NATION

PASSWORD

ASOIAF: In an Age of Dragons [Sign-up, OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

ASOIAF: In an Age of Dragons [Sign-up, OOC]

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:05 am

Introduction
Welcome to A Song of Ice and Fire: In an Age of Dragons, an RP set in the world of G. R. R. Martin's book series and its HBO tv series. In an Age of Dragons take place some thirty years after the events of the books. These thirty years have, in best ASOIAF style, been filled with violence and intrigues, the extent of which is detailed in the bellow sections. You will RP members of the various Westerosi houses (Or Essosi Free Cities, Khalasars, or Ghiscari Imperial Magnates, etc.) vying for power and influence over the Seven Kingdoms or the World.

The RP is a continuation/reboot of Rise of a King the events of which will be summarized, when I find the time to do it, in a spoiler for people to read. The RP is however open to old and new players alike.

Setting (or short Backstory)
In the early years of the third century after Aegon's Landings, the War of the Five Kings was dying down, with Stannis Baratheon on the Iron Throne, in control of parts of the Seven Kingdoms. When Stannis came to power, one of his main supporters, the Bastard of Winterfell Jon Snow, was legitimized by the King, becoming the Lord of Winterfell after the last of the Boltons were executed. Later, Howland Reed, Lord of Greywater Watch, came forward with a secret that had been held for more then two decades: the identity of the parents of Jon Snow. It was revealed then that Jon had never been a child of Eddard Stark, but rather his sister Lyanna. His true father was none other than the Prince of Dragonstone and heir to the Iron Throne, Rhaegar Targaryen. As such, Jon was not only both a Targaryen by birth, but the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. As such, when Stannis Baratheon was assassinated by an unknown assailant several months later as he prepared to launch a winter campaign against his Lannister and Tyrell adversaries, without any male heirs, Jon Targaryen was crowned King.

When Daenerys Targaryen, after uniting the Ghiscari and ending slavery in Slaver’s Bay, eventually returned to Westeros, she met with her newly discovered nephew, and the two agreed to marry in order to avoid bloodshed, and together they reunited the Seven Kingdoms under Jon's rule. As such, the Seven Kingdoms, Daenerys's Ghiscari domain, and the Great Grass Sea were united under the Bastard of Winterfell and the Mother of Dragons. However, their triumph would prove short. In 318, Mace Tyrell, the Lord of Highgarden, was arrested and executed after it was discovered that he was plotting to assassinate the King and Queen, intending to replace them with his own daughter, Margaery Tyrell, and her husband, former King Tommen Lannister. Lord Mace’s execution led to open rebellion, with House Tyrell and several others, along with their bannermen, against the Iron Throne and their allies. In the cover of darkness, the armies of Highgarden stormed King’s Landing, killing Jon and Danaerys and taking the three year old Prince Aerion prisoner. Aerion’s elder brother, sixteen year old Aemon Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone lead a loyalist exodus, also including the six year old Prince Viserys, from Westeros and travelled to their mother's domain in Slaver’s Bay. With Aerion in the custody of House Tyrell, the Targaryen forces in Essos and those of Targaryen loyalists in Westeros were unable to continue the war, which was forced to end inconclusively.

The year is now 330 AC, twelve years after the Tyrell Rebellion, and the world is in a state of crisis. In Westeros, the Tyrells control the Iron Throne, with the young King Aerion and his queen completely under their influence. As a result, tensions are rising between those lords who supported Jon and Daenerys and those who took part in the rebellion. In Essos, the situation is much worse. In the Stepstones, a new ruler, the Pirate King Aero Cithien has united the island chain, moving on to conquer the Free Cities of Lys and Tyrosh. In the east, the other sons of Daenerys Targaryen have taken up their mother's positions, with Aemon becoming Emperor of the Ghiscari, a rising power in the world, and Viserys leading his mother's khalasar in the Dothraki Sea. Under Viserys, the Dothraki have become more bold, and raids against the Free Cities have become more common. Fearing the threat of the Pirate King and the Dothraki, the Free Cities have started trading less often with Westeros, and the Iron Bank of Braavos has started collecting on it's debts and withholding new loans, resulting in financial disaster for both the other Free Cities and the lords of Westeros. While the lords of Westeros bicker a rumor is rising in the east of a union between the mighty restored Ghiscari Empire and the Khalasar of Khal Viserys now seeking to return to Westeros and avenge the death of their parents.

You are in the center of this crisis. But who are you? Are you the head of a noble Westerosi family? Are you a brave knight, fighting in the army of your liege lord? Are you a wealthy merchant or slave trader from one of the free cities? Are you a pirate captain, raiding the seas under the command of the Pirate King? Are you a legate of the lock-step legions assembling in the Empire? Are you a khal of the Dothraki, leading your khalasar on raids against your pale-skinned neighbors? Whoever you are, you will play a part in forging the future of Westeros and Essos alike.

The Full Backstory (is long and full of spoilers; which is why I put it in one)

In the North Stannis manages to defeat the Bolton-Frey alliance and seizes control of the North. He is joined at Winterfell by Jon Snow, who has just survived and assassination attempt, and an army from the wall and together they assemble an army and march south to defeat the Freys.

In King's Landing the death of Kevan Lannister see Cersei Lannister's return to power. She immediately begins to sabotage the Lannister-Tyrell alliance by falling out with her Hand Mace Tyrell. Busy scheming and conspiring against one another both Cersei and Mace proves incapable of governing the realm well. Frustrated by the Queen Mace Tyrell sends most of his soldiers south to deal with Ironborn incursions against the Reach and refuses to send troops against the Golden Company's invasion of the Stormlands.

Stannis leads his army of northmen and Stormlanders to the Twins and begins to besiege the two castles, confident that taking them and destroying the Frey's will win him the support of the Riverlords. Momentarily able to overcome their differences Cersei and Mace manages to assemble a small joint Lannister-Tyrell force which they send north to drive Stannis back. Tension between Lannister and Tyrell commanders however make the force less then effective. Using Ghost as a scout Jon Snow informs Stannis of the army and he manages to ambush it, winning an easy victory. As the Lannister-Tyrell force retreats confidence in Stannis's claim rises among the Riverlords and many of the Northern ones defect, rushing to his side eager to defeat the Frey's. Stannis legitimizes Jon Snow as a Stark naming him Lord of Winterfell.

In the Stormlands an alliance is concluded between Aegon Targaryen and House Martell. After seizing Storm's End his claim begin to attract attention from disgruntled storm lands houses. Eager to capitalize on his gains, but fearing the forces of the capital too strong Aegon marches against the Reach in the hope of exploiting the Ironborn invasion of the Reach and the many men of the Reach stationed in the Crownlands and believing that he can attract support from some lords of the Reach.

In the southern parts of the Reach a war is being waged between the forces of Garlan Tyrell and the Greyjoys. But as news of Aegon's incursion into the Reach reaches him Garlan turns to face this new threat. Unaware of the alliance between Dorne and the Golden Company and trusting in his father's banner men Garlan is however defeated in battle and the Tyrell's driven back towards Highgarden by the Golden Company and House Martell.

In King's Landing tension between the Queen Regent and the Hand has reached boiling point. When news reach the city of the defeat of Garlan Tyrell Mace Tyrell assembles his forces, abandons the city and march south, leaving only Randyl Tarly and a small force behind to protect his daughter.

After a long siege Stannis takes the Twins and as mercenaries arrives from Essos he assembles a large army of Stormlanders, Northmen, Wildlings and now also Riverlords and Sellswords and march south towards King's Landing, taking many castles of the Riverlands and rallying the Riverlords as he goes.

In King's Landing Tommen's position is becoming increasingly tenuous. With Aegon to the South and Stannis to the North and only a small Lannister force defending the capital. As the army of Stannis encloses Cersei is convinced to abandon the city with her son and her daughter-in-law. They flee west through the north of the Reach towards the Westerlands and Casterly Rock.

Stannis reaches King's Landing with his now sizable army and begins a second attempt at taking the city. At the same time the Golden Company and House Martell lay siege to Garlan Tyrell at Highgarden. Stannis's assault succeeds while Aegon's is thwarted when Mace Tyrell arrives with the rest of the Reach army, winning a pyrrhic victory. The Dornish retreat south while the Golden Company flee east with Aegon.

Now in control of the North, most of the Riverlands and Crownlands including the capital Stannis looks like the most convincing claimant. In Highgarden Mace Tyrell, drained by two defeats and a hard-fought pyrrhic victory, and faced with rebelling vassals and the Ironborn invasion, makes no moves to challenge Stannis Baratheon and as Cersei reaches Casterly Rock her vassals refuses to answer her insistent call to continue the war against Stannis.

But in King's Landing Stannis's position is far from solid. His army is a ragtag mix of many different armies with different goals and he remains in control of only one kingdom, plus Riverlands and Crownlands. He spends most of the rest of his reign taking back the Stormlands and the Narrow Sea islands, thus the war of the Five Kings begin to die out as a pyrrhic victory for Stannis with Tommen Baratheon still in control of the Westerlands and the Reach.

Howland Reed then suddenly makes an appearance in King's Landing claiming that Jon Stark is in fact not the son of Ned Stark but of Lyanna Stark by Rhaegar Targaryen. Presenting some evidence he convinces Stannis of the truth of that matter. A man of honor Stannis promptly acknowledges Jon Stark as Jon Targaryen. Rickon Stark thus becomes Lord of Winterfell. As Stannis has no male heir he names Jon his heir. He manages to convince Petyr Baelish to accept his kingship and aided by the fresh armies from the Vale he begins to resume the war against the Tyrell-Lannister alliance.

Only to be murdered under mysterious circumstances. Jon Targaryen then accedes to the throne. Tired of war he enters negotiations with the Lannister-Tyrell alliance promising total amnesty, allowing them to keep all lands and titles. While Queen Regent Cersei initially refuses she is forced to accept the terms by her banner men after Mace Tyrell makes a separate peace with King Jon. As part of the peace Tommen Waters is legitimized as a Lannister and named heir to Casterly Rock.

Early in Jon Targaryen's reign Daenerys Targaryen arrives from the east. Convincing his aunt (and any banner men that may question him) that he is a Targaryen when he mounts Viserion the two marry. Peace is reach. The End.

WIP

The Rules

• All NS and P2TM forum rules apply. Obviously.
  • Do not god-mod, do not meta-game, do not do wildly unrealistic and/or senseless stuff
  • Posts must be a minimum of four lines, unless you have a reasonable excuse. I'm not going to be that hard about this rule, unless it becomes a habit.
  • Activity is mandatory. If you for some reason is unable to post for an extended period of time inform the OP and explain why this is acceptable or you will be removed from the OP.
  • As OP I have the final say on everything, period. Which is not to say that I can't be reasoned with.
  • If you apply as a house, apply as a character as well.
  • If you wish to play as a Free City or other, usually Essosi, faction/country/entity that isn't a house use the other faction application
  • Multiple players can be from the same house.
  • A player can RP multiple characters, or even multiple houses/factions. The OP will determine how many and which houses/factions the same player is allowed to RP.
  • You may reserve a house, faction or character for up to 24 hours after which the reservation expires unless something else has been agreed upon by the OP.
  • Have fun. And obey me.

Applications

House
Code: Select all
[b]NS Nation Name:[/b]
[b]House Name:[/b]
[b]Leader:[/b]
[b]Lands:[/b]
[b]Overlord, if any:[/b]
[b]Coat of Arms:[/b]

Other faction
[b]Faction Name:[/b]
[b]Faction Type:[/b] (city-state/sellsword company/pirate/khalasar/etc.)
[b]Leader(s):[/b]
[b]Territory (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Overlord, if any:[/b]
[b]Coat of Arms:[/b]

Character
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Title(s):[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]House Allegiance:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Biography ([i]At least[/i] 2 well written paragraphs)[/b]
[b]Any Additional Information:[/b]
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Accepted applications

In the Seven Kingdoms

House Targaryen of King's Landing: Reserved by Arana
House Tyrell of Highgarden: Novae Vitae
House Baratheon of Storm's End: New Granadesseret
House Lannister of Casterly Rock: OPEN
House Martell of Sunspear: Lunas Legion
House Greyjoy of the Iron Isles: OPEN
House Arryn of the Eyrie: OPEN
House Tully of Riverrun: Reserved by Toronina
House Stark of Winterfell: Yaana Noore

In the Ghiscari Empire and the East

House Targaryen of Meereen: Reserved by of the Quendi
  • House Vaelenesos of Mantarys: Krugmar
Jaerator family from Qarth: Diliath
The Golden Company: Tracian Empire
House Targaryen of Vaes Dothraki: Reserved by Arana
House Cithien of Sunstone: Reserved by Arana
House Bloodfyre: Nuxipal
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:23 am, edited 12 times in total.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Maps

Geographical map of the Known World

Blank map of Westeros

Map of Westeros with borders

Map of the Known World

Political map of the Known World (note that there are some inaccuracies with especially the Crownlands that are depicted as being larger then they are)
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nation RP name

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:06 am

Placeholder.
Nation RP name

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:46 am

I think Luna expressed an interest in House Martell, so I'd like to reserve that on his behalf.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:49 am

Wolfmanne wrote:I think Luna expressed an interest in House Martell, so I'd like to reserve that on his behalf.

Wow, are we really in a situation where all the great houses of Westeros are reserved right from the start? That would seem to bode well for the RP. Anyway the reservation is duly noted.
Nation RP name

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:10 am

Order of the Swan
"Truth Conquers All"

Main Applications

NS Nation Name: Krugmar
Character Name: Camren of Swanport, known as "Little Orphan".
Title(s): Ser
House Allegiance: None
Appearance:

Biography Camren was born in the village of Swanport, near Stonehelm, as the son of a baker. His mother died in childbirth, and his father caught the plague when he was but two years old, leaving him orphaned. He was tken in by the local septon, Uldred, a kindly man who brought him up to be a pious individual and even taught him how to read and write. Uldred was a rather elderly man though, and he passed on from the world when Camren was six, leaving him in the hands of a new and rather wicked septon, Benam. Benam whipped, beat and tortured the orphans who Uldred had taken in and some were taken to his chambers never to be seen again. Camren began training himself with help from the blacksmith, who had seen what Benam had been doing, and became quite proficient with a blade despite not having proper training.

Eventually Camren was summoned to Benam's chambers, and what he found inside shocked him to the core. With a concealed sword he slew the man who had killed so many of his fellow orphans, including his only friend Alia, who had disappeared several weeks before the event. He fled the village, being chased by a crowd of angry smallfolk who were unaware of the priests wrongdoings, despite the protest from the kindly blacksmith. He had little food on him, and only the small sword gifted to him, now covered with Benam's blood. Ser Mortin Lonmouth's party rode nearby and found the starving child, impressed with his fortitude and saddened by his tale the knight took the eight year old on as his squire.

Camren travelled with Ser Mortin from tourney to tourney and skirmish to skirmish, being taught how to fight in the way of the knight. He became very proficient with a blade, equaling the skill of renowned knights despite his disadvantaged upbringing, though his master once told him that he was 'no Arthur Dayne" when he became very confident. He was knighted at the age of nineteen when he saved Ser Mortin's life during a bandit raid, taking a nasty gash across the shoulder for him. He continued to travel as part of Ser Mortin's company, recently taking part in the Tourney at King's Landing where he finished respectably in the lists and lasted an honourable amount of time in the Melee. Ser Mortin took a nasty hit in the joust and is on his deathbed, with his small company of twenty hedge knights waiting to see who will be named as his successor as head of their roving band.

Camren also has an intense rivalry/hatred with Lord Roxton, who overheard him at a feast saying how he would love to "take Orphan-Maker from him and cause him the pain that I had" after Lord Roxton made a mocking joke about orphans. Since then Camren has vowed to duel and kill the man, and take the sword for himself.

Any Additional Information: As a Hedge Knight he was able to choose his own coat of arms,

Significant hedge knights in the company include:
Ser Marvion of the Red Fork
Ser Payten the Innocent (nicknamed after an incident with an innkeepers daughter where he continually proclaimed he was innocent).
Ser Darick Pyne
Ser Edam of Fairmarket
Alon of Lonmouth, Camren's squire

House Vaeleneos
"Demons Fear Us"

Main Applications

House Name: Vaeleneos
Leader: Talaemor Vaelenos
Lands: Mantarys
Overlord, if any: Fighting for independence from Aemon the Magnificent
Coat of Arms: Image
House Motto "Demons Fear Us" or "Bhūtaṁ zūgusy īlōn"

Talaemor Vaeleneos

Character Name: Talaemor Vaeleneos
Nickname, if any: The Demon of Mantarys
Title, if any: Dragonlord of Valyria, King of Mantarys, Tolos and Elyria, Master of the Demon Road.
House Allegiance: House Vaeleneos
Appearance: Talaemor in his armour
Biography Talaemor Vaeleneos has been the Lord of Mantarys for over twenty years now, inheriting the title after his father died from an infected wound. His childhood was mainly spent learning how to become a Lord, with this came the skills needed to fight and how to survive deadly intrigue. He was married to his sisters in typical Valyrian fashion at the age of 15, his family keen to keep their bloodline pure. After becoming the Lord of Mantarys he began an aggressive expansion against the Tolosi, retaking parts of the Demon Road and making it safer to travel.

At the age of 26 in 318 AL he won his first major victory against the Tolosi, pushing them back to their city of Tolosi and fortifying the Black Cliffs. The war ended in 320 AL with an uneasy truce that was heavily biased towards Mantarys. For the past 11 years he has been preparing his strength for another attack, intending to conquer the Tolosi and eventually move on to Elyria. During this time he has waited in Mantarys, making sure that trade has proceeded as normal and focusing on creating his dynasty which will succeed him.

A diplomatic blunder by his sister Maelesa has forced Talaemor into declaring war on his liege and having himself crowned Dragonlord. He has prepared his city for assault and prepared traps all over the Demon Road, awaiting the Emperors army. He hopes to force him to accept their demands of independence and to release his beloved sister-wife.
Any Additional Information: His family have kept their bloodline very pure over the years, only mixing with the few other High Valyrian families left in Mantarys when necessary.

Maelesa Vaeleneos

Character Name: Maelesa Vaeleneos
Nickname, if any:
Title, if any: Queen of Mantarys
Appearance: Before her captivity
Biography Maelesa is the older sister of Talaemor by about two years. She is far more independent than her younger sister and helps her brother govern Mantarys. She was raised as a warrior-woman, since their father Taenar wished for the heir to his house to be a warrior and he didn't take chances with only one son. She married her brother at the age of 17 and was one of the reasons that he survived the succession when Taenar died and cousins and kin of the family attempted to lay claim to the city.

She took part in the First Tolosi war and was responsible for several minor victories before 318 AL. She is credited with holding the Northern Demon Road from the legions of Tolos, keeping her brothers army safe while they took the Black Cliffs and cut off the Second Tolosi Legion. This enabled them to wipe out this legion and press the truce upon the city. She now rules with her brother, having given birth to a son, Taemor Vaeleneos.

She was sent to Meereen to treat with the Emperor and invite him to a wedding at Mantarys, likely to have the chance to assassinate him and his family. A diplomatic blunder caused her to be thrown in prison, causing her brother-husband to declare his independence. She now awaits the results of such a conflict, and fears the torturers rack.
Any Additional Information:

Vysenna Vaeleneos

Character Name: Vysenna Vaeleneos
Nickname, if any:
Title, if any: Queen of Mantarys
Appearance: http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/daena_targaryen_woiaf_4199.jpg
Biography Vysenna is the younger sister of Talaemor by one year. She was left largely ignored by her father, being raised by nurses and carers which developed her personality into a caring and trusting one. She is not a warrior and prefers to remain in their palace at Mantarys. She married her brother at the age of 15, a year after he had married her older sister. She stayed out of the First Tolosi war and remained in the city, to care for the children left behind and to keep a Vaeleneos presence within the city.

She has continued her life in the city, mainly staying shut away in the palaces caring for her daughter. She does not get on very well with her older sister, having very different ideals and ways of living. She has taken more of an interest in governing the city in the recent years, helping with matters involving coin and trade for which she has shown a natural affinity for.

She has become sullen and withdrawn after her beloved daughter was sent into hiding, and rarely leaves the palace anymore.

Taemor Valeneos

Character Name: Taemor Vaeleneos
Nickname, if any: 'the Golden'
Title, if any: Crown Prince of Mantarys
Appearance: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/7/7a/DAERON_I.jpg
Biography Taemor was born in 314 AL to Talaemor and Maelesa Vaeleneos. He has primarily been raised by his mother and so has adopted her focus on war, his relationship with his father is strained due to his fathers high expectations of him. His life has mainly been sheltered in Mantarys, though he has occasionally accompanied his parents on raids into Tolosi land and hunting for bandits. His relationship with his half-sister is strange, he barely knows her since they have been raised in separate wings of the palace due to their mothers dislike of each other.

His training has mainly been on traditional westerosi weapons, the sword and shield. He has been trained by both eastern and western mentors, the very best that Talaemor could hire. Much is expected of him as the heir to Mantarys and he can feel this burden upon his shoulders. He is soon to be married to his half-sister and dreads this day, fearing it more than battle with the Tolosi.

He and his sister have been sent to Volantis, into hiding, there to await the results of the war. Should it be a disaster, they are to flee to Westeros and seek the help of Aerion Targaryen and any others who might aid them.

Elaena Vaeleneos

NS Nation Name:[/b] Krugmar
Character Name: Elaena Vaeleneos
Nickname, if any:
Title, if any: Princess of Mantarys
Appearance: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/a/a4/Metalblackfae_From_the_blood_of_old_Valyria.jpg/250px-Metalblackfae_From_the_blood_of_old_Valyria.jpg
Biography The youngest member of the family is Elaena, who is two years younger than her half-brother Taemor. She has been raised by her mother Vysenna for her whole life, rarely leaving her side. She has experienced little outside of the walls of the palace and only then she has been completely guarded. Her mother has taught her the proper ways of court etiquette and has recently been teaching her trade and accounting, though she hasn't taken to it as well. Her marriage to Taemor is soon arriving and she hardly knows him. Her father Talaemor hopes that the marriage will fix the rift between the two mothers, though the real reasons for the marriage are simple: To keep the dynasty going and keep the Valyrian blood pure.

She has been sent to Volantis with her brother, into hiding, there to await the results of the war. Should it be a disaster, they are to flee to Westeros and seek the help of Aerion Targaryen and any others who might aid them.

Taehaenys Vaeleneos

Character Name: Taehaenys Vaeleneos
Title(s): Ser, Lord of Tolos
Appearance: http://targaryen.narod.ru/memorial/www.roaringstudios.com/thk/pictures/characters/Maekar.jpg
Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) Taehaenys is a cousin of Talaemor and one of his most loyal supporters. During the chaos that happened after Taenar's death he supported his cousin, slaying several of his own kin in the process. He grew up to be a very strong man, wielding a hammer in combat and enjoying crushing his enemies. For this reason he was deployed extensively in the Tolosi wars, earning his fair amount of glory. He is unmarried, though it is rumoured he has left Mantarys littered with bastards.

He fights now by Talaemor's side, ready to face the Emperor with him.

Talaeron Vaeleneos

Character Name: Talaeron Vaeleneos
Title(s): Ser, Warrior-Priest
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/nzBU10v.jpg
Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) Talaeron is a distant kinsman of Talaemor, from some branch of the family that became split off the main line a long time ago and operated as small nobles within the city. Talaeron is a decent swordsmen, but it is his way with words and inspiring speeches that he is known for. He is a warrior-priest of the old valyrian faith, choosing to take the sword to spread his faith. He is extremely zealous, and dislikes infidels and other religious types. He refused to fight any Tolosi on the battlefield who still followed the old faith, but had no such qualms about those who had taken up the Ghiscari gods or the seven.

He has been sent to guard Taemor and Elaena, and to bring them up following the correct faith if their exile is permanent.

Nilianna Sorrenohr

Character Name: Nilianna Sorrenohr
Title(s): Red Priestess
Appearance: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/iceandfire/images/f/fe/Tumblr_loi8ybAxON1qh0oqco1_400.png/revision/latest?cb=20120213174654
Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) Nilianna is a Red Priestess, following the Red God R'hllor. She was born in Lys, fated to become a slave to one of the pleasure houses, but by chance she was taken in by the Red Temple and trained to be one of their priestesses. She firmly devoted herself to her studies, becoming a devout follower of R'hllor, though she has failed to show any magic other than visions through the fire. She was sent to Mantarys several years ago to convert the ruling lord, Talaemor, and the populace. She failed in her mission, though she was lucky enough to escape sacrifice due to the intervention of Vysenna. She quickly became friends with the Lady and her daughter, though she failed to convert either of them. She began questioning her faith after seeing certain similarities in the Red faith and the Old Valyrian faith, though it was not enough to convert her.

Talaemor took the opportunity to get rid of the annoying woman by sending her into exile with his children, with instructions to dump her at Volantis if they want. It is unlikely that Elaena, and therefore Taemor, will allow this to happen.

Miscellaneous

Hellfire

Valyrian Steel Sword | Used by: KRUGMAR
Forged: 236 BC (Approximately) | Given to Talaemor 309 AC

This Valyrian Steel sword was forged before the Doom, during the golden age of Valyria. It's original name is unknown, having been renamed and reforged after the Doom took Valyria. Taehaerys Vaeleneos, Dragonlord of Mantarys, watched as the Doom took Valyria with fear and disgust. He and his eldest son rode their dragons, the only living ones that the Vaeleneos had, and flew towards Valyria. Taehaerys III never returned from the trip but his son, Taeheva managed to return. Taeheva was slightly burnt and wounded, yet his dragon had suffered mortal wounds and died within a few days. Taeheva carried with him the broken and mostly destroyed blade, saying one word only, "Hellfire". He never regained his sanity, choosing to take his own life several months later, leaving the sword and Mantarys to his brother.

Taehaerys IV had the blade reforged and rebuilt, as the secrets of Valyrian Steel had not yet been lost. He renamed it Hellfire, to commemorate the Doom and loss of his father, brother and their dragons. The last egg of the Vaeleneos would later hatch, but give only a stillborn dragon. The sword was passed down the family line until 46 AC when it was lost to Ellyrian pirates. Taevar II "the Relentless" spent ten years hunting down the sword, putting entire pirate havens to the torch. Eventually in 57 AC he recovered the sword after tracking it down to the stepstones.

In 156 AC, Taegeron I sold the sword to merchants from Tyrosh who sold him fake dragon eggs. His son, Taegeron II "the Brutal" slew him for this and took his army to Tyrosh. Taegeron's siege lasted a week before he was slain by his brother Taenar II. Taenar II lifted the siege and in return Tyrosh returned the sword to him and allowed his army to return to Mantarys.

Since then there have been no incidents involving the sword, returning to passing down the family line. Its latest wielder is Talaemor Vaelenos, inheriting it after his father died.

Additional Information: The Longsword is very peculiar, and it was forged by an expert Valyrian Steel smith with the aid of fire and blood magic. This caused the flames to continuously ripple through the blade, giving an eery effect. Talaemor has been known to light it up with wildfire, like the followers of R'hllor do, though he does it to emulate dragon fire.

Origins

The Vaeleneos family started out as simple sheep farmers, like the other Valyrian families. They were one of the few that learnt how to tame the dragons in the Fourteen Fires and bind them to their will. They took part in the Ghiscari wars, using their dragons to great effect and making a name for themselves. They became one of the forty families that in effect ruled Valyria, part of the Dragonlords. They did not stay in the capital of Valyria for long, eventually relocating to Mantarys after it was built and taking control of the city. From here the family created its powerbase, though its isolation from the capital meant that they were not among the most prominent families in the Freehold.

Vaelenean Line | 5000 BC? - 3546 BC?

Vaelen I "the Proud" | Born: 5000 BC? | Reigned: 5000 BC? - ? |

According to the legends, the Vaeleneos family was founded by Vaelen the Proud. A Dragonlord who took part in the Ghiscari wars and helped shape Valyria. No official records of him exist, though his legends likely have factual roots. According to some tales he lived for three hundred years, was eight feet tall and founded Mantarys himself though these are obviously false. All the legends agree that his dragon was golden, which is the accepted reason for the golden banner of the Vaelenos.

-Gaps in the records, either lost in the doom or more likely never written down-

Coraeun Line | 3546 BC - 2483 BC |
Coraeus I "the Founder" | Born: 3567 BC | Reigned: 3546 - 3506 BC |[/b]

Coraeus is credited with founding the city Mantarys in 3543 BC, though it is likely that he simply took credit for its construction. He moved his family there and took complete control, since they were one of the more minor dragonlord families in Valyria. It is said that he was very extravagant, spending much of his wealth and expanding the Vaelenos palace to its current size.

Coraeus VII "the Warmongerer" | Born 3207 BC | Reigned: 3200 - 3151 BC |

Ascending to the throne at seven years old, the seventh Coraeus grew up to be a bloodthirsty maniac. He sought war and was angered by the peace within the freehold. Therefore he began attacking nearby Valyrian cities and raiding smallfolk near Mantarys. His skill in battle was legendary, the other dragonlords gave up on trying to control him after he defeated several of them in battle. His greatest enemy was one he could not defeat, old age and old battle wounds. He died in bed, hated for his attitude but respected for his skill.

Coraehaerys II "the Weak" | Born 2515 BC | Reigned: 2485 - 2483 BC |

The last of the Coraeun line, Coraehaerys was a weak willed Dragonlord. He had been unable to even tame a dragon, rejected for his weakness. Unfortunately he was the last direct descendant of Coraeus and so the crown fell to him at the age of 30. Within two years he had been killed and his lands taken by Jaeverys Vaeleneos, few mourned him.

Jaeverean Line | 2483 BC - 1499 BC |

Jaeverys I "the Usurper" | Born 2520 BC | Reigned: 2483 BC - 2433 BC |

The first of this line, he usurped the title and lands from his distant kin after weakness prevailed within the house. He is remembered as being fair, old and wise despite what his title seems to suggest. In fact, the people of Mantarys cheered and called him Usurper as a token of honour.

Jaenys VI "the Daydreamer" | Born 2030 BC | Reigned 1990 BC - 1968 BC |

Coming to the title late in his life, Jaenys had spent much time as an explorer. His reign reflected this as he spent most of his time flying around and exploring the sights of the world and left the ruling to his sons and wives. At the age of 62 he set out towards the Shadowlands and never returned. His people waited faithfully for five years before allowing the coronation of a new dragonlord.

Jaeverys XXI "the Beast of Mantarys" | Born 1540 BC | Reigned: 1524 - 1499 BC |

Perhaps one of the worst dragonlords of Valyria. Jaeverys the twenty first was a monster of a man. He was considered ugly and deformed and his inner nature reflected this. He enjoyed torturing his friends and foes alike and grew more and more depraved. Eventually he began eating them along with other vile acts. His reign came to an end after he butchered most of his immediate family and ate his sister-wives. He was killed in the Mantaryan riot and was pulled apart by the people, his limbs burnt to ashes and his name only uttered in disgust. His death sparked the Kinslaying, a huge civil war in Mantarys that lasted 12 years.

The Kinslaying | 1499 BC - 1487 BC |

The Claimants

Jaegar III "the Unloved" | Born 1532 BC | Reigned early 1499 BC - late 1499 BC | Died: 1495 BC |
Those in italics never ruled from Mantarys

The last dragon-rider of the Jaeverean Line. A prudent and well meaning noble, quite skilled in combat yet unloved by the people. He gathered a huge army of Tolosi mercenaries and Jaeverean loyalists yet this army fell apart after his death in the Doomed Battle. The Tolosi switched to the winning side, his loyalists were wiped out in the battle.

Haelmerion Vaeleneos "of the Hammer" | Born 1546 BC | Died: 1495 BC |
Those coloured in Red died at the Doomed Battle, near the Black Cliffs.

A huge and imposing Valyrian of the Haelmeros Line, wielding a huge hammer which gave him his name. He commanded a lot of respect and rallied many nobles to his cause, having the second largest army of the claimants. He was killed in the Doomed Battle and his forces joined Talaemor.

Aelgereon Targaryen "the Bastard" | Born 1523 BC | Died: 1495 BC |

A bastard of the Targaryen dynasty, he was given mercenaries and funding by that family to gain them a stronghold in Northern Valyria. He was a skilled fighter and a decent strategist, though he was killed in the Doomed Battle and his mercenaries disbanded. His involvement would create a fierce hate of the Targaryens by the Vaeleneos family that survives to this day.

Yalverys Vaeleneos "the Thunderer" | Born 1531 BC | Died: 1495 BC |

One of the greatest warriors the Vaeleneos had ever produced. Yalverys was known for his booming voice and use of sword and axe in combat, making it hard for others to fight his unorthodox style. He easily beat his foe in the Doomed Battle yet was unable to defeat his foes dragon, being burnt alive. He commanded few forces and these forces eventually surrendered to Talaemor.

Sinmaeron Vaeleneos "the Merry Old Man" | Born 1556 BC | Died: 1495 BC |

A rather old member of the Vaeleneos line who felt that he could perhaps win the throne. He was a poor fighter, poor strategist with little wealth and an old dragon. It is said that he was still laughing before his decapitation in the battle, leading many to conclude that his involvement was due to potential madness. His men abandoned the battlefield quickly after battle was joined.

Faenar Tilvarryon "the Intervener" | Born 1535 BC | Died 1493 BC |

A scion of House Tilvarryon, sent north with an army to conquer Mantarys for his house. He was smart enough to stay out of the Doomed Battle and he almost won the siege of Mantarys. His first mistake, and last, was engaging Talaemor in single combat during the assault.

Haelmerion I "not of the Hammer" | Born 1524 BC | Reigned 1493 - Early 1490 | Died Late 1490 BC |

The only son of Haelmerion "of the Hammer", significantly weaker and far more inexperienced. He used a sword and shield in combat which earned him his nickname. He actually reigned in Mantarys for two years, though it was little more than a ruin by that stage. He eventually fled after hearing of Talaemor returning north, though his army got caught in the Black Cliffs and he was slain.

Jaenys Vaeleneos "the Unready" | Born 1511 BC | Died: 1487 BC |

The last surviving member of the Jaevereon line, the son of Jaegar III. He had been fighting Haelmerion, after Talaemor fled south, to little success. He managed to flee earlier than Haelmerion and escaped to Slavers Bay where he enlisted a huge slave army. He lost the battle of the Demon Road and was slain in personal combat by Talaemor.

Talaemor I "the Champion" | Born 1534 BC | Reigned 1495 - 1493 | Reigned 1487 BC - 1466 BC |
Talaemor technically took Mantarys in 1495, but was unable to rule properly until 1487

Details of the Civil war

The death of Jaeverys XXI left a massive power vacuum in Mantarys, as the direct family had all been massacred by him. Jaegar, a distant cousin, stepped up and took control of the city a few days after the riots. He was a respectable man, a known warrior and dragon-rider, yet his family was tainted as far as the people were concerned. He ruled with some difficulty for a year before he had to flee the city with his loyalist soldiers. He fled to Tolos where he gained the support of the local lord who lent him money to hire mercenaries.

In early 1498 BC, no less than 7 other dragon-riders claimed Lordship over Mantarys, with two of them not even belonging to the Vaeleneos family. Soon the Northern part of Valyria was split between supporting these different claimants, few of them had any real claim over the city other than distant blood relation. For three years little happened, only small skirmishes with few strategic gains or losses happening. This changed with the aptly named Doomed Battle, Six Dragon-riders entered and only one returned alive.

The Doomed Battle was a colossal battle, it has been estimated that potentially 20,000 slave soldiers were killed and 5000 Valyrian freemen died in this battle. Over five dragons and their riders were killed. The battle took place in plains, between some of the Black Cliff mountains. Little is known of what actually happened during the battle, but some details are known. Haelmerion Vaelenos killed Aelgerion Targaryen, caving in his breastplate with his hammer. Yalvaerys Vaeleneos decapitated Sinmaeron Vaeleneos but ended up being burnt alive by his dragon. Talaemor Vaeleneos fought and killed Jaegar III, killing his dragon and stabbing him through the eye. Haelmerion and Talaemor agreed to duel on the ground out of respect for each other. Haelmerion crushed Talaemor's left arm and nearly killed him, yet was undone by a quick slice to his knee which crippled him, allowing Talaemor to gain the upper hand and press his sword through Haelmerion's chest. Haelmerion's dragon went berserk and was killed by several scorpion artillery.

Out of this battle emerged a bruised, but victorious, Talaemor. Yet the civil war was not over, despite this crushing defeat for most of the other claimants. The only other claimant alive was Faenar Tilvarryon, a dragon-rider with a tiny blood claim on Mantarys. He had been wise enough to keep his troops out of the Doomed Battle and wait for the outcome. As Talaemor left the battlefield with his battered army Faenar attacked and completely routed Talaemor's forces. Talaemor fled back to Mantarys to raise more troops and put an end to the war, Faenar followed and laid siege to Mantarys.

The Siege of Mantarys lasted for two years, with Talaemor and his forces holing themselves within the city. Faenar eventually resorted to an assault after his troops began talking of desertion. The assault lasted for three days and laid waste to large parts of Mantarys. Faenar's dragon was shot down and died but he managed to survive. His superior forces managed to make their way into the Mantaryan Palace where he finally clashed swords with Talaemor. This was a grave mistake, Talaemor was a great swordsman and easily beat Faenar. Faenar was killed and his forces decided to surrender and join Talaemor. It seemed that the war was at an end, yet several claimants still remaining deciding to declare for themselves as they believed Talaemor to be significantly weakened.

Haelmerion "not of the hammer" was the son of the first Haelmerion. He gathered a small army several weeks after the assault on Mantarys and set about conquering the land around it. Talaemor fled the ruined city with his forces and fled south for two years, leaving Haelmerion the city and the land. Talaemor gained support from several southern valyrian families who were upset over the ruined trade in the north. He gained enough wealth to hire a massive army of mercenaries and returned home to Mantarys. Haelmerion tried fleeing but he and his forces were caught in the Black Cliffs. His army was annihilated and he was no match for Talaemor, being easily killed. Yet another claimant still remained, one who Haelmerion had spent his time fighting while Talaemor had been south.

Jaenys was the son of Jaegar III and had declared himself Lord of Mantarys after Talaemor had fled south. He gained a large following of Jaeverean loyalists and was backed by Ellyrian and Tolosi mercenaries, he spent two years fighting Haelmerion yet was unable to gain victory. He fled quickly when he heard that Talaemor was returning north and managed to escape his army, fleeing to the Slavers bay. There he sold the rights to the Demon Road in return for slave soldiers from the cities and one thousand unsullied. In 1487 BC his army met Talaemor's in the biggest clash since the Doomed battle. His slave soldiers quickly melted from the superior Valyrian mercenaries that Talaemor had, even his unsullied struggled to hold the line. Realising that he was losing the battle he decided to meet Talaemor in personal combat, deciding to end the Kinslaying once and for all. He was young as was his dragon and they were no match for the battle-hardened and experienced Talaemor and his dragon. Talaemor massacred some ofthe Great Masters of Meereen for supporting his enemy and accepting the rights to the Demon Road.

Finally the Kinslaying was over, Talaemor had emerged victorious yet House Valaenos was essentially ruined. Most of their dragon-riders had been killed, nearly every line of the family had been extinguished and Mantarys was left in mostly ruins. The House would never fully recover, yet the land and city would. The Talaemorean line would now rule, and it still does to this day.

Talaemorean Line

Talaemor I "the Champion | Born 1534 BC | Reigned 1487 - 1466 BC |

The champion of the Kinslaying and victor of the civil war. Talaemor emerged physically and mentally weakened, his energy spent and his will broken. He spent the next twenty years of his life resting and left his son to rule in his stead. Few disagreed with this, he certainly deserved the rest.

Talaemor XXXI "the Forger" | Born: 255 BC | Reigned 240 - 190 BC |

Little happened in his reign other than the forging of the Valyrian sword that would become 'Hellfire'. At this time the family owned several such swords, yet this would be the only one to survive.

Taehaerys II "the Great" | Born 230 BC | Reigned 190 - 151 BC |
The last true Dragonlord of the Valaeneos House. He managed to regain full control over the Demon Road and finally restored Mantarys to its original wealth from the start of the Kinslaying. He is remembered fondly as a great warrior, diplomat and father.

Taekar VII "the Prudent" | Born 201 BC | Reigned 151 - 131 BC |

Much like his father in every aspect. Little of note happened in his reign.

Taehaerys III "the Doomed" | Born 164 BC | Reigned 131 BC - 114 BC |

Tahaerys III took after his father in every aspect, being a fair ruler, and many looked forward to his reign. He was already experienced with children when he came to the throne and his short reign was peaceful and prosperous. It ended only due to the Doom in Valyria. He made a disastrous decision to find out what was happening and flew south with his heir. It is assumed that he and his dragon were killed in the Doom. He is remembered fondly but also sadly by members of the House, being regarded as the last hope of the House.

Taehaeva V "the Mad" | Born 134 BC | Reigned 114- 114 BC |

Taehaeva accompanied his father on the exploration of Southern Valyria during the doom. The experience sent him mad and killed his dragon, he only just made it home to Mantarys. He was forever changed, screaming only about Hellfire and after several months he took his own life. He was the last dragon-rider of the House.

Taehaerys IV "the Firm" | Born 129 BC | Reigned 114 - 70 BC |

Taehaerys took control of Mantarys after his brother took his own life. He remained resolute during the Doom and the collapse of the Freehold, refusing to give up or let Mantarys collapse. He kept the city together and convinced the people of Mantarys to stay. He was a just, but fairly harsh ruler. His attempt at hatching his dragon egg in 6 AC failed and his left arm was badly burnt. This dragon egg was the last the Vaeleneos had, though their vault was full of fossilized dragon-eggs. He later died at the age of 59, suffering from his burn wounds and old memories.

Taevar I "the Mindless" | Born 4 AC | Reigned 32 - 46 AC |

Regarded as an idiot by the other members of his family. He left the ruling to his younger brother, also called Taevar. He was killed in 46 AC when Ellyrian pirates stormed his ship and made off with Hellfire, the Valyrian steel sword.

Taevar II "the Relentless" | Born 7 AC | Reigned 46 - 80 AC |

The younger brother and regent for Taevar I. A proud warrior and skilled statesman, he put together a fleet with Tolosi help and spent ten years tracking down the Ellyrian pirates. He eventually found them, destroyed their haven and skinned them alive, sending their flayed bodies to the Stepstones and to Ellyria as a reminder of the punishment for piracy. He spent the next thirty years ruling Mantarys and restoring it to its former glory before dying of old age.

Taenar I "the Good"| Born 36 AC | Reigned 80 - 115 AC |

The son of Taevar II. He was like his father in almost every way, ruling well and effectively. He had a short war with the Ellyrians which amounted to very little. He later died of old age.

Taegeron I "the Idiot" | Born 80 AC | Reigned 115 - 156 AC |

Born late into his fathers reign, he managed to survive when his much older brothers died of the plague. He was rather dimwitted his whole life, being ruled by his advisers and wives. His only claim to fame was when he sold Hellfire for a batch of fake dragon eggs. His son, fed up with his decrepit father, decided to slay him and take power.

Taegeron II "the Brutal" | Born 110 AC | Reigned 156 - 156 AC |

Taegeron hated his father, choosing to take power by force rather than rot away waiting for him to die. He immediately took the Mantaryan army to Tyrosh and laid siege to it. His siege lasted a week before he was betrayed by his brother, Taenar, and stabbed in the back.

Taenar II "Backstabber" | Born 115 AC | Reigned 156 - 170 AC |

Taenar betrayed and killed his older brother, despite loving him dearly. He foresaw the ruin that would befall the House if the attack on Tyrosh was allowed to happen. He returned home with Hellfire and an intact army yet was hated by the people. He was killed in a riot at the age of 55, never able to restore the trust of the people.

Talaemor XXXII | Born 140 AC | Reigned 170 - 210 AC |

Known for brutally crushing the people after the riots which killed his father. Had an unstable but generally peaceful reign.

Taevar III | Born 173 AC | Reigned 210 - 233 AC |

Nothing of note happened within this reign.

Talaemor XXXIII | Born 198 AC | Reigned 233 - 259 AC |

Talaemor XXXIV | Born 228 BC | Reigned 259 - 281 AC |

Taenar III "the Peaceful" | Born 246 AC | Reigned 281 - 309 AC |

The father of the thirty-fifth Talaemor. He bent the knee to Daenaerys Targaryen in 300 AC after she threatened to march on Mantarys. He spent the last nine years of his life filled with hate, conspiring with his wives and son to overthrow the Targaryens. He was mourned greatly by his son and people when he died.

Talaemor XXXV "the Demon of Mantarys" | Born 293 AC | Reign 309 - Current |

The current Lord of Mantarys. Led a successful war against the Tolosi and has been very aggressive towards his liege Lord. Seeks independence for Northern Valyria and can barely keep his anger down at the thought of a Targaryen as his overlord.

Army of Mantarys

The Legions of Mantarys

Each Legion is made up of 6000 men. Each legion is divided into twelve companies of 500 men. In the average company there are 20 Officers, 250 Spearmen, 130 Swordsmen and 100 Archers/Peltasts. A Veteran company has the same composition, but those within have been part of the legions for many years. Skirmish companies are made up of 20 Officers, 200 Light Cavalry, 100 Light infantry, 180 Archers/Peltasts. Cavalry Companies are made up of 20 Officers, 200 Light Cavalry, 150 Heavy Cavalry, 130 Horse-Archers.

First Legion

Currently located in Mantarys

Companies
  1. Veteran Company
  2. Veteran Company
  3. Average Company
  4. Average Company
  5. Average Company
  6. Average Company
  7. Skirmish Company
  8. Skirmish Company
  9. Skirmish Company
  10. Cavalry Company
  11. Cavalry Company
  12. Veteran Company

Second Legion

Located around Northern Valyria

Companies
  1. Veteran Company - Captured in Bhorash by Imperial Forces
  2. Veteran Company - Camped in the Painted Mountains
  3. Average Company - Camped in the Painted Mountains
  4. Average Company - Camped outside Mantarys, holding the Demon Road Bridge
  5. Skirmish Company - Camped in the Painted Mountains
  6. Cavalry Company - Blocking Demon Road to Tolos
  7. Skirmish Company - Camped in Painted Mountains
  8. Skirmish Company - Near Tolos
  9. Skirmish Company - Near Tolos
  10. Skirmish Company - Near Tolos
  11. Cavalry Company - Camped outside Mantarys, in the Northern plains
  12. Cavalry Company - Camped on the Demon Road west of Bhorash

Mercenaries:

Wildmen of the Mountains - 1000 lightly armed Wildmen - Camped in the hills outside of Mantarys (Represented by W-M on Map)
Dead Men of Oros - 2000 Standard Mercenaries, sworn fealty to Talaemor. (Represented by M on map)

Wildmen Clans

Six varying clans - approx. 600 lightly armoured Wildmen - Camped in Painted Mountains in various locations (Represented by various W's, around 200 per W)

Map

Total men:

In Mantarys: 8000 - not including Militia forces

Outside Mantarys: 7100

Captured/Killed: 500

Total: 15,600

In-depth Strategic Analysis: Probably fucked
Last edited by Krugmar on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Novae Vitae
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novae Vitae » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:32 am

NS Nation Name: Novae Vitae

House Name: Tyrell

Leader: Lord Loras Tyrell, as from the previous RP. Described as:

"Comely of complexion and outgoing of personality, fast of tongue and sharp of wit, Loras Tyrell was the second-born son of the late Willas Tyrell. Born three hundred-and-four years after the conquest of Aegon, Loras Tyrell was never intended to be heir to Highgarden. He was never intended to rule the Reach. His elder brother, Garlan, was raised to be a rigid master of politics beside his father, a more stunning embodiment of martial skill than the uncle of whom Loras is the namesake.

But then he died. Willas Tyrell, on behalf of Margaery to visit the Iron Bank, brought his son on a tour of the Free Cities. The late lord had hoped Garlan would begin forging his first alliances there. When their ship broke on the stones of Braavos, father and son washing up dead days later, the Reach passed to Loras.

It was, unarguably, a poor option. The support of the Reach was crucial to the support of Aerion, the newly-made king. Garlan, Margaery's brother, moved quickly to seize the regency of the Reach. However, Margaery warned him of grasping a power too much--at the same time, however, she ordered Garlan to stabilize the Reach.

So, while his uncle went about ruling the Reach, Loras did the rational thing any fifteen-year-old Lord Paramount would do--he bedded whores and drank with gamblers, rode with hedge knights and danced in the festivals of smallfolk. His uncle Garlan died when he was twenty-two, forcing him to rule for once. He has found a struggling balance; he is just and genuine to the smallfolk that love him, which has alienated some of his powerful lords, but not all. However, with the threat of his aunt's wrath on his tongue, the lords have been somewhat silent.

And so now, after four years of ruling the Reach, Loras's lust for life has stretched to his desire to play the game of thrones. He has three hopes.

His aunt is the regent. His cousin is the queen. And he is the most powerful lord, man-for-man, in all of Westeros."

Lands: The lands of Highgarden and the rule of the Reach

Overlord, if any: House Targaryen of King's Landing

Coat of Arms: A rose, or, on a field vert

Notes: Does Margaery come with this app as an implication, or no?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:41 am

Character Bios etc will come later.

NS Nation Name: Lunas Legion
House Name: House Nymeros Martell (commonly just House Martell)
Leader: Princess Arianne Martell of Dorne
Lands: Sunspear, Dorne
Overlord, if any: House Targaryen of King's Landing
Coat of Arms: Here.

Character Name: Arianne Martell
Title(s): Princess of Dorne, Lady of Sunspear and the Sandship
House Allegiance: Martell
Appearance: Arianne has lost much of her former beauty; now physically frail with graying hair and brown eyes that carry the weight of much loss, she is rarely seen outside of her own chambers, and when she is it is as a haggard figure, worn down by loss.
Biography: Arianne inherited her title of Princess of Dorne shortly after returning from Storm's End, having pledged Dorne's loyalty to Aegon. She called her banners, raising some 20,000 men with which to join Aegon in his campaign across the Reach. Arianne split her forces into two armies, each 10,000 strong; the first, under herself and Lord Yronwood, would march up through the Boneway to join with Aegon's forces. The second army, under Obara Sand and Lord Uller, would remain at the near end of the Prince's Pass to repel any attempted assaults into Dorne by the Tyrells.

Aegon defeated the forces of Garlan Tyrell in the Battle of Bitterbridge, and would lay siege to Highgarden where he was later joined by Lord Uller's army. It is rumoured that they became lovers during the Reach Campaign, but whether or not this is true will probably remain unknown. Despite the extra reinforcement by Lord Uller's army, Aegon's forces were taken unaware by Mace Tyrell's host, and were defeated in a bloody battle that saw the death of Obara Sand to a cavalry charge and Ser Gerold Dayne, Darkstar, after challenging Garlan Tyrell to a duel.

The Dornish retreated south and remained behind the Boneway and Prince's Pass for the rest of the war, pinned in by Tyrell forces unwilling to move into Dorne itself. The war's end saw Arianne waiting to marry Aegon, before Daenerys appointed him to her Queensguard, and Arianne always hated her for this.

Rather than taking her place on the Small Council, Arianne instead named Nymeria Sand as Master of Whispers in her place, not wanting to have to be so near both Daenerys and Aegon. This nomination would save her life, as Nymeria was killed during the Lannister and Tyrell assault on King's Landing whilst trying to escape the city, and although Dornish armies made some sorties out from the Prince's Pass, raiding the Reach, for the most part Dorne would remain neutral.

The war's end left Arianne broken. She had lost her lover, although they had somewhat broken up, and one of her closest friends. She became sullen and depressed, a state which she remains in to this day, with the only thing being able to bring out her cunning and energy being a chance to pike the heads of those who have hurt her so much.

Character Name: Elia Martell
Title(s): Princess of Dorne
Appearance: Elia takes heavily after her mother; dark brown hair and soft brown eyes, but being somewhat taller than her.
Biography: Elia's father is unknown, but it is widely suspected to have been Aegon Targaryen; however, he never acknowledged her if she was, as his honour as a knight of the Kingsguard would not let him. Arianne, however, had her legitimised as a member of House Martell anyway, and would often dote on her.

Although she grew up mostly alone, Arianne taught her much, and Sarella and the rest of the Sand Snakes taught her the rest, acting as one massive family for her. Much like Arianne at her age, she remains unmarried, as Arianne is content to let her find her own way in life like she did. Elia is currently acting as Arianne's regent effectively, due to the latter's physical weakness and lack of interest in affairs.

Character Name: Trystane Martell
Title(s): Prince of Dorne, Castellan of Sunspear
Appearance: Trystane stands slightly taller than Elia, and has extremely short brown hair. Although not physically massive, he isn't weak either, and is missing the top of his left middle finger.
Biography: Trystane has always been extremely cautious; too young to participate in the ending stages of the War of the Five Kings, he kept Dorne's armies back in Dorne itself and refused to involve himself in the wider war, much as his father Doran had done during the War of the Five Kings.

Although Myrcella, whom he loves deeply, urged him to march in support of her brother, he refused to do so, and would remain in Dorne after the war, assisting Elia in ruling Dorne following Arianne's self-removal from rulership in all but name. He remains content as castellan of Sunspear, supporting his niece Elia.

Character Name: Myrcella Martell née Baratheon
Title(s): None.
House Allegiance: Martell (tries to support the Lannisters occasionally)
Appearance: Myrcella would have been beautiful, with emerald green eyes and bright golden hair; sadly, she lost an ear at a young age to Ser Gerold Dayne, and also received a scar down her right cheek. She normally covers it with her hair, being extremely self-conscious about it.
Biography: Myrcella is somewhat strange; although raised in King's Landing, her fostering in Dorne and bethroal to Trystane Martell has meant that although looking similar to her mother, she prefers Dornish culture and everything associated with it. She is highly intelligent and persuasive, although her husband has resisted her on some occasions, notably the issue of Dornish involvement with the Tyrell-Lannister Revolt. She is good friends with the younger of the Sand Snakes, having been raised alongside them, but she has no taste for their more martial pursuits.

Myrcella is also a keen cyvasse player, a sport which has grown since it's arrival in Dorne to dominate the court, and although she normally defeats Trystane, he doesn't seem to mind. She normally spends most her time in the Water Gardens than Sunspear proper, preferring the cooler environment.

Character Name: Robert Martell
Appearance: Robert is short, but strong, with light brown hair speckled with gold and dark green eyes that are constantly moving over everything.
Biography: Myrcella and Trystane's only child, the others having died as infants, Robert always wanted to be a warrior. Despite being rather short for his age, he makes up for his lack of reach through his skill with the spear. A keen jouster and horseman, having been tutored in both by his father and Elia Sand, Robert's only problem is his lack of patience and short temper.

Robert is currently squiring for Lord Yronwood, much like Quentyn Martell once did, although unlike Quentyn he hasn't been secretly sent to Essos. Robert is good friends with Lord Yronwood's eldest son, and the two often pair up as sparring partners or lead patrols to chase down bandits together.

Character Name: Tyrene Sand
Title(s): Septa of Sunspear
Appearance: Tyrene, like her friend Arianne, has lost much of her youth; although her innocent blue eyes remain unchanged, her hair is grey with streaks of gold, but unlike Arianne she retains most of her physical ability.
Biography: Tyrene spent the latter stages of the War of the Five Kings, and a decade thereafter, training to become a septa. She had always been pious, or at least careful to appear pious, despite her skill with poisons matching her father's. She returned to Sunspear shortly after the death of the High Septon known as the High Sparrow, avoiding the fall of King's Landing to the Lannisters and Tyrells.

Tyrene has served as midwife for both Arianne and Myrcella, and is good friends with both. She shares a desire for revenge with Arianne, as she and her elder sister Nymeria were also close, despite their contrasting personalities and personal images.

Character Name: Sarella Sand
Appearance: Sarella has raven black hair, and despite her advancing age retains a high physical ability. Tall and dark-skinned, her eyes still spark with the endless curiousity of youth mixed with the weariness of the elderly.
Biography: Sarella has always been curious; she spent the latter half of the War of the Five Kings in Oldtown, forging half a maester's chain before leaving for the Free Cities. While in the Free Cities she ended up joining a multitude of sellsword companies as an archer, normally keeping with Summer Islanders wherever possible.

She spent several decades travelling across Essos, visiting the cities of Slaver's Bay under first Dany and then her children's rule, Qarth, Assha'i and even braving the cyclopean ruins of Yeen before returning to Westeros, bringing back a horde of artefacts and treasure that she had collected on that journey. Not interested by the petty politics of Westeros, and still with her insatiable curiousity, Sarella is preparing to leave for Slaver's Bay once again.

Character Name: Elia Sand
Appearance: Elia, although not physically large, is well-toned from her days of jousting, with her black hair normally kept twisted into a braid and blue eyes. Her love of and keen interest in horses means she often ends up smelling like them, which is fitting considering she's the Stablemistress of Sunspear.
Biography: Elia is an experienced soldier; she met with Aegon alongside Arianne, and accompanied her throughout the rest of the War of the Five Kings as her bodyguard, a post which she continues to hold to this day. While on campaign she learned how to fight with a sword from Ser Rolly Duck and further improved her jousting ability, which has resulted in her becoming a somewhat famous tourney champion within Dorne itself, but not outside.

Elia is easily the most aggressive and vocal of the Sand Snakes; she pushed for Dorne to intervene by invading the Reach during the Lannister and Tyrell Revolt, but her lack of persuasive skills and hotheadedness has often meant she is ignored in favour of wiser, more patient advice, although she understands why but stubbornly refuses to adapt.

Character Name: Obella Sand
Appearance: Obella is short and skinny, with black hair and blue eyes. She rarely pays much attention to her appearance, much to the annoyance of Loreza.
Biography: Obella is something of an oddball amongst the Sand Snakes, where the others are warriors or involve themselves in politics or further their own desires, Obella has one interest; the acquisition of money. She spent the War of the Five Kings with Manfrey Martell, castellan of Sunspear, who died childless but passed on his knowledge of economics and his money onto Obella, the child he never had.

Obella toured the Free Cities, learning more about and acquiring more money as a roving trader, occasionally sending some back to her family as a reminder that she still exists and is out there. Although she has amassed a decent fortune, all of it is put into acquiring more and more money, and she has occasionally found herself using her money and contacts to help her family back home, but this is rare and she never does it on request.

Character Name: Dorea Sand
Appearance: Dorea has short black hair and brown eyes. She is the most overtly muscular of the Sand Snakes, and while no Brienne of Tarth, is the largest of them.
Biography: Dorea is best described as angry. Always angry, all the time. A bit of a loose cannon, she tends to lack overall direction and normally requires someone else to give her something to do, which she then sets about with wild abandon and gusto. Raised in the Water Gardens and the Hellholt, she is perfectly fine with extreme heat.

Dorea has spent most her life as second-fiddle to Elia Sand, who is a better warrior and slightly more cool-headed, but doesn't seem to mind, and instead spends her time with Sunspear's Master-At-Arms training their household guard for lack of much else to do.

Character Name: Loreza Sand
Appearance: Loreza is, arguably the most beautiful of the living Sand Snakes, being tall, thin and with playful blue eyes and long black hair.
Biography: Loreza, despite her appearance, is the cruellest of the Sand Snakes. Paranoid following her near-death during a sandstorm, which she blames someone, no one is sure who since it changes with every retelling, for, her paranoia made her into a control freak which leads her to eagerly indulging in torture, although she is normally successful in keeping her sadistic streak hidden and only torturing prisoners who deserve her attentions.

A keen rider and swordswoman, due to her need to defend herself due to her paranoia, she often travels to the Free Cities where she has more freedom to indulge in her sadistic hobbies, and has quite a few friends in Lys especally.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:46 am

snip
Last edited by Woodstovia on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:28 pm

So when I wrote the short backstory for the RP, essentially the same as Arana wrote for the previous one, I discovered something interested. Previously I thought that the Jon-Daenerys ticket won in 302 since that was the year Aemon was born. It turns out it was much later. Arana's original backstory had Stannis take the throne in 301. Two years later (303) Howland Reed came forward with his evidence of Jon's parentage. "Several months later" Stannis died and Jon became king. Two years later Daenerys reached Westeros, meaning that Jon and Daenerys probably married sometime between 305-306 making Aemon's earliest birth date in 306. But he is twenty eight in 330. So unless Daenerys has a dirty little secret (another one of those) then something is off. I see three solutions: 1) Move the time of the RP some years into the 330s allowing Aemon's birth to have taken place in 306 or later and still let him be twenty eight, but this might screw with people's backstories and make everyone's character's older. 2) Make Aemon younger, as he was originally intended. The problem would be that then his daughter would also have to be made younger depriving us of the most eligible bachelorettes in the world and majorly messing with my backstory. 3) I am the OP and I am God so I simply wave a magic wand creating a time space continuum whereby I harness the cosmic energies of ... Well who cares; the point is the problem just goes away. I think I might actually favor that solution. Thoughts?

On a related matter I am trying to compose a summation of the events of the first RP. I can probably do that very well for the Essosi part on my own but with regards to Westeros I am not the obvious choice for that role so I would like some help on what is important and what isn't in the west.

And on a note related to that; since my characters are mostly in the East I have decided to appoint a Co-OP of the West to my OP of the East. A Maximian to my Diocletian. His/hers job would be to pay special attention to everything going on on the wrong side of the Narrow Sea in that backwater all your sorry Westerosi types call a home. Any takers?
Krugmar wrote:-snip-

Accepted.
Novae Vitae wrote:Notes: Does Margaery come with this app as an implication, or no?

Unless you very specifically apply to play Margaery someone else could ask to RP her. In such a scenario I would allow you, as the principal Tyrell player, some influence on the what a Margaery application would look like.

Otherwise accepted.
Lunas Legion wrote:-snip-

Accepted, pending the completion of character applications.
Woodstovia wrote:-snip-

Accepted.
Nation RP name

Novae Vitae
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novae Vitae » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:So when I wrote the short backstory for the RP, essentially the same as Arana wrote for the previous one, I discovered something interested. Previously I thought that the Jon-Daenerys ticket won in 302 since that was the year Aemon was born. It turns out it was much later. Arana's original backstory had Stannis take the throne in 301. Two years later (303) Howland Reed came forward with his evidence of Jon's parentage. "Several months later" Stannis died and Jon became king. Two years later Daenerys reached Westeros, meaning that Jon and Daenerys probably married sometime between 305-306 making Aemon's earliest birth date in 306. But he is twenty eight in 330. So unless Daenerys has a dirty little secret (another one of those) then something is off. I see three solutions: 1) Move the time of the RP some years into the 330s allowing Aemon's birth to have taken place in 306 or later and still let him be twenty eight, but this might screw with people's backstories and make everyone's character's older. 2) Make Aemon younger, as he was originally intended. The problem would be that then his daughter would also have to be made younger depriving us of the most eligible bachelorettes in the world and majorly messing with my backstory. 3) I am the OP and I am God so I simply wave a magic wand creating a time space continuum whereby I harness the cosmic energies of ... Well who cares; the point is the problem just goes away. I think I might actually favor that solution. Thoughts?

On a related matter I am trying to compose a summation of the events of the first RP. I can probably do that very well for the Essosi part on my own but with regards to Westeros I am not the obvious choice for that role so I would like some help on what is important and what isn't in the west.

And on a note related to that; since my characters are mostly in the East I have decided to appoint a Co-OP of the West to my OP of the East. A Maximian to my Diocletian. His/hers job would be to pay special attention to everything going on on the wrong side of the Narrow Sea in that backwater all your sorry Westerosi types call a home. Any takers?

Accepted.
Novae Vitae wrote:Notes: Does Margaery come with this app as an implication, or no?

Unless you very specifically apply to play Margaery someone else could ask to RP her. In such a scenario I would allow you, as the principal Tyrell player, some influence on the what a Margaery application would look like.

Otherwise accepted.

Accepted.

In that case, I'll give time to see if anyone comes around interested in playing Margaery. :)

Arana
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:So when I wrote the short backstory for the RP, essentially the same as Arana wrote for the previous one, I discovered something interested. Previously I thought that the Jon-Daenerys ticket won in 302 since that was the year Aemon was born. It turns out it was much later. Arana's original backstory had Stannis take the throne in 301. Two years later (303) Howland Reed came forward with his evidence of Jon's parentage. "Several months later" Stannis died and Jon became king. Two years later Daenerys reached Westeros, meaning that Jon and Daenerys probably married sometime between 305-306 making Aemon's earliest birth date in 306. But he is twenty eight in 330. So unless Daenerys has a dirty little secret (another one of those) then something is off. I see three solutions: 1) Move the time of the RP some years into the 330s allowing Aemon's birth to have taken place in 306 or later and still let him be twenty eight, but this might screw with people's backstories and make everyone's character's older. 2) Make Aemon younger, as he was originally intended. The problem would be that then his daughter would also have to be made younger depriving us of the most eligible bachelorettes in the world and majorly messing with my backstory. 3) I am the OP and I am God so I simply wave a magic wand creating a time space continuum whereby I harness the cosmic energies of ... Well who cares; the point is the problem just goes away. I think I might actually favor that solution. Thoughts?

Accepted.

Otherwise accepted.

Accepted.

I can explain about Aemon's age being off. Remember in the last one, we changed Aemon's age so it would make sense for him to have a teenage daughter?
Prophet of Lavanthulhu -- A Proud Portal Nationalist -- Bet on Bernie 2016

Arana wrote:Fuck you and your raps,
And all your stupid rhyming.
Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*
Seventeen year old probably straight Christian socialist from New England.

"Aran is basically a very pissed-off Chihuahua combined with a bisexual Billy Graham, minus the bisexuality." -Lavan Tiri

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Novae Vitae wrote:In that case, I'll give time to see if anyone comes around interested in playing Margaery. :)

Until someone do you can, as head of the family, chose to RP her when/if you need to. First player to app for a house can RP any of its characters until such a time as someone else apply to play as some of the characters.
Arana wrote:I can explain about Aemon's age being off. Remember in the last one, we changed Aemon's age so it would make sense for him to have a teenage daughter?

Yes I remember that and with the old age of twenty four he could have been born just around a year into Jon and Daenerys's marriage. As I said the simplest way to fix the problem would probably just be to revert Aemon to twenty eight. But I have gotten used to RP him as a reasonably levelheaded and mature adult and have plans for his teenage daughter, why I am partial to waving a magic wand and have the problem ... Just go away.
Nation RP name

Kentsland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentsland » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:58 pm

NS Nation Name: Kentsland
Character Name:Brenn Blanetree
Title: Ser
House Allegiance: Soon-to-be Night's Watch, House Blanetree of Blanetree
Appearance: Tall and average build with short chestnut hair and like-colored eyes. He has a short beard.
Biography: The second son to the Lord of House Blanetree, a knightly house from the Riverlands. At the age of 15, he became a squire to a Knight from House Blackwood- Ser Raymen Blackwood. When the Tyrell Rebellion began 3 years later (Year 318), Brenn and the Blackwood Knight faght on the behalf of the Targaryens. Ser Raymen was hit in the leg with an ax while fighting. Brenn miraculously managed to fight off two attackers and bring Raymen to safety. Raymen barely managed to live, although struggled to walk thereafter-let alone fight. Discharged from service, Brenn protected Ser Raymen on their trip back to Raventree Hall. With the loyalists eventually crushed, House Blackwood surrendered and were pardoned. Nonetheless, Ser Raymen was impressed with Brenn's valor and knighted him at the heed of Raymen's nephew, the Lord of Raventree Hall.

Brenn returned home to Blanetree as a Knight at the age of 20. Craving his father's satisfaction, Brenn was ruined when his father still paid him little attention. Regardless, he was named Captain of the Guards by his father when he was 23. He continued to serve the post for his brother when his father died. In the year 329-at the age of 29-Brenn and his elder brother's arguments got stronger and more violent, which ultimately led to him leaving/being removed from the post of Captain of the Guards. Ousted from Blanetree, Ser Brenn served as a hedge knight for a couple of months before realizing it was not for him. Having always felt inferior to his brother, Brenn wanted to serve where he could rise to a respectable position even higher than his brother. After remembering the tales of the Night's Watch and the valor of murdered king Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen told to him by Ser Raymen, Ser Brenn is heading to the Wall.

Any Additional Information: Tired of always being treated like a second fiddle to his brother by his parents, and later by his brother, Ser Brenn wants to create his own future and name, going someplace where his brother can't control him. He despised the arrogancy and pompousness of his brother, despite sometimes displaying the trait himself. He can be described as being hotheaded and quick-tempered, although regardless, he's known to be courageous and righteous.

I intend for the first bit he'll be traveling north to join the Wall and we'll go from there. I'm hoping for some interesting character interactions on his way north! (Anyone in the riverlands, neck, or north!)

Also, what's the story with the Others? Did they sink back into the land of always winter or were they defeated? And 1)Are there only 3 castles manned or more like in ADWD and 2)Are there wildlings on the gift like Stannis planned
Last edited by Kentsland on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arana
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:47 pm

Who is holding Harrenhal at the beginning and end of the Tyrell Rebellion?

Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*

"Aran is basically a very pissed-off Chihuahua combined with a bisexual Billy Graham, minus the bisexuality." -Lavan Tiri

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Eh, I'm personally against Magic-Wand waving to solve the problem; now a blood sacrifice on the other hands...

Anyways, the Baratheon-Swanns! (Or whatever we end up agreeing to call them!)

NS Nation Name: New Granadeseret
House Name: House Baratheon-Swann
Leader: Lord Paramount Steffon Baratheon-Swann.
Lands: Seat at Storm's End, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands
Overlord, if any: Aerion, First of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men; Lord of the Seven Kingdoms
Coat of Arms: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/2/2e/ ... l_coat.png

Character Name: Steffon Baratheon-Swann
Nickname, if any: Wisdom
Title, if any: Lord of Storm's End, Protector of Stonehelm, and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands
House Allegiance: Baratheon-Swann
Appearance:
http://s230.photobucket.com/user/Razgri47/media/Dolls/AnimeGuyMagiScholar.jpg.html

Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) The unfortunate child of former Princess Shireen, in another time perhaps Steffon would be sitting up on the Iron Throne himself. Sadly, that birthright was stolen when his grandfather, King Stannis Baratheon, met his fate at the blade of a faceless assassin. Rather than become the pawn of those factions who opposed the Targaryan rule to power, Shireen was taken from King's Landing in the dead of night by these second son of one of his Stormland lords; Donnel of House Swann, holed up in the fortress of Dragonstone while Maester Pylos remained as a representative in new court of John Targaryen, seeking to reach some kind of terms which would allow for at least one of the three branches of the ancient house Baratheon to survive. Thankfully; young, sickly, and a woman to boot, Shireen could easily pass as a non-threat and was allowed to maintain her family's ancestral rule over the Stormlands, in exchange for surrendering the Targaryen's ancestral lands in the Narrow Sea. Having fallen in love with her valiant rescuer and protector during her escape to and stay in Dragonstone; and the sworn servents of House Baratheon eager to get an heir to the house, Shireen and Donnel were wed witin a few months of returning to King's Landing, reducing their house's presence in King's Landing to an absolute minimum in a desperate attempt to avoid any appearance of scheming.

Steffon was born out of this union in 306 AAL, on one of the rare, completely calm nights in Storm's End. Though the labor was difficult, his mother survived the ordeal, naming him after his grandfather in hopes he would carry on the Baratheon spirit. Sadly, she would not last much longer, as she died in labor two years later giving birth to his younger sister, leaving the House's existence hanging by a thread. Pained by the lose of his wife and his sense of knightly duty showing itself, Donnel raised his two children in a very sheltered environment, taking a much more involved role in their upbringing than befit his station. Always supervised and rarely allowed to leave Storm's End, Steffon was largely isolate from other boys his age, with their adventures and games of fighting. Instead, from a young age, he quickly took the Maester's tower and the lectures and ceremonies of Priestess Melisandre to satisfy his curiosity and stave off boredom. Literate by the age of 7 and constantly versing himself in the religious and scientific arts, he delved deeply into the castle archives, sending out for exotic and mysterious books from across the Narrow Sea, the Citadel, and even the Alchemist's guild when the fancy struck him. While allowed to attend court, particularly to watch his father issue judgement and attend advisor meetings; Donnel's way of preparing him for taking the position one day, even once he'd become a man grown he's kept away from tourneys, and his Maester and guards never far from his side during feasts. This sort of unmanly behavior, alongside his feminine physic (as a result of no real martial training) and soft-spoken attitude has lead to several rumors about his
'preferences', complicated by the fact that he's never left alone with a woman from another house (paranoia about an assassination attempt still well on people's minds); being one of the main reasons he has yet to wed despite the House's need of heirs.

During the Tyrell rebellion, House Baratheon was courted by both sides, seeking to exploit any possible benefit Steffon's arguable claim to the throne could bring. Though his father, age starting to chip away at his fighting ability, pressed for weighing in on the Tyrell's side in hopes of regaining the Baratheon throne, he was unable to push Steffon; 15 and old enough that the fear of fighting his instructors had taught him was beat firmly into his mind, but not old enough to overcome it, to agree: utterly paralyzed by the thought of having to lead an army. Instead, he declared he would attend the Alchemist's Guild; the Citadel and Faith being unacceptable to his father and council, as it would leave House Baratheon with no male heir for the second generation in a row. Taken to King's Landing in disguise, he spent the next 5 years studying their ancient arts, learning what he could of chemistry, medicine, and lore from the Pyromancers, devoting himself to trying to unlock their secrets and studying what old magic could be revived, now that the return of dragons to the world gave some strength to the old formula. He only returned to Storm's End when Donnel died to a failure of the heart, to succeed him as Lord of Storm's End.

From a combination of his over-regulated upbringing and scholarly training, Steffon would largely be considered a disgrace to the Baratheon family name; weak, soft-spoken, and craven, he is completely out of place in the world of courtly intrigue; a far better administrator than leader. He has little interest in commanding his house, more attracted to the mysteries of alchemy and history. However, he has also inherited his grandfather's sense of duty, and preforms his responsibilities with dignity and the attention they deserve (even if not the aptitude). Though not keen to exploit others, he is also hardly a pushover himself; well-aware that those from other houses might wish to harm him, or put him and his people in harm's way for their own gains. Like the fortress he occupies, he stands firm against the storm from either side, wishing only for peace and harmony. He has only a few sore spots that set off his temper; namely, those who sound insult his sister or mock his faith, which cause him to, calmly and collectively, order somebody in his service to explain to them the error of their ways.

Any Additional Information: A devout follower of the Lord of Light, having been thoroughly indoctrinated by Lady Melisandre in his youth. Still unmarried and rumored to be attracted to the same sort, but actually just paranoid of commitment to a foreign alliance.

---

Character Name: Lassa Baratheon-Swann

Nickname, if any: N/A

Title, if any: Lady-Apparent of Strom's End

Appearance:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/01/a1/63/01a163d32268e7659fe6756a8a5bc301.jpg(Though dressed in pastille yellow and black)

Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) Lassa was born the second and final child of former princess Shireen; the stress of the second birth combined with her resurgence of her greyscale proving to much for the lady, who died mere moments after Lassa entered the world. Raised under the same close watch as her brother, perhaps even closer with all the protections afforded a young lady, much of her childhood was spent in highly-structured, traditional lady-like activities such as dance, embroidery, and music. Though she remained close to her brother throughout, she found herself less able to connect with her tutors; as the usual warnings to be wary of men (common enough for women of every social stripe) combined with her house's specific brand of being risk-adverse, developing into what amounted to a mild case of paranoia. Early attempts to use her beauty to find a good husband on the courting scene backfired, as she proved incapable of socializing with them in a normal way. This problem only grew more intense when Steffon left to attend the Alchemist Guild, forced to bare the brunt of the diplomatic assult on Storm's End to the point she would retreat into her chambers of weeks at a time, saying nothing, eating little, and painting whatever storybook scenes or landscapes she could find in an effort to produce calmness and order.

Once puberty hit, however, she found herself in a confusing situation; suddenly wanting to be around others, but both embarrassed of her previous, unladylike behavior and frightened of their intentions. Slowly, with the guidance of a small group of trusted guards, handmaindens, and the calming Lady Melisandre, she's starting to come out of her shell; able to speak with others just fine, so long as they are not looking at her: as she's become worried about her appearance; her fascination with stories and artwork combined with a lower sense of self-esteem giving her a completely unrealistic expectation of how a lady should look. She takes compliments poorly, always wondering the intent behind them, but is otherwise a skilled conversationalist: if a passive one.

By and large, Lassa is a good, traditional lady in her desires; wanting to create and embody beauty and find a good husband. However, she is even more politically done-deaf than her brother, equally suspicious of everybody outside her small circle. She is well-versed in art and culture, as well as everything a good lady ought to be. She is easily startled, has extremely mixed and unpredictable feelings about violence (The glory in her stories vs. the dread of danger her upbringing instilled in her), and has a fascination with Lysian culture (Though the later isen't well known)

Any Additional Information: Extremely self-conscious about being looked at, particularly about making eye contact with people: you have to get her very used to your presence over multiple visits before she will look at you, unless you've already established trust (This small group basically consists of her brother, handmaidens, and guardians). If put in a situation where people are trying to, she tends to run away if possible, or lash out feebly like a scared animal. An extremely fine painter

@Kentsland: Jon, Melisandre, and Dany combined their skills, magic, and massive fire-breathing lizards to drive their forces away (Some vague Battle of the Wall or something), or at least that was an idea that had been discussed. I know Arana had some plans involving still-living elements of them, but suffice to say the North isen't any more of a frozen waste then usual.
Last edited by New Granadeseret on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stannis was robbed.

Arana
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:02 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:Eh, I'm personally against Magic-Wand waving to solve the problem; now a blood sacrifice on the other hands...

Anyways, the Baratheon-Swanns! (Or whatever we end up agreeing to call them!)

House Name: House Baratheon-Swann
Leader: Lord Paramount Steffon Baratheon-Swann.
Lands: Seat at Storm's End, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands
Overlord, if any: Aerion, First of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men; Lord of the Seven Kingdoms
Coat of Arms: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/2/2e/ ... l_coat.png

Character Name: Steffon Baratheon-Swann
Nickname, if any: Wisdom
Title, if any: Lord of Storm's End, Protector of Stonehelm, and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands
Appearance:
http://s230.photobucket.com/user/Razgri47/media/Dolls/AnimeGuyMagiScholar.jpg.html

Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) The unfortunate child of former Princess Shireen, in another time perhaps Steffon would be sitting up on the Iron Throne himself. Sadly, that birthright was stolen when his grandfather, King Stannis Baratheon, met his fate at the blade of a faceless assassin. Rather than become the pawn of those factions who opposed the Targaryan rule to power, Shireen was taken from King's Landing in the dead of night by these second son of one of his Stormland lords; Donnel of House Swann, holed up in the fortress of Dragonstone while Maester Pylos remained as a representative in new court of John Targaryen, seeking to reach some kind of terms which would allow for at least one of the three branches of the ancient house Baratheon to survive. Thankfully; young, sickly, and a woman to boot, Shireen could easily pass as a non-threat and was allowed to maintain her family's ancestral rule over the Stormlands, in exchange for surrendering the Targaryen's ancestral lands in the Narrow Sea. Having fallen in love with her valiant rescuer and protector during her escape to and stay in Dragonstone; and the sworn servents of House Baratheon eager to get an heir to the house, Shireen and Donnel were wed witin a few months of returning to King's Landing, reducing their house's presence in King's Landing to an absolute minimum in a desperate attempt to avoid any appearance of scheming.

Steffon was born out of this union in 306 AAL, on one of the rare, completely calm nights in Storm's End. Though the labor was difficult, his mother survived the ordeal, naming him after his grandfather in hopes he would carry on the Baratheon spirit. Sadly, she would not last much longer, as she died in labor two years later giving birth to his younger sister, leaving the House's existence hanging by a thread. Pained by the lose of his wife and his sense of knightly duty showing itself, Donnel raised his two children in a very sheltered environment, taking a much more involved role in their upbringing than befit his station. Always supervised and rarely allowed to leave Storm's End, Steffon was largely isolate from other boys his age, with their adventures and games of fighting. Instead, from a young age, he quickly took the Maester's tower and the lectures and ceremonies of Priestess Melisandre to satisfy his curiosity and stave off boredom. Literate by the age of 7 and constantly versing himself in the religious and scientific arts, he delved deeply into the castle archives, sending out for exotic and mysterious books from across the Narrow Sea, the Citadel, and even the Alchemist's guild when the fancy struck him. While allowed to attend court, particularly to watch his father issue judgement and attend advisor meetings; Donnel's way of preparing him for taking the position one day, even once he'd become a man grown he's kept away from tourneys, and his Maester and guards never far from his side during feasts. This sort of unmanly behavior, alongside his feminine physic (as a result of no real martial training) and soft-spoken attitude has lead to several rumors about his
'preferences', complicated by the fact that he's never left alone with a woman from another house (paranoia about an assassination attempt still well on people's minds); being one of the main reasons he has yet to wed despite the House's need of heirs.

During the Tyrell rebellion, House Baratheon was courted by both sides, seeking to exploit any possible benefit Steffon's arguable claim to the throne could bring. Though his father, age starting to chip away at his fighting ability, pressed for weighing in on the Tyrell's side in hopes of regaining the Baratheon throne, he was unable to push Steffon; 15 and old enough that the fear of fighting his instructors had taught him was beat firmly into his mind, but not old enough to overcome it, to agree: utterly paralyzed by the thought of having to lead an army. Instead, he declared he would attend the Alchemist's Guild; the Citadel and Faith being unacceptable to his father and council, as it would leave House Baratheon with no male heir for the second generation in a row. Taken to King's Landing in disguise, he spent the next 5 years studying their ancient arts, learning what he could of chemistry, medicine, and lore from the Pyromancers, devoting himself to trying to unlock their secrets and studying what old magic could be revived, now that the return of dragons to the world gave some strength to the old formula. He only returned to Storm's End when Donnel died to a failure of the heart, to succeed him as Lord of Storm's End.

From a combination of his over-regulated upbringing and scholarly training, Steffon would largely be considered a disgrace to the Baratheon family name; weak, soft-spoken, and craven, he is completely out of place in the world of courtly intrigue; a far better administrator than leader. He has little interest in commanding his house, more attracted to the mysteries of alchemy and history. However, he has also inherited his grandfather's sense of duty, and preforms his responsibilities with dignity and the attention they deserve (even if not the aptitude). Though not keen to exploit others, he is also hardly a pushover himself; well-aware that those from other houses might wish to harm him, or put him and his people in harm's way for their own gains. Like the fortress he occupies, he stands firm against the storm from either side, wishing only for peace and harmony. He has only a few sore spots that set off his temper; namely, those who sound insult his sister or mock his faith, which cause him to, calmly and collectively, order somebody in his service to explain to them the error of their ways.

Any Additional Information: A devout follower of the Lord of Light, having been thoroughly indoctrinated by Lady Melisandre in his youth. Still unmarried and rumored to be attracted to the same sort, but actually just paranoid of commitment to a foreign alliance.

---

Character Name: Lassa Baratheon-Swann

Nickname, if any: N/A

Title, if any: Lady-Apparent of Strom's End

Appearance:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/01/a1/63/01a163d32268e7659fe6756a8a5bc301.jpg(Though dressed in pastille yellow and black)

Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) Lassa was born the second and final child of former princess Shireen; the stress of the second birth combined with her resurgence of her greyscale proving to much for the lady, who died mere moments after Lassa entered the world. Raised under the same close watch as her brother, perhaps even closer with all the protections afforded a young lady, much of her childhood was spent in highly-structured, traditional lady-like activities such as dance, embroidery, and music. Though she remained close to her brother throughout, she found herself less able to connect with her tutors; as the usual warnings to be wary of men (common enough for women of every social stripe) combined with her house's specific brand of being risk-adverse, developing into what amounted to a mild case of paranoia. Early attempts to use her beauty to find a good husband on the courting scene backfired, as she proved incapable of socializing with them in a normal way. This problem only grew more intense when Steffon left to attend the Alchemist Guild, forced to bare the brunt of the diplomatic assult on Storm's End to the point she would retreat into her chambers of weeks at a time, saying nothing, eating little, and painting whatever storybook scenes or landscapes she could find in an effort to produce calmness and order.

Once puberty hit, however, she found herself in a confusing situation; suddenly wanting to be around others, but both embarrassed of her previous, unladylike behavior and frightened of their intentions. Slowly, with the guidance of a small group of trusted guards, handmaindens, and the calming Lady Melisandre, she's starting to come out of her shell; able to speak with others just fine, so long as they are not looking at her: as she's become worried about her appearance; her fascination with stories and artwork combined with a lower sense of self-esteem giving her a completely unrealistic expectation of how a lady should look. She takes compliments poorly, always wondering the intent behind them, but is otherwise a skilled conversationalist: if a passive one.

By and large, Lassa is a good, traditional lady in her desires; wanting to create and embody beauty and find a good husband. However, she is even more politically done-deaf than her brother, equally suspicious of everybody outside her small circle. She is well-versed in art and culture, as well as everything a good lady ought to be. She is easily startled, has extremely mixed and unpredictable feelings about violence (The glory in her stories vs. the dread of danger her upbringing instilled in her), and has a fascination with Lysian culture (Though the later isen't well known)

Any Additional Information: Extremely self-conscious about being looked at, particularly about making eye contact with people: you have to get her very used to your presence over multiple visits before she will look at you, unless you've already established trust (This small group basically consists of her brother, handmaidens, and guardians). If put in a situation where people are trying to, she tends to run away if possible, or lash out feebly like a scared animal. An extremely fine painter

Any intention of being Melisandre again?

Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:03 pm

NS Nation Name: The United Eastern States of Europe
Faction Name: House Welnhelm
Faction Type: (city-state/sellsword company/pirate/khalasar/etc.) Noble House
Leader(s): Stephen Welnhelm I
Territory (if applicable): The Three Sisters
Overlord, if any: House Arryn
Coat of Arms: http://imgur.com/iuicxI3

NS Nation Name: See Above
Character Name: Stephen Welnhelm
Title(s): Lord of The Sisters, Lord of Sisterton
House Allegiance: House Arryn
Appearance: http://imgur.com/fi5jG21
Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) The Sisters were known for their lack of loyalty, a rebellion always seemed inevitable. With the death of Lady Lysa Arryn and a sickly young boy ruling the vale, House Sunderland tried their luck. The Knights of the Vale couldn't land on the Islands and a standoff began to form. House Welnhelm, often mocked by the lords of the Vale for their belief in R'hllor, was among the Knights.

It was Ser Stephen who suggested using 'fire ships' to destroy the Sisterman navy. When the ships were sent, the Sisterman navy broke up, and the Vale fleet quickly dispatched what was left. The Knights landed on the sisters, and Stephen lead the vanguard in the Assault of Sisterton. With House Sunderland dead from the fighting, a new Lord was appointed to the sisters. With the other Knight's recommendations, Stephen became Lord.

House Welnhelm brought loyalty with them to Sisterton, and Stephen has always followed House Arryn loyally. At the age of 18, he wed Ariana Pryor. Her Lord father couldn't find her a match from any noble house, so he settled for Stephen. With Ariana, he had three children. One sickly boy, whom he named Orys. One sickly girl who died at 8, whom was named Christine. Finally, a smart young girl, named Lysa in memory of the House he served.

Ariana died in childbirth, making Stephen turn to his faith more. Few Septs remained in The Sisters, with Red Temples replacing them everywhere. Orys was raised for command whilst Lysa was trained as a lady-in-waiting. Stephen has grown old and can't fight like he used to, but he remains ready for House Arryn should they need him.
Any Additional Information: Worships R'hllor and is known for being a diplomat now his years have taken away his fighting ability. Holds the ancestral sword of his house, Loyalty, a sword forged from Valeman steel. Stephen always wants to improve his Houses standing, but will not betray any to whom he has sworn allegiance.
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Kentsland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentsland » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:17 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:@Kentsland: Jon, Melisandre, and Dany combined their skills, magic, and massive fire-breathing lizards to drive their forces away (Some vague Battle of the Wall or something), or at least that was an idea that had been discussed. I know Arana had some plans involving still-living elements of them, but suffice to say the North isen't any more of a frozen waste then usual.

Alright, I can work with that, and hopefully anyone else who goes the Night's Watch route. I'd love there to be Others remaining in some kind of (reduced) context, making the story up there a little more interesting than just wildling raiders :P I'm also assuming since Jon became King and because of the Others threat, the NW is taken a little bit more seriously now?

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:27 pm

The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:NS Nation Name: The United Eastern States of Europe
Faction Name: House Welnhelm
Faction Type: (city-state/sellsword company/pirate/khalasar/etc.) Noble House
Leader(s): Stephen Welnhelm I
Territory (if applicable): The Three Sisters
Overlord, if any: House Arryn
Coat of Arms: http://imgur.com/iuicxI3

NS Nation Name: See Above
Character Name: Stephen Welnhelm
Title(s): Lord of The Sisters, Lord of Sisterton
House Allegiance: House Arryn
Appearance: http://imgur.com/fi5jG21
Biography (At least 2 well written paragraphs) The Sisters were known for their lack of loyalty, a rebellion always seemed inevitable. With the death of Lady Lysa Arryn and a sickly young boy ruling the vale, House Sunderland tried their luck. The Knights of the Vale couldn't land on the Islands and a standoff began to form. House Welnhelm, often mocked by the lords of the Vale for their belief in R'hllor, was among the Knights.

It was Ser Stephen who suggested using 'fire ships' to destroy the Sisterman navy. When the ships were sent, the Sisterman navy broke up, and the Vale fleet quickly dispatched what was left. The Knights landed on the sisters, and Stephen lead the vanguard in the Assault of Sisterton. With House Sunderland dead from the fighting, a new Lord was appointed to the sisters. With the other Knight's recommendations, Stephen became Lord.

House Welnhelm brought loyalty with them to Sisterton, and Stephen has always followed House Arryn loyally. At the age of 18, he wed Ariana Pryor. Her Lord father couldn't find her a match from any noble house, so he settled for Stephen. With Ariana, he had three children. One sickly boy, whom he named Orys. One sickly girl who died at 8, whom was named Christine. Finally, a smart young girl, named Lysa in memory of the House he served.

Ariana died in childbirth, making Stephen turn to his faith more. Few Septs remained in The Sisters, with Red Temples replacing them everywhere. Orys was raised for command whilst Lysa was trained as a lady-in-waiting. Stephen has grown old and can't fight like he used to, but he remains ready for House Arryn should they need him.
Any Additional Information: Worships R'hllor and is known for being a diplomat now his years have taken away his fighting ability. Holds the ancestral sword of his house, Loyalty, a sword forged from Valeman steel. Stephen always wants to improve his Houses standing, but will not betray any to whom he has sworn allegiance.

Just as a note, but I don't think Sansa (whispering into the ear of Lord Harrold) would raise a follower of R'hllor to a position as noteworthy Lord of the Three Sisters (not just a bit of land there, but the three whole islands). It would alienate the Faith and the even the least pious bannermen within The Vale, having someone who worshipped a strange Red God. He'd have better luck in the Crownlands or the Stormlands due to the influence of the Baratheons that have stemmed from Stannis.

The other thing is that The Sister have very little cause to rebel. Historically, they may have, but right now relations between the Sistermen and the Valemen aren't at the point. In the recent Alayne Stone excerpt, there are Sistermen very much present at the tourney and we don't hear much of the Sistermen being unruly like the Wildings, the Skagosi or the Vale Mountain Clans. If relations were that contentious, they may have done. It might be better if he made his name against the Mountain Clans, then have a Lordship or Landed Knighthood granted to him. EDIT: Add to the fact that Triston Sunderland is very much concerned with enriching his empty pockets and his seven sons wish to be knights anoited in the light of the Seven, and I don't really see how a rebellion could stem from that.
Last edited by Wolfmanne on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:
The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:

Just as a note, but I don't think Sansa (whispering into the ear of Lord Harrold) would raise a follower of R'hllor to a position as noteworthy Lord of the Three Sisters (not just a bit of land there, but the three whole islands). It would alienate the Faith and the even the least pious bannermen within The Vale, having someone who worshipped a strange Red God. He'd have better luck in the Crownlands or the Stormlands due to the influence of the Baratheons that have stemmed from Stannis.

The other thing is that The Sister have very little cause to rebel. Historically, they may have, but right now relations between the Sistermen and the Valemen aren't at the point. In the recent Alayne Stone excerpt, there are Sistermen very much present at the tourney and we don't hear much of the Sistermen being unruly like the Wildings, the Skagosi or the Vale Mountain Clans. If relations were that contentious, they may have done. It might be better if he made his name against the Mountain Clans, then have a Lordship or Landed Knighthood granted to him. EDIT: Add to the fact that Triston Sunderland is very much concerned with enriching his empty pockets and his seven sons wish to be knights anoited in the light of the Seven, and I don't really see how a rebellion could stem from that.

All very true. I'll fix it.
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:40 pm

The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:Just as a note, but I don't think Sansa (whispering into the ear of Lord Harrold) would raise a follower of R'hllor to a position as noteworthy Lord of the Three Sisters (not just a bit of land there, but the three whole islands). It would alienate the Faith and the even the least pious bannermen within The Vale, having someone who worshipped a strange Red God. He'd have better luck in the Crownlands or the Stormlands due to the influence of the Baratheons that have stemmed from Stannis.

All very true. I'll fix it.

Just a suggestion, but he could start out a knight from The Vale (perhaps from Gulltown as one of the many houses located there) that had is made the new Lord of Harrenhal until the Tyrell Rebellion, fighting bravely or something when Harrold Arryn presumably took it in the closing stages of the War of Five Kings. If anything, his faith in R'hllor could had made this easier for Stannis to name him as such. He rules as Lord of Harrenhal until forced to turn it back to Little Baelish (Arana's character). Welnhelm is welcomed to the Eyrie as the exiled and rightful Lord of Harrenhal, is given a holdfast and a position at court (Knight of the Gate maybe?).

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Finally. Character apps have been done (all 11, although lower quality than normal due to the number).
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Tagity.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse