NATION

PASSWORD

Avatar: The Legend of Yan (Reboot/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Avatar: The Legend of Yan (Reboot/OOC)

Postby Tarnen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:16 pm

Fire, Air, Water, Earth...only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world..

When I was young my mother would tell me stories about Avatar Korra. How she and her friends stopped a radical movement, brought the spirits back, restored the Air Nation, dismantlement the Red Lotus, and stopped the Great Uniter and her spirit weapon. And even further back with Roku and Aang, these would always bring me hope and I couldn't wait to follow in there footsteps. But it never happened...I was ten when I was confirmed to be the Avatar, and was sent to the Northern Water Tribe to begin my journey as a fullly realized Avatar. A few months after, my parents were killed in cold blood, I was allowed to return to the funeral but I never did, I couldn't, they were killed because of me, somebody out there believes that the Avatar shouldn't exist anymore. Maybe they are right... I've stayed hidden for the past six years only using my Earthbending in dire consequences, even fewer times with what waterbending I do know. Stayed in Republic City while the world slowly becomes unbalanced. The Earth States are becoming more aggressive towards one another, in claims of land belonging to others centuries ago. This only has brought focus from the other nations, of course there are talks of civil war, maybe even a war that will engulf the world again. Maybe the world doesn't need the Avatar, not anymore...
~Yan's Journal.

Avatar Yan has hidden himself from the world for six years, eventually settling into Republic City six months ago, under an alias along with his Protector. Unfortunately that anonymity didn't last long, as Yan was thrusted into the spotlight after an attack on his life that triggered the Avatar State. President Shen, the President of the United Republic, received word of the Avatar and took him to the palace as he and several delegates of the four nations discuss his future with him. Unfortunately the meeting was ambushed, as several bombs went off in the Palace including in the dining room, taking the lives of several delegates and the President has been reported MIA, last seen being taken by people dressed in black. None of the known terrorist groups have come forward, not even the Red Lotus. Yan and the others need to figure out what to do next to combat this unknown foe.
Welcome to another one of my RP, this time taking place in the world of Avatar. First off CUE THE MUSIC!. Okay now thats over, I want to establish a few things.

-This takes place in 16 years after Avatar Korra's death, 233 AG(After Genocide)
- Yan is not a fully realized Avatar, you should have known this in the intro above, will be expanded more in his bio
- Specialized bending techniques are allow (Metal bending, lava bending, etc.) But Blood bending is still outlawed.
-The former Earth Kingdom are now known as the United Earth States.

Any questions, concerns or comments post them :D
Code: Select all
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Bending Ability(if applicable):

The IC is the Picture!
Last edited by Tarnen on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Yesssssss! Let me find my old app and make a small edit to add on to what happened after the meeting for him aswell.

Name: Prince Arrluk Patuktaq of The Northern Water Tribe
Nation of Origin: Royal Palace, Northern Water Tribe
Appearance

Personality:For the most part Arrluk is an informal person, he likes to be as casual as can. Parts of Korra and Asumi have rubbed off on him. Like Asumi, he is caring, independent, and tough. Like Korra he is impatient, sarcastic, and assertive. For the most part he is a very nice person but if you piss him off, he will stop at nothing to kill you and all you ever loved. Very interested in the History of this world.
(Other Stuff I can't think of at the moment)

Prince Arrluk was The Second Child Born to Prince Marok and his wife Selna, a Waterbender who was a Descendent of Hama the Original Bloodbender, From The Fire Nation. The first was Princess Watatsumi, who was 1 year old at the time of Arrluk’s birth. Due to him being the First Male Child of the Current Chief be automatically became Heir apparent of The Northern Water Tribe if he could Waterbend after Prince Marok would become Chief. At the time of Birth, Desna and Eska were still chiefs. Densa died when Arrluk was 1. Because of that Eska abdicated and Prince Marok, son of Densa became Chief. Eska then died when Arrluk was 6.

He showed signs that he could Waterbend at the age of 2 and began to Train with Aunt Korra from the time he was 3-7. One of the Last things Korra thought Arrluk was Spiritbending. During this time be got a very close relationship with Korra and Asami. Asami even Trained Arrluk in some hand to hand combat during this time. Asami also trained Princess Watatsumi in hand to hand combat due to her clearly being a non-bender at this point. Arrluk when to the Spirit World several times and it seemed that he was very at tune with the spirits there. One of these trips was a year long, the main thing they did there was Spiritbend.

After Korra died when Arrluk was 8, The Royal Family started to fund, train, and give weapons to a coup in The Southern Water Tribe. The coup worked, as we all know, and Asami was forced to get out of The Water Tribes and go To Republic City. Arrluk felt bad about this, he was perfectly fine with a United Water Tribe, as long as the Southerns got there say and all that stuff. But it didn't seem like that, Asami and their Royal Family were Forced out or imprisoned. This was all Arrluk was allowed to know.

When he was 12 after The Southern Water Tribe lost its Chief, he became a Master of Waterbending, this included healing. He also gained a Little Brother. Prince Cupun. At this time Arrluk would start go out into the wilderness outside the capital on Full Moons to self-teach himself Bloodbending. He started out on Penguins. He thought he could Bloodbend because of his bloodlines.

A year after he started Bloodbending he leaned he was Bi-Sexual. He devolved a Crush on the One of the Southern Governor’s son, Siku. He wasn't able to make a relationship out of it due to Arrluk not being all that good at flirting and Siku wasn't attracted to him. Later that year he devolved a Crush on a local girl that was the child of the Leader of the Military. Both of them had to go to the South by order of the Chief. Both of them were killed. Arrluk didn’t hold this against the Southerners but during this time Arrluk was getting a growing wonder for politics and wanted to get involved.

Two years later, when Arrluk was 15, his sister came out to their father as she support the Southerns and wanted them to be free. Chief Marok then forced Watatsumi and Arrluk to battle and if Watatsumi could win she would just be banished. If she lost she would be executed. Naturally Arrluk didn't know of the rules of the duel. He won naturally due to being a bender but, in the battle he accidently Bloodbended. The battle was at noon, on the day of a New Moon. Turned out he was one of the bloodbenders that could do it without the moon being out. This caused Chief Marok forcing Arrluk to kill Watatsumi. Arrluk didn’t wish to get killed by his father or get banished and lose his birthright, so he kill his sister. Because of the events on that day, Chief Marok has forced Arrluk to train his Blood Bending nearly every day on the captured Southern Rebels and Criminals.

This lead to Arrluk getting a hatred for his father and most things he does. Everyday he wasn't forced to Blood Bend on the criminals or people who were captured from the South, he was in the Spirit World. He would go to the Spirit Portal at the North Pole right after he ate dinner and spend the time there. Because of this and past time in that realm he is very intune with the Spirits.

Three Years after that, Arrluk is now 18. Avatar Yan was 10 at this point and was in The Northern Water Tribe to master the art of Waterbending. Arrluk did train with him several times due to being a Master already. Yan had to leave rather soon due to the death of his parents. When he didn’t come back. Chief Marok ordered Arrluk to go out and find him but Arrluk would just use this as a time to travel the world. The first place he went to was to The Foggy Swamp, hoping to find some Swamp Benders so he could learn the Swamp Style of Bending. It took some time to find them but about 8 months after finding them he left. He found there culture strange, like nothing else in the World. Because of this he want The Foggy Swamp to be part of The United Water Tribes or at least it’s own nation. He also learned Plantbending there.

After two year’s over traveling over The United Earth States, Arrluk went to Republic City. He used this time to find Aunt Asami, he still called her this at this point. At first Asami wasn't happy to see him, she was a bit enraged but gave in after Arrluk explained that he had no say in the matter of The Southern Water Tribe until he was Chief and that he had to play the role that his father wished him to be. And if he told him how he really felt he would be killed like Watatsumi was. Asami promised not to tell Koda this as it could hurt their relationship.

The day before he left to go back to The Northern Water Tribe Arrluk brought Cabbage Corp., renamed it Food Inc. and changed it so it would work on making energy from food, they also made lots of food. Asami also told Arrluk that she has been writing him letters. Arrluk had never gotten any letters so he knew that his father was hiding them from him.

When Arrluk returned, he and Marok had a Fight that damaged a large portion of The Royal Castle. Arrluk confronted Marok about the letters. For this Marok killed his mother. For not returning with the Avatar, Marok killed 8 year old Cupun. Both of these things filled Arrluk with rage and made his Bending uncontrollable. After their death’s Arrluk went to the Spirit World to come down. There he decided that he needed to remain popular to the people so they would be loyal to him. He then figured out he now had the upper hand as if he was Banished then Koda would become Chief of both Tribes after Chief Marok’s death.

The Death’s were used as propaganda against the Rebels in the South. For the Last 4 years Arrluk has stayed in contact with Asumi and stayed in charge of Food Inc. plotting for the perfect time to kill his father and take control and hopefully end The Tribal Dispute peacefully.

Cheif Marok, may or may not be dead. Arrluk tryed to defend his father as he wanted to kill him with the help of no one. Marok, being the loving father he is, stabbed Arrluk with an Icicle in the leg. Arrluk was able to heal himself with a mix of Healing and Bloodbending. Marok took off with his guards but they were also taken by the same people as President Shen.
(Also Marok is Red Lotus, the only people who know he is that are high up Red Lotus Members, just felt like putting that in there)

Bending Ability(if applicable): Master of Waterbending, Master of Psychic Bloodbending, and Can Do Plantbending, Spiritbending, and Healing. This means Arrluk is the only person who is known to be able to use all Four Sub-Forms of Waterbending although his Healing and Plantbending aren't in top shape.

Is me app still good?
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:44 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Yesssssss! Let me find my old app and make a small edit to add on to what happened after the meeting for him aswell.

Name: Prince Arrluk of The Northern Water Tribe
Nation of Origin: Royal Palace, Northern Water Tribe
Formal/Winter Appearance has a Black Robe and Grey Pants with the same Shoes

Personality:For the most part Arrluk is an informal person, he likes to be as casual as can. Parts of Korra and Asumi have rubbed off on him. Like Asumi, he is caring, independent, and tough. Like Korra he is impatient, sarcastic, and assertive. For the most part he is a very nice person but if you piss him off, he will stop at nothing to kill you and all you ever loved. Very interested in the History of this world.
(Other Stuff I can't think of at the moment)

Prince Arrluk was The Second Child Born to Prince Marok and his wife Selna, a Waterbender who was a Descendent of Hama the Original Bloodbender, From The Fire Nation. The first was Princess Watatsumi, who was 1 year old at the time of Arrluk’s birth. Due to him being the First Male Child of the Current Chief be automatically became Heir apparent of The Northern Water Tribe if he could Waterbend after Prince Marok would become Chief. At the time of Birth, Desna and Eska were still chiefs. Densa died when Arrluk was 1. Because of that Eska abdicated and Prince Marok, son of Densa became Chief. Eska then died when Arrluk was 6.

He showed signs that he could Waterbend at the age of 2 and began to Train with Aunt Korra from the time he was 3-7. One of the Last things Korra thought Arrluk was Spiritbending. During this time be got a very close relationship with Korra and Asami. Asami even Trained Arrluk in some hand to hand combat during this time. Asami also trained Princess Watatsumi in hand to hand combat due to her clearly being a non-bender at this point. Arrluk when to the Spirit World several times and it seemed that he was very at tune with the spirits there. One of these trips was a year long, the main thing they did there was Spiritbend.

After Korra died when Arrluk was 8, The Royal Family started to fund, train, and give weapons to a coup in The Southern Water Tribe. The coup worked, as we all know, and Asami was forced to get out of The Water Tribes and go To Republic City. Arrluk felt bad about this, he was perfectly fine with a United Water Tribe, as long as the Southerns got there say and all that stuff. But it didn't seem like that, Asami and their Royal Family were Forced out or imprisoned. This was all Arrluk was allowed to know.

When he was 12 after The Southern Water Tribe lost its Chief, he became a Master of Waterbending, this included healing. He also gained a Little Brother. Prince Cupun. At this time Arrluk would start go out into the wilderness outside the capital on Full Moons to self-teach himself Bloodbending. He started out on Penguins. He thought he could Bloodbend because of his bloodlines.

A year after he started Bloodbending he leaned he was Bi-Sexual. He devolved a Crush on the One of the Southern Governor’s son, Siku. He wasn't able to make a relationship out of it due to Arrluk not being all that good at flirting and Siku wasn't attracted to him. Later that year he devolved a Crush on a local girl that was the child of the Leader of the Military. Both of them had to go to the South by order of the Chief. Both of them were killed. Arrluk didn’t hold this against the Southerners but during this time Arrluk was getting a growing wonder for politics and wanted to get involved.

Two years later, when Arrluk was 15, his sister came out to their father as she support the Southerns and wanted them to be free. Chief Marok then forced Watatsumi and Arrluk to battle and if Watatsumi could win she would just be banished. If she lost she would be executed. Naturally Arrluk didn't know of the rules of the duel. He won naturally due to being a bender but, in the battle he accidently Bloodbended. The battle was at noon, on the day of a New Moon. Turned out he was one of the bloodbenders that could do it without the moon being out. This caused Chief Marok forcing Arrluk to kill Watatsumi. Arrluk didn’t wish to get killed by his father or get banished and lose his birthright, so he kill his sister. Because of the events on that day, Chief Marok has forced Arrluk to train his Blood Bending nearly every day on the captured Southern Rebels and Criminals.

This lead to Arrluk getting a hatred for his father and most things he does. Everyday he wasn't forced to Blood Bend on the criminals or people who were captured from the South, he was in the Spirit World. He would go to the Spirit Portal at the North Pole right after he ate dinner and spend the time there. Because of this and past time in that realm he is very intune with the Spirits.

Three Years after that, Arrluk is now 18. Avatar Yan was 10 at this point and was in The Northern Water Tribe to master the art of Waterbending. Arrluk did train with him several times due to being a Master already. Yan had to leave rather soon due to the death of his parents. When he didn’t come back. Chief Marok ordered Arrluk to go out and find him but Arrluk would just use this as a time to travel the world. The first place he went to was to The Foggy Swamp, hoping to find some Swamp Benders so he could learn the Swamp Style of Bending. It took some time to find them but about 8 months after finding them he left. He found there culture strange, like nothing else in the World. Because of this he want The Foggy Swamp to be part of The United Water Tribes or at least it’s own nation. He also learned Plantbending there.

After two year’s over traveling over The United Earth States, Arrluk went to Republic City. He used this time to find Aunt Asami, he still called her this at this point. At first Asami wasn't happy to see him, she was a bit enraged but gave in after Arrluk explained that he had no say in the matter of The Southern Water Tribe until he was Chief and that he had to play the role that his father wished him to be. And if he told him how he really felt he would be killed like Watatsumi was. Asami promised not to tell Koda this as it could hurt their relationship.

The day before he left to go back to The Northern Water Tribe Arrluk brought Cabbage Corp., renamed it Food Inc. and changed it so it would work on making energy from food, they also made lots of food. Asami also told Arrluk that she has been writing him letters. Arrluk had never gotten any letters so he knew that his father was hiding them from him.

When Arrluk returned, he and Marok had a Fight that damaged a large portion of The Royal Castle. Arrluk confronted Marok about the letters. For this Marok killed his mother. For not returning with the Avatar, Marok killed 8 year old Cupun. Both of these things filled Arrluk with rage and made his Bending uncontrollable. After their death’s Arrluk went to the Spirit World to come down. There he decided that he needed to remain popular to the people so they would be loyal to him. He then figured out he now had the upper hand as if he was Banished then Koda would become Chief of both Tribes after Chief Marok’s death.

The Death’s were used as propaganda against the Rebels in the South. For the Last 4 years Arrluk has stayed in contact with Asumi and stayed in charge of Food Inc. plotting for the perfect time to kill his father and take control and hopefully end The Tribal Dispute peacefully.

Cheif Marok, may or may not be dead. Arrluk tryed to defend his father as he wanted to kill him with the help of no one. Marok, being the loving father he is, stabbed Arrluk with an Icicle in the leg. Arrluk was able to heal himself with a mix of Healing and Bloodbending. Marok took off with his guards but they were also taken by the same people as President Shen.
(Also Marok is Red Lotus, the only people who know he is that are high up Red Lotus Members, just felt like putting that in there)

Bending Ability(if applicable): Master of Waterbending, Master of Psychic Bloodbending, and Can Do Plantbending, Spiritbending, and Healing. This means Arrluk is the only person who is known to be able to use all Four Sub-Forms of Waterbending although his Healing and Plantbending aren't in top shape.

Is me app still good?

Accepted.
My RPs:

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Name: Aningan *God of the Moon* (Only Known Name)
Nation of Origin: Southern Water Tribe
Appearance: Image

Personality: Outwardly Calm, at Peace with the world. Think Jedi. Inside he is full of repressed anger that has scarred his mind.
Bio: Aningan was born to simple parents in the Southern Water Tribe. He had a good upbringing and was content. However his life was turned upside down when his parents were killed in a car accident. He went to live with his uncle in Republic City. He was barely adjusted to his new life when his uncle was killed by gunmen. This drove Aningan over the edge. He became convinced that the only way for Humanity to survive was to return to it's more spiritual roots. He began wearing an old Warrior's garment and forsook any technology greater than what could be easily worked by human hands. Aningan now wanders the streets, helping those he can, killing those who would harm others.

He has lost everything. His home, his family, his friends, all gone. Now he searches for the Avatar, the only hope for peace in the world.
Bending Ability(if applicable): Combat Waterbending
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Name: Hermahi
Nation of Origin: Fire
Appearance: Average in height, as well as very fit, she keeps her hair short enough she doesn't have to deal with it very much, and she's got grey eyes. She typically wears lots of red and black fire nation clothes, and always wears a bandana (she doesn't like it when people ask questions about her third eye).
Personality: She's an adventure seeker who tends to be cocky towards people with few exceptions.
Bio: She's the daughter of a fire nation noble, most of the younger end of her life she spent at her family's mansion. Once old enough she was sent to the Girls Academy to be formally trained by tutors, however she was a trouble maker, fast learner, and very powerful, and the tutors managed to kick her out slightly prematurely (however she had learned just about everything they could teach her anyways). After a short time of decision making she was sent to the Bhanti tribe island where she stayed with her brother for a while, during her visit she learned how to use firebending to sense energy paths. A while after mastering being able to sense chi energy, she and her brother took off for New Republic City.
Bending Ability(if applicable): (blue) Fire, combustion, lighting, chi sense.

Name: Haruto
Appearance: Much like his sister, however he's got slightly longer hair hers (despite being an air bender) as well as having side burns and a beard in the 'scruffy' stage. He's also half a head shorter than her with darker grey eyes.
Personality: Free spirited, he's one to do what he wants and not abide by rules, however he's usually not blatantly/stupidly so
Bio: Son of a noble, his father had become an air bender during the Harmonic Convergence, but didn't join the airbender nomads, but rather stayed with his wife, and for the most part didn't develop his abilities. During his younger years he was taught how to use chi blocking by his father (who actually used his air bending to assist his speed instinctively) Haruto had the choice to join the air nomads but decided that he wasn't sure yet. He was sent to the Bhanti tribe who had a few fire nation air benders amongst them where he learned most of his air bending and grew well practiced in spirit projection. He kept his chi blocking skills up while working on his air bending, and a while after his sister arrived decided that the two of them should explore the world.
Bending Ability(if applicable): air, chi blocker, proto-flight, spirit projection, atmo-sense (can feel disturbances in the air around him and semi-echo location).

Name: Jaya
Nation of Origin: Earth
Appearance: She's got wait long black hair, however she keeps it up, and often enough has a head wrap over it. She's got light brown eyes, and genuinely wears sandbender clothes when not in pro-bender garbs. She works for an satomobile repair shop, and is very skilled with small exact uses of metal bending, as well as sand(&dust)bending.
Personality: Best described at iron head, she's absolutely stubborn, and easily focused on one thing or another.
Bio: She originally was a sandbender, however after finding a liking for making things and trying to make new designs she decided to go to New Republic City
Bending Ability(if applicable): Earth, metal, sand and some lava (mostly it's cooling down things and small size heating, lava disk is about as large as her lava bending gets).
Last edited by Raktio on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:06 am

Oh my, an Avatar RP!
I'll get an app up later today. :D
Last edited by Capsland on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Merodin
Senator

Founded: Nov 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Merodin » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 am

Name: Evalin Sylvari
Nation of Origin: The Capital, Fire Nation
Appearance:

Personality: Often quiet and collective, she has a courteous and serious demeanor when it comes to her duty. Strictly disciplined, she is unwavering loyal to those whom earn her respect and love. Due to her history, however, she finds it incredibly difficult to place trust in anyone but herself and her own abilities. Extremely rational, she finds little humor in frivolities and non-sense, viewing them as pointless distractions from the overall mission of protecting the Avatar.

Bio: Born into the noble family of Sylvari, Evalin was raised to one day protect the Avatar. The Sylvari family had pledged their lives to the honor of protecting the Avatar since long ago, even before the Hundred Year War, in addition to their duty of guarding the Fire Lord and his Royal Family. When Avatar Aang came into appearance, the family was torn over whether he was indeed the avatar or not. Instead they chose to abstain from the war and focus on strengthening the power and influence of their House domestically while also ensuring the safety of the Royal Family. Many times the Sylvaris served in positions of high authority for Princes Azula and Prince Zuko even when he was exiled. After the war, and Aang's confirmation as the Avatar revealed, the Sylvaris dutifully upheld their honor bound pledge. The same occurred when Avatar Korra was confirmed. Now, with the passing of the previous Avatar, the Sylvari House was on the lookout for the new Avatar. It wasn't until the young boy had reached 10 that they received word of Yan possibly showing potential, and not until after his parents were killed that they were able to send Evalin. Evalin and Yan became fast friends when they first met. She protected him, but also watched him train and helped him when he was having a bad day. Now, she still accompanies him wherever he goes, charged with his protection until the world could figure out whether he was indeed the Avatar or not.
Bending Ability(if applicable): Lightning manipulation, Blue fire, swords of flame.
Esselman wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:I'm surprised I've kept Skyrim a virgin this long, considering we have Merodin here...

Well damn..

The Ferret Revolution wrote:Merodin never "Just has drinks" with someone.

Novia Soviet Socialist Republic wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:I am not a homo <.<

No you don't understand. Merodin always gets his prey.

Lover/Adventuring Companion- Adantas
Secret Love: Demi
Sexy Warden- Ternitania
Fellow Demon -Corrian
Married to- Valorono

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Capsland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Capsland » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Name: Lee Kubin
Nation of Origin: Republic City, The United Republic of Nations
Appearance:

Personality: Lee is a very quiet person, if you don't know him at least. He can become very tempered, especially when it comes to politics or in an argument. He detached himself from the outside world making it seem as if he doesn't have a personality when you first meet him. He is mostly informal and sarcastic when he's happy.
Bio:
Lee was born to a normal family in Republic City in 213 AG. He lived a fairly normal life, learning about Avatar Aang and Korra saving the world and stopping the 'bad guys'.

At age 3 his parents realised he was a firebender, bending blue fire. His parents immediately funded firebending lessons, his dad teaching him personally at age 8. When he was 13 he tried learning lightning bending. On a stormy night, he and his friend climbed up a mountain viewing Republic City. Lee attempted to redirect the lightning back into the sky but he lost control and re directed it at his friend by accident. From that day he swore to never use lightning again despite his father encouraging him and teaching him lightning bending.

When he was 15 his mom died of natural causes and he and his dad left for the Fire Nation. He stayed in the Fire Nation for 3 years, leaving a week after his 18th birthday. He left to explore the world, visiting the North and South Pole to try and integrate the waterbender's techniques with his firebending. After 1 year in the North and South Poles he returned to Republic City to try and find adventure. He has been in Rpublic City for a year now, waiting for the right time for adventure.

Bending Ability(if applicable): Blue Firebending, Lightning Bending.

(May change in future)
Don't take anything I say seriously... Seriously.
Currently sleeping in the region of Sunalaya

"I drink to forget but I always remember" - Helen the hall monitor

#SingleStateSolution4Ventismar

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Raktio wrote:
Name: Hermahi
Appearance: Average in height, as well as very fit, she keeps her hair short enough she doesn't have to deal with it very much, and she's got grey eyes. She typically wears lots of red and black fire nation clothes, and always wears a bandana (she doesn't like it when people ask questions about her third eye).
Personality: She's an adventure seeker who tends to be cocky towards people with few exceptions.
Bio: She's the daughter of a fire nation noble, most of the younger end of her life she spent at her family's mansion. Once old enough she was sent to the Girls Academy to be formally trained by tutors, however she was a trouble maker, fast learner, and very powerful, and the tutors managed to kick her out slightly prematurely (however she had learned just about everything they could teach her anyways). After a short time of decision making she was sent to the Bhanti tribe island where she stayed with her brother for a while, during her visit she learned how to use firebending to sense energy paths. A while after mastering being able to sense chi energy, she and her brother took off for New Republic City.
Bending Ability(if applicable): (blue) Fire, combustion, lighting, chi sense.

Name: Haruto
Appearance: Much like his sister, however he's got slightly longer hair hers (despite being an air bender) as well as having side burns and a beard in the 'scruffy' stage. He's also half a head shorter than her with darker grey eyes.
Personality: Free spirited, he's one to do what he wants and not abide by rules, however he's usually not blatantly/stupidly so
Bio: Son of a noble, his father had become an air bender during the Harmonic Convergence, but didn't join the airbender nomads, but rather stayed with his wife, and for the most part didn't develop his abilities. During his younger years he was taught how to use chi blocking by his father (who actually used his air bending to assist his speed instinctively) Haruto had the choice to join the air nomads but decided that he wasn't sure yet. He was sent to the Bhanti tribe who had a few fire nation air benders amongst them where he learned most of his air bending and grew well practiced in spirit projection. He kept his chi blocking skills up while working on his air bending, and a while after his sister arrived decided that the two of them should explore the world.
Bending Ability(if applicable): air, chi blocker, proto-flight, spirit projection, atmo-sense (can feel disturbances in the air around him and semi-echo location).

Name: Jaya
Nation of Origin: Earth
Appearance: She's got wait long black hair, however she keeps it up, and often enough has a head wrap over it. She's got light brown eyes, and genuinely wears sandbender clothes when not in pro-bender garbs. She works for an satomobile repair shop, and is very skilled with small exact uses of metal bending, as well as sand(&dust)bending.
Personality: Best described at iron head, she's absolutely stubborn, and easily focused on one thing or another.
Bio: She originally was a sandbender, however after finding a liking for making things and trying to make new designs she decided to go to New Republic City
Bending Ability(if applicable): Earth, metal, sand and some lava (mostly it's cooling down things and small size heating, lava disk is about as large as her lava bending gets).
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm

All accepted
My RPs:

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:20 pm

Tag

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Bump

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Name: Yan (Seriously who has last names in Avatar? :P)
Nation of Origin: United Earth States
Appearance:

Personality: Yan is generally a cheerful person, he goes out of his way to help people. Is somewhat off putting towards new people he meets, doesn't want people discovering who he really is. He generally has a hard time asking for him even when he truly needs it.
Bio:Yan was born in the United Earth States to two earthbenders, in the United Earth States. By the time he was 5 years old he was considered an Earthbending prodigy, little did they know that Yan was the next Avatar. By the time he was ten years old he was confirmed the next Avatar by the Order of the White Lotus. It was around this time Yan was to begin his journey to become a fully realized Avatar, he journey to the Northern Water Tribe to learn waterbending from the masters. Although his time their was cut short, a few months into his training he had received that his parents were killed. Heartbroken he returned to attend the funeral.

On his way he also receive word of an extremist group took claim for his parents death, making him decide to not become the Avatar. Along with his friend Evalin he traveled throughout the Earth Kingdom for 6 years before decided to settle in Republic City. Although he may have escaped his fate of becoming the Avatar, fate has a way of finding those that are lost.
Bending Ability(if applicable):The Avatar - Earthbender, Metalbender, knows some water bending

Name: Ozin
Nation of Origin: Fire Nation
Appearance:

Personality: Calm, collected, and calculating. Manipulative believe everyone is an means to an end, unfortunately what that end is only he knows. Always had an eternal struggle with himself, always hearing his mother and father's voice in his head (Not literally). Usually its his father's voice that usually wins.
Bio:Click here its really long.
Bending Ability(if applicable):Firebending -blue fire, lightning generation and redirection

Bio is coming soon!
My RPs:

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Name: Sentok
Nation of Origin: Southern Water Tribe initially, now lives in Republic City
Appearance: Exceptionally tall, stern faced, without a single hair out of place. He carries himself with a rigid posture and continues to wear traditional water tribe dress even though it has fallen out of style.
Personality: In a word, precise. Everything Sentok does is calculated and controlled. Not a word or movement is without purpose. As such he will often sit still for hours at a time. He is soft spoken, when he speaks at all, but his voice has a commanding note to it which drives others to listen, if only because it is so rarely heard. Sentok is contemplative and will carefully weigh any decision, but he is also insatiably determined and will never abandon a goal once he sets his mind to it.

Bio: Sentok was born in the Southern Water Tribe to two entirely unremarkable parents. He demonstrated bending ability at an early age, but his instructors quickly realized that he had no talent. Even the simplest feats of waterbending were an immense struggle for him. But Sentok was not deterred. He had an inescapable sense that he needed to master waterbending, so he practiced without end. Still he improved very little. Soon after, he left the Southern Water Tribe in search of a new instructor. For several years he traveled, first to Republic City, then to the Northern Water Tribe learning many different bending styles. He even trained briefly under Avatar Korra. When he had exhausted what these two nations could teach him he broadened his exploration, traveling across the entire world and even into the spirit world, seeking knowledge of waterbending.

He learned much more than a fighting style, though. Through his explorations, Sentok learned much about the world and nature of bending itself. He began to believe that a Great Reckoning was at hand which would shape the world for good or evil for many ages after, in which balance would, one way or another, be restored to the world at last.

Sentok returned to the Southern Water Tribe, where he shocked his old friends with his new-found knowledge and skill. Given his detailed knowledge of all the nations, the government of the Southern Water Tribe made him ambassador to Republic City. There he is perfectly positioned to locate the Avatar, who he believes will be necessary for his vision to come to fruition.
Bending Ability(if applicable): Sentok can bend all forms of water (solid, liquid and gas).

Stadenwick
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stadenwick » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:18 am

Name: Zhang
Appearance: Here. Zhang usually wear all black outfit, with a black sleeveless Nehru jacket worn closed under a long, black trench coat with black slacks and black shoes, while sheathing his dual dao sword on his back.

Personality: On the surface, Zhang displays quite arrogant personality. He's somewhat selfish and remarkably self-absorbed, generally acting more out of self-interest than any sort of philanthropy. He also has a reputation for being foul-mouthed and is an incurably sarcastic cynic, only too happy to bluntly and harshly relieve others of their comfortable delusions regarding spirit realm, bending, or their own self-importance. But most of all he has considerable pride that will not stand for having his inability to bend insulted and become extremely proud to be a non-bender.

However, once the topic change to violence, Zhang personality quickly shift. He become more detached and ruthless, brutal in fact. He often become incredibly calm, observant and able to taking into consideration even the smallest details of his surroundings. He also have no guilt when hurting people and actually satisfied when doing it, stating it's their fault to become too weak to fight him, especially if it's the benders.

Bio: Zhang born in a long lineage of Piandao, a swordmaster and a high ranking member of Order of White lotus. As a result, the blood of swordmaster runs on him and he himself become exceptionally talented at it, so talented in fact that he was able to beat all of his instructor and his own father at the young age of 11. However, he was born a non-bender, and despite his prodigal existence, must face the condition of being always overshadowed by the benders. This trigger his huge ego, making him loath them and become especially proud of being a non-bender.

His life is forever changed when he and his father fight at one evening. Angry, he left the house and decided to go to a local bar to calm himself. When he was minding his own problem, a drunk idiot come to him and keep pestering him. Decide to end the nuisance and calm himself down, Zhang kill the drunk in a cold, swift move. A random assassin who watch the whole thing offer Zhang a lifetime opportunity to be his teammates and use his talent for people who appreciate them, and a lot of cash, Zhang decide to take the offer.

Years later, he found himself went to Republic City, hired by anonymous group to kill the avatar who was just recently discovered, and this is where his adventure will be started.

Bending Ability(if applicable): Nope
Last edited by Stadenwick on Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Stadenwick wrote:Did you just call me wicky?

Aye.

So yeah, feel free to call me that from now on.
Tracian Empire wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:Basically, Stadenwick is RPing as the Russian, Orthodox version of Mormonism and Deseret.

Something in that direction, with some anti-Pope stuff hidden in since he claims to be a new Ecumenical Patriarch.

That's why I don't like heresies. They need to be burned.
Mobile posting is cancer, and i do a lot of it. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

West Cantion
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cantion » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:00 pm

I have been waiting for a chance to be in an RP like this.

Name: Arya
Appearance:

Personality: Cheerful and easily excitable, Arya is very fun to be around. She is very kind, and is easily hurt by unkind words.

Bio: Arya was born in the Fire Nation Capital, where she grew up in a very fair, loving household. As the daughter of a Fire Nation nobleman, she was schooled at the Royal Fire Academy for Girls. Her entire childhood she was very active, playing many intense games with her friends. She was always very flexible, and was able to get into spaces that others couldn't access, which made her very successful during games of hide-and-seek. Despite her skill at childhood games, Arya always felt inferior to her friends once they started to learn to fire bend. Arya didn't have the ability, so she chose instead to practise both martial arts and chi blocking, which she learned from a man her father knew. Unfortunately, Arya's parents died in a very unfortunate event when she was fourteen, which sent Arya into a journey of self-discovery. For several months, Arya wandered the fire nation, doing acrobatic tricks to earn money for food and shelter. It was on this journey that Arya saw a sign posted in a town about the Avatar, Yan. She saw a drawing of him on the poster and immediately knew that she had to find him. Naturally, she snuck onto a ship from the fire nation to Republic City to find the Avatar. On that ship, she met a cheeky individual from the Southern Water Tribe called Tonraq, with whom she became fast friends.

Bending Ability: Arya has no bending ability, although she is a formidable opponent at hand-to-hand combat, often utilising chi blocking.

Edit: My Second App :eek:

Name: Tonraq, also called Uniaq

Appearance:

Personality: Tonraq is a very cheeky young man, often sarcastic and non-serious. His attitudes change, however, when his family or friends are in danger, during which time Tonraq becomes very serious and focused on helping them. He is also very awkward when meeting girls, specifically girls he fancies.

Bio: Tonraq was born the son of Unalaq and Kanna in the Southern Water Tribe. His life was never naturally difficult, but the stubborn young Tonraq always seemed intent on making it so. He was quite a strain on his mother, who constantly worried about the antics her son got up to. He would often run away from the village and into the cold, barren wastes of the south pole, where he would hunt using his father's sword. Of course, Tonraq stole this sword each time, much to his father's dismay. Eventually, Tonraq got older and realised he could bend water. Intent on using this ability to cause mischief, he sought out the best waterbenders he could find to help him learn. Being the son of Unalaq, who was well-respected in the village, the other benders naturally agreed to help young Tonraq. He was a fast learner, but he soon realised that mischief was not the best use for his new-found talents. He decided that he'd seek out the Avatar Yan when Tonraq was only fourteen years old. He stowed away on a ship for the Fire Nation at that time, figuring it was where Yan was hiding. He searched for several years, all the time improving his skill as a waterbender. Eventually, in the town of Hira'a, he heard that Yan had resurfaced, and would likely be in Republic City. He used that knowledge to board a ship for Republic City, both excited and nervous about what he might find there. Along the way, Tonraq met a non-bending young girl from the Fire Nation called Arya, with whom he became close friends along the trip. Together, they seek Avatar Yan with the intent to stand with him against any threat.

Bending Ability: Tonraq is a very skilled water bender, capable of bending even the water within the leaves and plants. He has been trying to learn to bend the small amounts of water in the air for some time.
Last edited by West Cantion on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moth-Gar
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moth-Gar » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:38 pm

Name: Fan Guo
Nation of Origin: United Earth States
Appearance: Standing at 6'10 with brown skin, clean face, buzz cut hair and eyes with different colors (Left is red and Right is Blue), along with a muscular and ripped build of a body
Personality: Brash and Impulsive, yet caring and loyal, serious most of the time but has some sense of humor, his realism can be considered as pessimism, shy and quiet and loves a good fight
Bio: Born in the UES, he was the son of a former soldier turned farmer father and a stay at home mom. He didn't have 'proper' education as most kids have, but he was considered as resourceful and street smart, even at a young age. His father would usually work all day and night in the fields to pay for the taxes and loans he borrowed, while his mother would take care of the house, Fan, and Fan's education. At a young age, he was considered a no-nonsense, serious kid with a strong heart and mind. He didn't have many friends growing up, so he was usually quiet and shy around other people.

He later worked in the fields with his father or helped his mother in taking care of the house, growing his body in the process. During his adolescences years, he trained his body hard even without a proper instructor. He studied how to brawl and wrestle, hoping to be a fighter when he was mature enough instead of working in the fields like his father. He didn't have anything against his father, he just didn't want to work in a farm all day to pay for taxes. He trained in the night and day, eventually, at 19, his body was muscular, big and ripped, and he knew how to fight dirty if not professionally. He took his 'talents' and hard work to Republic City, fighting in the alleys for money and fame
Bending Ability(if applicable): None

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:26 pm

Accepted hmm alot of people want to kill/hurt the Avatar.
My RPs:

Dernland
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dernland » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Tarnen wrote:Accepted hmm alot of people want to kill/hurt the Avatar.

Don't worry, you still have friends. I hope.
I am a Mormon

I have no wives
I love jello

I don't hate homosexuals
Potatoes are a staple of my diet, but only because my family's Irish

I'm not rich.

TG me any more stereotypes and I'll see if they fit.

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Name: Sun Shin
Nation of Origin: United Earth States, Sandbender Tribes
Appearance: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs20/i/2007/ ... _Sugar.jpg
Personality: He is very flexible and kind to his friends, but he is cold and unforgiving to his enemies. He is the type that never gives up, no matter how unreasonable the situation becomes, and doesn't attempt to negotiate unfavorable deals with others. Sun Shin has a strict moral code and doesn't violate it and cannot stand others who violate his code.
Bio: Sun Shin was born as the son of a well respected Sand Bender chief. His father managed to unite all the Sandbender tribes by being the first ever elected Sandbender due to the United Earth States reforms. His father was a fervent centralist and federalist and sought to bring the United Earth States closer together and wanted a more centralized system which would cause earth benders to have more pride over being Earth citizens rather than straying back to provincial loyalties as seen in the past. Sun Shin meanwhile proved himself to be a great sand bender, effortlessly defeating the most capable sand benders and is considered one of the best earth benders alive.
As the United Earth States destabilized, Sun Shin's father becomes disillusioned with the system and seeks to restore order and unity once more.
Bending Ability(if applicable): Sand and earth
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

West Cantion
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cantion » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Arya just wants to be his friend...

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:18 am

West Cantion wrote:

Arya just wants to be his friend...

That's what they all say
My RPs:

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:42 pm

I've edited in my second app.

Name: Kuzan
Appearance:

Personality: Due to his military upbringing, Kuzan is very stern, and only speaks when he feels it is appropriate. He does have a relaxed side though, however he suppresses most of those friendly feelings.

Bio: Kuzan was born in the fire nation, the only son of a notable United Forces general. As expected, his childhood was one of strict military discipline. Kuzan was not the only child in the house, with two sisters, although since he was the only son he was subjected to the strictest of his father's discipline. Unlike his sisters, who saw their father as somewhat of a tyrant, Kuzan saw him as an inspiration. He did not like his father, but he wanted nothing more to be better than him. This drive to succeed led Kuzan to work excessively hard in all of his studies. He learned martial arts and firebending, both of which he enjoyed to the point of obsession. When he came of age, Kuzan joined the United Forces. Now, at 38, he is the second-youngest General in United Forces history, beaten only by General Iroh II. His task for years was to defend those who needed defense, but with the recent threats and attacks against Yan, General Kuzan has been called to defend the one individual he never expected to meet - The Avatar.

Bending Ability: Skilled Fire Bender

Name: Kaya
Appearance:

Personality: Kaya has a warm, bubbly personality, although she is extremely loyal to, and protective of, those close to her. When focused on a task, Kaya is very serious and will do what it takes to succeed, but she is not opposed to having some fun along the way.

Bio: Kaya was born into an unremarkable family in the Southern Water Tribe. From the time she was a young child, she and her father would go on long walks through the snow and glacial ice, simply observing their beautiful surroundings. As the younger of two children, Kaya was often favored over her brother, Tonroq. As she got a bit older, she figured out that she had the ability to bend water. Dreaming her entire life about being like the Avatar Korra, she had always wanted to be a water bender, but the skill only showed up around the age of eight. She worked hard at it, and was taught by her father, who was a very talented water bender capable of bending ice. Under his tutelage, Kaya became a very talented young bender. Now, with the return of the Avatar, Kaya has embarked on a boat from the south to Republic City with the hope of meeting the Avatar himself, and perhaps even to teach him her method of ice bending.

Bending Ability (if applicable): She is a quickly-learning water bender, and is able to bend water in its frozen form.
Last edited by Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Multiple Characters are allowed if you can handle it :) accepted
My RPs:

Jaslandia
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaslandia » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:25 pm

This looks interesting. Tag, and hopefully I can put up an app later today.
Call me Jaslandia or Jas, either one works
This nation (mostly) represents my political views.
Factbook
Puppets: Partrica, New Jaslandia, Kasbahan
Pro: Regulated Capitalism, Two-state solution, nice people, Nerdfighteria, democracy, science, public education, rationalism, reason, logic, politeness, LGBT rights, feminism, UN, Democratic Party

Anti: Religious extremism/fundamentalism, terrorism, dictatorship, oppression, hatred, bigotry, racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, conspiracy theories, Stalinism, theocracy, social conservatism, corruption, Nazism, Vladimir Putin, Republican Party

In-between: Religion, socialism, Barack Obama

RP Population: 675,000,000

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse