NATION

PASSWORD

Fall of the Portal (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Fall of the Portal (IC)

Postby Asterdan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:52 pm

(OOC: Do not post in this thread unless you have been accepted in the OOC thread)

Everyone knows of the Marvel Multiverse, DC Multiverse, and other Multiverses. In reality, they are all part of one big Multiverse, they are simply similar enough to have their own little bubble of Multiverses. The Multiverse is wonderous place for those with the ability to see it and manipulate it, for those who cannot it is a mere concept.

There is one place where many different Multiverses connect, this place is called the Portal, the Portal to the Multiverse. It is ruled over by near-omnipotent entities known only as "the Mods". These are beings with great power, power so great they are able to freeze entire Universes in time, or "Lock" them, as it called. They are even able to remove Universes from existence, known as "Deleting" them. They live and strive to provide for the greater good of the Portal.

Recently, however, something terrible has happened. A darkness has infiltrated the hearts, minds and souls of the Mods, turning them evil. Seeing this, another being, known as the Gatekeeper, who resides in the inter-dimensional port known as the Traveler's Cafe, has elected to bring help from Universe-Prime, the original universe where all the Worlds of the Portal to the Multiverse were created, the residents controlled by the beings from Universe-Prime.

By pulling in the Creators, known as OP's or Chars, the Gatekeeper, who calls himself Esternial, hoped to fight the Dark Mods with the only people who could possibly stop them!

Asterdan sat quietly, typing up the finishing touches to the opening post of his new RP. He smiled, thinking of all of his internet acquaintances who had joined the RP, and how skilled many of them were. Aster had finished typing it up and was just about to press submit when it happened. He blinked once, and in that short amount of time something changed. When he opened his eyes, he noticed that he was no longer in his room. Instead when he looked around he saw the makings of a Cafe. Aster glanced around, trying to figure out where he was, which was when he saw the Alpaca man.

Asterdan was confused, wondering if perhaps he had eaten something that was causing hallucinations. He couldn't think of any, so he just went with it, wondering what was happening.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Atria sat in his room typing away at his keyboard. He had just relaunched the reboot of the most well received RP he had ever hosted and what went from his room to a Cafe of sorts. Never once in his life was he so happy that he was wearing pants. "What in the hell?" He muttered and looked around. "Is this Starbucks? I don't like coffee. And I need to go back home ASAP. I have work tomorrow." He muttered and saw another man who hopefully had some answers. "Hey buddy. I'd like to know a few things. One. I want to know where I am. Two. I want to know how I got here when not two seconds ago I was in my room on my computer about to play Bloodborne. And lastly. Why I'm here in a coffee shop. I don't like coffee." He said trying not to be rude, but being taken from one's home without prior consent was considered kidnapping in most places. And is also considered to be rude.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:12 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Atria sat in his room typing away at his keyboard. He had just relaunched the reboot of the most well received RP he had ever hosted and what went from his room to a Cafe of sorts. Never once in his life was he so happy that he was wearing pants. "What in the hell?" He muttered and looked around. "Is this Starbucks? I don't like coffee. And I need to go back home ASAP. I have work tomorrow." He muttered and saw another man who hopefully had some answers. "Hey buddy. I'd like to know a few things. One. I want to know where I am. Two. I want to know how I got here when not two seconds ago I was in my room on my computer about to play Bloodborne. And lastly. Why I'm here in a coffee shop. I don't like coffee." He said trying not to be rude, but being taken from one's home without prior consent was considered kidnapping in most places. And is also considered to be rude.

Aster turned around, hearing someone else arrive, and walked over to him. As there was no one else, and no one else had posted yet, Aster assumed that the guy was referring the questions to him. He walked over, still trying to figure out what was happening.

"One, I have no clue," he began, "Two, I don't know, I was just posting a new RP on NationStates when it happened to me. And lastly, I wish I knew, but maybe they have some decent pastries!"

Asterdan brightened up at the thought of food, although he had just eaten about half an hour prior. He glanced about, noticing a small counter, and quickly ran over to get some donuts, or maybe just some really sweet and buttery bread. Either way, he enjoyed the delicacy as he returned to the other person.

"We need to figure out what's going on, though." he said.

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Sun grinned, as he scrolled through his of posts. Not only had an exciting new RP gained a new post, that post had contained the link to the IC thread! Yawning, he glanced at the clock: 10 P.M. Ah well, it looked as if the RP would have to wait. Snapping the lid of his laptop shut, he smoothed down his grey, fleecy sweater and strode into the kitchen, looking for a drink or light snack before bed. Rummaging through his fridge, he picked out a cup of steaming hot coffee and turned to face the rest of the cafe, scanning the crowded room for his seat.

Waaaaiiiiiitttt a minute. This isn't right! Just a moment ago, I was SURE that I ordered tea. I HATE coffee. Why would I order one...in a...place like this...

Looking around, he slowly placed the coffee down on a nearby table, before winding his way through the crowd back to what was ostensibly his own table. It sure had is own laptop on it, at least.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Asterdan wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:Atria sat in his room typing away at his keyboard. He had just relaunched the reboot of the most well received RP he had ever hosted and what went from his room to a Cafe of sorts. Never once in his life was he so happy that he was wearing pants. "What in the hell?" He muttered and looked around. "Is this Starbucks? I don't like coffee. And I need to go back home ASAP. I have work tomorrow." He muttered and saw another man who hopefully had some answers. "Hey buddy. I'd like to know a few things. One. I want to know where I am. Two. I want to know how I got here when not two seconds ago I was in my room on my computer about to play Bloodborne. And lastly. Why I'm here in a coffee shop. I don't like coffee." He said trying not to be rude, but being taken from one's home without prior consent was considered kidnapping in most places. And is also considered to be rude.

Aster turned around, hearing someone else arrive, and walked over to him. As there was no one else, and no one else had posted yet, Aster assumed that the guy was referring the questions to him. He walked over, still trying to figure out what was happening.

"One, I have no clue," he began, "Two, I don't know, I was just posting a new RP on NationStates when it happened to me. And lastly, I wish I knew, but maybe they have some decent pastries!"

Asterdan brightened up at the thought of food, although he had just eaten about half an hour prior. He glanced about, noticing a small counter, and quickly ran over to get some donuts, or maybe just some really sweet and buttery bread. Either way, he enjoyed the delicacy as he returned to the other person.

"We need to figure out what's going on, though." he said.

"Woah... Really? I was doing the same exact thing. Rebooted Infinite Justice! A Marvel, DC, and Dragon Ball Z Crossover. Last time I created a character who was basically the Flash. My favorite superhero. But his outfit was Blue and Black rather than red and yellow. Still used the broken as hell Speed Force though. In the new one. My character is based off of the Sentry." He said and grabbed something from the counter. "And since they took me from my house without asking. I'm taking a doughnut without asking. And If I don't get some answers soon, I'm going to have to find someone to shove a brick into. Like the people who installed my internet. AT&T. Someone needs to have a brick shoved where the sun don't shine. Mostly because my internet is about as stable as a one legged horse on a unicycle. But enough about me. What Rp were you hosting?"

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:21 pm

It was a reasonably fine day for Alex*. For once, his housemates had done their dishes and the kitchen was spic and span, which was a welcome change of scenery. Unfortunately, with a busy day ahead, he had little time to enjoy it. Hurriedly he ate his breakfast, an orange and some leftover bread, before he dove into his work - or rather, behind his computer. Doing a quick check on Statelands was like checking his mails, and with an upcoming RP, Alex was preparing himself for a decent bout of writing.

Tumble of the Gateway. A multiverse RP. Those things were always confusing. Glancing at the clock, he pondered whether or not he should be a little more productive, but doing a quick browse through this OOC could never hurt. To his pleasant surprise, Barkenis Ultimo was planning on joining, too.

Again he checked the clock. Time really did fl-

"What the funk?"

Looking over the rim of its glasses and the typewriter standing before it on a small round table, an alpaca momentarily paused the stride of its hooves to watch the sudden appearance of some very unusual denizens. For a moment he hesitated, but ultimately the ruminant stood up and tore out the paper from the typewriter. Some story about a random guy and some lame nation-simulation website was a stupid idea. Regardless, he was only passing the time anyway. Pressing matters had to be dealt with, and these newcomer played a key role in that.

"I hadn't expected you lot to be so..." the creature spoke, briefly pausing and eyeing one of them, "ugly"

"Most drink tea here. Coffee is optional, scalding and in the face."

The alpaca paused. It knew these stranger weren't from around here, so it was probably best not to overstimulate their simple primate brains with too much new information.

*alias name
Last edited by Esternial on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Tarn looked at his post ready to be well posted into the IC, he stopped for a moment looking at it. "Hmm maybe I should add a little more." Quietly typing on his keyboard as word were thrown together into a coherent sentence. Stopping as he grab his glass noticing it was empty as he got up and walked out of his room, only it wasn't his room...it was a cafe. He quietly dropped the mug as it smashed on the floor as he panicky back up quickly into the door he came out of only to noticed it was the kitchen of this establish. "Oh crap, oh crap this cant' be happening." He said quietly unsure of what to do.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Asterdan was just about to respond to the man when a few others appeared. One person dropped his mug, creating a mess and causing Aster sigh. If this had been F7, a gnome would have cleaned. Since it wasn't, though, the mug was left where it was. He noticed the Alpaca speaking, and calling them ugly. That wasn't something Aster liked to be reminded of, but right now probably wasn't the best time to argue with anyone.

"I'm L-er-Asterdan, by the way." he said to the boy he had been talking too.

Bill Weld 2020

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:15 pm

"I've never been judged by... That's either a llama or an Alpaca. Judging is rude. I don't judge you for pooping all over the floor. Or having all that hair. Also. Since when are Alpacas sentient? And capable of speech?" He said. "You know what. I'm going to write this off as a really weird dream. It's late and I probably fell asleep on my keyboard." He said and closed his eyes in an attempt to wake up from the dream. Which didn't come. "So this is real?" He asked letting out quite a long sigh. "And I don't' have my phone to say I'm not going to be able to make it to work tomorrow... This is someone's fault. And I'm seriously going to find out who is responsible, and... Kick in in the dick. A- Atria. By the way."

They were going by their user names if the other man was to be believed. Guess it made sense. Giving out personal details to random people you just met is how you wind up getting your bank account hijacked. Not something he was keen on since he was saving for laser eye surgery.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Temp was sitting in his room, in his chair, Turtle Beaches on, and rocking Destiny on the Xbox. Oh, and NS was there too, on the computer off to the side. But NS wasn't an FPS.

It could wait.

Silently, and for the fifth time today, Temp gripped his controller and exited the safe room to face Destiny's greatest threat (to date): Crota, Son of Oryx. He and his fireteam were on the final sword run. Scout, Sands, Dist, Help, and Malik were also concentrating.

"Swordbearer spotted! Right side!"

"Moving."

"He's down! Scout, Malik, get going."

"Temp, put the shield up."

Like a well-oiled Exo, the six veterans worked the raid like it was their bitch. Scout hopped up, slashed at the boss, and the expected rush happened.

"He's enraged."

"Take him down."

"Fire!"

"The Oversoul's too bright, we're not gonna make it!"

"Yes we are!"

Scout landed the final blow as the screen began fading to black. It brightened, announcing to the guardians that they had won. Crota Hard Mode had been defeated. As the loot flashed up, Temp refreshed his computer off to the side.

Next thing he knew, he was in a cafe with some weird people. Possibly in space. And his Xbox? Gone. Without a trace.

"What the fucking hell!? Where did it go!? Where am I!?" All this, and a few more choice expletives, flew from the teemager's mouth as he came to terms with his surroundings. A crowd was off to the side, a few guys talking to an animal. Temp kinda hated animals. Just the domestic ones that shed and shat all over the floor. But he still walked over, and asked the million dollar question:

"Hey, uh, where am I?"
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:03 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:"I've never been judged by... That's either a llama or an Alpaca. Judging is rude. I don't judge you for pooping all over the floor. Or having all that hair. Also. Since when are Alpacas sentient? And capable of speech?" He said. "You know what. I'm going to write this off as a really weird dream. It's late and I probably fell asleep on my keyboard." He said and closed his eyes in an attempt to wake up from the dream. Which didn't come. "So this is real?" He asked letting out quite a long sigh. "And I don't' have my phone to say I'm not going to be able to make it to work tomorrow... This is someone's fault. And I'm seriously going to find out who is responsible, and... Kick in in the dick. A- Atria. By the way."

They were going by their user names if the other man was to be believed. Guess it made sense. Giving out personal details to random people you just met is how you wind up getting your bank account hijacked. Not something he was keen on since he was saving for laser eye surgery.

"What if it's a girl? A kick in the dick wouldn't really be possible, now would it?" Aster said, smirking, "So, llama guy, what's going on? Why are we here? Who are you? And, most importantly, where the heck are we?!"

Aster was somewhat pissed, as he had been planning on meeting a girl the next day. If this forced him to miss that, he was going to have to side with Atria with that. He noticed a fourth person appear nearby. Waving over the guy who had dropped the mug and the newcomer, he figured that since they looked just as confused as him and Atria, they were likely in the same situation.

"I'm guessing you guys randomly appeared here too?" he asked, then extended his hand to each in turn, "Asterdan. And you are?"

Bill Weld 2020

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Finland was currently sleeping soundly in his bed, while the others were typing their posts. After all, it was 3 AM here in Finland, and he isn't that obsessed with NS. Well, actually, he is. The phone beeped and slowly waked him up. It was over 5 hours before the lectures begin - long enough for him to check his NS status.

The 6'4" man (Yes, that is my real height) slowly walked through his messy apartment, filled with mangas, orange peels, paper and unused toilet paper. His roommate is already out - all kinds of night work, like parties, you know? Anyway, Finland finally reached the coffee machine, and made himself a cup of rich, dark coffee, then walked back to his bed and picked up his phone.

11 percent left... nah, should be enough. With a few clicks, Finlond logged into the Forum, then skimmed through a bunch of useless F7 threads that he posted in once and are now clogging up his posts. Finally, P2TM! Let's see how many times he got insulted by Neros or Rob and how many people interacted with his character!

But suddenly... he found himself in a cafe. That's inconvenient. I mean, he's still in his pajamas and still drinking morning coffee. Finland took a sip like a gentleman and then shouted:

"What in the holy Arceus's golden cock happened?" I know, I know - stupid saying. There were a few others nearby. Maybe residents. I hope they can speak English...

"Excuse me, I'm kinda lost here. Can you tell me which imaginary way is back to Turku? If it even exists in this reality."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Asterdan wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:"I've never been judged by... That's either a llama or an Alpaca. Judging is rude. I don't judge you for pooping all over the floor. Or having all that hair. Also. Since when are Alpacas sentient? And capable of speech?" He said. "You know what. I'm going to write this off as a really weird dream. It's late and I probably fell asleep on my keyboard." He said and closed his eyes in an attempt to wake up from the dream. Which didn't come. "So this is real?" He asked letting out quite a long sigh. "And I don't' have my phone to say I'm not going to be able to make it to work tomorrow... This is someone's fault. And I'm seriously going to find out who is responsible, and... Kick in in the dick. A- Atria. By the way."

"What if it's a girl? A kick in the dick wouldn't really be possible, now would it?" Aster said, smirking, "So, llama guy, what's going on? Why are we here? Who are you? And, most importantly, where the heck are we?!"

Aster was somewhat pissed, as he had been planning on meeting a girl the next day. If this forced him to miss that, he was going to have to side with Atria with that. He noticed a fourth person appear nearby. Waving over the guy who had dropped the mug and the newcomer, he figured that since they looked just as confused as him and Atria, they were likely in the same situation.

"I'm guessing you guys randomly appeared here too?" he asked, then extended his hand to each in turn, "Asterdan. And you are?"

"Hey. I'm, uh, Temp." He shook Asterdan's hand, then looked to the llama. "Are you talking to that animal? Did you lose some brain cells on the way here? Or do animals normally talk back around here." Temp was joking, unaware that the creature had spoken moments before his arrival.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:20 am

Click

The young man was bored. Very bored. Terribly so. It was late at night and he, at least according to himself, had nothing better to do, and so he found himself checking NationStates, to see what his buddies had been up to in the roleplays he participated in. Alas, he soon found out that there was nothing new to be seen, which annoyed him greatly, and so, he found himself expectantly clicking on the round "Refresh" button for the nth time.

Click

He waited... Nothing. He sighed and closed his eyes for a second, which turned into five seconds, which turned into ten. He had been drifting between the realms of dreams and of wakefulness for a while now, feeling rather sleepy but never finally deciding to sleep, not yet feeling quite ready to die for the night. Thus, after a minute or so, his eyes went wide open as he realized he'd fallen asleep for a bit, and, yawning, he raised his head and looked at the screen, before remembering what his deal had been for the past several minutes. Nothing new on the screen. He hit the Refresh button again.

Click

Still nothing. By this point, Zark was seriously considering just going to sleep, in hopes that something interesting would have happened by the time he woke up. Maybe that bloody Brit would finally move on with the plot...

Zark paused his thoughts for a moment. He was pretty certain that he had been lying on his bed in front of the portable computer before. Now, however, he had the distinct feeling that he was no longer lying on his bed, but rather on something cold and hard and entirely unlike his bed.

His laptop was also not in front of him anymore.

"¿Que mierda?" He asked out loud, utterly confused, as he stood up and dusted himself off. Looking around, he noticed he was in an establishment of sorts, and also that he was not alone. At that moment, Zark suddenly became very self-conscious, looking down at himself and cursing silently. He was only wearing a white tank-top. He didn't feel comfortable walking around with only a white tank-top in public, but he figured he would have to deal with it, at least for the time being. The silver lining there was that at least his habit of not wearing pants while inside the house didn't get him that night, which meant that he had managed to save himself some pretty serious embarrassment.

Turning back to the other people present, and the llama, he shuffled his feet uncomfortably. "Um... ¿Hola?" He greeted. After musing for a moment, he spoke again. "Hello? Bonjour? Guten Tag? Asha Thrazi?" He said, just to be sure. He didn't speak half of those languages, but at least if they replied to him in a similar manner he would know that communication was pretty much a lost cause, though he hoped that wouldn't be the case.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:42 am

Dutch leaned back in his comfy chair, Xbox controller in hands. Truly, Battlefield 4 was infinitely better than Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. He nodded. Damn right. "You see, MrFakeColour, you have no right to say that Call of Duty is a better game. Your Gamerscore is below 200.."

"But-"

"Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of a skyscraper falling on top of me."

"Yeah but-"

"Nah."

Indeed, the brave American (hah!) soldier known only as thenoobbomb died there, buried beneath a fallen skyscraper. Dutch pulled off his headset and lay the controller down on the couch, grabbing his phone. Time to check NS. Closing the tab of a YLYL thread on /b/ (he really, really, really liked that banana), he went to NS, coincidentally the most visited website on his phone. Hitting that refresh button truly did wonders. Nothing new, though - some F7 threads, a bazillion new pages on TET, and he thought he couldmake out a shitposting Neros. He put his phone away and walked back towards his Xbox... except it wasn't there. Instead, there was a cafe, an alpaca, and some people he didn't recognize.

"Wat de fuck?" Dutch looked around, quite confused and very much pissed off.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:28 am

"Firstly and most importantly, I'm an alpaca. Get that wrong and I'll mace you in the face. Literally, with a mace." The ruminant said with slight scorn.

For a moment it waited before continuing. A lot of the new arrivals were incredibly confused, so it was best to let them catch their bearings and get used to this strange environment, maybe have a drink and a chat. Julie had just made a new batch of bread.

Oh right, Louise.

At the far end of the café, a door swung open. The sound of metal rattling spread out through the room as what seemed like a masked individual walked out, wearing a full suit of medieval armor and carrying a sword on the hip that had an uncanny resemblance to Anduril, Flame of the West, said to bring death to any man that drew it who was no Heir of Isildur; but then again, this knight was no man.

It wasn't hard to tell this knight was a woman. Long, delicate hair with a brown hue and, despite the armor, her female figure was unmistakable.

"Sir." The woman stopped when the alpaca turned its head towards her. In her hands she held a tray of small, freshly baked breads, all resembling a turtle, and some cups of tea.

"Ah, brilliant. Dig in, chaps." The alpaca said with an unnoticeable smile. "Julie makes the best turtle-bread, with a delicious chocolatey core. Thanks, Julie."

The female knight nodded solemnly and retreated to the kitchen.

"The woman is a cold and heartless war machine and a wizard in the kitchen. Love 'er."

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:08 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-snip-

He had successfully edged around the llama thingy, dodged the gaze of that freakishly heavily armed waitress, and was almost back at his table when, completely out of the blue, some random Mexican teenager materialized out of thin air, right where he was about to place his foot.

Hurriedly backing up a few steps, he shook out his sleeves and looked around once more, making sure he wasn't about to bump into the mace-wielding llama.

Well, at least this guy seems to be as lost as me. That means I'm in a slightly superior position, and should thus initiate contact

Stepping forwards once more, he caught the teenager's eye, halting the flow of random greeting words from various languages.

"Er...hello, mucho gusto, wilkommen, whatever. I'm assuming you're lost? Randomly teleported here for no apparent reason? Well, judging by the way you just appeared, that'd almost have to be the case, but - oh, I'm sorry. What's your name? Do you need help?"
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:24 am

Ah, another day, another day of going onto NationStates! Mundeo sat down at a desk and turned on his laptop, and waited, and waited, and- wait, it's on now! He signed in and chose a delegation in the current issue. Then, he went to the RP forums. As he searched through the newest RPs, he eyes opened with interest as he found one called, "Fall of the Portal". He made an app, got accepted, and waited for the IC to be set up.

A few days later, Mundeo saw the link to the IC, and with excitement, he clicked the link. But instead of going to a new thread, he found himself in a new setting himself. In a flash, Mundeo found himself in a cafe. He stared blankly at the laptop screen, on many levels of "I am so done with this" and "What the hell is actually going on". He stood up, looked around, and saw that there was already a large collection of equally confused individuals. 'Great' he thought, 'I get transported into a random café in God knows where, and I'm still late'. He went to a small group of people and said, "Um, what just happened? Where am I, a Starbucks? Hopefully I can just walk home from here, I didn't bring any money for a frapucino"
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 am

Aster looked at the food the lla-er-alpaca had offered, a smile creeping over his face. This bread looked amazing, and smelled that way as well. He looked around, seeing more people appearing, and reached down to grab a piece of the bread. Aster rolled it over in his hands, examining it, squeezing it and smelling it. Finally, he tore off a piece and tossed it into his mouth.

"Holy crap, this stuff is amazing!" he exclaimed, his eyes widening. He finished the piece in his mouth before turning to the new guy, "It looks like we're in some cafe, and the food is free."

Bill Weld 2020

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:36 am

Star, waking up to see the sun already up in the sky on a Saturday morning, proceeded to go down to the kitchen to pick up his breakfast. Putting them in the toaster oven, he smiled and breathed in deeply, smelling two Krispy Kreme Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts. Putting them on a plate and grabbing a glass of milk, he turned on his laptop to check NS. Sure enough, there was plenty for him to respond to, and he began to make his own posts.

Leaning back in his chair, he sighed happily and took a bite out of one of his doughnuts. Life was good, for he was finally on Spring Break! No school for 10 days! Ceasing his celebrations after five minutes, he headed to the next RP that he was in, the multiversal one. To his pleasant surprise, the IC was up, so he clicked on it and began to post. Stopping halfway through, he lifted his small plate with the doughnuts and prepared to take another bite.

Then all of a sudden, he wasn't in his room, no, he was in some sort of a coffee shop. That made him think of his doughnuts, which were flying through the air. Leaping after them, he just managed to catch them on his plate before they hit the ground, and he silently cheered to himself, before taking another look around. "Well, this is... unusual." Then, seeing the other folks, and one who had introduced itself, and an talking alpaca or llama, (he couldn't tell the difference) he walked over there. "Star, or rather, Starlight. Wait a second. Asterdan? That's the name of the guy I'm Rping with in A New Creation. Which means...." he said,his mind connecting the dots. "No way!" he said, grinning, shaking Aster's hand. "Then the alpaca must be Esty?"
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:03 am

"Wait a minute. Esty? Aster? Starlight? An alpaca?". Mundeo looked over to indeed, see an alpaca. He began to lace around, his hands in his hair, saying in more of a mumble, "What is going on? Where am I? How did all of us get here?" He stopped, his eyes darting across the café, as the peices began to come together into the full, frightening image. People from Nationstates, I was on Nationstates and know I'm in a café.... His eyes widened. "The Travellers Café... that's where we are"
Have at you!

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:16 am

The Starlight wrote:Star, waking up to see the sun already up in the sky on a Saturday morning, proceeded to go down to the kitchen to pick up his breakfast. Putting them in the toaster oven, he smiled and breathed in deeply, smelling two Krispy Kreme Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts. Putting them on a plate and grabbing a glass of milk, he turned on his laptop to check NS. Sure enough, there was plenty for him to respond to, and he began to make his own posts.

Leaning back in his chair, he sighed happily and took a bite out of one of his doughnuts. Life was good, for he was finally on Spring Break! No school for 10 days! Ceasing his celebrations after five minutes, he headed to the next RP that he was in, the multiversal one. To his pleasant surprise, the IC was up, so he clicked on it and began to post. Stopping halfway through, he lifted his small plate with the doughnuts and prepared to take another bite.

Then all of a sudden, he wasn't in his room, no, he was in some sort of a coffee shop. That made him think of his doughnuts, which were flying through the air. Leaping after them, he just managed to catch them on his plate before they hit the ground, and he silently cheered to himself, before taking another look around. "Well, this is... unusual." Then, seeing the other folks, and one who had introduced itself, and an talking alpaca or llama, (he couldn't tell the difference) he walked over there. "Star, or rather, Starlight. Wait a second. Asterdan? That's the name of the guy I'm Rping with in A New Creation. Which means...." he said,his mind connecting the dots. "No way!" he said, grinning, shaking Aster's hand. "Then the alpaca must be Esty?"

"DING DING! What do we have for 'em, Johnny?" Esternial exclaimed, confirming the teenager's observation. "I was wondering when one of you would catch on."

Tapping its hooves on the floor, a cloud of mist enveloped the alpaca and, when the mist had vanished, a young man stood in its stead.

"This form is probably easier to wrap your heads around." He said, sitting down on a chair and taking a cup of tea from the tray Julie placed on the table nearby. A human form made drinking tea a bit easier.

"Indeed, you are all in the Traveller's Café. I've summoned you all here, sort of, though I hadn't expected it to work. This place is an inter-dimensional port, a central hub within the multiverse. You are all here because I need your help."

Esternial paused, taking a sip of tea and tearing a leg off his turtle bread. He wasn't really hungry, but he did it anyway.

"Something happened to the Mods. I think something corrupted them. It wasn't obvious at first, but when Euroslavia turned bad things took a turn for the worst. Blaat even stopped making puns, and is currently leading a witch hunt against me. Crazy ruminant thinks sheep are the master race, can you believe it?"

"Simply put, the Mods we know and some of us love have turned into their Bastard Mod alter ego, and nobody knows why."

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:21 am

Esternial wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Star, waking up to see the sun already up in the sky on a Saturday morning, proceeded to go down to the kitchen to pick up his breakfast. Putting them in the toaster oven, he smiled and breathed in deeply, smelling two Krispy Kreme Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts. Putting them on a plate and grabbing a glass of milk, he turned on his laptop to check NS. Sure enough, there was plenty for him to respond to, and he began to make his own posts.

"DING DING! What do we have for 'em, Johnny?" Esternial exclaimed, confirming the teenager's observation. "I was wondering when one of you would catch on."

Tapping its hooves on the floor, a cloud of mist enveloped the alpaca and, when the mist had vanished, a young man stood in its stead.

"This form is probably easier to wrap your heads around." He said, sitting down on a chair and taking a cup of tea from the tray Julie placed on the table nearby. A human form made drinking tea a bit easier.

"Indeed, you are all in the Traveller's Café. I've summoned you all here, sort of, though I hadn't expected it to work. This place is an inter-dimensional port, a central hub within the multiverse. You are all here because I need your help."

Esternial paused, taking a sip of tea and tearing a leg off his turtle bread. He wasn't really hungry, but he did it anyway.

"Something happened to the Mods. I think something corrupted them. It wasn't obvious at first, but when Euroslavia turned bad things took a turn for the worst. Blaat even stopped making puns, and is currently leading a witch hunt against me. Crazy ruminant thinks sheep are the master race, can you believe it?"

"Simply put, the Mods we know and some of us love have turned into their Bastard Mod alter ego, and nobody knows why."

"Well, shit. Everything's going south then." Finland tried to send a witty remark like he always does, not realizing that they are bland and just outright stupid as always. He, or I, never gets that. Afterwards, he took a sip off his morning coffee and spoke again:

"If the Mods themselves are against us, then there's nothing we can do besides sit in F7 and hope it goes away. After all, you can't see the increase in post count if you are posting there. I'm Finland, by the way. Pretty sure I know some of the people here. Same the opposite way. I mean, I wrote How Roleplays Die."

Nobody cares about that stupid and shitty writing, Finland!
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:37 am

Esternial wrote:

Alex listened. "So. Someone somehow pissed off people with unlimited power and turned them against us. I've done enough RPing to know a few things. Writers are beyond omnipotence. And the Mods are beyond THAT. I've written an Omnipotent character or two and I can tell you right now, that if what you're saying is true. We REALLY don't have much of a chance. Not unless they're the kind of omnipotent that only uses their powers for dicking around because boredom. Either way, I'm getting a very rat in a maze feel here. If we're going to combat gods.... We're going to need SOMETHING. Mister Alpaca. Since you seem to have an idea of what's going on. Do you have any ideas on how to stop them? I mean besides screaming, crying and running around in circles."

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:51 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Esternial wrote:"DING DING! What do we have for 'em, Johnny?" Esternial exclaimed, confirming the teenager's observation. "I was wondering when one of you would catch on."

Alex listened. "So. Someone somehow pissed off people with unlimited power and turned them against us. I've done enough RPing to know a few things. Writers are beyond omnipotence. And the Mods are beyond THAT. I've written an Omnipotent character or two and I can tell you right now, that if what you're saying is true. We REALLY don't have much of a chance. Not unless they're the kind of omnipotent that only uses their powers for dicking around because boredom. Either way, I'm getting a very rat in a maze feel here. If we're going to combat gods.... We're going to need SOMETHING. Mister Alpaca. Since you seem to have an idea of what's going on. Do you have any ideas on how to stop them? I mean besides screaming, crying and running around in circles."

Mundeo at back down, now panicking less. "So, you called the greatest RPers in all of NS to fight a seemingly unstopable menace? Why the hell am I here, then? Actually, don't answer that, I like it here. All you're missing is an eyepatch for this assembling" He chuckled at his own pun, then got up from the table and came back with a cup of coffee. He continued talking in between sips. "What's the plan for taking down these- oh wow this is really good coffee -omnipotent mods? Obviously we're going to need some more... what's the word... power. Yeah, we are going to need power, and a lot of it"
Have at you!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse