NATION

PASSWORD

[report] flaming in newest anti feminsim thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Natapoc
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

[report] flaming in newest anti feminsim thread

Postby Natapoc » Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 pm

I'm fairly sure the gratuitous use of profanity in all caps is qualifies this as a flame.

Lanoraie wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
If you believe that men and women should be treated equally, then you're a feminist, just like if you're attracted to members of the same sex to the exclusion of members of the opposite sex, you're gay, and if you believe in the divine right of kings and support the establishment of a monarchy, you're a monarchist. You can call yourself a floop-de-woop, but it doesn't matter: You support the only thing that you need to support in order to be a feminist. The rest is, to paraphrase Rabbi Hillel, simply commentary.

And already you're talking over me.

And you already have me pissed off. Good job.

First of all, being gay is not a political stance. You cannot compare being gay to being a fucking feminist you dumb fucking brick. Being gay is not a choice. Being a feminist IS.

BELIEVING IN EQUAL RIGHTS DOES NOT MAKE YOU A FUCKING FEMINIST. BELIEVING IN A GOD DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING HEAD.

YOU FEMINISTS ALWAYS FUCKING TELL ME I'M WRONG AND TELL ME I SHOULD BELIEVE YOUR CULTIST BULLSHIT INSTEAD. FUCK OFF, YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

"Yes. These rights are widely acknowledged nowadays due to the work of feminists."

I do not owe you or feminism anything. I am not. your. shield. And I am not your slave. But clearly, that's how you view me and other women who don't identify as feminists.

"No more than me claiming to be a Nazi would actually make me a Nazi. I'd also have to support book burning, taking back the Rhineland, tramping through Poland, the building of death camps and gassing of undesirables, and there's just not enough hours in the day to keep up with all of it."

No, actually, you claiming you are a Nazi makes you one. If you say you're part of something like that, then you are. And I will fucking treat you as such.

"No, actually supporting gender equality makes one a feminist. There is no other precondition."

NO, ACTUALLY, IT DOESN'T. I support gender equality but do not identify as a feminist. I am not a feminist. I fucking hate feminists thanks to the shit they have made me go through. I have never been told to kill myself and treated like an object as much as I have by you feminists. Fuck off.

You know what also the prerequisite is that includes gender equality? Men's Rights Movement. So does egalitarianism. But I'm not an MRA. Nor an egalitarian. And just because someone believes in something does not an -ism they become.
Last edited by Natapoc on Tue May 26, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you see a ghost?

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Tue May 26, 2015 8:45 pm

For whatever it's worth, I believe that I stumbled across personal issues with my initial comments that she was replying to. While this doesn't necessarily excuse her from following the forum rules, I'd personally appreciate some leniency, as there's an emotional component there that obviously has deep roots, and I know all too well what that's like.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Tue May 26, 2015 9:10 pm

This was reported in a different thread and handled there.

Return to Moderation