Suggesting that the world assembly adopt this resolution in the hopes of resolving these situations.

Resolving these disputes and other situations by recognizing a measured distance from any point of land as the jurisdiction of that nation.

Where hereby:

A nation’s jurisdiction will cover any area that is within 10 miles off of any shoreline belonging to them.

The contiguous zone will extend from the 10 mile mark for another 10 miles.

The Exclusive Economic Zone will extend 300 miles from shore.

International Waters are recognized as extending from the 10 mile mark from the shoreline and beyond.

Establishing

Canals are considered International Waters

Rivers are not protected by this resolution and that any partition of said waterways is left to the discretion of the nations at hand.

Lakes shared by two more nations will be partitioned by the countries at hand.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.72

Athiris A cool RPing region with different timelines and periods.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed May 27, 2015 9:04 am

"This is already covered by Law of the Sea."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 am

You're looking for this: http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolutions/council=1?start=167

CDSP — Seas, with the 's'. The Law of the Sea got repealed, so Bears Armed submitted a new one with the 's' on the end to make it different, I guess. :p
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Terricon
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terricon » Wed May 27, 2015 9:08 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:You're looking for this: http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolutions/council=1?start=167

CDSP — Seas, with the 's'. The Law of the Sea got repealed, so Bears Armed submitted a new one with the 's' on the end to make it different, I guess. :p

I keep seeing resolutions with a "mild" rating. Shouldn't the Law of the Sea be considered a little more severe or important than an average resolution?
Robespierre FTW

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed May 27, 2015 9:09 am

Aside from the fact this is already illegal for duplication...

Canals are considered International Waters

You have just made every internal canal "international".
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed May 27, 2015 9:35 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:You're looking for this: http://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolutions/council=1?start=167

OOC: can't expect my memory to be perfect. Sometimes I miss a letter, I'm not going to worry about it. What do I need, ulcers?

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:

OOC: can't expect my memory to be perfect. Sometimes I miss a letter, I'm not going to worry about it. What do I need, ulcers?

(The rest of us already have them. What makes you so frelling special? *grabs maalox*)
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:The Law of the Sea got repealed, so Bears Armed submitted a new one with the 's' on the end to make it different, I guess. :p
Yep, that was why the change.

Terricon wrote:I keep seeing resolutions with a "mild" rating. Shouldn't the Law of the Sea be considered a little more severe or important than an average resolution?
OOC: Passing resolutions affects member nations' stats, so the 'Strength' specified should reflect the actual effects likely. In the case of 'Law of the Seas' it was presumed that establishing rules on the limits of territorial waters would slightly reduce the potential causes for international conflict and thus could be expected to result in a slight decrease (on average, across the membership) in defence spending.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed May 27, 2015 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly