NATION

PASSWORD

A Land Divided II- AH RP (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

A Land Divided II- AH RP (OOC/OPEN)

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:33 pm

A Land Divided II
Links: IC| Map|

Announcements: IC is up!!
European, Asian, and African nations are playable!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

RP Description:

The year of our lord is 1800. As we enter a new century, full of promise and uncertainty, we take a look back at the memorable moments of our last. The 18th century, was rocked by chaos, a chaos so great, the entirety of the world shook, and it began with thirteen small British possessions in the Americas, that would launch the world into a radical change. The Treaty of Paris(1783), gave birth to thirteen independent states, united by the war, these states would later meet in Philadelphia, in hopes of uniting into one single federation. This was known as the Philadelphia Convention, however for whatever reason this convention failed, and the idea of unification between the former colonies died. Around the same time of the Philadelphia Convention, a confident France waged a war against the minor Italian states, this being, led to the suspicion of her neighbors, who quickly created a web of alliances. Within a few days, the European continent was once again at war, this war however was far greater than any other seen in the world, all of Europe seemed engulfed in the war, from the Scandinavians to the Portuguese in the south. The war lasted for six miserable years, it ended in a bitter stalemate, that left resentment and destruction across the European continent. However due to the European war, and its aftermath, a fever for revolution swept across the Americas, it was a great plague especially Spanish America. It was when New Granada who was the first to ring the bells of independence, did revolutions explode in New Spain and Peru, who passionately overthrew their colonial masters.

That was seventeen years ago. Now a bitter Europe seems ready to explode once again in war, as the peace treaty between them, left unfinished business. The Americas though, still infant and somewhat fearful of their former masters, have prospered and created rivalries of their own. They now look westward with eager anticipation, as slave-revolted states fight to remain free. This is 1800, will you conquer the west as a former British Colony? Resits the whites and create a Native American Confederation? Will you reestablish your presence as a colonial master? Will you survive this new era?

Roster:

List of Accepted Nations:
List of Reserved Nations:

List of NCPS

Rules:

1. Obey NationStates forum rules
    2. Obey the OP and those appointed as per their role
    3. Make sure you are not metagaming, godmodding, numberspamming, or generally RPing in bad form
    4. Have a couple of paragraphs a post and good grammar & spelling
    5. Exercise common sense generously
    6. Be active every couple of days at least

Application and Help:

To create an app, use the following.
    Code: Select all
    [box][size=150][b]Generic Info[/b][/size]
    [b]Nation Name: [/b]
    [b]Symbols: [/b] (ex. Flag, Coat of Arms, National Anthem, personifications, etc.)
    [b]Homeland Population: [/b] (population of everyone in your nation)
    [b]Imperial Population:[/b] (include population of colonies)
    [b]Location/Claims: [/b]
    [b]Capital City: [/b]

[size=150][b]Government Info[/b][/size]
    [b]Government Type:[/b] (ex. The USA is a [i]Presidential Constitutional Federal Republic[/i])
    [b]Ideology:[/b]  (Refer to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_ideologies]this[/url])
    [b]Leader/s:[/b]  (Head of State, Head of Government, etc.)

[size=150][b]Population Info[/b][/size]
    [b]Religion:[/b]
    [b]Ethnicity:[/b]
    [b]Main/Accepted Culture(s):[/b] (ex. IRL-UK would be English, Scottish; only cultures that are dominant and the gov't favors)
    [b]Other Cultures:[/b] (ex. IRL-UK would have been Irish, Welsh, etc ; cultures that aren't accepted by the gov't/people)

[size=150][b]Military Info[/b][/size]
    [b]Army: [/b] (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
    [b]Navy: [/b] (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)

[size=150]Other Info[/size]
    [b]Brief Description of your Economy:[/b]
    [b]Goals: [/b]
    [b]History: [/b]
    [b]RP Sample:[/b] (required)
    451 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/box]

How to make a reservation!
    Code: Select all
    [size=150][b][color=#004080]Reservation:[/color][/b][/size]
    [b]Name of nation:[/b]
    [b]Map/Location of nation:[/b]
    245 - do not remove tracking purpose.

Have fun!
    Credit for RP: Paketo
    Credit for OP Style: Bujahla
    Last edited by Baja California y Sonora on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Baja California y Sonora
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Reserved

The Kingdom of Glitter
    Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
    Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation: Delaware Valley Federation
    Map/Location of nation: PA, NJ, DE, MD

Caltarania
    Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
    Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation: Commonwealth of Texas | Mancomunidad de Tejas
    Map/Location of nation: Texas
    I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Paketo
    Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
    Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:35 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
    Reservation:
    Name of nation: confederacy of the Carolinas
    Map/Location of nation: North and South Carolina plus Tennessee
    I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
    Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
    Paketo wrote:
    Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Epraria
    Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
    Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation: The Louisiana Republic | la République Louisiane
    Map/Location of nation: http://i.imgur.com/5nicwsR.png
    Last edited by Epraria on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
    I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
    Economic Left/Right: -1.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
    98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
    Myansaland wrote:
    HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
    My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Terminus Alpha
    Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
    Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation: The State of Georgia and Her Possessions.
    Map/Location of nation: Georgia and Alabama
    Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
    In the process of becoming a History teacher.
    Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
    Agnostic Atheist
    Democrat
    LGBT+

The Kingdom of Glitter
    Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Generic Info
    Nation Name: The Delaware Valley Federation
    Symbols:
    -Flag
    -Coat of Arms
    -Benjamin Franklin
    -Lady Liberty
    -Turkey Buzzard
    Homeland Population: 1,545,500
    -Delaware: 291,000
    -New Jersey: 231,100
    -Pennsylvania: 662,400
    -Maryland: 381,500
    Imperial Population: N/A
    Location/Claims: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland
    Capital City: Philadelphia

Government Info
    Government Type: Presidential Constitutional Federal Republic
    Ideology: Conservatism, Free Market Capitalism, Federalism, Anti-Slavery
    Leader/s: President Thomas McKean

Population Info
    Religion: Anglicanism (I think that is Episcopalian in the US???) is the dominate majority religion, with Catholicism holding a small minority from the Irish settlers. The Amish are also present in the DVF, mainly settling in Pennsylvania.
    Ethnicity: Mainly white, but The DVF is a safe-haven for former slaves and has a decent population of them.
    Main/Accepted Culture(s): Yankee
    Other Cultures: Afro-American, English, Irish, Scottish, French, Native, Pennsylvania-Dutch

Military Info
    Army:
    -Federal Army
    --15,000 Standing
    --20,000 Reserves
    --Well armed and trained
    --Decent leadership
    -Delaware State Militia
    --Everyday citizens registered as part of the militia, not a trained army.
    -New Jersey State Militia
    -Pennsylvania State Militia
    -Maryland State Militia
    Navy:
    -Federal Navy
    --4 Ship of the Lines
    --5 Man o' Wars
    --9 Sloop o' Wars
    --6 Various Frigates
    -Good leadership, well trained
    -Protects the Delaware River, something crucial to the existence of the DVF

Other Info
    Brief Description of your Economy: The government remains out of economic affairs, and in return private citizens control the economy. Coal mining is a semi-large industry in Pennsylvania, while agriculture is the dominant sector of the economy in all three states. Timber is exported largely from New Jersey and fishing is done off the coasts of Delaware and New Jersey. Animal husbandry is also a large industry in all four states.
    Goals:
    -Remain independent
    -Help slaves escape slave-nations and find refuge in the DVF
    -Emerge as a dominant power in the North
    History: Philadelphia was once regarded as the Birthplace of Liberty for a young nation, a nation that now no longer exists. Since the collapse of the United States, the Delaware Valley Federation has managed to remain independent and as a key player in the North. Bordering the South, the DVF acts as a place of refuge for slaves hoping to find their freedom, and refuses to return them to the slave-states to be forced into slavery once more. Benjamin Franklin, the man who founded the DVF, is honored throughout the nation and brought new levels of prestige to the DVF with his various inventions and discoveries. Slavery was abolished upon the formation of the DVF and has even included in the nation's constitution. Maryland was later annexed following a coup by the Marylander Military, which was pro-DVF.
    RP Sample: I am the Queen yo
    429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
    Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aden Protectorate
    Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
    Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Interesting. Maybe I could play as a Hudson Bay Company that gradually evolved into a self-governing colony? Either that or a settler republic in the prairies.

Paketo
    Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
    Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Generic Info
    Nation Name: The Confederal Republic (Confederacy) of the Carolinas
    Symbols: Eagle, Cardinal, Dogwood Tree, A Tobacco Plant
    Flag:
    Homeland Population: 783,705
    Imperial Population: N/A
    Location/Claims: North carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee
    Capital City: Raleigh

Government Info
    Government Type: Confederal Republic (president serves 6 year term and can run as many times as he wants)
    Ideology: Slavery, States Rights, Southern superiority
    Leader/s: President John Baptista Ashe, Leader of the Carolinain Armed Forces General William Polk
    Population Info
    Religion: No main one but the largest are Baptists and Anglicans
    Ethnicity: English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, German, cherokee
    Main/Accepted Culture(s): English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, German, French, Cherokee
    Other Cultures: African (the slaves)

Military Info
    Carolinain Army: small standing army of some 20,000 men to deal with internal threats but otherwise relies on militia
    Carolinain Navy: 8,000 seamen 5 eight gun schooners, 2 30 gun man of wars bought from France, and 8 12 gun sloops of war make up the battle fleet of the Carolinas

Other Info
    Brief Description of your Economy: The Economy of the carolinas mainly relies on Cash crops grown on plantations by slaves traded to Europe and the northern colonies though the Carolinas has been taking steps to decrease trade with the north. The wilds of tennessee have also added a lumber and fur industries in western Carolinas. The lumber trade had lead to the growing on the shipbuilding industry in Coastal Carolinas and the Furs are a valuable resource traded to europe.

Goals: Get relations with GB back up to sell her cash crops, Expand westward, strengthen relations with other southern colonies

History: With the breakdown between the states during the Philadelphia Conference, North Carolina withdrew back to her own borders and established a Confederacy with their sister state South Carolina electing their first President John Baptista Ashe who has won every election up to 1800 with the next one coming int 1801. Immediately, The carolinas confirmed her hold on Tennessee by sending 3 regiments of North Carolinians of the former Continental army. A further move was done by making a treaty with the Cherokee who agreed to keep control of tennessee in exchange for Citizenship and semi-autonomy. It was a move that was unpopular with some people who wanted to take the Cherokee land but the government stopped any action against the Cherokee. In 1785, The North Carolinain army and Navy were officially formed totalling about 12000 men between the two. From 1785 to 1800, the army and navy were gradually expanded which turned out to be a good move as the Shawnee revolt of 1793 broke out calling the armed forces to put down the Shawnee revolt. The national success of the shawnee proved how ineffective european tactics were in the wilds of tennessee and the intervention of Cherokee warriors are the only thing that saved the army in the early war. The revolt was put down but proved the regular army was almost useless in the frontier. this lead to the establishment of the frontier rifle corps, an elite force of 2000 men set to stop anymore revolts. the next 7 years were quiet in North Carolina with the government trying to reestablish relations with britain to trade.
    RP Sample: #lazy
    anything else to add: #usingappfromorginal
    429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
    Last edited by Paketo on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
    Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
    Paketo wrote:
    Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Baja California y Sonora
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:48 pm

All apps are accepted.
    I'm debating on what nation I should be :-/
    Last edited by Baja California y Sonora on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aden Protectorate
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:Interesting. Maybe I could play as a Hudson Bay Company that gradually evolved into a self-governing colony? Either that or a settler republic in the prairies.

What do you guys think? Slightly leaning to a Prairie territory, maybe I could make it a weird mix of Monarchic and Republican government, with a symbolic King in London, and a Regent who exercises authority in their name and with a powerful parliament.
    Last edited by Aden Protectorate on Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baja California y Sonora
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
    Aden Protectorate wrote:Interesting. Maybe I could play as a Hudson Bay Company that gradually evolved into a self-governing colony? Either that or a settler republic in the prairies.

It's only 1800 settlers aren't yet flooding to the west/Louisiana controls most of the prairie. I mean the Americas are free to anything that is realistic so whatever floats your boat really.

Western Imperial Union
    Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
    Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation:Federal Republic of Virginia
    Map/Location of nation:Virginia, west virginia Kentucky and the southern half of Ohio

Aden Protectorate
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
    Aden Protectorate wrote:

It's only 1800 settlers aren't yet flooding to the west/Louisiana controls most of the prairie. I mean the Americas are free to anything that is realistic so whatever floats your boat really.

I was thinking more in the Canadian area of the Prairie, so maybe a Hudson Bay Company-turned-nation would be more plausible.

Baja California y Sonora
    Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 pm

Aden Protectorate wrote:
    Baja California y Sonora wrote:It's only 1800 settlers aren't yet flooding to the west/Louisiana controls most of the prairie. I mean the Americas are free to anything that is realistic so whatever floats your boat really.

I was thinking more in the Canadian area of the Prairie, so maybe a Hudson Bay Company-turned-nation would be more plausible.

Oh well then sure!

All reservations noted

Aden Protectorate
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:11 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
    Aden Protectorate wrote:I was thinking more in the Canadian area of the Prairie, so maybe a Hudson Bay Company-turned-nation would be more plausible.

Oh well then sure!

All reservations noted

Okay. Settler state it is.

The imperial canadian dutchy
    Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
    Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation:L'Etat Royaliste de Quebec et Amerique de Nord-est
    Map/Location of nation:Lower and Upper Canada, New England+NY
    Last edited by The imperial canadian dutchy on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    e

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Generic Info
    Nation Name: Federàtion Royal Canadien/Royal Federation of Canada
    Symbols: (ex. Flag, Coat of Arms, National Anthem, personifications, etc.)http://i.imgur.com/L3r1WA2.png
    Anthem:
    Gens du pays (Just made far Earlier)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IDituRcRY
    Homeland Population: (population of everyone in your nation)850,000
    Imperial Population: (include population of colonies)
    Location/Claims: http://i.imgur.com/7PwIFDL.png
    Capital City: Montréal/Montreal, Federal Province/Province Fédéral

Government Info
    Government Type: (ex. The USA is a Presidential Constitutional Federal Republic)
    Ideology: (Refer to this)Anglophilia, Canadian Patriotism, Monarchism, Catholicism, Liberalism, Bonapartism, Manifest Destiny, Expansionism, Imperialism, Mission to Civilize
    Leader/s: (Head of State, Head of Government, etc.)
    Rôi Jacque-Marie de Montréal
    First Minister/Prime Ministère Sir James William Blair-de Frontenac
    Population Info
    Religion:Roman Catholic
    Ethnicity:Quèbècois, Anglo-Canadian
    Main/Accepted Culture(s): (ex. IRL-UK would be English, Scottish; only cultures that are dominant and the gov't favors)Quèbecois, Canadien Anglais,
    Other Cultures: (ex. IRL-UK would have been Irish, Welsh, etc ; cultures that aren't accepted by the gov't/people)Abouriginals

Military Info
    Army: (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
    Les Armees Royale de Quebecois:The Royal Army of Quebec is a well trained and well armed force, comprised of Francophone Canadians from the established cities of stone of Lower Canada. trained in traditional European tactics this force is extremely disciplined, however it faces challenges in the way of fighting first nations people for land and God. In total it numbers around 4,250 men, which is 1/2 of 01 in regards of the Canadian Population, this is of course the professional and permanent army, rather then conscripts who can be called up in time of need
    The Canadian Royal Army:This branch of the army is comprised of Anglo Canadians in the Upper Canadian provinces due to living in the frontier of Canada, they are far more elastic in strategy willing to adopt first nations tactics as well as European tactics, depending on the situation, The CRA is decently trained despite being rather new, however they are very well armed due to the funding of Fur traders of English descent. These forces number likewise to the Quebecers army of 4,250.
    The Mounted Police:(You knew this had to be here.)
    Navy: (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)
    Royal Canadian Navy(RCN): The Royal Canadian navy is an older institution comprising of ships given to the Colony by Great Britain following the insurrection against the French during the Canadian Sovereignty Crisis, however despite Canada's massive amounts of useful wood for ship construction, the navy remains quite small due to the limited harbour space mainly due to the St Lawrence freezing most of the time. While the ships the navy does have are decent at their jobs, the Canadian Government is constantly seeking warmer ports to house a larger navy in, particularly the *State of New york*.
    2 Sloops of war "Quebec" "New England" (Ontario)
    1 Ship of the line *Flagship "Britannia"
    Other Info
    Brief Description of your Economy:
    Goals: Reach the West coast, Expand south into the Warmer lands, Engulf the Great Lakes, Make an asston of money, Serve Anglo-Canadian and Franco-Canadian interests, Assimilate the Natives into superior European culture.
    History:
    In the late 1780's after Britain did not actually take the fight to France and left Quebec unmolested during the Seven years war, the population of the small colony started to resent taking orders from an inefficient government hundreds of miles away. In 1779 the Government of France fell in what is now known as the French revolution, the populace of Quebec was most notably Conservative Monarchists, due to the landowners being hand picked nobles for the seigneurial system. Following news of the revolution, Quebecois Patriots seized Quebec City and declared independence from France, and quickly petitioned for protection from the British. the British agreed, under the pretence that Quebec would allow British Crown companies and Citizens settle in Quebec to exploit the vast amount of resources, Quebec quickly agreed.

Following the declaration of independence, the Quebecois celebrated and following the example of the -Third Estate- the Quebecois embraced Democracy, however due to the vast amount of Monarchists in Quebec, especially the aristocracy, a King was agreed upon, to fill this role, the Aristocracy had their own elections among themselves of who would be Quebec's new king, after many months the Count of Montreal Emmanuel-Phillibert de Bastia, a Corsican aristocrat was selected, upon his selection, he adopted the new House moniker of "de Montreal" to signify his connection with the Capital of the new kingdom. Following the selection of Quebec's new king the first democratic election in Canada occurred, with the electoral system based on the British parliamentary system a "Prime Minister" was selected from the Catholic Faction lead by Sir. (Whatever the equivalent is in French idgaf) Jean-Achille Maximilien Artoise.

Many years of stable growth had allowed the Anglo-Canadian population to grow, however this also as you may have guessed caused problems with the French Quebecers who, like their brethren in France disliked the English to a degree, however also loved them due to the protection they provided against any Malicious French anger. To solve this, the government under Tholomeyes Dierdoroise urged Anglo-Canadians to migrate west to the lands of "Ontario" as dubbed by the natives, who found that it was warmer then the freezing hell that is quebec during the winter. Many English complied and dubbed the new territory "New England" to fit their heritage. Upon their arrival the New Englanders founded the town of New Lincoln on the Natural harbour on the lake dubbed "Lake Vivienne" for the Lady of the Lake in English Arthurian legend. The territory received many settlers in the brief time following it's foundation, so much so that the Government of Montreal declared it a full federal province with all the rights and privileges of Quebec.
    RP Sample: (required)New Imperialism 1
    451 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
    Last edited by The imperial canadian dutchy on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    e

The Kingdom of Glitter
    Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:05 pm

For balance sake I ask that Canada not get New England and New York because why?

They can both easily be rather sizable nations on their own.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:06 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:For balance sake I ask that Canada not get New England and New York because why?

They can both easily be rather sizable nations on their own.

Fair enough claims dropped
    e

Aden Protectorate
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Generic Info
    Nation Name: Dominion of Saskatchewan
    Symbols: Emblem of the Lieutenant-Governor, Beaver, Sturgeon, Lady Prairie (personification), Bushel of Wheat
    Homeland Population: 10,000 Settlers, 30,000 Natives (18,000 Cree - 12,000 Assiniboine
    Location/Claims: This
    Capital City: Regina

Government Info
    Government Type: Constitutional monarchy with an inactive (yet still powerful) monarch, represented in right by a Lieutenant-Governor, with most daily power being exercised by the Parliament and the Cabinet (headed by the Lieutenant-Regent and the Prime Minister).
    Ideology: No actual defined ideology, though the politics typically take place in a weird mix of Agrarianism, some policies similar to those of Tommy Douglas, and Conservatism
    Leader/s: King George III (Monarch), Sir Archibald O'Brian (Lieutenant-Governor), Sir Thomas Wesford (Prime Minister)

Population Info
    Religion: Anglicanism
    Ethnicity: Caucasian
    Main/Accepted Culture(s): English, Scottish, Irish, Cree
    Other Cultures: French, Assiboine

Military Info
    Army: The Dominion of Saskatchewan has a mounted Calvary Army that serves to both enforce laws and defend, though policing is it's main concern. Threats of war are handled by both the Royal Saskatchewan Mounted Legion, and the local Militias. In total they have around 750 professional soldiers, however they receive valuable assistance from the Cree, a native group that strongly supports the Dominion as they have been granted favourable concessions. The Cree are not professional soldiers, yet they are excellent horsemen and support the RSML wherever possible. Around 1,000 Cree assist the RSML. The professional soldiers are well-armed with the latest rifles, which they receive through deals with the Hudson's Bay Comapny and through trading with Louisiana. They are trained in the flat terrains of the Prairie.
    Navy: The Dominion has no navy, as it has no coastline, and therefore no need.

Other Info
    Brief Description of your Economy: The Economy of Saskatchewan is primarily based on agricultural produce, livestock and wheat are the main crops, along with others, though these products are sold internally instead of externally. A strong fur trading industry has developed by pursuing lucrative contracts with the Hudson's Bay Company, Saskatchewan furs are prized throughout Europe for their quality. However the Dominion is a relatively new project undertaken, and therefore it is rather difficult to determine the true economic state of the Dominion as things are just getting started.
    Goals: Expand to encompass the Prairies, Develop good relations with the other nations in North America, Create a permanent establishment
    History: The history of the Dominion of Saskatchewan is a relatively short one. Up until 1785 everything goes as in real life history, the land now owned by the Dominion is under the nominal and ineffective sovereignty of the Hudson's Bay Company (which in turn was governed by the British Crown). Despite having a firm trading presence in the area, they are unable to keep control and in order to assert British sovereignty over the Native People's in the area and to avoid encroachment by the budding young nations to the South. The company sponsors a settlement expedition, with the invaluable help of the Cree a settlement of 1,500 is born at a former trading post.

The settlement, called Regina in the name of Queen Charlotte, famed for it's Agricultural bounty and prosperity quickly grows into a large town. The only settlement in Western Canada. The British Monarchy, eying the prosperity of the new settlement put interest in the project, and started to fund it. Settlers soon came flooding in. A Lieutenant-Govenor by the name of Archibald O'Brian was sent to the settlement in order to continue the prosperity.

O'Brian set quickly to work, and nearly worked himself to death to attract settlers. With programs such as free farmland for young families, he also offered farmland to visiting fur traders looking to settle down. In a bid to attract young ladies for marriage to the bachelor population he used his own money to buy a dowry for these ladies (in a system quite similar to les filles de rois, implemented by Jean Talon in RL New France). He also worked to build the Royal Saskatchewan Mounted Legion, in order to police the settlement. He established close ties with the Cree, his principal native allies and granted those who assisted them favourable concessions.

His efforts beared fruit eventually, within a decade the population had increased to 7,000. And settlers were still flocking in. In 1796 the British Monarchy forced the Hudson's Bay company to give up the lands now ruled by the Dominion, an Instrument of Governance was established and it effectively became a self-governing colony. Despite only having one major town and the rest being farms and trading posts. Ever since then the administration has worked tirelessly to build this new domain, but they still have a lot of work to due if they wish for this venture to be successful.
    RP Sample: You know me.
    451 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

If this seems a little unrealistic I will point out that the main settlement is basically a town, the buildings aren't all fancy and everything is still kind of rustic.
    Last edited by Aden Protectorate on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reatra
    Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
    Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation: Las Repúblicas de Las Californias
    Map/Location of nation: http://i.imgur.com/00WRLg4.png
    Last edited by Reatra on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    yee haw it's time for mass line

New Granadeseret
    Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
    Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:55 pm

Reservation:
    Name of nation: Le Ministère Provisoire de Saint-Domingue/ The Provisional Department of Santo-Domingo
    Map/Location of nation: http://pisk.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/ ... aniola.jpg (The whole island)
    Last edited by New Granadeseret on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Stannis was robbed.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:41 pm

New Granadeseret wrote:Reservation:
    Name of nation: Le Ministère Provisoire de Saint-Domingue/ The Provisional Department of Santo-Domingo
    Map/Location of nation: http://pisk.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/ ... aniola.jpg (The whole island)

Oh God Louverture
    e

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse