NATION

PASSWORD

Free Region Map!

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Tohtett
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Free Region Map!

Postby Tohtett » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Hey NationStates!
This is my first forum thread, but I really am excited to post here. I want to help all regions of any size or type. I'll make your regional map for no cost! Just sent me a telegram.
Here are my rules:
1. I can stop at any time.
2. The map will update when I can, but not guaranteed (every 2 days probably).
3. You need to give me credit in the regional factbook entry and tell people to telegram me for map claims.
4. You can't remove me from the region.
5. You can't claim credit for making the map.
6. The map is a map of the real world. no exceptions.
If you violate any of these rules, I will stop making the map for your region. Period.
All maps will be uploaded to Imgur, and I will send the link to your regional founder.

Boineburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Boineburg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Surely, if it's a map of the real world you can just find something off the internet and use the pain bucket tool?

Edit: Google Images: "world map coloring page". Took me about 10 seconds to search it up.
Last edited by Boineburg on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B O I N E B U R G
★-               -★
★—               —★
★-               -★
ABSIT INIURIA

Myself | I don't give a damn. | SAVE
Class G17 nation according to the Civilization Index.
 N  PRO 
   C   HB2  

Tohtett
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tohtett » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:15 pm

Boineburg wrote:Surely, if it's a map of the real world you can just find something off the internet and use the pain bucket tool?

Edit: Google Images: "world map coloring page". Took me about 10 seconds to search it up.

It is actually a little harder than that. Look at my region's map, you have to fill in each state they want then do the borders which takes up a lot of time.

Boineburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Boineburg » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Tohtett wrote:
Boineburg wrote:Surely, if it's a map of the real world you can just find something off the internet and use the pain bucket tool?

It is actually a little harder than that. Look at my region's map, you have to fill in each state they want then do the borders which takes up a lot of time.

Maybe, but only if you're drawing fresh borders. From what I see, you just paintbucket'd the states/provinces they wanted.
B O I N E B U R G
★-               -★
★—               —★
★-               -★
ABSIT INIURIA

Myself | I don't give a damn. | SAVE
Class G17 nation according to the Civilization Index.
 N  PRO 
   C   HB2  

Tohtett
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Free Region Map!

Postby Tohtett » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:23 pm

Boineburg wrote:
Tohtett wrote:

Maybe, but only if you're drawing fresh borders. From what I see, you just paintbucket'd the states/provinces they wanted.

If a nation claimed multiple countries, I have to change the border from black to grey, and if they claim only certain country's states then I have to change the color of the borders. Each pixel isn't touching so I have to do them one by one.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:30 pm

So, you trace THEN paintbucket? Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, it's just that's what it looks like. Unless you're just good at drawing fictional borders...
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Tohtett
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Free Region Map!

Postby Tohtett » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Valrifell wrote:So, you trace THEN paintbucket? Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, it's just that's what it looks like. Unless you're just good at drawing fictional borders...

Some of the borders are fictional (Truuistan) and the rest are real. And yes, that is what I do.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information