NATION

PASSWORD

Restoring Economy

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Schwarzaria
Secretary

Founded: Sep 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Restoring Economy

Postby Schwarzaria » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:23 am

I played for nearly a year, i achieved heavenly state of 100 economy, and then, i've got an issue nr.242: "A lowly bureaucrat riffling through some old paperwork has happened across a rather alarming and disturbing fact: the documentation affirming yourself as @@NAME@@'s head of state was filled out improperly and now, at least for the moment, @@NAME@@ has no official leader!". I always played totalitarian, so i took the becoming of Overlord of everything, i thought it's not such a bad deal. Next day i came on NS and saw my economy in worse state than Zimbabwe, and all freedoms went slightly up. WTF?! One player said to me that i destroyed all departaments of Industry and Infrastruction, i'm not a fricking dumbass and i know something about economy, i won't bring my country to that state. Is there anything i can do besides spending 9999999999999999 years on waiting for economical issues?

My politics always been economy>everything, i could even bring 16 hours workday to get better production, and now this, it looks like i didnt erased departaments, but a civil war started!
Last edited by Schwarzaria on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.54

Normlpeople
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Normlpeople » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 pm

That particular option also states that all funding not in law & order and military will be cut out, if you had heavily subsidized industry, thats cut as well.

At least, with an attitude of economy > all, you can recover quickly.
Words and Opinion of Clover the Clever
Ambassador to the WA for the Armed Kingdom of Normlpeople

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 am

Oh main dude, that's harsh. I just peeked at it, he literally drops from 100 to 14.Your nation is fairly young so it can happen, but that does seem extreme.

Also it defiantly wasn't the leader issue that caused that. Making yourself supreme overlord doesn't do that to your economy. Looking through your recent issues, i'm not sure which of them might have done this.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Schwarzaria
Secretary

Founded: Sep 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schwarzaria » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:23 pm

and now i will be joked at and have hard times in RP, from 100 to 14... its like beeing richest man in the world and then bam, you dont have anything. I've got a slight depression because of that, whole year went into sink...
Economic Left/Right: 5.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.54

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Schwarzaria wrote:and now i will be joked at and have hard times in RP, from 100 to 14... its like beeing richest man in the world and then bam, you dont have anything. I've got a slight depression because of that, whole year went into sink...

I'm not into RP on this site, but I thought it was common practice to ignore/modify the game-based stats to fit your RP needs?

That issue choice does tend to catch people off guard. It's usually referred to as the North Korea option. In your case it was exceptionally drastic because you had entirely gov't run businesses and a gov't driven economy and in one choice you removed all funding except military and police. There are a few choices in game that can have that drastic of an effect depending on which nation answers it.

It is completely reversible though. Especially if economy > everything else in your nation. You've only been around 4 months and a half months. It looks like it took you about a month or so to get to the 90's the first time.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Gameplay