NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Guardians (IC, Always Open!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

The Eternal Guardians (IC, Always Open!)

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:36 pm

So there's these guys that watch the Multiverse. The Monitors. Freakishly powerful beings who keep things running. Their technology second to none. As powerful as they are, the Multiverse is huge and continues to grow with each passing moment. Even they cannot be everywhere at once. To make matters worse, they stretched themselves so thin, some people have actually created the technology to move between universes. This was strictly forbidden and the Monitors tried to stop them. But their numbers were too few and some of their technology was stolen by a group of beings called the Sanction. The Monitors knew that they needed help. They needed people to help them. So they created the Eternal Guardians.

You are a being. Wolf-girl, lizard man, human, Quarian, Na'vi, or SOMETHING sentient worth their weight in salt to Multiversal beings, but not to anyone around you. You got selected because you're really freakin' cool, can handle yourself, or have some useful skills, but at the same time, have nothing to use that potential on. You get a hi-tech suit of power armor that grants you powers based on what you would be able to handle with the least amount of effort and become skilled with in very little time. You go throughout the multiverse and put a stop to all the baddies trying to mess things up. And, of course, get paid, vacations, access to some of the most advanced technology available. It's a pretty sweet gig.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=332689

The Monitor

"Welcome to the Multiplex." He said and looked at the range of colorful recruits. "I believe we have explained why we selected you. You are Guardians. Your mission is to ensure the universes stay apart as they are meant to. The Multiverse is not meant to be traveled. A very select few other than us are allowed to do so, as they have proved time and time again they are harmless. However, many who choose to travel through it are doing it for a number of reasons. Fueling wars, their own ego, or simply because they are insane." He explains and then turns his attention to the group. "However. We are not strictly enforcers. Your are mortal and require rest. After each successful mission, you will be granted rest time. You are free, and even encouraged, to roam the Multiverse. There are rules of course. You are strictly forbidden from involving yourself in any of the strife or politics of the universe you are roaming. You are not allowed to interfere with wars and such. However, if you must defend yourself. You are free to use any force you deem necessary."

"Now. We are going to run what would be called a psychological exam on you. You each will run a simulation. During this simulation, you will gain access to the abilities granted by your armor and find beings or people who, in your own mind, are evil, do not deserve life, or similar. It will test your morality, ability to think while moving, and ability to use lethal force as well as non lethal force. Other things will be tested as well, but that covers the gist of it. Are there any questions you all have before we begin?"

Alex

Alex was a big Sci-Fi fan, but never in his life, had he ever seen anything like this before. Actually he had in a few comic books, but they say fact is stranger than fiction. And he could see several aliens walking beside him, as well as some humans. Well, at least to him they appeared human, but were from other universes. The concept of the Multiverse was nothing new. He was well aware of it in fiction, but being a part of the people who are meant to protect it? His dream of becoming a police officer had come true in a way he almost couldn't begin to comprehend. To top it all off, they were allow to explore to their heart's content. "I do have a quick question. Why are we allowed to explore all of reality? Isn't that kind of dangerous?" He asked.

"You will have a large amount of power, but we believe it is best that you learn for yourselves. You each have different minds. Different tastes and interests. In your explorations, you may come across problems that you might experience in the field. New perspectives on things. New ways to solve problems that cannot simply be beaten by brute force. As well as entertaining yourself of course. Refrain yourself from getting too attached or involved in their politics, but other than that, you are free to explore and do as you please. Within reason. Do not use your power for deeds that would force us to strip you of your rank and send you where you came from. You are meant to uphold laws, not break them. Are there any further questions?"
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Thomas

It seems that the job's description is to be the law of space. He never really believes of extraterrestrial species out there, but now he's a bit of believing that kind of species. But since he has the skills and abilities to use for, it seems the future won't be so bad after all, and with a hefty sum of money, it could be work.

"Yes, I have another question. What we get after the psychological test done and we're accepted? It seems unlikely for us to go out without weaponry and protection equipments that is up-to-date with the standard of the Multiverse, and what do you mean with "Your mission is to ensure the universes stay apart as they are meant to"? Does that mean we have to enforce the law of balancing universe and keep the light and the dark balanced? And do we get paid?"
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:56 pm

Valma Silverhand

Valma looked at the rest of the group. Many wore strange garb and had strange faces, but she probably looked the same. Most seemed to look like the Midgardians of her universe, though she knew not if they were Midgardians from her world or from another alternate universe. The job sounded exciting, it was an opportunity to see rare things, and have new experiences. "I have a question as well. What about situations when the technology and/or magic of our equipment is far beyond that of several Multiverse worlds. Say, one that has not passed into the age of firearms. What would be the correct procedure to follow?" Valma asked.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:02 pm

"Yes, are we allowed to use the powers we already have?" Anthony asked. "And what about my armor, will I be allowed to use that in my test?" Obsidian was the only mineral in his known universe that could withstand the sheer heat of Lava Anthony still couldn't believe that after a year of being off of a team, he was on another team that was responsible for the well being of the entire Multiverse, "yeah, no pressure right?" he thought. He looked around and saw different sentient races. Now, he figured that in a universe so big, there was no way human kind was the only sentient race out there, but he wasn't expecting multiple universes.
☻/
/▌ The slenderman is always watching.
/ \
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClubPenguinajl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTlbpf4Dxo
https://youtu.be/f_GC8wiEuXo
https://youtu.be/mQfcFjzWuX8
Check out my YouTube channel! Some Links are above! ^

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Thomas

It seems that the job's description is to be the law of space. He never really believes of extraterrestrial species out there, but now he's a bit of believing that kind of species. But since he has the skills and abilities to use for, it seems the future won't be so bad after all, and with a hefty sum of money, it could be work.

"Yes, I have another question. What we get after the psychological test done and we're accepted? It seems unlikely for us to go out without weaponry and protection equipments that is up-to-date with the standard of the Multiverse, and what do you mean with "Your mission is to ensure the universes stay apart as they are meant to"? Does that mean we have to enforce the law of balancing universe and keep the light and the dark balanced?"

"We would not dare send you out under equipped. After you finish your psychological exam, we will grant you a set of armor that is entirely unique to you. One you would find perfect for your skills and knowledge. It will allow you to travel throughout time and space with ease. I mean, that there are some universes out there with the technology to move between the barriers of the universes or the walls weaken because the Bleed is in flux. The Bleed is the space between the universes that keeps them apart. They are kept apart for a reason. We have means to detect these incursion points and your job is to go there, ensure the proper residents are returned to their respective universes, and destroy any technology that allowed them to break through as well as informing them that what they are doing is strictly forbidden." The monitor explains.

"Sometimes, they will not be happy about this and will attack you. If this happens, you are free to use any force you deem you have to use. Do not worry about our equipment being out of date. I assure you that there are no universes in the Multiverse with greater technology than us. And. If you show that you are loyal and trustworthy, your armors will upgrade itself and allow you greater abilities." He says and turns to the Asgardian.

"Your armors will appear to the less technologically advanced races as one of them. Illusions if you will. The procedures you use, are up to you. It would be impossible to train you for every scenario you could come across. Which is why we encourage you to explore the multiverse. You each could find an answer to another's problem. Specialized training of this nature would take centuries. And time is not something we have. That is also why there are various races from different universes here. To work together. One of you may have a solution to a problem the others have yet to encounter." He says and turns to Anthony.

"Yes, you will be able to use everything you have at your disposal during your test. Just as you would in the field. The goal of the test is to see what you know and how you act. Are there any further questions?"

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Maxwell Morningstar

The tall, strapping young man stood erect - towering over the other Guardians at just beyond seven-feet. His long, blonde hair was tied back and toward the side as was his normal hairstyle, if you will, while the rest of his clothing suggested nothing other than normalcy. He was just, well, big. Max looked, watched, and listened to the Monitors as they - or rather one of them - spoke to the new recruits. He seemed to understand the jist of what they wanted the entire troop to do, so reserved his questions for another time and place. It was a test, plain and simple, they even said it was. Nothing much to worry about. no?

Max stepped out of line and placed his hand up - calling some attention to himself. "No questions from me, but I think we should get some introductions out of the way first." He gave a slight grin, a genuine smile, "That way we know who we're working for," He said, eyeing the Monitor, and then looked towards the other recruits, "And who we are working with." He raised his hand up one more time, volunteering himself. "I'll go first, if that's alright. I'm Maxwell Morningstar, Chicago native. You big shots know that already, huh?" He said, poking fun at the Monitor's all-knowingness.

"But, beyond that, it's nice to meet you all." He finished, addressing the rest of the new recruits, sliding back into line and file, his daring eyes staring straight ahead, waiting to see if someone else would follow his lead.

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Neros wrote:
Maxwell Morningstar

The tall, strapping young man stood erect - towering over the other Guardians at just beyond seven-feet. His long, blonde hair was tied back and toward the side as was his normal hairstyle, if you will, while the rest of his clothing suggested nothing other than normalcy. He was just, well, big. Max looked, watched, and listened to the Monitors as they - or rather one of them - spoke to the new recruits. He seemed to understand the jist of what they wanted the entire troop to do, so reserved his questions for another time and place. It was a test, plain and simple, they even said it was. Nothing much to worry about. no?

Max stepped out of line and placed his hand up - calling some attention to himself. "No questions from me, but I think we should get some introductions out of the way first." He gave a slight grin, a genuine smile, "That way we know who we're working for," He said, eyeing the Monitor, and then looked towards the other recruits, "And who we are working with." He raised his hand up one more time, volunteering himself. "I'll go first, if that's alright. I'm Maxwell Morningstar, Chicago native. You big shots know that already, huh?" He said, poking fun at the Monitor's all-knowingness.

"But, beyond that, it's nice to meet you all." He finished, addressing the rest of the new recruits, sliding back into line and file, his daring eyes staring straight ahead, waiting to see if someone else would follow his lead.

"I'm Anthony Lewis, also known as Lava Glaster in my universe. Superhero and wannabe author." Anthony introduced himself. "Nice to meet you all." He then lava-uped to show what he could do. His obsidian armor not melting. Looking at the others, he went back to normal.
Last edited by Slenderman The CreepyPasta King on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☻/
/▌ The slenderman is always watching.
/ \
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClubPenguinajl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTlbpf4Dxo
https://youtu.be/f_GC8wiEuXo
https://youtu.be/mQfcFjzWuX8
Check out my YouTube channel! Some Links are above! ^

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Neros wrote:-snip-

"Seems like a good idea to me. I am Valma Silverhand, of Asgard. If you've ever heard the stories that are probably legend to most of you, about Thor, Loki, and Odin, well, we Asgardians do exist. Before you ask, the surname Silverhand comes from this..." Valma said, showing her silver hand to all. It got chopped off in a battle," she explained, her expression hardening for a second at the memory, before clearing again. "Perhaps I shall tell the story sometime later, if any of you want to know. Anyway, it's good to meet you all, and I look forward to working with you."

Her face showed nothing that was going on in her mind, painful memories of fire and swords and lava and demons. She looked at her hand for another second, before putting it back behind her back, banishing the memories that still haunted her, for now.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Neros wrote: Le snip

"It would be beneficial to exchange pleasantries. I will return when you are finished and we shall begin the testing." He said and vanishes in a flash of light..

Alex looked at the man who looked more like a walking living gym. "Max. Nice to meet you Max." He said. "Though I have a quick question for you. How many horses a day do you eat? I'm guessing around 5 or 6 but I could be totally off." He teased and then turned his accent to one that would be a perfect stereotypical southern accent. "I'm from Texas! Land of Oil, Jesus, Guns, and scorching heat." After which his voice returned to normal. "Never doing that again. But this sounds pretty freaking sweet. We're basically cops! For all of time and space... But that's not gonna stop me from exploring what kinda aliens I want to meet. And maybe diddle." He snickered to himself and got a good look at the Asgardian woman.

"Asgard? Like with Odin, and Thor, and Loki and all those other gods?" He said. The fact that they had an Asgardian on their side made this seem like it would actually work. "We've all got battle scars. I've been stabbed in the leg. Though obviously yours is a bit more... Extreme and likely more painful, but I'm not one to pry as I know injuries like that are often associated with mental trauma."

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:01 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Neros wrote: Le snip

"It would be beneficial to exchange pleasantries. I will return when you are finished and we shall begin the testing." He said and vanishes in a flash of light..

Alex looked at the man who looked more like a walking living gym. "Max. Nice to meet you Max." He said. "Though I have a quick question for you. How many horses a day do you eat? I'm guessing around 5 or 6 but I could be totally off." He teased and then turned his accent to one that would be a perfect stereotypical southern accent. "I'm from Texas! Land of Oil, Jesus, Guns, and scorching heat." After which his voice returned to normal. "Never doing that again. But this sounds pretty freaking sweet. We're basically cops! For all of time and space... But that's not gonna stop me from exploring what kinda aliens I want to meet. And maybe diddle." He snickered to himself and got a good look at the Asgardian woman.

"Asgard? Like with Odin, and Thor, and Loki and all those other gods?" He said. The fact that they had an Asgardian on their side made this seem like it would actually work. "We've all got battle scars. I've been stabbed in the leg. Though obviously yours is a bit more... Extreme and likely more painful, but I'm not one to pry as I know injuries like that are often associated with mental trauma."

"Indeed. I could go with the Old English theme, but it gets annoying to others, so I shall stick with regular English. Though, we actually do speak like that on Asgard. I have little knowledge of Earth geography and culture, I'm afraid, so it will take me a while to adjust," Valma said.

"As for my wound, and associated trauma, I've found that talking about it helps, when I am able to muster the courage to speak of it. I'll just say it now. It involved a Fire Demon King from Muspelheim, and a sword that was so hot that it could slice through a Frost Giant, (basically an ice monster) and turn its remains into water vapor, even with a mere touch of the blade. But it was a necessary sacrifice, and I would do the same if I had the opportunity to relive the moment. But anyway, we are all forged, in fire and flame, in our own way, some more literally than others. It is those moments, that make us the people we are today." Valma said, clenching her silver hand tightly, before relaxing. "But enough about fire and swords and me! Tell me about yourselves, friends and comrades!"
Call me Star

Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neros » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:06 pm

The Starlight wrote:-snip

The Republic of Atria wrote:-snip

Max had his hands at his side, eagerly listening to everyone as they began to introduce themselves. Nothing big, nothing too extravagant, but just putting names to faces. That's all that Max wanted to hear, and it only caused him to smile as the Monitor found his suggestion welcoming, and others followed his lead as well. He listening to Valma for a moment, leaning in close, trying to imagine what things she must have done to damage such a powerful piece of equipment as Silverhand - though he could only assume it's power, he didn't know about it at all.

Regardless, the existence of Asgard intrigued him. Norse Gods? Very interesting, indeed! Max was not a skeptic, hell, they all were standing somewhere beyond space-time currently, so Norse Gods wouldn't be too far of a leap. Backwards perhaps, but that's besides the point. Max perked up as he heard his name called, looking down at one of the other recruits for a moment. Another human, just like him. He gave the man a warm smile, offering his gigantic hand to him.

"Hello! Nice to meet you as well, but I didn't quite catch your name. You can say I eat my fair share of beef." He said with a laugh and a flex of his muscle, nodding along as Alex joked more. "Texas? You know that sayin' about steers and queers, don'cha?" He said, before catching Alex's gaze at the Asgardian, following his line of sight and getting the same view for a brief moment. "Forget that last comment..." Max said under his breath at Alex. However, as battle scars came up, he had to close his eyes. Shake his head a bit. Alex was right, though, it wasn't about the physical aspect of the trauma, it was the mental part. Like your body can heal and forget, but your brain just...doesn't want to move on.

But! He found the strength to smile anyways, as the past was behind him. Maxwell, being the man that he was, listened to Valma discuss her battle, but his eyes wandered a bit on her body, face, and the like. He hid his gaze fairly well, but what can you do? A man does what a man does, Asgardian or Midgardian alike, he assumed at least. He stepped up to the plate, though, taking her up on her offer to talk about themselves. "Welp, I don't do a lot of demon fighting, but I fought the guys who demonize other people. Crooks, purse thieves, things like that. Where I'm from, Chicago, we see a lot of crime. I did what I could to stop it."

"And I stopped it by getting involved with my community, as cheesy white soccer-mom as that sounds. You'd be surprised how much people alone can accomplish when they get inspired and motives to get shit done. I guess that's how we got the pyramids, though."

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Neros wrote:
Maxwell Morningstar

Seeing that the others had introduced themselves, it would be impolite to not introduce himself.

"Hi everyone, my name is Thomas Schmidt. I'm a German-American living in Japan. I like Japanese foods and a few of American and German foods, and I'm a former security officer." Thomas decided to used false identity, as although it's not like its necessary to revealed his identity, it would be better to hide it, as to keep the other recruits from being intimidated.

"But I'm pretty much skilled in guns, combat, and swimming, if there is sea in this universe, which is no doubt. And wow, I never knew that there is an organization with law and order here in the universe."
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Toki Cabot

Wherever The Fuck

For most of the conversation, Toki stood still at the back of the line, listening to others question the mission and get answers. So they'll have to fight someone truly evil? That sounds interesting. Toki dudn't really feel any grudges to others or felt that anybody was really, truly evil. Maybe the Galaxy Soldiers, but even they didn't do their evils for the sake of it. And besides, he's not really a fighter. At least right now.

Nearby, some other people were talking and introducing themselves. Maybe he should be there? Not really, though - who really cares about him anyway?

Toki, go for it! Don't be a shy nerd, dammit! Learn their names! So you would feel more personal when you crush them!

Oh, that. It's his other personality talking inside. Toki's kind of a schizophrenic. Though, luckily, the other, much eviller side doesn't take over until he is transformed.

"Hey, guys!" Toki ran over to the main group anyway. "So you're going to be my teammates? My bame's Toki Cabot, and I am one of the few survivors of Planet Hera. I... don't usually talk with others much, but hey, we have to know each other at least a bit, huh?"
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Neros wrote:
But! He found the strength to smile anyways, as the past was behind him. Maxwell, being the man that he was, listened to Valma discuss her battle, but his eyes wandered a bit on her body, face, and the like. He hid his gaze fairly well, but what can you do? A man does what a man does, Asgardian or Midgardian alike, he assumed at least. He stepped up to the plate, though, taking her up on her offer to talk about themselves. "Welp, I don't do a lot of demon fighting, but I fought the guys who demonize other people. Crooks, purse thieves, things like that. Where I'm from, Chicago, we see a lot of crime. I did what I could to stop it."

"And I stopped it by getting involved with my community, as cheesy white soccer-mom as that sounds. You'd be surprised how much people alone can accomplish when they get inspired and motives to get shit done. I guess that's how we got the pyramids, though."

"We've all got demons of sorts in the places we live, and perhaps within ourselves. Some can control fire, have 2 huge horns and are at least triple my height, others are criminals who abuse those who cannot defend themselves," Valma said in agreement. "They both possess a willingness to do wrong, but in different ways. But let us not get too much into the minds of demons.

"Inspiration is a powerful emotion, one that can win battles, build pyramids and civilizations and perhaps simply helping those who are in need, inspiring them to do the same. It looks like you all possess admirable qualities that gained the Monitors' attention.
Since when did I start being philosophical and thoughtful? Huh, that's strange, she thought.
Finland SSR wrote:Oh, that. It's his other personality talking inside. Toki's kind of a schizophrenic. Though, luckily, the other, much eviller side doesn't take over until he is transformed.

"Hey, guys!" Toki ran over to the main group anyway. "So you're going to be my teammates? My bame's Toki Cabot, and I am one of the few survivors of Planet Hera. I... don't usually talk with others much, but hey, we have to know each other at least a bit, huh?"

'Greetings, Toka of Hera. Nice to meet you. If I may ask, what happened to your planet. You of course do not have to answer if you don't want to." Valma said, welcoming him.
Call me Star

Frostorn
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frostorn » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Theodore Stormley
The Multiplex

Theodore stood their with his hands in his pockets and his cloak draped across his shoulders, with a few other people. Some clearly looked alien and many of them wore some sort of armor. His own was cloth-like. He looked around at the others as The Monitor was telling them their purpose here and something about a test. Nearly all of those around him looked younger than him, but as some of them were aliens, he was not sure. After a few questions were asked and answered, some of them were introducing themselves to each other. Ehh, might as well.Theodore thought to himself.

Theodore stepped forward towards the others and said. "Greetings, fellows. I am Theodore Stormley and I am slightly more than human. I hope we will get along well and that there will be no trouble between us."
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:53 pm

The Starlight wrote:-Snips? SNIPS!-

Toki Cabot

Same Place

"It's actually Toki, not Toka, but I don't blame you. Quite a lot of people mix up those names at first." Toki cheerfully replied to Valma, smiling. The woman look kind of... weird. Outside. He had never seen a race like this before. Well, he never did travel far from his home, so perhaps it's his fault. It looked like there were a lot of people of that race here. What, is he the only one not of it?

"As for my planet, it just kinda... blew up. Planets don't usually do that - there has to be an outside source - but I never found out what or how. I was six when it died, but luckily, I built a spaceship for me and my family to escape in."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Bunkeranlage
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bunkeranlage » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:09 am

The "Multiplex", they called it.

This being the first time he set foot in it, the scrawny German mathematician named Gabriel Jung wasn't exactly familiar with his surroundings. Sitting on his own in a corner, Gabriel looked up as the speaker continued speaking, listening intently and puffing away on a gradually shortening cigarette.

It had been almost a year since he had been hired by the Monitors. Gabriel was still able to remember that surreal day, when his father's mansion was blown to bits by a plasma blast. At the time, he was lying on a deck chair and playing chess with himself. The blast was, for some strange reason, silent. As he turned around, he saw a man in a black suit of armour, a strange vehicle, and a wrecked mansion.

"Get dressed", the man said to him, gripping Gabriel's shoulder with a thick, black-gloved fist. "You're coming with us." Not wanting to befall the same fate (but more so out of boredom), the German hastily got into a blue office shirt and a jacket, before following the men. Why they chose him was beyond his comprehension. Perhaps it was his IQ score of 182 that had attracted them.

As he sat in their vehicle, whizzing through the air, the other operatives had gotten quite friendly with him. As he continued puffing away on cigarette after cigarette, Gabriel realised that these men were closer to him than he knew. Apparently, a corps of inter-universal police had been monitoring him and Gottlieb Jung for the past 12 years. "Your stepfather was an asshole", one of them said to Gabriel. "We could see what he was doing over in the corporate realm. Low down in the dirt."

Well, Gottlieb could go on slaving away for all he cared. Gabriel was ending up elsewhere. In a Multiplex, to be precise.

By that time, the speaker had finished his introduction, and was now going on about some psychological exam. Standing up, Gabriel straightened his unbuttoned collars, before spitting his cigarette into his hand and flicking it. "One question", he said. "How long would this rest time be?"

It wasn't that he was lazy, but that his mind needed breaks every now and then. Many times in the past, he had overworked himself unknowingly, eventually landing himself in hospital with high fevers and other issues. No matter how much he ate, he remained the shrimp that he was. Every time he took his shirt off, he could see the edges of two ribcages on either side of his chest.

It was at least a consolation that he only had 7 cigarettes left, meaning that he would have to quit sooner or later (something that he had never gotten round to doing back home). Despite that, though, it was clear to him that being a muscular, super soldier wasn't an option. For now, he would be stuck as that scrawny geek at the back, busy stealing data from computer networks and writing out algebraic expressions on oversized legal pads.
~+~+~ RIP, Mr. Lee | (1923 - 2015) ~+~+~
Economic Left: 4.00 Social Libertarian: 1.59 | Ich bin INFP
My Manga Gallery | Bertrand Russell: The Case for Socialism | On Holocaust Denial | My Views
"What a talentless bastard! It irritates me that this self-fellated mediocrity is acclaimed as genius."

- P. I. Tchaikovsky, on Brahms

~+~+~+~

"I liked everything about the opera. Everything, except for the music."

- B. Britten, on Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress

~+~+~+~

"Hell is full of musical amateurs."

- George Bernard Shaw

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:52 am

"Holy moly, we've got a smorgasbord of everyone here." He says and looks around and back to the large man, Max. "I've seen Full Metal Jacket too man. I can tell you right now, these guys seem to be nicer than Gunny. I don't see any verbal assault coming. At least I hope I don't see it. So we got a green guy named Toka, a mountain of a man named Max. An Asgardian who is named Silverhand for a good reason. Several humans, at least people I think are human, but I could be wrong, and please forgive me if I am, and human is some for of derogatory slur." He says. "I have to say, this is quite the honor. I mean I always wanted to be a cop, but I never figured that there is a such thing as Multiverse cops."

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:34 am

Finland SSR wrote:"It's actually Toki, not Toka, but I don't blame you. Quite a lot of people mix up those names at first." Toki cheerfully replied to Valma, smiling. The woman look kind of... weird. Outside. He had never seen a race like this before. Well, he never did travel far from his home, so perhaps it's his fault. It looked like there were a lot of people of that race here. What, is he the only one not of it?

"As for my planet, it just kinda... blew up. Planets don't usually do that - there has to be an outside source - but I never found out what or how. I was six when it died, but luckily, I built a spaceship for me and my family to escape in."

"My apologies, Toki. Quite a feat of building a spaceship at age six, though. However, as I'm not sure of how our race develops, I wouldn't know. "But I'm sorry to hear that, nonetheless."
Frostorn wrote:Theodore Stormley
The Multiplex

Theodore stood their with his hands in his pockets and his cloak draped across his shoulders, with a few other people. Some clearly looked alien and many of them wore some sort of armor. His own was cloth-like. He looked around at the others as The Monitor was telling them their purpose here and something about a test. Nearly all of those around him looked younger than him, but as some of them were aliens, he was not sure. After a few questions were asked and answered, some of them were introducing themselves to each other. Ehh, might as well.Theodore thought to himself.

Theodore stepped forward towards the others and said. "Greetings, fellows. I am Theodore Stormley and I am slightly more than human. I hope we will get along well and that there will be no trouble between us."

"Greetings, Theodore Stormley." said Valma. "Nice to meet you, and I wish the same as well." It was interesting how many different people were, and how these were only a hint of how large the Multiverse was indeed. Beyond comprehension for most, probably.
Call me Star

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:28 am

Sor'naa-Troll-22 Yrs-The Multiplex
This was a series of events that I have never expected to see from the spirits. It was not long after the siege and the celebration that followed that I was approached by the natural Gods. They informed me that I had been chosen, and that I would be joining other warriors like me, to prevent the balance of nature from escaping da balance. I was in a large and alien place, The white walls were everywhere and everything seemed, empty. I could not feel the winds upon me or smell the scent of da earf. I rode atop of Resh'kla as I was directed to the gathering of the warriors of which I would be working with. As I approached the group, atop of my companion, the Raptor Resh'kla. A massive beast of about nine feet when standing fully upright. And around five feet when bent low. I myself towered over everyone, as I gazed down upon them, the strange beings. Most seemed to be from da Alliance. Humans in strange clothing, I found it strange how da Gods and Spirits would select such weak races to represent them, but such wisdom is beyond me. There were two humans of blonde hair, one man and the other woman. But both were adorned in radically different armor. Than several human men, as well as a single teal colored being of some sort.

I stood upon the back of Resh'kla and then leapt off of the raptor and landed in front of it. My large and naked feet comprised of two large toes supported me as I landed and stood up, in what appeared to be plain leather and cloth armor. I stood not as hunched as most of the men do in my people but still not standing entirely straight up, at about six feet and two inches. Subtly suggesting that I am around six feet and eight inches if I stood straight entirely. My skin was a light blue hue, and my long and flowing red hair cascaded down my shoulders and back, with a pony tail of sorts tied like a stick from the back of my head. With the hair flowing down from it at the end of it. The long ears, easily seven to eight inches protruded from each side of my head, erect as my orange eyes flared in the lights of the room. My two smaller horns, which used to be the subject of ridicule among my people for their lack of size, emerged just slightly from my lower jawline like fangs. My body was tall, thinner and very agile built. The scene was completed with my image being covered with the scent of dirt, soil and some sweat.

These beings spoke an odd dialect of common, but I could understand that they were introducing themselves. And so, after letting my image sink in, I began my own introduction as I gripped my prized bow in the two fingers and single thumb of my left hand.

"I be Sor'naa, daughter of mah Fader Kal'naa and of mah muder Ris'naa. Tribe of da Darkspear, Huntress of da Horde and prized ally of da Warchief Vol'jin." I then brushed my right hand alongside my Raptor, introducing him as well.

"Dis be Resh'kla, mah mount and ally in da hunt. A Raptor of great strength and speed." I spoke with confidence, not even close to aware of the trouble the others may have understanding my Low Common Dialect. But I knew it would be better than speaking Zandali.

"I find dit strange that so many of the Alliance and humans are represented dere. But, de spirits have commanded my being here, and so, we are allies." I finished. As I began to winder if anyone understood what I had said, now that all I seem to be getting are blank stares, either from my wild appearance or the way in which I speak.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:11 am

Alex saw what appeared to look like be an Orc. With an extremely heavy accent. "I think I understood most of that. So. Anyone else want to introduce themselves? I hate to admit it, but being tested by what seems to be omniscient beings is just a teeny tiny bit... Nerve racking." He said. He was nervous. He had a few jobs before, but this was an interview by the likes he'd had never seen. "Being judged by your peers is one things. Being judged by all powerful gods is another. You know what gods do when they get angry? They smite." He said with a half smile. He was a bit on edge for obvious reasons. That and when the Monitors repaired his heart, he had more energy than he was used to and was slightly jittery. Not to mention the culture shock and vast amount of information he had to take in such a short time.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 am

Friedrich Von Wolfia

Already having been introduced to The Monitors and why they wanted him as a Guardian, Friedrich was not at all surprised by his new boss's little speech, rather he was somewhat distraught by the news that he couldn't help demolish an oppressive government or a tyrannical dictator, Friedrich was raised In harsh conditions during his childhood, forced to witness as his family was executed, their farm burnt to the ground. Friedrich hated the Soviet Regime since then; wanting to burn their kremlin down to the ground with there being nothing but ashes of what remained of the Kremlin. With this thought conflicting him now, he addressed the Monitor "I have a question regarding the Government and Political Part of your Introduction, even though It Is an oppressive government or political faction that Is oppressing the people, the Guardians aren't allowed In any way to intervene?"

NyanInk
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NyanInk » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:41 am

Liliah DeFranco
Lilly (Yes, two "l"s) was never normal. She watched her family die. She fell in, then out, then in, and then got destroyed by, love. She could knock a soda can off of an apple (Really weird story).

"Come on Lill, do it!"
I got this!
:shoots and the bullet ricochets off of various pieces of metal and hits it:
HA!!! TOLD YOU!!!!

As sweet and innocent as she looked, she always knew her way out of a trap. Although slightly tall, she raised her hand high up in the air. With a clear American accent, she said "Excuse me! About the travel, is there any way to follow someone through the Multiverse?" She had wanted to track down the perpetrator ever since she started training, well, self-training along with a few other kids. She looked through the group cautiously, as if the one she was looking for would be among her own brethren and sisters. Gotta stay safe...please let them all be safe... Standing among the chaos, she waited for a reply as she straightened her attire.
I am technically human, but i'm whats known as "Crazy" or "Not Normal". I am a girl, and now am an ENFP.
Former INFP.

What are you?
´*•.¸´*•.¸♥¸.•*´¸.•*´­
Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality, but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:47 am

The Fallen Jedi wrote:Friedrich Von Wolfia

Already having been introduced to The Monitors and why they wanted him as a Guardian, Friedrich was not at all surprised by his new boss's little speech, rather he was somewhat distraught by the news that he couldn't help demolish an oppressive government or a tyrannical dictator, Friedrich was raised In harsh conditions during his childhood, forced to witness as his family was executed, their farm burnt to the ground. Friedrich hated the Soviet Regime since then; wanting to burn their kremlin down to the ground with there being nothing but ashes of what remained of the Kremlin. With this thought conflicting him now, he addressed the Monitor "I have a question regarding the Government and Political Part of your Introduction, even though It Is an oppressive government or political faction that Is oppressing the people, the Guardians aren't allowed In any way to intervene?"

"Not on a large scale. If you have to act in self defense however. Then you are welcome to do what you must." He said with an obvious way of it being a loophole in the rules. "You cannot start the hostilities, however, if you are attacked, Guardians are permitted to use any force they deem necessary to protect themselves." It was a loophole, but he knew many of them grew up with very little to lose and the mortal concept of revenge against those who tormented them when they were young was interesting. They were looking for people who were not only of moderate moral character, but were not afraid to dirty their hands if the need arose. He said and turned too Lilly.

"Yes. Your armors can lead you to just about any person that exists. Provided you know what they look like. I know some of you want to use your new power for revenge against those who wronged you in the past. While I understand it, do your best not to become consumed with it. We have lost many Guardians who simply could not let things go. The past cannot be changed without major consequences to the present. Remember that."

NyanInk
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby NyanInk » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:58 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:
The Fallen Jedi wrote:Friedrich Von Wolfia

"Not on a large scale. If you have to act in self defense however. Then you are welcome to do what you must." He said with an obvious way of it being a loophole in the rules. "You cannot start the hostilities, however, if you are attacked, Guardians are permitted to use any force they deem necessary to protect themselves." It was a loophole, but he knew many of them grew up with very little to lose and the mortal concept of revenge against those who tormented them when they were young was interesting. They were looking for people who were not only of moderate moral character, but were not afraid to dirty their hands if the need arose. He said and turned too Lilly.

"Yes. Your armors can lead you to just about any person that exists. Provided you know what they look like. I know some of you want to use your new power for revenge against those who wronged you in the past. While I understand it, do your best not to become consumed with it. We have lost many Guardians who simply could not let things go. The past cannot be changed without major consequences to the present. Remember that."

She nodded. She had already gone over every possibility in her head...another one of her hidden secrets...She decided to walk around the place, scope out entrances and exits, and possibly find an ally.
Lilly wove in and out of the crowd until she bumped into someone on accident, landing them on the floor. She got up immediately and politely said "I'm. So. Sorry! Are you okay...?" She helped them to their feet. Lilly was always called Silly Lilly at school for being the most clumsy...She made sure to delete those records whenever she picked up hacking last...
I am technically human, but i'm whats known as "Crazy" or "Not Normal". I am a girl, and now am an ENFP.
Former INFP.

What are you?
´*•.¸´*•.¸♥¸.•*´¸.•*´­
Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality, but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse