NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]First Responders Does Not Equal Fast Responders

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT]First Responders Does Not Equal Fast Responders

Postby Jakker City » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:05 am

Name

First Responders Does Not Equal Fast Responders

Description

After several cases of deaths within ambulances and slow response times due to “excess time in traffic,” @@NATION@@ is scrambling to respond to public outcry.

Validity

Nations that have a strong automobile industry since that would mean a lot of cars on the road. This could essentially work for any nation as long as cars are not banned or not used often for travel.

Options

[option]“There is just too much traffic on the road!” declared State Official Olivia Ngo. “Cars barely get out of the way because all they care about is getting to their destination. We need to build additional roads and lanes there are only for emergency medical vehicles. It may cost the taxpayers a lot of money, but it is to save lives.”
[effect]Emergency Medical Responders have been seen using their lanes to get donuts quicker.
[stats]Taxes increase, economy increases, safety increases, environment affected negatively

[option]“I get out the way for ambulances sometimes,” retorted @@NATION@@’s Favorite Neighborhood Grandma, Knitty. “They are just always on the road! With this new generation, everything is an emergency. People should stop being such wussies and take care of themselves more.
[effect]Concierge Doctors and Medical Advice phone apps have become increasingly popular.
[stats]Happiness decreases, death rate increases, much less safety, less taxes, much less health spending

[option]“It’s the Emergency Medical Responders that are the problem,” responded Governor and NASCAR Enthusiast, Bentley Motorhead. “There should be more driving training when becoming a Certified First Responder. With some tracks built for training, they should learn how to get around traffic better. Heck, we could even hold some driving competitions!”
[effect]The Emergency Responder Racing Association (ERRA) have seen all of their races sold out.
[stats]Happiness increases, death rate increases, less safety, car industry increases

[option]“No one is thinking high enough,” Aircraft Charter Company President, Randy Toofly, articulated with wide eyes. “The roads will always be clustered with traffic. Air ambulance services should be the only way First Responders travel. @@NATION@@ will be years ahead in their response times for medical emergencies. Think of the profit…I mean people!
[effect]Multiple Air Ambulance accidents with birds have been reported.
[stats]Taxes increase, economy increase, environment affected negatively

This is my first time writing an issue and I don't know the ins and outs too well, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I especially have little idea about stats. Also, I have no idea if another issue that is similar to this is in the works. Feel free to be as supportive or critical as you'd like ;)

Name

Description

After several cases of deaths within ambulances and slow response times due to “excess time in traffic,” @@NATION@@ is scrambling to respond to public outcry.

Validity

Nations that have a strong automobile industry since that would mean a lot of cars on the road. This could essentially work for any nation as long as cars are not banned or not used often for travel.

Options

[option]“There is just too much traffic on the road!” declared State Official Olivia Ngo. “Cars barely get out of the way because all they care about is getting to their destination. We need to build additional roads and lanes there are only for emergency medical vehicles. It may cost the taxpayers a lot of money, but it is to save lives.”
[effect]Emergency Medical Responders have been seen using their lanes to get donuts quicker.
[stats]Taxes increase, economy increases

[option]“I get out the way for ambulances sometimes,” retorted @@NATION@@’s Favorite Neighborhood Grandma, Knitty. “I just cannot hear the sirens! How can I be expected to let them pass if I don’t know an ambulance is nearby? Make the sirens louder and then I’ll get out the way more often.”
[effect]There have been increased reports of hearing loss by drivers.
[stats]Happiness decreases, taxes increase

[option]“It’s the Emergency Medical Responders that are the problem,” responded Governor and NASCAR Enthusiast, Bentley Motorhead. “There should be more driving training when becoming a Certified First Responder. With some tracks built for training, they should learn how to get around traffic better. Heck, we could even hold some driving competitions!”
[effect]The Emergency Responder Racing Association (ERRA) have seen all of their races sold out.
[stats]Happiness increases, death rate increases

[option]“No one is thinking high enough,” Aircraft Charter Company President, Randy Toofly, articulated with wide eyes. “The roads will always be clustered with traffic. Air ambulance services should be the only way First Responders travel. @@NATION@@ will be years ahead in their response times for medical emergencies. Think of the profit…I mean people!
Last edited by Jakker City on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 am

Jakker City wrote:This is my first time writing an issue and I don't know the ins and outs too well, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I especially have little idea about stats. Also, I have no idea if another issue that is similar to this is in the works. Feel free to be as supportive or critical as you'd like ;)

Name

Description

Validity

Options

[stats]Taxes increase, economy increases

[option]“I get out the way for ambulances sometimes,” retorted @@NATION@@’s Favorite Neighborhood Grandma, Knitty. “I just cannot hear the sirens! How can I be expected to let them pass if I don’t know an ambulance is nearby? Make the sirens louder and then I’ll get out the way more often.”
[effect]There have been increased reports of hearing loss by drivers.
[stats]Happiness decreases, taxes increase

[stats]Happiness increases, death rate increases

I like this issue, but surely there should be a tax-cutting and/or privatization option because almost all the options presented need a tax rise, when surely there will be some autocratic nations like me that would not give a single penny to the continued survival of its citizens, and would sooner shoot than heal an injured person?
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Jakker City
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:42 am

Thank you for the feedback. :) You raise a good point. I assumed that any nation that didn't want to raise taxes would simply dismiss the issue, but I could add an option that does not raise taxes.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:38 am

Looking at the whole thing again, I can't help but notice that safety is never affected, nor is the healthcare budget. Surely those would be pretty pivotal aspects affected by this potential issue.

I was also thinking about the point in the previous post. How's this for a very rough draft? My gift to you:

[option] ''Bah!'' announces famous wilderness survivalist Ima Bear '' Who needs ambulances? That time when my leg was crushed by a log, I removed it myself, patched up my own leg and even drove myself home! People should get off the government nanny hug and just learn to take care of themselves.''
[effect] Medical apps and village witch-doctors have become popular.
[stats] Much less safety, less taxes, much less health spending, environment improves,
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.

Jakker City
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:50 am

You are a scholar, Annihilators. I sincerely appreciate your assistance. You bring up a wonderful point and I will adjust the draft accordingly.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:41 pm

Jakker City wrote:You are a scholar, Annihilators. I sincerely appreciate your assistance. You bring up a wonderful point and I will adjust the draft accordingly.

Aw, come on... :blush: I'm just happy to help and save others from the curse of no response that plague my own suggestions.

Jakker City
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:21 am

Second draft is up with an option that decreases taxes.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:27 am

Jakker City wrote:Second draft is up with an option that decreases taxes.

I see. I love your image of some tough-cookie grandma just putting everyone to shame! :clap:

As far as I'm concerned, you look pretty much done.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?