NATION

PASSWORD

The New Chronicles of Equalia: Like Gods (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

The New Chronicles of Equalia: Like Gods (OOC/Closed)

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 24, 2015 10:00 pm

IC

The Beginning
Ages ago, the gods shaped the world from the void. The void however was inhabited by dark creatures known as Void Beasts. The creatures resisted the reshaping of their home and a war began between the Gods and Void Beasts. At one point the Queen of Darkness herself infiltrated the Gods, and seduced the King of the Gods. When the Queen of the Gods confronted her, she revealed her true intention. Eventually the Queen was slain, but she left behind a reminder of her presence; Crecenthia - Half God, Half Void Beast. Many of the Gods demanded her death, but the Queen of Light begged for the youth to be spared. The Void Beasts have largely remained away from the Gods, fearful and leaderless now that their Queen is no more.

The Parting
The lesser gods, the Enlentai, the children of the Gods, inhabit a valley that is the garden of creation. Here they play, compete, craft, and speak while mastering the ways of the Gods; at least, they did before one morning they awoke to find there sleepless parents gone. To many it was obvious that the Gods had deemed them ready to govern the world, or perhaps that the gods are testing them.

The Corrupted One
Many had accepted the absence of the gods with such reason save, Sicilis, Lord of Winter, who could not for behind his frozen heart was the mind of a child, he called upon a Void Beast to learn if any threat existed. After his contact with the creature, Sicilis began declaring the Enlentai the new Gods. At first his statements regarding the Gods to be dead invoked serious discussion, however all turned upon him once he began killing his own siblings in order to strengthen his hold over the Domain of Winter, declaring that the world needs powerful gods, and the only way to be powerful is to slay those who hold sway of YOUR domain. Now, banished from the Land of the Enlentai, Sicilis amasses an empire of Frost to invade the Land of the Enlentai, and claim dominion over all Domains, becoming the ONE TRUE GOD of the world.

The Enlentai
The Enlentai are are decendent from the gods, and possessing the powers of both the Fae, creatures able to manipulate weather, and Sorcerers who are able to conduct magic, in addition to powers the a fore mentioned are unable to access. Every Enlentai is connected to some 'domain' of which they have influence; from the basic elements, to seasons, times, and trades.
  • The Enlentai refer to them selves as lords, and ladies as only the gods are kings and queens of metaphysical domains.

Domains
Domains are very important to an Enlentai, as they decide what influence the Enlentai has on the world. Domains are received in one of three ways; Birthright, Ceding, or Conquest (innately born with, given, or taken). Domains often have lesser domains associated with them, in which the holder of the primary domain has influence. Occasionally Enlentai will dispute influences, which sometimes leads to conquests.

Sample App/Preset Characters (My Characters)
Name & Title: Crecenthia, Lady of the Night
Bio: Crecenthia is the half sister of Solaris, Lord of Light (the two share the same father, but where born of different mothers). She's never been able to fully bond with her brother, though the two generally get along. She's never actually felt like part of the family. She was closer to her mother, then her father, and thus in extension is distant from her brother. She's different from her kin, possessing some traits relative to her mother, such as the power to become a dark mist. Regardless of her difference she has apparently found some romance under the stars as she is mother to Kitska, Lady of Cats. The father is unknown, though it's speculated to be a cat as no one has come forward, and Crcenthia refuses to tell. With the disappearance of the Gods, Crecenthia has been working with Solaris, setting an example to others.

Name & Title: Solaris, Lord of Light
Bio: Solaris is the eldest son of the God of Time, Chief of the Gods, and is the half brother of Crecenthia. Solaris has been looked upon for guidance by his siblings when the gods vanished. Solaris currently leads those in the valley in resistance to the Lord of Winter, using his powers of light to protect the land.

Lord of Winter (the Ice King)
Name & Title: Sicilis, Lord of Winter (The Ice King)
Bio: The Ice King use to be the Lord of Winter, till contact with an extraplanar being corrupted him. To the Enlentai he speaks things that are too 'unnatural' to think. He's "opened his eyes" or so he says, and knows domains can be taken. His attempts to do so got him banished from the land of the Enlentai. He's vowed to take his revenge on the "short sighted fools", and believing the gods to be dead, has taken to calling himself King, rather then Lord. He amasses power beyond the mountains of the Enlentai homeland, in preparation for an assault where he'll become the "one true King". As he grows in power the world is freezing over, and if he's not stopped, all the lands, including the Enlentai home, the land of the gods, will be an icy waste. Thus, the Enlentai as a whole understand that he must be stopped.

In his mind, the gods are dead, and the world needs a god. That's his motivation. Almost all Enlentai have felt the absence, and silence of the gods but only Sicilis, the Lord of Winter though his contact with 'that being' has come to believe them dead. To him the Enlentai are merely playing gods, when they should be gods. Other Enlentai might have listened to him, until he became obsessed with domains. The more Enlentai of a domain, the weaker their hold on that domain as individuals is. Thus he killed relatives of his, in order to absorb their powers of Ice in order to strengthen his own dominion over the elements. It was this act, and his constant pursuit of growing his power, attempting to get others to do as he does, that landed him in exile.

A few humans, and beings of his own creation have rallied to his side, granting him a mighty kingdom that prepares to assault the land of the gods, the valley of the Enlentai.

---

YOU are one of the Enlentai, who alongside Cresenthia shall journey into the lands of the Ice King to put an end to his rule, and save the world from freezing over.

Code: Select all
[b]Name & Title:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
-Appearance-
[b]Bio:[/b]
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 11 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Additional Lore

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 24, 2015 10:01 pm

The Gods
All named & mentioned gods and goddesses.
  • Chronos, God of Time
  • Mikha, Goddess of Earth
  • Peniyach, God of Nature
  • God of Entropy
  • God of Harvest
  • God of Storms
  • Goddess of Color
  • Goddess of Light
  • Goddess of Nature

Void Beasts

"Before creation, there was Void."

The Void Beasts are creatures of the element of Void, a Dark Matter that makes them formless till they choose to have form. During the war they proved able to rival the gods in power by coming together to form great beasts to be slain. Their power to take on any form they choose was refined by their late queen, you came appearing as if a Goddess her self, deceiving the Chief of the Gods himself. These creatures hide in the void, reluctant to approach creation, though a few where actually trapped in the world, and now dwell with in the deep places.

Mortal Races
The world is inhabited primarily by four civilized races of mortal;
  • Humans who build great cities, machines, and masonry. They are inventive, and the most devote of the races.
  • Fae who are the descendants of the elementals who can influence the weather. The Fae build vast Empires using the environment to their advantage. The Humans who are unaware of Sicilis blame the Fae for the winter that covers the world, causing rebellions to arise in Human lands under Fae control.
  • Sorcerers who can manipulate Meta-Energy to conjure flame, teleport, and other actions. They have a wider range of eye, and hair color then Humans.
  • Dragons, who where the first of the reasoning races. They hatch with a humanoid form, and gradually take on characteristics of a Beast. The cold has forced most of them into hibernation.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat May 30, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Accepted Characters

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Enlentai

Resistance
Mortals fighting against the Empire of Ice.

Empire of Ice
  • The Slim One (NPC), a priest of Sicilis, and a Fae.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Sun May 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Huh.

I really like the world and the lore you have for it.

Consider me interested.
behold, a signature.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 24, 2015 10:06 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:Huh.

I really like the world and the lore you have for it.

Consider me interested.

EXCELLENT :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun May 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Tag
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Sun May 24, 2015 10:09 pm

Charmera wrote:Tag

Yay, Chamera is here!
behold, a signature.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 24, 2015 10:11 pm

I hope to see more applicants, yet am willing to conduct the adventure as a party of three should others not arrive.
Tomorrow is made today.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Sun May 24, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm giving my character a very very dark backstory.
behold, a signature.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:I'm giving my character a very very dark backstory.

I thank you for the warning, and will judge the application when it is presented.
Tomorrow is made today.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Sun May 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:I'm giving my character a very very dark backstory.

I thank you for the warning, and will judge the application when it is presented.

Well, after much deciding I've changed certain aspects of the backstory, deeming it out of character for the personality I desire. So, it should be fine
behold, a signature.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun May 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Ideas for Domains:
Sand (Glass):

Wind

(Not sure...)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2NkgS_8Cca8/V ... per-hd.jpg
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 24, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm not sure either.

Sand and Wind are difficult to choose between as they are closely related, or at least, exist close together.

Glass is interesting, as I do not think I've seen anyone use such a domain, despite it's potential which is usually over looked.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon May 25, 2015 12:34 am

Name & Title: Kitska, Lady of Cats.
Bio: Daughter of Crecenthia and an unknown father, Kitska has been under the protective eye of her mother. Allowed to be free, as long as the Lady of the Night knows where her daughter is. Kitska enjoys this freedom, exploring and adventures. She however always returns to her home and her mother. Somewhat mature and independant, yet she's still quite childish and attached to her mother at heart.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 12:50 am

Charmera wrote:Name & Title: Kitska, Lady of Cats.
(Image)
Bio: Daughter of Crecenthia and an unknown father, Kitska has been under the protective eye of her mother. Allowed to be free, as long as the Lady of the Night knows where her daughter is. Kitska enjoys this freedom, exploring and adventures. She however always returns to her home and her mother. Somewhat mature and independant, yet she's still quite childish and attached to her mother at heart.

Accepted.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon May 25, 2015 8:40 am

Name & Title: Eohtwid, the Wild-man
-Appearance- http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/262/d/0/cernunnos_by_teudan-d5dgv4h.png
Bio: Born from Peniyach, a rather bestial deity of the wilderness, and Mikha, an earth goddess, Eohtwid found himself more or less without much guidance from his parents, who taught him a little about his domain. After Peniyach's disappearance he was eager to take over his domain, but his lack of guidance has led to him being somewhat rash and unpredictable. Eohtwid is the Lord of Wild Places and Beasts. He is very protective of his own realm and does not enjoy the company of others or the meddling of lesser beings. He also has a variable temperament ranging from savage and hostile to calm and reserved. He has been known to savage hunters that he sees as disturbing his forest, but he also has been known to tolerate some woodsmen. Most people would prefer to avoid contact with him and he would prefer to keep it that way.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Mon May 25, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Apto
Minister

Founded: Jan 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Apto » Mon May 25, 2015 8:52 am

Tag.

I'm reserving Hedonism, Deception/Smoke and Mirrors, and/or Provision as the titles for my soon to be made char. When will I post the app? After I sleep.
Last edited by Apto on Mon May 25, 2015 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is morality on the circumference of the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!

Previously, on "Bad Things Happening To Lovable Little Girls"....
- Flukes

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 11:45 am

Personal Freedom wrote:
-Appearance- http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/262/d/0/cernunnos_by_teudan-d5dgv4h.png
Bio: Eohtwid is the Lord of Wild Places and Beasts. He is very protective of his own realm and does not enjoy the company of others or the meddling of lesser beings. He also has a variable temperament ranging from savage and hostile to calm and reserved. He has been known to savage hunters that he sees as disturbing his forest, but he also has been known to tolerate some woodsmen. Most people would prefer to avoid contact with him and he would prefer to keep it that way.

It's different then anything I've expected.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon May 25, 2015 12:23 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:
Bio: Eohtwid is the Lord of Wild Places and Beasts. He is very protective of his own realm and does not enjoy the company of others or the meddling of lesser beings. He also has a variable temperament ranging from savage and hostile to calm and reserved. He has been known to savage hunters that he sees as disturbing his forest, but he also has been known to tolerate some woodsmen. Most people would prefer to avoid contact with him and he would prefer to keep it that way.

It's different then anything I've expected.

I wasn't comfortable with giving it more of a bio because I don't really know what would be appropriate.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:It's different then anything I've expected.

I wasn't comfortable with giving it more of a bio because I don't really know what would be appropriate.

At the moment he seems more like one of the gods then an Enlentai.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon May 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Hey Harb, can I have two characters? One evil and one good(ish)? If not, then I'll take the good one. If so... awesome.
Name & Title: Yuki, Lady of the Snow
Bio: Yuki is the Japanese word for snow. Her parents named her that after seeing her skin was as white as the freshly fallen snow outside. Unfortunately, she was a troublesome child, cold and distant, and yet persuasive. Seductive, almost. As she grew older, her powers over snow and ice manifested, and her beauty grew. She had many suitors, but she turned them all down, lusting after the Lord of Winter. Finally, she decided to make her intentions known to him--and she is going to find him now... but whether or not she travels alone or with others, she will find him.

Name & Title: Serena, Lady of Water
Bio: Serena was usually calm, unflappable, and mellow even as a young child, hence her name. Of course, as all water(and people), she has her share of a temper, and her temper can be quite explosive.(So basically a Vulcan--all 'I am not emotional. Well, I am, but I'm hiding it.') She fears the Lord of Winter, but is determined to stop him using any means necessary--and if that means unleashing her wild side, then so be it.
Last edited by Charlia on Sat May 30, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Charlia wrote:Hey Harb, can I have two characters? One evil and one good(ish)? If not, then I'll take the good one. If so... awesome.
Name & Title: Yuki, Lady of the Snow
(Image)
Bio: Yuki is the Japanese word for snow. Her parents named her that after seeing her skin was as white as the freshly fallen snow outside. Unfortunately, she was a troublesome child, cold and distant, and yet persuasive. Seductive, almost. As she grew older, her powers over snow and ice manifested, and her beauty grew. She had many suitors, but she turned them all down, lusting after the Lord of Winter. Finally, she decided to make her intentions known to him--and she is going to find him now...

Name & Title: Serena(Aella), Lady of Water
(Image)
Bio: Serena was calm even as a young child, hence her name. As she grew older and her influence over water developed, however, another side of her began to show--a side as unpredictable and dangerous as a storm at sea. She can change from one to the other in the blink of an eye. This other side of her was christened Anere. Why? Because I think it sounds cool. Serena somehow began to believe if she did something good, something truly good, she would be free of Anere forever. But Anere thinks if she can do something evil enough, she'll be free of Serena. So they both decided to go after the Lord of Winter, but... either one of them could win...

*drama ensues*

I notice Serena isn't the only one of your characters to have an identity crisis. I'm not sure either character would be welcomed in the party, especially since it's likely that Yuki's infatuation with Sicilis is known, and that she would have most likely supported him prior to his exile, perhaps even unphased as the death of her kin, and blind to the fact that Yuki like the other winter themed Enlentai would be targeted by him for murderous conquest. Perhaps believing she can get him to accept a kind of Diarchy, to have a bride; to rule with Yuki at his side. Yeah... she probably does.

It's likely that the group would be resistant of her coming along, not because they think she'll betray them, but more because Sicilis might kill her (but she'll object because the two are in love). She'll probably cite her strength as a reason she should go since she, like Sicilis is stronger now.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon May 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Personal Freedom wrote:I wasn't comfortable with giving it more of a bio because I don't really know what would be appropriate.

At the moment he seems more like one of the gods then an Enlentai.

What would you have me do?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Harbertia wrote:At the moment he seems more like one of the gods then an Enlentai.

What would you have me do?

*Consults Magic Conch Shell*

"Maybe someday."

.... :/

*Conslults Magic 8 Ball*

:/

Elaborate on his parentage so I may make an informed determination.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon May 25, 2015 4:03 pm

Is there already an established pantheon? (Besides the ones at top).
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Mon May 25, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse