NATION

PASSWORD

The Sins of Man [OOC/OPEN/SUPERPOWER RP]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

The Sins of Man [OOC/OPEN/SUPERPOWER RP]

Postby The V O I D » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:00 am

The Sins of Man
IC | OOC

The Sins of Man are many, and plentiful; and all must pay in the end. In the year 2002, the World changed. The Rules of Nature changed.
Metahumans, as they are called, were springing up all over the world, of varying power and threat. Some were good; others were evil. So led to the creation of the Metahuman International Task Force, or MITF. The MITF, using it's endless international funds to prevent the world's end at the hands of Metahumans, now have technology capable of stopping and capturing Metahumans. Currently, in the year 2010, Metahumans who commit crimes are policed, captured, and imprisoned by the MITF without trial, and normal humans don't even seem to care. Those who are Metahumans and aren't evil, and rather, use their powers to help and save people are usually tracked by MITF, and sometimes even recruited to help stop evil Metahumans. The Sins of Man are many and plentiful; but all will pay in the end.

Be warned, for Xerxes is coming.

Well, well. Welcome to the Sins of Man RP. There are a few things that need to be explained before you apply. Firstly, the rules.
Then, class of Metahumans. Finally, the apps themselves and requirements.

The Void: OP and Head of the RP
Videssos: Co-OP; App-Acceptance

I. Thou shalt not godmod. Just because Metahumans can tend to be very powerful, doesn't mean you can automatically have a character that can solo the entire SoM Universe.
II. Thou shalt not use the character of another. In short; no using pre-made chars. Custom only.
III. Thou shalt not metagame. I don't care if your character is psychic and sees into the future, it doesn't give an excuse to use outside information in the IC.
IV. Thou shalt obey the OP as if he were thy God. My word is final, law, and above all others.
V. Thy shall never question thy Co-OPs. Those I appoint as Co-OP have words that are only below my own.
VI. Thou shalt not have false Co-OPs. If anyone claims to be a Co-OP, but they aren't on the list of Co-OPs, they're probably lying.
VII. Thou shalt not be too violent. In other words, PG-13 people. Keep it that way.
VIII. Thou shalt not flamebait or break NationStates' rules. In other words; obey the normal forum rules.
IX. Thou shalt RP realistically and fairly. That means if a character has the skills or powers to counteract your own, you must RP as such, and accept the loss if it occurs, and that's simple.
X. Thou shalt heed my Laws by acknowledging them. In other words, to state you have read the rules, copy-paste this into your post with your app: "I have read the Laws given to me by the OP, and I accept them fully."

Class I: Average Metahuman. Usually one or two powers. Nonthreat for MITF Human personal, if malevolent, usually, and MITF Metahumans (usually Class III) will have no problem.
Class II: The above average Metahumans. They have up to four powers, and can sometimes be a lethal threat for MITF Human personal. MITF Metahumans dispatched.
Class III: The true Metahumans like straight out of the comics. Nine or ten powers. Extremely lethal towards MITF Human personal. Usually, if good, recruited into MITF to help remove threatening Class I and II Metahumans. If evil, Class IV MITF Metahumans dispatched.
Class IV: These Metahumans aren't to be trifled with by any humans at all. They have up to twenty very strong powers, and can cause tons of damage. Class IVs are the ones who, when recruited by MITF, are only dispatched in case of emergency. Class IV Evil Metahumans are usually fought off by MITF-Recruited Class V Metahumans.
Class V: There are only a few hundred of these. They have up to five powers, but usually those powers could instantly destroy an entire city within the blink of an eye. Class Vs are highly lethal to Class III and lower Metahumans, and are not to be trifled with by humans at all. Class IVs can barely fight them. When a Class V is evil, it is usually destroyed by MITF Hunter Robotic Drones/HRDs.
Class X: These Metahumans have off-the-scale power. They can have three powers, but only one of them are needed to destroy the moon in terms of damage. There are only about twenty to thirty Class Xs around, and all of them are highly dangerous. MITF HRDs dispatched. All Metahumans and Humans alike of lower class are evacuated from the area.

Good. Now that those things are out of the way, onwards, to your app. And, and would you be so kind as to remove ()? Thanks.

App:
Name:
Alias (if there is one):
Appearance:
Destructive Capacity:
Comprehensive Speed Scale:
Durability:
Lifting Strength:
Striking Strength:
Powers:
Class (based on D.C., C.S.S., Durability, L.S. and S.S., along with Powers):
Bio:
RP Example (a paragraph or two would suffice, if you haven't been in an RP before):

There you are. Now, go and app, my fellow RPers!

App:
Name: Unknown.
Alias: Xerxes
Sex: M.
Appearance: Xerxes.
Destructive Capacity: City Level.
Comprehensive Speed Scale: 1.16c (Low-end FTL speeds).
Durability: N/A (due to adaptation).
Lifting Strength: Between Class 100 and Class K (see link).
Striking Strength: Class PJ (Attacks carry megatons of energy. Citybusting punches.)
Powers:
Extreme Super Strength: See Strengths, Destructive Capcity.
Extreme Super Speed: See Speed Scale.
Adaptation: Xerxes can adapt to most forms of damage and attack, and can even gain new powers based on watching enemies and adapting said powers. However, this only works in a prolonged fight.
Biological Immortality [Adapted]: Xerxes has adapted Bioimmortality. This makes him immune to all poisons, diseases, etc. as well as aging.
Flight [Adapted]: Xerxes has adapted the ability to fly. Combined with his superspeed, he can go anywhere in the world he wishes within a near-instant.
Healing Factor [Adapted]: Xerxes can heal from any injury. Combined with adaption, depending on injury, he may be immune to being injured in that way again.
Class: X.
Bio:
Last edited by The V O I D on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:01 am

Accepted Characters:
"Xerxes" - Class X Villainous Metahuman.
Elena Solovyova ("Vulcan") - Class X Possibly-Villainous Metahuman.
Trotus Vulturi - Class IV+ Villainous Metahuman
Aleksandr Dmitrievich Voloshyn ("Setheus") - Class IV+ Metahuman (Need Specification on whether Villainous, Heroic or Neutral).
Victor Hadford ("Canvas") - Class III Metahuman
Sharam Maraj ("Nemesis") - Class III Neutral Metahuman
Kaimoto Kanashii ("Jerez") - Class III Neutral Metahuman.
Tom Lakalam ("Azrael") - Class II Villainous Metahuman.
Carson Drake ("Blink") - Class II Neutral Metahuman.
Last edited by The V O I D on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:02 am

tig tag
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 am

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:tig tag

I welcome you. I await to see your app. It's going to be fun, this RP. I can tell.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:16 am

Tag.
Signatures are so 2014.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Wow. This is becoming popular fast. Just wanted to note that aliens are allowed, but you need to explain how they came to earth in their bio, as well as explain why they were sent to Earth. Also, Xerxes is going to be the main antagonist in this RP, so don't go overboard and say the alien species are invading or something. That's a big no-no.
Also, IC will be up by next weekend, so get your apps up quickly.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:56 pm

taggity swaggity o hai there In Gentem.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Mushroomio
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

APPLICATION!!

Postby Mushroomio » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 pm

App:
Name: Kyle Jeheravi
Alias (if there is one): Dr. Sonic
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Destructive Capacity: City Block if he's really angry.
Comprehensive Speed Scale: He could go up to Mach 2.5, they don't call him Dr. Sonic for nothing!
Durability: Peak Human level
Lifting Strength: Average Human
Striking Strength: Average Human
Powers: Supersonic speed, could build complicated machinery like aging machines.
Class (based on D.C., C.S.S., Durability, L.S. and S.S., along with Powers): 1-2, I don't know.
Bio: Dr. Sonic wasn't always Dr. Sonic. He was born Kyle Jeheravi. His aunt took care of him since his parents left him at the age of two months. His aunt sent him to Wheeler when he was old enough, then to Harvard where he earned a Doctor's degree in automations. He later tried to create a teleportation machine, but it gave him super speed instead. In frustration, he kicked the machine as fast as he could, and to his surprise, he kicked it extremely fast. He ran to his aunt's house to show her, and realized that he didn't need his car, he could just run. He ran to his aunt's house and she called him a freak. She quickly apologized but it was too late, Kyle already left. He then later found out that his aunt was murdered and he vowed to track him down, and brutally kill him in the process. He fights crime, hoping to avenge his fallen aunt.
RP Example (a paragraph or two would suffice, if you haven't been in an RP before): Will the bio do? If not, I would give you one or two links.
Last edited by Mushroomio on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP: New Civilizations
Character: Going mad with power, it's getting to his head. His delusions of grandeur are getting worse.
RP: Black Cell
Character: Slightly sarcastic, friendly
RP: A Heart of Rust
Character: Going mad, thinking his robots are his children, a bit of a recluse

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Mushroomio wrote:App:
Name: Kyle Jeheravi
Alias (if there is one): Dr. Sonic
Appearance:
Destructive Capacity: City Block if he's really angry.
Comprehensive Speed Scale: He could go up to Mach 2.5, they don't call him Dr. Sonic for nothing!
Durability: Peak Human level
Lifting Strength: Average Human
Striking Strength: Average Human
Powers: Supersonic speed, could build complicated machinery like aging machines.
Class (based on D.C., C.S.S., Durability, L.S. and S.S., along with Powers): 1-2, I don't know.
Bio: Dr. Sonic wasn't always Dr. Sonic. He was born Kyle Jeheravi. His aunt took care of him since his parents left him at the age of two months. His aunt sent him to Wheeler when he was old enough, then to Harvard where he earned a Doctor's degree in automations. He later tried to create a teleportation machine, but it gave him super speed instead. In frustration, he kicked the machine as fast as he could, and to his surprise, he kicked it extremely fast. He ran to his aunt's house to show her, and realized that he didn't need his car, he could just run. He ran to his aunt's house and she called him a freak. She quickly apologized but it was too late, Kyle already left. He then later found out that his aunt was murdered and he vowed to track him down, and brutally kill him in the process. He fights crime, hoping to avenge his fallen aunt.
RP Example (a paragraph or two would suffice, if you haven't been in an RP before): Will the bio do? If not, I would give you one or two links.

Looks good so far. Although, he'd be a Class I Metahuman.
Also, I'd like links if you have them for RP examples, thanks.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Tag
Political: Centrist
Religion: N/A, Atheist
Philosophy: Nihilistic, still expanding upon it and finding myself further

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Hmhm, perhaps, perhaps.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm

I was thinking of playing the main assassin/enforcer/intermediary/servant of a villainous character, preferably Xerxes. He would have been taken in early in life and essentially indoctrinated to serve his employer. Anyone want to have him as their Dragon?
Signatures are so 2014.

Zenoch
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenoch » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Tag times 6.022x10^23

Zenoch
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenoch » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:05 pm

App:
Name: Carson Drake
Alias (if there is one): Blink
Appearance:
Destructive Capacity: 2
Comprehensive Speed Scale: Human (Not taking teleportation into account)
Durability: Human
Lifting Strength: Above average human
Striking Strength: Class KJ
Powers:
Teleportation: Blink can teleport to any location, as long as he knows the geographical coordinates of the place (This means he cannot simply look at a picture of the place, but must know its exact location).
Neural Sonar: He can use his brain to create a form of echolocation, enabling him to see rough images through walls and around corners. This ability only works across short distances.
Mental hyperspeed: Upon conscious effort, Blink's mind can work roughly 5 times faster than the average human's. This allows him to gain an advantage in melee combat and in problem solving situations.
Class (based on D.C., C.S.S., Durability, L.S. and S.S., along with Powers): Class II
Bio:
Carson Drake was born in to a wealthy family. His father owned a successful software company, and he was expected to take over the family business when he was old enough. He went to the expected prep school for wealthy children, where he began discovering his powers. At first, he discovered his mental hyperspeed while taking tests and final exams. This gave him an advantage over the other students, an advantage he shared with no one.
While Carson was attending college, some powerful men in his father's company mounted a hostile takeover of the company, resulting in his father losing his job. The money was still there, but now Carson had to find a new career plan. It was at this time in his life that he discovered his other powers. He finally realized how different he was from everyone else. So, he did the obvious thing and became a vigilante. After a few arrests, he was hired as a private contractor for his father's old company. Up to this point, no one knew the true nature of his abilities, only that he was skilled at infiltration. He currently works for Metasoft, performing under the table operations to steal software and information from other companies. It would be expected that such a life would have various emotional consequences of a person, but Carson usually appears upbeat and sarcastic about most things.

I HAVE STILL READ THE RULES AND STILL ACCEPT THEM
RP Example (a paragraph or two would suffice, if you haven't been in an RP before): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327771&p=23220616
Last edited by Zenoch on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:30 pm

OP the app should be wrapped in
Code: Select all
code
not
box.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Rupudska wrote:OP the app should be wrapped in
Code: Select all
code
not
box.

The app is like that because then it's easier to open new tabs with the links, to help you determine your character's stats.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:15 pm

app up tomorrow
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 pm

App:
Name: Benny Vasquez
Alias: Shifty Sam
Sex: male
Appearance: 1.8m muscular latino with dashing good looks and short black hair. Only seen with his face covered.
Destructive Capacity: Street level
Comprehensive Speed Scale: high human level(~12.4 m/s)
Durability: City level
Lifting Strength: upper end of peak human(~400kg)
Striking Strength: H level(~1000j)
Powers:
Peak human: one of the fittest people in the world, with no real effort
Regeneration: capable of sustaining any injury and regenerating within a few seconds or minutes. The only way to kill him is to vaporize his body. Think Wolverine.
Exceptional durability: his body takes more to injure in the first place. A .50 bullet will only penetrate a few inches, and a .22 will be little more than a minor annoyance. He can go indefinitely without the need for oxygen, food, or water.
Class: III
Bio:
RP Example (a paragraph or two would suffice, if you haven't been in an RP before):

I have read the Laws given to me by the OP, and I accept them fully.

tag
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:41 am

Utceforp wrote:I was thinking of playing the main assassin/enforcer/intermediary/servant of a villainous character, preferably Xerxes. He would have been taken in early in life and essentially indoctrinated to serve his employer. Anyone want to have him as their Dragon?

I think you could act as Xerxes' "Number 1". Why not. But you'd probably be a Class IV, because Xerxes is paranoid and doesn't exactly trust many other Class X Metahumans, even though there only are a few to begin with.

I need the people who've apped to finish their apps soon.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:56 am

App:
Name: Elena Solovyova
Alias (if there is one): Vulcan
Sex: Female
Appearance: link lank lonk
Destructive Capacity: Island+
Comprehensive Speed Scale: Low Supersonic (~Mach 1.7)
Durability: City+
Lifting Strength: Class 100-
Striking Strength: PJ
Powers:
Main: Magma Manipulation, Pyrokinesis, Vibration Manipulation
Secondary: Thermal Resistance (up to 6000 C), Ash Manipulation, Soot Manipulation, Pyrokinetic Constructs
Class (based on D.C., C.S.S., Durability, L.S. and S.S., along with Powers): X
Bio: Elena was, and is, the poster girl for superhumans in Russia almost as soon as her tremendous powers kicked in. Which it turned out they did so disastrously when she accidentally triggered a (remote but visibly near) volcanic eruption in her home in the Kamchatka Peninsula on her ninth birthday. Predictably, she was whisked away by the Russian government for a combination of propaganda and training, both of which worked more-or-less equally. It was mutually beneficial for both of them: Elena got education and freedom from the MITF, and Russia got its own walking superweapon.

It didn't last, and in hindsight it was obvious that it wouldn't. Solovyova started to question her masters, and distance herself from the decisions of the Russian government. This came to a head in 2014, when she officially left the Russian government's payroll. She was allowed to do so in exchange for not turning her powers against her homeland. She agreed, but it's unknown if she'll keep up that promise.
RP Example (a paragraph or two would suffice, if you haven't been in an RP before): lol
Last edited by Rupudska on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:11 am

More or less done, I believe.

App:
Name: Aleksandr Dmitrievich Voloshyn
Alias: Setheus
Appearance:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

Destructive Capacity: Indirectly, via controlling technology may vary, otherwise, it'd be 6.
Comprehensive Speed Scale: His true self can travel as electricity and information/data through technology, so it depends on how fast data can transfer, and whatever it/electricity is travelling through.
Durability: Holograms are average human, whilst he can survive City Level, though he could in theory escape whatever danger by transferring himself through technology- i.e. one interface to another, as long as there's some form of connection.
Lifting Strength: Class 25.
Striking Strength: KJ, though potentially MJ.
Powers: Bionic/Artificial Intelligence Physiology, Technology Manipulation, Nanite Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation (to some extent).
Class (based on D.C., C.S.S., Durability, L.S. and S.S., along with Powers): Class IV+
Bio: Born the half-Russian, half-Greek son of couple of scientists and researchers, in Koltsovo, he was to learn of science and technology from an early age, though had little inkling of what was to come as he grew up. With the town's foundation in the 70s being linked to the State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology VECTOR, of whom his parents were prominent members. His mother was a leading biologist (including subtypes like computational biology, biochemistry, biophysics and microbiology), neuroscientist and roboticist, among other professions, who sought her own answers through a combination of science involving technology, experimentation and genetic manipulation, whilst his father was similarly distinguished. Even at an early age, he was recognised as highly intelligent, often understanding the work of his parents to a degree highly unusual for someone his age, as well as that of his uncle, a psychologist, whilst his older cousin was a lieutenant colonel in the Russian army. He was a once-in-a-generation prodigy, and the potential that he held would not be ignored. This also lead to hatred, ire and jealousy from his older sister, Viktoriya, who grew to possess a pathological loathing that manifested in a myriad array of ways.

Nonetheless, as he grew up, he was also isolated, and himself as much a part of the experiments of his parents as anything else. His aptitude for technology and science was seen as useful, and although his father was usually involved in his work, and his mother never really saw him as anything but a means to an end, care was thus taken to ensure that he continued to live. Even then, he was naturally experimented on in numerous ways, including certain non/lethal pathogens and viruses. As one would imagine, it both strengthened and weakened his immune system, and he was often in dire straits, even if the general likelihood was that he would survive, however close to death he often seemed. Similarly, experimentation in nanotechnology and biotechnology in a varied array of areas, was undertaken. Whilst he himself took to some degree of his own research, he showed an obsessive interest in certain areas, and grew to be highly knowledgeable in the sciences and technology, experimental or otherwise. Though there was also some interest in psychology from his uncle, which lead to a certain element of philosophy, leading to the likes of Carl Jung, and Gnosticism. He delved into attempts to refine artificial intelligence, and nanotechnology. At some point interest was shown by some higher ups in the Russian military, the defence and research departments, and he was contracted to help in the development of various projects. Despite his young age, he became a professor, and contributed significantly to research. An attack on the research facility occurred, sanctioned by a rival part of the Russian military with elements that had infiltrated his own benefactors, under the belief that he was too dangerous to them and the country, as were the things he was developing, including his side projects. Though it may also be that an external group or power had some involvement, too.

This concern regarding Aleksandr had been raised earlier, after in a sanctioned secret test, he took over the computerised controls and launch mechanisms for an Israeli nuclear weapons base from all the way over in Russia, and also caused a rudimentary artificial intelligence system utilising virus to take over the anti-air defence system and have it attack everything within range indiscriminately. The attack on the facility utilised weaponry and equipment that somewhat made it difficult for him to use his talents against them, and an EMP weapon was activated shortly before the attack, shorting out much of the facility, though there were still shielded elements that survived. Sustaining a number of casualties to the surviving in-built defence systems and mechanisms of the building complex, some parts of which were underground, the forces nonetheless persevered and rapidly continued. With only so many options left, he attempted to employ the last cards he had left, even as the room was breached, and bullets tore into him. Even as he died, his mind was transferred onto a construct that merged his body with an artificial system he had designed, of his most advanced, self-learning A.I. yet, using nanotechnology, biotechnology and similar things, at first in an attempt to mirror organic, real living organisms, with the artificial, but as he realised at the last moment, also to merge and replace the living. In essence, he became one with what he had created, and he was able to escape through an information network, in this case, the internet, to parts unknown. Since his disappearance, he had been assumed dead. In that time he has had some involvement in a number of secretive organisations in other countries, though also some help was lent to certain circles of the Russian mafia, whilst persuing his own goals, whatever those might be. In the last two years, he has also anonymously aided the recently founded Russian Foundation for Advanced Research Projects.

Whilst in one particular location he can manifest physically, he usually appears as realistic holograms that can interact with objects and people. These are projections of his mind, and as such, can still replicate a physical existence, pain and the like. If not "physically" contacting anything, then the holograms can reappear elsewhere.
Last edited by Videssos on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:33 am, edited 11 times in total.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:37 am

Name: Tom Lakalam
Alias (if there is one): Azrael
Appearance:
"I have read the Laws given to me by the OP, and I accept them fully."

Destructive Capacity: Street Level
Comprehensive Speed Scale: Peak Human
Durability: Peak Human
Lifting Strength: Peak Human
Striking Strength: KJ (1 KJ)
Powers: Psionic/telekinetic projections akin to Psylocke/Kid Omega/Hellion (psychic manifestation of blades, guns, bullets, etc.), Psychic Invisibility and Psychic shadow
Class (based on D.C., C.S.S., Durability, L.S. and S.S., along with Powers): Class II
Bio: Tom Lakalam was born into a mixed family, his father was from Palestine and was a first generation immigrant to the US. Tom had been a very active lad and always aspired to be the best at everything when compared to other children in his community. Losing always irked him whether it be academically or athletically and caused him to push himself further and further. When his powers manifested, he kept it a secret from everyone and deliberately used them in manners to help himself to keep the title of "the best." Eventually, everything in his town grew to bore him and he sought a new challenge leading him to enlist in the US Army. Already in peak physical condition, the stealth he had from his psychic invisibility only furthered his dominance when compared to his peers and once in the field, his unit consistently had the highest kill ratio thanks to his ability to shoot psychic bullets (which raised suspicions about enemy corpses found without entrance or exit wounds).

In time, his talents caught the eyes of his superiors and he was eventually placed in a special operations unit where he only flourished further as he loved the challenges that had opened up to him. Already aware of his psionic projections and psychic invisibility, it was until he was in this unit that he discovered his psychic shadow. His unit was eventually tasked with killing the terrorist known as "The Untouchable." The Untouchable was infamous for having wiped out every task force that had been set out to hunt him down but what was even more frightening was that no one had ever been able to so much as scratch the man. The evidence for this was presented by videos The Untouchable would post online of himself killing members of each task force in combat, tackling the entire task force at times. Tom's unit was assigned an advisor from the Metahuman International Task Force who told the unit that they expected that the Untouchable was a mutant possibly with a precognition based power, able to see events that were about to happen and adapt accordingly. Seeing this as the ultimate challenge, Tom combined the minds of his own task force as well as the MITF advisor, they can up with a plan to create an improbable accident that they believed The Untouchable wouldn't see coming. Confident, they set out to kill The Untouchable. The plan failed.

Perhaps it was just coincidence, perhaps there was an informant but The Untouchable had found Tom's unit. Tom himself had been a couple blocks away at the time reporting his mission status when The Untouchable came and proceeded to kill Tom's unit slowly, sadistically relishing the despair and futile fury of Tom's team. Tom himself came back to the cheap hotel room they had been sharing in time to witness The Untouchable behead the MITF advisor. Flying into a fit of rage himself, Tom engaged The Untouchable in hand to hand combat. In hindsight, Tom realized that The Untouchable had an utterly perplexed look. It hadn't been Tom's skill that allowed him to lay that first blow upon The Untouchable, his psychic invisibility wasn't what truly allowed him to land the finishing blow either. The Untouchable hadn't been talking about his own demise when he uttered, "I can't see..." before succumbing to his wounds. The truth was due to Tom's Psychic Shadow, The Untouchable couldn't see Tom's future movements before they happened. Ashamed over the loss of his team and in disgust with himself over his newly discovered power denying him his perceived ultimate challenge, Tom left the military.

Now Tom sells himself out as a mercenary or assassin, capable of infiltrating almost any place on Earth and killing almost anyone without leaving so much as a trace of blood making many of the deaths appear to be of natural causes, while others remain unexplainable to the public at large (like a young Senator who spontaneously went brain dead at a dinner party). He doesn't care who hires him out as long as the pay is good and the prey is consistently a challenge. A lack of either and he has simply dropped his client in search of one with a more exquisite list of prey.
Last edited by Kintain on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Vid. Accepted, because I know you from other RPs and such- although, you'd be a Class IV+, which is basically the maximum class before Class X. And I'm only accepted three Class X characters- Rup reserved one of those three.
Rup- you'll be accepted when bio is finished.
Kin- accepted.

Kintain
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kintain » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:55 pm

I look forward to this starting

Next

Advertisement