NATION

PASSWORD

Telegram API with programmatically generated message.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Themightymanuel
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Telegram API with programmatically generated message.

Postby Themightymanuel » Fri May 22, 2015 8:28 am

I really need to send messages with personalized text to a group of nations. I was thinking I could use the API for this until I remembered that uses API templates. There is no way around this is there? Really not looking forward to sending the messages each one at a time.
Believe in strong government? Join the Imperium of the Wolf

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri May 22, 2015 10:33 am

Themightymanuel wrote:I really need to send messages with personalized text to a group of nations. I was thinking I could use the API for this until I remembered that uses API templates. There is no way around this is there? Really not looking forward to sending the messages each one at a time.

You're in luck. From the FAQ:
"Mass TGs support personalization via the macro %NATION%, which, when used in the body of a message, expands into the name of the nation reading it."
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Themightymanuel
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Themightymanuel » Fri May 22, 2015 5:40 pm

Unfortunately I was aware of this and was looking for more that is not available through the standard methods. Specifically I need to insert a number into the message.
Believe in strong government? Join the Imperium of the Wolf

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Fri May 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Themightymanuel wrote:Unfortunately I was aware of this and was looking for more that is not available through the standard methods. Specifically I need to insert a number into the message.

Oh...well, then, you'll need to wait for a mod. I can't help.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Fri May 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Phydios wrote:
Themightymanuel wrote:Unfortunately I was aware of this and was looking for more that is not available through the standard methods. Specifically I need to insert a number into the message.

Oh...well, then, you'll need to wait for a mod. I can't help.

There's no magical mod trick. %NATION% is the only customizable option in API or Templates. If you want to put the same number in each message, you're fine, but there's no current method to have anything else be different from message to message using those methods.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Fri May 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Mousebumples wrote:
Phydios wrote:Oh...well, then, you'll need to wait for a mod. I can't help.

There's no magical mod trick. %NATION% is the only customizable option in API or Templates. If you want to put the same number in each message, you're fine, but there's no current method to have anything else be different from message to message using those methods.

What I meant was that Themightymanuel would have to wait for a mod to answer their question. Thanks for the info.

Return to Technical