NATION

PASSWORD

Global Roleplay Region application board

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Founded: May 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Global Roleplay Region application board

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Sun May 17, 2015 8:31 am

Welcome to the Global Roleplay Region

A brand new region with two active founders, so if you are here, you are probably interested in joining us! Put down your application down below, but there are some rules you need to follow

1: Please follow the application guidelines
2: No massive claims, any claim that takes too much land Will be denied and asked to scale down their claim E.G no claiming of all of America.
3: Try not to centre your claim around an area where everybody is, so try and spread your claim elsewhere so we can fill up the map, as some applications in rare circumstances will be denied, in the interests of preventing a area from becoming too packed
4:This is a SERIOUS roleplay region, please take that into consideration when posting your application.
5: Read the rest of the rules, as these are a general overview

The application forms:
The following is an application for new nations coming into the region:
Code: Select all
[b]General[/b]
[i]Full Nation Name:[/i]
[i]General Nation Name:[/i]
[i]Head of State:[/i]
[i]Head of Government:[/i]
[i]Governmental System:[/i]
[i]State Ideology (if any):[/i]
[i]Capital:[/i]
[i]Map Claims (map image is recommended):[/i]
[i]Population (must be based on your claimed territory in RL, Some alteration can happen, within reason):[/i]
[i]Unemployment Rate:[/i]
[i]Currency:[/i]
[i]Main import and export products[/i]:
[i]GDP/i]

[b]Military [/b]
military must be based on RL military. That means NO XCom squads, Giant Death Robots, etc.
[i]How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION):[/i]
[i]Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?:[/i]
[i]Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons):[/i]
[i]Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.):[/i]

[b]Political[/b]

[i]Describe the form of government:[/i]
[i]How does your government work (keep it general please)?:[/i]
[i]Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its mainland?:[/i]
[i]If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?:[/i]

[b]History[/b]
[b]Description of your nations history (do not keep it general; make it detailed):[/b]

The following is an application for a rebel or terrorist group within your own nation:
[b]Organization Name:[/b]
[b]Areas of Operation:[/b]
[b]Group Ideology:[/b]
[b]Leader: (If any)[/b]
[b]Economy (Where does the money come from, and how much)[/b]
[b]Membership Size: (How many members do you have?)[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Resources: (Does your group have access to any equipment, or any means of income, legit or otherwise?)[/b]
[b]Militia: (If multiple militia forces, please separate into different groups)[/b]
[b]Background: (How/why did the organization arise?)[/b]

The following is an application for an expansion of your territory into unclaimed areas (note that these will rarely get accepted. Only if a very good reason is given, these will get accepted):
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]New Land Claim:[/b]
[b]Way of taking over the land:[/b]
[b]If Military, Total Military Used:[/b]
[b]Reason for Claiming New Land/Background:[/b]
Last edited by Global Roleplay Region on Sun May 24, 2015 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Judea
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby -Judea » Sun May 17, 2015 1:29 pm

General
Full Nation Name: Hasmonean Kingdom of Judea
General Nation Name: Judea
Head of State: King Eren Maccabaeus X
Head of Government: King Eren Maccabaeus X
Governmental System: Absolute theocratic monarchy
State Ideology (if any): None
Capital: Jerusalem
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): https://holylandstudy.files.wordpress.c ... .png?w=652
Population (must be based on your claimed territory in RL, Some leeway is given): 8,238,300
Human Development Index: 0.888
Unemployment Rate: 1.6
Currency: Hasmonean shekel
Main import and export products: Ceder Wood
GDP and Total National Budget: 286.840 billion
- Per capita $35,658

Military
military must be based on RL military. That means NO Stormtroopers, Super Death Robots, etc.
How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION): 5%
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: Defense Force and Expeditionary Force.
Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons): yes.
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

Political

Describe the form of government: Absolute theocratic monarchy.
How does your government work (keep it general please)?: The King is the Head of State and Government and he is the High Priest of the temple. Both religious and political are main government work.
Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its homeland?: No.
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?: none.

History
Description of your nations history (do not keep it general; make it detailed):

Third Jewish–Roman War

During the reign of Leo III, Judea was under the control of the Byzantine Empire. Leo III was terrible to the Jews and force the Jews convert, take their children away to be raise as Christain and kill all the Jews who do not convert to Christainity. The Jews have finally lost it and rebel against their Byzantine Ruler, kick out the Byzantine from Judea and established a kingdom and made 15 years old Eren Maccabeus the last descendants of Hyrcanus II from the line of Hasmonean their new King. Leo III send his army toward Judea to reconqer it but Eren have some friends who were generals of the Byzantine armies until they were remove from office by Leo III, they knew the Byzantine tactics of wars so they train the Jewish Army to counter the Byzantine warring tactics. The war lasted for 2 years until the Byzantine troop are tried and growing weak while the Jewish troop are growing stronger and they mange to defeat all the Byzantine troops and send them back to Constantinople. Leo III had no choice but to let go of Judea and recognized it as a nation. Thus began of the rebirth of The Hasmonean Kingdom of Judea.

Rebuilding of the Temple

After the establishment of the Hasmonean Kingdom of Judea, Eren made changes in Jerusalem. Almost all the Christians are kick out of Judea but he allow the Christian to make pilgrimage their holy sites and it will not be destroyed. He rebuilt houses, synagogue, few churches and built a royal palace for himself and his family to live in, he also found the Ark of the Covenant inside the Temple Mount. Since the destruction of Second Temple in 70 CE all the Jews are sad for the Temple. Eren was sad too about it so he decided to to built a new Jewish Temple, King Eren hire all Men, Women, Teenagers and homeless people all over Judea who are willing to help build the third Jewish Temple and the Temple will be the same construction and cubits as the First Temple A.K.A Solomon's Temple. It had took 7 Years to completed the Temple. When the temple was completed he hire all the remaining Levites to serve in the Temple and he made himself high priest of the temple for he was the line of Hasmoneans which they were both Kings and High Priests, he also put the Ark of the Covenant back into the Holy of Holies. Eren has a party to celebrate the rebuilding of the Temple and let all the Jews come inside the Temple but in not in the Holy of Holies and Eren did the first sacrifices in the temple since 652 years. Thus the Rebuilt of the Temple.
Last edited by -Judea on Sun May 17, 2015 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Sun May 17, 2015 1:48 pm

-Judea wrote:General

General Nation Name: Israel
Head of State: King Eren Maccabaeus X
Head of Government: King Eren Maccabaeus X
Governmental System: Absolute theocratic monarchy
Capital: Jerusalem
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): https://holylandstudy.files.wordpress.c ... .png?w=652
Population (must be based on your claimed territory in RL, Some leeway is given): 8,238,300
Human Development Index: 0.888
Unemployment Rate: 1.6
Currency: Hasmonean shekel
Main import and export products: Ceder Wood
GDP and Total National Budget: 286.840 billion
- Per capita $35,658

Military
military must be based on RL military. That means NO Stormtroopers, Super Death Robots, etc.
How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION): 5%
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: Defense Force and Expeditionary Force.
Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons): yes.
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces

Political

Describe the form of government: Absolute theocratic monarchy.
How does your government work (keep it general please)?: The King is the Head of State and Government and he is the High Priest of the temple. Both religious and political are main government work.
Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its homeland?: No.
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?: none.

History

Third Jewish–Roman War

During the reign of Leo III, Judea was under the control of the Byzantine Empire. Leo III was terrible to the Jews and force the Jews convert, take their children away to be raise as Christain and kill all the Jews who do not convert to Christainity. The Jews have finally lost it and rebel against their Byzantine Ruler, kick out the Byzantine from Judea and established a kingdom and made 15 years old Eren Maccabeus the last descendants of Hyrcanus II from the line of Hasmonean their new King. Leo III send his army toward Judea to reconqer it but Eren have some friends who were generals of the Byzantine armies until they were remove from office by Leo III, they knew the Byzantine tactics of wars so they train the Jewish Army to counter the Byzantine warring tactics. The war lasted for 2 years until the Byzantine troop are tried and growing weak while the Jewish troop are growing stronger and they mange to defeat all the Byzantine troops and send them back to Constantinople. Leo III had no choice but to let go of Judea and recognized it as a nation. Thus began of the rebirth of The Hasmonean Kingdom of Judea.

Rebuilding of the Temple

After the establishment of the Hasmonean Kingdom of Judea, Eren made changes in Jerusalem. Almost all the Christians are kick out of Judea but he allow the Christian to make pilgrimage their holy sites and it will not be destroyed. He rebuilt houses, synagogue, few churches and built a royal palace for himself and his family to live in, he also found the Ark of the Covenant inside the Temple Mount. Since the destruction of Second Temple in 70 CE all the Jews are sad for the Temple. Eren was sad too about it so he decided to to built a new Jewish Temple, King Eren hire all Men, Women, Teenagers and homeless people all over Judea who are willing to help build the third Jewish Temple and the Temple will be the same construction and cubits as the First Temple A.K.A Solomon's Temple. It had took 7 Years to completed the Temple. When the temple was completed he hire all the remaining Levites to serve in the Temple and he made himself high priest of the temple for he was the line of Hasmoneans which they were both Kings and High Priests, he also put the Ark of the Covenant back into the Holy of Holies. Eren has a party to celebrate the rebuilding of the Temple and let all the Jews come inside the Temple but in not in the Holy of Holies and Eren did the first sacrifices in the temple since 652 years. Thus the Rebuilt of the Temple.

Congratulations you are Accepted you can now start roleplaying

Americony
Civil Servant

Founded: May 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

America application

Postby Americony » Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 am

General
Full Nation Name: The United States of America
General Nation Name: United States
Head of State: B. Obama
Head of Government: B. Obama
Governmental System: Presidential Federal Republic
State Ideology (if any): Liberalism
Capital: Washington DC
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): All of the USA (Including overseas territory)
Population around 309 million:
Unemployment Rate: 5,5%
Currency: American Dollar
Main import and export products:
GDP:17,4 trillion dollars

Military
military must be based on RL military. That means NO XCom squads, Giant Death Robots, etc.
How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION): Same as US
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: both
Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons): Yes
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.): Same as US

Political

Describe the form of government: Same as US
How does your government work (keep it general please)?: Same as US
Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its mainland?: Philippines
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?:Equal, of course.

History
Description of your nations history (do not keep it general; make it detailed): Same as US :)

Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Mon May 18, 2015 3:47 am

Americony wrote:General
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): All of the USA (Including overseas territory)

Military
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: both
Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons): Yes
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.): Same as US

Political

Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its mainland?: Philippines
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?:Equal, of course.

History
Description of your nations history (do not keep it general; make it detailed): Same as US :)

This claim is too large, you cannot have all of America. You must only have part of america and make specific answers

Americony
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Americony » Mon May 18, 2015 4:45 am

Global Roleplay Region wrote:
Americony wrote:General

Military

Political

History

This claim is too large, you cannot have all of America. You must only have part of america and make specific answers

But I just want to claim America, almost all roleplay regions allow the US to have it. You can scrap the Philippines if you really want to.

United Germanic Union
Lobbyist

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Germanic Union » Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 am

Americony wrote:
Global Roleplay Region wrote:This claim is too large, you cannot have all of America. You must only have part of america and make specific answers

But I just want to claim America, almost all roleplay regions allow the US to have it. You can scrap the Philippines if you really want to.

This region is not all the other regions, as people who claim all the US are constantly overpowered. This region will make sure the U.S. Is not as overpowered

Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Mon May 18, 2015 8:13 am

United Germanic Union wrote:
Americony wrote:

This region is not all the other regions, as people who claim all the US are constantly overpowered. This region will make sure the U.S. Is not as overpowered

This is me by the way

The United Covenant
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Covenant » Mon May 18, 2015 9:35 am

Could you elaborate on your definition of a territorial claim that is "Too large"? Such as in square kilometers/miles, or percentage of the world covered?

Also, what is the tech level of the RP?
-Current Year: 2056
-Tech Level: Postmodern Tech (PMT)
-Government: Federal Republic, Stromist single-party state
-Dominant Party: The New Order Party
-State Religion: None, unenforced state atheism
-Population: 923,423,231
-Land Area: 23,624,915
-GDP: $45.6 Trillion
-HDI: 0.921

Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 am

The United Covenant wrote:Could you elaborate on your definition of a territorial claim that is "Too large"? Such as in square kilometers/miles, or percentage of the world covered?

Well, it depends on the population density. I'd say, about no larger area than the lower 48 (USA minus Alaska and Hawaii), and no area that has a population of over 200 million. But, it depends on the situation (China's east coast is completely different than northern Canada, for example), so it depends on the area, and mostly the population density of it.

We're modern tech, by the way.

United Germanic Canada
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby United Germanic Canada » Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 am

The United Covenant wrote:Could you elaborate on your definition of a territorial claim that is "Too large"? Such as in square kilometers/miles, or percentage of the world covered?

The other founder kinda gets it right, but changes and maybe some leeway can be given if wished

Americony
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Americony » Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 am

United Germanic Canada wrote:

The other founder kinda gets it right, but changes and maybe some leeway can be given if wished

But a split America ain't no fun.... 200 million is a really small number. I mean, if you claim Nigeria and Cameroon it is already over 200 million.

Americony
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Americony » Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 am

Well, it depends on the population density. I'd say, about no larger area than the lower 48 (USA minus Alaska and Hawaii), and no area that has a population of over 200 million. But, it depends on the situation (China's east coast is completely different than northern Canada, for example), so it depends on the area, and mostly the population density of it.

We're modern tech, by the way.

Hawaii is relatively small and there are only around a million people living there. And, I am willing to only claim America, but noone is going to claim Alaska and Hawaii, probably. So why can't I have 'em?

Riihavnir
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Riihavnir » Mon May 18, 2015 11:33 am

Americony wrote:
United Germanic Canada wrote:The other founder kinda gets it right, but changes and maybe some leeway can be given if wished

But a split America ain't no fun.... 200 million is a really small number. I mean, if you claim Nigeria and Cameroon it is already over 200 million.

That's exactly what I meant. In really densely populated areas, the standards are different.

Americony
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Americony » Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 am

Riihavnir wrote:
Americony wrote:

That's exactly what I meant. In really densely populated areas, the standards are different.

Can I have leeway then? :P

Riihavnir
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Riihavnir » Mon May 18, 2015 11:36 am

Americony wrote:
Riihavnir wrote:That's exactly what I meant. In really densely populated areas, the standards are different.

I'll talk about it with UGC.

Riihavnir
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Riihavnir » Mon May 18, 2015 11:39 am

By the way, I'll just post my application here too, so you can look things up about my nation if you need them:

General
Full Nation Name: The Republic of Riihavnir
General Nation Name: Riihavnir
Head of State: President Tony Anderson
Head of Government: President Tony Anderson
State Ideology (if any): Democracy, Libertarianism and Environmentalism
Capital: Edmonton
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut
Population (must be based on your claimed territory in RL, Some alteration can happen, within reason): 10.4 million
Unemployment Rate: 6.5%
Currency: Riihavniri Dollar
Import: Electronics and cars.
Export: Wood, meat and fish, petroleum, metals.
GDP: $514.9 billion

Military
How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION): 300,000
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: Defence
Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons): No
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.): Military is quite small, as we're a peaceful nation, but enough to defend ourselves against attacks. Mostly land-based. I'll elaborate more in a factbook.

Political

Describe the form of government: Presidential Federal Republic
How does your government work (keep it general please)?: Every 4 years, a President is elected, along with Parliament. The President leads the country. New laws first have to pass through Parliament. If they get a majority vote there, it is then signed by the President and comes into force. The provinces are mostly self-governing, but the federal government does international business and defence, and can imply nationwide laws and intervene in one of the provinces, if necessary.
Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its mainland?: No
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?: N/A

History
Description of your nations history (do not keep it general; make it detailed): Along with others, the Riihav people crossed the Bering Land Bridge to the Americas thousands of years ago. While others went more south, the Riihavs stayed in the north and settled there. Somewhere around 2500 BC, the Riihav people created their own nation, being one of the first in the Americas to do so. The nation, called Riihav Nir, meaning Land of the Riihavs, started in the plains east of the Rocky mountains, somewhat around present-day Edmonton. Riihav Nir became one of the mightiest nations in North America and started to expand. Eventually, after hundreds of years of fighting and expanding, Riihav Nir stretched all the way from Alaska in the west, to the Hudson Bay in the east and Montana in the south. In the 18th century, the Riihavs came in touch with the Europeans. It started with the Russians in Alaska, exploring the area and setting up trade posts there. However, it didn't take long until the Russians started colonizing Alaska. The Riihavs weren't prepared for this, and it didn't take long until Alaska was lost to the Russians. To prevent further invasion, Riihav Nir and Russia signed a treaty saying that Russia could keep Alaska, if they didn't invade any further. But while the Russians stopped, the colonization was far from done yet. It didn't take long until the British started colonizing Riihav Nir, and in a short while, all of Riihav Nir was a British colony. In the years of British rule, the British also settled there, and the colony, named British Northwest America, became bicultural, with British settlers and Riihav natives living alongside each other. Eventually, an uprising came in British Northwest America, with the people wanting independence. A long and bloody war for independence then begun, which resulted in Riihavnir regaining its independence on February 15th, 1892. The Republic of Riihavnir was established. While the British rule was over, many Europeans still lived in Riihavnir, and English was now the lingua franca of the country, with Riihavniri, the traditional language of the Riihavs, now being the country's second language. In the following years, Riihavnir had grown to become a rich, free and developed Western nation, but also managed to keep its contact with nature. Despite being mostly westernized, the traditional Riihav culture is still visible, especially in the more rural areas.
Last edited by Riihavnir on Tue May 19, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Mon May 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Americony wrote:
Riihavnir wrote:That's exactly what I meant. In really densely populated areas, the standards are different.

No, you can have some of the states, but not all of them. Final answer

Americony
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Americony » Mon May 18, 2015 12:20 pm

Americony wrote:

No, you can have some of the states, but not all of them. Final answer

Fine. Then scrap Alaska and Hawaii.

Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Mon May 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Americony wrote:
Global Roleplay Region wrote:No, you can have some of the states, but not all of them. Final answer

Fine. Then scrap Alaska and Hawaii.

No. I'm talking about the mainland U.S.A. You can have some of the states in the mainland U.S.A, but not all of them

The New Singapore Alliance
Political Columnist

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Singapore Alliance » Mon May 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Full Nation Name: The Unified Nations of the Singapore Alliance
General Nation Name: Singapore
Head of State: President Ashley Zhuang
Head of Government: President Ashley Zhuang
Governmental System: Democracy
Capital: Singapore
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): Singapore, Continental Malaysia, Borneo, Sumatra http://i.imgur.com/TPoNvuq.png
Population (must be based on your claimed territory in RL, Some alteration can happen, within reason): 104 million.
Unemployment Rate: 1.9%.
Currency: The Singapore Dollar.
Imports:
GDP: 1.10026 trillion.

Military
How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION): 3.2 million. (3% of total population).
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: It is largely defensive, but capable of offensive operations.
Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons): No.
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.):
While the army and airforce are near-modern and certainly not neglected, the navy receives huge attention due to the SIngapore Alliance's vast coastline and waterways.

Political

Describe the form of government: A democracy, in which representatives are sent from each nation in the Singapore Alliance: Singapore, Malaysia (Continental Malaysia), Great Brunei (Borneo), and New-Indonesia (Sumatra) to Singapore..
How does your government work (keep it general please)?: Each country in the alliance is technically independent with their own states, etc., but in reality, each nation is a state under the capital of Singapore. The democratic system works in the same manner as the present-day United States of America democracy, with a few minor differences.
Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its mainland?: No.
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?: No.

History
After a new sultan came into power in Brunei in 1974, Brunei began rapid militarization. Just a few years later, in 1976, the Indonesian Civil War began when the islands of Sumatra and Timor declared independence on the same day. As the war raged on, Singapore worked towards achieving a tight alliance with Malaysia, but Malaysia rejected all offers. In 1979, the Indonesian federal army defeated Timor at their last stronghold, effectively ending the war on that front. However, Sumatra had at that point taken over the entire north half of the island. 5 days later, Brunei's sultan declared himself the "true ruler of the Earth", and sent his entire army into Malaysia. The Malaysians, who had for years now been preparing to play a defensive war against Indonesia, were caught by surprise. Brunei quickly took over Sabah in just one years time and began making significant headway into Sarawak. In an unexpected move, they launched attacks into East Kalimantan. The federal Indonesians were, to the surprise of the world, losing the war in Sumatra, with almost the entire island being taken over. As Brunei continued to attack Indonesian-controlled Borneo, and took over most of it, Indonesia was becoming significantly weakened, and chose to cede its Borneo territories to 'Great Brunei' in exchange for peace. Malaysia had essentially lost all of insular Borneo when the Great Bruneian sultan went missing, his body turning up 1 month later in a gutter. His place was taken by a general in the Great Bruneian army, who agreed to make peace in exchange for the rest of Malaysia's borneo territory. Malaysia agreed, and the Malaysia-Borneo war was over, with Indonesia recognizing Sumatra's independence just weeks later.
Singapore continued to work towards an alliance. As these nations came out of the horrifying wars, Singapore was able to make significant headway into getting them to sign the pact. Finally, on January 17th, 1989, Great Brunei, Singapore, New-Indonesia, and Malaysia all signed the Singapore Pact, and the Unified Nations of the Singapore Alliance was born.

Global Roleplay Region
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Global Roleplay Region » Mon May 18, 2015 2:37 pm

The New Singapore Alliance wrote:Full Nation Name: The Unified Nations of the Singapore Alliance
General Nation Name: Singapore
Head of State: President Ashley Zhuang
Head of Government: President Ashley Zhuang
Governmental System: Democracy
Capital: Singapore
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): Singapore, Continental Malaysia, Borneo, Sumatra http://i.imgur.com/TPoNvuq.png
Population (must be based on your claimed territory in RL, Some alteration can happen, within reason): 104 million.
Unemployment Rate: 1.9%.
Currency: The Singapore Dollar.
Imports:
GDP: 1.10026 trillion.

Military
How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION): 3.2 million. (3% of total population).
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: It is largely defensive, but capable of offensive operations.
Does your nation maintain a nuclear arsenal? (Please Read the rules on Nuclear Weapons): No.
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.):
While the army and airforce are near-modern and certainly not neglected, the navy receives huge attention due to the SIngapore Alliance's vast coastline and waterways.

Political

Describe the form of government: A democracy, in which representatives are sent from each nation in the Singapore Alliance: Singapore, Malaysia (Continental Malaysia), Great Brunei (Borneo), and New-Indonesia (Sumatra) to Singapore..
How does your government work (keep it general please)?: Each country in the alliance is technically independent with their own states, etc., but in reality, each nation is a state under the capital of Singapore. The democratic system works in the same manner as the present-day United States of America democracy, with a few minor differences.
Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its mainland?: No.
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?: No.

History
After a new sultan came into power in Brunei in 1974, Brunei began rapid militarization. Just a few years later, in 1976, the Indonesian Civil War began when the islands of Sumatra and Timor declared independence on the same day. As the war raged on, Singapore worked towards achieving a tight alliance with Malaysia, but Malaysia rejected all offers. In 1979, the Indonesian federal army defeated Timor at their last stronghold, effectively ending the war on that front. However, Sumatra had at that point taken over the entire north half of the island. 5 days later, Brunei's sultan declared himself the "true ruler of the Earth", and sent his entire army into Malaysia. The Malaysians, who had for years now been preparing to play a defensive war against Indonesia, were caught by surprise. Brunei quickly took over Sabah in just one years time and began making significant headway into Sarawak. In an unexpected move, they launched attacks into East Kalimantan. The federal Indonesians were, to the surprise of the world, losing the war in Sumatra, with almost the entire island being taken over. As Brunei continued to attack Indonesian-controlled Borneo, and took over most of it, Indonesia was becoming significantly weakened, and chose to cede its Borneo territories to 'Great Brunei' in exchange for peace. Malaysia had essentially lost all of insular Borneo when the Great Bruneian sultan went missing, his body turning up 1 month later in a gutter. His place was taken by a general in the Great Bruneian army, who agreed to make peace in exchange for the rest of Malaysia's borneo territory. Malaysia agreed, and the Malaysia-Borneo war was over, with Indonesia recognizing Sumatra's independence just weeks later.
Singapore continued to work towards an alliance. As these nations came out of the horrifying wars, Singapore was able to make significant headway into getting them to sign the pact. Finally, on January 17th, 1989, Great Brunei, Singapore, New-Indonesia, and Malaysia all signed the Singapore Pact, and the Unified Nations of the Singapore Alliance was born.

Everything is fine apart from your military. You cannot sustain that many men. I would suggest around 800,000 instead

The New Singapore Alliance
Political Columnist

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Singapore Alliance » Mon May 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Global Roleplay Region wrote:Everything is fine apart from your military. You cannot sustain that many men. I would suggest around 800,000 instead

That's understandable; 800,000 is fine, thanks for the quick reply

Central Mursia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Mursia » Mon May 18, 2015 2:57 pm

The New Singapore Alliance wrote:
Global Roleplay Region wrote:Everything is fine apart from your military. You cannot sustain that many men. I would suggest around 800,000 instead

That's understandable; 800,000 is fine, thanks for the quick reply

You are now approved A!

The GA of the United Nations
Spokesperson

Founded: May 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The GA of the United Nations » Mon May 18, 2015 6:55 pm

General
Full Nation Name:Unified Intelligence Task Force
General Nation Name: UNIT
Head of State: Kate Stewart
Head of Government:Kate Stewart
Governmental System: Military Democracy
State Ideology (if any):
Capital: London
Map Claimes (map image is recommended): The United Kingdom
Population (must be based on your claimed territory in RL, Some alteration can happen, within reason): 65 million (the population tally was taken back in 2013 at 64.1 million
Unemployment Rate: 5.7%
Currency: Pound
Main import and export products: Imports: Weapons, metal, oil. Exports: Wood, cotton :
GDP: 2.678 trillion

Military
How many Total Personell (NO MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR NATION):1 million personnel
Is your nation's military to be predominantly considered a Defense Force, or an Expeditionary Force?: Defense
Description of your military (A general outline of your armed forces, Navy, Army, Airforce etc.): Much of the military are foot soldiers, with 2 aircraft carriers and nearly 1000 total aircraft

Political

Describe the form of government: Militaristic Parliamentary Democracy
How does your government work (keep it general please)?: A small parliament makes decisions and is carried out by the Head of State.
Does your nation have colonies/dependent regions aside from its mainland?: Iceland and Gilbratar
If so, are they considered equal parts of your nation, or as inferior?: Equal parts

History
The UN Intelligence Taskforce (UNIT) has been at the forefront of intelligence-gathering and special operations outside operational norms since 1968.

Formed in response to a series of incidents on the London Underground in that year, UNIT was a dedicated taskforce specialising in un-territorial incursions.

The service quickly expanded, making our presence felt in a golden period that spanned the sixties, the seventies, and, some would say, the eighties.

We quickly established ourselves at peace conferences, nuclear power stations, and on weapons disarmament programmes, working closely with the UK's space expeditions to Mars.

During this period immense advances were made in UNIT's understanding of the manifold threats to the security of humanity. Still, it was probably a relief to all when the two decades from the mid-eighties onward turned out to be a period of relative peace, broken only by a few incidents, such as the 1995 Bonnybridge Cigar Confrontation.

At this time, governments around the world took advantage of the peace dividend – in our sphere of operations and elsewhere - to cut the number of armed forces. UNIT, especially, reduced in size, shrinking to a hard core of operationally experienced higher ranks and a still very active non-conventional R&D corps. Recent rises in extra-territorial threats, however, have led the service to expand once again.

UNIT now has over five decades' experience in facing threats beyond conventional combat. Everything we do is without limits, and our forces frequently go beyond normal geographical borders in our duties.

We are uniquely placed to provide top-level, effective and timely defence against exceptional threats. These are exciting times for the Taskforce.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information