NATION

PASSWORD

Northern Ireland GE 2015

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Who would you/are you voting for?

DUP (Democratic Unionist Party)
14%
Sinn Féin
50%
UUP (Ulster Unionist Party)
14%
SDLP (Social Democratic and Labour Party)
7%
Alliance Party
7%
Green Party
No votes
TUV (Traditional Unionist Voice)
No votes
UKIP (UK Independence Party)
No votes
BNP (British Nazi National Party)
No votes
Other
7%

Total votes : 14

The Northumbrian Republic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Northern Ireland GE 2015

Postby The Northumbrian Republic » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:30 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/northern_ireland/northern_ireland_politics

So who will you be voting for (or who would you vote for) in the upcoming elections in NI and why: (NI local parties Wikipedia articles)

Democratic Unionist Party

Sinn Féin

Ulster Unionist Party

Social Democratic and Labour Party

Alliance Party

Green Party

Traditional Unionist Voice

My opinions of those options are :

- DUP: A bunch of theocratic, bigoted, backwards cavemen that the north would be better off without. They hark back to an era of protestant supremacy in the north and can't seem to grasp the idea that time is moving on.

- SF: A party with a strong reputation for standing up for the actions of their constituents and providing a much more progressive future for the region and are Irish republicans, if I lived in NI, I'd probably vote this party.

- UUP: The same as the other Ulster unionists, theocratic, bigoted, backwards cavemen.

- SDLP: Good to see another party supportive of a united Ireland but just a shame they're so easily led astray and so ineffective in their actions.

- Alliance: So desperate to be non-offensive to anyone that they try to rock the boat as little as possible. Not something that will ever produce meaningful change.

- Green Party: I do not know much about the Green Party in Northern Ireland but would get my vote in (not so) Great Britain.

- TUV : Theocratic, bigoted, backwards cavemen as usual.

- BNP and UKIP: :rofl:

What do you think about this selection of parties? Decide and inform everyone of your decision by posting on this thread!

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:39 am

How dare you insult ancestral humans in such a way as to abuse the word "caveman" :P.

Seriously though how does political insulting help during an election thread?

Because if I recall it isn't a very bright idea since the Mods get all hyper alert about the issue.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Northumbrian Republic » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 am

Benuty wrote:How dare you insult ancestral humans in such a way as to abuse the word "caveman" :P.

Seriously though how does political insulting help during an election thread?

Because if I recall it isn't a very bright idea since the Mods get all hyper alert about the issue.

I did my cut and paste best effort to write an OP to succeed several locked threads about NI elections.
And the British Nazi Party is a Nazi party, it's completely true. :rofl:

New Skaaneland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Skaaneland » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:35 am

Why would this be about voting?
Undo the Taylor report!
Club over group. Club over country. Club over race. Club over sex. Club over God.

OOOOO HELSINGBORGS IF OOOOO

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:58 am

Probably not going to vote for anyone this time, really could not be bothered with any of them at the moment.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Smithdown and Wavertree
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Smithdown and Wavertree » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:10 am

i guess the SDLP

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Northumbrian Republic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:52 pm

Bump

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Probably the Greens, or the Alliance.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General