NATION

PASSWORD

Hades: The Howling Children [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Blackdown Hills
Envoy

Founded: Dec 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Hades: The Howling Children [CLOSED]

Postby The Blackdown Hills » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:30 pm

January 3, 2017
New Moscow Settlement
Antarctic Free Zone

Anastasiya Levchenko ran fast, tears flowing from her eyes. Blood was spattered on her formerly pristine white lab-coat. She struggled in her tall, black boots, never expecting to run whilst wearing them. An open wound on her right shoulder caused her much pain, however the adrenaline flowing through her body prevented her from feeling it. She knew that she needed to get outside. She rounded a corner, hearing the high-pitched wailing sound getting closer to her, chasing her. What was making the sound was getting closer and closer, however Anastasiya had the outer door in sight. She pressed hard to reach the lock, but when she did, she found that she couldn't open it. The patter of feet on the concrete floor drew closer as Anastasiya struggled to turn the large wheel that held the locking mechanism. The pattering and the wailing it brought along turned the corner at the end of the hall. Anastasiya tried one last time to move the door, but it wouldn't budge. She sunk to her knees, her head in her hands, sobbing. The wailing howls were merely feet away. Her screams echoed through the empty halls, then were drowned out by the hungry howling of her assailants.

January 4, 2017
Ramsay Permanent Settlement
Antarctic Free Zone

Dr. Anna Brekke left her office, closing the door behind her. The hospital seemed slower than usual, so she took her time getting to the main desk. She was greeted by the always-upset heavyset receptionist from Botswana - Kagiso. Kagiso looked at Anna with contempt before shoving a medical file towards her. Anna smiled at Kagiso, "Ah, good to see you, So. It's a beautiful day in Ramsay, isn't it?" Anna turned around, a smirk on her face, as Kagiso began to fume. As she walked away, Anna looked at the file, noticing that one of her patients was not responding well to treatment. She quickly made her way to attend to her patient, a twelve year old Russian boy named Mikhail. As she entered the room, she was faced with the hardest part of her job. His Addison's Disease meant that he was not producing sufficient steroid hormones. Mikhail immediately tried to speak, however his speech was severely slurred, and he seemed very confused. Anna referenced Mikhail's file, which showed his most recent blood tests. He had reduced blood glucose levels, as well as low blood sodium, and elevated blood potassium and calcium levels. Mikhail began to convulse, and Anna could only imagine the pain he was feeling in his legs and lower back - all of which were characteristics of an Addisonian Crisis. She quickly reasoned in her head that Mikhail may have had an adrenal hemorrhage, so she quickly called for assistance. One other doctor, as well as two nurses, rushed into the room. They immediately began administering the proper doses of various glucocorticoids, hoping to save Mikhail's life.

Last edited by The Blackdown Hills on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Славься, Крым!

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Matthew Godleski looked over at Mrs. Johnston, who must have been in her seventies. She was a proud old woman, so he didn't want to make her feel badly. He stood up, flipping a light switch on the wall, watching the lamp on her end table turn on brightly. Mrs. Johnston looked so happy. In honesty, all Matthew had done was twist the light bulb in tighter so that the current could flow into the fixture, but he decided to lie strategically. "Well Mrs. Johnston, it was definitely the circuit. It just wasn't running into the light fixture, but I assure you, now it'll work perfectly fine." The elderly woman smiled and began to rummage in her purse, presumably for money with which she'd pay Matt. Matt quickly held up his hands, protesting the idea of payment. "Look, Mrs. Johnston, it was my pleasure. No payment is required. Just let me know whenever you need any work done, and I'll come by and take a look."

After a slightly too-long conversation and a not completely voluntary cup of tea, Matthew left Mrs. Johnston's home, looking up at the artificial sky. Living underground had its advantages, but there were certainly disadvantages to it as well. As he walked he passed several people he knew. He greeted everybody kindly, never one to be unfriendly. In his business, Matthew needed to be a friendly guy in order to get business. The competition wasn't very strong, but that didn't mean he could be complacent. He was happy to live relatively close to Mrs. Johnston, as he managed to get to his house within ten minutes. He opened his door, immediately hit by his pet dog, a seven year old Siberian Husky named Koda. The big dog nearly knocked Matt to the ground, but this was not an issue for the grown up child in Matt. He wrestled the dog to the ground and played with him on the floor for several minutes. He decided that Koda had a little bit too much energy, so he grabbed the leash from a hook next to the door and hooked onto the dog, going outside for a walk.

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Eleni walked down the street, a frustrated look on her face. Her younger sister Mila walked beside her, and she would not stop talking about petty events from high school. Eleni had taken over care of her sister after her parents sent them to Ramsay. They were four years apart, which was nice, because it made them sufficiently different. Mila looked over at Eleni, stopping in her tracks. "You're not listening to me, Leni. You know I don't appreciate that." Eleni smiled at her, a slightly guilty look on her face. "I'm sorry Mila, it's not that I don't care, it's that I've had other things on my mind." She looked down the road, a distracted look on her face. She thought hard for a moment, a smirk appearing on her face. "You know what, I'll race you to the end of the road." She figured that a good foot race would appeal to the athlete in both of the sisters. Mila looked at Eleni as though she was going to say something, but she suddenly took off running. Eleni laughed, starting off at a jogging pace. She then gained significant speed, gaining quickly on Mila. Her younger sister scoffed at her when Eleni passed her, but Eleni didn't care. Their sibling rivalry was always significant, but friendly. Eleni reached the end of the street several seconds before Mila, who looked very angry. Several people walking past chuckled at the girls, not surprised by their behaviour. They knew everyone in their neighbourhood, which came in handy when the girls needed help with things. Their races through the streets were nothing knew to the neighbours.
Гардашдыр тирелер, амандыр иллер
Овал-ахыр бирдир бизин ганымыз.
Харасатлар алмаз, сындырмаз силлер
Несиллер дөш герип горар шанымыз.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Sébastien Henrik de Vaux-Ibsen
4 January 2017
Antarctic Free Zone

Sébastien Henrik de Vaux-Ibsen sat in the reading room of the flat he shared with his Icelandic girlfriend at the Ramsay Permanent Settlement with a tablet-computer in his hands; he was reading the last page of the novel One Hundred Years of Solitude by the late Colombian author Gabriel García Márquez which contained the following words:
Before reaching the final line, however, he had already understood that he would
never leave that room, for it was foreseen that the city of mirrors (or mirages)
would be wiped out by the wind and exiled from the memory of men at the precise
moment when Aureliano Babilonia would finish deciphering the parchments, and
that everything written on them was unrepeatable since time immemorial and
forever more, because races condemned to one hundred years of solitude did not
have a second opportunity on earth.

As of late, his Antarctic surroundings had made him turn to a bizarre romanticise both his state of mild depression (or perhaps just sadness) and the oddly-utopian dystopia he was living through along with all the humans that remained on planet Earth. Today for example, he falsely called-in sick and spent the whole day reading passages of the digitalised versions of the depressing books he had failed to save physically. Since his arrival at the permanent settlement he had hoped to put his qualifications to proper use but on this day after months without seeing the sun and having his entire way of life brought to an abrupt end Sébastien was most-certainly depressed.

Anna Finnsdóttir
4 January 2017
Antarctic Free Zone

Anna Finnsdóttir left her post at the permanent settlement's library particularly early today for she knew Sébastien was depressed beyond a doubt. They both spent the remainder of the day in their small but comfortable and organised flat while he read from the digital books he had learned to hate while she [unsuccessfully] attempted to console him for she had adapted quite quickly; of course, she much preferred her life in London but that was a thing of the past. In essence, she was very pragmatic about it all.
Last edited by Sebastianbourg on Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Cheveksim wrote:Eleni walked down the street, a frustrated look on her face. Her younger sister Mila walked beside her, and she would not stop talking about petty events from high school. Eleni had taken over care of her sister after her parents sent them to Ramsay. They were four years apart, which was nice, because it made them sufficiently different. Mila looked over at Eleni, stopping in her tracks. "You're not listening to me, Leni. You know I don't appreciate that." Eleni smiled at her, a slightly guilty look on her face. "I'm sorry Mila, it's not that I don't care, it's that I've had other things on my mind." She looked down the road, a distracted look on her face. She thought hard for a moment, a smirk appearing on her face. "You know what, I'll race you to the end of the road." She figured that a good foot race would appeal to the athlete in both of the sisters. Mila looked at Eleni as though she was going to say something, but she suddenly took off running. Eleni laughed, starting off at a jogging pace. She then gained significant speed, gaining quickly on Mila. Her younger sister scoffed at her when Eleni passed her, but Eleni didn't care. Their sibling rivalry was always significant, but friendly. Eleni reached the end of the street several seconds before Mila, who looked very angry. Several people walking past chuckled at the girls, not surprised by their behaviour. They knew everyone in their neighbourhood, which came in handy when the girls needed help with things. Their races through the streets were nothing knew to the neighbours.

Matthew was being walked by his dog more than he was actually walking the dog. Koda pulled hard on the leash, but it was nothing Matthew couldn't handle. Several people walked by, most of whom knew Matthew and his friendly dog, so they stopped and gave Koda a pat. It was apparent, though, that Koda was more focused on walking than staying to play, and so Matthew had to kindly excuse himself from the neighbors. As he turned the street corner, he saw that he had passed the finish line on yet another race between the Zaytseva sisters. He laughed when he saw Mila's face, which made it clear that she had lost to her older sister once again. Matthew had heard stories of Eleni's success before Hades hit, but then again, he didn't talk to her very often. It was only in neighborly passing that they ever exchanged words. Koda seemed drawn towards the two girls, and Matthew wasn't one to argue with the large dog. He was pulled behind Koda towards the sisters, who Koda proceeded to sniff excessively. Matthew gave a slight tug on the leash, talking firmly to the dog, "Koda no, that's no way to be a gentleman." He looked at the sisters, smiling. "Hey Eleni, Mila, how are you two doing? Everything good at the school?"

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:46 pm

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg wrote:Matthew was being walked by his dog more than he was actually walking the dog. Koda pulled hard on the leash, but it was nothing Matthew couldn't handle. Several people walked by, most of whom knew Matthew and his friendly dog, so they stopped and gave Koda a pat. It was apparent, though, that Koda was more focused on walking than staying to play, and so Matthew had to kindly excuse himself from the neighbors. As he turned the street corner, he saw that he had passed the finish line on yet another race between the Zaytseva sisters. He laughed when he saw Mila's face, which made it clear that she had lost to her older sister once again. Matthew had heard stories of Eleni's success before Hades hit, but then again, he didn't talk to her very often. It was only in neighborly passing that they ever exchanged words. Koda seemed drawn towards the two girls, and Matthew wasn't one to argue with the large dog. He was pulled behind Koda towards the sisters, who Koda proceeded to sniff excessively. Matthew gave a slight tug on the leash, talking firmly to the dog, "Koda no, that's no way to be a gentleman." He looked at the sisters, smiling. "Hey Eleni, Mila, how are you two doing? Everything good at the school?"

Eleni immediately recognized the dog, as well as the owner. She smiled wide when she saw Matthew, which made Mila smirk. Mila crouched down to pet Koda, which was something she really enjoyed to do. She always had wanted a dog, but her parents never allowed her to have one. Eleni didn't completely ignore Koda, giving him a pat on the head. She was more focused on Matthew. "Oh, hi Matt, it's good to see you. Things are going well at the school, but I don't think the students really respect me as a teacher. Of course, I'm not a teacher, but that's beside the point." She awkwardly stopped talking, not wanting to bore him with unimportant things.

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Cheveksim wrote:Eleni immediately recognized the dog, as well as the owner. She smiled wide when she saw Matthew, which made Mila smirk. Mila crouched down to pet Koda, which was something she really enjoyed to do. She always had wanted a dog, but her parents never allowed her to have one. Eleni didn't completely ignore Koda, giving him a pat on the head. She was more focused on Matthew. "Oh, hi Matt, it's good to see you. Things are going well at the school, but I don't think the students really respect me as a teacher. Of course, I'm not a teacher, but that's beside the point." She awkwardly stopped talking, not wanting to bore him with unimportant things.

Matthew smiled, slightly confused by how nervous Eleni seemed. He hadn't spoken much with her, but he couldn't imagine that she was a naturally awkward person. He found it wonderful how invested Koda was in playing with Mila. Matthew thought about what Eleni said about the students not respecting her as a teacher, which frustrated him. He strained his mind to think of suitable advice to give, not caring whether it was solicited or not. "Well, I feel that the students should respect you simply for standing in front of the class and trying to teach them. I admit, I wasn't the best student in my day, but I always respected my teachers." He smiled wide, looking into her eyes, which seemed to be a very unique, yet beautiful, shade of blue. He felt Koda pulling on the leash slightly, noticing that the dog was jumping up on Mila. "Koda, no. Remember what I taught you." He looked at Mila, then back to Eleni. "Sorry about him, he's sometimes more friendly than he should be. He loves people more than he loves other dogs."

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:19 pm

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg wrote:Matthew smiled, slightly confused by how nervous Eleni seemed. He hadn't spoken much with her, but he couldn't imagine that she was a naturally awkward person. He found it wonderful how invested Koda was in playing with Mila. Matthew thought about what Eleni said about the students not respecting her as a teacher, which frustrated him. He strained his mind to think of suitable advice to give, not caring whether it was solicited or not. "Well, I feel that the students should respect you simply for standing in front of the class and trying to teach them. I admit, I wasn't the best student in my day, but I always respected my teachers." He smiled wide, looking into her eyes, which seemed to be a very unique, yet beautiful, shade of blue. He felt Koda pulling on the leash slightly, noticing that the dog was jumping up on Mila. "Koda, no. Remember what I taught you." He looked at Mila, then back to Eleni. "Sorry about him, he's sometimes more friendly than he should be. He loves people more than he loves other dogs."

Eleni laughed when she saw Koda jump up onto Mila. Mila didn't seem to mind, though, wrestling playfully with the dog. Eleni was glad to see that Mila got to play with a dog. They never had one as children, so the girl missed a lot of valuable pet-time. She was impressed by Matthew's thoughts on the subject of her teaching. She wasn't sure that he had been interested in what she was saying, but it made her very happy to know that he did. "Thanks for saying that, it makes me feel a lot better. I just wish that the students would think the same way." She laughed slightly, "it's not like Mila says anything nice about me to her friends." Mila shot her a look of half-anger, half-amusement.

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Cheveksim wrote:Eleni laughed when she saw Koda jump up onto Mila. Mila didn't seem to mind, though, wrestling playfully with the dog. Eleni was glad to see that Mila got to play with a dog. They never had one as children, so the girl missed a lot of valuable pet-time. She was impressed by Matthew's thoughts on the subject of her teaching. She wasn't sure that he had been interested in what she was saying, but it made her very happy to know that he did. "Thanks for saying that, it makes me feel a lot better. I just wish that the students would think the same way." She laughed slightly, "it's not like Mila says anything nice about me to her friends." Mila shot her a look of half-anger, half-amusement.

Matthew laughed at Eleni's comment, "Well, I think that's what siblings are for. And look, anytime you want to chat, or hang out, you know where I live. Not to mention, if anything breaks over at your house, I'll come by and take a look without charge, if you want." He smiled at her, patting her on the shoulder, "The students will realize that they're lucky to have you as a teacher. I know I wouldn't have complained back when I was in school." He chuckled before pulling Koda lightly away from Mila. "Now, sorry, but I've got to go give this guy a long walk. As you can see, he's full of energy. I'll talk to you girls later." He waved with a smile as he walked away from the Zaytseva sisters, Koda pulling him along like usual.
Last edited by Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg wrote:Matthew laughed at Eleni's comment, "Well, I think that's what siblings are for. And look, anytime you want to chat, or hang out, you know where I live. Not to mention, if anything breaks over at your house, I'll come by and take a look without charge, if you want." He smiled at her, patting her on the shoulder, "The students will realize that they're lucky to have you as a teacher. I know I wouldn't have complained back when I was in school." He chuckled before pulling Koda lightly away from Mila. "Now, sorry, but I've got to go give this guy a long walk. As you can see, he's full of energy. I'll talk to you girls later." He waved with a smile as he walked away from the Zaytseva sisters, Koda pulling him along like usual.

Eleni felt chills run down her spine when Matthew touched her shoulder. She smiled at him, still surprised at his kindness. "That's very kind of you. And I don't think I was alive yet when you were in school." She laughed, the petty jab intended to be harmless. She was definitely sad to see that he was leaving, but she kept his offer of a home estimate in her head. She tried to think of things that she could break in order to cause reason for him to pay a visit. She snapped herself out of the ridiculous thought, noticing that Mila was staring at Koda as they walked down the road. Eleni really, truly wanted to get a dog for Mila, but she didn't have any idea how they would care for it. She put her hand on Mila's arm. "Come on, let's go home. I'm tired, and I still have to make dinner." The sisters walked away, betraying the fact that they truly love each other, despite their constant fighting.

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:14 pm

"You're clear of the Hades Virus. Welcome to Ramsay."
That was a phrase Kyle said hundreds of times a day to the incoming refugees. He was thankful becuase he hasn't had to say "infected" once since arriving in the settlement. Those sending Ramsays new residents were doing a good job of filtering out those afflicted with the Hades Virus. Just like Cosmos month prior these people were coming from Hell. From what he had seen on what news channels were still broadcasting life up in the other six continents wasn't all that great. Cities on fire, mass grave sites, and dead bodies in the street was all he saw. He sincerely hoped that one day order would be restored and Humanity could return to their homes. Until then Kyle was content knowing that there was at least one safe spot on the planet. Ramsay. A man came up to him and relieved him of his position. Today's work of checking the refugees was done. Someone else would take his place for the rest of the day. Removing his hazmat suit he left the facility and headed out. He would drop by the police station before heading home to get some things. On the way though he detoured towards the hospital in Ramsay. Since he had the time he would go and file his report on the refugees so he didn't have to do it tomorrow. Entering the building he proceeded to the file room to enter his report.
Last edited by The United Empire of Exucular on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

The Blackdown Hills
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blackdown Hills » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:47 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:"You're clear of the Hades Virus. Welcome to Ramsay."
That was a phrase Kyle said hundreds of times a day to the incoming refugees. He was thankful becuase he hasn't had to say "infected" once since arriving in the settlement. Those sending Ramsays new residents were doing a good job of filtering out those afflicted with the Hades Virus. Just like Cosmos month prior these people were coming from Hell. From what he had seen on what news channels were still broadcasting life up in the other six continents wasn't all that great. Cities on fire, mass grave sites, and dead bodies in the street was all he saw. He sincerely hoped that one day order would be restored and Humanity could return to their homes. Until then Kyle was content knowing that there was at least one safe spot on the planet. Ramsay. A man came up to him and relieved him of his position. Today's work of checking the refugees was done. Someone else would take his place for the rest of the day. Removing his hazmat suit he left the facility and headed out. He would drop by the police station before heading home to get some things. On the way though he detoured towards the hospital in Ramsay. Since he had the time he would go and file his report on the refugees so he didn't have to do it tomorrow. Entering the building he proceeded to the file room to enter his report.

Dr. Anna Brekke was still reeling from the loss of young Mikhail. She knew that his condition could have been treated, yet they were still unable to save him. She went through so many questions in her head. No amount of thinking could undo what had happened, though, and she knew that. She proceeded to write up a report on what had happened, careful to include every slight detail. It was difficult for her to write the report, but she got it done and went to bring it to the file room. When she got there, she noticed a man filing a report. She didn't recognise him, so she figured he was from one of the police decontamination teams that screened the people coming in from the outside. She decided to talk to him, since she needed to take her mind off of misery. She tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey there, I'm Doctor Anna Brekke. I've never seen you in here before. Are you with one of the decontamination teams? That must be nasty business up there."
Славься, Крым!

Orles
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Orles » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Lee was quite bored. It was not time for his shift with the radios, and, though he should be sleeping, he was instead sitting on the edge of his bed opening and closing his brushed nickel knife. Sighing to himself, he looked down to see a small black and white cat named Alp sprawling on his back and twisting back and forth, desperately pleading for a belly rub. Lee smiled to himself. "What a whore," he whispered softly, abruptly shoving the knife into a pocket of his grey jeans and standing up. He walked towards a back room, with Alp following closely behind. Reaching the room, he gently held the cat outside the door as he closed it. Despite the soundproofing material inside the room, making it an ugly shade of beige, Lee was so certain his cat was yowling that he could hear it inside his head. Sighing, he sat down at the mic and carefully checked over his fourth-generation iPod, as much out of a strange affection for the little device as to look for mechanical failures. The newer models, particularly the iPod touches, had quickly broken, but his old, bulky machine had lasted for thirteen years and still kept going. Sure, it had to stay plugged into the wall due to the short battery life, but that was hardly a concern. Satisfied, Lee flipped a switch and began a broadcast.
"Hello and welcome, citizens of the bottom of the world, to WFRZ Ramsay. This is, as always, Wintermute. The temperature is too cold for me to bother checking to tell you more, and it is roughly another two months before the sun sets. Of course, we're all too far underground for any of that to matter. Last thing before the music begins: If you're tired of hearing the same old crap, please donate. I can convert most formats. Address all donations to WFRZ Office, Ramsay Permanent Settlement. All Coldplay donations will be discarded; they aren't that great and I understand it's cold. It's a shitty pun. And now, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for music, from right now until whenever I feel like turning it off."

Setting his iPod to shuffle, Lee flipped off the mic and leaned back in his chair. Most people in the settlements had radio, and though he had no way of confirming, Lee was pretty sure he was reaching at least the two nearest settlements as well as Ramsay. He turned around and began converting some new CDs to mp3 on a beat-up old computer that was likely more replacement parts than originals at this point. It was tedious work, but at least it took his mind off the world for a while.
Last edited by Orles on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know about happiness, but virtue's overrated

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 pm

The Blackdown Hills wrote:
Dr. Anna Brekke was still reeling from the loss of young Mikhail. She knew that his condition could have been treated, yet they were still unable to save him. She went through so many questions in her head. No amount of thinking could undo what had happened, though, and she knew that. She proceeded to write up a report on what had happened, careful to include every slight detail. It was difficult for her to write the report, but she got it done and went to bring it to the file room. When she got there, she noticed a man filing a report. She didn't recognise him, so she figured he was from one of the police decontamination teams that screened the people coming in from the outside. She decided to talk to him, since she needed to take her mind off of misery. She tapped him on the shoulder, "Hey there, I'm Doctor Anna Brekke. I've never seen you in here before. Are you with one of the decontamination teams? That must be nasty business up there."

Kyle turned around to look at the blonde woman. Kyle had never met this individual either. For a moment he stood there collected his thought so that he could answer her question. "Hello, my name is Kyle Cosmos, I was with the US Medical Corp before the outbreak. Yes, I'm on one of the decontamination teams. It is pretty nasty over there to be honest. Some of them arrive in Ramsay with tattered cloths and covered in dirt. Others have wounds and burns from what we assume were from looters and the fires that consumed some of the cities. A vast majority of them don't even talk to us unless we talk to them directly. I don't blame them though. Watching friends and family die around them isn't good for the human psyche. Though there is something positve that we see from the refugees. When we tell them their uninfected and in a save place their eyes light up. You can see the joy and relief in their faces. They know they've made it through hell and are in the promise land. To me it's one of the bright spots in all this darkness."
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

The Blackdown Hills
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blackdown Hills » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:23 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:

Kyle turned around to look at the blonde woman. Kyle had never met this individual either. For a moment he stood there collected his thought so that he could answer her question. "Hello, my name is Kyle Cosmos, I was with the US Medical Corp before the outbreak. Yes, I'm on one of the decontamination teams. It is pretty nasty over there to be honest. Some of them arrive in Ramsay with tattered cloths and covered in dirt. Others have wounds and burns from what we assume were from looters and the fires that consumed some of the cities. A vast majority of them don't even talk to us unless we talk to them directly. I don't blame them though. Watching friends and family die around them isn't good for the human psyche. Though there is something positve that we see from the refugees. When we tell them their uninfected and in a save place their eyes light up. You can see the joy and relief in their faces. They know they've made it through hell and are in the promise land. To me it's one of the bright spots in all this darkness."

Anna nodded, finding inspiration in his words. She was still down about the loss of young Mikhail, but conversation was doing well to move it to the back of her mind. She was interested in the decontamination teams, since it was seldom they actually showed up at the hospital. She wondered if he'd been to any of the other settlements, but then she remembered that travel between settlements was prohibited for anybody who wasn't a doctor, cop, or political figure. "So, since you're on a decontamination team, have you ever met the Overseer of Ramsay, Dr. Rasmussen? The story is that he helped to found this place, but nobody has seen or heard from him since. Of course, they publish the monthly report from his desk, but I doubt he really writes it. That's enough of my rambling, though. I have to get back to my rounds. It was nice to meet you, Kyle." With that, she left the file room and continued her rotation.
Славься, Крым!

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:42 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Kyle turned around to look at the blonde woman. Kyle had never met this individual either. For a moment he stood there collected his thought so that he could answer her question. "Hello, my name is Kyle Cosmos, I was with the US Medical Corp before the outbreak. Yes, I'm on one of the decontamination teams. It is pretty nasty over there to be honest. Some of them arrive in Ramsay with tattered cloths and covered in dirt. Others have wounds and burns from what we assume were from looters and the fires that consumed some of the cities. A vast majority of them don't even talk to us unless we talk to them directly. I don't blame them though. Watching friends and family die around them isn't good for the human psyche. Though there is something positve that we see from the refugees. When we tell them their uninfected and in a save place their eyes light up. You can see the joy and relief in their faces. They know they've made it through hell and are in the promise land. To me it's one of the bright spots in all this darkness."

Anna nodded, finding inspiration in his words. She was still down about the loss of young Mikhail, but conversation was doing well to move it to the back of her mind. She was interested in the decontamination teams, since it was seldom they actually showed up at the hospital. She wondered if he'd been to any of the other settlements, but then she remembered that travel between settlements was prohibited for anybody who wasn't a doctor, cop, or political figure. "So, since you're on a decontamination team, have you ever met the Overseer of Ramsay, Dr. Rasmussen? The story is that he helped to found this place, but nobody has seen or heard from him since. Of course, they publish the monthly report from his desk, but I doubt he really writes it. That's enough of my rambling, though. I have to get back to my rounds. It was nice to meet you, Kyle." With that, she left the file room and continued her rotation.

"It was nice to meet you too Anna."
Considering her profession Kyle assumed he would meet her again sometime soon. After finishing the filing of his report he walked out and into the hospitals lunch room. Sitting down at a table he ate a snack as he thought to himself. His conversation with Anna was back in his mind. Specifically what she had said about the overseer. It was true what she said, nobody including Cosmos has seen him since the founding of Ramsey. Some people say he's dead or that he's left for a different settlement. If he is dead than Kyle could understand why those in charge of the settlements wouldn't want people to know. If people knew that the man that built their frozen Eden had died people would be hysterical. Especially if Dr. Rasmussen died from the Hades Virus. Cosmos liked to believe that he was somewhere even further underground researching a cure to the virus. Locking himself away until a treatment was perfected. Finishing his small meal he continued his walk towards the police station.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:52 pm

[Soundtrack: I miss the sun oh so very much]

Jack "Lich" Wilkinson

It's such a cold place

This land from which we have come to seeking refuge from the horrors of the world outside, but even here we have not been able to make utopia. This land has it's own horrors, many of them bought over like immigrants by the very people who came here. This is a cold dark land that sucks the very hope out of it's inhabitants who like rat men see only what is in front of their faces, and who like nostalgic spirits are clung to their long ago past. Their eyes be watching god but their prayers fall on deaf ears, and the lights have gone off leaving all in the dark. Is this truly worth living for, or is their another way? For now we all must continue on are paces hoping for better days that may never come, with every little candle being like a bright star in this dark world. This world with days holding hands a dead sun, and nights without moon nor stars.

I walked through the dark streets making my way around like always. I was "Lich" the forgotten boy who haunted these lands like a spectral ghost filled with wrath and emptiness. People walked past me treating me like the lepers of old times, shunned and scorned. I had fallen through the cracks, and so had other boys and girls who had been dumped by and ignored by the system. We lived in the sewers and other dark dank places that others did not want for themselves. We fought each other in secret wars and feuds that raged under the cover of darkness, though occasionally they would be bought to the light of day. As I made my way through the streets a few shadowy figures were tailing me, waiting for the right moment. I had stolen from them and they wanted what I had back, and then some more. Armed with blades, clubs, and chains these miscreants waited carefully knowing any slip up could mean failure. Luck would not be with them that day and would close it's door and leave it locked for the day. At the corner Of my eye I saw them and with little hesitation I ran like the wind. My legs pumped and sweat glistened of my face as I made a mad dash for safety. I moved in and out of the crowd like a fish in water while my assailants like a hammer bludgeoned their way shoving and pushing. I hoped a small fence into a darkened ally and scuttled up a small fire escape ladder. Some followed while others stayed on the ground and threw rocks at me trying to strike me down. I took the blows and continued my way up the roof and ran hard with my pursuers coming soon after. With my back to the ledge and in full view of the people below I pulled out my Zip gun, homemade pistol that fired shotgun shells, and fired right at the 4 individuals. I didn't stay to see my handiwork as I jumped off the ledge and landed on the building next door, I could hear the screams of bystanders coming from below screaming bloody murder. When others would feel a rush I did not, feeling nothing as usual I made my way jumping from roof to roof until I made a mistake trying to make a jump I knew I could not make but trying anyways. I watched as the opposing ledge got closer and closer and then watched in horror as the ledge slipped away from me and I went tumbling down. I did my best to break my fall but it was not enough and I slammed into the ground below with a thud, and the lights went out.

A little while later

I awoke in the hospital and looked around with fear and apprehension with the memories of what had happened coming back to me. I looked at my surroundings and saw a sterile white room, I was in a rather comfy bed with my left arm and leg in bandages. I tried to get up but the pain that wracked my body was great and forced me back down. I lay there breathing thinking of how thirsty I was, A glass of water lay next to me on a small table but I was too paranoid to try it. I knew for certain this would be a really long day, and you know what. That really sucks.
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Eleni and Mila reached their home and went inside, finding everything just the way it was when they left. It was so different from their home in Moscow, and the girls had trouble accepting it, but they were coming around to the idea of their new home. Mila immediately went to the cupboard and took a can of soup from inside, opening it with a can-opener. Eleni protested, "I was going to make dinner, Mila." Mila scoffed, giving Eleni a very cold look. "Eleni, no offense, but your cooking sucks. You can make roast chicken taste like borscht. I do not know how you do that." Eleni was clearly offended, and Mila smirked at the sight. Eleni went into her room and got changed into athletic clothes. She wore the top worn by Russian olympic athletes, which she was given by the Russian Olympic Committee, and a pair of matching shorts, and went outside. She set her mp3 player to play her favourite music from Russia, and started her run.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:46 am

Cheveksim wrote:Eleni and Mila reached their home and went inside, finding everything just the way it was when they left. It was so different from their home in Moscow, and the girls had trouble accepting it, but they were coming around to the idea of their new home. Mila immediately went to the cupboard and took a can of soup from inside, opening it with a can-opener. Eleni protested, "I was going to make dinner, Mila." Mila scoffed, giving Eleni a very cold look. "Eleni, no offense, but your cooking sucks. You can make roast chicken taste like borscht. I do not know how you do that." Eleni was clearly offended, and Mila smirked at the sight. Eleni went into her room and got changed into athletic clothes. She wore the top worn by Russian olympic athletes, which she was given by the Russian Olympic Committee, and a pair of matching shorts, and went outside. She set her mp3 player to play her favourite music from Russia, and started her run.

4 January 2017
Antarctic Free Zone

Sébastien Henrik had decided to go for a run at Anna Finnsdóttir insistence. For this reason, he changed out of his grey, monotonous pyjamas made out of silk and into the Norwegian Army exercise kit's top and the Swiss Army exercise kit's trousers and went out for a run with his iPhone (he kept his iPhone 6 Plus with him at all times as a sort of memorial to the better and more prosperous and happy times he had lived through) blasting Helter Skelter by The Beatles at full volume and on repeat. While running through the settlement he encountered his Russian co-worker Eleni Zaytseva who was also in the mood for a run while blasting music at unhealthy volumes through her ears!

The Blackdown Hills
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blackdown Hills » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:25 am

Kazarogkai wrote:A little while later
I awoke in the hospital and looked around with fear and apprehension with the memories of what had happened coming back to me. I looked at my surroundings and saw a sterile white room, I was in a rather comfy bed with my left arm and leg in bandages. I tried to get up but the pain that wracked my body was great and forced me back down. I lay there breathing thinking of how thirsty I was, A glass of water lay next to me on a small table but I was too paranoid to try it. I knew for certain this would be a really long day, and you know what. That really sucks.

Dr. Anna Brekke was taking her time walking back from the file room, already feeling frustrated about the way the day had gone. She walked past the main desk, ignoring Kagiso's apparent frustration with her, and grabbed a new file from the surface. She opened it, rolling her eyes. She walked over to the room where young Jack Wilkinson was being held. She had never met the boy, but she knew that he was trouble. She entered the room, noting the bandages on his body. "I'm not going to stand here and ask you what you did to end up this way. From your record, I figure I know why you're here. I'd suggest you stay still. As a doctor, there's not much more I need to do. When the police get here, the nurses will release you." She stood in the doorway, giving him an unfriendly look.
Славься, Крым!

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:57 am

Sebastianbourg wrote:Sébastien Henrik de Vaux-Ibsen
4 January 2017
Antarctic Free Zone

Sébastien Henrik had decided to go for a run at Anna Finnsdóttir insistence. For this reason, he changed out of his grey, monotonous pyjamas made out of silk and into the Norwegian Army exercise kit's top and the Swiss Army exercise kit's trousers and went out for a run with his iPhone (he kept his iPhone 6 Plus with him at all times as a sort of memorial to the better and more prosperous and happy times he had lived through) blasting Helter Skelter by The Beatles at full volume and on repeat. While running through the settlement he encountered his Russian co-worker Eleni Zaytseva who was also in the mood for a run while blasting music at unhealthy volumes through her ears!

Eleni ran at a very quick pace, her years of training for the 5000m run paying off with every stride. She was tall, which allowed her to cover more distance with less effort. Eleni noticed somebody else out for a run, coming the other way down the road. She quickly realised that the man was Sébastien, the teacher who she helped in the classroom. She wasn't quite sure how to interact with him, since she never saw him outside of class environment, so she thought quickly. She had already passed her daily goal of five miles, so she figured she could slow down. As she got close, she noticed that he was listening to music, so she merely waved at him.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:46 am

Cheveksim wrote:Eleni ran at a very quick pace, her years of training for the 5000m run paying off with every stride. She was tall, which allowed her to cover more distance with less effort. Eleni noticed somebody else out for a run, coming the other way down the road. She quickly realised that the man was Sébastien, the teacher who she helped in the classroom. She wasn't quite sure how to interact with him, since she never saw him outside of class environment, so she thought quickly. She had already passed her daily goal of five miles, so she figured she could slow down. As she got close, she noticed that he was listening to music, so she merely waved at him.

4 January 2017
Antarctic Free Zone

Sébastien waved hello back at Eleni Zaytseva and ran-off the other way. About half-a-minute later, he turned around and ran after her hoping to coordinate the final details of one of the many lessons Sébastien Henrik was to teach on the following day. As she was listening to music from her MP3 player she did not hear him coming behind her so Sébastien Henrik was forced to run-up to her in a way that he thought could momentarily-frighten her. Nevertheless, he said, "Hello! We have a lesson to plan don't we?" and made her stop running. It felt odd as they did not have an existing relationship outside of that one at school but he did not want to improvise the following day.
Last edited by Sebastianbourg on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:54 am

4 January 2017
Antarctic Free Zone

Sébastien waved hello back at Eleni Zaytseva and ran-off the other way. About half-a-minute later, he turned around and ran after her hoping to coordinate the final details of one of the many lessons Sébastien Henrik was to teach on the following day. As she was listening to music from her MP3 player she did not hear him coming behind her so Sébastien Henrik was forced to run-up to her in a way that he thought could momentarily-frighten her. Nevertheless, he said, "Hello! We have a lesson to plan don't we?" and made her stop running. It felt odd as they did not have an existing relationship outside of that one at school but he did not want to improvise the following day.

Eleni was surprised, and even slightly frightened, to be stopped by Sébastien, not knowing him very well, however she met the interesting circumstance with the same amount of friendliness that she met everything with. "Well, we do have a lesson to plan." She was even more surprised, since she wasn't usually asked to help plan the lessons. Usually, she received the lesson before class, and she had to review it. "What were you planning on putting together?" She was slightly self-conscious, since after running just over five miles she had begun to sweat. She couldn't imagine she smelled as pleasant as usual.

Sebastianbourg
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianbourg » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Cheveksim wrote:Eleni was surprised, and even slightly frightened, to be stopped by Sébastien, not knowing him very well, however she met the interesting circumstance with the same amount of friendliness that she met everything with. "Well, we do have a lesson to plan." She was even more surprised, since she wasn't usually asked to help plan the lessons. Usually, she received the lesson before class, and she had to review it. "What were you planning on putting together?" She was slightly self-conscious, since after running just over five miles she had begun to sweat. She couldn't imagine she smelled as pleasant as usual.

"I don't know." began Sébastien Henrik de Vaux-Ibsen slightly ashamed of being absolutely clueless on what to teach his pupils, "What do you suggest we teach them? We finished the unit so we are free to pick whichever unit we like, right?" Sébastien was anxious to end the conversation and return to his flat as he was concerned with his body odour. Little did he know that his co-worker, Eleni Zaytseva, had a similar sentiment although he did not detect any particularly-displeasing odour in her but that was mostly due to the fact that he was too worried about his!

Cheveksim
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheveksim » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:24 pm

"I don't know." began Sébastien Henrik de Vaux-Ibsen slightly ashamed of being absolutely clueless on what to teach his pupils, "What do you suggest we teach them? We finished the unit so we are free to pick whichever unit we like, right?" Sébastien was anxious to end the conversation and return to his flat as he was concerned with his body odour. Little did he know that his co-worker, Eleni Zaytseva, had a similar sentiment although he did not detect any particularly-displeasing odour in her but that was mostly due to the fact that he was too worried about his!

Eleni didn't really know what they should teach, but if they were free to choose a new unit, she could definitely think of ideas. Her mind immediately went to her favourite subjects, history and biology. Knowing that they hadn't taught much biology or pathology, she figured that might be a good place to start. "Well, maybe we could have a unit on biology, and disease. I was very good with this subject in Russia, so I feel I could help a lot. It might be important to teach about disease since that's the reason we are all here." She shifted uncomfortably onto her left foot, her right foot sore from the run.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse