NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Personal attack in Chicago PD Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Aethrys
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Report] Personal attack in Chicago PD Thread

Postby Aethrys » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:35 am

So, I really do despise the idea of running to moderation, but this kind of nonsense seems to happen as a matter of course on NSG lately and I must admit it's rather annoying, particularly when these selfsame individuals eventually create throwaway nations for the express purpose of using moderation as a private army. I do fully expect this to be dismissed because I was "asking for it" or whatever, but meh, I tried.

Scomagia wrote:
Aethrys wrote:
Sorry, I forgot that hating cops and sticking it to the establishment and whatnot was the in thing. But yeah, another excellent contribution to a discussion.

Oh, so you don't know how to read. I'm sorry, that's really tragic.
"Concentration of power in a political machine is bad; and an Established Church is only a political machine; it was invented for that; it is nursed, cradled, preserved for that; it is an enemy to human liberty, and does no good which it could not better do in a split-up and scattered condition." - Mark Twain

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:58 am

Please. It's a clear reference to you misrepresenting my views. Obviously you can read, so it's a bit ridiculous for you to pretend to be offended at something I couldn't have possibly meant in any literal sense.

Now, it may have been a touch on the nose, so I'd accept a warning I suppose.
Last edited by Scomagia on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insert trite farewell here

Aethrys
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aethrys » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Scomagia wrote:Please. It's a clear reference to you misrepresenting my views. Obviously you can read, so it's a bit ridiculous for you to pretend to be offended at something I couldn't have possibly meant in any literal sense.

It has nothing to do with causing offense, and everything to do with how the series of toxic posts I've noticed from you in particular, directed against myself and others, do nothing to advance the discussions you toss them in and in fact negatively impact them. I am, quite frankly, irritated by it. It is good of you to condescend to accept a warning, though at this point is evidently unnecessary.

As far as your views, I have no way to know them aside from what you share, and as things stand the only view you've taken the time to express is your beliefs regarding my apparent illiteracy.
"Concentration of power in a political machine is bad; and an Established Church is only a political machine; it was invented for that; it is nursed, cradled, preserved for that; it is an enemy to human liberty, and does no good which it could not better do in a split-up and scattered condition." - Mark Twain

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Aethrys wrote:
Scomagia wrote:Please. It's a clear reference to you misrepresenting my views. Obviously you can read, so it's a bit ridiculous for you to pretend to be offended at something I couldn't have possibly meant in any literal sense.

It has nothing to do with causing offense, and everything to do with how the series of toxic posts I've noticed from you in particular, directed against myself and others, do nothing to advance the discussions you toss them in and in fact negatively impact them. I am, quite frankly, irritated by it. It is good of you to condescend to accept a warning, though at this point is evidently unnecessary.

As far as your views, I have no way to know them aside from what you share, and as things stand the only view you've taken the time to express is your beliefs regarding my apparent illiteracy.

My views are plain on that thread. All you need to do is actually read my fucking posts there. Either you didn't bother to do so or, more likely, you were intentionally misrepresenting my opinion as being this:
Sorry, I forgot that hating cops and sticking it to the establishment and whatnot was the in thing. But yeah, another excellent contribution to a discussion.

When it quite clearly isn't any such thing. That's what prompted my snark about illiteracy. In any case, now that I've defended myself, I think you and I are done here until moderation makes a ruling.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:56 pm

Suppose you two try ignoring each other for a bit? The reported post is not actionable. If there are others, showing a pattern, post links to them or quote them.

Scomagia, you're developing a streak of rudeness that's not going to serve you well. Dial it back. There are polite ways to get your opinion across: find them.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Farnhamia wrote:Suppose you two try ignoring each other for a bit? The reported post is not actionable. If there are others, showing a pattern, post links to them or quote them.

Scomagia, you're developing a streak of rudeness that's not going to serve you well. Dial it back. There are polite ways to get your opinion across: find them.

I'm hardly posting any differently than I always have, so I'm not sure I understand you. I've been pretty keen to toe the line since I first started posting, so if there's something I'm doing now that I shouldn't be I'd like to know what it is. I'd be more than happy to correct my behavior if I'm somehow being more rude or abrasive than I've always been.
Last edited by Scomagia on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Suppose you two try ignoring each other for a bit? The reported post is not actionable. If there are others, showing a pattern, post links to them or quote them.

I'm hardly posting any differently than I always have, so I'm not sure I understand you. I've been pretty keen to toe the line since I first started posting, so if there's something I'm doing now that I shouldn't be I'd like to know what it is. I'd be more than happy to correct my behavior if I'm somehow being more rude or abrasive than I've always been.

Maybe I've just noticed it. As Shakespeare has Henry V say, the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:I'm hardly posting any differently than I always have, so I'm not sure I understand you. I've been pretty keen to toe the line since I first started posting, so if there's something I'm doing now that I shouldn't be I'd like to know what it is. I'd be more than happy to correct my behavior if I'm somehow being more rude or abrasive than I've always been.

Maybe I've just noticed it. As Shakespeare has Henry V say, the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

I suppose that could be true. Still, what would you recommend as far as "dialing it back"? I don't feel that I've been breaking the rules but I have been reported a bit more lately than is usual for me, so maybe I am being a bit more aggressive than usual. Suggestions?

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Scomagia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Maybe I've just noticed it. As Shakespeare has Henry V say, the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

I suppose that could be true. Still, what would you recommend as far as "dialing it back"? I don't feel that I've been breaking the rules but I have been reported a bit more lately than is usual for me, so maybe I am being a bit more aggressive than usual. Suggestions?

Take a look at the posts you've been reported for, for starters.

Scomagia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Scomagia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Scomagia wrote:I suppose that could be true. Still, what would you recommend as far as "dialing it back"? I don't feel that I've been breaking the rules but I have been reported a bit more lately than is usual for me, so maybe I am being a bit more aggressive than usual. Suggestions?

Take a look at the posts you've been reported for, for starters.

I have done so. While I can't see what exactly I'm doing different, I'll try to be a bit more civil.
Last edited by Scomagia on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation