NATION

PASSWORD

OLD - Athiris - Main Modern Roleplay

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Noviria
Secretary

Founded: Apr 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

OLD - Athiris - Main Modern Roleplay

Postby Noviria » Sun May 17, 2015 4:48 pm

OOC: Okay, here it is. To get started, maybe put up a news article or something about a current event in your country.
Last edited by Noviria on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic: -5.13, Social -7.28 www.politicalcompass.org

Astuana
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Astuana » Sun May 17, 2015 6:26 pm

The Daily Horn: May 17th 2015
By Mark Williams

President Mountcastle gave a speech outside the executive mansion to the public addressing the the issue of the worst recession to hit Astuana in more than 50 years. In her speech president Mountcastle urged the nation to spend more money to help boost the economy. She urged private investors to take advantage of the uranium deposits found in the south part of the nation and build refining facilities. She also spoke about reducing our dependency on foreign imports. "We need to become self reliant. We have the plains to grow more than enough food. We have deposits of uranium we can mine and sell on the foreign markets..." Words spoken by our president which was met with cheers from the people. President Mountcastle has shown herself dedicated to make changes in Astuana in her first year in office.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.72

Athiris A cool RPing region with different timelines and periods.

Feriania
Secretary

Founded: May 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Feriania » Sun May 17, 2015 8:03 pm

In a news article found in the Daily Fern, the Queen of Feriania has anounced a Royal Marraige shall take place between our Homeland of Feriania and the lovely country of Cittadea. She says the two who are getting married is a secret for now; a suprise for the whole country. Also in the Daily Fern, Ferni military provides medical aid to a recent outbreak of a unknow deasies in the small country south of Feriania called Lulua.

Velleria (Ancient)
Civilian

Founded: May 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Velleria (Ancient) » Sun May 17, 2015 8:07 pm

A meeting of high Vellerian officails in a abandoned church in Fernbrug has ended in a bitter argument about plans to assassinate Queen Vinra and her heirs.

Cittadea
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cittadea » Mon May 18, 2015 12:37 am

OOC: *snippy-snip* Nevermind, I reread the RMB.

Excerpt from the title page of The Sentinel for today
The Crown, this morning, confirmed the rumour that a member of the royal family is to wed a member of the royal family of Feriania, a long-standing ally of Cittadea. Neither partner of the marriage is yet known, although earlier rumours claimed that the groom was to be one of the Ferni crown princes, Elec or Ronan von Drachen.
Last edited by Cittadea on Mon May 18, 2015 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -7.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Nationalist alliance of God
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist alliance of God » Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 pm

National News Article 053
by Political Officer Monrava Nolamana

The Supreme Leader has just announced his intentions to gain international recognition for our great nation. He plans to speak with the leaders of The Queendom of Feriania, The Commonwealth of Noviria, and The Principality of Cittadea for initial talks.

In other news, extremist Anti-government terrorists have been thankfully executed by noble police officers after rioting in the streets of our grand capital. The families of the terrorists have also been detained for state re-education, we wish them luck in returning to the way of the Supreme Leader.

Remember fellow Athracites, those who can serve, will.
Last edited by Nationalist alliance of God on Mon May 18, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Society is an illusion of individual actions. Do not blame society for the actions of the individual, for it is truly up to him to determine his fate.

Feriania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Feriania » Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 pm

"Today on the Norden Show we have our most wonderful Prince Elec of Feriani" says talk show host Geralt Len Doven, Elec walks on stage and sits in the chiar next to Geralt. "Nice to be here Geralt" replies prince Elec, "So lets cut to the chase prince Elec, can you hint at who will be married in the royal family?" asked Geralt, Elec chuckles and replies "Ahh saddly but i cannot say at this moment, though i can say it will be either me or my brother"He looks into the camreas and winks," Sorry ladies", Geralt switchis his leg postion and opens his mouth to speak but gets cut off by a man in the crowd who stands up and points a gun at Elec screaming "HAIL VELLERIA, DEATH TO FERIANIA", the royal guard react quickly poping two bullets into his chest killing the man, Geralt stands up and yells "Turn off the camreas!", the camreas turn off just as you see Prince Elec being led away.

Cittadea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Cittadea » Mon May 18, 2015 5:21 pm

A letter. From the Nationalist alliance of God...?
This was unusual. The nation had been maintained a rigid policy of isolationism since... well, since its reunification.
The princess wondered what the Supreme Leader may possibly want. The nation had no major economic issues, was a potent military force and she knew better than to believe that the durable people of the Athracite peninsula required an alliance. Could this perhaps relate to their refusal to join the World Peace Organisation?
"Alessia!" erupted a male voice from the door, "There is news from Feriania!"

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist alliance of God » Mon May 18, 2015 5:42 pm

The Supreme Leader sat in his office overlooking the Capital of Athram, in front of him sat the various business, political, and military leaders of the Nationalist Alliance.

"Supreme Leader?" asked Azrha Rotara, CEO of Rotara Motors.

"Yes Azrha my most esteemed ally" The Supreme Leader turned to him, his face unreadable despite the small smile, everyone in that office knew that one had to be careful when talking the Supreme Leader, none of them even knew his name, he was extremely unpredictable.

"Does your recent decision to interact with the other nations mean free international trade will finally be allowed?" The CEO asked very carefully

The Supreme Leader's face suddenly became expressionless, the other men in the room felt the dark twinge of fear creep up on them, Azrha Rotara trembled in his seat. Then he laughed, it was not a normal laugh by any means, it was terrible, unnatural, even predatory, he glanced around the room, the other men nervously laughed as well, Azrha was beyond terrified. "Yes of course, excelllent question Mr. Rotara."

Azrha Rotara prevented himself from sighing in relief as the couriers returned to verify that the messages to the other nations had been sent.
Society is an illusion of individual actions. Do not blame society for the actions of the individual, for it is truly up to him to determine his fate.

Cittadea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Cittadea » Mon May 18, 2015 5:55 pm

"It's okay," wheezed Emiliano, "no-one was harmed. Well, besides the attacker."
"I should go, nonetheless."
"What about the Athram convention? You understand fully the importance of this meeting."
Alessia sighed at her uncle, "Do we know who was responsible?"
"Not yet, but if there is any news, I'll make sure you're the first to know."

Astuana
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Astuana » Tue May 19, 2015 8:49 am

Inside the Presidential Office of Astuana

Three Military officers of high rank dressed in gray stood bent over a table with various schematics and drawings on them. All around on the tables and chairs stood boxes labeled classified all packed tightly with each other. One of the officers looked up at the red headed woman standing in front of him “Madam President are you sure this is a good idea.”
“General Rowling I thought you would have more confidence in this, these designs are the future of our nation. With the times we live in, we need to improve our nation’s security.” President Mountcastle smiled as she finished talking, she picked up on of the schematics and passed her hand over it, almost caressing it.
The other two generals looked up, the fairly dark skinned one said “It’s ambitious but I think the R&D can do it. I’ll start talking to the heads of R&D this afternoon and see what we can do.”
The president nodded before turning towards her desk and shooing them away from her office. As she approached her desk she looked out the window that overlooked Astua, the nation’s capital. She smiled took her seat and started writing on a piece of paper.
Political Compass

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist alliance of God » Tue May 19, 2015 10:30 am

The meeting was silent until the Supreme Leader stood up suddenly "Send invitations to the Athram conference to every nation in Athiris, I don't care who they are" He commanded

"Right away sir!" an assistant responded before running off to do his duty.

"I must object supreme Leader!, we can not allow this many foreign nationals in this nation. In fact I think we need a change in leadership." General Daniel Bravam stood, staring into the dictator's eyes.

"You have never defied me before General Bravam, why now?"

"Because I am the only man here who isn't afraid of you, you have brought nothing but terror and devastation and by Azram I will end you" The General raised his voice, the Supreme Leader's eyes narrowed and his smug grin turned into a disappointed frown upon seeing the pistol in the General's hand.

"I thought you knew better Daniel" The supreme leader moved like a viper, snatching the pistol away and turning it on its owner "I have taken more lives than you can imagine to reunite the tribes, the old ways are over. Your time is over." The pistol was fired, the first round tore through the General's sternum, the second through the throat, and the third through the left eye, the Supreme Leader then emptied the whole magazine into the former General's corpse, sending him sprawling against the wall, coating it in crimson.

"Now would anyone else like to attempt a coup d'é·tat, or even defy me, I would just love to hear it." He looked around at the rest of his council "No? Then get out and tell Vladimir Zavakali that he is the new General of the Armed Forces, and execute the former general's family." he roared "And clean up his fucking corpse! I have a conference to prepare for."
Last edited by Nationalist alliance of God on Wed May 20, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astuana
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Astuana » Tue May 19, 2015 11:48 am

Presidential Office, Executive Mansion, Capital City of Astua

President Mountcastle sat at her desk looking over several new legislative documents that needed her signature. She pressed her hand against her head as she looked at some of them. Some states had petitioned for extreme political parties to be outlawed, others wanted tariffs be placed on international trade. She placed the pen on the desk and placed her head down tired and exhausted. After the meeting with the Chiefs of Defense about some new weapons that she wanted to be created through the R&D program Mountcastle was just spent. Her national security briefing was just about to begin in a couple of minutes, the intercom buzzed causing her to sit upright in her seat.
“What is it Melissa?” She asked keying the button to respond
“The secretary of State is here to see you Madam President” replied her secretary
“He’s not scheduled for today” said Mountcastle trying her hardest to think why the SOS would want to see her.
“He says it is very important, a matter of national security.” Said Melissa, the secretary of state could be heard in the background talking to Melissa.
Mountcastle rubbed her forehead before replying “send him in.” She stood up and walked over to the middle of the room where a coffee table was placed with soft plush sofas and chairs around it. She straightened her suit dress and put on her suit jacket just as the door busted open with a frantic Secretary of State running in.
“Madam President, Madam President. I have news for you.” He spoke as sat down on one of the plush chairs.
Mountcastle took a long look at him “Jim this better be damn important, your holding back m NS Briefing.”
“It is Madam President, we received an invitation to the Athram conference.”
Mountcastle opened her eyes and looked at him, “After so many years, they are hosting a conference? What happened to their policy on Isolation?”
“Ma’am I don’t know what to tell you but rumor has it a coup d’e etat failed recently. I think they might want to open up to the world.”
“Well this is pretty big, it’s not every day an isolationist regime opens up relations with someone, and I want the entire cabinet to meet in the Crisis room. Bring me the expert on that country, I think the playing field just changed.” Replied Mountcastle, she walked over to her desk and keyed the intercom “Melissa cancel the NS Briefing and any other plans of mine today, get everybody in the Crisis Room; the cabinet, chiefs of defense everyone its important.” She turned back to Jim “Thanks Jim”
He nodded before saying “Anytime Madam President, see you in the Crisis Room.” Jim turned and walked away towards the door as Mountcastle walked over to a painting on the wall. The painting showed the inauguration of the first President, she it forward and it swinged out revealing a safe underneath. She opened the safe and pulled out a sealed envelope labeled Nationalist alliance of God with the word Classified in red underneath.
Political Compass

Feriania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Feriania » Wed May 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Queen Vinra sits in her study looking at the paper work that lies on her desk. She sighs rubbing her temple, and taking a sip of her water. Her son Elec is standing in front of her, and her desk, looking tired.
Vinra: "Should we talk with NAoG, Elec?
Elec: "Yes we should talk with them and maybe open a few trade aggreements with them"
Vinra: " I suppose so, though i wish your father was here'
Elec looks at his mother worrying. Vinra gets up and goes to the door.
Vinra: "Im going to take a nap son, i want you to look through the paper work and decide for me."
Elec: "Yes mother, sleep well"
As Vinra leaves, Elec sits down in her chair and starts going through the paper.

Feriania
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Feriania » Wed May 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Feriania starts Economic Reforms to change its currency to the Nordguld

Nordiskforbund
Secretary

Founded: May 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordiskforbund » Wed May 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Copenhagen,
Nordic Union

Chairman Albert Henrik Hansen sat in his office at Folkeborg, the seat of the Nordic government. His office, the chairman's office since the building was completed, was a nice office, but not lavish, fitting in with the rest of the Nordic Union; it is a nice country, but not an overly luxurious one. This day would not be an ordinary day, as Foreign Commissar Kaj Holst entered the office with a large manila folder and a worried expression.

"Comrade Hansen," he greeted, laying the manila folder onto Hansen's desk and continuing, "The Nationalist Alliance of God, a country that has been in isolation for decades, has finally decided to reenter global politics. As you're aware, they are ruled by a reactionary, counterrevolutionary regime; it's one of the worst examples of a Dictatorship of the Bourgeoisie that I have ever been alive to experience. Their leadership, a man whom we have only been able to identify as 'Supreme Leader,' has invited delegations from the entirety of the world to a conference at their capital city of Athram.

Comrade, I do not know what to expect from this. It could be pointless or it could be meaningful. However, given the nature of their country in relation to our Harmonious Dictatorship, I do recommend bringing armed guards as a security measure to accompany the delegation."

Hansen, flipping through the papers in the manila folder labeled "Gudarkiv" with "YDERST HEMMELIGT" stamped onto it in red. They were the top secret files on the Nationalist Alliance of God. Sighing, Hansen replied, "Comrade Holst, I will lead the Nordic delegation in the Athram Conference. I want a team of diplomats and experts on their country assembled and ready to leave by tomorrow morning."

Sandheden;

June Elections Approaching:
The excitement gathers all across the union as the June elections, taking place on the first of that month, will be the first ever elections for the position of Chairman of the Communist Party. The Nordic Union has had experience with all kinds of elections and democracy, both political and economic, but up until now the leader of the union has always been appointed by the Thought Commission. This election is unlike the elections in more capitalist countries; all candidates must have Communist Party membership, they must pass the Ideological Leftism test that the Thought Commission has issued to prove that they are not counterrevolutionary, and they must rely on logic and reason alone in their attempt to win the election; any populist campaigning techniques result in disqualification. As of now, the three leading candidates for Chairman are our current chairman Dr. Albert Hansen from the Danish Technocommunist Republic, Luukas Heikki from the Finnish Technocommunist Republic, and Anton Yezhov from the Gardarikan Technocommunist Republic.

Comrade Hansen to Attend Athram Conference:
Recently, the Nationalist Alliance of God has decided to come out of isolation and invite delegations from all of the countries in the world to a conference at their capital city, Athram. It is unknown what the purpose of this conference is, but the Communist Party is speculating several reasons. Comrade Hansen will be leaving for the conference tomorrow accompanied by diplomats and experts; they will be the Nordic delegation in the Athram Conference.
The only strong Left is a united Left.

Why you should be against the Trans-Pacific Partnership and "Free Trade"
Join Athiris, a realistic roleplaying region that is always looking for new members.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist alliance of God » Wed May 20, 2015 10:23 pm

The corpse of General Bravam left a dark red stain on the wall of the conference room, but it had otherwise been cleaned. The Supreme Leader stood alone, overlooking Athram from out of the bay window. The soft sounds of the city could be heard as workers rushed to work, cars honked in the streets, and yells and marching were heard from the drill grounds just below. The city had been built long ago by the Zavakali tribe, carved into the Athola mountain, there were few trees in this part of Athra after all. The city had been abandoned, razed, rebuilt, and occasionally buried in its long history and the Athracites always came back to it. The Supreme Leader looked upon it with pride; he had rebuilt it again, the Civil War was long over and now he would bring the Arhracite people into world politics.

The door swinging shut was the only indication that Colonel Vladimir Zavakali had joined him, the man saluted and stood at attention. "You asked for me sir?"

"Indeed, in light of the late General Bravam's so untimely disobedience you are now the new General of the Armed Forces, you will lead our forces to victory" the dictator turned with a severe glint in his eye "or die trying".

"I will sir, do I have any duties regarding the Athram Conference?" Vladimir asked with some trepidation

"Yes, you will accompany me and aid with military discussion should you be called upon" the Supreme Leader turned fully toward Vladimir, who stood stock still.

"What about the CEO's and Tribal chiefs sir?"

the psychopath frowned, "they will wait until after the main meeting, we however will be alone with the leaders of our rival nations during the official talks, I would be lying if I wasn't interested in their responses to our reveal, however be on your guard, you know the tricks of foreigners."

"I see sir. If I may, I can get the latest reports from our intelligence forces abroad." Vladimir asked, he received a positive nod as his only response as he summoned a secretary to bring the latest reports.

Nordiskforbund
Secretary

Founded: May 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordiskforbund » Thu May 21, 2015 6:48 am

Baltic Sea,
Approaching Nationalist Airspace

En route from the Nordic Union flew an Il-96, escorted by two Su-35's; Russians were responsible for much of the aircraft in the Nordic Union. Aboard the massive jet was Chairman Albert Hansen and the Scandinavian delegation; this jet was custom-built for the Nordic government. As they approached Nationalist airspace, the pilot of the Il-96 radioed the Nationalists, requesting permission to enter their airspace and directions on where to land. The fighter jet escorts were mentioned in the message to the Nationalist government.
The only strong Left is a united Left.

Why you should be against the Trans-Pacific Partnership and "Free Trade"
Join Athiris, a realistic roleplaying region that is always looking for new members.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist alliance of God » Thu May 21, 2015 7:36 am

The Scandinavian Il-96 and its escort were given permission to land in the Athram military airbase, they also were joined by a squadron of Athracite I-13 Phoenix interceptors as they headed to the airbase.

Cittadea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Cittadea » Thu May 21, 2015 8:18 am

Chancellor Anudesdei scowled. No one seemed to have the slightest idea what was happening.
A totalitarian nation like the Nationalist Alliance of God doesn't just open its borders. Something bigger had to be afoot.
In truth, however, the man was terrified and he knew better to think that suspicion could cloud fear. He remembered in his youth, his love for history, and less fondly, the accounts of ruthlessly vicious Athracite soldiers.

“Chancellor, we’re nearing shore,” stated one of the crew unexpectedly.
“Hmm? What? Oh, yes, sure, sure…” muttered the man. He looked out of the window, the sailor was right. The shore was in sight.
He was being foolish. He had never been to this nation. He had no right to be scared, surely…?

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist alliance of God » Thu May 21, 2015 8:28 am

A loud blaring horn boomed out from the starboard bow, two Gilamyn class patrol boats were approaching the Cittadean vessel.

One of the patrol boat's captains started speaking over a loudspeaker "Unknown vessel, Identify yourself, if you are part of the diplomatic envoy en-route to the Athram Conference, submit to escort through to the Bay of Zavosa. If not, turn back at once or you will be sunk!"

Cittadea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Cittadea » Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 am

The CIttadean vessel identified itself and continued into Athracite waters, under the strictest supervision of the patrol boats of course.
Examining the patrol boats from the deck, the Chancellor clutched the tight knot he felt in his stomach and hid his frown. He hated suspicion almost as much as detested boats.

Astuana
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Astuana » Thu May 21, 2015 8:55 am

High in the sky above the Inland Sea approaching the NAoG Airspace flew an Astuannan 747 jet. Painted in the nations state livery and with the name Federation Two it carried the Vice President of Astuana and the Ministers of commerce. They had been sent in place of the President due to her being needed elsewhere. The flight was being escorted by two F-35 Thunderbolt fighters as it started descending to a lower flight level and attempted to establish communications with NAoG Air Traffic controllers.

"Mr. Vice president we are approaching Alliance Airspace." Said a flight attendant at a dark skinned male sitting by a window. "Ok thank you" he replied, he looked out the window as the shore approached from below "Something big is going on, and it sure doesn't feel good" he said to himself.
Last edited by Astuana on Thu May 21, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationalist alliance of God » Thu May 21, 2015 9:28 am

The Patrol boats broke off the escort once within the bay of Zavrosa, a waiting convoy of armored SUVs awaited to transport the Cittatean envoy once on shore.

In the air, Athracite air traffic controllers gave permission to Federation Two and its escort fighters to land at the Athram airfield once the Nordic delegation had landed. In the meantime, they were intercepted and escorted by a squadron of F-18 Screamers

Astuana
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Astuana » Thu May 21, 2015 12:04 pm

The wheels of Federation Two screeched as the plane landed on the runway and slowed to a halt. The escort fighters flew past the Airfield overhead in a traditional show of force before circling to land. the massive jet pulled up to the tarmac in front of a small building. The door to the aircraft opened as a ladder was brought forward so the passengers could disembark. First came out 6 Federation Marines in full battle gear armed with Colt 9MM machine guns. They walked down the steps and formed a line at the bottom, facing the Athracite delegation walking towards them. The vice president and the Ministers of commerce walked out of the plane and down the steps, unsure of what awaited them.
Political Compass

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates