NATION

PASSWORD

[Idea] "Purge" SC function

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

[Idea] "Purge" SC function

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:24 pm

I've noticed that the SC doesn't really have the power to do anything other than remove passwords.
Basically, what this category would do is remove all endorsements from the target (maybe ban them from the region too?). This would aid in getting rid of troublesome (ban-happy) delegates, and could see use in situations like the Lazarene coup/Project Purge (Durkadurkiranistan II's work). The only drawback is that I can see newbies attempting to use it and misuse it.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Shogun
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogun » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:16 am

Against that idea. After that it would be even harder compete with Gameplay establishments. Game would be even more slow moving and static (self repeating), which are not good things at all (on regional level that is responsibility of individual gameplayers, if they demand stagnation and stability for themselves). In practice that would mean impossibility make any kind successful coups, invasions etc. making so called "tag raiding" only possible option for raiders, and effectively transforming defenders' role to campaign politruks for such kind WA-SC purges, for weaponization of the purge resolutions. End result would be clear in every single cases of real or alleged malicious invasions. That would also mean that those whom have money to put for extensive telegram campaigns would get even more power, increasing players inequality.

Keeping founder nations alive provide that kind purge option already. No need mess WA-SC to it anymore.
Last edited by Shogun on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
The publication Cyborg of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:22 am

At the top of this very forum is this.

If you want to suggest any tinkering to the R/D game, why not help yourself, click it and see what have people discussed previously?

Do also note that adding a new function anywhere in NS isn't easy. At all.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Tim Stark
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tim Stark » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Although it would end any unpopular GCR coups once and for all, it also breaks R/D.

I'll pass.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Steward of The Frontier | Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:54 am

I can't support breaking R/D.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Return to Technical