NATION

PASSWORD

Princess Squadron: The Tales of the Two (closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Princess Squadron: The Tales of the Two (closed)

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Princess Squadron.

Names are the first thing that people notice about you. Or so the saying goes. The name projects something. Something that one will recognize long after one forgets their face. The name is what remains through history...

Squadron 7001, although referred to as 70-O1. But, most commonly known as Princess Squadron. Founded in the midst of the First World War, this Commonwealth Air Force Squadron was one of the most well known and feared air force wing of the times. Generation after generation, the greatest pilots and most skilled leaders were seen with the badge labeling them a member of the 70-O first.

These are the stories and accounts of the final days of the Princess Squadron, before its retirement. The end to a legacy spanning over 100 years of grande adventures, daring maneuvers and life-lasting bonds between the women of the squadron. I welcome you to Princess Squadron: The Tales of the Two

Last edited by Rhodevus on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:48 pm

YEAR: 2006
Time in Air Force: 9 months

Sierra sat down at the bar, sipping away at her bubbled apple juice. She was a year too young to drink legally. Or join the army for that matter. But, what is done is done. She was able to trick the army into believing she was old enough to join, but she dare not risk it any more than she had to. If she waved around her ID, she might get caught and then kicked out of the service. Boy, would that shame her and her parents, a military oriented family.

Sierra sipped away, sitting on a small red bar stool while the bar tender was cleaning the counter top with a white cloth. How cliche. The other soldiers on leave were smiling and playing cards at another table, beers flowing freely. Today was a big day for this bar. Many of its usual guests were soldiers, and it was a busy day now that most of them were on leave.

It was quite hard to spot a man or woman not in uniform in this place, even though there was a few. Sierra took a small sip, then placed her glass down on the bar top. A man put his arm around her. Before doing anything, she checked his shoulder. Yup, a Master Corporal. Two bars and an eagle. She looked at his face. He was cute, but not her type. But, that did not matter to this guy. "Hey little lady. Do you little private want some help? Or some company? You're all alone. Not something someone as cute as you should be."

Sierra grabbed his fingers and lifted his arm over her head, so that it was no longer on her shoulders. "Um, no thanks. I am fine."
He grabbed her chin, so that she was forced to look at him. "You may be fine, but as a superior officer to you, I demand that you let me bye you a drink."
Sierra smirked. "Are you seriously trying to pull rank on me? Do you even know who I am?"
"Of course. You are just the girl to give me a nice kiss." He grinned. Sierra could tell that this one was not drunk like the other few men who had hit on her. They knew that relationships in the military were a very strict thing. So, Sierra warranted that them being drunk was enough reason not to report them. That, and she liked the attention.

"You pig." Sierra said in disgust. "I am not going to give you a kiss because you pulled rank on me and hinted at sleeping with me."
"I bet the little Private has never done it. I bet the little private is gonna get bathroom duty for the next month for speaking this way to a-"
"Say commanding officer." Sierra said sharply, with a touch of anger in her voice. "I dare you."
The Master Corporal smirked. "Commanding Offic-" The man was not able to finish his sentence. Sierra had a mean right hook. And that right hook slamming into the jaw of this man had enough power to throw him to the ground, hitting a young woman as well as a few other soldiers.

(OOC: Christina should be 18 in this story.)
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:34 am

Year: 2006

Christina had a perfect fake ID. Of course she kept her real one. It was great for if she didn't have money on her for a taxi she flashed her Royal ID and said she was on a business trip. The fake ID said her name was Kylie Efren. She choose it because it was similar to her real name. She wore a t-shirt and dark blue jean with her hair in a ponytail. She didn't carry much in her, some money and her cell phone, which she was ordered to call home with every night. Her mother Empress Juliet was worried about her daughter taking long vacations. And poor Ymira was almost all alone without Christina. Christina felt a bit bad about leaving Ymira but to get her to be a bit independent and social wouldn't kill her. She was still a child in Christina's eyes but that didn't mean she didn't love her baby sister.

Cristina pushed open the door to a bar and sat at the front. Christina was very attractive and mature looking so no one questioned her ability to buy beer. She turned down offers to have men buy her drinks but she always said innocently "But I have my own money." Christina knew what they wanted although she'd never been in a situation like that. So if she decided that if she was dragged to a back room she'd show her Royal ID. No one messes with an Everen. She looked to her left to see a man put his around around a woman. She didn't seem to like the attention. They were soldiers of course. Christina though that maybe she should help. One of her ex-boyfriends whom she stayed on speaking terms with had once joking bragged just how much she missed out. He had joined the army and caught the eye of a female superior. He said all he had to do was listen to what she asked him to do for her or with her and life in the army was easy. Perhaps this man was doing this to that woman, although not a mutual relation. Suddenly she was knocked off her stool as the man fell on top of her. "Hey get off to drunk!" She yelled and punched the man's shoulder. Another soldier gripped her arm and slapped her. "You don't punch my soldiers." Christina reacted with her royal marshal arts and threw the soldier on top of the man who fell on her, who was punched by the woman soldier. More soldiers hushed at her and the female soldier some to attack them some to defend them. In no time at all there was a massive bar fight and Christina was lost in a rain of fists.
Last edited by Rezua on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Sierra stood up from her bar stool. People were beginning to fight. Drinks were flying and stools were lifted and knocked over. Dust flew up from the ground, and the bar tenders and waitresses took shelter behind the counter, shrieking in fear. A girl in the centre of the bar was battling away at the men coming at her. She was obviously trained by the way she threw trained soldiers around.

Sierra smiled and ran into the frenzy knocking over a guy behind the girl. She was taller than Sierra by half a head and was throwing her fists around like no tomorrow. Sierra threw a nasty left hook into a man's stomach, before a right uppercut into his chest, sending him flying backwards, knocking over to other people. She jumped up and grabbed a glass out of a young soldier's hand and broke it over another's head as he was charging at the other girl.

Suddenly, a loud whistle was blown. High pitched and in great haste. All the soldiers knew what that sound was; Military Police. The MPs rushed into the tavern, dressed in their grey outfits and black caps, with the bold letters MP written in the centre. Thirty of them charged in batons waiving like madmen. It took no less than five minutes for the fight to be broken up and the MPs to surround Sierra and the other girl, who stood back to back.

"Private Sierra! You are under arrest for starting this fight!"
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Christina soon realized she in soon big trouble. She had been away from home for not even a week and she'd gotten in trouble with the law. Crap. Worst was it was MPs, and she'd kicked the butts of soldiers. They'd figure out her fighting style pretty quick. They also wanted to arrest her comrade in arms...or rather fists and beer bottles. She'd take the fall, she was already in trouble and she wouldn't let this girl take a fall because a guy was about to abuse her.

"Wait! Sir!" Christina called out toward the MP who had spoken. "I started this fight not the private over here. There was a drunkard geting her a hard time. I slugged him and well I wasn't doing too well against several soldiers so the private jumped in to help me from being beaten to a pulp. The other soldiers just got pulled into it. Out of excitements."

Christina held her hands palm up with an innocent face.

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:48 am

The MP's face was hard and cold. He pointed a finger at the girl. "Grab her." Two MPs grabbed her arms and put them behind her back in handcuffs. They led her away by holding onto her shoulders. Sierra looked sadly at the girl as she was brought out of the tavern and into the back of an SUV painted dark green and brown.

The SUV containing the girl and the MPs arrived at a military prison. They lead her through the doors and into a small cell. Closing the door and locking it behind them, the other MPs left leaving just the leader behind. He held onto the bars that were holding the girl prisoner. "You are not military, so the longest we can keep you in here for starting a bar fight is just one night. You will be released in the morning." He started to walk off before turning to face her again. "I don't know who you are, but you saved that private from 2 months lock-up." The Military Police turned and walked away, leaving the girl to smile.
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:59 am

Pssh! One night what a joke! Christina thought to herself. At least her English had gotten better, they probably didn't hear too much Revon in her voice. Or maybe they had but just didn't feel like questioning her about her background. It'd be a sh*tstorm if she was walked into the embassy in handcuffs. Christina shifted onto the cot and slowly began thinking about what she'd done. If they figured out her identity her mother would be the first they'd call. Lucky they didn't ask for ID, her fake one would never survived a military inspector. Christina was also glad she was alone, a holding cell in Rezua could have several detained people. Various drunkards and brawlers usually, or in a separate one petty teenaged thieves and the like. She could say she'd only been in the teen one, it was an accident that Juliet got into so much trouble for. Christina had been drinking at a party when the police suddenly rolled up. Eventually, Juliet was forced to imprison Christina for a week. It had hurt her mother so much but also placed her mother's rage squarely on Christina's shoulders for a bit. It was the reason for their slow break down of their relationship. But Christina reformed herself after it so Ymira wouldn't be a mess-up like her. Christina barely drank anymore maybe a glass now and then. She was determined to give it up soon. She warned Ymira "You'd better never be like me, Ymira. I'm the poster-child for a bad daughter. I drink underaged and I'm a rebel and a princess. Be a good girl Ymira, people will like you. It's too late for me." The reason for this trip to Rhodevus was so that Christina could get away from peer pressure and make herself into a better example for Ymira, and a daughter her mother could be proud of. Was that private worth her image to her family and her mother's enemies? Juliet would be so criticized if the press found out that the empress' own daughter breaks even Rhodeve law. Christina suddenly felt isolated. One night. This isn't one night, if I can't break free of myself I'll be stuck in one of these for months. I must reform.

Christina had fallen asleep at sometime around midnight. She opened her eyes when she heard footsteps. "Hello, I'm here to pick you up." the voice said. Christina looked up and saw the private she'd helped out the night before.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:08 pm

A Military Police officer, about 3 heads taller than Sierra opened the door that seperated the two teen girls. "Thank you Corporal Awnswen." Sierra said kindly to the officer. He nodded before walking back to the main room, where most of the MPs stayed during their off time. Sierra scratched her back, and said shyly, "Thanks for taking the fall yesterday. You saved me from a world of trouble. I'm Sierra by the way. A Private in the Commonwealth Air Battalion."

Sierra walked the girl who had helped her back to the front of the prison and out the door into the crisp morning air. It was the middle of spring, meaning the temperatures were starting to rise, and everyone could be seen in shorts and t-shirts. Well, everyone except soldiers, who wore their usual camouflaged pants and either their cammo jackets or just white t-shirts. All of them wore their dog tags. Sierra fiddled with hers while talking with this girl.
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Rhodevus wrote:A Military Police officer, about 3 heads taller than Sierra opened the door that seperated the two teen girls. "Thank you Corporal Awnswen." Sierra said kindly to the officer. He nodded before walking back to the main room, where most of the MPs stayed during their off time. Sierra scratched her back, and said shyly, "Thanks for taking the fall yesterday. You saved me from a world of trouble. I'm Sierra by the way. A Private in the Commonwealth Air Battalion."

Sierra walked the girl who had helped her back to the front of the prison and out the door into the crisp morning air. It was the middle of spring, meaning the temperatures were starting to rise, and everyone could be seen in shorts and t-shirts. Well, everyone except soldiers, who wore their usual camouflaged pants and either their cammo jackets or just white t-shirts. All of them wore their dog tags. Sierra fiddled with hers while talking with this girl.

Christina stood up "Don't mention it, it was no big deal. Just don't except me to keep taking them, you have got to stay out of trouble, ignore the fact that I'm a hypocrite. I should probably head out now. Name's Kylie Efren by the way." Christina shook Sierra's hand and walked out of the cell toward the door. Christina now just needed to get back to the hotel. And not use her ID to get a free taxi ride. She might be too noticeable. "Hey, Sierra, I know you're busy but I don't have a car or any money on me. Could you drop me off at my hotel?" Sierra stared at her blankly for a minute as if trying to figure out how to answer. Christina was confused until she realized her fault, she had spoken Revon and not English. So again she repeated her request, this time in English.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:A Military Police officer, about 3 heads taller than Sierra opened the door that seperated the two teen girls. "Thank you Corporal Awnswen." Sierra said kindly to the officer. He nodded before walking back to the main room, where most of the MPs stayed during their off time. Sierra scratched her back, and said shyly, "Thanks for taking the fall yesterday. You saved me from a world of trouble. I'm Sierra by the way. A Private in the Commonwealth Air Battalion."

Christina stood up "Don't mention it, it was no big deal. Just don't except me to keep taking them, you have got to stay out of trouble, ignore the fact that I'm a hypocrite. I should probably head out now. Name's Kylie Efren by the way." Christina shook Sierra's hand and walked out of the cell toward the door. Christina now just needed to get back to the hotel. And not use her ID to get a free taxi ride. She might be too noticeable. "Hey, Sierra, I know you're busy but I don't have a car or any money on me. Could you drop me off at my hotel?" Sierra stared at her blankly for a minute as if trying to figure out how to answer. Christina was confused until she realized her fault, she had spoken Revon and not English. So again she repeated her request, this time in English.

Sierra smiled. "Oh sure. What was that? Eubatian or something? Sounds like a Commonwealth tongue. I have definitely heard it before. Well, Kylie. Today is your lucky day." Sierra brought Kylie to her car, a small red vehicle that looked to be around 7 or 8 years old. "She's old, but still runs like a charm."

Sierra sat in the driver's seat, while Kylie took shotgun. Sierra turned her car keys, while the engine gave a light humming sound. Sierra tried once more, allowing the engine to rev to life. "Well, not quite a charm. So which hotel? And don't mind my asking, where'r you from?"
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Christina didn't mind old red cars. A car was s car...unless she found a special one. Christina said to the other girl "Oh I'm from Rezua." She opended her jacket and two IDs and a hotel card key fell out. She hid the IDs in her pocket again quickly and read the hotel name. "The Pine Inn, I think it's a white and green building. "So why did you join the Air Force? If you don't mind." Tjiß question was to remove focus from the IDs.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Rezua wrote:Christina didn't mind old red cars. A car was s car...unless she found a special one. Christina said to the other girl "Oh I'm from Rezua." She opended her jacket and two IDs and a hotel card key fell out. She hid the IDs in her pocket again quickly and read the hotel name. "The Pine Inn, I think it's a white and green building. "So why did you join the Air Force? If you don't mind." Tjiß question was to remove focus from the IDs.

Sierra saw the IDs fall to the ground. She laughed. "Don't worry, I've had fake IDs before. Still do actually... Well, why did I join the air force? My parents really. Both are army folk. Raised my entire life in various military bases around the world and grew up surrounded by the lifestyle. Well, the armed service lifestyle. I turned 17 and a week later I joined the air force. It was a great way to get away from my parents. Or get away from their never ending shadow of achievement in the military. Dad's been knighted and mom's an Advisor-General to the Admiral. Just a strategist with a fancy title. I wanted to do something different than them. So, I joined the Air force. Growing up with a military mind has left me with no other choice than joining into the services."

Sierra breathed out as she turned the corner after a red light. "I joined the Commonwealth services instead of the Rhodeve army so I could go my own way. I don't know why I am telling you this. You taking my place in jail allowed me to stay in the army and not get caught for joining up underage and without parent permission. They think I have been in Ispanza helping build houses for the poor..."
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:Christina didn't mind old red cars. A car was s car...unless she found a special one. Christina said to the other girl "Oh I'm from Rezua." She opended her jacket and two IDs and a hotel card key fell out. She hid the IDs in her pocket again quickly and read the hotel name. "The Pine Inn, I think it's a white and green building. "So why did you join the Air Force? If you don't mind." Tjiß question was to remove focus from the IDs.

Sierra saw the IDs fall to the ground. She laughed. "Don't worry, I've had fake IDs before. Still do actually... Well, why did I join the air force? My parents really. Both are army folk. Raised my entire life in various military bases around the world and grew up surrounded by the lifestyle. Well, the armed service lifestyle. I turned 17 and a week later I joined the air force. It was a great way to get away from my parents. Or get away from their never ending shadow of achievement in the military. Dad's been knighted and mom's an Advisor-General to the Admiral. Just a strategist with a fancy title. I wanted to do something different than them. So, I joined the Air force. Growing up with a military mind has left me with no other choice than joining into the services."

Sierra breathed out as she turned the corner after a red light. "I joined the Commonwealth services instead of the Rhodeve army so I could go my own way. I don't know why I am telling you this. You taking my place in jail allowed me to stay in the army and not get caught for joining up underage and without parent permission. They think I have been in Ispanza helping build houses for the poor..."

Christina smiled "I thought that the Commonwealth army was the Rhodeve army, just like a special branch, ya know. Anyway I don't know what my mom thinks about me. My dad was...eh..well he was murdered awhile back. My mom has taken over as head of the house and raising 2 girls is a big strain on her. I'm too independent and my sister Ymir- I mean Ymarin, funny name to say right?, is too dependent. I mean she's 14 and still probably sleeps with a little blanket. Well, maybe not that childish, but still she's still a kid. My mom adores my sister anyway, as do I, Ymarin looked up to me for some reason. So I came out here to change before I end up on extended stay at a prison. I'm not bad I just...need to stop drinking. Specially since my mom is the em- important person in her company. Haha my English is not so good." Christina hoped her stuttering actually sounded like broken English and not lies.

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Sierra looked calmly at Kylie. "I get that. Big responsibilities placed on you and such. And the Commonwealth Army and the Rhodeve Army are two separate entities. They work closely together, but the Rhodeve army is 100% Rhodeve and the commonwealth is a mixture of all commonwealth members. Ispanza, Eubatu, Rezua and the like. Hey, I have an idea. You are trying to change to become more responsible. Why not join the air force? You can join for as little as a year, since service is not required, and you end with a fair amount of money and enough training to hold your own. I saw you fight, so I know that you can get out of the 3 month hand-to-hand combat training. Or, at least do you want to check it out? You seem like you could thrive in this sort of scenario."

Sierra made the left turn into the hotel parking lot. "Well, here we are." She quickly took out a notebook and wrote on it in pen:

Sierra Abrams,

716-030-4176

Sierra ripped out the note and passed it to Kylie. "Kylie, when you make up your mind, call me. I'll be around to pick you up and help you get through basic training."
Sierra smiled as Kylie stepped out of the car. She drove off leaving Kylie standing in the parking lot in front of her hotel...
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Rhodevus wrote:Sierra looked calmly at Kylie. "I get that. Big responsibilities placed on you and such. And the Commonwealth Army and the Rhodeve Army are two separate entities. They work closely together, but the Rhodeve army is 100% Rhodeve and the commonwealth is a mixture of all commonwealth members. Ispanza, Eubatu, Rezua and the like. Hey, I have an idea. You are trying to change to become more responsible. Why not join the air force? You can join for as little as a year, since service is not required, and you end with a fair amount of money and enough training to hold your own. I saw you fight, so I know that you can get out of the 3 month hand-to-hand combat training. Or, at least do you want to check it out? You seem like you could thrive in this sort of scenario."

Sierra made the left turn into the hotel parking lot. "Well, here we are." She quickly took out a notebook and wrote on it in pen:

Sierra Abrams,

716-030-4176

Sierra ripped out the note and passed it to Kylie. "Kylie, when you make up your mind, call me. I'll be around to pick you up and help you get through basic training."
Sierra smiled as Kylie stepped out of the car. She drove off leaving Kylie standing in the parking lot in front of her hotel...

Christina walked out into her hotel room and flopped on the bed. Great. Know I've attracted attention. Christina thought. What was she suppose to do now, join up? True every Rezuan 18 year old had to go into the army 6 months after their birthday for basic training but they weren't really soldiers, you didn't need to sign on. If you did you'd become Private, if you didn't a few months you came home and where off to college (the 6 months gave teens the chance to work a bit to get money for college). The basic training was given so if drafted soldiers could go straight into combat. It was like a summer camp with guns. Those who did top 5 got free college. Christina would have to go soon anyway. But this Commonwealth was the real deal. But maybe that's the redemption she needed, to join up. Then maybe her mother's rivals would respect the Everens more. Christina picked up the hotel phone and pushed the buttons for her mom. She got through her mom's secretary and then spoke with Juliet. She began with "Mom. I'm calling because there's something important happening." Then she told Juliet the whole story.

"Christina I forbid you to do this. You must come home right now."

"I've got to change mom. For you and for Ymira."

"Christina for once be like Ymira and behave! Listen to your mother and come home.

"See? Why can't you be more like Ymira! That's what you always say. Ymira's the good little princess who's gifted and talented. The news focuses on her to avoid making you look bad. I bet half the commonwealth doesn't even know these's a Christina Everen."

"That's no way to speak about me or yourself Christina."

"Mom, I'm trying to tell you, you've got no reason to be proud of me."

"Christina, theses no need to throw yourself into the air force to make me proud. I am proud-"

"Mom, listen to yourself. What are you proud of? That I nearly got my license taken away for drunk driving but was able to fake the drunk test (OOC: where you walk on the line)? Or when I got into that fight? I'm an embarrassment to our family and to you. I can't live with myself anymore. This isn't about you it's about me. I've got to do this to redeem myself. How can I just keep on living and be a problem child? I'm going to rule someday and...and...well look at me, I've no talent or skill. I'm just a bum."

"Christina!"

"MOM! I've got to do this. I need to be able to have you look up and look someone in the eye and say "I'm proud of my eldest daughter."

There was silence between the two women for nearly an entire minute before the Empress spoke to her daughter, "I suppose I can't talk you out of this."

"No ma'am."

"Alright then fine. Go."

"Bye mom."

"Christina wait...you know I love you right? Christina, I love you for who you are now. You are my daughter."

"Yeah mom I know. Bye."

Christina hung up the phone and pulled her knees to her chest. Her mom had just told her she loved her. That was something Ymira heard every night when Juliet said goodnight to her. But those words never flowed between Juliet and Christina. There were too many arguments, about grades, about boyfriends, about not listening. But her mom had just said "I love you" and Christina didn't even say it back. She began to cry to herself, what kind of daughter was she? However, at the same time Christina just couldn't say those words back, like something was stopping her. Maybe it was because Christina couldn't agree with her mother, she didn't see what her mom saw in her. Christina wiped tears from her eyes and first redialed her mom and apologized "I love you, mom." She said. She could hear sniffing from the other line and whispered "I'll be home in 9 months." Then Christina took a deep breath and dialed Sierra

"Kylie?" Sierra answered.

"Yeah, hi, Sierra. Um I'm ready...and it's Christina. I'll explain on the way to the base."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:15 pm

Sierra smiled, flipping her phone from her left ear to her right. "Perfect, I'll come pick you up in the morning."

Sierra woke up early. She stretched lazily and fell back on her bed, arms behind her head. A soft but long yawn and she reopened her eyes to the sunlight shining through the window. "Christina?" She said out loud, kind of surprised with the sudden change in name. "Kylie Efren? Who is this girl."

She quickly put on her uniform with the jacket and her camouflaged hat. Her hair was tied into a ponytail, making her look professional and older then she actually was. Finally, the combat boots and knife belt and she was ready to go.

She stepped outside and checked her cell-phone. 3 text messages from her father, 2 missed calls from her mother. She checked the text messages.
"Hey bucket. I hope you are enjoying your time in Ispanza. Don't forget the workout routine. You need to be in tip top shape to join the army!"

"Actually, I think your 40 pushups are too low for you. Let's bump that up to 75 with 4 sets."

"Your mother hopes you are enjoying yourself. She called you twice to talk about joining the navy. I already told her your interested in the army. Remember to practice your languages!

Sierra scowled and put her phone back in her pocket. She stepped into her car and turned the key, letting the engine heat up. She turned on the radio. Soft rock was playing.

The car trudged down the road toward the hotel. A light drizzle of rain fell from the soft white clouds, which still let the sun shine through. It was her last day off from the army for the next little while. And, she was going to spend it on the compound. But, she might make a friend out of it, so that was something. A friend you know nothing about Sierra thought to herself. She may not even be Rezuan, she lied about her name. And come on! there are like a million Christinas! How could being known as Christina blow some sort of cover... wait, are there any important Christina's? Any celebrities or something? She checked through her database, aka her mind, and sorted through all the Christinas she knew or had heard about. Obviously, Sierra knew she had missed a bunch of important ones, but from first glance, she thought she had gone through all of them.

Sierra's red car turned into the hotel parking lot and drove up to the entrance. She stood outside the care and waited for Christina to come down. As other people came in and out of the hotel, they saw her in her uniform. It made her feel special. Most army officers said that wearing military garb in public always made them feel important. Like they were saving every person they saw from some enemy. It was not until that day that Sierra finally understood what they had meant.

And boy, did she love it.
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Rhodevus wrote:Sierra smiled, flipping her phone from her left ear to her right. "Perfect, I'll come pick you up in the morning."

Sierra woke up early. She stretched lazily and fell back on her bed, arms behind her head. A soft but long yawn and she reopened her eyes to the sunlight shining through the window. "Christina?" She said out loud, kind of surprised with the sudden change in name. "Kylie Efren? Who is this girl."

She quickly put on her uniform with the jacket and her camouflaged hat. Her hair was tied into a ponytail, making her look professional and older then she actually was. Finally, the combat boots and knife belt and she was ready to go.

She stepped outside and checked her cell-phone. 3 text messages from her father, 2 missed calls from her mother. She checked the text messages.
"Hey bucket. I hope you are enjoying your time in Ispanza. Don't forget the workout routine. You need to be in tip top shape to join the army!"

"Actually, I think your 40 pushups are too low for you. Let's bump that up to 75 with 4 sets."

"Your mother hopes you are enjoying yourself. She called you twice to talk about joining the navy. I already told her your interested in the army. Remember to practice your languages!

Sierra scowled and put her phone back in her pocket. She stepped into her car and turned the key, letting the engine heat up. She turned on the radio. Soft rock was playing.

The car trudged down the road toward the hotel. A light drizzle of rain fell from the soft white clouds, which still let the sun shine through. It was her last day off from the army for the next little while. And, she was going to spend it on the compound. But, she might make a friend out of it, so that was something. A friend you know nothing about Sierra thought to herself. She may not even be Rezuan, she lied about her name. And come on! there are like a million Christinas! How could being known as Christina blow some sort of cover... wait, are there any important Christina's? Any celebrities or something? She checked through her database, aka her mind, and sorted through all the Christinas she knew or had heard about. Obviously, Sierra knew she had missed a bunch of important ones, but from first glance, she thought she had gone through all of them.

Sierra's red car turned into the hotel parking lot and drove up to the entrance. She stood outside the care and waited for Christina to come down. As other people came in and out of the hotel, they saw her in her uniform. It made her feel special. Most army officers said that wearing military garb in public always made them feel important. Like they were saving every person they saw from some enemy. It was not until that day that Sierra finally understood what they had meant.

And boy, did she love it.

Christina looked out the window and could see the younger private waiting for her. Over her shoulder was the only bag she took, a pair of clothes, wallet, toothbrush, camera, gameboy and a few pictures. Nothing else, except for the necklace around her neck, but she never took that off. She wore the same clothes from the other night, shorts and her t-shirt. However she wore one new item. A pair of reflective aviator sunglass. If she was becoming a pilot, she'd need a pair of these. But then she took them off and put them in her bag, she'd be foolish to wear badass sunglasses if she wasn't a pilot let. On the way out she grabbed herself and Sierra a mint and stepped into the car. She tossed the mint to Sierra saying "Here." Then as Sierra started the car Christina began, "As I said earlier, my name is Christina. That's the reason I have two IDs. One is Kylie Efren, the new me. Christina is the old me. But I guess that's changing now, I have to join as Christina. It's for me and my family. To recreate the relationship I lost with my mother. Anyway, I'm sure you're wondering who I am. I'm Christina-"

Sierra cut her off "Wait, I think I know who you are."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:59 pm

"You're that Rezuan Princess that went travelling the world aren't you?" Sierra said, as she reached her a-ha moment. "There was a news article about that a while back. I thought you would be living with King Benner and spending your time with Princess Diana. Didn't know I would actually be able to speak to her! Or fight alongside her! wow, that is kinda cool. I fought alongside a bad-@ss princess."

Sierra smiled and then in a mock servant voice, she said, "Your Highness." She bowed low as best as she could while being trapped in the front seat. "Where can I take you this fine morning? To the ball I presume?"

The two girls burst out in laughter. "Ya, I didn't think you were that type of princess. Well, we have a bit of a drive to the main compound. hour and a half until we get there. Anything on your mind to pass the time?"
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Rhodevus wrote:"You're that Rezuan Princess that went travelling the world aren't you?" Sierra said, as she reached her a-ha moment. "There was a news article about that a while back. I thought you would be living with King Benner and spending your time with Princess Diana. Didn't know I would actually be able to speak to her! Or fight alongside her! wow, that is kinda cool. I fought alongside a bad-@ss princess."

Sierra smiled and then in a mock servant voice, she said, "Your Highness." She bowed low as best as she could while being trapped in the front seat. "Where can I take you this fine morning? To the ball I presume?"

The two girls burst out in laughter. "Ya, I didn't think you were that type of princess. Well, we have a bit of a drive to the main compound. hour and a half until we get there. Anything on your mind to pass the time?"

Christina thought for awhile "So you said your parents are in different branches. So how are they going to react when they find out you were lying to them. That you joined the Air Force." Christina took a moment to think "Heck what are we going to be doing? Pilots doing what? Who is there to fly against?"

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Rezua wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:"You're that Rezuan Princess that went travelling the world aren't you?" Sierra said, as she reached her a-ha moment. "There was a news article about that a while back. I thought you would be living with King Benner and spending your time with Princess Diana. Didn't know I would actually be able to speak to her! Or fight alongside her! wow, that is kinda cool. I fought alongside a bad-@ss princess."

Christina thought for awhile "So you said your parents are in different branches. So how are they going to react when they find out you were lying to them. That you joined the Air Force." Christina took a moment to think "Heck what are we going to be doing? Pilots doing what? Who is there to fly against?"

Sierra chuckled. "Ya, Different branches. My parents are complete military minded. Everything they say to me. 'Sierra have you done your army-certified workout for today?' 'Sierra, have you studied the past 300 years of Rhodeve warfare tactics yet?' 'Oh Sierra, I don't think you have time to go to your best friend's party. You know that today is visit the army base day.' They are going to be upset that I joined the Commonwealth Army instead of the Rhodeve one. They are gonna be upset that I choice the air force instead of their branches. But, in the end I did exactly what they wanted me to do. Join the army..."

Sierra sat quietly for a few moments as they drove down the highway. "No matter what I try to do, I am stuck doing exactly what they want. It is like I have no free will. They groomed me so well, that even when I run away, I have no choice but to do what they want. Don't get me wrong, I love the air force and would never change it for the world. But, I want to do something else after my service. Something other than fighting and strategy."

Sierra sighed, before remembering Christina's other half of the question. "Oh! You wanted to know about the air force! Well, you first are going to go through basic training. Shooting a gun, running a few miles. The normal soldier-y stuff, all the while being tested by eye sight, intelligence and other factors that determine whether or not you are fit to become a pilot. After a bit of that, you learn to fly different types of planes. And, I might be your instructor by then! In 2 months, I am going for my flight teacher's license and if I pass, I will be allowed to teach the new pilots! Anyways, after all that stuff, you will be assigned a squadron, most likely with me, since I 'recruited' you and sent off on missions around the commonwealth. I don't know much of what types of missions. I was only in the service for 9 months. I didn't need basic training, since everyone knows my parents and what they put me through. It took who knows how long to convince them I was a year older than my parents said, and even longer for them to promise not to tell my parents where I was. So far, I have only flown reconnaissance missions and basic air refueling. There should be better stuff later."

Sierra looked at the highway signs, she turned off the main highway onto the East-bound route. "Only an hour left before we arrive. Still excited?"
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Christina gave a short laugh "Excitment or desire to serve has no part in this. This is self-punishment. I need to get myself reformed so why not get disciplined now. This is desire to reform for my family. Here" Christina pulled out two pictures one was a family shot, the other was Ymira. Sierra looked quickly but focused on driving. "That's my mom Empress Juliet. And that cutie there is Ymira. I've always been teased that even though Ymira acts more childish she's got more of a woman's bod than me, if you know what I'm saying. Anyway, I'm a family girl and they've what I've got. I need to make them proud and happy again." Christina paused and said "If we ever were to fight a war Id be shot down in a second. I'm not good at anything, I doubt I'll be a good pilot. Well...I can draw pretty well bit that's not going to help in the Air Force."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:14 pm

Rezua wrote:Christina gave a short laugh "Excitment or desire to serve has no part in this. This is self-punishment. I need to get myself reformed so why not get disciplined now. This is desire to reform for my family. Here" Christina pulled out two pictures one was a family shot, the other was Ymira. Sierra looked quickly but focused on driving. "That's my mom Empress Juliet. And that cutie there is Ymira. I've always been teased that even though Ymira acts more childish she's got more of a woman's bod than me, if you know what I'm saying. Anyway, I'm a family girl and they've what I've got. I need to make them proud and happy again." Christina paused and said "If we ever were to fight a war Id be shot down in a second. I'm not good at anything, I doubt I'll be a good pilot. Well...I can draw pretty well bit that's not going to help in the Air Force."

"You can draw?" Sierra said, turning to look at Christina for a second before turning back to the road ahead of her. "Oh, You must draw me when you get settled in."

The car grew quiet for a little while. In that time, Sierra was able to think. She saw that picture for only a short amount of time, but the face of Ymira stuck with her for some reason. She understood perfectly Christina's comment of her sister having a woman's body. At only 14, she looked old enough to by drinks without being carded by the bar tender. She was definitely good looking. good looking like any other girl. she thought to herself quickly.
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:25 am

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:Christina gave a short laugh "Excitment or desire to serve has no part in this. This is self-punishment. I need to get myself reformed so why not get disciplined now. This is desire to reform for my family. Here" Christina pulled out two pictures one was a family shot, the other was Ymira. Sierra looked quickly but focused on driving. "That's my mom Empress Juliet. And that cutie there is Ymira. I've always been teased that even though Ymira acts more childish she's got more of a woman's bod than me, if you know what I'm saying. Anyway, I'm a family girl and they've what I've got. I need to make them proud and happy again." Christina paused and said "If we ever were to fight a war Id be shot down in a second. I'm not good at anything, I doubt I'll be a good pilot. Well...I can draw pretty well bit that's not going to help in the Air Force."

"You can draw?" Sierra said, turning to look at Christina for a second before turning back to the road ahead of her. "Oh, You must draw me when you get settled in."

The car grew quiet for a little while. In that time, Sierra was able to think. She saw that picture for only a short amount of time, but the face of Ymira stuck with her for some reason. She understood perfectly Christina's comment of her sister having a woman's body. At only 14, she looked old enough to by drinks without being carded by the bar tender. She was definitely good looking. good looking like any other girl. she thought to herself quickly.

Christina looked puzzled "Don't I have to sign up when we get there? When will I get free time in bootcamp? Or maybe I could do it at night, in the barracks." Christina put the photos back into her shoulder bag and said "We're going to be friends, Sierra. You will have to meet Ymira and my mom one day. We'll have one of those massive dinners. Both of them would like you in an instant. Oh hey why wait! You can always take the phone from me to say hi to my mom and Ymira's got a cell phone. Just introduce yourself and you'll be fine. You can take your parents to the dinner to as an apology for not joining their branches." Christina paused as if done but suddenly said "What are the others like? I know that barracks are broken up by gender so what will the other women be like?"

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Rezua wrote:
Christina looked puzzled "Don't I have to sign up when we get there? When will I get free time in bootcamp? Or maybe I could do it at night, in the barracks." Christina put the photos back into her shoulder bag and said "We're going to be friends, Sierra. You will have to meet Ymira and my mom one day. We'll have one of those massive dinners. Both of them would like you in an instant. Oh hey why wait! You can always take the phone from me to say hi to my mom and Ymira's got a cell phone. Just introduce yourself and you'll be fine. You can take your parents to the dinner to as an apology for not joining their branches." Christina paused as if done but suddenly said "What are the others like? I know that barracks are broken up by gender so what will the other women be like?"

Sierra chuckled slightly. "You're thinking of the army. The airforce is not broken up by gender until you finish with bootcamp and are able to fly every plane in its arsenal. I am still living with a bunch of guys. Everyone knows that doing 'anything' is wrong and punishable by serious prison time. I should be in girls only barracks in a few months. You will have some time before you can be with only girls again!"

Sierra laughed. "But don't worry. The girls are very nice and so are the guys. Some are cute, but you need permission from a supervisor if you want to date one. Too much hassle for me, I think. We should be there in 15 minutes or so. Bootcamp is gonna be rough the first few days, I can surely promise you that. Half the day is strategy, languages and history, the rest is physical exercise. Most people in your educational half are gonna be from other places in the commonwealth. Very few Rhodeves. We all have actual school courses dealing with this during Mandatory Military School."
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Rhodevus wrote:
Rezua wrote:

Sierra chuckled slightly. "You're thinking of the army. The airforce is not broken up by gender until you finish with bootcamp and are able to fly every plane in its arsenal. I am still living with a bunch of guys. Everyone knows that doing 'anything' is wrong and punishable by serious prison time. I should be in girls only barracks in a few months. You will have some time before you can be with only girls again!" "Sierra laughed. "But don't worry. The girls are very nice and so are the guys. Some are cute, but you need permission from a supervisor if you want to date one. Too much hassle for me, I think. We should be there in 15 minutes or so. Bootcamp is gonna be rough the first few days, I can surely promise you that. Half the day is strategy, languages and history, the rest is physical exercise. Most people in your educational half are gonna be from other places in the commonwealth. Very few Rhodeves. We all have actual school courses dealing with this during Mandatory Military School."

Christina laughed "You're kidding right?" When Sierra didn't laugh Christina said "I'm not staying in a barracks with men. No way am I changing in there. Sierra look at me, they wouldn't take their eyes off me. My mom would flip if I told her this. In Rezua men and women must be separated in the military, unless in combat, for privacy reasons. There were too many harassments in the early days so the government got tired and just made that a law. Now if they do the act, as long as it's not in public display and mutual the army doesn't care as long as no one gets pregnant. Those who assault someone are dishonorable discharged if proven guilty." Christina checked her phone and sighed "Jeez 23 texts from Ymira. I'm going to have to answer her very quickly before we get there. Hold on I'm gunna call her." Christina hit the call button on her flip phone, put the phone on speaker and waited then she got an answer from a soft and cute sounding voice on the other end. Even when Ymira was shouting it sounded like someone just above their normal tone. "Hello?"

"Ymira hey! Say hit to my friend Sierra!" Christina said.

"Hello Sierra. Mommy....I m-mean mom said you were joining the army"

"Nope, I'm going the Commonwealth Air-force."

"In R-rhodevus?"

"Yes, I'll only be gone for 9 months, maybe 6."

"But...but...I-I'll miss you! You need to come home!"

"This is for the best. I'll give you a flight when I get home."

".....promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay then bye-bye...oh wait, Christina be careful army men are crazy."

"So am I Ymira. Don't worry."

Christina hung up the phone and rolled her eyes "Remind me to get Ymira to start speaking louder when we get back. She'd never survive bootcamp."
Last edited by Rezua on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents