NATION

PASSWORD

A New Creation (OOC 2/Dead/God RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

A New Creation (OOC 2/Dead/God RP)

Postby Bentus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:06 am

OP : Bentus
Co-Ops: The Seven Archangels
A special thanks to Terminus Alpha for creating this RP and the original post. This is his original creation.

Once, there was only darkness. Nothingness reigned. Creation was not yet ready, its essence was still frozen, stopped where it was when the last Creation ended, when the last Pantheon ended. This dark essence was only broken by small motes of light, the seeds of what was to come. These seeds were the last hope for Creation, the remnants of the last Pantheon - the souls of the Gods themselves.

Now, light flowed into Creation. Nothingness was beat back once again. The essence of Creation liquefied, turning from frozen and void of color into a flowing sea of grey. The motes - the Souls of the very Gods themselves - grew from the essence and all knew that the new Pantheon must be born. Creation continued in the background of their growth. The majority of the Essence turned solid black once again, unused and unneeded - for now. Some continued to flow, remaining liquid and flowing slowly. Yet more birthed souls, changing from grey to gold. These souls took to the Gods, asking for bodies, promising themselves to the Gods in exchange.

Now, Creation once again fell dark, as the Gods argued and jostled for positions. This continued until the Souls rose, demanding their promised bodies, and the Gods saw to making the Followers world. Plants and water grew from Essence. Black ground was replaced with brown Earth or yellow Sand. The Gods made their followers bodies, and placed them in the world. The followers made totems to their chosen God, and the totems gave the Gods power. Now the Gods take their struggles to the Mortal realm seeking to control the Mortals and become the One True God.

Rules
  • 1. Stay within your powers. If you are the God of Earth, you can't make oceans.
  • 2. Gods can't be killed outside of extreme cases which have to be discussed OOC-ly beforehand, but they can be kicked from the Pantheon, which strips them of a lot of power. The Chief of a Pantheon is the only one who can kick a member.
  • 3. Mortals are the key to power. More followers = more power.
  • 4. You can be God of only two areas. And they can't be contradictory.
  • 5. Gods with similar domains are allowed. However, you must get in contact with the RPers with any over-lapping domains to get their opinions on their app. If they feel that your app overlaps too strongly, or they do not like the idea, then it is likely that you will be denied.
  • 6. As this RP is on-going, new God apps would preferably have a little hint at an explanation as to their lack of prior IC involvement. Although we can generally overlook this and is not a hard-bound requirement for apps.
  • 7. Only accepted RPers can post apps for artefacts, mortals and nations/factions. The apps for these are located in the archive. Please post any applications here in the OOC thread, and then post any accepted apps into the archive. Cheers and thank you!

The Pantheons
  • The Elder Pantheon:
    Chief Deity(ies): Vardaelia, Tengeryel
    Members: Ashur, Lodav, Mirayeset, Stana, Selena, Nul, Maestrahs, Arnen, Brynja, Nul, Reki, Atum, Illyrio
  • The Dark Pantheon:
    Chief Deity(ies): Hahvulon
    Members: Ornara, Lucien, Morse'lim
  • Gods Not in a Panethon:
    Syreli, Ishtarte

Currently Accepted and Active Gods
The Seven Archangels - Morse’lim, God of Death and Destruction
Bentus - Ornara/Zrixith, Goddess of the Ocean and Monsters
The Burning Sun -Selena, Goddess of the Arts and the Night
The Seven Archangels - Caelum, God of the Sun and Storms *DECEASED*
Asterdan - Hahvulon, God of Fear and Nightmares
Paketo - Stana, God of Family and of the Hearth/Home
The Starlight - Vardaelia, Goddess of Nature and Earth
JRolo - Arnen, God of Randomness/Gambling and Cleverness
Lunas Legion - Syeli, Goddess of Space and Time
The Ik Ka Ek Akai - Mirayeset, Goddess of Salt Water and Serenity
Novum Alexandria - Lucien, God of Subterfuge and Ambition
The NAR - Ashur, God of the Hunt and Strategy
Kaoiluja - Lodav, God of War and Justice
Of the Quendi - Ishtarte, Goddess of Chaos

God Application
Delete everything in parentheses.
Code: Select all
[i][b]God's Name:[/b][/i]
[b][i]God's Powers:[/i][/b] (These are the areas your God controls.)
[i][b]God's Divine Form:[/b][/i] (What your God looks like to other Gods.)
[b][i]God's Mortal Form:[/i][/b] (What your God looks like to Mortals.)
[i][b]God's Bio:[/b][/i] (What happened between your God forming and now?)

[i]RP Sample:[/i] (A good example of your RP skill.)

Links
IC
Archive
Old OOC
Last edited by Bentus on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:08 am

Reserved just in case.
Never know when this might come in useful!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:43 am

Bentus wrote:Reserved just in case.

But...don't we get 500 pages before threads are locked?
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:20 am

The Burning Sun wrote:
Bentus wrote:Reserved just in case.

But...don't we get 500 pages before threads are locked?

I meant reserving the second post. Reason for the new thread is that it means that we can edit the OP as needed.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:11 am

Pay no attention, just marking the new thread
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 am

Hello!
Last edited by The Starlight on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:12 am

The Starlight wrote:Hello!

Bonjour! What do you think? It's got that fresh new thread smell.

Also, forgot to mention earlier! If I've accidentally left anyone out of the list above, let me know - I just copied the archive and took out those folks who have told me that they've dropped out, so there could still be some hiccups to fix yet.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:13 am

Got the tg, I am rather busy ATM so I'll most likely have to post an app later.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:24 am

Syeli doesn't have an r in. Just saying.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:50 am

Bentus wrote:
The Starlight wrote:Hello!

Bonjour! What do you think? It's got that fresh new thread smell.

Also, forgot to mention earlier! If I've accidentally left anyone out of the list above, let me know - I just copied the archive and took out those folks who have told me that they've dropped out, so there could still be some hiccups to fix yet.

*Sniffs* Smells beautiful.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

JRolo
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby JRolo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:19 am

Ahh, a new thread. :D
Generic Stuff:
I live in Colorado. I hate my country and love my state. I am a genius. And a male. And think Xbox is better than PlayStation.

Click something! Do it! Now!
The world's biggest problem is not
Racism,
Climate Change,
War,
Terrorism,
Vaccines,
Religion,
or Feminism.

But it is
A**holes
and
Idiots.

JRolo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby JRolo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:24 am

What should I do? I honestly have no idea what to do with my character.
Generic Stuff:
I live in Colorado. I hate my country and love my state. I am a genius. And a male. And think Xbox is better than PlayStation.

Racism,
Climate Change,
War,
Terrorism,
Vaccines,
Religion,
or Feminism.

But it is
A**holes
and
Idiots.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:28 am

JRolo wrote:What should I do? I honestly have no idea what to do with my character.

You can always join our nice gathering. The Dark Pantheon's recruiting too ;)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:28 am

Woo! New thread!
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

JRolo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby JRolo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:39 am

Bentus wrote:
JRolo wrote:What should I do? I honestly have no idea what to do with my character.

You can always join our nice gathering. The Dark Pantheon's recruiting too ;)

I already did, a LONG while ago. My nation and my god have nothing to do. I've conquered the corrupted nations, and Alea is flourishing too. Should I wage war against another country, or another god, or try to maybe mess with someone?
Generic Stuff:

Racism,
Climate Change,
War,
Terrorism,
Vaccines,
Religion,
or Feminism.

But it is
A**holes
and
Idiots.

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:10 am

Boop.
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:32 am

God's Name: Morse’lim
God's Powers: Death and Destruction (War)
God's Divine Form: Imgur Link
God's Mortal Form: Imgur Link
God's Bio:
Originally known as O’lim, the old god of death had found himself merged with a mysterious entity previously unknown to the other gods. He continues his feigned existence as the god of death, though the reality behind what and who he was now is uncertain at best.
What can be said is that he is even more cold, ruthless, intelligent, destructive, and hell-bent on warfare than ever before and there seems to be little reason to explain why this is so. The same could be said for his somewhat altered appearances, though the differences a small to say the least.

So this will be the god I shall be using until I get another Sun and Storm god up. When I'm done with him, the areas of Death and Destruction will be open to anyone else that hasn't made an app yet but wants to. (The areas of Sun and Storm are still reserved by me, and I have an IC reason to do so as some are already aware.) I'm also going to replace the Elder Empire. Cause I want to.

Nation/Faction name: Elgaran Empire
Race(s): Elgarians (Dark Orcs, Humans, and Elves)
Patron God(s): Morse’lim
Current Leader(s): Ten'olga
Geographical area and key features: A series of small and large islands to the north-west.
Brief History:
The Elgarians are a collection of races that were gathered up to serve Morse’lim in his efforts to create his own sphere of influence when he was still O’lim. His later corruption was also reflected in them, however, and the sea-faring nation of orcs, humans, elves, and others were later changed into much darker bastardizations of their former selfs.

The nation as a whole is wholly devout to Morse’lim, and is prone to do whatever the whim of himself or his chosen prophet, currently Ten’olga, commands. They are also very ritualistic, believing in sacrificial rites amongst other ceremonies that are designed to honor their god and give him strength.

Other details:
The population is noted to live extraordinarily long lives, despite having no physiological reason to do so. While their population growth is lessened due to limited space, they also seem to have little need for sustenance as well due to their physical corruptions. The government is wholly commanded by the Prophet of Morse’lim, and is then delegated to a rather interestingly large council of religious and military leaders.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:14 pm

The Seven Archangels wrote:God's Name: Morse’lim
God's Bio:
Originally known as O’lim, the old god of death had found himself merged with a mysterious entity previously unknown to the other gods. He continues his feigned existence as the god of death, though the reality behind what and who he was now is uncertain at best.
What can be said is that he is even more cold, ruthless, intelligent, destructive, and hell-bent on warfare than ever before and there seems to be little reason to explain why this is so. The same could be said for his somewhat altered appearances, though the differences a small to say the least.

So this will be the god I shall be using until I get another Sun and Storm god up. When I'm done with him, the areas of Death and Destruction will be open to anyone else that hasn't made an app yet but wants to. (The areas of Sun and Storm are still reserved by me, and I have an IC reason to do so as some are already aware.) I'm also going to replace the Elder Empire. Cause I want to.

Geographical area and key features: A series of small and large islands to the north-west.
Brief History:
The Elgarians are a collection of races that were gathered up to serve Morse’lim in his efforts to create his own sphere of influence when he was still O’lim. His later corruption was also reflected in them, however, and the sea-faring nation of orcs, humans, elves, and others were later changed into much darker bastardizations of their former selfs.

The nation as a whole is wholly devout to Morse’lim, and is prone to do whatever the whim of himself or his chosen prophet, currently Ten’olga, commands. They are also very ritualistic, believing in sacrificial rites amongst other ceremonies that are designed to honor their god and give him strength.

Other details:
The population is noted to live extraordinarily long lives, despite having no physiological reason to do so. While their population growth is lessened due to limited space, they also seem to have little need for sustenance as well due to their physical corruptions. The government is wholly commanded by the Prophet of Morse’lim, and is then delegated to a rather interestingly large council of religious and military leaders.

Ok, so the God's accepted - but I'm a bit nervous about the 'little need for sustenance' bit. How little? ;)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Bentus wrote:
The Seven Archangels wrote:God's Name: Morse’lim
God's Bio:

Brief History:

Other details:

Ok, so the God's accepted - but I'm a bit nervous about the 'little need for sustenance' bit. How little? ;)

I put that to more or less explain how they can sustain a stable population on a bunch of small islands without being strictly reliant on fish (which isn't the best food source for building cities off of btw), or being fish themselves.

Loptry
Secretary

Founded: Dec 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Loptry » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:26 pm

God's Name:[b] Boita`ta
[b]God's Powers:
The Desert and Summer God
God's Divine Form: A giant snake whose head was replaced by a mass of sand full of eyes and Its body is made of diamond
God's Mortal Form: A black boy with golden hair
God's Bio: When the world has finished, only the cold weather existed...when the fire touched earth...The Diamond snake has inseminated, after when the winter has gone, and the spring ushered, water flooded where Boita`ta has, when he awakened because of the flood, summer ushered...and the first desert has been created

RP Sample: The wind changes His Dunes, but He doesn't care, the desert always will exist, like His chosen, Snakes, Scorpions and the people who lives and fight to survive in His Sand, He will allow water in His domain...They're, these humans come to worship him, just because He said to His Chosen to not attack them anymore

Kaoiluja
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaoiluja » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Anybody wanting to join the dark Pantheon go ahead. We are going to need a few more than three people to have a legitimate war.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Kaoiluja wrote:Anybody wanting to join the dark Pantheon go ahead. We are going to need a few more than three people to have a legitimate war.

You have effectively got Syeli as a third party in said war, although her lack of mortal support means that she can only involve herself with the divine side, unless she can find a means by which she can involve herself by proxy.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Looks like a lot happened while I was gone. Yet I still can't think of anything to post.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Charellia wrote:Looks like a lot happened while I was gone. Yet I still can't think of anything to post.

Since you'd probably be at the meeting after Caelum's death, you could probably post about reactions to events there (the Dark Pantheon revealing itself, Syeli being ejected from the Pantheon, etc)

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Charellia wrote:Looks like a lot happened while I was gone. Yet I still can't think of anything to post.

Since you'd probably be at the meeting after Caelum's death, you could probably post about reactions to events there (the Dark Pantheon revealing itself, Syeli being ejected from the Pantheon, etc)

That's an option, but I would prefer to post something a little more substantial. Maybe I'll just give it a few hours and see if anything more happens that I can respond to.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse