NATION

PASSWORD

Government Size

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Aramanchovia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Government Size

Postby Aramanchovia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Just a query on this one, my nation's page says the following:

The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government...

Last time government size was ranked, I was in the top 1% of the world, I still have the same score for that ranking too (62). Is this a bug, or are the two calculated differently?

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:58 am

Aramanchovia wrote:Just a query on this one, my nation's page says the following:

The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government...

Last time government size was ranked, I was in the top 1% of the world, I still have the same score for that ranking too (62). Is this a bug, or are the two calculated differently?

If you reload the overview page, the description often changes. For example, it may say you are a very cultured nation, but when you reload it, it says how you Air Force is feared and respected by others. So maybe it was just a glitch when you reloaded the page?
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Aramanchovia
Secretary

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aramanchovia » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:40 pm

No, it says it pretty much every time (if not every time).

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:34 am

Italios wrote:If you reload the overview page, the description often changes. For example, it may say you are a very cultured nation, but when you reload it, it says how you Air Force is feared and respected by others. So maybe it was just a glitch when you reloaded the page?

No, government size doesn't change on page reloads.

Has the government size world census run since refactoring? If not, that may be the issue.

Yossarian Herr
Attaché

Founded: Aug 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yossarian Herr » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:44 pm

There's definitely something weird about government size. Maybe that descriptor doesn't match what we think it does? I noticed one day (unsure when, but not terribly long ago) mine went from "tiny" to "relatively small" while I'm pretty sure my actual government size stat stayed the same. (Could it be related at all to income tax? Just an idea. Both nations I've checked with the descriptor "tiny" that had larger governments than mine also had lower income tax)
Last edited by Yossarian Herr on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ik ben geen Nederlander (of Vlaming). Probably obvious since my Dutch sucks.
Mourning the Washington Capitals' Stanley Cup dreams

Nidos
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nidos » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:24 am

Hmmm...

The Flying Pigs of Nidos is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Cooper Manning with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, fear of technology, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 4.84 billion Nidosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Vull - Trahan. The average income tax rate is 48.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.

The Nidosian economy, worth 151 trillion Digital Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Trout Farming, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 31,243 Digital Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.

Perhaps they are related, but don't quote me on that.

-IE

Return to Technical