NATION

PASSWORD

1914:Rise of the Empires (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lingria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

1914:Rise of the Empires (IC)

Postby Lingria » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:24 pm

1914:Rise of the Empires

The year is 1914, a Great War is brewing among the Great Powers, The German and Austrian (Clankers) Land-machines scope out the land as the British, Russian and French (Darwinist) Land-Beasts roam the land with their human masters guiding them. The British 'beasties' were created when the famed scientist Charles Darwin discovered the 'Threads of life' enhancing the British military with extinct animals and creating mix-species, But the Germans and Austrians had plans of their own. Following British discoveries the Germans created 'Walkers', Kinds of machines that stood with two legs and were controlled manually by a 'Pilot' inside, The pilot uses two saunters to control the machine and it's armed with a 12cm Cannon and two MG-08 “Spandau” Heavy machine guns. The newer Land-Dreadnoughts are slower then the walkers but carry heavier weaponry then the walker, The German Sea Dreadnoughts are armed with Kraken fighting equipment and a couple have the experimental Tesla Weapon. The British however have the new “Behemoth” a Creature so powerful it can swallow a German Dreadnought whole. The French and Russian armies are know for their use of giant bears. America, Mexico and Japan are known for their use of both technologies. Japan converting peacefully, America. Less then peacefully. When the American Civil War broke out the South used the British styles with the beasties and the North with their German-like machines. The North prevailed and won the war. This has given the German and Austrian armies confidence in their styles and hope that they will also prevail like the Americans in this war to come

Short Intro? Yes. But the point gets across. This timeline is very much different then ours, Such example is Charles Darwin. In our world he never was able to reach into the life threads and create such animals, But discovered the beginning of Modern Biology, We humans didn't discover DNA well until the 1950's and we didn't really understand it until the late 90's, Only recently have we been able to clone animals, For the German and Austrian machines, They never existed in our timeline and the first mechanical land unit wasn't deployed until 1916 and even then it was of British origin. This will start in early June and will span throughout the early 1910's, I will play the Rule of the German Empire, Remember the technology and hope it doesn't backfire.
Other Information:As said above, The Americans, Mexicans and Japanese are a mix between Machine and Flesh, Mexico is however in a Revolution (of sorts). The Germans have experimental Tesla Cannons and only one of their Dreadnoughts is fit with it (It's only effective use is against the British Airships). Austro-Hungary is economically and politically more stable then in our timeline, Arch-Duke Franz Ferdinand (Austrian noble) is dis-liked in the family as he chose to marry a 'commoner'. The one Sophie Choket, In a couple days they will leave for Sarajevo (I'll let the player who controls Austro-Hungary control them) and many people have disliked them including the Emperor of Austria, So much that when they declared they were gonna get married the Emperor forbid them to get married, There was so much of a rift that the Kaiser, The Czar and even the Holy Father tried to patch things up, They made a compromise. A left-handed marriage. Which means that they could marry but their children could inherent nothing!
Time Scale:
In this RP, I will be generally directing the timescale, although you are welcome to help out with that in the game. Because of the nature of the way RPs like this work, a single day can elapse over countless posts, or a single post can advance the timeline by a month. All that is asked is that no-one advance the timeline unreasonably. By this I mean that if two nations are at a conference and are engaging in discussions, some other player can't make a post that takes place a week in the future. That being said, try to keep such conferences to a minimum in order to keep the timeline moving. And be aware of the limitations that exist in communication technologies at this time.

Waging War:
Any conflict that is started must be waged reasonably and realistically. This is - 1914, people! Troops are constantly hampered by the technological limitations of the day, which I will go into more detail about below:

Technology:
Understanding the limitations of your nation's technology is important. Make sure that you play according to that technology.

Know How to Lose:
This is the biggest problem I see in RPs, and I have no doubt that some dummy will cause this issue at some point. In every battle, at every second, every side tries to describe some heroic definitive victory move, a "checkmate" if you will, that causes their army to emerge victorious. This results in an incredibly childish back-and-forth and makes the game un-enjoyable. if you are losing due to decisions made earlier on, then for god's sake lose! Don't try to make up some bullcrap about a single unit of soldiers that manages to survive and win the day, that's not how real war works. Now, I'm not saying that occasionally, in certain circumstances, definitive heroics aren't allowed. If I catch anyone breaking this simple rule of integrity in a major way, there will be one warning, followed by out-the-door.

Meta-Gaming:
This is the last point I need to make. What is meta-gaming? Well, when the British start thinking about negotiating a takeover of Mexico, and suddenly Mexico boosts it's military numbers way up and is put on high alert, that's meta-gaming: because Mexico couldn't possibly know exactly what the British were thinking. This is unacceptable. Also, you must declare espionage before you commit it, (either on the OOC or IC) you can't just say that you committed espionage and knew the enemy's plans after you had decimated their entire army.
Last edited by Lingria on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Danish Confederacy - Waifu of the South, The United Eastern States of Europe- Waifu Islander, Mirakai -Waifu of kinks, New Babylonia - da kewtiest waifu, & Derpopoliss - mai best bud. are my Waifu's, & I love them

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
I support Ted Cruz
TRUSTED

Be careful, CC lurks in the sigs
I was running through the streets with my rows - Julius Caesar, on Londonium.

Lingria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Lingria » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 am

Elsass-Lothringen, German Empire

A bird chirped in the distance as the female French soldier sang along, The Germans simply watched in awe "Sigmund...What is she doing?" Asked one of the German Soldiers "She's expressing herself to the bird through the love able game of song" Replied the commanding officer "Sir......That's beautiful" "Thanks, Why don't you call out to her?" "I guess I will" The German stood up and yelled towards the French woman "You're voice is pretty!" The French woman noticed him and smiled "Merci, vous êtes si gentils Allemands" Sigmund smiled at her "Right, French speak French" He told himself before looking back to her "I'm sorry, I don't understand!" The woman frowned before speaking in ruffled German "I said....Thank you" "You're very much welcome" He smiled at her before sighing "What's your name?" She smiled at him before responding slowly and clearly "Chloé....Le Tonnelier" He smiled before slowly writing down her name in his journal "Chloé my names, Sigmund Bähr. Perhaps after our shifts we can meet each other on the same ground?" "Yes, I'd like that."
Berlin, German Empire

Kaiser Wilhelm II looked at the map of France with curiosity. "My Kaiser, Most of the forts seem to be here and here" He watched his main general point at a patch of forest near Elsass-Lothringen and a line of forts near the Belgian border "Yes, General. I can see that." He looked at the map before sighing "Generals, Rarely will I say this so listen. I don't think our machines are ready for this. There have been rumors of French projects involving giant elephants and killer wasps. Unless we get a new unit that can defect these, I don't think we'll do successfully in France." "Kaiser, The element of surprise may overcome our lack of machines in Elsass, If we could do that. Paris will be ours" "I don't think so, Fritz. The French are a courageous people and will fight to the death for their Motherland. Not to mention are allies aren't cut for a long lasting war. Austria? Sure they may have nice toys but they will get mauled by Russia and the Ottomans. They have a nice standing but are surrounded by the British and Russians" Kaiser Wilhelm looked at his Generals "Have faith. That is all we need for we have God on our side, Now. Leave me" He watched his generals slowly leave before looking over the map again "Damn Frenchies"
Last edited by Lingria on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Danish Confederacy - Waifu of the South, The United Eastern States of Europe- Waifu Islander, Mirakai -Waifu of kinks, New Babylonia - da kewtiest waifu, & Derpopoliss - mai best bud. are my Waifu's, & I love them

I support Ted Cruz
TRUSTED

Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:18 am

The Winter Palace, Sankt-Peterburg, Capital of the Russian Empire
Czar Vasily V was sitting with his Council of Ministers, going over the business of the day. The czar's reports from Germany were somewhat troubling, with signs that something was going to happen. The Kaiser may be his cousin by blood, but Czar Vasily never trusted Cousin Willie, nor did he ever view him as anything but an unreasonable man, a man never to be trusted. Besides, he was a die-hard Clanker. Why would he be trustworthy in the first place? Turning to his Minister of Science, a shrewd bald man by the name of Aleksei Pavlov, he asked, "Minister, how are the developments of our bears, birds, oh, and those mammothines?" The czar was right to be excited. Yes, giant bears had their strength and they were feared by all. But he had always been a fan of elephants and their kind. No, not the Fabricated ones, the normal elephants. He had opened up a zoo in Sankt-Peterburg full of normal creatures, free to the public, with an exhibit full of the giant beasts from Africa and Asia. But another reason to be excited was that with new creatures in his army, he would be able to reinforce his soldiers. Yes, Russia's army was vast, the largest continental army in Europe. But despite the reforms and the production of arms and bullets, at the time, he could possibly only arm 8.5 million of his soldiers...out of 13 million. The giant bears had always been a great source of wartime assistance, but he needed more punch in the army.

The Minister responded. "Your Majesty, we are producing ursines, eagles, and yes, even mammothines on schedule. The army should be properly reinforced according to the Minister of War's plan, by the end of the year, on schedule. As you remember, I have also taken the liberty of having our labs fabricate new additions to Your Majesty's Navy. Unfortunately, we were not successful in producing a successful Behemoth. But, we now have two Krakens, one in the Baltic Sea to accompany the Baltic Fleet, and another in the Black Sea." The Foreign Minister, Prince Nicholas Romanov, the Czar's younger brother, spoke up. "I will try to purchase some kappas from the Japanese. Lord knows we need all of the firepower we can get." Vasily nodded. Turning to his Interior Minister, Pyotr Stolypin, he asked about the mood in the country. "Your Majesty, the people are content. Thanks to many of your reforms, the unemployment rate has dropped, Russians are actually content with their salaries and their freedoms. Which, by the way, you must celebrate the tenth anniversary of the new Constitution in the upcoming February."

Yes, it seemed that the Russian Empire might finally secure its place in Europe, for good.
Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:00 pm

Italian Red Guard
Rome, Italy, Outside a Arms Factory.
A group of around 150 to 180 people is formed around a Arms Factory protesting and yelling. They refuse to work as they feel there jobs may be taken away if Darwinism keeps Advancing at its current rate. They are yelling things like Down with Eugenetics!, Rise Proletariat! and Those things are a crime against God! they refuse to work until Italy becomes Clanker where they can have more Jobs or until they take control of Italy making it a Communist Clanker state and every Beast is put to death. The Red Guard has been organizing these since the Rebellions upbringing. Now they plan on overthrowing Italy ultimately fed up with its Politics. Enough has been enough and its time for the Proletariat to Rise against the rulers.
The one and only Senior Constable Geert and local Vladimir Putin at the 389th OPC Chat thread.

One of P2TM's only Kansans!
Proud Putinist

"From space there are no Borders just geographical landmarks" - Le me.
Hall of Failed RP's!
SOLAR a Space character RP
Men of Steel a WW2 Tank Crew RP
Skys of Thunder:Korea a Aircraft Character RP
Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night Character RP DOA

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Hearing of the protest in Italy, the revolutionaries in Russia begin to use it as ammunition to gather more support. They begin to act more organized, buying out multiple presses to spread the word, the proletariat would not be taken down.

Figures begin to arise, coming across the poorest areas and spreading the revolutionary zeal, discussing how Darwinism was wrong, eugenics evil. Soon papers were printed claiming how eugenics set a gap between the rich and poor, only the best having access.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Kingdom of Italy

Rome, Italy

Italy was in turmoil. While the kingdom had made significant progress in the past several decades in terms of industrial development and the improvement of quality of life, Italy was suffering from revolts, riots, and terrorist attacks that were being committed by the Italian Red Guard, a group of communists that wanted to turn Italy into a communist nation. The roots of this chaos began when Italy sided with the Darwinists. The communists feared that if production of clankers ceased, they might lose their jobs, and others considered eugenics to be unnatural and against the will of God. The Red Guard had over 150,000 members, and the movement continued to grow rapidly. Communists had even managed to gain seats in the Italian Parliament, much to the disapproval of King Victor Emmanuel III and Prime Minister Antonio Salandra.

In order to restore order to Italy, soldiers of the Regio Esercito (Royal Italian Army) had been deployed in major cities across Italy. In cities that saw a large amount of violence, martial law had been declared; curfews were put in place, along with the suspension of habeas corpus and suspension of other civil rights. One of these cities was Rome, the capital of Italy, which had seen constant riots and attempts to kill members of the government. All government buildings in Rome, including the Quirinal Palace (where the king resided) had been barricaded and were guarded heavily by Italian soldiers.

As yet another protest broke out near an arms factory in Rome, a company of 100 soldiers blocked off the entrance to the factory, in order to prevent the protestors from entering the factory. The soldiers aimed their Carcano bolt-action rifles at the crowd in order to intimidate them into not approaching the factory any further. Meanwhile, an Italian captain ordered the protestors to go home, or they would all be arrested.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Italian Red Guard
Rome, Italy, Outside the same Arms Factory.

With the Italian Royal Troops blocking them from the Factory the crowd began to become even more Angry starting to Swear and Curse at them calling them Dirty Eugenic pigs! and Job Destroyers! soon the crowd began throwing things at them mostly trying to miss to try and scare them off but to no avail as they were trained to be effective at Crowd control. The crowd started to edge closer towards the Guards almost up to there faces and able to touch the Bayonets on there guns, they could almost see into the Factory.

Until one person started to to run through the crowd eventually getting to the front and charging at one of the troopers in the middle of the line. He began to try and disarm the Trooper to gain his weapon.
The one and only Senior Constable Geert and local Vladimir Putin at the 389th OPC Chat thread.

Proud Putinist

Hall of Failed RP's!

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Royal Palace, Madrid
Live National Broadcast from the Palace
"My people,
A new age dawns our Great Kingdom...
these words were spoken in every household, in every city, in every corner of the Spanish Empire spanning from Taiwan to Rio Muni to Cuba. This simple sentence filled the Spaniard with unwavering amounts of pride, a resurgence of nationalism that hadn't been felt since the Spanish-American War.
"an age of technological innovation. The Beginning of Spain's Golden Age begins now today! Our bright minds have unlocked the technology of tomorrow, we are truly blessed to live in an age of advancement. Our factories produce for the needs of the people, our universities cultivate the minds of our young to continue Spain's glory. It is true that hardships plague our nation but it is not match for the Spaniards unrelenting dedication. We truly are the marvel nation; a nation full of culture and rich in history. It is only right that we take our places as the Alpha race, our proud military is ready to respond to anything whether it be the heathen UnGodly nations that surround us or the American Imperialists eying drooling over our brothers in Cuba. Our only Friends in this treacherous world are nearly a thousand a miles away from us, the Clanker nations of Germany, Austria-Hungary and our brethren in the Ottoman Empire are our only real friends. Spain surrounded by enemies, so far from friends.

Mi gente, our time is now to remain united in the Fatherland. The powers of Europe are so divided that Spain cannot stay on the sidelines should war breakout, our stance is cemented. We will not allow Satan's influence under the guise of Darwinism to rule our souls here on this Earth! No! This war will be a war between God and the Devil, not just Clanker vs Darwinism, Communism vs Democracy. We will prevail as we are the children of God! That is why I'm calling for 750,000 men to enlist in the Ejercito Royal to serve and fight for your Lord and Savior our God. It is our duties as Catholics to protect our faith and country, I am certain that should the Darwinists topple all others as the dominant belief Satan will bring down the Spanish people, he the Prince of Darkness comes as many veneers, French, American, British, Japanese. He looks only for the Suffering and miser of the Spaniard.

That is why I call onto you know to prepare yourself for the War of Judgement, Spain will endure! Viva España, por El Rey y Pais!

With that King Rodriguez ended his very patriotic broadcast; he couldn't help but grin afterwards. His Ministers were there to greet and congratulate him. Rodriguez shook a few hands, smiled and waved and decided to take a ride with his Cabinet. They went to the Newly purchased Ford in the Palace Garage; once in they strolled out of the automobile congested city and into the countryside near Madrid. The beautiful green hills was complimented by the sprawling trees that lined the neatly paved road. Some wineries were hard at work and harvesters worked with their massive tractors to collect grapes. The sky was clear for the most part but it was evident that smoke from all the nearby factories was taking its toll. The Car briskly glided over the road, both Rodriguez and his Prime Minister inhaled the view. But the Prime Minister broke the peace,

Your majesty that was an excellent speech, very passionate and will definitely sway the masses in your favor. There are however a few issues that require your attention. Parliament is divided in passing certain acts so these bills have been passed to you as the official "tiebreaker" for the bills. I personally am beginning to think that the Parliament is becoming less and less efficient . I propose perhaps a temporary suspension of the Parliament might actually get things done a bit.

Rodriguez was a bit shocked at the proposal but couldn't help but feel that the parliament was more of a nuisance than help to his reign. He felt that those idiots might try to stop the draft he wanted to impose; he sighed and began to think of all the possible routes this small harmless decree could do. He was over thinking a simple decision, then again he always over thought everything and at times even double thought some of his previous decisions. What he really wanted was time spent with his family. Rodriguez rubbed his forehead and gave his opinion on the proposal by his Prime Minister.
(sigh) We can't suspend the Parliament even if it was only for a day. The Darwin Anarchists would have a field day, maybe appeal to Communist ideals of the Burgeiouse stepping on their necks and that the factory workers were only slaves to the elite. Those damned French ever since their support of the Catalonians secession they have become more and more bold over the past few decades. Contraband Darwinist experiments have skyrocketed, (scoff) in a raid in Barcelona Stare Police found over 15 genetically modified Boars equipped with War material no doubt sent by the French. Well I'm not certain how this war will breakout but I'm certain its close down the road. It's just... I'm not entirely sure our people are ready for the challenge. I'm sure the Americans will capitalize on the situation and attempt to take Cuba and Puerto Rico my most prized possessions, the French will seize Rio Muni, and the Japanese will certainly wanna grab Taiwan back from us after the Pacific War.

The Prime Minister intently looked at Rodriguez a young man of 28, Rodriguez had took a liking to him. He was the first Prime Minister in all of history to be as young as he was, it was unorthodox for the time. But, Rodriguez liked controversial ideas. The Prime Minister absorbed the Kings words, he was contemplating a clever response but couldn't find the words. He understood the Kings worries. This war will test Spain's mettle.

Well your majesty, when the time comes I'm sure Spain will be up for the challenge.

Although simple words they were very reassuring to King Rodriguez.

Main Street,in front of the University of Industrial Research,Madrid
Many people were walking up and down the busiest street in Madrid; many University students rushed up the stairs to try to make it their classes. Honks from cars and bells from street cars created intense noise pollution. Right across the street was the Spanish National Bank and next to it the Spanish Stock exchange and Headquarters of the Spanish State Petroleum company. Traffic was slow moving and it didnt help that people were taking chances and passing through every crevice they could find between cars. A commercial truck maneuvered its way through the onslaught of cars and found itself parked in front of the University. The man in the drivers seat looked at his watch and then at the sidewalk seeing the crowds of people rushing by. Sweat dripped down his face. He looked at his watch again, 10:39 am. He decided it was time. He looked in the back of his truck set the dynamite alight and waited. 30 seconds later BAM! The entities car ignited exploding and sending cars along with people flying in all directions. Shrieks followed the explosion and the band of sirens from the Fire Department, Police, and Ambulances rushed to the scene. Those who were agony tried to crawl to a safe corner, others were incapacitated and were teetering on the brink of death.
This was the aftermath of the Darwin Anarchists attack on the University of Industrial Research, the buildings front had caught a minor fire. People were outraged and journalists immediately descended on the scene.
Havana Harbor, Cuba
... This war will be a war between God and the Devil... the speech changed signal and static rang out from the radio. This noise was very cumbersome as the soldiers faces cringed at the unGodly sound coming from the small wooden box. Suddenly an official voice came from the radio,We interrupt this broadcast to bring shocking news from Main Street Madrid. A car bomb has exploded in front of the University for Industrial Research, we are live on the scene as you can the Firetrucks and Ambulances in the background. There have been 75 reported dead and 110 injured that number is still climbing as bodies are still being pulled from the wreckage. This was a suspected Darwin Anarchist attack we'll keep you posted. , the radio transferred back to the original speec said earlier by the King.

The soldiers faces were full of fury; speculation began amongst the ranks.
Its those French Bastards, their the ones who supplied the weaponry
No it was the Americans, those flip flopping whores they are the true terrorists
It can't be them we have to go to the root of all evil, the English they are the fools who started it all.

Pvt. Castaño gripped his Spanish Mauser,
One things for sure we're going to war. He said grimly.

The young souls were full of hatred, pure contempt for the Darwinist ideology and those who conform and succumb to it. Bickering continued amongst the ranks of where the cause of the attack might've came from, who supplied them and sponsored the attack. It was certain that Madrid had been infiltrated and the fingers would most likely be pointed at Catalonia and France. Every soldier was ready to stain his bayonet with the blood of a Frenchman. Castaño didn't par take much in their useless discussion but began wondering what will happen next, the mighty Spanish Eagle had been awoken. The only question was who is it going to prey on? Admiral Mariscos clamped for the attention of his men.
Attention sailors and marines,
It has been the joint decision of this Admiralty and Ministry of War to mobilize the full might of the Caribbean fleet and Spanish army in Cuba. The Cuban Colonial militia will be strictly left our of this conflict and we are only mobilizing the 450,000 Spanish Soldiers here on this island. The homeland has begun a conscription of 750,000 troops to possibly engage France our job is to defend our territories from the Americans. We as of now have adopted a first strike policy that Spain is too attack first rather than await official news of war. All sailors must embark on the Dreadnoughts immediately!

The bell rang and a fluster of soldiers and sailors ran about the harbor. Castaño was ordered back to the barracks to partake in a patrol to Santiago. The Dreadnoughts in the harbor began to puff up and soon black smoke was emitted. They chugged in a neat line towards Florida the exact mission was unknown all he knew was that war was coming.
Last edited by Bolovia on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Jeremy Beaver wrote:Italian Red Guard
(Image)

With the Italian Royal Troops blocking them from the Factory the crowd began to become even more Angry starting to Swear and Curse at them calling them Dirty Eugenic pigs! and Job Destroyers! soon the crowd began throwing things at them mostly trying to miss to try and scare them off but to no avail as they were trained to be effective at Crowd control. The crowd started to edge closer towards the Guards almost up to there faces and able to touch the Bayonets on there guns, they could almost see into the Factory.

Until one person started to to run through the crowd eventually getting to the front and charging at one of the troopers in the middle of the line. He began to try and disarm the Trooper to gain his weapon.

As the protest began to grow in intensity, the soldiers held their ground, although many of them were nervous. They were hoping that the crowd would not try to overpower them. As the crowd began to throw things at the guards, the guards would begin to strike people with the stock of their rifle so that they would stay back. The captain once again ordered the crowd to stand down, but they did not listen.

Then, a man tried to disarm one of the soldiers by taking his weapon. The soldier wrestled with the man, and some other soldiers dog-piled on the man in order to stop him. As the scuffle continue, the soldier accidentally pressed the trigger of his rifle, causing his rifle to fire. This caused the other soldiers to panic, and they immediately began to open fire on the crowd, with some of them reloading and firing a second time.

"CEASE FIRE, CEASE FIRE!" the captain shouted as he attempted to gain control of the situation.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:02 am

London, England, UFB
The British people, natives to the British Island (England, Wales and Scotland), prepares for the coming of a great war as the UFB mobilizes it's military, the Britannian Defence Force (BDF). The Britannian Parliament had a meeting discussing about the Clanker aggression towards the Darwinist side.

Hong Kong
The BDF patrolled the streets of Hong Kong. Opium was forbidden after a non-drug law, the Anti-Drug Bill, was passed in 1896. Trades floorished the city, but crime is high there. The biggest crime so far has been murder, due to over 20 cases of murder in the city since 1910.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Pinebarrensyia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pinebarrensyia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Edinburgh, Scotland, UFB

Sunlight pierced the large window of the penthouse of what the locals called the Ebony Hotel. It really was a hotel, used primarily by wealthy visitors, at least on the outside. In actuality, it was a front for the Tristinian Society.

In penthouse, Robert Baker sat is his chair finishing up a book he was reading. Baker read in his free time (which wasn’t often as he is busy man), and he was expecting a couple of deliveries today. Baker put the finished book down on the nearby table and stood up. He walked over to the wine cabinet on the other side of room. He selected a French wine and poured himself a glass. With his glass full, he returned to his seat.

Within a few minutes of sitting down, Baker heard a tapping noise at one of the windows. He stood up and walked to the window. Outside there was a carrier pigeon with a small piece of paper tied to one of the bird’s legs. Carrier pigeons were a common method of communicating amongst the Tristinians. In the UFB, Fabrications (or Abominations, as the Tristinian’s called them) and normal animals were commonly used in the nation, so carrier pigeons (normal animals) were not looked upon with suspicion. Anyways, Baker opened the window and the bird came in. Baker untied the note and let the bird out. “ Go back to your owner,” Baker said to the bird as it flew back to its roost; another Tristinian safe house in Edinburgh.

Baker read the note and smiled.

Stage One of Operation ININ will soon be implemented. We have found several suitable individuals on the subcontinent that will be able to carry out our plans. The South African Branch has also been watching an individual that we may be able use to further our plans. Down with the Abominations!

Everything was going according to plan. The Indian Branch (which led all operations in Asia, not just India) was doing well with its goals. They were busier than the European Branch, but that was to be expected. India was very important and a lot of work was put into Tristinian efforts in the subcontinent. But Baker did not know all of the Tristinians doings in India; his domain was Europe and he was the Headmaster of the European Branch.

Now Europe was very important to the Tristinians. It wasn’t because they were founded in the UFB, but because it would be here that the Abominations and their creators would make their final stand. War was inevitable. The Clankers were gearing for war against the ungodly Darwinists. Baker hoped the Clankers would win the coming war. The Tristinians would do everything in their power to ensure a Clanker victory by disrupting British supplies,namely crippling their Fabrications. To do this, it required a series of packages that Baker was expecting fairly soon.

The knock at the door interrupted Baker’s thoughts.
“Come in,” he shouted.

The door opened and three men walked in, two of which were carrying a large crate.

“Ah, Mr.Wellington, I see that our packages have made it safely across the Atlantic,” Baker said, shaking Wellington’s hand.

“Indeed. This a fresh batch from the North American Branch, developed right in Philadelphia. This is one of several crates that made it into the UFB,” Wellington replied.

“Excellent. Now let me see them,” Baker stated.

Wellington nodded and told the two other men to open the crate. One of them had a crowbar, and began to open up the crate. The lid came off and Baker carefully took out one of the several packages stacked in the crate. He carefully unwrapped the object from its wrappings and held in his hands a couple petri dishes. Baker was barely able to see the tiny dots that were inside the petri dish.

“Wyrm eggs. Our scientists in Philly are brilliant. These arrived last night,” Wellington said.

Baker simply stared at the tiny eggs.

“Good,” Baker said, not taking his eyes off the eggs.

He re-wrapped the petri dishes and placed the package back in the crate. The two other men put the lid back on and secured the crate.

“I trust that these Wyrm eggs will make it to their destinations,” Baker said.

“Of course. Everything is ready for the first stage of CLIP,” Wellington said.

“Good, take them to the distribution stations,” Baker stated.

Wellington simply nodded, and with a wave of his hand, he and his companions left the room. Once again, Baker was alone. But that was good. Baker worked better alone. And Baker had a lot of work to do if he wanted to try to disrupt the war effort of a country.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:24 pm

Dublin, Ireland, UFB
An Irish mob, mostly including members from the Irish Republican Brotherhood (IRB), sparks an independence rally in Dublin, where the Britannian military calls in riot police and military officers to quell the rally. The casualties were 20 deaths and 40 injuries.

Calcutta, India, Britannian Raj
Indians worked well in farms for their Britannian masters. Indians are also recruited to the Raj Guard, a paramilitary guard within the paramilitary division of the Britannian military.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:03 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Jeremy Beaver wrote:Italian Red Guard
(Image)

As the protest began to grow in intensity, the soldiers held their ground, although many of them were nervous. They were hoping that the crowd would not try to overpower them. As the crowd began to throw things at the guards, the guards would begin to strike people with the stock of their rifle so that they would stay back. The captain once again ordered the crowd to stand down, but they did not listen.

Then, a man tried to disarm one of the soldiers by taking his weapon. The soldier wrestled with the man, and some other soldiers dog-piled on the man in order to stop him. As the scuffle continue, the soldier accidentally pressed the trigger of his rifle, causing his rifle to fire. This caused the other soldiers to panic, and they immediately began to open fire on the crowd, with some of them reloading and firing a second time.

"CEASE FIRE, CEASE FIRE!" the captain shouted as he attempted to gain control of the situation.

Workers began to fall on the ground, there faces with agony. The man that tried to gain a hold on the mans rifle now lay on the ground as well Bleeding from his Gut crying out to the crowd around him. Some of the Protesters began to run away as the second and third shots were fired terrified that the next shot be aimed at them. the rest of the crowd began pushing into the troopers attacking them with what ever was there. Rocks, Sticks, Even the troops own rifles. some of the crowds people struggled to run into the factory beginning to destroy machinery and try to set the building on fire with whatever was in the place.

This was no longer a Protest it was a full blown riot, As the news spread across the city people began to try and go to the Riot hoping to see it or even join it because they sided with the communists or against them. the total amounts of Deaths number in the 10's. The person that tried to Disarm a trooper was identified as Giordano Emanuele a known Communist that used to have a Seat in Office. And was known for frequently speaking against the Government and being Violent.

Proud Putinist

Hall of Failed RP's!

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Chapter I: A Rising Sun

A picture of Emperor Yoshihito, more commonly known as Emperor Taisho, or sometimes even called the Tokyo Emperor

Tokyo
Japanese Empire

Prime Minister Garu Homma stared out of the carriage, where he got a good view of the streets of Tokyo. It was a grand, large carriage, being pulled by several horses. Flanking the carriage were around several guards, all of them on horseback. Several feet ahead of him and behind him were even more guards; the safety of the Prime Minister was of their utmost concern. As he stared at the bustling streets of Tokyo, he could make out the different cultures that had come to influence Japan, whether people were aware of it or not. Being a mix of both Darwinist and Clanker, he noticed things that were both Darwinist and Clanker in Tokyo. Carrier pigeons and hawks ferried messages back and forth, in and out of Tokyo. One pigeon flew towards the carriage, and then gracefully landed on what was called a perch - a block of wood that jutted out of the window sill. The pigeon began to lightly peck on the window, and the Prime Minister opened it. The pigeon's beak held a folded piece of paper, which it dropped on Homma's outstretched hand. Homma then brought what resembled a bowl of water, and the pigeon dipped its beak in it - a small reward for its journey.

Homma had always regarded these creatures, or fabrications, as some called it, as fascinating and interesting. To think that they could be genetically engineered to fit humans needs had always interested him ever since he was a child. He had also been one of the primary ones responsible for the pushing of pro-Darwinist legislature within Japan's bicameral legislature, the Imperial Diet. This only pushed Japan closer to the Darwinists, and further away from the Clankers. The fact that China and Spain - both Clanker nations that were in or possessed colonies in Asia - were rivals of Japan meant that relations with the Clankers were already extremely tense. The pigeon flew away out of the open window as Homma closed it along with the silk curtains. Unfolding the message, he immediately recognized it to be a telegram.

His eyes widened as he read the content of the telegram - it was news that had been sent by a strong supporter of his, a wealthy British aristocrat who was fluent in both Japanese and English, and over time had become an influential person in Tokyo. Apparently the Darwin Anarchists had struck in Madrid; tensions were rapidly rising, and Spain was beginning to mobilize forces. He had no doubt that the Clanker powers would fall in line behind Clanker Spain, launching wild accusations and allegations at the Darwinists, who probably had nothing to do with the incident. He would have to closely monitor the situation; given time, it was likely that this could mean all-out war between the Darwinists and Clankers. Tensions between the two sides had always been high. Given Japan's alliance with Britain as well as Japan's Darwinist-leaning stance on world affairs, Japan would most likely join on the side of the Darwinists. Homma pondered on this for a bit, but shook his head. He couldn't really think on an empty stomach. Besides, his final destination was near; he would finally be able to discuss recent world events with the man who had sent the pigeon and the telegram.

Center of the Japanese Institute for the Development and Research of Fabrications (JIDRF)
Tokyo
Japanese Empire

The large building housed some of Japan's most brilliant scientists, all of them ardent supporters of Darwin's discoveries and the Darwinists. With Darwin, he had introduced a whole new field of science. Every day, experiments and tests were run in the JIDRF Center in Tokyo - and discoveries were made every month. The failure rate was high, but whenever there were successes they were published in newspapers across Japan, and even more rarely, the entire world. A combination of Japan's brightest minds also lead to conflict - a pro-Clanker or Clanker-leaning minority of scientists could refuse to work with Fabrications and Fabricated creatures. Fortunately, these issues would be resolved quickly, either by the Director of the Institute or the Assistant Director. While Clanker supporters were not discriminated against, they were not exactly well liked by the Japanese people, who held a belief that both Clanker and Darwinist could co-exist peacefully.

"I've done it! I've done it!" The cries of ecstasy echoed down the long hallways of the building. Confused scientists walked out, as a man rushed out of a room. In his hand was, at closer inspection, was what seemed to be an octopus, roughly the size of his palm. While it did not look like much, the man turned it over, revealing a strange metal-looking gadget attached to it. It seemed like some sort of drill. If used properly, it could be a huge menace to Clanker ships - its main purpose would be to attach itself to the bottom of ships, and use the drills to their advantage. It would try to pierce the bottom of the ship, and create openings and holes where water could flood in. Over time, even without the drills, the octopus-creatures could also damage the bottom of ships, like barnacles. This new discovery could potentially lead to special "minefields." They would be under the water, waiting for an enemy ship to drift by. When one did, they would attach themselves to the ships before beginning to drill; while they were small, and not particularly powerful, they were efficient and could cause some damage if left there.

It would soon be introduced for use in the Imperial Japanese Navy, but whether they would utilize the new Fabrication to its fullest potential was entirely up to its leadership.
Last edited by Soviet Chernarus on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinebarrensyia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pinebarrensyia » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Dame Street, Dublin, Ireland, UFB- Not long after the Riot

Brian O’Connell walked down the streets with five other men. Not too far away from them, the IRB had lead a revolt against the UFB. Undoubtedly, it was bloody mess and many had died, but that wasn’t a concern for O’Connel. No, his mission was elsewhere, as were his loyalties.He was a Tristinian and, one of several who were in Dublin. He had recruited five IRB members for protection while he completed his task.

All six of them wore large overcoats, large enough to conceal the item they were carrying. The five IRB members were carrying Colt Pocket Hammerless’s, nice semi-automatic pistols that would serve their users goals nicely. O'Connell, on the other hand, was armed with something….unconventional. It was roughly the size of a beach ball, grey or silver in color round in shape. It was strapped to a harness that went across O’Connell’s waist, giving him the appearance of an obese man. It weighed exactly 16.3 lbs and had a few wires sticking out of it. Most importantly, the device could blow a 400 square foot area to smithereens. The Smite Bomb, as it was called, was a Tristanian IED designed to cause serious damage in an enclosed space, such as an entire apartment in a building. Or the main entrance of Dublin Castle, which O'Connell and his band were approaching.

Dublin Castle is the seat of British, previously English, rule in Ireland since 1171. It is from this building that the UFB controls Ireland and suppresses Irish rebellion. The Crown Jewels of Ireland were also stolen in 1907 from this building as well. It was a symbol of the British, and that symbol needed to be dealt with. Retaliation for the massacre that just happened only a few blocks away. Or at least that’s what the Tristinians wanted the Irish and British to think.

O’Connell and his men approached the building. There were of course guards stationed outside.

“Excuse me sir, my companions and I have a meeting here today,” O’Connell said to one of the guards in a wheezy voice so that he appeared out-of-shape.

The guard looked confused. Meetings were cancelled today because of the riot. The guard was about to call the other guards over when one of O’Connell’s men pulled his Hammerless out and shot the guard right in the face. The other’s drew their weapons and began firing at the remaining guards and provided cover fire for O’Connell to run into the building. Inside Dublin Castle’s lobby, government workers were going about their daily business when they noticed a very obese man run inside. Guards in the building were running towards him. It only took about 10 seconds upon arming the bomb for it to detonate. O’Connell was killed instantly from the explosion, followed by several nearby people. Many more were injured. The main entrance was completely destroyed, and most of the lobby was damaged. Outside, two of of the five men who had not been killed in the firefight with the guards had pulled the trigger on themselves, taking any information on the bombing with them to the graves.

Of course, there was nothing to link the bombing to the Tristinians. It was radicals from the IRB who were angry at the massacre. Or at least that’s what evidence from the bomb site would tell. Nothing to do with the Tristinians. That’s the way the Tristinians liked it.

Elsewhere in Dublin

Samuel Cullin was a photographer who rented a room in an apartment complex that overlooked the sight of the riot and subsequent massacre. He had watched from above the event take place. Like any good photographer, he had his equipment at hand and snapped several photos of the event. He had twelve shots; five during the actually massacre and seven from the immediate aftermath. The shots were quite gory and horrific. One shot showed the riot police brutally killing the rioters. Many showed dead bodies scattered across the street. Regardless of what they showed, they would be excellent propaganda pieces. Show the world how cruel the UFB was and give yet another reason for a full out Irish Rebellion. Fuel for the fire. That’s why the Tristinians hired Cullin. Tomorrow, Cullin would take his photos to a Tristinian safe house in the outskirts of the city where the photos would be published in an Irish newspaper. They would also be sent to several foreign newspapers as well. Good for Irish Nationalism. Good for the Tristinians. Bad for the UFB. Fuel for the fire.
Last edited by Pinebarrensyia on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Jeremy Beaver wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:As the protest began to grow in intensity, the soldiers held their ground, although many of them were nervous. They were hoping that the crowd would not try to overpower them. As the crowd began to throw things at the guards, the guards would begin to strike people with the stock of their rifle so that they would stay back. The captain once again ordered the crowd to stand down, but they did not listen.

Workers began to fall on the ground, there faces with agony. The man that tried to gain a hold on the mans rifle now lay on the ground as well Bleeding from his Gut crying out to the crowd around him. Some of the Protesters began to run away as the second and third shots were fired terrified that the next shot be aimed at them. the rest of the crowd began pushing into the troopers attacking them with what ever was there. Rocks, Sticks, Even the troops own rifles. some of the crowds people struggled to run into the factory beginning to destroy machinery and try to set the building on fire with whatever was in the place.

This was no longer a Protest it was a full blown riot, As the news spread across the city people began to try and go to the Riot hoping to see it or even join it because they sided with the communists or against them. the total amounts of Deaths number in the 10's. The person that tried to Disarm a trooper was identified as Giordano Emanuele a known Communist that used to have a Seat in Office. And was known for frequently speaking against the Government and being Violent.

As the crowd tried to push into the soldiers, the soldiers stabbed some of the people with their bayonets, but the crowd was resilient. The soldiers were forced out of the way as the crowd began to enter the factory. Workers that were in the factory ran for the exits in the back as the crowd began to destroy machinery and set the building on fire.

Meanwhile, more soldiers arrived at the scene with orders to quell the riot using all means necessary. The soldiers began to open fire on the crowds with their rifles. Additionally, a car with a machine gun attached to the back of it arrived on the scene. A soldier controlling the machine gun began to open fire on the crowd, ruthlessly cutting down numerous civilians.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:49 am

Georgetown, Britannian Guyana
Georgetown floorished in trades and sports. The Britannian Guyana won't face any hostile invasion or separatist protest, as the Guyanans relied their future on the UFB.

Edinburgh, Scotland, UFB
In Edinburgh, Scotland, the BDF were working on airships run by clusterpounds of gigantic birds called the Ironbirds. These will make the birds lift the airships into the skies. The Ironbirds are usually battleships lifted by thousands of birds.

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:34 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Jeremy Beaver wrote:

As the crowd tried to push into the soldiers, the soldiers stabbed some of the people with their bayonets, but the crowd was resilient. The soldiers were forced out of the way as the crowd began to enter the factory. Workers that were in the factory ran for the exits in the back as the crowd began to destroy machinery and set the building on fire.

Meanwhile, more soldiers arrived at the scene with orders to quell the riot using all means necessary. The soldiers began to open fire on the crowds with their rifles. Additionally, a car with a machine gun attached to the back of it arrived on the scene. A soldier controlling the machine gun began to open fire on the crowd, ruthlessly cutting down numerous civilians.

The Death toll quickly climbed to the 50's and slowly into the hundreds. Those that made it into the factory and got weapons from the troops outside some how now are held up in there in the smoke from the fires trying to shoot at the Car. The large crowd now began to run away, Some limping and crawling away and getting trampled by the crowd some falling on top of each other as the Rifles and the Machine Gun began firing into the crowd. It no longer mattered if you were Communist or not the only thing to do now is run. Some tried to take cover afraid to even move and tried to dodge the occasional ricocheting bullet. The people that survived being trampled or there own wounds are on the Ground bleeding or on top of other people now dead or dieing themselves.

The people in the now Burning factory have taken control some of them trying to kill the troopers that were out side of the factory. They began firing back on the Italian troops outside. Some of them being shot and killed and then another person picking up there gun and taking there place. The people that couldn't take the Heat ran away outside. The word now spreading across the city some of the Communist thought Now is the time for the Proletariat uprising! and began to Riot and Protest to.

The Italian Red Guard themselves began to take advantage of this. Using what ever resources they owned they began creating Propaganda. Making the Government look like Murderers and Fools. They also began to organize a Plan to Raid an Armory to Gain weapons. The less radical members of the groups looked down on this some leaving or still in but refusing to participate in matters such as this. During all this a Leader came to power, Goffredo Oddo one of the Most radical people of this Group. He wanted to see the Government burn and after this wanted to see all members of it Dead.

Proud Putinist

Hall of Failed RP's!

Lingria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Lingria » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:31 am

Aachen, German Empire

Alarms sounded through out the German Military base, Shoats were made that the German West wing was mobilizing and that everyone grab their gear, Friedrich Hohenzollern wondered if his cousin was crazy "Mobilizing so quickly? Are you trying to start a Great War?" He chuckled at the thought "Um....Sir?" He looked up slightly at the man with bright sandy blonde hair and hazel eyes "Yes, You were here because of your relation with a......Miss Chloé Le Tonnelier.." "Ah...Yes" Friedrich sighed lightly before flipping through his papers "Mr. Bähr, Do you know the consequences for collaborating with the enemy?" He watched the man open his mouth and stare blankly at him "Um....Sir, We aren't at war with the French are we?" Friedrich sighed at him before standing up from his chair and walking over to a map "Mr. Bähr, While you are correct. The French are a horrid people. One might say they are an insult to God, but don't believe such nonsense. They have the boldness to threaten us with their Abteilung Frauen, It's just plain stupid" He shook his head at the thought of killing a French women "Command believes the French may instigate a war in us." "Sir....It was just a fling, I love the woman. Why can't we just be---" "DON'T! Mr. Bähr, While I don't want to, I'm going to write you a pass of recommendation," "What does that mean?" Friedrich gave him a smug look before sitting back in his chair "It means, Tomorrow, You will be sent to Metz and you will be given a free passage pass into France. Mr. Bähr, treat this woman right or I will have to 'decommission' you" He smiled at the man before pulling out an Ink Quill and writing down a recommendation slip "Hand this to your commanding officer in Elsass-Lothringen, Me and him are old drinking buddies. Just say "Hohenzollern says his regards, and Alice is still sweeter then sweet" He smiled before handing him the slip "Thank you, Sir. Really, Thank you!" He nodded before shooing the man off "Agh...Now where was I? Ah right. You see me, I see you. Do you love me? I love you!" Leaning back in his chair he sang happily
Berlin, German Empire

Kaiser Wilhelm II sat in his dining room rather lazyingly "My Kaiser, It seems the Czar of Russia is threatening us." He turned his head slowly to his Chancellor "Who isn't these days?" He said this with a depressed tone "No, I believe the Russians may be a real threat" Wilhelm sighed at him "Vasily was always a slippery one, Not to mention he has a fondness for snakes" "Ah....Yes, I heard about that." "Indeed, I think I may have to visit Vasily in Russia. How long has it been since I last saw him? 5 years?" "Um....15 years more like" "God, That's a long time" He sighed before finishing his cereal "Do you want me to inform your sister Viktoria that your going. No doubt Vasily would enjoy this" "Yes, Please go inform her now, She's in her room." He smiled as he got up and headed to the door he motioned to, He watched him opened the door and a glass vase get throw at him immediately followed by "GET OUT! CAN'T YOU KNOCK?!" He immediately started laughing as his Chancellor returned "Should've knocked." He said rather dumbly while rubbing his head "Ja, You should've knocked."
Last edited by Lingria on Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

I support Ted Cruz
TRUSTED

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:47 am

Versailles Palace

The grounds of Versailles were, as always, immaculate. Master gardeners and teams of servants inspected the grounds every day to ensure everything was up to the requirements of such a magnificent palace. The gardens were always moderately populated, other then work teams, with people of importance and influence, foreign delegates that were invited to spend their time in France in Versailles, an exceptional honor. And on certain days the gardens were open to the public with the palace providing refreshments, or even a full-range lunch, if the chefs were feeling nice enough, which the palatial steward always made sure they were, at the request of Empress Sofie Bonaparte. These actions certainly helped her public image, and she was well liked by the majority of her citizens. On this day the gardens were closed as there was a large collection of important peoples on the grounds. Workers and servants were quick to give the organized crowd walking through the gardens ample room. At their head was Empress Sofie Bonaparte, and close behind was the rabble of her personal cabinet, and surrounding them were the personal guard detachment of the Imperial Guard, their uniforms in perfect order and their weapons resting on their shoulders, bayonets equipped and ready. Hushed whispers and arguing could be heard for any who would dare try and listen in, and those were very few.

Sofie sighed and barely stopped herself from rolling her eyes, a very unladylike thing to do. Her cabinet, as always, was more or less split right down the middle. 'Germany' this, and 'Spain' that. Sofie blocked most of the conversations out, as she was quite used to them, instead turning to look down at her riding outfit and wiping off an imaginary speck of dust from her blue coat. Sofie was a master rider, be it horse or Fabrication, and it was one of her favorite pass-times. Finally as her ministers were about to start a yelling match she spoke.

"Gentlemen!" She almost snapped as she swiftly stopped walking and turned on her heel, mentally grinning as her cabinet fumbled to a halt, some men running into others and causing a wave of grumbles. She put on her best polite smile and continued once things were silent. "I had wished to go the day without hearing about Germans and Spaniards, it is such a lovely day for such words after all." A small round of chuckles went up at that. "But rest assured, if either of those nations, or their Clanker Alliance, wish to act upon their veiled threats they will march into the happily waiting guns of our forces, and those of our allies. The borders are secure, you've all toured the defensive fortifications in place, and I know for a fact that you were all impressed. The only problem we might have is with manpower and troop numbers, but since my policy on allowing women into the military to serve as Fabrication Masters seems to have proven women can handle a military life, and since the public seems to have finally come around to see it in the same merits as I, I will be working to expand the policy. That alone would nearly double our pool of recruits and conscripts. Not to mention the new Fabrications that have began entering service for us." She said with a vicious grin. These new Fabrications she was speaking of were specifically made for war.

She let them mumble for a little bit before she held up a hand. "Now then, if you'll excuse me gentlemen, I am going to go enjoy my riding." She said, again turning on her heel and walking off before they could protest, her Imperial Guards following her, though most stayed behind to escort the cabinet back to the palace. The rest of the way to the Imperial Stables was blissfully quite. Sofie smiled as she walked past the pens of her various mounts, horses and fabrications both. She walked to a pen that was already open, a magnificent beast of a fine black fur coat stood proudly, being tended to and prepared. It was a mix of a Dire Wolf and a horse, though the Dire Wolf part was certainly the most dominant of the large beast. This was one of the new fabrications she had spoken of, and several cavalry units had already been issued their first waves of the fearsome things. Sofie had been gifted one by the Ministry of Fabrication, as was tradition for every fabrication. She expertly mounted the beastie and pet the back of its neck as it slowly made its way from the stable. A nice relaxing ride was just what Sofie needed, and after that she could discuss with her ministers and generals about revisiting the family legacy.

Border station between France and Germany

Junior Foreign Minister Matthias Beauvilliers sighed as he checked his watch for the tenth time in as many minutes. The train had stopped on the border station to be searched by German authorities, just as any train going into France from Germany was searched, but he was a government minister on a diplomatic mission to Berlin, this was pointless! The German inspectors and their guards seemed fascinated by the Fabrication in the gilded cage that Matthias' mission was. A gift to the Kaiser, for whatever reason. The Beasties master, Margrit Schimpff, stood right next to the cage stoic and glaring at the inspectors. Fabrication Masters looked to their beasties almost as children, and these Germans were far too close for her liking, though the beastie seemed thrilled by the attention. Right now it was just a 'puppy' and already larger then most large breed dogs. It would grow rapidly to maturity, in Berlin, as a pet to the Kaiser, though the Master wasn't going anywhere. She had been personally selected because she was technically a German citizen who had traveled to France to study under the Ministry of Fabrication's programs. Obviously she had been trusted with any secrets to the art of fabrication, but she was skilled enough to be a beastie Master, and able to takeover any medical needs of the beastie as well. Beauvilliers frowned as he realized he'd be making the trip home on his own. He shrugged and impatiently demanded they be allowed on their way, as they still had a long journey ahead. Finally after a short conversation between the inspectors and Margrit the train was allowed to continue.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:50 am

Today was a beautiful day in Sarajevo. Archduke Franz Ferdinand waves to the crowds with wis wife, Sophie. The crowds cheer as the Royal couple dive by. Bang! A gun is fired. It misses the Archduke. Against the urgings of his guards, Franz Ferdinand continues the parade. Bang Bang! two more shots. One hits. Killing The Archduke dead in an instant. His wife scrams and the crowds writhe. They find the shooter, but he had taken cyanide before he could be questioned. The Austro-Hungarian Empire was in outrage at the national ‘Who Dunnit?’.
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse