NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: Dynasty (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Game of Thrones: Dynasty (IC)

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:29 am

Prince Viserys Targaryen
Dragonstone, Blackwater Bay

Viserys was in a waiting chamber outside of the room of his father, Aegon Targaryen. The Prince of Dragonstone had fallen ill in the past few days, there were rumors of poisoning spreading around the castle. There were two potential culprits that everyone was pointing to. Viserys himself, or Daenerys. It was know that Aegon and Daenerys had long since grown apart. The siblings had gotten into some kind of disagreement many years ago, and now were at each others throats over the whole ordeal. Viserys is proof that their children had not been involved in the disagreement. Viserys married the Granddaughter of Daenerys by her first son. They had their own children and lived on Dragonstone. Other members of his family have scattered to Harrenhal, Summerhall, and even to court. It was a shame that none of them were here while his father lay on what could very well be his death bed.

It was around 2 in the morning when news came from Maester Halys. "Viserys, can you come in here." Viserys walked into the room. Aegon lay on the bed. His face was pale, much more pale that the usual Valyrian complexion. It was as if death had already descended on him, but he was still talking. "My son, Viserys. There is something I must pass on to you. I have given my blade to your son, but there is knowledge which I can only entrust to you." He motions for Viserys to lean in. He does so and Aegon whispers something into his ear. Viserys' face dropped, "But that means.." he started, but his father was gone. He passed on the knowledge and died. "Maester, send a letter to Kings Landing informing them of Aegon's death. I am taking a ship to the Wall now. My son will be in charge until I get back." The Maester went about his work. Wrote the letter to send to Kings Landing announcing the death of Prince Aegon Targaryen and announcing that Viserys was next in line as Prince of Dragonstone and Heir to the Iron Throne through his father Aegon.

Septon Tommen
Red Keep, Kings Landing

Seven Curse that Aegon, the Septon thought as he wandered the halls of the Red Keep. He had come to court to try and convince the Queen to force the conversion of Dragonstone and its tributaries back to the Faith of the Seven. Instead there is a mixture of the Red God and Old Valyrian religions being practiced on the island. Instead he now waits as the Queen lies dying in her bedchambers attended to by Grand Maester. He hadn't even been able to see her. Instead he is left waiting while a runner leaves the room. Within the hour, bells are ringing. He sits down sobbing as Ravens fly to all corners of the realm announcing the death of Queen Daenerys the Good, Savior of Westeros.

Lucarys Targaryen
Dragonstone Tower, 0 Days After the Fall of the Dragons

Lucarys had woken up early to the sound of bells. A Raven in the night perhaps? He was walking the halls when he found his mother, who took him aside. "Lucarys, Your Grandfather Aegon died last night and Queen Daenerys died in the same night. There is some confusion as to when each of them actually died. To make matters worse, your father took 20 knights and our fastest ship to sail to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea to 'conclude family business'. I do not know what he is talking about, but he named you Regent in his stead. Now with the Queen dead, your father isn't here to press his claim. The next few days will be hectic. I will have a Raven sent to Gulltown to try and intercept your father and turn him around. I'm sure he will stop there on his way north. I'm writing a letter to be distributed to all of our Kin regarding the succession. Aegon was the heir still, and Viserys was his oldest son. Viserys should be King, you are his son, so you are now Prince of Dragonstone."

Lucarys let that sink in, "Me? Prince of Dragonstone? That would make me heir apparent if father becomes King. What about you though? Your father was the first son of Daenerys. You surely have some claim." Rhaenys thought about it, "This is true, and as the child of Rhaegar I have full claim to his rights. And you have claim through me. It is a narrow line, but you do have a claim yourself because of this. Between the four of us, including your sister, there is enough confusion to call a Great Council. I will have Maester Halys make ready letters to do just that. Until then, I am going to Kings Landing."

Lucarys watched as in less than a few hours he went from a first born son of the heir to Dragonstone, to the possible Prince of Dragonstone and its only surviving Dragonrider. He decided that's where he'd spend his morning. Breakfast could wait, he needed to see to Fyrax who would be troubled with a suddenly enraged Viserion. When he did arrive Fyrax had taken Viserions old lair near the crown of the Dragonmont. Below, in the deeper lairs Viserion could be heard roaring in anger and the occasional blast of golden fire erupted into the caldera. Patting his dragon as he approached and mounted, Fyrax seemed much calmer than the larger Viserion. The Great White Dragon had grown to massive size living so close to the Dragonmont. Fyrax had been growing fast as well, but wasn't as large as the middle aged dragon.

Fyrax took to the skies as a silver dart. He circled the island to watch his mother's ship depart for the Capitol. His Grandfather's landing was open and he put down there and went into the grand chamber. Aegon's body had been removed already in preparation for a funeral. With Viserion enraged right now, it was up to Lucarys and Fyrax to create the pyre. Looking around the room, he felt a sense of ownership over the structures that Aegon had built into the Fortress. What was formerly a western outpost for the Valyrian Freehold, Dragonstone was now the seat of a large castle with a sizable garrison and a levy that could put many mainland houses to shame. He summoned Houses Velaryon, Celtigar, and Bar Emmon to attend him at Dragonstone for the funeral of Aegon.
Last edited by Nuxipal on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Givious
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Givious » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:23 am

Prince Aerion Targaryen
King's Landing

Prince Aerion sits in his chambers, a number of letters from lords about various issues and long parchments with detailed lists of the expenses of the realm and other various intelligence. Aerion kept tabs on Tyrion's reports, having part of the Royal treasury in Casterly Rock was a constant issue for him. He had a full cup before him of a Dornish wine; one his cousin Oberyn had cited as one of the best he had ever had; Aerion for once in his life was not impressed by his cousin's choice. He recorked the bottle, pulling a bottle of Arbor red from his drawer he drinks the rest of the cup of Dornish wine and pours himself a new cup. He scratches at his patch, the damn thing always bothering him. He pulls it off, the old battle wound scarred over and "healed". As he looks over the reports the doors to his chamber burst open, a runner entering.

"What in seven hells are you doing!" Aerion looks with his single eye in a rage.

"The Queen..." He is out of breath... or crying... "She is dying my lord..."

The boy cannot finish his statement as Aerion bursts out of his chair, dropping the cup of wine and knocking the bottle over on the desk as he bursts out of the room. He is wearing nothing but trousers, his patch not on his eye. Tearing through the halls of the Red Keep he knocks over servants and men at arms running getting to his mothers chamber. As he makes it to it, Ser Robert Kettleblack and Ser Tristane Wyl stand on guard, Aerion passing both without issue as he enters the room. He sees the Grandmaester sitting by the bed, his mother as pale as snow.

"Aerion..." She whispers out. "Your eye..."

"Mother!" Aerion drops next to the bed, holding his mother's hand. He had not shed tears for his father, but they flowed from his eye for his mother. "Not now mother..."

"Oh, my child," Her slender fingers touch his cheek, wiping away a tear from his face. She then lifts his chin, so his eye meets hers. "All mothers must leave their children, I have been fortunate enough to see you grow into the man you are, and my grandchildren into adults."

"There is much to do..." Behind him the door opens once more. Daeron, his son, enters. His hair is a mess, no doubt he was sleeping when he was awoken by the messenger. He looks upon his grandmother who smiles. "Daeron... get Ser Davos."

"Grandmother..."

"Go son!" Aerion barks at his son who takes off once again into the castle. Aerion turns back to his mother who is still smiling.

"Such a strong boy... he will make a great..."

"Mother," Aerion cuts her off. "Ser Davos is far... by the Seven as my witness and the Grandmaester to watch over, who do you declare your heir?"

Daenerys turns to her son, her eyes soft compared to the stare she was known to have. "Grandmaester... a pen and parchment."

The old man slowly stands, walking over to the nearby draw. He draws out a quill and ink. Walking back over he pulls up some parchment, clearing his throat as he nods to the Queen as she starts speaking. As the words, and the name pass her lips, Aerion stays knelling on the floor. He holds him mothers hand as she says the words, and the Grandmaester writes them down. As she finishes she holds out her hand for the quill. It is handed to her with the parchment, and she signs it at the bottom. As she does this she lets out a sigh, and closes her eyes.

"Mother..." Serion squeezes her hand. Nothing.

"Mother!" Aerion sits forward, grabbing her arm and giving a pull as her head slides on her pillow.

"MOTHER!" His yell breaks the silence of the night in the Red Keep.

"MOTHER!" By now not a soul was awake in the Red Keep after Aerion's cries. As he begins to sob, reaching for her Dearon and Ser Davos both enter the room, along with Ser Richard. Richard pulls back Aerion, who is crying.

"Father..." Daeron reaches for his father, who turns to him. "Daeron, leave us." Daeron looks shocked, unable to speak. "Go, find your brother and sister and bring them here. They should be here..." Daeron looks around for assistance, but soon leaves the room again. Aerion looks at Davos, handing him the letter signed by the Queen.

"Her last words, and declaration of her heir... all it needs is your signature and seal."

"These are her words," The grandmaester says as he stands slowly. "Written by my hand."
Imperial Givosion State

“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:45 am

ImageHouse Mormont

Hold the line, raise your shields, face the enemy without fear! shouted Randar from the middle of the shield wall. It was early morning, the House has just gotten new recruits and is now training them, with Randar leading them by example in the courtyard. The recruits raised their shields, 10 at the most, facing another 10 soldiers, who are veterans and experienced in battle. Jorge gave the signal to the veterans to charge against the recruits, with the results being the veterans pushing the recruits father from their position, but at least they held the wall. Shields down said Randar, who was slightly impressed with the integrity of the new 'Cubs". Come here and listen, you did good holding the line, with your shields still raised he said with a proud voice, but that voice later sounded cautious. But you were pushed away from your position, in battle, we need to hold the line, no running, no falling, and hopefully no dying he said calmly while the recruits listened attentively to the 7 feat Bear of a Man. Crann Inmain will teach you the rest, for now, I have business to attend to he told his new recruits while Crann was walking towards the new recruits. Randar nodded to Crann, who later shouted orders to the new recruits, who were a bit terrified of the veteran. Randar made his way into House Mormont's hall, where the banners of the House are proudly raised.

His sisters, Keila and Ayara were eating breakfast, so was Jorge and Corrad, who were talking in the main table, opposite to one another. Randar took a seat in between his sisters and brother and uncle. The family moved closer to one another, to eat together, like a family. Everything was peaceful until the old Castellan Landor Liddle came and reported recent events that happened in the Island. What are the reports Landor? Anything new? asked Jorge. Well, everything is peaceful right now, our ships just came back from the sea with fish and other food stuff. Recruits were gathered, as you saw earlier Lord Randar, and finally, some important 'issues' are needed to be addressed. and with that, the reports were done. Jorge and Randar looked at each other with a concerned face, Corrad and the Twins were indifferent , so they continued talking and eating. Jorge and Randar finished their meals and made their way into the small council chamber, where they would usually hold meetings to discuss issues of importance.

So, what are these 'issues' that you said Landor? asked Randar, who was just as curious as Jorge was. As you know, you're head of the house, you're young and strong. You look like your ancestors in their youths, well built body and face, and you have good heart and intelligent mind. These things are good for finding wives, and with you almost turning 20, you should find a good wife while young. said Landor. Randar was amused, and he and Jorge agreed on the matter. Rhaenyra would make a good wife, but you need to pass Daeron, her brother. said Jorge. Aye, House Targaryen of King's Landing would make a good ally in the future, especially with making connections deeper in King's Landing said Landor, who agreed with the marriage between Randar and Rhaenyra. I have never met her, but I did hear she was beautiful in her own right, and I wouldn't be the first either, but that won't stop me. OK, send an eagle to the Targaryen's of King's Landing, with a letter stating I'll be there to visit said Randar. Randar was a bit nervous, but always wanted to see the Mainland first hand. Landor nodded and proceeded to write the contents of the letter, while Randar and Jorge tells the news to the rest of the 'Cubs'.

Corrad, come with me, you did say you wanted to see the mainland right? asked Randar. Corrad immediately and enthusiastically said Yes brother, thank you!. The twins didn't want to go, because then no one would rule House Mormont. Guard the land and the House, let the Old Gods guide my sisters Randar said to the twins, who nodded simultaneously.

Landor finished the letter, and attached it to an eagle, with the contents saying
From House Mormont of Bear Island
To House Targayren of King's Landing

Greetings! I wrote to say that my lord, Randar Mormont and company, will visit your holdings to discuss a marriage proposal between Randar and Rhaenyra Targaryen. Hopefully you can reply back as fast as you can.

While the sun rises from the sea, the Eagle soars to the air, carrying the letter.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:14 am

Princess Baela Targaryen of Summerhall
Red Keep, King's Landing

"Mother. Mother?! Come on Mother, wake up!" the silver haired woman cried, shaking Queen Daenerys' arm gently. The woman here was Baela Targaryen, Daenerys' only daughter and head of the Targaryen branch in Summerhall. Normally she would be at home right now and rarely came to court, but when she got word that her oldest brother was dying, she and Daemon placed his brother Aemon in charge and Baela raced over there as fast as she could. She had grieved for him and before he was even cold in his coffin her mother too hung by her last thread. Her lilac eyes looked at the corpse of her strong mother, disbelieving. She was the Mother of Dragons, reborn by fire, eternal, immortal. She couldn't die, not like this.

Daemon her hutsband, his golden hair a sharp contrast to his wife's silver tresses gently walked over to the queen and touched her arm gingerly, feeling nothing. "I'm sorry. She's gone." he said sadly. He placed an arm on Baela's shoulder who just sat there numb, staring at Daenerys with cloudy eyes and an agape mouth while Daemon shook his wife's shoulder to try to snap her out of it. Baela couldn't even go comfort her brother, and Aerion looked like he truly needed it. Little Visenya, her long brown hair with its broad streak of Targaryen silver-gold in a maiden's braid walked over to Aerion and tugged on his tunic hem gently. "Uncle, Grandmother isn't really dead is she? She's with Grandfather in the gods now, right?" the twelve year old questioned in her childish attempt at comfort using the queen's religion Elaena the eldest turned away, trying to keep her composure.

However, Rhaella, Baela's daughter who looked the most like Daenerys dissolved into a fit of sobs and tears. Her shoulders shook with her cries and her silver gold hair was falling over her black and gold gown as she wept. To Rhaella, her gabdmother seemed glorious, a god. She had admired her deeply as a child and now she got a reminder that she was but a mere mortal in the most painful way that one could receive such a reminder.
"Grandmother, you can't leave us! Not now, you can't go!" Rhaella wailed and sobbed. Dorean, her brother and betrothed looked at her with hurt in his amber eyes. He hated seeing his beloved Rhaella so upset, and part of him couldn't believe it. Just the week before he and Rhae were chatting about their wedding plans and we're going to run it by Daenerys, but now the Queen was dead.

"Rhae." "Rhae, it's okay. Grandmother won't want to see you break down." Dorean wrapped his arms around Rhaella, who clung to him. "Oh Dorean, it can't be real! Please tell me this is some terrible dream we're having!" she sobbed. Dorean held her tighter, her gold painted nails digging into his arm.
Baela's voice floated up from her body as her eyes were fixed on Daenerys, ghostly, disembodied and hollow. "Rhaella. Stop that wailing child, you'll wake the Keep." Baela's empty voice started to tremble as the reality sank in. Rhaella tried to stop but couldn't. "But...but..Grandmother!" Rhaella said, starting up again but a sudden slap from her sister Elaena chastened her. Rhaella was quiet before she sank into quieter sobs. Dorean glared at Elaena. "Don't touch her! She's grieving sister, we all are!" he snapped.
"She could still show some dignity." Elaena said even and calm, but her eyes trembled.
Last edited by Nuridia on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:56 am

Master of Laws Ser Davos Baratheon, King's Landing, 0 Days After the Fall of the Dragons...

When Ser Davos had been summoned he feared the worst, and when he arrived at the Queen's chambers it was indeed the worst scene he could be greeted to, the Queen was dead and Ser Richard had just had to pull back Aerion Targaryen who was crying out to his mother. Ser Davos stayed quiet instead he just stood there and looked upon the body of the Queen he had so faithfully and loyally served. It filled Ser Davos with pain to see that the Mother of Dragons was gone but he knew that it was no where near Aerion's pain, Ser Davos knew how much he had hurt when his own mother had passed away and he could only imagine it was the same for Aerion. Finally though things got worse as Aerion handed Ser Davos a parchment he had grown to fear for a long while now.

"Her last words, and declaration of her heir... all it needs is your signature and seal." Aerion stated.

The Grandmaester confirmed that the letter indeed contained her words written in his hand, Ser Davos stroked his graying beard (that was one of the few things the Queen disliked about him, that he looked too much like his great uncle Robert) as his blue eyes took in what the letter stated.

Just then Ser Davos's nephew Orys Baratheon arrived in his armor and white cloak, turning to him Ser Davos saw the pain in his eyes at the sight of his recently deceased Queen, before Orys could say anything Ser Davos asked "Ser Orys...bring me my seal and my wax, they're on my desk in my quarters, the guard will let you in."

Orys was back within minutes with the items requested and Ser Davos moved to a nearby desk in the Queen's chambers where he borrowed her feather and ink to sign his signature before using the seal and wax to make everything official. He waved the letter a few times to dry the wax and proceeded towards Aerion...however he hesitated.

Holding the letter in his right hand and looking down at it Ser Davos looked back to Aerion and stated "This will mean war...blood will be spilled...innocents will die. ...Are you sure you want that Aerion?"

It was then that Ser Davos offered the letter to Aerion, it was up to him what to do with it now, tear it up and create a new letter to save the realm from bloodshed or keep it and execute the Queen's final wish even if it meant blood would flow in rivers.

Renly Baratheon, King's Landing, 0 Days After the Fall of the Dragons...

Renly sat within the gardens of the Red Keep in one of the more isolated areas, he was waiting for someone, a friend of his in a way. Renly had sent one of his "paid consultants" to deliver a note to the current Master of Coin Tywin Lannister to meet him here. As the bells rang and the ravens flew to alert the Kingdoms of the Queen's death there was already work to be done that had to be finished before the Queen's blood had run cold, Renly seethed a little at the fact that she had to die today and speed up his plans by a great deal, that meant things could get sloppy, loose ends made but not cut away, and failure could be more likely as well. However it was still Renly's hope that his "little friend" would give the Baratheons the key to the Lannisters and more importantly...two thirds of the royal treasury.

Stannis Baratheon, Storm's End, 0 Days After the Fall of the Dragons...

"Dany...you there?" Stannis asked as he entered his study, Daenerys Baratheon tended to use it more than Stannis, especially during the winter which was now thankfully starting to come to a close.

Her voice answered from the large wooden desk that had belonged to many a Baratheon lord at the end of the room. Stannis closed the door to the study behind him and walked over to her, he was wearing all black attire as was a color that suited him well much like his namesake, and it was clear that he'd just gotten his face shaven not too long ago.

Daenerys looked up at Stannis with a smile on both her face and in her blue eyes as she put aside some parchment she was writing on, no doubt another historical or political thesis, as she asked "What can I do for you brother?"

Stannis's lips turned up for just barely a second before his neutral expression returned and he answered "I received a raven from Renly, he's arrived in King's Landing and will deliver our good wishes upon our Uncle and Orys. ...He will also with any hope secure one of the most key Houses in the Kingdoms to your vision of the future...one that'll cure the poison that's been killing us for so long."

At that his sister's expression went to that of shock as she asked "But...but it'll be treason, it'll require war to implement now!"

"We're going to have war no matter what, the three headed dragon will tear itself apart and drag Westeros with it. ...Dany, your thesis contains the cure the realm so desperately needs. And if war is needed to do what's right...then that is a price we will pay. The Baratheons rebelled once and succeeded...we can do it again if it comes to that. I'm hoping that we'll gather enough support that no one will dare stand in the way of the future, but if they do-"

Dany cut him off "You'll make them burn for doing so."

"They'll die in many ways...fire may be one, steel another, it all depends on what is needed to preserve the realm." Stannis replied before adding "Oh...and before I forget...if I leave and Robb is not here you'll be my regent while I'm away from my court. Considering what'll happen when the Queen and Aegon finally die, that might be quite a bit in the coming years."

With that Stannis left Daenerys to her stunned silence as he left to go meet with Darris the Smith to make sure that his weapon production was on schedule.

Ser Robb Baratheon, Outside Storm's End, 0 Days After the Fall of the Dragons...

A raven had been sent ahead but Ser Robb and a small group of guards would not know of the reply from the North as they rode for Winterfell. Their job was simple, get to Winterfell, meet with Lord Stark, and secure an alliance between the two Houses to secure 40,000 men to the cause.

Diliath
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diliath » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 am

Lancion Piper, King's Landing. 0 days after the Fall of Dragons.

Lancion was still awake when the sound of the bells reached his ear. He turned away from his desk as he walked towards his armor and while he moved his hand over the cold steel was he sad. This because he knew that he would have to use his armor against other dangers than flee bottom troublemakers. Although he smelled opportunities now the tension within the Targaryen family grew was he fearful about the things that could happen in the possibly coming war. He decided to leave his armor off this night as he would wear it often enough soon. He yawned as he put on his gold cloak and his sword belt before he ran a hand through his golden hair. At the moment he left his office was he immidiately surrounded by four of his most loyal men, who were in full armor. He decided to walk down to check the situation before sending word about the happening to his father. He sighed as it became clear to him that it would become a long night while he started to descend the stairs of the Red Keep.

The High Septon. King's Landing, 0 days after the Fall of Dragons.

The High Septon, Landor Piper, was awakened by the sound of bells. He dressed in a hurry and swiftly left his room to the center of the Great Sept of Baelor. Servants, Septons, Septa and Warrior Son's were running everywhere and the first person on the High Septon's path confirmed his toughts, the queen was dead. He was happy. In the confusing situation that would be created with the queens dead was the opportunity brought to him to enhigh the church of the seven to higher levels. He would and all paganism south of the Neck and his name would live on for eternity. With this toughts ordered he to prepare the Sept for the funeral while Warrior son's were ordered to guard the walls and gates of the Sept. It had begun.
Last edited by Diliath on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarean
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarean » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 am

Sigornsson Thenn, Lord of Karhold and Magnar of Thenn, Karhold
Sigornsson rested upon the chair of his study, resting himself on the surface of his desk, and upon the maps of Karhold. He dismayyed at times, seeing inconsistencies and failings in it's design, and he noted down every failing, individually ensuring their later completion. He had added many things to the castle over the years, most notably an encircling wall around both towers, at the base of the hill, with the twin keeps on their own. The ground outside the castle had been torn and gashed into, the earth replaced with pitch, and spikes of iron and with dragonglass tips. The walls of Karhold were thick, marched along by the men and spearwives of Karhold. The Giant stood vigil over the the gateway, capable of lowering the portcullis and closing the gate, or simply raising the drawbridge up to the keeps. The other giants dwelled around the hold, and Sigornsson could hear them as they marched across the ice and snow, off to continue their work, or the older one who rested by the bridge to the main keep, able to raise it. The tunnels in the hills had been strengthened, walls reinforced with stone and supports. They were to be a last refuge for the people should the keep fall. Sigornsson knew he was paranoid, he'd always known that, but to spend his days first with the wild stone men of Skagos, and then the Skittish or painfully confident men with the eyes of faceless men had left him so, and he was glad of it. His paranoia had saved lives, and his work hadbrought prosperity, reinforcing the roads to the villages and in the wilderness, building smaller forts out in the waste to assign to his nobles, should the walkers return. His only misery was the knowledge of his own people, beyond the wall, freezing under the yoke of eternal winter, and solemnly, slowly dieing in the name of their god-king, who sat in a warm study 300 miles away.

Sigornsson knew of his eventual need to return to Thenn, much as it pained him to do so, but he knew it must come. His son had grown to manhood and stood ready to lead Karhold. He may be less militarily minded, but he had a head on his shoulders, and could lead the hold well, along with his advisors and easily more militarily minded sister. Sigornsson himself was getting old, the ice digging deeper each year, and he thought he may only have two or three winters left to walk in the world. He endeavoured to do it. He would tell only his son and his wife, in the dead of night, that he would be leaving to the valley of Thenn. He would tell his subjects he will be going to the Wall to meet the black brothers who saved his ancestors from the others. He took his axe in his hands in the corner of the study, weighing it in his hand, running a cloth along the violet-black blade of Dragonglass and steel, weighing the whalebone handle, and resting his thumb on the pearl in the Hilt of the thing, a gift from Braavos.

He looked out into the world, seeing all that he'd built over the years, and made sure to order the moat be dug deeper, the walls be built higher, and tunnels expanded under possible siege locations, to fill with pitch. With that he went out of his study and up to his room, in the higher part of the main tower of his new fortress, setting his axe down by the door as he drifted to sleep.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:27 am

Septon Tommen
Great Sept of Baelor, Kings Landing, 0 AFD

The septon, upon learning the death of Queen Daenerys, had only one place to turn to. The High Septon himself. He had arrived and left a note for the High Septon so that he could remain anonymous. The letter wasn't very long, but it outlined exactly what he wanted.

Letter to the High Septon

Most Blessed, you and the Most Devout are the will of the Gods on Earth. I seek to bring the Islands in Blackwater back into the Faith. The Targaryens and their Valyrian allies have converted to a heretical hybrid religion revering fire and the old gods of Valyria. They spit in the face of the Seven and refuse to commit to renovations on the old Sept there. Send the Warriors Sons. Let these knights subdue the dragon worshipers and bring them into the Light of the Seven once again.

-Interested Party of Dragonstone

With his letter delivered, he quietly left the Sept for the Red Keep where he was staying as an unofficial representative of Sweetport Sound to the crown. He wanted to get the Targaryens here to support his cause, for it takes Dragons to subdue Dragons.
Last edited by Nuxipal on Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Givious
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Givious » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:02 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Master of Laws Ser Davos Baratheon, King's Landing, 0 Days After the Fall of the Dragons...

When Ser Davos had been summoned he feared the worst, and when he arrived at the Queen's chambers it was indeed the worst scene he could be greeted to, the Queen was dead and Ser Richard had just had to pull back Aerion Targaryen who was crying out to his mother. Ser Davos stayed quiet instead he just stood there and looked upon the body of the Queen he had so faithfully and loyally served. It filled Ser Davos with pain to see that the Mother of Dragons was gone but he knew that it was no where near Aerion's pain, Ser Davos knew how much he had hurt when his own mother had passed away and he could only imagine it was the same for Aerion. Finally though things got worse as Aerion handed Ser Davos a parchment he had grown to fear for a long while now.

"Her last words, and declaration of her heir... all it needs is your signature and seal." Aerion stated.

The Grandmaester confirmed that the letter indeed contained her words written in his hand, Ser Davos stroked his graying beard (that was one of the few things the Queen disliked about him, that he looked too much like his great uncle Robert) as his blue eyes took in what the letter stated.

Just then Ser Davos's nephew Orys Baratheon arrived in his armor and white cloak, turning to him Ser Davos saw the pain in his eyes at the sight of his recently deceased Queen, before Orys could say anything Ser Davos asked "Ser Orys...bring me my seal and my wax, they're on my desk in my quarters, the guard will let you in."

Orys was back within minutes with the items requested and Ser Davos moved to a nearby desk in the Queen's chambers where he borrowed her feather and ink to sign his signature before using the seal and wax to make everything official. He waved the letter a few times to dry the wax and proceeded towards Aerion...however he hesitated.

Holding the letter in his right hand and looking down at it Ser Davos looked back to Aerion and stated "This will mean war...blood will be spilled...innocents will die. ...Are you sure you want that Aerion?"

It was then that Ser Davos offered the letter to Aerion, it was up to him what to do with it now, tear it up and create a new letter to save the realm from bloodshed or keep it and execute the Queen's final wish even if it meant blood would flow in rivers.

Prince Aerion Targaryen
Kings Landing

Aerion takes the letter in his hand, and passes it off to Ser Richard. The knight nods and walks from the room. He takes it deep into the castle, protecting it until the letter will be reveled.

"It is not my want, Ser Davos, but my mothers. I am now Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, until the coordination of her heir can take place. Get the necessities..." With this Ser Davos leaves the room, the sobbing and wailing of the women can be heard in the halls. Aerion turns to his sister and her offspring. "Sister, you must send a Raven to Summerhall... gather your banners quietly. I fear war will be upon us soon."

House Targaryen
King's Landing, Crownlands
0 Days After the Fall of the Dragons

Daeron

Bells. Blasted bells Daeron thinks to himself. All morning people had been rushing through the keep, and Ser Percivil had cut off the Red Keep with the Targaryen Guard, the Black Cloaks. People were flooding the entrance to the Red Keep, wanting to view the body of the mother of dragons. The dragonpit had been scarily silent, no acts of rage from Drogon as his mount had died. Daeron feared that soon to change however, Silverwing may have been keeping the dragon from acting to aggressively. As his eyes moved to the Blackwater, towards Dragonstone, he heard the boots clanking behind him.

"Father, you are finally up." He says without looking. Without his eye on one side his father had a heavy foot fall, mostly for balance.

"Aye, and so is the entire fucking kingdom with these damned bells." As he came alongside Daeron, he could see his father's eye was puffy from crying during the night. "Daeron, I have a duty for you now. You must go to Dragonstone and get my cousin and his son to come to Kings Landing; We cannot allow our family to be torn into civil war. We cannot have another Dance of Dragons, as we are weak as it is."

"What of your brother?"

"I will have him come as well. Your aunt is already here and my cousins the Martell's are likely on their way for either or both of the funerals. These next months will be dangerous son."

"Not any more dangerous than Manticore's and Ghiscari in Essos," Daeron turned to his father. "And they could not kill me. I will be careful father." With this Daeron, along with Ser Tristane, rode from the Red Keep towards the Dragonpit. They had to push aside the massive crowd who looked upon the Dragon Prince and hurled questions like arrows. As they approached the dragonpit Daeron left Tristane as he entered the massive doors. Inside he saw Silverwing flying around the room, a glow of fire could be seen from the tunnels towards the back. Drogon was angry, but contained. Giving a whistle, Silverwing landed before Daeron and he mounted the silver dragon. Guards opened the doors as the two exited the great dome and took into the air, Silverwing letting out a roar as the people looked on. Swinging back down Daeron was feet from the water as he exited the Blackwater and headed for Dragonstone.

1 Day After the Fall of the Dragons

The small island was coming into view as Silverwing beat his wings harder as he knew reprieve was soon to be had. Circling the great spire Silverwing let out a roar to declare his presence, landing before the great keep Daeron dismounted and pulled back his hood so all could see his long flowing silver hair. Even if they didn't know him, the "Silver Dragon" was known around the whole kingdom, and his riders name along with is. Daeron The White, as he was called, awaited his cousin and aunt to allow him entrance into the castle.

Aerion

Aerion sat in his office, already Ravens from nearby houses were racing in stating that they would be coming for the funeral. As he looked through the various papers Ser Orys entered the room, nodding to his Prince.

"You called for me your lordship."

"Yes, Orys I have a duty you must do. I need you to ride to Harrenhal and bring my brother here. There is much we must discuss."

"Yes my lord." Without another word Orys left, and Aerion again was alone. The wine had stained his desk, blood red... much like the frozen ground would soon be if things did not go as planned.
Imperial Givosion State

“Patience is power.
Patience is not an absence of action;
rather it is "timing"
it waits on the right time to act,
for the right principles
and in the right way.”

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Givious wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:

Prince Aerion Targaryen
Kings Landing

Aerion takes the letter in his hand, and passes it off to Ser Richard. The knight nods and walks from the room. He takes it deep into the castle, protecting it until the letter will be reveled.

"It is not my want, Ser Davos, but my mothers. I am now Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, until the coordination of her heir can take place. Get the necessities..." With this Ser Davos leaves the room, the sobbing and wailing of the women can be heard in the halls. Aerion turns to his sister and her offspring. "Sister, you must send a Raven to Summerhall... gather your banners quietly. I fear war will be upon us soon."

House Targaryen

Daeron

Bells. Blasted bells Daeron thinks to himself. All morning people had been rushing through the keep, and Ser Percivil had cut off the Red Keep with the Targaryen Guard, the Black Cloaks. People were flooding the entrance to the Red Keep, wanting to view the body of the mother of dragons. The dragonpit had been scarily silent, no acts of rage from Drogon as his mount had died. Daeron feared that soon to change however, Silverwing may have been keeping the dragon from acting to aggressively. As his eyes moved to the Blackwater, towards Dragonstone, he heard the boots clanking behind him.

"Father, you are finally up." He says without looking. Without his eye on one side his father had a heavy foot fall, mostly for balance.

"Aye, and so is the entire fucking kingdom with these damned bells." As he came alongside Daeron, he could see his father's eye was puffy from crying during the night. "Daeron, I have a duty for you now. You must go to Dragonstone and get my cousin and his son to come to Kings Landing; We cannot allow our family to be torn into civil war. We cannot have another Dance of Dragons, as we are weak as it is."

"What of your brother?"

"I will have him come as well. Your aunt is already here and my cousins the Martell's are likely on their way for either or both of the funerals. These next months will be dangerous son."

"Not any more dangerous than Manticore's and Ghiscari in Essos," Daeron turned to his father. "And they could not kill me. I will be careful father." With this Daeron, along with Ser Tristane, rode from the Red Keep towards the Dragonpit. They had to push aside the massive crowd who looked upon the Dragon Prince and hurled questions like arrows. As they approached the dragonpit Daeron left Tristane as he entered the massive doors. Inside he saw Silverwing flying around the room, a glow of fire could be seen from the tunnels towards the back. Drogon was angry, but contained. Giving a whistle, Silverwing landed before Daeron and he mounted the silver dragon. Guards opened the doors as the two exited the great dome and took into the air, Silverwing letting out a roar as the people looked on. Swinging back down Daeron was feet from the water as he exited the Blackwater and headed for Dragonstone.

The small island was coming into view as Silverwing beat his wings harder as he knew reprieve was soon to be had. Circling the great spire Silverwing let out a roar to declare his presence, landing before the great keep Daeron dismounted and pulled back his hood so all could see his long flowing silver hair. Even if they didn't know him, the "Silver Dragon" was known around the whole kingdom, and his riders name along with is. Daeron The White, as he was called, awaited his cousin and aunt to allow him entrance into the castle.

Aerion

Aerion sat in his office, already Ravens from nearby houses were racing in stating that they would be coming for the funeral. As he looked through the various papers Ser Orys entered the room, nodding to his Prince.

"You called for me your lordship."

"Yes, Orys I have a duty you must do. I need you to ride to Harrenhal and bring my brother here. There is much we must discuss."

"Yes my lord." Without another word Orys left, and Aerion again was alone. The wine had stained his desk, blood red... much like the frozen ground would soon be if things did not go as planned.

Baela looked up at her brother and gave a subtle nod, going to prepare the letter. Elaena decided to head downstairs for no particular reason and in the hallway she saw a young man. Blond like her father, but he was much younger. Even younger than her by the looks of him. What house was he from? He was no Lannister, but blond hair was pretty common among many houses. She scanned him with her eyes, hoping to find a sigil.

Rhaella watched Aerion go, still arm in arm with Dorean. He moved a stray strand of hair out of his sister's face in a subtle attempt at comfort. "It'll be alright." he whispered but Rhaella could see tears shining in his eyes as well. Rhaella sighed and pulled him close to her. He gave her a kiss before resting his head on her shoulder.
"Thibgs will never be the same again Dorean. But we'll be okay I think. Come, let's let Daeron in." she said, walking with Dorean and Daemon Jr. to the door of the keep after hearing the beating of dragon wings. Daeron's dragon was silver, like Ella's own beloved Baelor, known as Quicksilver. The speedy dragon had been taken inside the Keep when the Summerhall family arrived.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Great hall, Highgarden
Coronation of Selwyn was due to take place couple of hours from now, ravens had been sent out weeks in advance and everything was to be immaculate - everything but the venue. Traditionally the crowning itself took place in the hall while the banquet took place in separate tower - it was nothing superstitious but simply that it was simply more convenient when servants could move freely to prepare and lay out the food before the guests went to dine - so only one seen but never heard from was a small child - the cup bearer to pour wines and the likes, given the massacre at the feast earlier in the month understandably that room was sealed and out of the question. So now both banquet and crowning were to take place in the same great hall - this rather simple task became much more convoluted for everything needed to work like clockwork.

In charge of all the preparations was Sarya - not by choice, she detested the job but her brother did not trust another soul to get it right while he spent much of his days in his study, studying something. "No, no, no!" Sarya shouted at one of the servants as he put bouquet rose in centre of the table "these roses dont have enough thorns, I want to symbolize that Tyrells should not be taken lightly not that we have had our weapons cut off - who told you to cut the thorns?" The servant, whose face appeared as if it was to drip blood babbled nervously "my lady... lord castellan Clayse said..." he was immediately interrupted "I dont care what Clayse said to you, you take your orders from me. Now you get yourself a mop and make yourself useful, I will get someone to make the flowers", she said clearly frustrated at everyone thinking they know best. After finding Clayse in the hall, as she made the point clear: she was running this and if he tried to interfere again he could find himself another lord. In the meantime he was to go and get her five thousand roses with thrones intact for the ceremony - about four and half thousand were still fine but he still had to find five hundred roses in matter of hours.

Meanwhile, after putting the floweriest on mop duty there was no one able to make a quality bouquet so as usual Sarya simply started to make the bouquet herself. With one and half hour before first guests might start arriving, Selwyn finally came out of his study to see the ceremony was being planned just as he would have liked - and the aroma of pies from the kitchen was simply delicious. He walked down the hall spotting his sister "this place looks amazing! thank you" he said softly, complement that brought a smile to her face as she turned to look behind. "it will look better in about five hours when you sit on that throne". When Selwyn sits on the throne to ask if it looks better yet, she chuckles replying "without the crown it doesn't count" as she sits beside on the throne "see I could sit here as well, and I even have a crown", tying the brown hair around the head so it forms something resembling a crown.

Laughing Selwyn comments that it suits her as he stands up, suddenly much more sober "I haven't seen mother for few days, hopefully she can join in the coronation" however his sister shakes her head "you go ahead, I still need to get these bouquets done" as she gets back to flowers. Looking towards her it is clear that she hasn't actually seen Darlessa since the massacre so he doesn't bring it up instead follows her towards the flowers in the table asking "why are you making these yourself, I thought there was someone who said he could make these", as he picks one of the yellow roses which pricked him "ouch - its prickly too!". She replies "I fired him", not elaborating further but when pushed about it she continues about the entire incident with Clayse.

"Clayse!", Selwyn yells loud enough that entire hall looks towards him and moments latter the castellan appears and Selwyn asks flatly "did you know my sister wanted roses to be with thrones?" Looking towards Sarya, he Clayse confesses that he was indeed told by the florist that roses were supposed to have thrones but the gardeners were bleeding because of the thorns pricking them and frankly he didn't think it was important detail. Instead of calming him down, Selwyn simply gets angrier "she is my sister, everything she wants is important and if she can make bouquets from thorny roses for almost last hour then so can the gardeners and so can the florist. If they can't tell them to find me. Now I dont want my sister to be making those bouquets, I want them those bouquets just as she wanted and I dont care how that happens. You will find another florist and get those bouquets done or you better start practising how to live without your head."

Without waiting for his response Selwyn turns around as with same gentle tone asks Sarya now that flower situation is taken care of she should visit their mother. Trying to suppress a slight smile she agrees, turning to see the face of Clayse which had more colours than rainbow as she does so. It was not the first time that she was going to see her mother, she had been there once before and she didn't want to go through it again and every step towards the room made her feel more anxious until she reached the bottom of the stairs which was last location where there were guards before new chambers of their mother. After getting to the top of the tower, few feet away from their mother's chambers sounds could be heard from outside and she threw up "I dont want to go in there" she said, sitting on the cold stairs. It was clear why she did not, many claimed that Darlessa had simply snapped after loss of her husband, line officially countered by the Hightower... in fact both of these lines were issued by high tower, former was just issued as rumour through common folk rather than in a speech but all the same.

Darlessa was grieving after losing her husband, certainly but she was fine. In fact one could argue she is fine even now although the howling, slamming on the doors and paranoid statements would not support such assessment. She would shout "she killed them!" other times she might shout name of her daughter - of course to those who did not know the entire events this would have meant absolutely nothing but a raving of a paranoid women devastated by loss of her two sons and her husband. To those who knew the whole story behind the death - like Selwyn and Sarya - however what she said made perfect sense: she knew the name of the killer and who gave the orders. She was dangerous and if it were anyone but their mother, she would certainly not be alive today.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:43 pm

House Highflyer, 1 day After the Fall of the Dragons.

Tavion had heard the news. Both of the eldest dragons - Daenerys and Aegon Targaryen - had died. Both had saved the realm, both had rebuilt the realm after the War of the Five Kings and the Second Long Night. Now, with no word of a heir from either - and the pair's strained relations at the time of their deaths - All that they had built would fall to pieces. The Seven Kingdoms would soon be at war again, and Tavion was one of the lords who could make a direct difference. His dragon - the only dragon free of the Targaryens - could decide the fates of thousands.

He had to choose a side - when the time came. For now, he would pray for peace. Pray that this matter would not explode as so many had done before.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:50 pm

OLDTOWN, THE REACH
16 DAYS EARLIER

Old town was busy with activity as merchants went about their business and ships entered and left the port for other harbours, some as far as the free cities. A majority of the ships sailed for the city of Braavos, for the past 50 years House Hightower has had an excellent trading relationship with the merchants of Braavos. Sending the famous Arbour wine and receiving gifts of gold and silver in return, this has caused House Hightower to become very wealthy.

The late Lord Loyden Hightower began a project to build toll roads through the southern reach which has generated a substantial profit from it. The current Lord Karden Hightower has contiouned the project and expanded it to allow more toll roads to be built. House Hightower has always been a respected and powerful house, but in the last 50 years their power and wealth has exploded.

Karden Hightower sat in the citadel of old town, the seat of power for House Hightower. The citadels most recognizable features was the tower that stood high above Old Town. Inside the tower Karden Hightower sat going through the most recent ledgers of his merchant ships and the profits from the free cities.

In the hallway outside of the study door that Karden was sitting was the laughter of young Aegon. The infant son of his cousin. Born a bastard, Karden fell in love with Aegon on the day he was born and put forth the decree that Aegon wouldn't be known as Aegon Rivers, but as Aegon Hightower, saving the child from a lifetime of shame.

The laughter grew until the door to the study opened and entered Aegon and Alarina entered the room. Aegon ran right for Karden with smiles and laughter that always brought happiness to Karden. Alarina was the first one to speak.
" my dear cousin a raven came from HIGHGARDEN. We are requested to attend a celebration feast."

Karden barely took a break from playing with Aegon to answer Alarina.
" we should prepare for the travels. You and Aegon will accompany me. And you should go to the merchants to purchase a new dress, I'm sure the ladies at HIGHGARDEN will be dressed in the finest and I do not want you or Aegon to shunned because of your attire."

Alarina gave a little smirk." cousin of me and my son are to be shunned it will not be because of my dress but rather because I bore a bastard."

Kardens face turned red and hardened. " Aegon is a Hightower, not a rivers!! And that is all anyone needs to know."
Karden yelled to where even the small folk at the docks could hear him.

ROSE ROAD, 15 DAYS LATER

Karden Hightower and Alarina, with little Aegon approached HIGHGARDEN with around 40 Knights and the lords sworn to House Hightower. On the road they could finally could see Highgarden, with its perfect white walls and majestic appearance. All in the party gazed at the power of the Tyrells. Karden turned to Alarina.
" be on your best behavior."

The party made their way to the gate where Karden called out.
" I am Karden Hightower, Lord of Old town and the Arbor."

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:17 pm

House Martell

Prince Oberyn Martell, "The Viper", Master of Whisperers

Oberyn made his way through the Red Keep, ignoring the commotion that was occurring due to Daenery's death. He felt no need to mourn his aunt, she had been dying for some time and he was glad that she could finally rest after such a long and tragic life. Hopefully his sister would have heeded his letters and started traveling already, he wanted them to reach King's Landing very soon. Not that his sister was the one making decisions anyway, usually leaving it to Prince Treymond and Ser Lewyn to rule in her place. He expected that the Small Council would be called soon, loyalties would need to be bought and armies purchased. Daenerys had foolishly left the question of succession unanswered, did the Targaryen's of Dragonstone inherit due to Daenery's promise, or would the Targaryen's of King's Landing inherit due to Andal law? The difference was minimal, yet it meant everything. If a diplomatic solution could not be found, thousands would burn in the fires of war.

He made his way down into the basement where he found one of his little vipers waiting for him. After Varys had become too old to continue playing the game, he had been invited to Dragonstone to teach the young Oberyn the skills required to play the game as a grandmaster. Oberyn had excelled in these studies, his lack of moral judgement and willingness to exploit others made him a perfect candidate for the job of Master of Whisperers. Varys had taught him how to create the perfect spies and messengers, a long process that involved removing their tongues and only teaching them to write in an encoded text. Oberyn had many of these little vipers, hidden around Westeros, but most of his informants were of the normal kind of spies, though he relied on these ones less. Oberyn handed a letter to the little viper which was meant for Viserys Targaryen, his younger brother who had inherited Dragonstone and the family name due to Oberyn choosing the Martell name, and though he did not choose it, the looks as well.

To the Stone Dragon

Friends stand ready. Fear not the future. The Crowned Dragon roars, the Stone Dragon must not cower. Spears stand ready. Do not fear.

a friend

He sent the viper running off, heading towards Dragonstone. He made his way back towards the main part of the Red Keep, having memorised every passage long ago. He eventually found Prince Aerion and did a quick courtesy bow. "My Prince, please accept my condolences for your loss. The loss of my aunt, our Queen, is tragic, but I hope that the Gods give her rest" he said quickly, with little emotion in his voice. "I am worried for the future of the Kingdom, but I am sure that my Sister will do whatever is right in this situation" he continued.

Princess Elia Martell, Princess of Dorne.
2 Days After the Fall of the Dragons

Elia sat at the head of the Fowler table, next to Lord Fowler himself, with her husband seated to her right. Treymond Dayne was a large and strong man, with silver hair and striking purple eyes. She felt a large amount of affection for him, she didn't know what she would do without him always by her side. It often made her uneasy when she thought about how many affairs she was openly having, and saddened her to think of how hurt he must be. Yet he did not show it, his face as rigid as steel and heart as cold as ice, all of her doing. She looked at her son who seemed to be flirting with some of the Fowler daughters, he took after the Dayne side of the family, with flowing silver hair and purple eyes, darker than the Targaryen kind. The only remnant of his Salt Dornish nature was his slightly darker skin, though he looked little more than tanned to most.

Treymond leaned in and said "Elia, a letter has arrived from your brother, the Queen is dead, we are to go to King's Landing at once". The news was not surprising, Oberyn had been telling them for months that she was dying, and they had spent those months slowly traveling across Dorne, feasting in the halls of their vassals. The feast around her was dying down, most of the guests retiring for the night while Lord Fowler had fallen asleep in his chair. That was lucky for her son, who she could see escaping the hall with several of the Fowler daughters,

"We will leave tomorrow, let us rest first" she said, with Treymond nodding in agreement. He stood up and began to walk away, preparing to find a separate bed as usual, to leave Elia to her 'business'. Elia looked at Daena, and with a dismissive nod told her that they would not be staying together that night. Elia quickly went after Treymond and grabbed his hand, "Perhaps you would like to share my bed on this cold night?" she asked. His mouth slowly curled up into a smile, and she knew that she had done the right thing. They headed off to the chambers given to them by Lord Fowler, though Elia knew that Treymond would not be able to forgive her so easily, this was a good start to repairing the trust between them.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Lord Paramount Robb Tully
Riverrun, Riverlands
0 Days After the Fall of Dragons

Robb Tully sat on the balcony of his solar at the top of the keep at Riverrun. From his vantage he could see out for leagues. Rivers and hills blended together until his eyes could no longer distinguish objects. The sun had nearly risen on Riverrun now, an event Robb fully enjoyed viewing. However, before the man could take in the view a loud banging shook him back to reality.

"Enter." At these words Maester Abferth entered. Abferth was younger than most of the maester's Robb had met, no older than six-and-twenty, yet his chain was long enough the loop twice around his neck. He had so far performed well in his duties and responsibilities to Riverrun.

"Lord Tully ravens have arrived in the night." In his arms the maester held several sealed scrolls and letters.

Robb entered the room, closing the wooden door to the balcony. "I'll take them Abferth." He took the sealed letters, examining each seal before dropping them on his desk. Mallister, Ryger, and Goodbrook. He thought as he threw down each letter. "Thank you Abferth. Was there anything else?"

"No lord Tully, though I hear neither the Queen or Prince Aegon have improved. They are not expected to survive another fortnight."

Robb let out a deep sigh as he slid into the chair at his desk. "Yes, I know. Gods preserve of us. When dragons die, the realm bleeds."

"Yes, the histories tell us as much. Issues of Targaryen succession have sent many to the grave. If you'll excuse me m'lord I have duties to attend."

"Of course, maester." With that Abferth left the room and Robb turned to the letters. House Mallister needed gold to repair several ships at Seagard. House Ryger needed additional men to root out bandits. And Lord Goodbrook was celebrating a nameday and had invited Robb to the festivities. He penned responses to each in turn.

To House Mallister, Robb pledged two-hundred gold dragons. To House Ryger, Robb promised to send the captain of his guard, a relation to Lord Ryger, and a dozen knights. And finally to Lord Goodbrook was regretful that he would be unable to attend, but sent his best wishes to the man.

By the time he finished the letters the sun had risen on Riverrun and the sounds of the day's events could be heard through the solar door. Robb left the letters on his desk, he would have maester Abferth send them after breakfast. Making his way down to the Great Hall, Robb found his wife and children already present as well as several retainers who regularly ate with the family.

Conversation was easy and light. Sers Edmure and Willerd were discussing a hunt that the two had had the day before. While Minisa and several handmaidens gossiped about a group of knights who had passed through Riverrun a few days prior. And finally, Lady Livia scolded Brynden several times for reading a book at the table. Eventually, she took the book away and gave it to maester Abferth, who's book it actually was.

As the meal wound down, Robb spoke to his squire, the young Rodrik Mallister. "Rodrik, when your done eating there are several sealed letters on my desk, see them delivered to maester Abferth. The squire nodded and began to get up, but Robb placed his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Not so fast. There's more and you need to finish your food." Rodrik sat back down and began to finish his meal. "When you've delivered the letters find me in the solar, we have work to do."

Lord Tully sat in the small audience chamber above the Great Hall. Rodrik had retrieved the men Robb needed to speak to, Ser Ryger and Alred Wayn. The three men were seated at a small table, the midday sun casting shadows as it fell lower and lower. "Ser Ryger, your cousin has sent a plea for arms, to help in the removal of bandits on his lands. I'd like you to take a dozen men and ride for his keep immediately, to render aid."

"Aye my lord." The man replied with a nod as he rose and left the room.

Robb turned to his steward, Alred Wayn. "Lord Mallister, is in need of gold to repair the fleet as Seagard. I've pledged two-hundred dragons to him. Take the gold from the vault and see Eddard Cervil at the stables about his fastest mounts. Pick a few men and send them to Seagard with the lockbox."

Alred Wayn rose and nodded leaving to start on his tasks. No sooner had Alred left, then Abferth entered, breathing heavily. "Abferth, what is it?"

"M'lord, letters from King's Landing and Dragonstone."

Robb Tully took the scrolls and read over the. His face sunk lower and grew paler as he read both letters. "Gods help us." He muttered to himself. Both Queen Daenerys and Prince Aegon had died. It was to be expected, both were old and bedridden as Robb understood. But, both so close together and with the issue of succession murky. Heads will roll.

"Abferth, send ravens to the riverlords. They should prepare for their men. War cannot be far away." The maester nodded and hurried out of the room and towards his quarters. "Rodrik, go tell the septon about the Queen and Prince. He should ring the bells for each. Then find my wife and children, send them to me." Rodrik rushed out of the room and Robb sat down, his head hung low.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:08 pm

Lord Paramount Brandon Stark, Warden of the North
Winterfell
Day of the Fall of Dragons

The great granite walls of Winterfell now stood a testament to the survivalist ways of the Starks, and that there MUST always be a Stark in Winterfell, or the castle shall fall to ruin like it had once before. Lord Jon Stark, the Wolf of the Morning had many nicknames, one of those was the rebuilder, because He began rebuilding the North, and when his time was done, his son Brandon finished it. Winterfell was greater than before and stronger, as was WinterTown, but one thing stayed the same, the cold, dark crypt of the Stark Kings and Lords, kept alive by the stone statues that stare into the darkness. With it, a secret is buried with Lord Jon Starks bones, two blades, One of Dragonglass, another the Ice Blade that the Others reaped their terror on the world. However, there was one blade the Starks still sought...

Lord Brandon the Black Wolf stood outside in his smallclothes unaffected by the still cold temperatures, from his pavilion from the Great Keep, he could see his castle come to life as the smallfolk and his household went about their daily business, Meanwhile, Brandon reflected on the dream that disturbed his sleep that night.

"I see two massive dragons old and strong collapsing to the ground, dead, from their maws younger dragons burst out and begin to fight eachother, setting the earth aflame. Then I recognized where they were, the Iron Throne sat before the battling Dragons, and a golden crown sat on its seat. I saw a wolf with golden eyes, that shifted her face stand upon a ship, staring at a giant standing on two islands before the sea, and in that titan's hand, a blade wider and longer than a longsword, yet thinner and shorter than a greatsword, It was dark as smoke and held a direwolf as its crest on its hilt. And then...I saw Westeros alight in dragonflame, and a kraken from the Iron Islands extending its arms once more too, and the great houses emblems have come to life to clash for the burning kingdom."

Brandon sniffed the smell of cooking sausage and called for his master, a dutiful aged man, gray hairs and wrinkles speckle him and his losing youth. "Maester, Bring me Lady Olanna, I must discuss the matters of a dream I had." The Maester, named Girgory replied courteously "Of course my lord, right away" and the man with the chain link necklace of many metals disappeared.

Torrhen Stark, Outskirts of the Wolfswood, Day of the Fall of Dragons
The Direwolves raced alongside horses as the three stark children raced laughing beside the Wolfswood, two boys on their horses held the lead, both similar in face and hair, however it was easy to tell whom was older, one was much taller and looked stronger and built than the other, but still they laughed and raced while direwolves raced alongside them, behind them the girl had come to a trot and then walk, deciding to allow her horse to rest and for her to calm down, she smiled as she looked down at her direwolf beside her who seemed like it smiled back, before the girl saw shapes in the forest

The two boys raced onward towards the Hunters gate of Winterfell now, the younger yelling "You won't beat me this time Byron! I will beat you for sure!" To which the older boy smiled and kicked his horses side, giving an extra push on the final stretch, beating his younger brother. When his brother arrived, he was frowning while the older still smiled tauntingly, Torrhen, whom was the younger one marched over to Byron and said "You cheat Byron, I've never seen your horse go that fast before, you are using a different horse!" and attempted to take a grab for Byron's horse's bridle, Byron caught his younger brothers wrist and said "Torrhen, I'd never cheat, no, I was just going easy on you before, but it seems you and your horse have gotten far too strong for me to go easy now..." And Byron smiled, before Torrhen snatched hi brother sword from his sheath on his belt and ran away laughing.

Suddenly a Shriek echoed from the woods and the two laughing boys at the same time yelled "Mira!" and raced for the forest, Byron snatching back his sword and Torrhen struggling to pull out his dagger, in a few minutes they found where two ragged men, outlaws they seemed, one holding Mira with one arm and a knife against her neck, the other held down a cage with an ax in hand, which he immediately used to the blunt end of the ax against the creature in the cage, Mira's young direwolf, Lyanna. Knocking her out. Mira called out to her brothers with tears in her eyes and absolute terror in her voice "Go Byron, Torrhen, Get the Guards! Hurry, Don't do something stupid!"

However it was too late for her panicked reasoning, the a dark gray and a ash gray wolf tackled the man who held Mira pulling his arm that held the dagger away from her throat, Mira stumbled away to snatch up Torrhen and run away crying, meanwhile Byron stood off, circling the other outlaw who had knocked out Lyanna, Byron with a sword, the outlaw with two hatchets. The Outlaw struck first, attempting to strike the boy from the head while swinging his other hatchet for his belly, that was the first, and last mistake the outlaw made, Byron with a feat of speed and grace, stepped out of the reach of the Outlaw then drove his sword into the outlaw in the space between his belly and ribs, The anger began to fade in the dark gray eyes that were Byron Stark's as his first kill of a man's corpse fell ontop of him, forcing Byron to hold the corpse up before pushing him to the ground, meanwhile the mangled body of the other outlaw whimpered while the two direwolves that attacked him strode up to Byron licking the red on their lips with content.

While Mira and Torrhen gaped in awe and fear, Byron dropped his sword for a second and began to shake, as the adrenaline rush was over and reasoning returned to his mind on what he had just done. Byron forced himself to stare at the dead man's eyes and knelt down to close them, then picked his sword back up, cleaning the red from it with his tunic he wore still shaking some before turning to his siblings and muttered, "Let's get out of here, there might be more, get father's guards and let's go tell him what happened okay?"
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:42 am

Highgarden, near the Keep

The gardens of Highgarden were lit with the sun of mid-day. It was peaceful and quiet, except for the gentle strumming of a harp that can be heard faintly by whoever enters the tranquil environment. The fingers of Edmyn Tarly were holding the shadle of his black horse Lightining, a strong sturdy mount of noble birth; generations of careful interbreeding given to him by his father-in-law Lord Howland Blackwood when he was a squire in his youth in the Riverlands on the Blackwood Vale. The days started to become increasingly hot, even though the last snows were beginning to fade from the top of the Dornish mountains, there was still some chill. That was something Edmyn had grown to appreciate about the place that was his home, the snowing in the Riverlands were the second worse after the North.

Beside him was riding his sentinel; Ser Yarwyck Pyke, a bastard notheless but not an ironborn as he was from the Shield Islands. For less than a century the Rape of the Shields was equal too many as the Rape of Sisterton, half those bastards on the shields are called Flowers and the other half are Pykes, they are many but they hate the ironborn the same whatever the name they carry. Two bannermen were in front of the host, one of them carrying the sigil of house Mooton the red salmon on the white field and the other of house Tarly with the blooded archer on the green field, they were the one and the same but still - they were the Mootons of Horn Hill and thus they didn't want to be confused with their cousins in Maidenpool. As the Lord of Horn Kill, he had dressed appropriately for this day: he clothed himself in some light chainmail, the silver leaping red salmon & the blooded hunter on the green field of his personal sigil to his breast as well as a red salmon pinned to the collar, and wrapped himself in a blue and silver cloak, a humble addition to a fine outfit. He was accustomed to these finery of lords and ladies and this was his best effort at appearing the role. Many men & women knew him for being beautiful, not only because he was tall and handsome, but because many saw him to be exceedingly intelligent, with being somewhat able to excel at anything he put his mind to, a talented musician, able to woo the hearts of young maidens throughout the Seven Kingdoms - or six if someone exempts the Iron Islands; that explains the many bastards he has who thankfully are on the Wall serving the Realm which sometimes ain't worth saving. But Edmyn was also a skilled warrior whether it be in the melee or on horseback & a strategist as fighting alone doesn't make you a leader. Men's hearts cannot be forced to love, they obey but in time they will turn the sword on you and run when opportunity arises, leaders must inspire the smallfolk they protect to fight for them or die trying and that he had his grip firm.

The son of Randyll II Mooton-Tarly was not like his father in many ways. While his father was a lovely person he never instigated fear to his political enemies despite being Master of Laws for many years, losing his wife was the last straw and so he gave up to serve into the Night's Watch and I was only 10. But Edmyn was feared amongst the nobles & smallfolk alike not just in the Reach but on the Riverlands as well when he killed Bracken pretenders in Lord Blackwood's name. Or using the methods of house Bolton on the ironmen near the Mallister caosts or on the Shields as a warning to these brutes. A Tywin Lannister of the Reach itself; he was the High Marshal of the Reach and he always used fear to subdue his enemies, they might despised him but he had their "respect".

It had been six days ago when he received a letter, from Lord Paramount Selwyn Tyrell; his liege. It had a nice yellow wax parchment with a rose to it, at first it seemed to him that his services would be needed after many years of "peace" if you could call it like that. Though it had turned out be quite fasioned written, he was calling all the lords & ladies of the Reach to present themselves to swear fealty to the new lord and attend the ceremonial feast when & where he will acquire his other fancy titles.

The host saw some Poor Fellows on the street celebreating the end of winter and the beginning of summer and then "the headache" came back again. He hoped he wouldn't have to meet any warrior's son who could have probably knew him and surely wanted him dead, as he had muttered to himself a hundred times and one . The Faith Militant were against Lord Dickon when he allowed northerns come into Horn Hill, they took his head only to lose their own when Ser Aemon Snow killed them or hunged them or even sent them to the Wall.

Highgarden was a metropolis, filled with all kinds of activity. The streets and wynds seemed longer than he had anticipated, and increasingly crowded. He past fishmongers and bakers, street urchins and highborn ladies, yet he had no idea where he was, in this city he lived his whole damn life. It was as foreign to him as were the North or Dorne. He had to ask for directions again several more times before he found himself at the gates to enter the main city district, no need to guess where were you, only to see the "majestic" stones which stood vigil at the small gatehouse. He was stumbling on the makeshift city of silk and cloth, marquees, tents, pavilions & shit - lots of shit to be exact and not just from the horses though, all standing high outside these walls. Some of these lords were coming from the edges of the Reach; both Fossoways, Bulwer, Ashford, Redwyne & Hightower and let us not forget the Tyrells from the Shield Islands and even beyond as he noticed banners even from House Brax of the Westerlands or House Rosby from the crownlands who came to gave their respects to the new lord. As they were getting near the keep some men blocked their way, those men where not part of the Tyrell retinue nor any other house - only one group wears brown tunic with a rainbow colorful armor; Warrior's Son acompanied with a good score of Poor Fellows but that didn't matter, what did matter they were armed to the teeth and that worried Lord Edmyn. A knight from the Warrior's Son stepped forward with full armor.

"Turn back and leave, false worshippers and tree fuckers are not welcome here." said with his soft voice. His was tapping his finger of his right hand to his sword, waiting for the wrong answer apparently.

"What?" Lord Edmyn narrowed his eyes at the knight, feeling the heat of anger on his neck. "We are esteemed guests to Lord Selwyn Tyrell, now get out of our way as we have invitations or el-."

The man smiled and remained unmoved."Cross that off your list," The soldier wheeled around before rubbing in his insult. "You whore's bitch!" shouted another man.

Ser Torrhen Snow, the Knight of Hunt Barrow dismounted his horse and quickly walked towards the Poor Fellow catching from his neck and getting him up, he was a beast of man and that's right he was so powerful. "What in hells did you just say, you fuck?" Ser Snow snapped at the Poor Fellow, hissing at him with hostility. "You fucking take that back you piece of worthless shit." The man spit on his face only to be tossed agains the wall. The faith militant drew their swords. Two of them tried to attack Ser Snow but they got down without ending up dead as he used the flat side of his sword. Ser Patrek dismounted as well and stayed near Lord Edmyn while Yarwyck Pyke rode his horse against other poor Fellows.They were forty against thirty thankfully, 30 of these men were from his own retinue while the others either sworn to Ser Patrek Frey or Ser Snow.

A sergeant from Tyrell guards were partolling until they stumbled into this fight. "What in the Seven Hells you doing there st... -!" he shouted but was cut short, drawing his sword when he noticed it was Lord Edmyn he tunred to his men and said. "Fuck! Protect the Lord!" and several crossbowmen shot some non-lethal arrows towards these brigands and thankfully they lowered their weapons. Ser Patrek Frey tunred them against the wall. "Fuck you Mooton" said a knight from the Warrior's Son until his sentinel Ser Yarwyck Pyke slapped him while pointed his finger on him angrily exclaiming,"Mind your fucking manner, you will address his as Lord duster"
The sergeant was confused not knowing what to do with thse men, Lord Edmyn got near him and said" These men insulted & drew their swords against a Lord, according to law I should have taken their heads but I would be merciful so sent them to the wall alongside with their septon or else I will burn the sept they serve" The sergeant bowed and left with the prisoners; the future will be the Wall now thnaks to him.

They had finally apperared in front of the gates. The gates were open but guarded by Tyrell guards, behind them Edmyn noticed a large group of servants working around, shotuing and yelling orders to each other. A knight walked near the host of his forty men. "M'lord Mooton, you have arrived one hour earlier it seems, the first of all the guests I dare say."

"It matters not, announce us to the lord" he commander in his natural tone, the man bowed and left......

Riverrun, the Riverlands
Edmure Mooton; heir to Maidenpool & squire to Lord Robb Tully

The sun was shining above the great castle of Riverrun, the ancestral seat of House Tully. It's walls had stood the tests of time, the weathered stone covered with damp moss climbing up to the battlements. The rains had poured down from the heavens for weeks and the banks of the mighty Trident swelled, bursting along it's three forks and flooding surrounding villages and farmland. Many lords fought the river rather than each other, turning to somewhat primitive means to prevent further flooding of their holdings and lands. Wooden seawalls were erected around hamlets and holdfasts across the Riverlands in effort to stave off more flooding; it worked thankfully.

The rains had ceased on the morn when the raven from King's Landing came into Riverrun's rookery, the early morn rays of sun bursting through the grey clouds which hung in the skies above. Massive puddles littered the lands surrounding the formidable castle and the flooded, submerged banks were being emptied, the water draining back into the Tumblestone; the Red Fork had not broken it's banks, a blessing to those who lived on them. The Gods had not granted the Realm good fortunes that day though, and it would suffer at the hands of high lords and ladies playing their games.

The Riverlands weren't a faraway place, unlike the North or Dorne. It had neither much snow nor an abundance of scorching sun, yet the Riverlands were home. Edmure Mooton was given the fortune that few have: to be born into a noble riverlander family and serve as a squire a Great House of Westeros. The Tullys were a proud and ancient house, dating back before Aegon's Landing and had even been lord of Riverrun but never as petty kings just like his family the Mootons. Riverlands were always a region of constant war but they had managed even they to carve an independent kingdom before "uniting" under the Storm Kings but that was before being enslaved by the Ironmen across the bay, and it was Edmyn Tully who sided with the Valyrian conqueror; Aegon Targaryen and his sisters, rebelling against the Iron King Harren Hoare also known as the Black and was rewarded the entirety of the Riverlands, the lands of the Trident. No, Edmure Mooton had been fortunate, and stood to inherit the lands, titles and revenues of Maidenpool who were prinicpal bannermen to House Tully, Lord Arwood Mooton. Lord Robb had taken Edmure as his squire alongside with Rodrik Mallister for several years now. No suprise they came to serve their Lord Paramount, the were guardians of the edges of Tully territory. Despite Rodrik "outranked him" due he was two years more squire to Lord Robb he never took advantage of his position.

Now, he sat down the bench, rubbing shoulders with the the bannermen present of the Riverlands on Lord Robb's great hall. Blackwoods, Rygers, Goodbrooks, Charletons and several Freys who Lord Robb's father Lord Edmure tolerated them on his service due his wife was a Frey as well. They sat together at the benches against each other. With him being almost next to his lords seat of power while being flanked by Ser Cregan Frey & Howard Blackwood. They had gathered themselves and awaited the lord to give them orders; it was no secret that the queen and her firstborn son were dead as the bells from the sept rung almost unstopped. They were already at the court of Riverrrun when they heard about these news, a war of succession or a Dance of Dragons anew will start over again in the endless cycle of violence that plagues the Seven Kingdoms.

Lord Robb entered the hall and all men risen from the bench, he paused and then nodded them to sit. The men were informed that these grave news were true and probably another war will come soon and as every war the Riverlands will be hit hard as always. Edmure downed the last dregs of his cup before slamming it down on the bench and moving out from under the trestle table, his hand clutching the wood as he struggled to to say the right words. "So her Grace is dead truly." he paused for a moment,"Now with the Taragaryens not knowning what probably they have to do, a perfect time for the realm to bleed indeed." He got up and looked to all the men around.
"M'lord forgive me but we must sent ravens immediatly to my lord father and Lord Piper to prepare themselves in case things go awry". His monotonous voice echoed across the Great Hall as he moved towards the balcony - the men around agreed with him, winter is over but now war is coming in his steed filling the gap for new corpses to rot on the countryside , he pushed the windows to open and look out onto the scenery. Distant holdfasts dotted the landscape and villages with them, and far off on the horizon a thick fog obstructing further view. The view brought comfort to the squire of Riverrun, a spectre of his former self. Lord Robb's rule had only survived thanks to his close allies, one of which being Lord Kevan Mallister, Lord Piper and his lord father who ruled Maidenpool - all of them principal bannermen loyal to house Tully.

""We...we must do something, my lords, to protect our people! From the Crossing to the Stoney Sept & from Maidenpool to Seagard to near Oxcross in the Westerlands. While the Realm would bleed, it would be the Riverlands that would suffer" and he tunred to the men with his face expression almost emotionless....
Last edited by Slakonian on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

Masimino
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masimino » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:03 am

ImageHouse Mormont, 1 day After the Fall of the Dragons

Randar was checking the items he was to bring to the mainland. His Axe, food, gifts, and other necessities were in order. He was just about done when he found an old book near his desk, it was a child's book, read to him by his mother Lyanna Mormont. He remembered what she told him before going to bed, how the a Dragon can fly and breathe fire, how the Wolves can be stealthy and dangerous, how the Stag is mighty and strong, and how the Lions become king of the plains. He was so fascinated with what his mother told him, but what really made him proud to be a Bear was how his mother told him that the Bear is strongest of all, how it can swim and hunt, how it survives. To Randar, the Bear was the King, if not the King, then the strongest.

Suddenly, a knock came from his door. Randar asked "Who is it?", a voice said "It's me m'lord, Landor". Randar opened the door, and Landor asked "May we speak, m'lord?". Randar was curious, and asked "About what?". Landor looked around the halls, and pushed Randar inside, there he said "The Queen is dead, I believe this is not the right moment for us to go to the Targaryen's". Randar looked confused, but he knew the consequences of what would happen if the Queen died, especially without a formal heir being announced. "Do the Starks know?" asked Randar, who was loyal to the Starks, like how Alysane fought with them in the Second Long night. "I don't know, but we should go there to tell them, to discuss the possibilities and plans if things go bloody" said Landor, who was nervous. "Then we'll go the Starks first, but only me and a retinue of men, including my brother, let my Uncle rule in my stead while I'm away." he ordered to Landor, who nodded in agreement.

Later in the day, he told his family, and Landor backed him up. Jorge was nervous, the Twins were slightly shocked, Corrad seemed indifferent about what to feel. "Now, Corrad and I will go to the Starks, while my uncle Jorge will rule here, is that understood?" he asked to the table with his family and small council. They all nodded in agreement, and with that, the meeting was over. Corrad got ready, carrying his sword, armor and other stuff he thought he needed to bring. About 15 men came with them, and together, they sailed the Ocean in the boat, waiting to reach land and hope to prepare for the coming Storm.

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:38 am

Gates of Highgarden
The captain of the wall was tracking the banners of Hightower through the rose road and after visually conforming that Kardens was indeed leading the party he gave the command "open the gates!" while a boy was sent to alert lord paramount that first of his guests had arrived. The grand hall despite all the hectic last minute changes was ready to host the ceremony and the servants have gone over the routine at least a dozen times so that everything works with precision of a clock. Upon request of Selwyn, there were even twenty food tasters stationed in the kitchen so that every food and every drink bought to the banquet is safe and tasty. Indeed despite the reservations of Clayse, the words of Selwyn seemed to have had the desired effect for roses of hundred colours decorate the hall and in all the tables there is a bouquet of roses surrounding the golden rose at the centre - all of which are with thorns just as Sarya wanted.

The prisoners from the encounter between Lord Edmyn and the militants were taken in through a separate entrance, it was part of a tunnel system built during reign of Willas and extended throughout the city; hardly comfortable and certainly an absolute maze but for those who knew the way it was the way to enter and exit the city in event of a seize - or when you did not want impertinent prisoners ruining the welcome for lords of the realm apparently. The exit chosen was deliberately away from the entrance to the grand hall - where banners were laid out and guards lined the streets ensuring anyone not immaculately dressed was not present. This was Highgarden and everyone was superbly rich, well nourished and smelt fabulous... or at least that is the image crowd gathered would lead anyone to believe. Of course most of these were children of lords or knights while few were peasants taken from their homes to be fed and clothed for this occasion but it would be a shame if truth came between a celebration and an illusion.

When the boy finally found Lord Selwyn, guards stopped his entrance - there were strict instructions that no one was to enter the tower under any circumstances, the risk was simply too great that they would make sense of the ramblings of Darlessa. Inside Selwyn and his sister hadn't gone up to visit their mother after all, instead choosing to sit half way through as Sarya whispered "do you think she will ever forgive us". The answer was of course straight forward, and both knew it - indeed that is why she was supposed to be in the feast drinking and enjoying herself alongside their brothers. That way her body could be laid to rest on a boat through the Trident - a lot more dignified ending than this. On more than one occasion Selwyn has considered simply ending the whole sorry affair; perhaps it would be better for everyone as time begins to heal the wounds not constantly scabbed by howling from the room. He has always said the same thing that he repeats embracing Sarya "she will forget", indeed one can only hope.

The moment is interrupted by the guard who speaks from outside the door "my lord, guests have begun arriving". The words shattered the illusion of peace, as he quickly stood up to reply "bring my brother Oswell down, I will be in the reception momentarily", this seems to have gotten Sarya back in her composure at well as she ignores the howling by her mother and walks down the stairs "I need to something more appropriate" but her brother stops her "I am not keeping control of that brat, you need to be there in the reception and what you have on is already perfectly appropriate". However she simply runs off the tower, mentioning that there is no way she is going to be controlling Oswell in the reception; indeed he wouldn't be a problem latter on for during the coronation and feast he was to stay in his room but while first greeting the guest it was only appropriate if the youngest brother was there as well.

Sending the call for Kelwyn to stand behind Oswell and make sure he is on his best behaviour, Selwyn takes towards the reception area where he is quite pleased to see everything is as intended and even Oswell appears to be standing straight and looking forward formally although the presence of Kelwyn directly behind him is quite conspicuous. As he stands expecting to see banners of Hightower instead there are banners of Mooton-Tarly - quite likely they had forgotten to man the outer gates so early. Nevertheless as Randyll dismounts from his horse, Selwyn steps forward to greet him.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:04 am

Gates of Highgarden

Lord Edmyn & his men were waiting for the Castellan by custom to come and greet them, instead he lingered for a few moments as he watched Lord Selwyn himslef exiting from the keep coming to greet them, truth be told they were a bit shocked but gained their senses very quickly. The Lord of Horn Hill dismounted from his black mount & slowly stepped forward, until he reached the very end of the battlements. As he leaned forward now and for a moment he smiled to the young lord and ever so slowly he tunred to his men and then looking back to Lord Selwyn,"My Lord" he said sternly and bent the knee alongisde with his other 40 men. First impressions always matter he knew and it was true enough as the Lord himself found that a bit unexpected. The men shacked hands and nodded to follow the lord.

"Come," Artos said as he led his bannermen inside the keep. He could see & smell many kinds of flowers around here who were on display for the coronation of Lord Selwyn to his official duties. Lord Edmyn nodded warily, gesturing for Lord Arryn to have a moment to talk,"You should know my lord that I, Lord Edmyn Mooton-Tarly of Horn Hill & High Marshal of the Reach stand ready to swear fealty to you. For generations we have been loyal bannermen to your family and to the Gardeners before you when your family where Castellans. May I say your father would have been proud despite I have never knew the man personally and neither you m'lord. Beside me is my Snetinal Ser Yarwyck Pyke; he hails from the Shields, Ser Torrhen Snow of Hunt Barrow & Ser Patrek Frey of Yellowmyre". He introduced the men one by one by custom.

Lord Edmyn Mooton drew a deep breath, and tasted the sweet aroma of perfume, food delicasies and the of course the flowers where the bees were a bit busy working just the same as the servants in quick paces. Those women where quite beautiful but he preferred to stay away from them due he had enough bastards already, he didn't want to add Flowers as well.
Men loved to chatter on and on about courage, even in the face of death. They spoke of how one ought to laugh and accept their destiny, and fancied this the epitome of wisdom. How easy it was for them who had nothing to lose but their lives chide the trembling and the fearful. As for Edmyn, nothing terrified him more than his own demise, of leaving his children, his wife, and even his cousins without a firm foundation; his legacy that will pass the test of time. His sense of foreboding slowed his pace, but the thought of what would transpire if he declined to treat with Lord Selwyn stiffened his resolve. He was here to provide his services & bussiness not to provide empty courtsies or spend time; a luxury to stupid endavours, he could do that with his courtiers.

They arrived almost an hour early but he hoped the feast will start sooner or later as he was hungry and thirsty.......

Dragonstone
Ser Ramsay Mooton-Tarly; heir to Horn Hill & until recently squire of Prince Aegon Targaryen

Calling things complicated would have been gentle enough. Until last night he was at the side of the Prince; naming him a knight after all these years of service. For 9 long years Dragonstone was his home, at first he hated the constant storms and the sea made him sick but eventuall some people change. Dragonstone had always the smell of ash and salt, it wasn't sweet but it alot better than King's Landing where always smelled sweat and piss from the Flea Bottom. Calling that place a city was a laughing stock, it would have been better if the Mad King Aerys had burned the city with wildfyre or Stannis Baratheon put it on the torch due Tywin Lannister did half the job he was supposed to do. Unlike the rest of Westeros, bells were singing more from both the Red Sept of Dragonstone which housed the followers of R'hllor also known as the Lord of Light. Many mistaken that the old valyrian beliefs came with the Red demon as that bastard Septon Tommen said but that was a lie, even when the Targaryens were following the Seven they still kept their old valyrian beliefs such as marrying their own kith and kin but thankfully this time they don't marry brother to sister no more... at least for the time being.

The Night is Dark and full of Terrors, so true. In a glimpse both the Queen and her heir diying with no clear distinction of who will step and take the Iron Throne. By Andal law the Targaryens of King's Landing had every right to take the throne technically due the Targaryens of Dragonstone were a cadet branch to the main branch but there was no main branch actually if you were going to watch closer. Too many Targaryens were around, slowly but surely the realm will have another Dance of Dragons which didn't want possibly to think of.

And there he saw Lucarys on the map carved table with it's window overlooking Dragonstone, he was the Prince now technically but with his father sudden adventure things were chaotic. For now Lucarys would probably act as a Castellan or maybe Ramsay would have that honor. He entered the room and and asked humbly Lucarys, "You asked of me, my Prince?"
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

Diliath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diliath » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 am

Lancion Piper, King's Landing, 0 days after the Fall of Dragons.

When Lancion had reached the level of the Keep below the room of Queen Daenerys did he notice a beautiful young woman who was looking at him. He turned to one of his guards to tell him to send word about the queens death because he know he wouldn't find time for it. Then did he walk towards the lady who was still watching him. "Hello, Mylady, it does please me to see such a beautiful flower in such a sad night. Please tell me, who are you, as I do not recognize you from the court and I would not forget such a beautiful face." did he say while he pulled back his golden cloak as he bowed for her to kiss her hand.

The High Septon, King's Landing, 0 days after the Fall of Dragons.

The High Septon was preparing to leave to the Red Keep when a servant offered him a message. Although The High Septon read quickly through the message was he intrigued by its meaning. He had already tought long about the heresy on Dragonstone, but Daenerys had always showed intolerance against his idea of a holy war, but her very recent that opened new opportunities. Everyone knew about the tension in the Taragaryen dynasty so maybe could he convince the Targaryen branch of the city about undertaking action as even all warrior son's in the seven Kingdoms would lose from a single dragon. He would discuss it with his allies on the court. With this thoughts left he the Great Sept of Baelor, accompanied by twenty warrior sons.

Marvian Piper, Pinkmaiden, 1 day after the Fall of Dragons.

Marvian was lying in field of grain in the sight of Pinkmaiden with some of his peasants, servants and friends when a rider from the castle approached. "Sir, Maester Kyrren requests your present at the castle with speed." did the rider proclaim. Marvian's toughts darkened as maester Kyrren only asked for speed in important cases. He climbed on his horse and followed the rider to the castle. Pinkmaiden had expanded under his reign and that of his father. The ancestral castle was now only one of the four smaller towers that surrounded a new, more than two times as big donjon. The towers were connected by a thick all and both inside and outside of that wall had grown towns. As Marvian rode through the gate was he suprised to see maester Kyrren already waiting for him. As he dismounted said Kyrren the fatal words: "The king and the prince of Dragonstone is dead." The face of the peaceful Marvian tightened as he expected just like all other lords in Westeros that war would come know. With a calm voice did he reply:"Send Ravens to our bannermen, commanders and Galaion. I want them here with their forces. I hope that peace remains but the army has to be ready when war starts. Galaion has to be here in two days as I will travel to King's Landing to help keeping the peace and he must rule Pinkmaiden when I'm away." The maester bowed and walked away, while Marvian entered the donjon. Fearful of what would come to his house and his people.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:09 am

Diliath wrote:
(Image)

When Lancion had reached the level of the Keep below the room of Queen Daenerys did he notice a beautiful young woman who was looking at him. He turned to one of his guards to tell him to send word about the queens death because he know he wouldn't find time for it. Then did he walk towards the lady who was still watching him. "Hello, Mylady, it does please me to see such a beautiful flower in such a sad night. Please tell me, who are you, as I do not recognize you from the court and I would not forget such a beautiful face." did he say while he pulled back his golden cloak as he bowed for her to kiss her hand.

(Image)
The High Septon, King's Landing, 0 days after the Fall of Dragons.

The High Septon was preparing to leave to the Red Keep when a servant offered him a message. Although The High Septon read quickly through the message was he intrigued by its meaning. He had already tought long about the heresy on Dragonstone, but Daenerys had always showed intolerance against his idea of a holy war, but her very recent that opened new opportunities. Everyone knew about the tension in the Taragaryen dynasty so maybe could he convince the Targaryen branch of the city about undertaking action as even all warrior son's in the seven Kingdoms would lose from a single dragon. He would discuss it with his allies on the court. With this thoughts left he the Great Sept of Baelor, accompanied by twenty warrior sons.

(Image)
Marvian Piper, Pinkmaiden, 1 day after the Fall of Dragons.

Marvian was lying in field of grain in the sight of Pinkmaiden with some of his peasants, servants and friends when a rider from the castle approached. "Sir, Maester Kyrren requests your present at the castle with speed." did the rider proclaim. Marvian's toughts darkened as maester Kyrren only asked for speed in important cases. He climbed on his horse and followed the rider to the castle. Pinkmaiden had expanded under his reign and that of his father. The ancestral castle was now only one of the four smaller towers that surrounded a new, more than two times as big donjon. The towers were connected by a thick all and both inside and outside of that wall had grown towns. As Marvian rode through the gate was he suprised to see maester Kyrren already waiting for him. As he dismounted said Kyrren the fatal words: "The king and the prince of Dragonstone is dead." The face of the peaceful Marvian tightened as he expected just like all other lords in Westeros that war would come know. With a calm voice did he reply:"Send Ravens to our bannermen, commanders and Galaion. I want them here with their forces. I hope that peace remains but the army has to be ready when war starts. Galaion has to be here in two days as I will travel to King's Landing to help keeping the peace and he must rule Pinkmaiden when I'm away." The maester bowed and walked away, while Marvian entered the donjon. Fearful of what would come to his house and his people.

Elaena Targaryen,
House Targaryen of Summerhall

As the young man came closer, she noticed a signet ring flash with the sigil of House Piper, and a shining golden cloak that swayed to his heels. A gold cloak then, eh? And boy is he laying it on thick. she thought as the young man kissed her hand. She straightened up and introduced herself.

"I am Elaena Targaryen, eldest daughter of Princess Baela and granddaughter of Queen Daenerys, well was the granddauughter of the late Queen Daenerys I should say now." she said, her voice distant with the realization of the tragedy. Despite this, she couldn't help but notice that this golden knight was quite handsome.

Baela Targaryen's Court Chambers,
Red Keep

"Baela. Is it true? Are you really going to rouse the banners now?" Daemon asked his wife. Baela shook her head. "I can't Daemon, at least not now anyway. Stannis' army out numbers us ten to one, and this isn't the time to he making any enemies before we know who will be king. We need to proceed with caution, my love. I told Aerion as much because he needed reassurance, I do not want to betray my mother. But I will betray her more by causing our bloodline to be eliminated from the earth by war. Her main goal was to preserve the Targaryen dynasty." the princess sighed.

Daemon put a hand on his wife's shoulder. "We will be fine, but you're right. We do need to proceed with caution and preserve our family. I want Summerhall to go to the children of Dorean and Rhaella, not Stannis' children. Anyway, what I think we should do is leave Baelor here. He is our only dragon and to be in the Stormlands if Stannis wants to play hardball he'll be safe here. We will have your brothers' support if we need men, but then the reinforcements would take forever to get there." Daemon spoke and Baela blanched. Rhaella's beloved dragon? She'd have to give him up?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Diliath
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diliath » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:45 am

The words of Elaena had impact on Lancion. He hadn't expect her to be such an highborn person. He was also ashamed of his seductive action at a night that must had been hard for her. "Sorry then, your grace, I didn't know that. I guess that this is a hard night for you and I didn't mean to offend you with my words on such a moment of tragedy. Did you know the queen well? If I may ask of course." did he say as the smile that had appeared on his face when he saw her was replaced by a face that was serious and that showed grief.
Last edited by Diliath on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:09 am, edited 6 times in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Lucarys Targaryen
Dragonstone, Blackwater Bay, 1 Day after the Fall of the Dragons

The fires of the temple rose into the air. Lucarys and his sister Aerea were in attendance as the Stormsinger prepared Aegon's body for the funeral in the next couple of days. The ceremony ended and Lucarys escorted his sister home. As they entered the castle he escorted Aerea to her chambers. Like him, she had been given a Dragon egg at birth, but hers like most of the Targaryen family, did not hatch. It sat on a pedestal in his sister's room. A golden scaled egg with green ripples crossing over it. It was coming close to the time where she would be wed to some other noble family to solidify alliances for House Targaryen.

His parents had already been working on a match from him. Some say he was going to be sent to Summerhall to try and treat with his family there, but nothing came of the idea. Other rumors said he was going to be sent to Lys or Volantis. Personally, he'd like to chose his own bride, but it was in the hands of his parents for the time being. He was in the room of the painted table when Ser Ramsay entered. He smiled, Ramsay Mooton-Tarly had been a life long friend of his. Until recently he was his Grandfather's Squire. Lucarys had been Aegon's squire at one point as well, but was knighted very young for his Dragonriding skills alone. "Thank you for coming Ramsay. My father left in the middle of the night recently. My mother is on her way to Kings Landing. That leaves me as Prince of Dragonstone." He walked along the painted table looking at the intricacies that existed on the famed table.

"Ramsay, I need you to send letters to Horn Hill. The Maester believes that Aegon was poisoned. I need you to rally your father and his bannermen in case of war. There was great distrust between Queen Daenerys and Prince Aegon. I want to say she killed him, but I have no proof. If she did, it is likely that her own living son Aerion will try and take the Throne. My father is the rightful heir. If not he, then my uncle Oberyn. Heirs of the fallen Heir and all." Pausing for a moment as a shadow flies over the castle. A dragon's roar announced that a dragonrider had arrived at the gates. His own dragon Fyrax responded in kind declaring the castle under the guard of a dragonrider already. "It seems as if a cousin of mine has come. Go and get that letter sent out. I will see to my cousin."

Making his way to the gate he called his own dragon with his warhorn. He stepped out before the castle alone. Blackfyre at his side and the Iron Crown of the Prince of Dragonstone upon his brow. As his dragon landed on a tower of the outer wall he stepped forward, "Daeron, it has been some time. I have heard the passing of Queen Daenerys. I cannot say I knew her well. She was my Great Grandmother as you probably know. Please, come on in. I have summoned my vassals to attend the funeral of Prince Aegon. So far only House Sunglass is present, but the others will be here soon." He led Daeron through the gates into the yard of the castle. The spire before them rising high into the sky. "I am wondering however, why you came. I would think that you would have stayed in Kings Landing for the funeral of your grandmother."

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Lord Paramount Robb Tully
Riverrun, Riverlands

Lord Robb had finished speaking to his wife and children. They were shaken by the news, but not surprised. Both the Queen and Prince were advanced in their age, death was inevitable. Unfortunately, that didn't make it any easier. After allowing a moment for the news to sink in, Robb sent Livia, Minisa, and Brynden back to their apartments. But, his eldest sons he kept behind. He waited until the door to the Small Hall closed and he was sure the three were alone.

"The Queen an the Prince are dead. I know you two aren't fools you know what that means?"

Edmure and Willerd nodded their heads, as Edmure spoke up. "The line of succession has been muddled."

"Claims will be pressed and swords drawn." Added Willerd.

"Precisely." Replied their father. "Four branches of Targaryens, four potential claims. War is practically guaranteed." Robb rose from his seat and walked to the small window. From below he could hear the ringing of bells. By now word had spread throughout the castle and the surrounding town. The smallfolk would need reassurance, and the castle's men-at-arms as well. Robb turned back to his sons. "Edmure, ride into the town and announce the deaths. The smallfolk are sure to already know, but your words will confirm the truth and dispel any rumors that may be spreading." Robb turned to Willerd. "Willerd, gather the garrison and do the same. These deaths don't change their orders. If anything they need to be more wary now than ever." His sons both nodded and rose from the table.

Robb sat for a few minutes after they had gone. He had sent his squires to gather his vassals who were at court and the senior members of his court. By now they were surely gathered in the Great Hall by now. Robb made his way down and found them assembled. Having done the same that he had instructed his sons to do, Robb informed those assembled that the news was true. The silence following was broken by Edmure Mooton, heir to Maidenpool and one of Robb's squires. The boy spoke of ravens and preparations. He was right of course, but Robb had already sent the appropriate ravens and given orders to his own men.

"Thank you, Edmure. You will be glad to know that I have already sent ravens to your Lord father, Lord Marvian, and the rest of my bannermen. Any who were unaware of the royal death are now aware. They've also been told to prepare their men and keep a keen eye." Robb rose from his seat and motioned for his squire to retake his seat.

"I will be traveling to King's Landing, to attend the funeral of the Queen. My sons Edmure and Willerd will rule here in my stead. Lady Livia, Minisa, and Brynden will be traveling with me and a contingent of men. You are all welcome to travel with us, remain here, or return to your own holds. Though I must caution you. If there is a war on the horizon, it will dawn in King's Landing."

Those present murmured among themselves. The sons of lords Blackwood and Goodbrook agreed to make the journey, while the rest would return home. Lord Robb rose from his seat and the others followed suit. "Very well, we leave for King's Landing the day after tomorrow. Gods watch over us all."

Ser Hoster Tully of the Queensguard

Ser Hoster had been sleeping in his quarters on the third floor of the White Sword Tower. But, he was awakened by the voice of one his sworn brothers. "All Queensguards are needed in the Royal apartments." Hoster rose from bed quickly, he was accustomed to rising and working on little sleep. He splashed water on his face, from a small bowl of water, and dawned his white and armor. Having clasped on his cloak and tightened his sword belt.

Hoster rushed through the halls of the Red Keep. He had little trouble making his way, most people knew better than to impede a member of the Queensguard. He arrived at the door of the Queen's room. He found Sers Wyl and Kettleblack at their posts. "Has it happened?" Asked Hoster, his voice hushed.

"It has." Replied Wyl, his voice likewise hushed. "Prince Aerion and the Grand Maester are with her."

Hoster took his place with his brothers at the door. As he stood watch many came and went. Prince Daeron, Princess Baela and her husband and daughter, and others who seemed to blend together. Hoster was in a bit of a haze. The better part of his life had been spent in service to the Queen and now she was dead. The culprit wasn't a blade or an arrow or a poisoned goblet.

All his training and skill had proved useless in preventing her death. Eventually, the night faded into morning and Hoster was relieved. Despite the suggestion from his brothers, Hoster did not return to the tower. Instead he walked the halls of the Keep, still grappling with the death. He found himself in the Great Hall. He simply stood, staring at the throne.
Last edited by Phalnia on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse