NATION

PASSWORD

A Legitmate Question? (MT IC Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Neejair
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

A Legitmate Question? (MT IC Open)

Postby Neejair » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Amadi smiled as he felt his lover's touch. Their bodies glistened with sweat, sticking to the cotton sheets. Both caught up in the passion of the moment, so much that they didn't notice the footsteps in the hall. It was Eshe who reacted to the words, although at first she did not discern their meaning.

"Break it down" said in a low voice, not quite a whisper and muffled by the door. Amadi had just noticed Eshe had paused. "What is wrong?" Before she could answer, all was made apparent as the door flew open with a bang. Immediately, several men rushed in shouting. A man in a dark suit ran in first, flanked by two men in shukas and carrying spears, following them were armed guards in uniforms.

Amadi leaped out of the bed, and rushed towards the window, pulling with him the sheets. The man in the suit shouted a command to stop, the same time drawing his weapon. Amadi ran as his life depended on it, and dove through the window, as both a spear hit his leg, and a gun shot rang out. He disappeared through the window.

The man with the suit, walked up to the window, and peered out. There he saw the body of Amadi lying on the ground, surrounded by guards. "He was a fool to think he could escape that way, or at least thought me a fool anyway" the man said. "It is better this way though." He looked at the guard who threw the spear. Who responded only with a shrug and a look that said what else was I to do. "We will omit the part about the spear for the official report. As for Her Imperial Majesty, things are going to be a bit more difficult. Wrap her up and take her, wait no, call up the female guards, Una and Olu, they have discretion and are loyal."

"Yes Colonel" one of the uniformed guards said before relaying the order into his radio. The two women arrived, and the men exited the room leaving Empress Eshe in the room with the women. The Colonel addressed those with him. "Do not think you will be thanked for your service to your Emperor and your nation today. To bring such news is never welcome, but is always necessary. Know that you have done the right thing, and that is your reward, there is nothing more noble." His speech concluded he gave some parting instructions, and left. The rest of the guards remained outside the door.

"Colonel, I thought you would stay? why are you leaving already?" a young man, coming up behind the Colonel. "There is not for me too do. The guards are plenty, and two of the Imperial Life Guard are enough for ceremony's sake. Besides, there are urgent actions to be taken, in arresting the Empress, we have made certain enemies, ones more powerful than ourselves, but yet are in our grasp."

"Who are our enemies?" the young man asked.

"You have much to learn Adam, what we have done here will sadden His Imperial Majesty, but he will accept it. All the Empress's friends will fall over themselves to abandon her. However, there are those who are Eshe's most natural allies, and will not abandon her; Her children. For not only have we disgraced their mother, we challenge their position. For the mother is always certain, the father is not" the Colonel left his protegé to ponder the lesson, while he went to implement the rest of his plan.

It took only a few hours for the news to reach the public. All the stations were reporting on it. By then Colonel Hague had already put all of the Imperial Princes in protective custody, and was heading to make his report to the Imperial Council. Not that they all didn't know the details already, that the Empress was charged with treason, and Colonel Hague had requested a paternity test on all her children.

Neejair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neejair » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:22 am

The Emperor sat alone in his room. His eyes showed a hint of red, and his characteristic smile was gone. He stared blankly at whatever was in front of him. He was still trying to cover the shock of what was happening. The infidelity of his wife, the betrayal of which had hit him first, and now the shame was sinking in, as he listened to the news, realizing the whole world listened too.

Of course, there had been rumours, but the Emperor had dismissed them all as malicious gossip, brought on by jealousy. In doing so he had been a generous and trusting husband, and now it just made him look like a fool. Now they were questioning, whither his children were really his. The old monarch was crushed. He had never thought an Emperor could be brought so low.

"Your Imperial Majesty, your councillors humbly request your presence." The Emperor's chief attendant had entered to deliver the message. "Thank you John, tell them I shall meet them in the council room, have Isaac accompany me there" the ruler answered, before standing up and preparing himself, mostly by attending to his appearance. With his mother's death last year, and now the arrest of his family, he was all alone, with no friends, only servants.

Isaac met the Emperor at the door and the two walked together. "My lord, we this is playing very badly, the people, they are dismayed, appalled, shocked. Their view of the Imperial family changed forever. There is risk that this will not only remove the legitimacy of the Princes, but of yourself as well. They loved your family for their moral superiority, and now they judge you harshly, for one women's failing." The Emperor did not respond, he simply suppressed his emotion and gave a grunt. "I can only advise that your Imperial Majesty doesn't interfere with the proceedings. As they say, the can of worms is opened. I will begin the PR campaign in your favour, but it will take time to restore things.

As they walked into the council room, all was silent as the council stood up in their chairs, and awaited their master's commands.

Neejair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neejair » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:27 pm

After the formalities, the Emperor took his seat, and then motioned for the others to do likewise. Addressing the Speaker, he asked, "What is the business for the day." The room was full of tension as the Speaker rose to talk, it was a task no one would envy him. The Speaker pulled out his glasses, followed by the sheets of paper containing his statement. "If it pleases Your Imperial Majesty" began the Speaker, who received a nod of consent. "At 7:33 this morning, Col. Henry Hague, of HIM Security Service, along with a detachment of guards from both the Life Guards and the Security Service, entered a room in the east wing of the palace. On entering, he found two persons, male and female in a compromising position. The man fled, ignoring orders to stop, was fired upon and although wounded, made it to the window.

However, he did not escape, but died upon landing. An autopsy has confirmed, that the cause of death was the fall. Although, the window was not very high, he failed to land on his feet and broke his neck. The man has been identified as Amadi Finn, employed by the Empress in capacity as an advisor. His companion was the Empress herself" the Speaker paused to gauge the reaction. "After two female member of HIM Security Service aided Her Majesty to dress, she was taken into custody. The process of charging her with treason is already under way, and it is this body's opinion that no other course can be taken, and that the highest penalty must be sought, and we are confident it will be carried out.

The follow out from this mornings events, does not end there. Col. Hague, previously mentioned as sought permission to take the Imperial children into protective custody, and it was granted unto him." As the Speaker spoke, the Emperor became visibly upset, even as he tried to suppress his emotion. The Speaker stumbled a bit, but press on. "The situation of Princes and Princesses is problematic. The stain of their mother's infamy will threaten their perceived legitimacy. At this time there is no clear course to take. Col. Hague has proposed a course of action, where dna tests are used to determine paternity, and any found illegitimate would be disowned." The Speaker paused again. Everyone could tell that the Emperor was not happy with the proposal. The Speaker timidly offered the other option "the other proposal before our government would to begin the rehabilitation of the Imperial family, without any further investigation."

The Emperor took the opportunity to speak. "My sons and daughters will be set at liberty and no test will be forced upon a Prince of Neejair without his consent. Come back to me, when you have a better plan to deal with this crisis." With that command, the Emperor dismissed his council.

Dhiagar
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dhiagar » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 am

The blue curtain waved in front of James Dhiag. The curtain which separated the interior of his palace from the exterior. Outside of Gloirdhiag Palace was the King David Square, where his flock would gather to engage in a ritual which confirmed his authority.

It was interesting, really. Most of the outside world thought him to be insane, when he spoke of his visions of God, his power. James didn't truly believe these things, however. Hell, even when he was a priest he didn't truly believe what he was saying. No, he wasn't trying to establish a religion. But the religion that formed around him would do nicely. With it, the people were clay to be molded by his will, believing divine justification for his action.

He stepped out before the curtain. "Dhiagar!" he shouted. The people erupted in applause and cheering. It was best to maintain an atmosphere of controlled chaos at these things. Let the people scream and shout and cheer, but watch what they scream and what they shout. "Dhiagar I stand before you seeking only to bring glory to God, and Christ! The Holy Spirit which manifests itself through me shall manifest itself through our nation!" he shouted. The people cheered. "And it shall! But...my heart is weighed down upon." he said. He began to speak a bit more slowly.

"My heart is weighed down upon for those that wish to return us to the truly oppressive system," he paused. "democracy." The people began to boo, expressing disgust merely at the concept of democracy. His cult was working. "For if I am divine, how can I not be trusted to rule only for as long as I must, and to leave this world immediately after my rule loses its necessity? I have complete control and foreknowledge over the hour of my death, with this, I can assure my life is spent granting full glory to this nation!" The people cheered. "Democracy is a sin! It places man above God when I shall only allow the will of God to control me!"

His sermon continued, with several prayers of allegiance to the Empire and Emperor Dhiag. Finally, he stepped behind the curtain where he was immediately greeted by his Foreign Minister (or, to go with the aesthetic he had created to fuel his empire, Chief Evangelist of the Empire,) Ed Grachi. Grachi was a short, thin, and overly enthusiastic man with a receding line of orange hair. He was one of The Emperor's most gifted servants, certainly the most valued member of his cabinet. Yet he would not be his choice to succeed him as Emperor. A man like that could never maintain the heir of mystery surrounding the state.

"Your Holiness, great sermon this morning." said Ed.

"Spare the formalities, what's on the agenda?" asked the Emperor.

"Well, there's a situation in Neejair. I think we should affirm our support of the Emperor so as to maintain a devotion to stability." he said. He handed James a brown file.

"Thank you. Go with the Glory of God." said the Emperor.

"And the Glory of God unto you as well." said Grachi, who slunk out of the palace.

The Emperor read over the file. It was juicy indeed. Infidelity leading into the doubts of legitimacy? It was the type of drama he was glad to keep outside of his image. But Ed was right, giving his support to the Emperor was the best choice in this scenario. In addition, he realized that the Emperor could learn a thing or two about Public Relations.

He grabbed his pen and a piece of paper.

Your Imperial Majesty,

I have recently heard of some unfortunate information regarding your marriage. I just wish to state that my heart weeps for you, and that I wish to be of service in any way I can. Both I and my Empire do affirm our support of your authority within your nation.

If there is any way I can be of service, please don't hesitate to contact me.

His Holiness, The Reverend James Dhiag, Emperor of the Holy Empire of Dhiagar, Heir to the Davidic Throne and the Heavenly Throne of Heaven, Manifestation of the Holy Spirit.

A short note, but it would do. He had it sent out and went on his way.

Neejair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neejair » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Col. Hague was dismayed at the order to release the Princes, however, he promptly complied, and relayed the order to his men. "This is a naive move, Adam, remember not to let idealism cloud your judgement, or act based on what you wish to happen." Adam listened silently to his superior, nodding. "However, it is not time to panic, it rarely is, but you have heard me say that often enough. We must work with what we have, and we will take advantage of the opportunity afforded us" the Colonel continued.

"How is that sir?" asked Adam. "I have obtained dna samples, which will give us intelligence when we test them. Intelligence is the most important asset in security. Once we know who is legitimate or not, we know whether or not to press the matter, in the mean time, we must avoid the Imperial family, the Emperor will respect that, and I do not expect him to summon me, as I am certainly out of favour."

"Do you fear he will dismiss you, or even worse?"

"The Emperor is not such a man, that he would take action against one for doing his job, no matter how odious it is to him. Do not worry, we have nought to fear from him. It is Idir and John that I fear."

Meanwhile the Princes were gaining back their freedom, and taking advantage of it. They had all been kept separately, and could only guess that their siblings had likewise been both put in custody and then released. Crown Prince Idir, the eldest son, immediately went to the Palace, calling his personal secretary on the way. Prince John-Kibwe however had obtained information about his mother's imprisonment before he was released and went straight to attempt to see her.

At approximately the same time, the young men were demanding to see their parents. The eldest had more luck, and was taken immediately to his father. However, that initial success was not indicative of the rest of the day, as Idir appealed in vain for the Emperor to free his mother and arrest those that had arrested her. It was emotional, and neither men had dry eyes, when exhausted they departed. The Emperor dismayed and despondent and the Crown Prince furious.

John-Kibwe was refused permission to see his mother, and seeing that the order was approved by the council, did not bother to appeal to the Emperor, instead he departed town, heading towards the home of his in-laws.

The Emperor having steadfastly refused the appeals of his heir apparent, attempted to find work to keep himself busy. It was then when he read the letter from Dhiag. A kind sentiment he thought even if from an eccentric. My people and my sons may turn from me, but this stranger offers his support. But my sons, are they my sons? That night he struggled with the idea, denying to himself the plausibility of the rumors, and fighting the realisation, that he, himself must know, and it would destroy his family.

Dhiagar
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dhiagar » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:19 pm

The day dragged on for The Emperor. First, it was a visit to the Chariot Motor Company. The automobile industry had experienced incredible growth in Dhiagar, and he was there for the typical photo op. He would go into the back room for a few minutes and emerge with a blueprint, take a picture with the CEO of the company, and have the propaganda made.

He walked in and was immediately greeted by a pause of the assembly line. The entire factory burst out in applause, and the Emperor stood upright. His appeal hinged on the false image of his populism, an image which would be shattered if anybody were to look at what happened due to the abolition of the minimum wage he recently allowed. He realized that speaking would best maintain it.

"Blessed is he who works!" he shouted. The factory's applause grew. "Blessed is this nation. You work each and every day to bring the most advanced vehicles in the planet to our nation," there's a lie, he thought ", and I work every day to be a vehicle. To drive our nation to greatness and glory!" the people applauded. He walked inside with the CEO.

Jim Rhish, the CEO of Chariot Motor Company, was a large man. 6'5 and 215 pounds, he towered over most people. He was intimidating, that's how he got to be a CEO...but for The Emperor, who built himself up from a farmer's son to a priest to an Emperor with the most fervently devoted subjects, he was nothing. They sat down. They talked. What they said didn't matter...with all the unimportant nonsense that The Emperor heard each and every day, it was nothing.

The Emperor thought of Neejair. How could an Emperor allow himself to exist past the curtain, to be seen and to be doubted? If this were to happen to him, he'd have the lover put to death immediately, the wife silenced, and anybody who may have been aware of the indiscretions sentenced to intense evaluation and possibly deported. Nobody would hear a thing. Fortunately for him, this was not necessary; the stream of devoted followers surrounding him gave him all the sexual gratification he needed, while allowing him to maintain an image of virility for those who believed in his promiscuity and an image of priestly chastity for those who refused to do so. In addition, he realized it was ideal not to have biological succession...when one of his descendants would inevitably fail to exist within the curtain, his eternal mystique would be destroyed, his nation plunged into chaos. It was better to handle this through his church, and through his party.

He heard the flash of a camera. Had his mind been on autopilot for so long that the photograph had been taken, the masses manipulated without his active participation? It appeared so. He smiled and waved, the people cheered. "Glory of God unto you, Glory of Christ unto The Empire!" he shouted. The applause was deafening. He walked away and thought of the propaganda, perhaps a piece on his invention of the presented vehicle in the short time period spent with the CEO.

Neejair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neejair » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:03 am

As a Crown Prince one makes friends easily, especially among the ambitious and discontent. Now he rallied his friends around him, first reaching out to members of the Council and other high officials, excluding of course Col. Hague. Most of the high officials declined with carefully measured statements, suggesting a desire to help, but not committing to anything. However, there were still plenty wishing for high position who were willing to take great risks on the Crown Prince behalf.

Idir's meetings were suppose to be secret, but the news of him gathering his allies and his intentions to free his mother, reached the Colonel. Hague smiled at the lack of desecration displayed by the Crown Prince. If only, he thought all my opponents were thus, I would barely need to try The security chief quickly began to plan a counter move, and to anticipate any rash action by the heir apparent.

The younger brother had sought help outside the capital, and achieved secrecy without much effort in his father-in-law's house. His car pulled up in a could of dust outside Rah Fatsani's house, and John-Kibwe had not taken a step out when he was embraced by his host and father-in-law. Fatsani then lead him into the house, loudly announcing his arrival to all the occupants.

The house was practically a palace, but Fatsani's booming voice soon alerted all its occupants. Without further direction, Fatsani's wife had ordered the servants in preparation of food and drink. When the two men sat down on the terrace, they did not wait long to be served. The Prince opened his heart to the old man, and told him all that had happened, as well as his fears and sorrows. Fatsani listened, all the while stroking his chin and considering their options.

Col. Hague looked at the test results, and then returned them to their envelope. This was the most valuable information in the nation at the moment. The Colonel thought over his plan to exploit it, and then sure of it, turned to Adam. "Information, and misinformation, are the most important weapons we have. You see, I have not hid that I have dealt with the lab, and my reputation aides me in my cause. For many must guess that I have this information already. The Emperor himself has sent his servant to request it of me, in secret.

As I serve him, I must tell him the truth, but let me first scatter my enemies. How do you think the Crown Prince's friends will react when they hear he is illegitimate, and I can prove it?"

"So he is" Adam said astounded. "Young man, when will you learn, it matter not at this moment what is true, but rather the rumour that the Crown Prince's supporters hear." Col. Hague smiled, knowing that he had his opponents right where he wanted them, and confident that they would destroy themselves. However, his confidence was misplaced, as news was coming that would serve to show him, that he could neither control nor anticipate everything.

"Her Imperial Majesty the Empress is Dead! She has died in prison!"

Neejair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neejair » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:50 am

The news sent a shock wave across the country. Rumours of murder or suicide spread like wildfire, fear overtook many members of the Security Service, knowing they would be held responsible. The Empress had died in their custody after all. Their leader, Col. Hague was shocked himself, none of his subordinates had seen him so surprised and soon afterwards he disappeared.

The Crown Prince heard of the news before his brother, being in the capital. Idir had wasted no time in demanding the head of the Colonel as well as a full investigation into his mother's death, or murder. The heir apparent sure that it was the later. While the Crown Prince had many supporters, there were many who felt the Empress's death very conveniently closed a can of worms, and that any further investigation risked more unwelcome discoveries.

Prince John-Kibwe however, took another course of action. As the news arrived at his father-in-law's house, they were already putting together a plan of attack. Now, instead of rescue, their goal became revenge. Fatsani, being a regional governor and a tribal leader, was capable of rallying several hundred armed men. He figured however, he only needed a fraction of that. With in hours of hearing the news, Fatsani sent his son-in-law with an escort of two hundred men to the capital.

They did not reach the Palace unnoticed, but they entered unhindered. The Security Service laying low, and without their leader had abandoned the Palace, and all that remained were the ceremonial Life Guard and a few uniformed regulars. Prince John-Kibwe informed the members of the Imperial Council, that he was now responsible for their security as well as that of the Emperor. His Imperial Majesty remained locked in his chambers, paying attention only to his own thoughts.

Neejair
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neejair » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Idir stormed out of the room, full of rage towards his brother. The Crown Prince had spent hours arguing with John-Kibwe, accusing him of staging a coup, only to be in turn accused of illegitimacy. Denied permission to see his father, Idir did not know where he was going. The walk down the long halls to the exit allowed him some time to cool and think.

When Idir thought, he began to doubt. Some of his allies had already abandoned him, had there been rumours like his wife said? Either way, John-Kibwe and his ambitious father-in-law had an army and effective control of the government. The realization of his danger dawned on him too late, for as he reached the exit, he was stopped.

"Excuse me sir, you must come with me" the guard said. A simple "sir" was a demotion for a Crown Prince, and Idir could not remember ever being told what he must do. Nevertheless, the Crown Prince followed the guard. He was taken to a room, a luxurious bedroom used for important guests, and left inside. At least it is a gilded cage he thought, sitting on the bed defeated.

However, the Crown Prince still had friends left, and on hearing the rumours of Prince John-Kibwe's de facto regency combined with the announcement that the Crown Prince would undergo a paternity test, they feared the worse and were active in his service. Several members of the House of Deputies made speeches protesting the any altercations to the order of succession. Oluchi Jirika, the Speaker of the House then shut down the House, declaring it would only be opened again by the Emperor himself.

Gen. Johnson, attempted to mobilize a regiment into the capital, only to find out, that John-Kibwe also had allies in the army. Facing several protests from his colleagues, the General stood down, his troops remaining outside the capital.

Meanwhile, from an undisclosed location, Col. Hague communicated with his protogé. "No, The Emperor seems unaware and uninterested in the politics" Hague said. "He simply wants to know if his children are his. It is sad, to see a man, and an Emperor at that, so broken hearted. However, we must do our duty. I have told Isaac that, I can not tell him the results, unless it is in person and in official capacity."

"Why is that?" Adam asked. "The Emperor wants to know, and still have the opportunity to not know. That is impossible. Yes, he can ask me, and declare it a state secret. He will still have to deal with it, and with this coup. I fear he can not, so we must do it for him" the Colonel explained. "I have given the Emperor the chance to act, but if he doesn't, then I must carry out my plan. You know what to do."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents