NATION

PASSWORD

Sylvan Academy: A New Dawn [IC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Sylvan Academy: A New Dawn [IC/Open]

Postby Akkaga » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Introduction:
The sun rose over the nearby hills. With the dawn came a gentle breeze blew warm air across the lake, making fallen leaves dance on the waters surface. This wave of air breathed life into the old school, bringing with it the smell of days of old. The school may be old, but not the students themselves. Just like every year, a new wave of students have joined. Countless numbers of faces have come and gone. Many have made it through and become better people, but still many have not. Along the way friendships have grown, rivalries have been created, but everyone has felt the lose of another. This year promised a brand new beginning, a new dawn to the school, and her students. A new exciting adventure for everyone to partake in. However.. All dawns have a dusk. And with dusk, so must come an end.

Anden Fen
Light broke through the open window of Anden's dorm room. Slowly tracing the floor, over discarded clothing, a bass, and up the covers of a bed. The light woke Anden up, practically blinding him. He sat up slowly and felt the last heat of summer filter in through the windows. Rubbing his eyes, he put on a loose pairs of pajama pants, and a large hoodie. He walked by a window as he quietly went out, attempting not to wake his roommate Aster. He passed a mirror by the door and almost laughed at himself. His hair was all spiky and in knots, he looked half dead, and his pajamas were of space ships. He kept going down the hall towards one of the Blextro dorm's mess halls. After grabbing some food and sitting down he checked the time.

"An hour and a half till first room.." He mumbled. His vision blurred and he rubbed his eyes again. Slowly eating, he looked around the almost empty room. Only a few other Blextro students were up at this hour. Most of them were just as exhausted as he was. Some looked like they hadn't even slept. Anden ate slowly (almost falling asleep in his cereal a few times). Little by little more students began to enter, as time ticked slowly by till the start of the first day of the new school year.
You should join Ordis

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Epitaph's eyes opened quickly, as they always did, and she took note of the color of the ceiling above her. It was, as was expected, exactly the same color that it was when she fell asleep. Although she would usually take note as to how strange it was that she ends and starts every day by taking note of the color of whatever was above her, today she had other things on her mind.

She was still rather tired, but her eyes were not. They slowly (for her - by any normal definition it would be incredibly fast) traced the corners of the ceiling until they fell upon the closed window on the other side of the room. She still wasn't entirely sure she could believe what had happened over the past week - but she was seeing it with her own eyes, and, if nothing else, she could trust them.

Today was Epitaph's first formal day at the school, and thus she had a lot to accomplish. For starters, she was in such a rush yesterday to get some shut-eye that she utterly failed to make acquaintance with her bunkmate. Her day should go relatively smoothly - she'd already memorized a map of the grounds and her syllabus, but diagrams and lists can only get you so far...right?
It was about then that Epitaph became aware of just how hungry she was. She hadn't eaten at all the night before, things were just too hectic. The closest mess hall wasn't a long walk, but she wasn't particularly in a rush to wonder into a room filled with people she hadn't met to eat food she's never seen at a school she just arrived at, wearing...what was she wearing again?
That should probably take priority.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:18 pm

"what he do this time!" The headmaster asks. The secretary replies, "burnt some kid's spoon right out of his hand. and then vaporized the same kid's seat."

"yep that sounds like him."

"I'm bringing him in."

"in chains no doubt," he adds

Aster Walks in looking quite pleased with himself. The headmaster stares at him for a couple of seconds, sighs and then says, "Look aster. We would really like it if you would behave for once. Just be glad that after pleasing we could get you into blexter. Your record could be a book in and of itself. Your parents are already very worried. I'll give you a warning since it's the start of school but please behave for the rest of the year." Aster then walks out of the office. He giggles a little and then takes the headphones out of his ears. "this gun' be a good year," he declares...
Last edited by Saleon on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Sam woke up hearing his alarm go off, as he blinding tried to find the button that turned the annoying alarm off. Once that was done he shift under several covers before finding daylight and the room he slept in. Slowly rubbing his eyes as he yawn grabbing his shirt and slipping on some pants as he walk over to his mirror tiding up his blonde hair before walking out of the room and into the Blextro's dorm mess hall. Grabbing his breakfast as he walked over to his brother almost on instinct sitting in front of him as he started to eat. "I told you not to be up all night again Anden." Taking a bite of his cereal as he watched his brother almost go head first into his bowl.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Tarnen wrote:Sam woke up hearing his alarm go off, as he blinding tried to find the button that turned the annoying alarm off. Once that was done he shift under several covers before finding daylight and the room he slept in. Slowly rubbing his eyes as he yawn grabbing his shirt and slipping on some pants as he walk over to his mirror tiding up his blonde hair before walking out of the room and into the Blextro's dorm mess hall. Grabbing his breakfast as he walked over to his brother almost on instinct sitting in front of him as he started to eat. "I told you not to be up all night again Anden." Taking a bite of his cereal as he watched his brother almost go head first into his bowl.

"Merg.." An inhuman noise came from Anden's mouth as he curled into a little ball in his seat. After a few seconds he said in his brothers voice, "I'm Sam Fen, and I know everything. My brother doesn't know anything." Anden smiled slightly at mocking his brother. Awhile ago he had done this to annoy his brother, but now he just did it as kind of playing along. He was too tired to fight with Sam this early. So mocking him was the next best option. "Maybe I should have gone to bed earlier, but I still got like eight or so hours. Or maybe 3.. Math sucks." He closed his eyes and swayed from side to side.
You should join Ordis

The Moon States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Axton woke right before his alarm and switched it off. Quickly changing into his usual attire he walked out of his dorm room, the same damn one for seven past years, some roommates have come and gone but Axton liked his corner room enough to keep getting it every year. Wondering what new roommate he would get didn't concern him that much, on the top of his priorities were, in this order mind you, Food, preferably meat, go to the the park and look at all the new and returning girls to glance at them and rate them in his head, and finally get smashed before finally making his way back to the dorms. Being able to go out of campus did have its perks, Axton thought to himself as he headed down into the already boisterous Grotom mess area. smiling and waving to those he knew and not paying much attention to those he didn't care for or knew, Axton shoveld a mound of eggs, ham, bacon, and even some steak tips onto his plate before finding a chair in the corner of the common room to plonker down to eat. Mentally crossing off the first item of his list he finished breakfast quickly and went with a grin on his face to the park only hoping that this year he would get the chance to see some cool beauties or the same hot ones as last year, given that he didn't pay much attention to when some people graduate or were about to.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Akkaga wrote:
Tarnen wrote:Sam woke up hearing his alarm go off, as he blinding tried to find the button that turned the annoying alarm off. Once that was done he shift under several covers before finding daylight and the room he slept in. Slowly rubbing his eyes as he yawn grabbing his shirt and slipping on some pants as he walk over to his mirror tiding up his blonde hair before walking out of the room and into the Blextro's dorm mess hall. Grabbing his breakfast as he walked over to his brother almost on instinct sitting in front of him as he started to eat. "I told you not to be up all night again Anden." Taking a bite of his cereal as he watched his brother almost go head first into his bowl.

"Merg.." An inhuman noise came from Anden's mouth as he curled into a little ball in his seat. After a few seconds he said in his brothers voice, "I'm Sam Fen, and I know everything. My brother doesn't know anything." Anden smiled slightly at mocking his brother. Awhile ago he had done this to annoy his brother, but now he just did it as kind of playing along. He was too tired to fight with Sam this early. So mocking him was the next best option. "Maybe I should have gone to bed earlier, but I still got like eight or so hours. Or maybe 3.. Math sucks." He closed his eyes and swayed from side to side.

"And I'm Anden, and I no understands maths." Talking back to him in the same mocking tone as his brother. Taking another spoonful of frosted shredded wheat into his mouth looking as his brother swaying back and forth. "You know Mom found that annoying." He chuckled remembering when both of them did it in exactly unison just to get a rise out of their mother.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:45 pm

Tarnen wrote:
Akkaga wrote:"Merg.." An inhuman noise came from Anden's mouth as he curled into a little ball in his seat. After a few seconds he said in his brothers voice, "I'm Sam Fen, and I know everything. My brother doesn't know anything." Anden smiled slightly at mocking his brother. Awhile ago he had done this to annoy his brother, but now he just did it as kind of playing along. He was too tired to fight with Sam this early. So mocking him was the next best option. "Maybe I should have gone to bed earlier, but I still got like eight or so hours. Or maybe 3.. Math sucks." He closed his eyes and swayed from side to side.

"And I'm Anden, and I no understands maths." Talking back to him in the same mocking tone as his brother. Taking another spoonful of frosted shredded wheat into his mouth looking as his brother swaying back and forth. "You know Mom found that annoying." He chuckled remembering when both of them did it in exactly unison just to get a rise out of their mother.

"wow..." he remarks, " Are you guys going to do this all school year? it gets worse every time you do it..." He smiles playfully and then walks on to his room. "I am so torturing you during lunch," he laughs
Last edited by Saleon on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:07 pm

A single, tired eye opened to an unfamiliar feeling; someone waking her up prematurely. Emily was a girl who always enjoyed her sleep, and the fact that her new roommate seemed to be a keener for time didn't make the half-asleep Emily too pleased. She initially tried to turn over and cover her entire face with her pillow, but then she couldn't breathe and woke up even more. "Ugh." She said audibly, throwing the covers off of her body. "Good morning to you too." She said bitterly towards Epitaph, though the bitterness wasn't directed towards her roommate, more just the world in general.

She noticed that Epitaph was looking worried. "First day of school, huh?" She said, still sleepy, from her bed. "I remember that day for me too. It was awful. But it gets better real quick. Epitaph, right?" She asked the girl, making sure she got her name right.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Moth-Gar
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moth-Gar » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Domingo Vargas
Domingo woke up facing the pillow, turning his head slightly to the side to check the time, and coincidentally, his alarm went blaring, playing the song "Chill with that" by Ill Al Skratch. He sat on his bed but fell face-first back on the pillow, still feeling sleepy, but he quickly regained his composure and switched off his alarm. He yawned silently, covering his mouth while doing it, and then looked around his room, which was neat and tidy, thanks to him. He stood up and went for the bathroom, closing the door when he got in and gargled water since he had bad breath every morning. He looked up to his own reflection in the mirror, then smiled. He got out of the bathroom and got dressed, hoping to catch some grub before doing anything else.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:31 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:A single, tired eye opened to an unfamiliar feeling; someone waking her up prematurely. Emily was a girl who always enjoyed her sleep, and the fact that her new roommate seemed to be a keener for time didn't make the half-asleep Emily too pleased. She initially tried to turn over and cover her entire face with her pillow, but then she couldn't breathe and woke up even more. "Ugh." She said audibly, throwing the covers off of her body. "Good morning to you too." She said bitterly towards Epitaph, though the bitterness wasn't directed towards her roommate, more just the world in general.

She noticed that Epitaph was looking worried. "First day of school, huh?" She said, still sleepy, from her bed. "I remember that day for me too. It was awful. But it gets better real quick. Epitaph, right?" She asked the girl, making sure she got her name right.

Lost in thought, hearing Emily's voice initially startled Epitaph more than it should've. She glanced over and saw her lying on her bed - probably around seventeen, with black hair and looking exceptionally skinny.

"Uh, yeah," she murmured, before getting up out of bed. She found herself wearing pajamas she didn't remember owning, but considering the strange nature of everything right now that didn't surprise her.

Her confusion also managed to sap all of her social skills away, for the time being, as the next thing to come out of her mouth was "So...who are you?"
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:03 am

Blake was putting the finishing touches on the drawing of a beautiful nebula he had found when he realized that other people were waking, the sounds of alarms and grumbling walking by his door. With a start he realized it was morning and with a customary 'I don't get much sleep anyway' he got out of the chair at his drawing desk and proceeded to the nearest eating facility. While in the process of grabbing a wonderfully delicious lunchable from the small fridge next to his bed and munching it down, Blake realized he had forgotten one important thing. The realization hit him like a truck, he had forgotten to put his new drawing up on his wall among the others! Quickly standing to remedy this mistake and finding a place to his liking, he tacked the picture up among all the others. Each of his drawings has a set of coordinates in the bottom right hand corner in a system that he invented to make this three-dimensional exploration of the universe easier to understand, well from his point of view. With this task completed, Blake put on the clothes that others pestered him about so much and went to gleefully torture the newbies and reconnect with old friends.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:00 am

Tarnen wrote:
Akkaga wrote:"Merg.." An inhuman noise came from Anden's mouth as he curled into a little ball in his seat. After a few seconds he said in his brothers voice, "I'm Sam Fen, and I know everything. My brother doesn't know anything." Anden smiled slightly at mocking his brother. Awhile ago he had done this to annoy his brother, but now he just did it as kind of playing along. He was too tired to fight with Sam this early. So mocking him was the next best option. "Maybe I should have gone to bed earlier, but I still got like eight or so hours. Or maybe 3.. Math sucks." He closed his eyes and swayed from side to side.

Anden stopped and also chuckled, but only a little. "Mom hated a lot of the stuff we did. It's hard enough to raise twins, but three kids, all with powers, now that deserves praise." He thought back to growing up. Their father was very busy working, and their mother stayed at home and raised them. Anden wasn't a bad kid, he just happened to get himself into bad situations. They had just gotten back from visiting their parents for the summer. Their father had been most of the time, he had it a lull in work, so he stayed at home until something came to him. It was good to be with the whole family for once. Now Anden felt that he was missing them, but at the sametime, happy that he was free to be in Sylvan again. Doing whatever he felt. Checking his watch told him that thirty minutes had passed, and only an hour remained before class. "Sammy, I have to go and put on real clothes. I'll see you first period bro." He hugged him, but quickly let go and retreated down the hallway towards his dorm room.
You should join Ordis

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Aster contemplates whether he should attend class today. He takes the time to finally brush his teeth, put on fresh clothes, and do his hair. He spends the rest of his morning reading a quick book in his room. He finally decides it is probably a good idea to actually go to class. Considering the fact the teachers were hounding him for his breakfast prank, the evaporating row of seats. He quickly ties his laces and marches out of his dorm. He thinks he can see the stare of a couple of teachers monitoring him. Some new teachers are also here... hoping he isn't in their class...

As he is walking he says his roommate frantically hurrying to finally get dressed. Anden is usually a heavy sleeper but dang was he dead-asleep today...

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:A single, tired eye opened to an unfamiliar feeling; someone waking her up prematurely. Emily was a girl who always enjoyed her sleep, and the fact that her new roommate seemed to be a keener for time didn't make the half-asleep Emily too pleased. She initially tried to turn over and cover her entire face with her pillow, but then she couldn't breathe and woke up even more. "Ugh." She said audibly, throwing the covers off of her body. "Good morning to you too." She said bitterly towards Epitaph, though the bitterness wasn't directed towards her roommate, more just the world in general.

Lost in thought, hearing Emily's voice initially startled Epitaph more than it should've. She glanced over and saw her lying on her bed - probably around seventeen, with black hair and looking exceptionally skinny.

"Uh, yeah," she murmured, before getting up out of bed. She found herself wearing pajamas she didn't remember owning, but considering the strange nature of everything right now that didn't surprise her.

Her confusion also managed to sap all of her social skills away, for the time being, as the next thing to come out of her mouth was "So...who are you?"

"Emily. Emily Xiao." She said, trying to sound edgy, but the words came out tired and muted. She turned over and pulled her covers over her body. "I'm a seventh year here at Sylvan. House Venios, dangerous powers, all that jazz. Nice to meet you, I guess. Welcome, I'll be your guide, if you want one. I've been around the block enough times to know what goes on around here." Resigning to the fact that she wasn't going to be going back to sleep any time soon, and, if possible she should actually get some food. Emily was never a big eater, and probably one of the pickiest eaters that anyone would meet. No shellfish, no vegetables, only a few fruits.

Despite her small stature and her even smaller stomach, she hadn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday, and figured it was time to go get some food. It was more of a forced reaction rather than an impulsive one, though, since she could probably go days without eating. She sat up in her bed, her shirt, two sizes too big, falling over one of her shoulders. She rubbed one of her eyes, before stretching, then extending an offer to her new roommate. "Hey, you wanna go grab some food? Haven't eaten in, like, eighteen hours. Besides, that way I can show you around, sort of."
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:31 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

"Emily. Emily Xiao." She said, trying to sound edgy, but the words came out tired and muted. She turned over and pulled her covers over her body. "I'm a seventh year here at Sylvan. House Venios, dangerous powers, all that jazz. Nice to meet you, I guess. Welcome, I'll be your guide, if you want one. I've been around the block enough times to know what goes on around here." Resigning to the fact that she wasn't going to be going back to sleep any time soon, and, if possible she should actually get some food. Emily was never a big eater, and probably one of the pickiest eaters that anyone would meet. No shellfish, no vegetables, only a few fruits.

Despite her small stature and her even smaller stomach, she hadn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday, and figured it was time to go get some food. It was more of a forced reaction rather than an impulsive one, though, since she could probably go days without eating. She sat up in her bed, her shirt, two sizes too big, falling over one of her shoulders. She rubbed one of her eyes, before stretching, then extending an offer to her new roommate. "Hey, you wanna go grab some food? Haven't eaten in, like, eighteen hours. Besides, that way I can show you around, sort of."

Epitaph glanced at the clock near the head of her bed and noted that classes started in about an hour - more than enough time for someone to eat and get prepared, but not nearly enough for someone to get comfortable.
She, of course, was practically starved - Epitaph was a heavy eater normally, and a combination of her not having eaten at all last night and the fact that she had been devoid of her usual delicacies for the week prior made her strongly desire food that actually tasted good.
After thinking for far too long about nothing at all, she murmured "Uh, sure...yeah, that sounds great actually. Nice to meet you, Emily."

She finally stood up and curiously examined the bed she was just in. There was a small nightstand next to the head, which supported a rather typical digital alarm clock as well as a pair of dark sunglasses. A moment of clarity pierced Epitaph's thoughts - those sunglasses were very familiar to her, and unlike basically everything else were something that she knew connected with the life she lived just months ago. Epitaph, of course, didn't need the glasses themselves - she was perfectly capable of seeing even in blinding light. They were more of a safeguard against the more strange aspects of her ability; it's one thing to know that the person you're talking to can see every emotion on your face, but it's a different thing entirely to watch as her eyes change color when she blinks. Granted that isn't half as strange as some of the other powers at Sylvan - but Epitaph appreciates the normalcy, even in small doses.

At the foot of the bed, and sandwiched between the bed and the far wall, was a stout dresser. She was again reminded of the foreign pajamas she was wearing - other than the sunglasses, she hadn't yet seen anything that linked back to her old home. This didn't change when she walked over and opened the top drawer of the dresser, as it contained neatly folded clothes of various makeup, but nothing that she had ever seen before. Her tendency to dwell on the irrelevant took over yet again, and she spent no less than a minute internally telling herself that she wouldn't have time to return to the dorm after she ate breakfast. Anyone watching her would see her stand almost perfectly still for this time, only being broken by her sudden movement to remove a tank top and pair of jeans from the dresser.

Fountain of Pepsi
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fountain of Pepsi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Angelo awoke, feeling temporarily blinded due to the bright morning sun. At first glance, his small room wasn't anything, really, but it was his home for about a year now. It featured a twin-sized bed, a desk, an ukulele, and a small closet. On the desk was assorted papers, ranging from doodles to codes of conduct, and a laptop. Grandma had taught him to fold and make paper crafts as a kid, so he had a mild interest in origami. Without the expertise of his grandma, however, it took many times to get some of the most aggravatingly simple things right. He needed to clear his waste bin many times. Angelo chose not to have roommate (and that was how he liked it), but he sort of doubted anyone would want to bunk with the guy that could easily make you trip out. Especially after last year's "incident."

Soon he allowed his mind to drift to other, less cringe-inducing, thoughts. He wasn't in a particularly shitty mood, and that was what mattered. As a he put on a green tee, he quickly glanced at the schedule on his desk while dressing for the day. His first class was in 40 minutes. What a chore. He picked up the pace to the bathroom, bracing himself for what was probably going to screw him over today.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:

Epitaph glanced at the clock near the head of her bed and noted that classes started in about an hour - more than enough time for someone to eat and get prepared, but not nearly enough for someone to get comfortable.
She, of course, was practically starved - Epitaph was a heavy eater normally, and a combination of her not having eaten at all last night and the fact that she had been devoid of her usual delicacies for the week prior made her strongly desire food that actually tasted good.
After thinking for far too long about nothing at all, she murmured "Uh, sure...yeah, that sounds great actually. Nice to meet you, Emily."

She finally stood up and curiously examined the bed she was just in. There was a small nightstand next to the head, which supported a rather typical digital alarm clock as well as a pair of dark sunglasses. A moment of clarity pierced Epitaph's thoughts - those sunglasses were very familiar to her, and unlike basically everything else were something that she knew connected with the life she lived just months ago. Epitaph, of course, didn't need the glasses themselves - she was perfectly capable of seeing even in blinding light. They were more of a safeguard against the more strange aspects of her ability; it's one thing to know that the person you're talking to can see every emotion on your face, but it's a different thing entirely to watch as her eyes change color when she blinks. Granted that isn't half as strange as some of the other powers at Sylvan - but Epitaph appreciates the normalcy, even in small doses.

At the foot of the bed, and sandwiched between the bed and the far wall, was a stout dresser. She was again reminded of the foreign pajamas she was wearing - other than the sunglasses, she hadn't yet seen anything that linked back to her old home. This didn't change when she walked over and opened the top drawer of the dresser, as it contained neatly folded clothes of various makeup, but nothing that she had ever seen before. Her tendency to dwell on the irrelevant took over yet again, and she spent no less than a minute internally telling herself that she wouldn't have time to return to the dorm after she ate breakfast. Anyone watching her would see her stand almost perfectly still for this time, only being broken by her sudden movement to remove a tank top and pair of jeans from the dresser.

She's just a bit odd. Thought Emily as she observed the new girl change. She wasn't anything special, though she wasn't even really into that. At least, not that I know of. "What the fuck?" She muttered to herself. Tired Emily is weird Emily, she thought, before expertly swinging her legs over the bed and slipping into some flip flops. She yawned once more, before throwing her arms up in the air as high as she could, stretching out her back, making a few cracking noises that would bother most people to even hear. "Quite a fancy get-up you've got on." Emily observed as Epitaph changed into her clothes. She didn't really seem like the talking type, which Emily was more than fine with, as she wasn't really, either, but she knew that she needed to at least socialize a little bit with her new roommate in order to establish a few ground rules.

"Personally, I just go around most places in my pajamas. Not the most impressive get-up, mind you, but really, who am I trying to impress if not myself? And I have low standards. For me, at least." She giggled at her own joke. As she finally stood up, it was apparent that her pajamas consisted of her shirt that was way too big for her and basketball shorts. "Hey, yo, we ready to go?"

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:17 pm

"Uh...yeah!" Epitaph said, a bit too joyously. She swiped the sunglasses from her end table and slid them over her eyes - she was certain to look strange wearing sunglasses indoors during the day, but probably less strange than her eyes changing color every minute.

She was, of course, woefully unprepared for the day ahead of her - she lacked even a writing utensil. She was perfectly aware of this, but resolved that food was more important than preparedness right now and so she'd just wing it for the first few classes.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Aster then realises that he hasn't eaten yet. He did play a prank in the cafeteria but hadn't gotten an actual meal. He checks the time and decides that he can make it. The kitchen ladies turn white as a sheet at his presence. There nightmares are confirmed, this is not going to be a good year. While he is eating he pulls out rather advanced-looking book. It seems to be in a different language entirely. Either way it was still a THICK book. He sees people entering and decides to close the book and begin eating... and plotting...

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Bezombia wrote:"Uh...yeah!" Epitaph said, a bit too joyously. She swiped the sunglasses from her end table and slid them over her eyes - she was certain to look strange wearing sunglasses indoors during the day, but probably less strange than her eyes changing color every minute.

She was, of course, woefully unprepared for the day ahead of her - she lacked even a writing utensil. She was perfectly aware of this, but resolved that food was more important than preparedness right now and so she'd just wing it for the first few classes.

"Nice glasses. It's... kinda dim in here. What're you hiding behind those glorious rims?" She joked, before stuffing a pen into her shorts' pocket. Realistically, that'd be all she'd needed for a day at school. She didn't really write things down, never had, she found she learned better by doing and listening. "Hey, as a test, howabout you try to find your way to the cafeteria? I'll lay back here and... Guide." She nearly misspoke and said "Laugh" instead of "Guide". She wasn't really a cruel girl, but she enjoyed seeing first-years struggle. "Come on, it'll be fun. And a learning experience." She was also curious as to how her new roommate would deal with finding the cafeteria. Besides, she wasn't too hungry anyways.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:10 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Bezombia wrote:"Uh...yeah!" Epitaph said, a bit too joyously. She swiped the sunglasses from her end table and slid them over her eyes - she was certain to look strange wearing sunglasses indoors during the day, but probably less strange than her eyes changing color every minute.

"Nice glasses. It's... kinda dim in here. What're you hiding behind those glorious rims?" She joked, before stuffing a pen into her shorts' pocket. Realistically, that'd be all she'd needed for a day at school. She didn't really write things down, never had, she found she learned better by doing and listening. "Hey, as a test, howabout you try to find your way to the cafeteria? I'll lay back here and... Guide." She nearly misspoke and said "Laugh" instead of "Guide". She wasn't really a cruel girl, but she enjoyed seeing first-years struggle. "Come on, it'll be fun. And a learning experience." She was also curious as to how her new roommate would deal with finding the cafeteria. Besides, she wasn't too hungry anyways.

Epitaph chuckled. Emily was obviously underestimating her - understandable, of course, but this was Epitaph's area of expertise! She needed only one glance at the map of the school to have it permanently ingrained into her memory, and she'd done that yesterday.
But there was no reason for Emily to need to know that. Not yet, anyway.

"Shouldn't be too difficult, I suppose," Epitaph said, opening the dormroom door and exiting through it. "Oh, and just for the record, the glasses are to keep you out, not me in."

If Epitaph remembered correctly, and she always did, the nearest mess hall was at the foot of the dormitory, just a little ways down the hall and through a few doors. It was a short walk, only about two minutes. She didn't even check to see if Emily was following her before she went off.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:48 am

Walking over to Blextro's dorm, the party capital of the academy, Blake proceeded to the cafeteria in search of new muses to sketch. Finding a few and quickly sketching them before settling on the odd one with the book, he sat across from the reader and began to draw taking his time with the detail. Casually attempting to start conversation by saying "Your new here, mind if I ask your name?" after thinking for a second and adding "It is considered common courtesy to introduce yourself at the same time isn't it? You can call me Blake if you like."
Last edited by Kerzacistan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Nuef Republique de France
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuef Republique de France » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:03 am

Genowefa, or Ve as people liked to call her, was not happy. She'd woken up 30 minutes late this morning and wasn't able to finish her repetitions for morning exercise, and now she'd spilled her breakfast all down the front of her favourite blouse. Normally she didn't care about such vain things as a ruined shirt, but she'd just bought it; she despised the waste of money. She walked briskly back up to her room and changed, putting on a black pleated skirt and a navy blue blouse. She debated about wearing garters and thigh-highs with the outfit, but decided it would look too girly. It was too hot a day for them, anyhow.

As she walked along the campus, a copy of the map in front of her, she looked around the expansive greenspace. A good place to run, she thought. Perhaps she would take a jog later in the day. As it stood now, however, she had classes to attend. She made her way to the first class of the day, subconsciously checking to make sure her blouse was tucked in properly. She wanted to make a good first impression, after all.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:49 am

Aster finishes breakfast and moves on to first period. The teacher has not come to class and only one other person is in class. The teacher almost comes in the room when he see Aster. He turns white as a sheet. his nightmare is confirmed, this shall not be his year. He debates reading his book but then decides to talk to the student in the room. It turns out to be genowefa...

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse