NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial War Academy [FT/Fan-T][OPEN][OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Are you ready too move on to a new lecture, then evening, followed by night?

Yes, i am done with whatever i was doing
75%
NO! i need more time to do whatever i am doing
25%

Total votes : 12

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Imperial War Academy [FT/Fan-T][OPEN][OOC]

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:14 am

Welcome To
Academy 001

Thanks to TriStates for OP template

List of Links:

IC

Board of CO-OPs:
Castle Crashers
Master Of Shipping and GIF posting

The Bare Neccesities

Imperial War Academy 001, The most prestigious academy for the Fire Cast member in the empire. In a attempt to improve foreign relations the emperor have ordered that the academy start accepting creatures from other sovereign states.
In this huge underground complex, located on one of the 10,000 shards that once was the moon of Tauun. new recruits from all over the galaxy will be trained in everything needed to pilot and use equipment of the Empire, as well as military tactics.
All that is needed to become a competent officer in the complex war that exists today. Be warned however, all students will be faced with a rigorous training schedules, as well as face tests, both mental and physical.
OP is God
  • Obey the OP. My word is Law, Supreme and Final.
  • Obey the CO-OP(s).
  • Respect the ban.
  • Follow PT2M Rules & NS site policy.
Don’t Be That Guy
  • Do Not Godmod. Do Not Metagame.
  • Do Not Run My NPC’s.
  • RSVP Before Inactivity. TG Me or a Co-Op before hand and save us all the hassle. Three days absence will leave your characters open to OP/Co-Op control if plot development is required, and will earn you a strike.
  • Etiquette. Be nice, be respectful, be adult, no one has a right to be rude, and don’t let your having fun stop other people from having fun.
Post Expectations
  • Write Quality.
  • Oneliners are very annoying, But I will probably not take any active actions against the occasional Oneliner
  • I do expect everyone to put some effort into their posts

Main Themes Tropes and Genres

This RP is heavy High Science Fiction influenced. For those who already have a taste for this genre, we welcome you to try our brand of it! New to the idea? Well don't feel left out. Join up with us, see how it suits you and add your own take on to our established Themes. Other players may currently have characters that are part of your favorite genre. Bear this in mind when you apply. Their established PC's, NPC's, and background canon takes priority. If you sign up and are approved but don't post, your character will be dropped from the roster.

Specific genres and sub-genres that have been included are:

• Future Tech
  • Mecha
  • Army Academy/School Life
  • Drama/Romance/Comedy/Slice of Life
  • Military Action

Code: Select all
[u][color=#00BF00][Form #21242:23A]Appeal for Tophat Empire Cadet Status [For Non-Imperials Only] [/color][/u]
[b](I highly suggest you read the OP pages completely prior to filling this out, and use them for reference when creating an app.)

(Fill it out as requested. Do not shift, add, change, or modify the Application format in any way, shape or form please.)

(Erase all words in parentheses when finishing app)[/b]

[align=center][u]Required Information[/u][/align]
[b]Name:[/b] (Pretty obvious. I suggest unique and non-repetitive names.)

[b]Sex:[/b] (Really obvious.)

[b]Race:[/b] (Pretty standard.)

[b]Age and Origin:[/b] (Your character’s age will define some things about them. Be sure to have a Birthplace and Nationality.)

[b]Picture Appearance:[/b] [align=center][img](place URL here)[/img][/align]
(Not required, but a big plus. Straight forward. Gives you and the other players a way to visualize the character. If image is too large, find a smaller sample or URL text link it. Please do not spoiler it.)

[b]Height, Weight, Body Type:[/b] (Imperial or Metric work. The choice is yours. Pictures are nice, and give a view, but added stats are the cherry on sundays, the milk with cookies, and the presents with Christmas.)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (What are you packing? Otherwise we'll just assume your characters arrived naked)

[b]Character Story:[/b] ( Think of it like a side quest away from the  main story line, and an easy way to keep yourself engaged when the OP doesn't deliver. A brief description on the path you see your character taking through the first chapter and the rest of this story. Five sentence paragraph minimum, unique and something you'd be engaged in.)

[b]Reason for being accepted into the academy:[/b] (Keep it sensible)

[b]RP Example:[/b] (preferably recent)

[align=center][u]Additional Fun Stuff: Not Required[/u][/align]

[b]Personality:[/b] (The life blood of your character. Can be divided into likes and dislikes if you want)

[b]Moral Alignment:[/b] ( How your character will most likely make a situation work, and how they will react to a situation by trying. Basic DnD alignment grid. While chosen alignment will not rule black and white over choices, it should influence them strongly.)

[b]Bio:[/b] (If personality is the lifeblood of your character, this is its heart. A treatise on Life or War & Peace isn't required. But one, two, maybe a few grammatical paragraphs might be nice.)

[b]Sex Orientation:[/b] (Because the world likes diversity, and so do RP's. Straight, Gay, Bisexual, Antisexual. What are they? This can effect who your character is, and how they react to people. Need specifics? Try Google)

[b]Theme Song:[/b] (a song is always nice. Gives ambiance and adds atmosphere to your character.)

[b]Have You Read, Understand, and Agree with the OP Posts & Rules In Detail?[/b] (Your answer should be yes, because you should have.)
TBA

The Academy; Witty follow up to come

Lexicon

Securitan or Securitas Officer - The official name for the security forces(Securitas Force) Consist of cadets of the academy, with ranking officers being permanent parts of the staff. Can be distinguished by the protection vest with belt and cap, both wearing a S symbol on, That the Securitas wear over there regular cadet uniform during regular patrol.
Securitas regular patrol gear
  • Protective vest with the Securitas symbol located on the left upper part
  • White cap with the Securitas symbol in the middle
  • Belt with holster for the "mk3 stun baton" and other pockets to hold other equipment
  • 1 mk3 Stun Baton
  • 3 Energy Cuffs
  • 1 In ear communicator

"Caps" - Slang for a Securitas Officer, not officially accepted

Hammer heads - Slang for those cadets that bring there own firearms to the academy, Used as a insult as those persons are shunned by most of the Cadets. Not officially accepted, and as such is not used where the officers or Securitas can hear

Year Rates
First Years - Fresh fish and meat for the grinder. Mandatory enrolment in the Securitas Force

Second Years(OP & CO-OP NPC's Only) - Survivors of the first year, They are often squad commanders in the Securitas force or other groups. Making sure the first years stay in line

Third Years(OP & CO-OP NPC's Only) - Grizzled Veterans. Assist in the maintaining the Academy.

Fourth Years (OP NPC's Only) - Battle Ax’s and Old Ironsides who have survived the worst the academy has. About to depart to service

Subject Chart:
A class system of sorts. It will determine what areas in combat you excel in and which ones you don't. Your personal performance in simulations as well as your Class overall success in live-fire exercises depends on your strengths and weakness, and will lower or rise your prominence in the league and school according to how you apply yourself.

(INF)
Infantry is the practice of fighting on foot in structured units with small arms.
(ARM)
Armoured combat is the operation of light, medium, and heavily armoured land vehicles in a battle-zone
(ARTY)
Artillery deals with gunnery skill and the utilization of heavy land-based weapons and ordinance.
(NV)
Navy proficiency deals with the use of Space fearing vehicles, weaponry, and equipment.
As the Academy Trains troopers for the fire caste, it utilises the same kind of rank system. The rank system is divided into 2 parts, one for the staff, and one for the Securitas Force.
The ranks are as follow

Rank for Staff

The ranks that the staff attain are the same as the rest of the fire caste, and consist of 2 parts, firstly the word "Shas", meaning "Fire Caste" in Tauun high, the second part is the actual rank of the person.

"Shas'Saal" - Someone with the rank of "Shas'Saal" is still in In training, this is the rank that all the cadets on the academy have, except for the forth years whom all have the rank of "Shas'La"

"Shas'La" - Someone with the rank of "Shas'La" have completed training but have yet to prove them-self in battle, they will not have any command duties.

"Shas'Las" - Someone with the rank of "Shas'Las" have proved them self as competent in battle, they will not have any command themelf, but will work with the squad leader, making sure his orders are understood and the such. A squad may contain several "Shas'Las".

"Shas'Ui" - A Shas'ui would be the leader of a squad, they are combat proven warriors

"Shas'Vre" - A Shas'vre is a Battlesuit team leader or bodyguard to a commander

"Shas'El" - Shas'el are Commanders of the larger military units, often 2 will work together during a mission to quickly reach the best course of action

"Shas'O" - The Shas'O rank is the most senior of all the ranks and as such is only held by the best solider the empire have access to, they will act as supreme commanders of armies(or in this case, the head master)

The other set of ranks are the Securitas rank, the name of the rank is a composite word, with the first word being "Vese", meaning Helper, the followed by one of 3 rank indicators.

Securitas ranks

"Vese'La" - Run of the mill officer, will be a part of a unit headed by a "'Vese'Ui"

"Vese'Ui" - Veteran officer, will command a unit of Vese'Las

"Vese'Vre" - Senior officer, command the Securitas forces on one or more floors, answers under a "Shas'Vre" of the regular Staff
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 21 times in total.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:15 am

Stand By! This Is A System Announcement...

This be our all important bulletin board for all news and updates .
Never leave this thread, with this post unread.

NOTHING FOR NOW
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:15 am

Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Qwanch
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:23 am

Character Name : Tycho Destiny
Race : Foxen (Anthropomorphic Fox)
Nation of origin : Qwanch
Appearance (Preferably picture): Image
Likes : Piloting starships, picking up chicks, and hitting up the shooting gallery.
Dislikes : Theory, talking, reading, sitting still.
Personality : Terse, cold, and aloof--he just wants to get the job done. He flirts with cute girls, but otherwise acts rather than speaks.
Bio : As a Foxen growing up on Planet Qwanch, Tycho dreamed of seeing the universe. He tried hard to master a skill, and found his calling with guns. When he was 10, his father died in a tragic accident involving a spacecraft. To avoid his grief, he shot at targets at greater and greater distances, honing his skill more than ever--eventually hitting the mark every time. He eventually went to the recruiting station for the IWA and was accepted after demonstrating his skill.
Reason for being accepted into the academy : A quick draw and good at duel-wielding laser pistols, his sharp eye was quickly noticed by recruiters.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/tycho
http://www.16personalities.com/istp-personality
Last edited by Qwanch on Sun May 03, 2015 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:24 am

tag :3
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Lingria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lingria » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 am

Tag
The Danish Confederacy - Waifu of the South, The United Eastern States of Europe- Waifu Islander, Mirakai -Waifu of kinks, New Babylonia - da kewtiest waifu, & Derpopoliss - mai best bud. are my Waifu's, & I love them

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
I support Ted Cruz
TRUSTED

Be careful, CC lurks in the sigs
I was running through the streets with my rows - Julius Caesar, on Londonium.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:06 am

Tag. App coming tomorrow if I survive the history class.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:48 am

Tophat, I am return to be helpful, maybe. I'm good with strategy, you know that. Plus I like the looks of this.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:54 am

Interesting, Tag.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Character Name : Connor Michaels
Race: Mutate (Homo Tiberius)
Nation of origin : Dernland Star Empire
Appearance: Stands at 2.3 meters tall (average for someone of his species), pale green skin, otherwise human features

Dislikes : Sharp objects (as he can die from even minor lacerations if left untreated), people, tiberium.
Personality : He is a loner, and for good reason. He is a soldier and will follow any order. Does not speak.
Bio : Connor was born on the colony of Karrion. Not long after his birth, his entire family was killed in an Arachnid raid that decimated his town. He has not spoken a single word since then. Doctors are unsure whether this is because he does not wish to speak, or he has some kind of mental block. Whatever the cause, this silence has not prevented him from excelling in his studies. He enlisted into the Dernland Planetary Defense force at the age of 10 and quickly gained the admiration of both his trainers and fellow recruits. Because of this, he was selected to be part of a soldier exchange program with the Tophat Empire.
Reason for being accepted into the academy : Excellent track record, personal recommendation from the Dernland Imperial Sky Marshal himself.
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Dernland wrote:Character Name : Connor Michaels
Race: Mutate (Homo Tiberius)
Nation of origin : Dernland Star Empire
Appearance: Stands at 2.3 meters tall (average for someone of his species), pale green skin, otherwise human features

Dislikes : Sharp objects (as he can die from even minor lacerations if left untreated), people, tiberium.
Personality : He is a loner, and for good reason. He is a soldier and will follow any order. Does not speak.
Bio : Connor was born on the colony of Karrion. Not long after his birth, his entire family was killed in an Arachnid raid that decimated his town. He has not spoken a single word since then. Doctors are unsure whether this is because he does not wish to speak, or he has some kind of mental block. Whatever the cause, this silence has not prevented him from excelling in his studies. He enlisted into the Dernland Planetary Defense force at the age of 10 and quickly gained the admiration of both his trainers and fellow recruits. Because of this, he was selected to be part of a soldier exchange program with the Tophat Empire.
Reason for being accepted into the academy : Excellent track record, personal recommendation from the Dernland Imperial Sky Marshal himself.

ACCEPTED

UnStellar
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby UnStellar » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:03 pm

This plot is very similar to one of my science fantasy plots for my novel I'm working on. Definitely interested! This better not die though. I'm srs. For y'all signing up, only sign up if you're going to be active. Or get booted.
"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst . . ."

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

UnStellar wrote:This plot is very similar to one of my science fantasy plots for my novel I'm working on. Definitely interested! This better not die though. I'm srs. For y'all signing up, only sign up if you're going to be active. Or get booted.

ohy, who made you a co-op(or whatever title i make up for it?) JK, sort of.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Qwanch wrote:Character Name : Tycho Destiny
Race : Foxen (Anthropomorphic Fox)
Nation of origin : Qwanch
Appearance (Preferably picture): (Image)
Likes : Piloting starships, picking up chicks, and hitting up the shooting gallery.
Dislikes : Theory, talking, reading, sitting still.
Personality : Terse, cold, and aloof--he just wants to get the job done. He flirts with cute girls, but otherwise acts rather than speaks.
Bio : As a Foxen growing up on Planet Qwanch, Tycho dreamed of seeing the universe. He tried hard to master a skill, and found his calling with guns. When he was 10, his father died in a tragic accident involving a spacecraft. To avoid his grief, he shot at targets at greater and greater distances, honing his skill more than ever--eventually hitting the mark every time. He eventually went to the recruiting station for the IWA and was accepted after demonstrating his skill.
Reason for being accepted into the academy : A quick draw and good at duel-wielding laser pistols, his sharp eye was quickly noticed by recruiters.

I like it, i hereby dub thee "ACCEPTED"
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transyl
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transyl » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Taggidy Tag. One question, is there a limit on the species? Or can it be ANY species as long as they're able to wield weapons and such?
I'm Kitty!
About me
NS stats have no power here. We only use Factbooks!
Main Factbook.

Proud Fascist!
Proud member of the Anti-Democracy League!
Yandere!
Ancient Humans is the love of my life! Touch him and you'll face my wrath!
Creepwood Apple-Loosa and Xanama are my Kawaii Friends! :3

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:17 pm

Transyl wrote:Taggidy Tag. One question, is there a limit on the species? Or can it be ANY species as long as they're able to wield weapons and such?

i do not have a particular limit in mind, but will not accept "The reincarnation of death" or a species that can kill with just a touch. Or similar things

Transyl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transyl » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:19 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Transyl wrote:Taggidy Tag. One question, is there a limit on the species? Or can it be ANY species as long as they're able to wield weapons and such?

i do not have a particular limit in mind, but will not accept "The reincarnation of death" or a species that can kill with just a touch. Or similar things

Hm..Would a Succubus work? Gonna tone down some of the crap they have in their depiction and behavior though.
I'm Kitty!
About me
Main Factbook.

Proud Fascist!
Yandere!

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Transyl wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:i do not have a particular limit in mind, but will not accept "The reincarnation of death" or a species that can kill with just a touch. Or similar things

Hm..Would a Succubus work? Gonna tone down some of the crap they have in their depiction and behavior though.

eeeeh, what are the powers of a Succubus?

Transyl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transyl » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Transyl wrote:Hm..Would a Succubus work? Gonna tone down some of the crap they have in their depiction and behavior though.

eeeeh, what are the powers of a Succubus?

Mainly magic, and the ability to go into a persons dreams and nightmares, along with flight because they have wings. Other than that, pretty average really. I'll tone down the magic to where it's merely sorcery, without her mystical staff she'd be powerless, that's gonna be her weakness.
I'm Kitty!
About me
Main Factbook.

Proud Fascist!
Yandere!

Blackwing Coast
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Blackwing Coast » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Very interesting. Are there any limits as to what the students can be? (I am thinking about a mystical creature)

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Transyl wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:eeeeh, what are the powers of a Succubus?

Mainly magic, and the ability to go into a persons dreams and nightmares, along with flight because they have wings. Other than that, pretty average really. I'll tone down the magic to where it's merely sorcery, without her mystical staff she'd be powerless, that's gonna be her weakness.

you will be the magical exception, i will allow it, however i am probably going to pull something along the lines of "the walls are proofed against dram weaving magic" or similar. this is after all a top class military facility in a highly militaristic nation

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Blackwing Coast wrote:Very interesting. Are there any limits as to what the students can be? (I am thinking about a mystical creature)

depends, elaborate

Transyl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Transyl » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:28 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Transyl wrote:Mainly magic, and the ability to go into a persons dreams and nightmares, along with flight because they have wings. Other than that, pretty average really. I'll tone down the magic to where it's merely sorcery, without her mystical staff she'd be powerless, that's gonna be her weakness.

you will be the magical exception, i will allow it, however i am probably going to pull something along the lines of "the walls are proofed against dram weaving magic" or similar. this is after all a top class military facility in a highly militaristic nation

Alright then, thanks. I'll get to work on my app, even though I'm already working on it as we speak hah.
I'm Kitty!
About me
Main Factbook.

Proud Fascist!
Yandere!

The Intergalactic Russian Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Russian Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Tag.
Call me Russia, Rus, or IRE
Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:'the Blacks in the region began to proliferate"
What? What does that even mean? Like, they took over and castrated all the non-blacks?

it means the baby daddies and their sugar mommas got busy and out produced the whites asians and everyone else

Apto wrote:
Aeternabilis wrote:Time for the Second Battle for Kongou's Body! Now with 3x the combatants!

That sounds so lewd when taken out of context. :rofl:
clay_the_awsome: Horny teens are what made this species great to begin with
What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms ... or the memory of a brother's smile? - Aemon Targaryen
Flag credit to The Palmetto

Qwanch
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:I like it, i hereby dub thee "ACCEPTED"

I can hardly wait!
Last edited by Qwanch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse